The Education Forum

Rose Cheramie

Bill Byas

Boy, ya gotta love that you can read the same message four or five times, one right after the next, and multiple copies of each reply, too, just on the off chance that you might forget something that was in the original.

Not everybody reads every thread and comments on it.

You gotta love those who take an important thread and cut it off with some meaningless BS, which a lot of people read but don't bother going back to what's important.

And as with the Tippit thread below, commence small talk that should be exchanged in personel emails instead of cutting off the topic to more BS.

Now who that reads this will know that Robert Howard pointed out that there's five government records still being withheld about Rose Cheramie?

Or that both Sergio Aracha Smith and Julio Fernandez both had connections to the Silver Slipper that nobody's ever checked out?

BK

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So,

Does anyone know why these five records would still be withheld?

08 180-10111-10073 POSTPONED IN FULL

13 180-10104-10459 POSTPONED IN FULL

14 180-10105-10003 POSTPONED IN FULL

21 180-10089-10047 POSTPONED IN FULL

22 180-10095-10160 Rose Cheramie aliases POSTPONED IN FULL

And what was the Silver Slipper bar all about?

What was Sergio A. Smith's connection to it?

Thanks,

BK

As an opportunity to display some humility, I would point out that the posts Larry Hancock has made on this thread are, in my opinion the most important that have been posted here to date!

I hope that Larry does not mind, but I am going to repost one of them as follows.

Greg, Rose gave the ships name phonetically as "Mary Etta", the ship

found to match the port and time was the SS Maturata, British registry

docking in Galveston.

The seaman's name was given as "Luther", initials L.J. last name unknown.

Delivery was to be made to Leo Parker (alias), true name Poreurillo (the

spelling is hard to read on this, poor type quality or altered, hard to say

on my copy). Parker was to take delivery in Dallas. Other names

given were Pete Vallone and the Tamborrello family. Police records were

checked and confirmed that the Vallone and Tamborello families

were heavily invovled in narcotics, white slavery and other criminal activity.

Given the number of details which appeared to check out it is rather significant that the investigation was dropped simply because Rose had a record with the Houston police and they apparently told the agents that her allegations were untrue. Which is very strange given her actual record which clearly demonstrates that she had been very active as both a prostitute (white slavery) and a drug courier and there is no detail given as to how they could have checked her

story prior to the arrival of the ship?

Fruge himself said that he and the agents did verify a Luther on the ship but failed

to intercept him and were ordered back given the decision by higher level

customs officers to drop it based - it seems - simply on a lack of interest by Houston police.

-- Larry

As a follow up I would state that the most important information to date after 45 years regarding Rose Cherami, is the name of that seaman, Luther......

Furthermore, there is Larry's reference in an earlier post of a November in Dallas 2003 Lancer Conference in which some very important information regarding Cheramie was detailed by Jim Olivier......

I would also like to know, [hopefully Larry check's out the Forum still] the RIF number, if there is one for the document regarding the information he posted here regarding Luther and the SS Matasura......

On a final note, there is something very confusing about the Silver Slipper Club...I will try to elucidate it as best I can.

In reality there were three clubs known as the Silver Slipper.

1 Was in Las Vegas and at one time was owned by Howard Hughes.

2 Jack Ruby at one time owned a club called the Silver Slipper, which was in Downtown Dallas, I believe on Ervay Street.

3. The Silver Slipper Club, in which Rose Cherami was at with Sergio Aracha Smith and Emilio Santana, [ the Smith/Santana ID's are based on the article in the Probe article regarding Rose Cheramie, which, in turn is based on Mac Manual's ID'ing photo's shown to him by Fruge], was in Eunice, Louisiana, and was also reputedly either a brothel or a nightclub in which organized/crime figures stopped en route from Miami to Texas.

I also wonder whether the following name could be the person that Larry had trouble recognizing from the document, who he spells out as "Poreurillo."

