The Education Forum

Walker Shooting

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is only the testimony of George DeMohrenschild and Marina Oswald that implicates LHO in the Walker shooting.

NONE of the actual on-site witnesses after the fact ID's Oswald as one of the men seen leaving.

NONE of them.

ZERO.

ZIPPO.

ZILCH.

But Marina, who WASN'T there, says Lee did it.

And DeMohrenschildt, who WASN'T there, also says Lee did it.

Case closed...he's guilty. [sARCASM WARNING]

It is only the testimony of George DeMohrenschild and Marina Oswald that implicates LHO in the Walker shooting.

NONE of the actual on-site witnesses after the fact ID's Oswald as one of the men seen leaving.

NONE of them.

ZERO.

ZIPPO.

ZILCH.

But Marina, who WASN'T there, says Lee did it.

And DeMohrenschildt, who WASN'T there, also says Lee did it.

Case closed...he's guilty. [sARCASM WARNING]

Mark:

I understand your frustration (with the state of the evidence); but your post doesn't capture "the reality of the event" (as Professor Liebeler used to say, in that UCLA seminar).

Here's what is significant (IMHO):

Marina states that Lee came home that night, rushing in, and breathless, and said he shot at Walker.

She didn't just say this to the Secret Service and the FBI (and then testify about it). During the years I knew her, I went over this very carefully. Agreed: she is not a witness to what went on over at the Walker residence that night; but she is a witness to what Oswald said when he came rushing in that night; and then turned on the radio to listen to news broadcasts.

So, she's a witness to what Oswald said. And, let me assure you, it left an indelible impression on her.

As for GDM, he's a witness to Oswald's reaction when he (GDM) made a joke about it. No, that's not proof, but it is relevant.

One other thing: the handwritten note was written by Oswald, and it was placed prominently in that private little area where Oswald worked.

One other matter: The photographs taken in Oswald's camera can be timed--because of the progress of construction on that building in the backgroud--and they were taken during the period that the rifle was ordered.

So those are "the facts". . .exactly what they mean is another matter.

DSL

4/18/15; 3:20 p.m. PDT

Los Angeles, Ca.

David Lifton,

You write with authority.

Have you had the "Walker note" translated by a Russian-speaking person?

Jon Tidd:

No, I have never questioned the translation of the Russian note.

My understanding is that those translations were done by the State Department and/or the FBI.

Is there reason to believe that the translation--as published in the Warren Report--is incorrect?

Please respond to dsl74@cornell.edu (as I don't check the London Forum very often).

Thanks.

DSL

David Lifton,

You write with authority.

Have you had the "Walker note" translated by a Russian-speaking person?

The translation is fine. I had a Eastern European Russian speaking member at my old forum check it. I also had him check samples of Oswald's Russian texts and Ruth Paine's Russian texts and his conclusion (as an admitted non-expert, but a student of language) was that Ruth Paine was the author.

There are too many flaws to count in that article, "Did Lee Harvey Oswald Shoot at General Edwin Walker?". Here is a brief summary:

(1) This article doubts Marina Oswald's handwritten note from Lee. The reasons given are superficial.

(2) This article doubts Marina Oswald’s credibility. The reasons given are superficial.

(3) This article complains that since Ruth Paine supplied Oswald’s Note, it must be disqualified. What nonsense.

(4) This article doubts that the Walker Note was authentic -- based on vapid arguments and rank suspicion.

(5) The fact that there were two men outside Walker’s house (before the shooting and immediately after) does not alter the fact that Marina Oswald reported WHAT LEE OSWALD TOLD HER. Knowing that Lee OSWALD continually lied to Marina -- and especially about the details of the Walker shooting, answers all such issues.

(6) Again, the fact that the bullet and rifle might not match a Manlicer-Carcano is irrelevant if we admit that there were two shooters, riding in at least one car, and so probably multiple weapons. That Marina believed the lies Lee OSWALD told her cannot be blamed on Marina.

(7) As for Oswald’s motive for shooting Walker, this article neglects the ample evidence provided by George De Mohrenschildt and Volkmar Schmidt, to the effect that they worked hard to convince Lee Harvey OSWALD, who was a right-winger while in Dallas, to hate Edwin Walker.

Conclusion: The article is superficial and omits much evidence that is readily available.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

Here is the so-called Walker letter.

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?docId=1133&relPageId=26

Can anyone ID the bridge at point 11?

Interesting question about the bridge, Greg. Looking at a map of Dallas, Main Street seems to cross the Trinity River just west of Dealey Plaza, where the city jail is located. Taking this route west would lead to Irving, just west of Dallas. Could this be what was meant in point 11?

Edited by Robert Prudhomme

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?docId=1133&relPageId=26

Interesting question about the bridge, Greg. Looking at a map of Dallas, Main Street seems to cross the Trinity River just west of Dealey Plaza, where the city jail is located. Taking this route west would lead To Irving, just west of Dallas. Could this be what was meant in point 11?

Do his directions correctly locate the jail and the landmark travelling from Irving?

Interesting question about the bridge, Greg. Looking at a map of Dallas, Main Street seems to cross the Trinity River just west of Dealey Plaza, where the city jail is located. Taking this route west would lead To Irving, just west of Dallas. Could this be what was meant in point 11?

Do his directions correctly locate the jail and the landmark travelling from Irving?

"If I am alive and taken prisoner, the city jail is located at the end of the bridge through which we always passed on going to the city (right in the beginning of the city after crossing the bridge)"

I have made some interesting discoveries. Just after going under the Triple Underpass, and just after the Stemmons Freeway on ramp, Elm St., Main St. and Commerce St. seem to merge into one road that is called West Commerce St. About 800 metres past the TUP, W. Commerce St. crosses the Trinity River, and guess what is the first avenue crossing W. Commerce St. on the western bank of the Trinity River? Give up? It's North Beckley Avenue, and no more than 3.5 kilometres south on N. Beckley Ave. is Oswald's rooming house.

But there's more. Four blocks south of Oswald's rooming house on N. Beckley, and two and one half blocks west on West Neely St. puts us at 214 West Neely St., the supposed locale for the famous back yard photos.

Dealey Plaza is definitely the beginning of the Dallas downtown area and, depending on how things translate from Russian, some might interpret entering the "city" as entering the downtown area, while for me, entering a city begins when I reach the suburban outskirts.

And, if I was driving from 801 West Irving Boulevard in Irving Texas, and headed for downtown Dallas, one quick route might be going east on W. Irving Blvd. for 2 kilometres, south on Highway 12 for 8 kilometres and then east again on the Tom Landry Freeway. After 5 kilometres on the Tom Landry Freeway, take the Ft. Worth Ave. exit going east, and follow this road until it becomes West Commerce St. and crosses the Trinity River and voila! you are in Dealey Plaza.

The thing I think we should keep in mind is that anyone could have figured all of this out, and included the directions to the city jail in the note when it was written. I am still far from convinced that Oswald wrote this note.