The Education Forum

Here are some good JFK assassination books to read

Guest Robert Morrow

Guest Robert Morrow

Also, note that fabulous book by Gerald Ford is title "Portrait of THE Assassin", not Portrait of AN Assassin. Ford wanted to make very clear that the patsy Oswald was THE assassin, not just any assassin but THE assassin.

Gerald Ford was ALSO the FBI's informer on the Warren Commission and ALSO the man Newsweek called "the CIA's man in Congress" in 1970. So think of him as a blending of the most corrupt aspects of CIA and FBI.

http://www.amazon.com/Portrait-Assassin-1ST-FordGeraldR/dp/B000YBBQHQ/ref=sr_1_5?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1280462101&sr=1-5

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Robert Morrow

2 important points: 1)the close friendship and alliance of Lyndon Johnson and Nelson Rockefeller has been MUCH under reported and 2) John Kennedy was an enemy of the Rockefellers and not plugged in to the Rockefeller power base of NY Times, Council on Foreign Relations, etc.

The book Thy Will be Done: the Conquest of the Amazon: Nelson Rockefeller and Evangelism in the Age of Oil is about Nelson Rockefeller. It talks about how CLOSE Lyndon Johnson and Nelson Rockefeller were. In spring of 1968, after LBJ withdrew, he was actually trying to talk Nelson Rockefeller into running for president! (p. 588). Then in Johnson's retirement, Nelson and Happy Rockefeller often visited LBJ on his ranch in Texas (p. 711). Lyndon Johnson and Nelson Rockefeller were close personal friends.

Almost all the key players under Lyndon Johnson were Council on Foreign Relations, a tool of the Rockefeller family. http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0310/34945.html Lyndon Johnson’s so-called “wise men” on Vietnam: “Present at the White House meeting were Dean Acheson, George Ball, McGeorge Bundy, Clark Clifford, Arthur Dean, Douglas Dillon, Supreme Court Justice Abe Fortas, Averell Harriman, Henry Cabot Lodge Jr., Robert Murphy, Cyrus Vance and Gens. Omar Bradley, Matthew Ridgway and Maxwell Taylor”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0310/34945.html#ixzz0tIjaNCiz

NOW LOOK AT WHAT JOHN KENNEDY WAS NOT - tied into the Rockefellers, he was a RIVAL to Nelson Rockefeller ... Very key quote below by Schlesinger. In particular note how much the NY Times and CFR have lied about and covered up the Kennedy assassination for 50 years. Henry Kissinger was Nelson Rockefeller’s closest foreign policy aide for many years.

Arthur M. Schlesinger, Jr., in his book on the Kennedy presidency, A Thousand Days, wrote that Kennedy was not part of what he called the "New York establishment":

"In particular, he was little acquainted with the New York financial and legal community-- that arsenal of talent which had so long furnished a steady supply of always orthodox and often able people to Democratic as well as Republican administrations. This community was the heart of the American Establishment. Its household deities were Henry Stimson and Elihu Root; its present leaders, Robert Lovett and John J. McCloy; its front organizations, the Rockefeller, Ford and Carnegie foundations and the Council on Foreign Relations; its organs, the New York Times and Foreign Affairs."[14]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Council_on_Foreign_Relations

Now read this link about Lyndon Johnson, Birch Bayh putting in the 25th Amendment specifically for NELSON ROCKEFELLER! http://www.reformation.org/rockefeller-for-president.html

Here is the list of my 10 favorite books on the Kennedy assassination:

1. Dale Myers, With malice : Lee Harvey Oswald and the murder of Officer J.D. Tippit, Oak Cliff Press, 1998

2. Gerald Posner, Case closed, Anchor Books, Doubleday, 1993

3. Jim Moore, Conspiracy of one, The Summit group, 1992

4. Vincent Bugliosi, Reclaiming history, Norton, 2007

5. Larry Sturdivan, JFK myths : a scientific investgation of the Kennedy assassination, Paragon House, 2005

6. Larry Sneed, No more silence, University of North Texas Press, 1998

7. Mel Ayton, The JFK assassination – dispelling the myths, Woodfield Publishing, 2002

8. Hugh Aynesworth, JFK : breaking the news, International Focus press, 2003

9. David W. Belin, Final disclosure, Charles Scribner’s Sons, 1988

10. Cathy Trost & Susan Bennett, President Kennedy has been shot, Newseum, 2003

Actually, to me Dale Myers's book is the best, but I'm not sure about which order I should sort the nine others out.

I do think that by reading those 10 books one can reach the proper conclusion, get rid of farfetched theories, and safely and seriously claim to know exactly what happened in Dealey Plaza.

Anyway, I have a question for James DiEugenio. You have included the book "Reasonable Doubt" by Henry Hurt, in your list. Then, let me ask, what do you think of the chapter titled "The Confession of Robert Easterling" ? Do you believe his story ? Just a question.

/F.C./

Is there anywhere Sister Ratched to take care of Francois?

Seriously Francois: Can you tell me what your goal is? Here? Are you a kind kind of Incarnation of Earl Warren? I fear I start to believe in transmigration...to me your are an eerie dude...

KK

Edited by Karl Kinaski

So you’re claiming that the FBI called Tomlinson and told him not to tell anyone that the bullet he and Wright found is not the bullet that the FBI had in evidence?

Is that what you are saying, because that is what you wrote.

No I don't accept the Easterling chapter in Hurt's book. But that is one chapter. And that is the book I would probably replace with the Douglass book if I rewrote the list today.

But I also don't accept the entire 886 pages of the Warren Report.

Which is what every book on your list upholds.

And as you can see elsewhere, I have spent nine chapters taking apart piece by piece another book on your list: Reclaiming History.

You never replied, understandably, to my listing of the four magic bullets VB lists. Let us recount them:

1. The Walker Bullet which Walker says is not the bullet in evidence.

2. The Tague strike which Bugliosi says glided along the street, rotating and precisely shearing off the copper jacket. Then it hits the curb and had the kinetic energy to displace part of the curb and strike Tague going upwards.

3. CE 399, which is not the same bullet Wright and Tomlinson found at Parkland. And the FBI called Tomlinson and told him to shut up about that fact that night.