See

* PETRILLO, CARME -----

Sources: WC Vol 22, p. 902; WC Vol 23, p. 32; CD 1150, p. 2

Mary's

Comments: Member of the comedy team of "Carme & Paul" (Paul Salos was other member). Boyfriend of Delores Silva who was aka Dior Angel and aka Candy Barr. Worked at Colony Club in Dallas over Labor Day weekend 1962. Jack Ruby called him in Houston 10/16/63.

Final thought: There is some urgency regarding this topic in light of the fact that this aspect of the assassination, if further concrete evidence can be determined beyond a reasonable doubt, in effect, creates a significant linkage to the chronology of original assassination related events, not to mention the other names listed in the subject filed of RIF 180-10089-10047.

see

SUBJECTS : FRUGE, FRANCIS LOUIS; CHERAMIE, ROSE; RUBY, JACK,

ASSOCIATES AND RELATIVE ASSOCIATION WITH OSWALD; LEADS

AND INFORMATION; FERRIE, DAVID; SHAW, CLAY; FAIR PLAY

FOR CUBA COMMITTEE

"Thinking Pink"

While Rose Cherami allegedly told Fruge about her connection to Ruby was connected to a club called "The Pink Door," that seemed to be another factoid that led to nowhere, it should also be pointed out that being a heroin addict may have affected her powers of memory to a certain degree. With that in mind, I find the following information worth mentioning.

From Dave Reitzes article about Richard Case Nagell

Truth or Dare: Richard Case Nagell Timeline

Not necessarily related is something Nagell mentioned to Arthur Greenstein about "an unreconstructed Nazi who owned a club called the Pink Pussycat." Greenstein says, "I guess the scandal was that the fellow got a liquor license, because he was into many things, many illegal activities." He would write to Arthur Greenstein that he had "earned" the gunshot wound in the "vicinity of Malibu for indiscretion."(109) He "was discharged for what he describes as an indiscretion wherein he describes he revealed information that he should not have revealed."(110) "It is noted in the file a report on July 16, 1962, he called at the Los Angeles VA Wadsworth Hospital with a self-inflicted gun shot wound in his chest."(111)

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/nagell5.htm

Then there is the testimony of Tom Stewart Palmer of the AGVA regarding Jack Ruby....

http://www.jfk-assassination.de/warren/wch/vol15/page213.php

Mr. Palmer.

He called Irving Mazzie on several occasions, and without my receiving any confirmation either from Irving or from New York as to what these conversations embodied, he instructed me that he was right, Jack Ruby, and I agreed. However, I had a request to have the other clubs shut down because of their noncompliance disregarded by New York. So it became my policy, and probably the reason for my termination with AGVA was that one or the other of the officers either the west coast or the east coast, would have to come in and straighten this out.

Mr. Griffin.

You were getting conflicting orders, I take it?

Mr. Palmer.

Yes; I was. My New York office and my regional office were giving me conflicting orders.

Mr. Griffin.

Irving Mazzie, I remember, was telling you to shut them down; is that right?

Mr. Palmer.

He did not at first. The New York office told me to shut them down, and Irving Mazzie said give them time. And there was this banter back and forth on the west coast. They had, I think, the Pink Pussy Cat and the Body Shop, were continuing their amateur nights and Irving said to permit the clubs here to continue until they ceased on the west coast. Eventually they ceased on the west coast, but there was still this complete uncertainty, in my mind, about here, because he continued to permit me to permit them to have their amateur nights.

END

There are a number of very talented researchers who have delved into the Rose Cheamie/Melba Mercades aspect of the JFK Assassination. And taken as a collective whole, this material, which is not surprising in my opinion has areas that extend into various divergent areas.....Some of the more renown individuals, who have covered Cherami fairly recently are Larry Hancock, Douglas Valentine, Lamar Waldron and Joan Mellen......

