The Education Forum

The blond Oswald in Mexico

Here's a picture of the blond Oswald, photographed in Mexico. It doesn't look like Harvey or Lee. The picture, to me, depicts a slight man with a blond toupee -- like Andy Warhol used to wear. Did the Embassies really think that was real hair? I don't know who first posted this photo, but I found it in my picture archives.

Does anyone know anything more about this Blond Oswald?

Kathy Collins

post-5645-1194576010_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kathleen Collins

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kathy,

I may be wrong here but I believe that photo was one of two made public by the HSCA in an attempt to discover the subjects' identities.

I always though he looked like Louis Steven Witt.

James

James, I have 2 hard drives in my computer. But I on a previous HD I had a photo -- like one taken in a booth -- of Harvey Oswald with hair bleached. Did you ever see that one? I don't know if it was trick photography or not. I think I'm going to check my pictures.

Kathy

Kathy,

James, I have 2 hard drives in my computer. But I on a previous HD I had a photo -- like one taken in a booth -- of Harvey Oswald with hair bleached. Did you ever see that one? I don't know if it was trick photography or not. I think I'm going to check my pictures.

Kathy

Yes, I think James brought up the right picture. This is the picture that LHO? had taken in Mexico City as part of his effort to get a visa to Cuba and beyond.

He is wearing a sweater vest.

What I find striking is that the two pictures below were taken a month apart. One in New Orleans in August, one in Mexico in September.

Are we looking at Harvey and Lee?

post-669-1194886667_thumb.jpg

Steve Thomas

Kathy,

Yes, I think James brought up the right picture. This is the picture that LHO? had taken in Mexico City as part of his effort to get a visa to Cuba and beyond.

What I find striking is that the two pictures below were taken a month apart. One in New Orleans in August, one in Mexico in September.

Steve Thomas

Yes, Steve, in my opinion, these are Harvey and Lee. I have some other photos taken in the same "session" that are, without a doubt, Lee Oswald, again, in my opinion. I will try to find these pictures.

Kathy

Kathy,

Steve Thomas

Yes, Steve, in my opinion, these are Harvey and Lee. I have some other photos taken in the same "session" that are, without a doubt, Lee Oswald, again, in my opinion. I will try to find these pictures.

Kathy

Here are 2 pictures. I think one is Lee and the other Harvey. Both were taken in New Orleans. I had other pictures of Lee in New Orleans but it must be on an old harddrive. Notice Harvey has a part in his hair; the one I think is Lee doesn't.

Notice also that "Lee" with his arms crossed is wearing a wedding ring.

Harvey is a bit dorky, wouldn't you say? But Lee looks like you better not fool around with him. Merciless.

I've often wondered if Harvey knew Lee existed. I doubt it. But Lee knew about Harvey. According to John Armstrong's research, Lee shot at Kennedy from the 6th floor window of TSBD. Got into a car with someone and headed to a small airport in the region, leaving for who knows where.

Kathy

post-5645-1194914189_thumb.jpg

post-5645-1194914218_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kathleen Collins

• 2 years later...

The picture posted by Collins IS one of the two pictures on the CD Rom of Armstrong's book.

It is actually the second one. The first one is a fuller shot and does not at all look like Witt.

These were pics taken by the Cuban government. Azcue showed them to CBS in 1978 and said this is the man who called himself Lee Harvey Oswald at the Embassy. (Armstrong, Harvey and Lee, p. 646-47)

And it does resemble the physical features that Duran recalled before she was arrested and intimidated.

Jim,

this person is certainly blond and slender - but I'm not sure how you can determine he is short (although if I were pushed to say, I'd agree he probably is a best guess). The real problem is not the phyiscal description, but the clothing. This guy is wearing a suit and tie. Her "Oswald" was "poorly dressed".

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?docId=3025&relPageId=7

Steve Thomas

Important, I think, to compare each photo to the Russian pictures of defecting and repatriating Oswald.

Edited by David Andrews

Here's a picture of the blond Oswald, photographed in Mexico. It doesn't look like Harvey or Lee. The picture, to me, depicts a slight man with a blond toupee -- like Andy Warhol used to wear. Did the Embassies really think that was real hair? I don't know who first posted this photo, but I found it in my picture archives.

Does anyone know anything more about this Blond Oswald?

Kathy Collins

Kathy

The person reminds me of DeWitt too or maybe Roy Hargreaves.

Ian