4. Bugliosi goes with the FIsher Panel so he says that the fatal bullet split in three parts. The head and tail were found in the car, the middle was stuck in the rear of Kennedy's head. Therefore the base magically levitated over the middle and proceeded through the skull with the head of the bullet in front.

So, you have two bullets which seem to have been gyroscopically guided by radar (2 and 4), and two bullets which changed shape and form on their way to the Commission. In other words, each bullet fired by Oswald from that rifle was a piece of magic in and of itself. Yet he did it four times.

GIve it up Francois! Tell McAdams or DVP to send someone else over. Between this and the bullets which were not even manufactured by the right company, which Gary Mack tried to pass off as Oswald's, haven't you had enough?

My list of best JFK assassination books includes:

"Reclaiming History" by Vincent T. Bugliosi (2007)

"Oswald's Game" by Jean Davison (1983)

"With Malice" by Dale K. Myers (1998)

"Kennedy And Lincoln" by Dr. John K. Lattimer (1980)

"November 22, 1963: You Are The Jury" by David W. Belin (1973)

"The JFK Myths" by Larry M. Sturdivan (2005)

"Pictures Of The Pain" by Richard B. Trask (1994)

"That Day In Dallas" by Richard B. Trask (1998)

"The Death Of A President" by William Manchester (1967)

"Case Closed" by Gerald Posner (1993)

"National Nightmare On Six Feet Of Film" by Richard B. Trask (2005)

"The Warren Commission Report" (1964)

"The Day Kennedy Was Shot" by Jim Bishop (1968)

"Conspiracy Of One" by Jim Moore (1990)

"The Memories: JFK: 1961-1963" by Cecil Stoughton, Chester V. Clifton, and Hugh Sidey (1973) -- This book isn't really a book about the assassination, but I put it on my "favorites" list anyway.

"The Killing Of A President" by Robert J. Groden (1993) -- This book is recommended only for the great pictures it contains. I certainly wouldn't recommend it for anything else, particularly the outlandish theories presented in the book, which include Mr. Groden's shot-by-shot shooting scenario, where Groden says it's very likely that ZERO shots (out of up to TEN!) came from the "Oswald" window on the sixth floor of the TSBD, even though Groden thinks Oswald was being framed and set up as the proverbial "patsy" from the sixth-floor window that Groden thinks it's likely nobody was firing from. (See Pages 20 through 40 of TKOAP for additional robust laughs.)

Edited by David Von Pein

Bob:

I hate to tell you but number 36 by exposed forger Gregory Douglas is a hoax that was exposed a long time ago.

Here is my all time top ten:

The Top Ten JFK Assassination Books

By James DiEugenio

Rush to Judgment, by Mark Lane (1966)

Accessories After the Fact, by Sylvia Meagher (1967)

Presumed Guilty, by Howard Roffman (1975)

Conspiracy, by Anthony Summers (1981)

Reasonable Doubt, by Henry Hurt (1985)

Spy Saga, by Philip Melanson (1990)

The Last Investigation, by Gaeton Fonzi (1993)

Let Justice Be Done, by Bill Davy (1999)

The Assassinations, Jim DiEugenio and Lisa Pease, Eds. (2003)

Breach of Trust, by Gerald McKnight (2005)

Jim: I told Robert that when he first posted his list on facebook. I am suprised that JFKU is not on this list.

Dawn

Wlhile Soerensens Kennedy treats the assassination as a footnote, for background : a number of issues throughout Kennedys career are dealt with often presenting a lesser known Kennedy.

I think it's an important companion.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Robert Morrow

Hey, folks, I have UPDATED my list on the best books to read on the JFK assassination. I have ranked them in order with a focus to the Lyndon Johnson and CIA angles to the JFK assassination. I do think the LBJ and the CIA made a dirty deal to murder John Kennedy for many reasons both personal and ideological. What are YOUR favorite books to read and recommend on the JFK assassination? I love hearing those picks because I learn a lot from them. Any book in my top 50 is probably a very valuable book.

Robert Morrow Austin, TX 512-306-1510 Morrow321@aol.com

1 LBJ: The Mastermind of JFK's Assassination Phillip F. Nelson 2010 Xlibris

2 Blood, Money & Power: How L.B.J Killed J.F.K. Barr McClellan 2004 Hannover House

3 Texas in the Morning: The Love Story of Madeleine Brown and President Lyndon Baines Johnson Madeleine Brown 1997 Conservatory Press

4 Billie Sol Estes a Texas Legend Billie Sol Estes 2004 BS Productions

5 Defrauding America: Encyclopedia of Secret Operations by the CIA, DEA and Other Covert Agencies Rodney Stich 2001 Diablo Western Press

6 The Men Who Killed Kennedy - the Guilty Men DVD Nigel Turner 2002 A & E Home Studio

7 The Dark Side of Lyndon Baines Johnson Joachim Joesten 1968 Peter Dawnay

8 How Kennedy was Killed: The Full Appalling Story Joachim Joesten 1968 Tandem-Dawnay

9 The Men on the Sixth Floor Glen Sample & Mark Collum 2008 Sample Graphics

10 A Texan Looks at Lyndon: A Study in Illegitimate Power J. Evetts Haley 1964 Palo Duro Press

11 The Texas Connection Craig Zirbel 1991 Warner Books

12 Who Shot JFK? Robin Ramsay 2009 Pocket Essentials

13 Me & Lee: How I Came to Know, Love and Lose Lee Harvey Oswald Judyth Vary Baker & Edward Haslam 2010 Trine Day

14 Lee Harvey Oswald: The True Story of the Accused Assassin of President John F. Kennedy, by His Lover Judyth Vary Baker 2006 Trafford Publishing

15 Family of Secrets: The Bush Dynasty, the Powerful Forces That Put It in the White House, and What Their Influence Means for America Russ Baker 2008 Bloomsbury Press

16 The Immaculate Deception: The Bush Crime Family Exposed Russell S. Bowen 1991 America West Publishers

17 Barry & 'the Boys': The CIA, the Mob and America's Secret History Daniel Hopsicker 2006 Trine Day

18 JFK and the Unspeakable: Why He Died and Why It Matters James Douglass 2008 Orbis Books

19 First Hand Knowledge: How I Participated in the CIA-Mafia Murder of President Kennedy Robert D. Morrow 1992 SPI Books

20 Betrayal: a reconstruction of certain clandestine events from the Bay of Pigs to the assassination of John F. Kennedy Robert D. Morrow 1976 Henry Regnery Co.

