The Education Forum

JFK assassination: From Dallas to Watergate

Dawn Meredith

Guest John Gillespie

[quote name='Ashton Gray' date='Jul 21 2006, 04:53 AM' post='69508']

And now Dawn Meredith, with malice aforethought, has dragged me kicking and screaming into the JFK assassination discussion. She is utterly impossible. :rolleyes:

Ashton Gray

Ashton. I expect that by 11/22/06 you will have solved this case. That's an order :))

Best of luck with all your projects, here in cyberspace and in real life.

Dawn

Not without me he won't...Oh, I'm quite serious.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I'd like to share something. I gave Bob Bennett (now senator of Utah) and Bob Woodward an article to respond to. It forwarded my theory that Bob Bennett was Deep Throat.

There was no reaction. Within 2 weeks the "Mark Felt = Deep Throat story" broke.

What are 2 weeks on 32 years? Well, I guess it's one of those coincidences.

http://jfkmurdersolved.com/bennett.htm

Wim

• 2 weeks later...
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I'd like to share something. I gave Bob Bennett (now senator of Utah) and Bob Woodward an article to respond to. It forwarded my theory that Bob Bennett was Deep Throat.

There was no reaction. Within 2 weeks the "Mark Felt = Deep Throat story" broke.

What are 2 weeks on 32 years? Well, I guess it's one of those coincidences.

http://jfkmurdersolved.com/bennett.htm

Wim

Wim:

Very interesting. Many of us have long thought that- if there actually was a "deep throat"- it was Bennett.

Dawn

• 1 month later...
...I highly recommend anyone interested in these two events and how they are really one huge event, begin with those two postings: Oglesby and Carroll.

Ashton Gary has also done some very good investigative work on the Watergate issue.

Unfortunately it looks like all of Carroll's posts have been deleted. And I didn't find any seminars or watergate related material Oglesby. Disappointing 'cause I'm extremely interested in the Kennedy assassination-Watergate tie in. So if you have resources to point to--books, articles, posts--that'd be great.

...I highly recommend anyone interested in these two events and how they are really one huge event, begin with those two postings: Oglesby and Carroll.

Ashton Gary has also done some very good investigative work on the Watergate issue.

Unfortunately it looks like all of Carroll's posts have been deleted. And I didn't find any seminars or watergate related material Oglesby. Disappointing 'cause I'm extremely interested in the Kennedy assassination-Watergate tie in. So if you have resources to point to--books, articles, posts--that'd be great.

Myra,

John has begun scanning Carl Oglesby's book The Yankee and Cowboy War. It's on the jfk assassination debate part of the forum. He started this over July 4th and is up to I believe chapter 4-5 now. YOu will have to page forward to find it. Carl steadfastly refuses to get online so is not able to join us here.

I do have some fantastic news about him tho: his SDS book that he worked on for the last 17 or so years is going to be published by Simon and Shuster (sp?).

Did not know Tim's stuff had been deleted again. That's really too bad.

Dawn

ps Myra: If you have the next week free - (: - I suggest you read all of Aston Gray's posts from this past summer. Great stuff.

Myra,

John has begun scanning Carl Oglesby's book The Yankee and Cowboy War. It's on the jfk assassination debate part of the forum. He started this over July 4th and is up to I believe chapter 4-5 now. YOu will have to page forward to find it. Carl steadfastly refuses to get online so is not able to join us here.

I do have some fantastic news about him tho: his SDS book that he worked on for the last 17 or so years is going to be published by Simon and Shuster (sp?).

Did not know Tim's stuff had been deleted again. That's really too bad.

Dawn

ps Myra: If you have the next week free - (: - I suggest you read all of Aston Gray's posts from this past summer. Great stuff.

Thank you Dawn. I've just started reading Oglesby's stuff now that you kicked it to the surface. I was only looking in the Seminar section.

What's "SDS"? Regardless, if a major publisher will finally print something besides the myth, and authors don't have to go thru what Mark Lane went thru, thats great.