There is one item, which is confusing regarding RIF 180-10105-10003 memorandum of 12/10/63, which is cited on page 574 of Someone Would Have Talked, as being related to Rose Cherami, also cited in endnotes.pdf on Larry's website.

The confusion is, that according to NARA, this document is postponed in full.

I was wondering if that RIF, has an incorrect digit somewhere in there.

I would also say that Larry has probably unearthed more information about the aborted heroin transaction in Houston than anyone, although Douglas Valentine has written some rather incredible material in this area.....

Edited by Robert Howard

There are a number of very talented researchers who have delved into the Rose Cheamie/Melba Mercades aspect of the JFK Assassination. And taken as a collective whole, this material, which is not surprising in my opinion has areas that extend into various divergent areas.....Some of the more renown individuals, who have covered Cherami fairly recently are Larry Hancock, Douglas Valentine, Lamar Waldron and Joan Mellen......

There is one item, which is confusing regarding RIF 180-10105-10003 memorandum of 12/10/63, which is cited on page 574 of Someone Would Have Talked, as being related to Rose Cherami, also cited in endnotes.pdf on Larry's website.

The confusion is, that according to NARA, this document is postponed in full.

I was wondering if that RIF, has an incorrect digit somewhere in there.

I would also say that Larry has probably unearthed more information about the aborted heroin transaction in Houston than anyone, although Douglas Valentine has written some rather incredible material in this area.....

Continuing......If there ever was a lesson to be learned about JFK research, the Rose Cherami story is the ideal place to make a particular point. There is a particular problem with Rose, or rather, the researchers and Rose. As a rule, researchers in general

are too busy researching to study each others work.....Although there are exceptions. Case in point if anyone has read "the newest," research on Rose Cheramie, the work is mainly by Lamar Waldron/Thom Hartman, Larry Hancock, Douglas Valentine, Joan Mellen with James DiEugenio's article that was published in JFK: The Assasssinations - 2003 rounding everything out....

Additionally, there are always other people who do their own digging such as myself.....

Here are some of the facts I have unearthed......

On September 6, 1965, the Dallas Morning News listed in their obituary section, the following.

MARCADES

Mrs. Melba Christine. 502 Falling Leaves, Duncanville. Survived by son

Michael Marcades, Duncanville. Parents Mr and Mrs T. J. Youngblood,

Duncanville; sisters Mrs Morris Wall, Mrs J W Stuart; Services 2 p.m. Monday

Rogers Duncanville Chapel. Rev W.W. Baer officiating assisted by

Rev. Milton Money. Intermet Wheatland Cemetery

ROGERS FUNERAL CHAPEL DUNCANVILLE AX8-0900

I will be glad to furnish the actual obit, but the manner in which I decided to post, ensures that everyone can read it.....

Additionally, there is enough "information" about Rose Cheramie and her bazillion aliases that one could just write a book about her. The problem is dissecting the truth from the "information."

I recognize this thread does not seem to be very popular; So why I am continuing to post on it?

Because, it is part of the original sequence of events regarding the assassination, and I also agree with Waldron and Hartmann to a degree, regarding the following premise, which is taken from their own book......Fruge was able to confirm that Cheramie had worked for Ruby as a B-girl, that she had a child and who was holding it and to confirm many of the details of the drug-smuggling deal in Houston. Narcotics was not Fruge's specialty, so he didn't know that it was run by men like Marcello, Trafficante and Victor Michael Mertz,and that it also included Jack Ruby. This same ring---with chemically identical heroin, according to Bobby Kennedy's Justice Department--- had been busted in Houston in 1962 and in Laredo in the fall of 1963, a prosecution that Bobby had personally taken an interest in.

page 730 Ultimate Sacrifice softcover - 2006

While I cannot confirm that Waldron/Hartmann's information is 100% accurate, the reason this information is so important is because I feel strongly that it links to the QJWIN/ZRRIFLE area, as is more or less noted in the above passage.....

