The Education Forum

Hunt and Sturgis

Kathleen Collins

I am trying to find out who saw E. Howard Hunt and Frank Sturgis at Chappaquiddick.

I heard a weird story once, and I'm trying to learn if anyone else ever did: Did Frank Sturgis kill his parents and chop them up? Somebody told me this and I'm trying to find out about it.

My thoughts are with Ted.

Kathy Collins

• 2 weeks later...

I looked into one of the tramps having killed his own parents. I found a mention of it at:

www.assassinationscience.com/Verb.html

It's believed that Charles Rogers was wanted in Austin, TX for killing his parents. He is also being called "Frenchy," the first tramp, over which some people disagree.

Kathy C

• 3 years later...

I am trying to find out who saw E. Howard Hunt and Frank Sturgis at Chappaquiddick.

I heard a weird story once, and I'm trying to learn if anyone else ever did: Did Frank Sturgis kill his parents and chop them up? Somebody told me this and I'm trying to find out about it.

My thoughts are with Ted.

Kathy Collins

This may be where that came from:

"[At the Watergate hearings] E. Howard Hunt told of a strange trip to Hyannisport to see a local citizen there about the Chappaquiddick incident. Hunt's cover story on this trip was that he was digging up dirt on Ted Kennedy for use in the 1972 campaign. The story does not make much sense if one questions why Hunt would have to wear a disguise, including his famous red wig, and to use a voice-alteration device to make himself sound like someone else. If, on the other hand, Hunt's purpose was to return to the scene of his crime just to make sure that no one who might have seen his group at the bridge or elsewhere would talk, then the disguise and the voice box make sense.

"The other important testimony came from [White House spy] Tony Ulasewicz who said he was ordered by the Plumbers to fly immediately to Chappaquiddick and dig up dirt on Ted. The only problem Tony has is that, according to his testimony, he arrived early on the morning of the "accident", before the whole incident had been made public."

--from The Taking of America 1-2-3 by Richard Sprague

via http://dailysally.blogspot.com/2006/01/my-ted-kennedy-chappaquiddick-story.html (EDIT: That is an unfortunate, albeit humorous, URL abbreviation!)

According to Wikipedia, this is apparently also mentioned in an article by Marjorie Hunter, "Colson Confirms Backing Kennedy Inquiry but Denies Knowing of Hunt's CIA Aid," New York Times (June 30, 1973), p. 15. and The Ends of Power, by H. R. Haldeman. I have neither of those in front of me, so I cannot confirm this.

Interesting but what is the source for the claim Hunt wore “his famous red wig, and [used] a voice-alteration device to make himself sound like someone else”? Did this actually come his own testimony or somewhere?

• 3 weeks later...