Re: Ashton Gray's posts, I've read quite a few. And I'm not very knowledgable about Watergate, tho' I want to remedy that, in particular how it relates to President Kennedy's murder. And from what little I do know I believe they were closely related. So I'm surprised to see him say that the Bay of Pigs was just the Bay of Pigs (and a cigar is just a cigar) in Nixon-speak, and that Nixon had no hand in JFK's death. (I hope I'm not misrepresenting his opinions.) I'll read more (uh, maybe not for a solid week :) , but so far I'm leaning in the opposite from Ashton direction.

Hello, Ms. Bronstein.

Re: Ashton Gray's posts, I've read quite a few. And I'm not very knowledgable about Watergate, tho' I want to remedy that, in particular how it relates to President Kennedy's murder. And from what little I do know I believe they were closely related.

Careful, now; I fear you may be drifting somewhat toward the Ashton direction. Better furl the jib and trim the sheets. :)

So I'm surprised to see him say that the Bay of Pigs was just the Bay of Pigs (and a cigar is just a cigar) in Nixon-speak...

Oh, dear me. I'm a bit surprised myself to see you have "read quite a few" of my posts, then have elected to make an issue of a mere opinion I expressed concerning a very smoky opinion issued by H.R. Haldeman years after the fact—and have done so to the complete exclusion of a mini-encyclopedia of exhaustively researched solid and incontrovertible facts that I have posted.

With all due respect, from where I sit this is somewhat on the order of razing the cornfield to find a weed.

Now that you've found one, though, I'm happy to pull at it with you. I'd be very entertained to hear not only the foundation, but the relevance—to you—for divining what Nixon meant when he said "the whole Bay of Pigs thing."

And I'll even start the pulling: I for one think "the whole Bay of Pigs thing" goes much, much deeper than thee or we currently know, and by "Bay of Pigs," I mean as the Bay of Pigs, of the Bay of Pigs, and for the Bay of Pigs. Amen. And I have very solid foundation, indeed, for not just believing, but knowing damned well, that Nixon was dead center in the initial planning of the Bay of Pigs—literally. In fact, where I've discussed this before, I've documented that fact, including Nixon's liaison with the CIA factions who engineered that infamous international fiasco—a few things you omitted in your maize-razing and weed-pulling.

In the same post I very overtly and decisively drew the connection from Bay of Pigs straight through the Kennedy assassination to Watergate, and I invite your attention to that post in a topic I started: Nixon, Cushman, Hunt and the Bay of Pigs

Then I would be absolutely enthralled to hear from you what Nixon "really meant" when he mouthed the words "Bay of Pigs," and to learn your sources and foundation (hoping dearly that it eschews tea leaves, telepathy, or embarrassing references to "body language").

...and that Nixon had no hand in JFK's death. (I hope I'm not misrepresenting his opinions.)

The administrators thoughtfully have provided a search function and quoting capabilities. The use of them in tandem will completely obviate the possibility of such misrepresentation. Perhaps you would be kind enough to use them and quote what you're referring to in some semblance of context.

so far I'm leaning in the opposite from Ashton direction.

Well, now, I sure never said a cigar is just a cigar. Monica Lewinsky settled that question once and for all.

Pleasure to make your acquaintance.

Ashton

Edited by Ashton Gray

]

Thank you Dawn. I've just started reading Oglesby's stuff now that you kicked it to the surface. I was only looking in the Seminar section.

What's "SDS"?

Myra:

SDS stands for Students for a Democratic Society. Carl was its first national president. It was the student anti Viet Nam group. When they turned violent and became the Weathermen Carl, to his everlasting credit, left.

Dawn

]

What's "SDS"?

Myra:

SDS stands for Students for a Democratic Society. Carl was its first national president. It was the student anti Viet Nam group. When they turned violent and became the Weathermen Carl, to his everlasting credit, left.

Dawn

Thanks very much Dawn. Wonder if the SDS was Operation CHAOSed. Wasn't that Johnson's baby? Friggen thug.

Hello, Ms. Bronstein.
Re: Ashton Gray's posts, I've read quite a few. And I'm not very knowledgable about Watergate, tho' I want to remedy that, in particular how it relates to President Kennedy's murder. And from what little I do know I believe they were closely related.