21 To Kill a President: Finally an Ex-FBI Agent rips aside the Veil of Secrecy that killed JFK M. Wesley Smearingen 2008 BookSurge Publishing

22 JFK - Director's Cut - 2 Disc Special Edition (1991) Oliver Stone 2003 Warner Home Video

23 Oswald and the CIA John Newman 1995 Carroll & Graf

24 Bloody Treason: On Solving History's Greatest Murder Mystery: The Assassination of John F. Kennedy Noel H. Twyman 1997 Laurel Pub

25 The Last Investigation Gaeton Fonzi 1993 The Mary Ferrell Foundation

26 Brothers: The Hidden History of the Kennedy Years David Talbot 2008 Free Press

27 The Man Who Knew Too Much: Hired to Kill Oswald and Prevent the Assassination of JFK Dick Russell 1992 Carroll & Graf

28 Someone Would Have Talked Larry Hancock 2006 JFK Lancer Productions and @ Publications

29 Plausible Denial: Was the CIA Involved in the Assassination of JFK Mark Lane 1992 Thunder's Mouth Press

30 The Tatum Chronicles (Google Chip Tatum Pegasus for free on internet) D. G. "Chip Tatum" 1996 self-published

31 History Will Not Absolve Us: Orwellian Control, Public Denial, & the Murder of President Kennedy Martin Schotz 1996 Kurtz, Ulmer & Delucia

32 Farewell America: The Plot to Kill JFK James Hepburn and William Turner 1968 Penmarin Books

33 Edward Lansdale's Cold War Jonathan Nashel 2005 University of Massachusetts Press

34 Conspiracy: Who Killed President Kennedy? Anthony Summers 1980 Fontana

35 Not in Your Lifetime Anthony Summers 1998 Marlowe & Co.

36 Crossfire: The Plot That Killed Kennedy Jim Marrs 1993 Basic Books

37 Spy Saga: Lee Harvey Oswald and U.S. Intelligence Philip H. Melanson 1990 Praeger Publishers

38 The Secret Team: The CIA and its Allies in Control of the United States and the World Fletcher Prouty 1974 Ballantine Books

39 The Radical Right and the Murder of John F. Kennedy: Stunning Evidence in the Assassination of the President Harrison Livingstone 2006 Trafford Publishing

40 Who Killed JFK? Carl Oglesby 2002 Odonian Press

41 The Yankee and Cowboy War: Conspiracies from Dallas to Watergate Carl Oglesby 1976 Sheed Andrews and McMeel

42 The JFK Assassination: The Facts and the Theories Carl Oglesby 1992 Signet

43 JFK: The Cuba Files: The Untold Story of the Plot to Kill Kennedy (Secret War) Fabian Escalante 2006 Ocean Press

44 The Conspirators: Secrets of an Iran-Contra Insider Al Martin 2002 National Liberty Press

45 Lyndon B. Johnson: A Memoir George Reedy 1982 Andrews and McMeel

46 JFK Conspiracy of Silence Charles Crenshaw 1992 Penguin Books

47 Trauma Room One: The JFK Medical Coverup Exposed Charles Crenshaw 2001 Paraview Press

48 The Grassy Knoll Witnesses: Who Shot JFK? Harry A. Yardum 2009 AuthorHouse

49 Power Beyond Reason: The Mental Collapse of Lyndon Johnson D. Jablow Hershman 2002 Barricade Books

50 Flight from Dallas: New Evidence of CIA Involvement in the Murder of John F. Kennedy James Johnston and Jon Roe 2006 Trafford Publishing

51 JFK: The CIA, Vietnam and the Plot to Assassinate John F. Kennedy Fletcher Prouty 2003 Citadel

52 The Elite Serial Killers of Lincoln, JFK, RFK & MLK Robert Gaylon Ross, Sr. 2001 RIE

53 Our Man in Mexico: Winston Scott and the Hidden History of the CIA Jefferson Morley and Michael Scott 2008 University Press of Kansas

54 The Murder of JFK: A Revisionist History (2006) Matthew White 2006 Mpi Home Video

55 A Farewell to Justice: Jim Garrison, JFK's Assassination, and the Case that Should have Changed History Joan Mellon 2007 Potomac Books

56 A Certain Arrogance: U.S. Intelligence's Manipulation of Religious Groups and Individuals in Two World Wars and the Cold War -- and the Sacrificing of Lee Harvey Oswald George Michael Evica 2006 Xlibris Corporation

57 Destiny Betrayed: JFK, Cuba, and the Garrison Case James DiEugenio 1992 Sheridan Square Press

58 Dr. Mary's Monkey Edward Haslam 2007 Trine Day

59 Rush to Judgement Mark Lane 1966 Holt Rinehart & Winston

60 JFK - The Book of the Film Oliver Stone and Zachary Sklar 1992 Applause Books

61 Why the JFK Assassination Still Matters Richard Buyer 2009 Wheatmark

62 Thy Will Be Done: The Conquest of The Amazon: Nelson Rockefeller and Evangelism in the Age of Oil Gerard Colby & Charlotte Dennett 1995 Harper Collins

63 The Dark Side of Camelot Seymour Hersh 1997 Little, Brown and Company

64 Treachery in Dallas Walt Brown 1995 Carroll & Graf

65 Harvey & Lee: How the CIA Framed Oswald John Armstrong 2003 Quasar, Ltd.

66 The JFK Assassination Timeline Chart Bruce Campbell Adamson 1996 Bruce Campbell Adamson Books

67 Oswald's Closest Friend: The George De Mohrenschildt Story (10 Volume Set) Bruce Campbell Adamson 1996 Bruce Campbell Adamson Books

68 The Kennedy Conspiracy: An Uncommissioned Report on the Jim Garrison Investigation Paris Flammonde 1969 Meredith Press