I understand that Larry Hancock feels strongly about Jose Llera and Louis Breto, again the point is that there are very credible reasons for thinking that the Cherami incident could reap some really big rewards, if only some of the facts could be sifted through a voluminous amount of what has been written.

• 2 years later...
Thanks, Larry!

great information. I had been wondering for a while if maybe the ship was a Lykes Line operation. Some interesting connections there if it had been...

but it isn't.

Any veteran JFK Researcher worth his salt is no doubt aware that a big part of the controversy and enmity that exists between the persons believing there was a conspiracy, and the beloved Lone-Nutters. On the alt.conspiracy.jfk newsgroup, as well as on the internet, Rose Cheramie is always right in the middle of allegations and counter-arguments that her information indicating foreknowledge was either invented after the fact, or, was actually before the assassination, as Fruge indicated.

Irrespective of whether or not that is the truth, [and there is actually good reason to believe that it was before the assassination], there is a significant point that needs to be addressed regarding Cheramie.

Rose Cheramie aka Melba Mercades, she actually had a multitude of aliases, is, in retrospect beyond simply "important."

Why?

Two reasons.

One. if she was and is as insignificant as, certain idiots maintain, why are there at least four documents on her that are postponed in full? See bottom of post

Two. Read the article in Probe Magazine by Jim DiEugenio

Rose Cheramie: How She Predicted The JFK Assassination

Postscript:

The Assassinations: Probe Magazine on JFK, MLK, RFK, and Malcolm X pg 230, by DiEugenio, James and Pease, Lisa, editors (2003)

Amazon Rating:

It should be noted that at this point there exists some confusion about Mac Manuals identification of Santana. Writers like John Davis have said that the man's last name was `Osanto'. This is based on Patricia Orr's summary of the Cheramie episode in Volume 10 of the HSCA volumes. Apparently Orr was working only from Fruge’s April 18, 1978 deposition transcript. There Fruge states that ther second man was, to the best of his memory, Osanto. But this confusion is now cleared up with the declassification by the ARRB of the rest of the HSCA records. For in the summary of Fruge’s deposition, and in the accompanying index, Blackmer notes that Fruge identified the actual photos that Manual picked out. The photos were of Sergio Aracha Smith and Emilio Santana.

In 2006 on a JFK newsgroup, I am told there was a "Jaxie Stewart Fisher," who claimed that her relationship to Rose Cheramie, was intimate enough that she was known to her as "Aunt Pippy."

also

Galveston Daily News January 8, 1954

Frank Ragland, Alvin Resident, Succumbs Here

Services for Frank Ragland, 41 Former Steamship

Marrion Lykes

Other useful idiots and scoffers may want to explain the following.

AGENCY : CUSTOMS

RECORD NUMBER : 196-10001-10049

RECORDS SERIES : FIELD OFFICE FILES

DOCUMENT INFORMATION

ORIGINATOR : CUSTOMS

TO : [No To]

TITLE : [No Title]

DATE : 12/18/1963

PAGES : 1

DOCUMENT TYPE : PAPER, TEXTUAL DOCUMENT

SUBJECTS : CHERAMI, ROSE

CLASSIFICATION : UNCLASSIFIED

RESTRICTIONS : OPEN IN FULL

CURRENT STATUS : OPEN

DATE OF LAST REVIEW : 12/21/1996

COMMENTS : CASE FILE CARD ON ROSE CHERAMI. CASE FILES TRANSFERRED

TO FRC FT. WORTH AND CONFIRMED DESTROYED. NO FURTHER INFORMATION.

RECORD NUMBER : 196-10001-10059

DOCUMENT INFORMATION

SUBJECTS : MARCADES, MELBA

COMMENTS : CASE FILE CARD ON MELBA MARCADES. CASE FILES

TRANSFERRED TO FRC FT. WORTH AND CONFIRMED DESTROYED.

NO FURTHER INFORMATION.