Careful, now; I fear you may be drifting somewhat toward the Ashton direction. Better furl the jib and trim the sheets. :box

So I'm surprised to see him say that the Bay of Pigs was just the Bay of Pigs (and a cigar is just a cigar) in Nixon-speak...

Oh, dear me. I'm a bit surprised myself to see you have "read quite a few" of my posts, then have elected to make an issue of a mere opinion I expressed concerning a very smoky opinion issued by H.R. Haldeman years after the fact—and have done so to the complete exclusion of a mini-encyclopedia of exhaustively researched solid and incontrovertible facts that I have posted.

With all due respect, from where I sit this is somewhat on the order of razing the cornfield to find a weed.

Glad to hear that...Mr. Gray. I will read more of your writings on the subject of Watergate. It's critical to establish what that was all about in order to turn on the light for 'Merkans in general.

Now that you've found one, though, I'm happy to pull at it with you. I'd be very entertained to hear not only the foundation, but the relevance—to you—for divining what Nixon meant when he said "the whole Bay of Pigs thing."

And I'll even start the pulling: I for one think "the whole Bay of Pigs thing" goes much, much deeper than thee or we currently know, and by "Bay of Pigs," I mean as the Bay of Pigs, of the Bay of Pigs, and for the Bay of Pigs. Amen. And I have very solid foundation, indeed, for not just believing, but knowing damned well, that Nixon was dead center in the initial planning of the Bay of Pigs—literally. In fact, where I've discussed this before, I've documented that fact, including Nixon's liaison with the CIA factions who engineered that infamous international fiasco—a few things you omitted in your maize-razing and weed-pulling.

In the same post I very overtly and decisively drew the connection from Bay of Pigs straight through the Kennedy assassination to Watergate, and I invite your attention to that post in a topic I started: Nixon, Cushman, Hunt and the Bay of Pigs

Thanks for the URL; I'll read it much more thoroughly.

Then I would be absolutely enthralled to hear from you what Nixon "really meant" when he mouthed the words "Bay of Pigs," and to learn your sources and foundation (hoping dearly that it eschews tea leaves, telepathy, or embarrassing references to "body language").
...and that Nixon had no hand in JFK's death. (I hope I'm not misrepresenting his opinions.)

The administrators thoughtfully have provided a search function and quoting capabilities. The use of them in tandem will completely obviate the possibility of such misrepresentation. Perhaps you would be kind enough to use them and quote what you're referring to in some semblance of context.

so far I'm leaning in the opposite from Ashton direction.

Well, now, I sure never said a cigar is just a cigar. Monica Lewinsky settled that question once and for all.

Pleasure to make your acquaintance.

Likewise fer sure.

I'm much less flowery in my prose. :P Hope that's not offputting for an articulate gentleman such as yourself.

Ashton

]

What's "SDS"?

Myra:

Dawn

Thanks very much Dawn. Wonder if the SDS was Operation CHAOSed. Wasn't that Johnson's baby? Friggen thug.

Ya they were definately inflitrated, in fact Carl believes that the violence was a result of this infiltration. Works all the time. The scum.

BTW, I checked on the seminars page and Tim Carroll's paper is still there. You just have to page thru to get it. I advanced it for you a couple of days ago.

Dawn

]

What's "SDS"?

Myra:

Dawn

Ya they were definately inflitrated, in fact Carl believes that the violence was a result of this infiltration. Works all the time. The scum.

BTW, I checked on the seminars page and Tim Carroll's paper is still there. You just have to page thru to get it. I advanced it for you a couple of days ago.

Dawn

I saw the Carroll material you kicked up Dawn, thank you.

Hey, interesting that you mention SDS. I just read this:

"The voices the Kennedys symbolized are now squelched. Collier and Horowitz are intent on never letting the ghost of the sixties reappear. The poor, the weak, minorities, and the left’s intelligentsia must not be unsheathed again. (As Todd Gitlin notes in his book The Sixties, on occasion, the Kennedy administration actually had SDS members in the White House to discuss foreign policy issues.)"

http://www.copi.com/articles/probe/pr1197_jfk.html

Amazing. We could have had great leaders. 'Cept the CIA didn't want us to.

I will read more of your writings on the subject of Watergate.