69 Assassination of America: The Kennedy Coups d'Etat Paris Flammonde 2006 self-published

70 Oswald: Assassin or Fall Guy? Joachim Joesten 1964 Marzani & Munsell

71 Marina Oswald Joachim Joesten 1967 Dawnay

72 Oswald: The Truth Joachim Joesten 1967 Dawnay

73 The Garrison Enquiry: Truth & Consequences Joachim Joesten 1967 Dawnay

74 Jim Garrison: JFK Assassination VHS tape Jim Garrison 1992 Steve Jaffe

75 A Heritage of Stone Jim Garrison 1975 Berkeley Publishing Group

76 Files on JFK: Interviews with Confessed Assassin James Files Wim Dankbaar 2005 Trafford Publishing

77 The Killing of a President: The Complete Photographic Record of the Assassination, the Conspiracy Robert Groden 1994 Studio

78 The Search for Lee Harvey Oswald: A Comprehensive Photographic Record Robert Groden 1995 Studio

79 The Kennedy Assassination Cover Up - Revisited Donald Gibson 2005 Novinka Books

80 Breach of Trust: How the Warren Commission Failed the Nation and Why Gerald D. McKnight 2005 University Press of Kansas

81 Hear No Evil: Social Constructivism and the Forensic Evidence in the Kennedy Assassination Donald Byron Thomas 2010 Mary Ferrell Foundation

82 Killing the Truth Harrison Livingstone 1993 Carroll & Graf

83 High Treason 2 Harrison Livingstone 1993 Basic Books

84 Cold Warrior: James Jesus Angleton: The CIA's Master Spy Hunter Tom Mangold 1991 Simon and Schuster

85 JFK vs. CIA: The Central Intelligence Agency's Assassination of the President Michael Calder 1991 West Los Angeles Pub

86 Coup D'Etat in America: the CIA and the Assassination of John F. Kennedy Alan J. Weberman & Michael Canfield 1965 The Third Press

87 Inside the Assassination Records Review Board: The U.S. Government's Final Attempt to Reconcile the Conflicting Medical Evidence in the Assassination of JFK, Volumes 1-5 Douglas P. Horne 2009 Douglas P. Horne

88 The Scrapbook Lecture: … a collection of suspects Gary B. Haley 2009 BookSurge Publishing

89 On the Trail of the JFK Assassins: A Groundbreaking Look at America's Most Infamous Conspiracy Dick Russell 2008 Skyhorse Publishing

90 Cuba on My Mind: The Secret Lives of Watergate Burglar Frank Sturgis Jim Hunt and Bob Risch 2009 Xlibris

91 Accessories After the Fact Sylvia Meagher 1992 Vintage

92 Murder in Dealey Plaza: What We Know Now that we Didn't Know Then James H. Fetzer 2000 Open Court

93 Six Seconds in Dallas Josiah Thompson 1967 Bernard Geis

94 JFK: The Last Dissenting Witness Jean Hill 2008 Pelican Publishing

95 Truth Withheld: A Survivor's Story - Why We Will Never Know the Truth about the JFK Assassination James Tague 2003 Excel Digital Press

96 The Echo from Dealey Plaza Abraham Bolden 2008 Harmony

97 When They Kill a President Roger Craig 1971 self-published

98 Nightmare in Dallas: The Babushka Lady Beverly Oliver 1994 Starburst Publishers

99 No More Silence: An Oral History of the Assassination of Predisent Kennedy Larry Sneed 2002 Univ. of North Texas Press

100 Survivor's Guilt; The Secret Service & The Failure To Protect The President Vince Palamara 1990's self-published

101 High Treason: The Assassination of JFK & the Case for Conspiracy Harrison Livingstone & Robert Groden 1998 Carroll & Graf

102 On the Trail of the Assassins Jim Garrison 1991 Warner Books

103 ILLUSION AND DENIAL in the John F. Kennedy Assassination Noel H. Twyman 2000 Laurel Mystery Books/Kindle

104 False Mystery: Essays on the Assassination of JFK Vincent Salandria 2004 Square Deal Press

105 In the Eye of the Storm: Castro, Khrushchev, Kennedy and the Missile Crisis Carlos Lechuga Hevia 1995 Ocean Press

106 Beyond the Fence Line: the Eyewitness Account of Ed Hoffman and the Murder of President John F. Kennedy Casey Quinlan & Brian Edwards 2008 JFK Lancer Productions and @ Publications

107 Who's Who in the JFK Assassination: An A to Z Encyclopedia Michael Benson 2003 Citadel

108 Deep Politics and the Death of JFK Peter Dale Scott 1996 Univ. of California Press

109 ZR Rifle: The Plot to Kill Kennedy and Castro Claudia Furiati and Maxine Shaw 1994 Ocean Press

110 Alek James Hiddell, Alias Oswald: Who Died in an Heroic Attempt to Save Presidents Life W.R. Cutler, R. B. Morris 1984 Ramparts Pr

111 JFK and Sam: The Connection Between the Giancana and Kennedy Assassinations Antoinett Giancana & John Hughes 2005 Cumberland Publishing House

112 Double Cross: The Explosive, Inside Story of the Mobster Who Controlled America Chuck Giancana & Sam Giancana 2010 Skyhorse Publishing

113 The Trafficantes, Godfathers from Tampa, Florida: The Mafia, the CIA and the JFK Assassination Ron Chepesiuk 2010 Strategic Media Books

114 The Tangled Web: The Life and Death of Richard Cain - Chicago Cop and Mafia Hitman Michael J. Cain 2009 Skyhorse Publishing

115 Bound by Honor: A Mafioso's Story Bill Bonanno 2000 St. Martin's Paperbacks

116 Kennedy Contract: The Mafia Plot to Assassinate the President John H. Davis 1993 Harper Collins

117 Presumed Guilty Howard Roffman 1976 A. S. Barnes

118 JFK: The Second Plot Matthew Smith 2002 Mainstream Publishing

119 JFK: The Case for Conspiracy F. Peter Groden, Robert J. Model 1977 Manor

120 JFK: Ordeal in Africa Richard D. Mahoney 1983 Oxford University Press

121 The Assassinations: Probe Magazine on JFK, MLK, RFK and Malcolm X James DiEugenio and Lisa Pease 2003 Feral House

122 Reasonable Doubt: An Investigation into the Assassination of John F. Kennedy Henry Hurt 1987 Owl Book

123 Yes, Americans, a conspiracy murdered JFK!: A non-fiction book with affidavits, charts, photographs, and testimony Stanley J. Marks 1992 Bureau of International Affairs