RECORD NUMBER : 196-10001-10059

DOCUMENT INFORMATION

SUBJECTS : MARCADES, MELBA

COMMENTS : CASE FILE CARD ON MELBA MARCADES. CASE FILES

TRANSFERRED TO FRC FT. WORTH AND CONFIRMED DESTROYED.

NO FURTHER INFORMATION

http://www.nara.gov/cgi-bin/starfinder/6254/jfksnew.txt

22 Documents related to Rose Cheramie

01 180-10105-10328

02 180-10105-10330

03 180-10112-10058 ARRESTS ROSE CHERAMIE

04 180-10112-10057 MELBA MARCADES

05 180-10089-10046

06 124-10185-10123

07 124-10276-10427

08 180-10111-10073 POSTPONED IN FULL

09 180-10111-10074

10 180-10107-10062

11 180-10100-10004 1 page Customs Dept Staff

12 180-10147-10339

13 180-10104-10459 POSTPONED IN FULL

14 180-10105-10003 POSTPONED IN FULL

15 180-10106-10014

16 180-10112-10310

17 124-10373-10139

18 180-10067-10459

19 180-10074-10060 1 page

20 180-10065-10259

21 180-10089-10047 POSTPONED IN FULL

22 180-10095-10160 Rose Cheramie aliases POSTPONED IN FULL

23* 196-10001-10059

23* This document was under NARA as Melba Marcades

PS Joan Mellen could offer some significant assistance in this area if she chose to do so.

I can't seem to get this nara link to work. Any suggestions?

Would be appreciated.

Peter

Peter

I tried. I'm using Google Chrome and I received an immediate message that said, "Your session has been closed....Message Name: Session killed." It also said to try different browsers.

I just want to say that gossip columnist, John Austin, told me that Oliver Stone seriously considered putting "Karyn Kupcinet" in his film JFK, as having foreknowledge. He decided to focus on "Rose Cheramie," as there were witnesses to her saying before it happened that they were going to kill Kennedy. Irv Kupcinet got wind of this. His tirades against that film were endless. But other columnists around the country were also outraged about JFK. Like Operation Mocking Bird?

Kathy C

Peter

I tried. I'm using Google Chrome and I received an immediate message that said, "Your session has been closed....Message Name: Session killed." It also said to try different browsers.

I just want to say that gossip columnist, John Austin, told me that Oliver Stone seriously considered putting "Karyn Kupcinet" in his film JFK, as having foreknowledge. He decided to focus on "Rose Cheramie," as there were witnesses to her saying before it happened that they were going to kill Kennedy. Irv Kupcinet got wind of this. His tirades against that film were endless. But other columnists around the country were also outraged about JFK. Like Operation Mocking Bird?

Kathy C

Thanks Kathy. I will keep trying. I haven't read about Karyn Kupcient and her father recently. Is he the one who said when asked about who killed her daughter " the same bastards who killed Kennedy?"

Thanks Kathy. I will keep trying. I haven't read about Karyn Kupcient and her father recently. Is he the one who said when asked about who killed her daughter " the same bastards who killed Kennedy?"

Now I heard that phrase recently. I don't know who said it, but I believe it had to do with 9/11.

Irv did not believe her death had anything to do with the Kennedy Assassination. Even though her coroner turned out to have a fetish for strangled women and was fired and brought to court. I think his name was Harold Kade. They exhumed 2 women he said were strangled, but in fact they died from other causes. This had to get back to Irv. Also Kade said, "At least I didn't break the hyoid bone on that one." Was he talking about Karyn Kupcinet?

But Irv ignored all that and still maintained to his dying day that she was murdered by David Lange, who had moved in on the floor below hers (2 apartments per building). At the time of her murder, he was heavily drunk when he came home that Thursday morning (Thanksgiving). I think something happened and he had a blackout about it. He told another woman living in the complex that he was up at her door on Friday. He said he turned the knob and found her door unlocked. He said he didn't go in. She was found the next night. From what I gather, her body was right there on the couch.