If I may recommend a starting point, it would be these two posts:

The "Pentagon Papers" leak was a CIA op

And:

There was no "first break-in" at the Watergate

The second article contains links to five other related articles that I believe are crucial to an understanding of Watergate. As told there, it decidedly is not, though, a Robert Redford-Dustin Hoffman vehicle.

It's critical to establish what that was all about in order to turn on the light for 'Merkans in general.

Yes, ma'am. The ones you can get out from in front of "Survivor."

Ashton

Edited by Ashton Gray

]

What's "SDS"?

Myra:

Dawn

Dawn

"The voices the Kennedys symbolized are now squelched. Collier and Horowitz are intent on never letting the ghost of the sixties reappear. The poor, the weak, minorities, and the left’s intelligentsia must not be unsheathed again. (As Todd Gitlin notes in his book The Sixties, on occasion, the Kennedy administration actually had SDS members in the White House to discuss foreign policy issues.)"

Myra:

I would not read anything by Collier and Horowitz. They are just pigs in my opinion. They did a book on the young Kennedy's in 1984 that was partially serialized in Playboy. They did a total number on Robert Kennedy's young son David. Horrible. He ended up dead in a hotal room in Miami on 4/25/84. Drug overdose, but I balme them. I stopped reading Playboy as a result.

No, the CIA never wanted anything good for this country. Crack dealers- (and worse)- that they are. Pond scum.

"Only in America"

Dawn

I will read more of your writings on the subject of Watergate.

If I may recommend a starting point, it would be these two posts:

The "Pentagon Papers" leak was a CIA op

And:

There was no "first break-in" at the Watergate

The second article contains links to five other related articles that I believe are crucial to an understanding of Watergate. As told there, it decidedly is not, though, a Robert Redford-Dustin Hoffman vehicle.

It's critical to establish what that was all about in order to turn on the light for 'Merkans in general.

Yes, ma'am. The ones you can get out from in front of "Survivor."

Ashton

Oh yeah. Here I am wondering about Ellsberg and all his contradictions, sorta like Hersh..., and he's the first thing you mention in the first link. Yeah, there were warning bells with him. Interesting too how outspoken he is nowdays. I saw him at the same event I saw Hersh at, and it seemed like Ellsberg was almost boasting about being on Nixon's "enemy list" and being targeted for "liquidation" and so on. I guess he thinks it gives him street cred. Well, I'm sorta curious about his current intentions, given that he does seem to be speaking some truth about the US plans for Iran (or is he?). Not that it can erase the fact that he's a mouthpiece.

On the upside, maybe that means I don't have to suffer thru a reading of the pentagon papers.

I'm reading thru the Watergate stuff now. Hugely helpful. Thanks for posting both links. I've only read a little, but it's sure looking like the CIA just decided to get rid of Nixon and set him up. If that's true I'm not sure why, tho' I've read some buzz about them not liking his financial policies or something. Well, maybe I'll find out. Gotta know the "why" or things don't click.

Hm, I wonder if the Hunt blackmail of Nixon was for real. And did the CIA really turn on Hunt. They killed his wife, unless the Hunts really were getting a divorce and Hunt was happy to be rid of her. At least Watergate is sorta satisfying to research 'cause, for once, it's an asshole that's the victim. Then again another asshole became prez in his place.

]

What's "SDS"?

Myra:

Dawn

Dawn

Myra:

I would not read anything by Collier and Horowitz. They are just pigs in my opinion. They did a book on the young Kennedy's in 1984 that was partially serialized in Playboy. They did a total number on Robert Kennedy's young son David. Horrible. He ended up dead in a hotal room in Miami on 4/25/84. Drug overdose, but I balme them. I stopped reading Playboy as a result.

No, the CIA never wanted anything good for this country. Crack dealers- (and worse)- that they are. Pond scum.

"Only in America"

Dawn

Well you and James DiEugenio seem to be in agreement Dawn. He named them in his article as an example of propagandists.

So they went after a young guy with problems who's father they murdered. Figures. CIA goons must be the most cowardly lowlifes ever. Thanks Mr. Truman for conjuring the CIA. Yup, thanks.