124 Let Justice Be Done William Davy 1999 Jordan Pub

125 The Senator Must Die Robert D. Morrow 1988 Roundtable Publishing

126 American Conspiracies: Lies, Lies and More Dirty Lies the Government Tells Us Jesse Ventura and Dick Russell 2010 Skyhorse Publishing

127 Battling Wall Street: The Kennedy Presidency Donald Gibson 1994 Sheridan Square Press

128 The Kennedy Assassination Cover Up Donald Gibson 1999 Kroshka Books

129 Act of Treason: The Role of J. Edgar Hoover in the Assassination of President Kennedy Mark North 1992 Carroll & Graf

130 JFK: The Second Plot Matthew Smith 2002 Mainstream Publishing

131 JFK & Jackie (Unseen Archives) Tim Hill 2003 Parragon Publishing

132 Mafia Kingfish: Carlos Marcello and the Assassination of John F. Kennedy John H. Davis 1989 Signet

133 All American Mafioso: The Johnny Rosselli Story Charles Rappleye and Ed Becker 1995 Barricade Books

134 A Deeper, Darker Truth Donald T. Phillips 2009 DTP

135 In the Eye of History: Disclosures in the JFK Assassination Medical Evidence William Matson Law 2004 JFK Lancer Productions and @ Publications

136 Whitewash: The Report on the Warren Report Harold Weisberg 1965 Mary Ferrell Foundation

137 Whitewash II - The Secret Service Cover Up Harold Weisberg 2007 Mary Ferrell Foundation

138 Whitewash III Harold Weisberg 0 0

139 Whitewash IV: Top Secret John F. Kennedy Assassination Transcript Harold Weisberg 1972 self-published

140 Oswald in New Orleans Harold Weisberg 2007 Mary Ferrell Foundation

141 Photographic White Wash: Suppressed Kennedy Assassination Pictures Harold Weisberg 2007 Mary Ferrell Foundation

142 Never Again!: The Government Conspiracy in the JFK Assassination Harold Weisberg 1995 Carroll & Graf

143 Case Open: The Omissions, Distortions, and Falsifications of Case Closed Harold Weisberg 1994 Carroll & Graf

144 War is a Racket: the Antiwar Classic by America's Most Decorated Soldier Smedley D. Butler 2003 Feral House

145 Post Mortem: JFK Assassination Cover-Up Smashed! Harold Weisberg 2007 Mary Ferrell Foundation

146 The Craft of Intelligence: America's Legendary Spy Master on the Fundamentals of Intelligence Gathering for a Free World Allen Dulles Lyons Press

147 Kill Zone: A Sniper Looks at Dealey Plaza Craig Roberts 1994 Consolidated Press International

148 Final Judgement: The Missing Link in the JFK Assassination Michael Collins Piper 1998 The Center for Historical Review

149 The Kennedy Detail: JFK's Secret Service Agents Break Their Silence Gerald Blaine and Lisa McCubbin 2010 Gallery

150 Total Cold War: Eisenhower's Secret Propaganda Battle at Home and Abroad Kenneth Osgood 2008 University Press of Kansas

151 Pictures of the Pain: Photography and the Assassination of President Kennedy Richard B. Trask 1994 Yeoman Press

152 Denial: The continuing cover-up by the government, with the help of the establishment press of the truth about the assassination of President Kennedy Jerry Robertson 1997 self-published

153 The Zapruder Film David Wrone 2003 University Press of Kansas

154 A Very Private Woman: The Life and Unsolved Murder of Presidential Mistress Mary Meyer Nina Burleigh 1999 Bantam

155 Nasa, Nazis & JFK: The Torbitt Document & the Kennedy Assassination William Torbitt 1996 Adventures Unlimited Press

156 Praise from a Future Generation: the Assassination of John F. Kennedy and the First Generation Critics of the Warren Report John Klein 2007 Wings Press

157 Kennedy Must Be Killed: A Novel Chuck Helppie 2010 iUniverse

158 The JFK Assassination Debates: Lone Gunman Versus Conspiracy Michael Kurtz 2008 University Press of Kansas

159 Crime of the Century: Kennedy Assassination from a Historian's Perspective Michael Kurtz 1993 University of Tennessee Press

160 Best Evidence David Lifton 1992 Signet

161 The Man on the Grassy Knoll John Craig and Philip Rogers 1992 Avon Books

162 November 22, 1963: A Reference Guide to the JFK Assassination William E. Scott 1999 University Press of America

163 The Assassination of John F. Kennedy: An Annotated Film, TV, and Videography, 1963-1992

164 Oswald's Politics Gary W. O'Brien 2010 Trafford Publishing

165 Head Shot:The Science Behind the JFK Assassination G. Paul Chambers 2010 Prometheus Books

166 Matrix for Assassination: The JFK Conspiracy Richard Gilbride 2009 Trafford Publishing

167 JFK: The Medical Evidence Reference Vincent Palamara 1998 self-published

168 Square Peg for a Round Hole J.W. Hughes 1993 self-published

169 Case Open: The Unanswered JFK Assassination Questions Harold Weisberg 1994 Carroll & Graf

170 Oswald Talked: The New Evidence in the JFK Assassination Ray and Mary LaFontaine 1996 Pelican Publishing

171 Assassination Science: Experts Speak Out On the Death of JFK James Fetzer 1998 Open Court

172 President Kennedy Has Been Shot Cathy Trost and Susan Bennett 2002 Newseum

173 Image of an Assassination DVD

174 The Assassination Please Almanac Tom Miller 2000 iUniverse

175 Flashback: The Untold Story of Lee Harvey Oswald Ron Lewis 1993 Lewcom Productions

176 Reporting the Kennedy Assassination: Journalists Who Were There Recall Their Experiences Laura Hlavach and Darwin Payne 1996 Three Forks Press