Why did he go there? Why did he confess this? Did someone else kill her and he went into her apartment and realized she was dead?

She could have easily died from a drug overdose as she was addicted to methamphetamine her last year. Or she committed suicide. If you even hinted this to Irv he'd kill you. Irv was a Zionist Jew.

Kathy C

Peter

Kathy C

Peter,

Cord Meyer said something similar and may be what you are referring to. Quote below is taken from the Meyer entry on the Spartacus site.

"... In February, 2001, the writer, C. David Heymann, asked Cord Meyer about the death of Mary Pinchot Meyer: "My father died of a heart attack the same year Mary was killed , " he whispered. "It was a bad time." And what could he say about Mary Meyer? Who had committed such a heinous crime? "The same sons of bitches," he hissed, "that killed John F. Kennedy."

http://www.spartacus...k/JFKmeyerC.htm

Peter

Kathy C

Peter,

Cord Meyer said something similar and may be what you are referring to. Quote below is taken from the Meyer entry on the Spartacus site.

"... In February, 2001, the writer, C. David Heymann, asked Cord Meyer about the death of Mary Pinchot Meyer: "My father died of a heart attack the same year Mary was killed , " he whispered. "It was a bad time." And what could he say about Mary Meyer? Who had committed such a heinous crime? "The same sons of bitches," he hissed, "that killed John F. Kennedy."

http://www.spartacus...k/JFKmeyerC.htm

I apologize for being unawares about locating the nara.gov links which I referenced a few posts back, before I posted this, I went back to see if the documents still pulled up when searching and they still did.

To locate them is fairly simple.

Go to the nara.gov website under JFK documents and under simple search simple enter "Cheramie," this should pull up the 24 documents cited.

Equally important is to enter another name after clearing the URL for new search, and, this is important....

entering only the word Melba, many of the latter search hits will pull up names not associated with Melba Mercades, so you have to look at the hits individually, but, I guarantee

there are documents in the latter search "Melba" results, that are specifically pertaining to Melba Mercades aka Rose Cheramie.

Final Note:

I have at times, exchanged correspondence with Douglas Valentine, who is a very important researcher, especially with regards to the Federal Bureau of Narcotics area

ie Jack Ruby Organized crime ties the Warren Commission did not investigate and the CIA - MKULTRA area....

At any rate, at a certain point the issue came up why did, after the Houston INS confirmed to Fruge that Cheramie's Hotel reservations were not a myth, but factual

did the INS agent "lose" the heroin dealer, after he stepped off the ship in Houston, I am in agreement with Valentine, who, discovered

that the CIA strongly appeared to have had control over INS activities in Houston at that time, 1963

See The Strength of the Wolf page 313

......And after, further digging I discovered that Houston, Texas had some severe problems

with drug related issues long before anyone had ever heard of Rose Cheramie.

On June 4, 1954, the Associated Press ran the headline of a story in Houston

Probe Figure Found Shot

A veteran vice-squad detective was found shot to death

Thursday at police headquarters.

The body of M.A. Billnitzer, 45, was found in a vice-squad

office shortly after a high police official had confirmed reports

that an investigation is underway on the handling of narcotics

seized by city and federal officers.

Chief of Police L.D. Morrison later announced the suspension

of vice squad Capt. Foy Melton and Sydney Smith, a burglary

and theft detective who was formerly a vice-squad officer.

Melton had been Billnitzer's superior officer.

Billnitzer's body was found only a few minutes after

he had left a conference in the police chief's office.

A pistol was near the body.

Morrison said he had been questioning Billnitzer on allegations

of "failure to tag and handle evidence properly"

Morrison had earlier said his questioning of the officer

"was not strong enough reason for a man to take his life."

There are other even deeper looks into this area of

corruption in the area of Texas law enforcement

and bigwigs contained in the book

The Coin of Contraband by Garland Roark.

Unfortunately that book is hard to find.

• 1 year later...