177 The Day in Dallas: 3 Photographers Capture on Film the Day President Kennedy Died Richard Trask 2000 Yeoman Press

178 National Nightmare on Six Feet of Film: Mr. Zapruder's Home Movie and the Murder of President Kennedy Richard Trask 2005 Yeoman Press

179 JFK … The Day the Nation Cried

180 Forgive My Grief (Volume 1) Penn Jones 1966 Midlothian Mirror

181 Forgive My Grief (Volume 2) Penn Jones 1967 Midlothian Mirror

182 Forgive My Grief (Volume 3) Penn Jones 1974 Midlothian Mirror

183 Forgive My Grief (Volume 4) Penn Jones 1976 Penn Jones, Jr.

184 The Encyclopedia of the JFK Assassination Michael Benson 2002 Facts on File

185 Citizen's Arrest: The dissent of Penn Jones, Jr., in the assassination of JFK H.C. Nash 1977 Latitudes Press

186 The Plot to Seize the White House: The Shocking True Story of the Conspiracy to Overthrow FDR Jules Archer 2007 Skyhorse Publishing

187 Without Smoking Gun: Was the Death of Lt. Cmdr. William Pitzer Part of the JFK Assassination Cover Up? Kent Heiner 2004 Trine Day

188 MacBird Barbara Gibson 1967 Random House Trade Paperbacks

189 The Kennedy Assassination - 24 Hours After: Lyndon B. Johnson's Pivotal First Day as President Steven Gillon 2009 Basic Books

190 Cover-Up Stewart Galanor 1998 Kestrel Books

191 What Really Happened? JFK: Five Hundred One Questions and Answers Joan Hubbard-Burrell 1992 Ponderosa Press

192 Who Shot JFK?: A Guide to the Major Conspiracy Theories Bob Callahan and Mark Zingarelli 1993 Fireside

193 Destiny in Dallas: on the Scene Story in Pictures and Assassin's Assassin R. B. Denson 1964 Denco Corporation

194 The Quiet American Graham Greene 1957 Penguin Books

195 Atsugi Assassins H.E. Jensen 2008 Infinity Publishing

196 Conspiracy: The Plot to Destroy the Kennedys Matthew Smith 2005 Citadel

197 Killing Hope: U.S. Military and C.I.A. Interventions Since World War II - Updated Through 2003 William Blum 2008 Common Courage Press

198 Powers Behind the JFK Assassination Randolph Polasek 2009 lulu.com

199 The Path to Power (The Years of Lyndon Johnson, Volume 1) Robert Caro 1982 Vintage

200 Means of Ascent (The Years of Lyndon Johnson) Robert Caro 1990 Vintage

201 Master of the Senate (The Years of Lyndon Johnson) Robert Caro 2002 Pimlico

202 Lone Star Rising: Lyndon Johnson and His Times, 1908-1960 Robert Dallek 1992 Oxford University Press

203 Flawed Giant: Lyndon Johnson and His Times, 1961-1973 Robert Dallek 1999 Oxford University Press

204 Lyndon Johnson and the American Dream Doris Kearns Goodwin 1976 St. Martin's Griffin

205 American Tragedy: Kennedy, Johnson, and the Origins of the Vietnam War David Kaiser 2002 Belknap Press of Harvard

206 Covering the Body: The Kennedy Assassination, the Media, and the Shaping of Collective Memory Barbie Zelizer 1993 Univ. of Chicago Press

207 The Fish is Red: The Story of the Secret War Against Castro Warren Hinckle and William Turner 1981 Harper Collins

208 That Day in Dallas: 3 Photographers Capture on Film the Day President Kennedy Died Richard Trask 2000 Yeoman Press

209 Four Dark Days in History Collectors Copy A Photo History of President Kennedy's Assassination JFK 1963 Special Publications Inc

210 The Armchair Detective: Your Guide Through the Maze of the JFK Assassination Brian Sprinkle 1992 Rainbow Books

211 Say Goodbye to America: The Sensational and Untold Story Behind the Assassination of John F. Kennedy Matthew Smith 2005 Mainstream Publishing

212 Falsely Accused: Jim Garrison's Investigation of JFK's Assassination and the United States of America Versus R.E. Payne R. Payne 2006 AuthorHouse

213 Chasing Ghosts: The Remarkable Story of One Man's Investigation of the Assassination of President John F. Kennedy James Koepke 2004 PublishAmerica

214 Get Carter: Backstage in History from JFK's Assassination to the Rolling Stones Bill Carter 2006 Fine's Creek Publishing LLC

215 Innocence of Oswald and the JFK Assassins Wayne T. Fairchild 1998 Research Publications

216 Who Shot JFK (A History Mystery) Susan Landsman 1992 Camelot

217 House of Deception: The CIA's Secret Opium War & Assassination of JFK Sheldon Webster 2006 AuthorHouse

218 John F. Kennedy Assassination Dallas Police Dept. Files CD-ROM BACM Research 2008 Paperless Archives

219 John F. Kennedy Assassination White House-Air Force One Audio Recordings BACM Research 2008 Paperless Archives

220 Corruption of Blood Robert K. Tanenbaum 1996 Signet

221 Sherlock Holmes in Dallas Edmund S Ions, Edmund Aubrey 1980 Dodd, Mead

222 JFK: Breaking the Silence Bill Sloan 1993 Taylor Publishing Company

223 The Mystique of Conspiracy: Oswald, Castro, and the CIA Brian Bugge 2007 Provacative Ideas

224 Brush with history/A personal Journey into the JFK case Eric Tagg 1998 Shot in the Light Publishing

225 The Assassination of JFK: Jim Garrison Interviews [VHS] Jim Garrison, Bill Alford 1994 Mpi Home Video

226 On Trial: Lee Harvey Oswald (DVD) Vincent Bugliosi and Gerry Spence 1986 Mpi Home Video

227 Best Evidence [VHS] David Lifton and Jerrol Custer 1994 Rhino/Wea

228 JFK Assassination Solved! (Special Report) Cienfuegos 1970 Cienfuegos

229 Target JFK: Final chapter in the Assassination Nunzio Addabbo 2001 Third Millennium Publications

230 Executive Action, an Edward Lewis production, facts behind the making of this film 0

231 The Gemstone File Jim Keith 1992 Illuminet Press

232 The Gemstone File: Sixty Years of Corrupt Manipulation Within World Government Detailing the Events Surrounding the Assassination of JFK Richard Alan 1992 Crown Publishing Group

233 Project Seek: Onassis, Kennedy, and the Gemstone Thesis Gerald A. Carroll 1994 Global Insights Publications

234 Retired Dallas Police Chief Jesse Curry Reveals his JFK Assassinations File Jesse Curry 1969 American Poster and Printing Co.

235 JFK: Autopsie d'un crime d'etat William Reymond 1998 Flammarion

236 Inquest: The Warren Commission and the Establishment of Truth Edward Jay Epstein 1966 Viking

For context I'd include the DVD (banned in the US?) ''The Killing of America'' and Soerensens ''Kennedy''. (I've already argued the Presidential Commission into the assassination (all volumes, not the report except as a companion) (nicked the Warren Commission or the Warren report.) showing many reasons to consider a conspiracy and therefore think it should be included.)

Guest Robert Morrow

For context I'd include the DVD (banned in the US?) ''The Killing of America'' and Soerensens ''Kennedy''. (I've already argued the Presidential Commission into the assassination (all volumes, not the report except as a companion) (nicked the Warren Commission or the Warren report.) showing many reasons to consider a conspiracy and therefore think it should be included.)

Thanks for your input. Keep them coming. I've got the Warren Report, the book, on my list of WORST JFK books. I do agree that the 26 volumes of the Warren Report are illuminating in how the WC perpetrated its fraud, but I just can't put in on that list ... yet.

13 Me & Lee: How I Came to Know, Love and Lose Lee Harvey Oswald Judyth Vary Baker & Edward Haslam 2010 Trine Day

14 Lee Harvey Oswald: The True Story of the Accused Assassin of President John F. Kennedy, by His Lover Judyth Vary Baker 2006 Trafford Publishing

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Guest Robert Morrow

Jim, Thank-you for your contributions. I listen to you a lot at Black Op radio, read your stuff over at CTKA and here, and in general learn a lot from you. Also, THANKS to everyone else who gives their picks for best books/DVDs on the JFK assassination - I find them extremely informative. Keep them coming!

Now back to Jim: I think that Lyndon Johnson was at the CENTER of the JFK assassination. That is, LBJ plotted the JFK assassination in cohorts with his CIA allies, not just that LBJ was into the cover-up with his buddy Hoover. Therefore, it is critical to know about the role that Lyndon Johnson, the most critical figure in the JFK assassination played. And that role is, LBJ was the Mastermind.

Barr McClellan's book: Blood, Money and Power: How LBJ killed JFK is one of the best books ever on the JFK assassination. It is one of the best books EVER because he got the HEADLINE RIGHT. There is a LOT of truth in the title of Barr's book so I reward that. Additionally, there is the critical matter of the Malcolm Wallace fingerprint identification. Nathan Darby was not the only fingerprint examiner to ID it - there was another one who confirmed it, then got chicken when he and especially his wife found out it was related to the JFK assassination. And the fact that DON THOMAS - an ultra key LBJ insider told Barr that Ed Clark (and LBJ) was behind the JFK assassination is extremely significant. As is the fact that this law firm had to pay a lot of money for LBJ's shrink to keep quit about what LBJ told him.

I do think Barr was wrong about Oswald killing Tippit, wrong about Oswald/Walker scam, wrong about LHO on 6th floor. You also left out wrong about Oswald target shooting with Malcolm Wallace - wrong on that, too. I am sure Barr is wrong on still more things. But he gets the headline statement right and let's us know that LBJ's inner circle were convinced that LBJ murdered John Kennedy - that is extremely significant.

As for Madeleine Brown, I think she is extremely credible on many things. Not that she did not embellish and exaggerate the details of a party that may or may not have happened. I think Madeleine is GOLDEN when she tells us LBJ said that it was Texas oil (HL Hunt) and the CIA who murdered JFK. And that is blockbuster info. Not to mention Lyndon Johnson making her nanny Dale Turner disappear forever within one day (Chapter 22, Missing Person). I grew up in Alabama and had a black nanny help to raise me. Down South, nannies are a part of the family, sometimes serving a family for 30, 40 or 50 years. Nobody whacks their nanny. It's unthinkable. And Madeleine is telling us that Lyndon Johnson (as VP) made Dale Turner disappear FOREVER. That is astounding (!) and it tells us VOLUMES about Lyndon Johnson as a stone cold killer. Doug Caddy, the lawyer for Billie Sol Estes as well as E. Howard Hunt, as well as a poster on this forum, will tell you Lyndon Johnson would have had Dale Turner murdered and not thought twice about it. Madeleine says her boys cried for weeks after Dale Turner went missing.

Billie Sol Estes is extremely critical as well. Usually corrupt businessman give corrupt politicians money. In this case Lyndon Johnson was giving Billie Sol Estes at least $500,000 to go into business. That is astounding and it shows close Billie Sol was to LBJ and Cliff Carter. Billie Sol's revelations about all the LBJ murders is blockbuster and highly revealing.

As for Defrauding America: these 2 paragraphs and info on Pegasus are blockbuster as well:

From Defrauding America, Rodney Stich, 3rd edition 1998 p. 638-639]:

“The Role of deep-cover CIA officer, Trenton Parker, has been described in earlier pages, and his function in the CIA's counter-intelligence unit, Pegasus. Parker had stated to me earlier that a CIA faction was responsible for the murder of JFK … During an August 21, 1993, conversation, in response to my questions, Parker said that his Pegasus group had tape recordings of plans to assassinate Kennedy. I asked him, "What group were these tapes identifying?" Parker replied: "Rockefeller, Allen Dulles, JOHNSON of Texas, GEORGE BUSH, and J. Edgar Hoover." I asked, "What was the nature of the conversation on these tapes?"

I don't have the tapes now, because all the tape recordings were turned over to [Congressman] Larry McDonald. But I listened to the tape recordings and there were conversations between Rockefeller, [J. Edgar] Hoover, where [Nelson] Rockefeller asks, "Are we going to have any problems?" And he said, "No, we aren't going to have any problems. I checked with Dulles. If they do their job we'll do our job." There are a whole bunch of tapes, because Hoover didn't realize that his phone has been tapped. Defrauding America, Rodney Stich, p. 638-639]:

As for Judyth Baker - she is up there with Madeleine Duncan Brown. Judyth Baker absolutely blows away the myth that LHO was some sort of a pro-Castro Marxist and confirms yet again LHO was almost certainly a US intelligence agent. That is HUGE.

Re: Sylvia Meagher and Josiah Thompson. Trailblazers who have already won the race. There is no question that there was a conspiracy to murder JFK and no question the Warren Commission was a farce.

The Dark Side of Camelot - very important book. JFK was an out of control sex freak and it is one BIG reason he got murdered. Lyndon Johnson with Hoover's help was able to blackmail his way onto the 1960 Demo ticket because of this stuff. That is like going camping with Jeffrey Dahmer.

Btw, that Bush book Immaculate Deception by Russell Bowen is the best Bush book out there. I don't see who GHW Bush, high ranking Texas CIA, with his over the top criminality of over the years, I don't see how he was not a player in the JFK assassination. One thing is for sure, GHW Bush is still singularly devoted to the cover up 44 years later at Ford's funeral in 2007.

And this stuff below is some hearty JFK meat and potatoes:

21 To Kill a President: Finally an Ex-FBI Agent rips aside the Veil of Secrecy that killed JFK M. Wesley Smearingen 2008 BookSurge Publishing

22 JFK - Director's Cut - 2 Disc Special Edition (1991) Oliver Stone 2003 Warner Home Video

23 Oswald and the CIA John Newman 1995 Carroll & Graf

24 Bloody Treason: On Solving History's Greatest Murder Mystery: The Assassination of John F. Kennedy Noel H. Twyman 1997 Laurel Pub

25 The Last Investigation Gaeton Fonzi 1993 The Mary Ferrell Foundation

26 Brothers: The Hidden History of the Kennedy Years David Talbot 2008 Free Press

27 The Man Who Knew Too Much: Hired to Kill Oswald and Prevent the Assassination of JFK Dick Russell 1992 Carroll & Graf

28 Someone Would Have Talked Larry Hancock 2006 JFK Lancer Productions and @ Publications

29 Plausible Denial: Was the CIA Involved in the Assassination of JFK Mark Lane 1992 Thunder's Mouth Press

28.1 The Tatum Chronicles (Google Chip Tatum Pegasus for free on internet) D. G. "Chip Tatum" 1996 self-published

31 History Will Not Absolve Us: Orwellian Control, Public Denial, & the Murder of President Kennedy Martin Schotz 1996 Kurtz, Ulmer & Delucia

Guest Robert Morrow

Madeleine Brown - key witness to TRUTH in the JFK assassination. Lyndon Johnson is independently confirmed as being at the Driskell Hotel on the night 12/31/63.

Sam Johnson's Boy by Steinberg, has LBJ at Driskell Hotel 12/31/63, p.652:

"On New Year's Eve [12-31-63], with his first Presidential vacation almost over, Johnson paid a surprise visit to the drinking party Washington reporters away from home were holding at the Driskell Hotel in Austin. He had done handsomely for certain reporters during the vacation, and they were excited to see him now."

Here is another account of LBJ at the Driskell Hotel on 12/31/63: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bill-lucey/how-former-us-presidents_b_405850.html

Bill Lucy writing in the Huffington Post, 12-9-09

"Lyndon Johnson usually liked to sneak away to his ranch in Texas for the Christmas holidays, including New Year's Eve and prepare his State of the Union address.

On New Year's Eve 1964, LBJ left Lady Bird at the ranch to watch a movie, while he engaged in some party hopping; first by attending a private reception at the University of Texas in Austin; later he headed to a private club, the "40 Acres" not far from the college campus. After about an hour there-he dashed off to the home of Frank Irwin, former Chairman of the Board of Regents of the University of Texas and a close friend of the president, before heading to the Driskill Hotel for a New Year's Eve bash attended by the White House press corps."

And what do you think Lyndon Johnson do AFTER he partied with the White House press corps, probably in the bar of the Driskell Hotel ... he headed upstairs to the Mezzanine level to his reserved room #254 and into the arms of (one of) his beloved mistress Madeleine Duncan Brown, father of his son Steven. And it was THAT NIGHT that LBJ told Madeleine that "It was Texas oil and those %$%$& renegade intelligence bastards in Washington" that murdered John Kennedy. [LBJ at late night 12/31/63 or early morning 1/1/64]

Madeleine Duncan Brown may not be right on every detail in her book and story, but I think she is 100% correct on the big items such as LBJ saying:

"It was evident that the tone of fury in his voice from last night had not dissipated. I had barely eked out the words, “About last night…” when his rage virtually went ballistic. His snarling voice jolted me as never before—“That son-of-a-bitch crazy Yarborough and that goddamn %$%&$ Irish mafia bastard, Kennedy, will never embarrass me again!”

Madeleine Duncan Brown was a mistress of Lyndon Johnson for 21 years and had a son with him named Steven Mark Brown in 1950. Madeleine mixed with the Texas elite and had many trysts with Lyndon Johnson over the years, including one at the Driskell Hotel in Austin, TX, on New Year's Eve 12/31/63.

In the morning of January 1, 1964, just 6 weeks after the JFK assassination, Madeleine asked Lyndon Johnson:

"Lyndon, you know that a lot of people believe you had something to do with President Kennedy's assassination."

He shot up out of bed and began pacing and waving his arms screaming like a madman. I was scared!

"That's bull___, Madeleine Brown!" he yelled. "Don't tell me you believe that crap!"

"Of course not." I answered meekly, trying to cool his temper.

"It was Texas oil and those f____ renegade intelligence bastards in Washington." [said Lyndon Johnson, the new president.] [Texas in the Morning, p. 189] [LBJ told this to Madeleine on 1/1/64 in the Dri skell Hotel, Austin, TX in room #254. They spent New Year’s Eve ‘64 together here. Room #254 was the room that LBJ used to have rendevous’ with his girlfriends – today it is known as the LBJ Room, and rents for $600-1,000/night as a Presidential suite at the Driskell. Located on the Mezzanine Level.]