The Education Forum

The suspension of posting privilages

Today I have suspended a number of members posting privileges. I have not banned them, but I am very concerned with their attitude towards this forum.

On another website these members have made clear the utter contempt they have for this forum, its members and moderators.

They have been egging each other on. The portraits and descriptions of members and moderators suggests this is what they really feel about this forum and its members

For the moment I have suspended their rights. Hopefully this matter can be resolved and membership returned.

But until then the safety and integrity of this forum must come first.

James Gordon

What is said and done at any other forum should not have any effect on this forum. It is only what is said and done on this forum that should count.

What has upset some - and not just at my forum is the baiting of myself and Lee Farley here, and that includes from one of the moderators. It is disgraceful and hypocritical and his words and actions in particular should be your biggest concern.

I do note that a reply I made to this moderators last attempt at baiting me has been left up, while what I was replying to has been completely wiped. It should have been left so that everyone can see what I have had to deal with. As it is, it looks like I've replied to no one.

You guys had the power to nip this in the bud before it started by having a quiet word to David Josephs for the smears and untruths about me that brought me here in the first place.

Lee, as far as I can tell, has done nothing but try and follow your rules here. His suspension is unwarranted, but also unfortunately entirely unsurprising.

Hi Greg

I tried to send you a PM, but it did not get through. I need a favour from you. Would you contact Colin Crow, a member of your forum, for me and ask him if I could have his permission to post a link here to the new, three part thread ("Bags, Boxes, Bones, etc.) he linked to on your forum?

It is such a well researched thread, I hope he is agreeable to sharing it here.

Bob

Robert,

Greg has reading privileges and he is still visiting, so I'm sure your request will get through to him.

I appreciate that Greg and others are extremely knowledgeable and could contribute greatly to the thread you are interested in, but for me this is a red line issue from which I will not budge.

I do hope this matter can be resolved, but I cannot and will not allow - those who were until to-day current members of this forum, to treat the present membership and our forum in the manner they have been doing.

I am sorry for those members who wish to see them to contribute and hopefully that will indeed still be able to happen.

James

"For the moment I have suspended their rights. Hopefully this matter can be resolved and membership returned."

James, I'm just curious about what they have to do to resolve the matter and reinstate full rights? Maintaining them is clear under the usage terms but the suspension "process" less so...

Robert,

Greg has reading privileges and he is still visiting, so I'm sure your request will get through to him.

I appreciate that Greg and others are extremely knowledgeable and could contribute greatly to the thread you are interested in, but for me this is a red line issue from which I will not budge.

I do hope this matter can be resolved, but I cannot and will not allow - those who were until to-day current members of this forum, to treat the present membership and our forum in the manner they have been doing.

I am sorry for those members who wish to see them to contribute and hopefully that will indeed still be able to happen.

James

James

I see. I thought Greg still had posting privileges, evidenced by his reply to your first post.

Greg

If you can read this, could you post a response on your forum, please?

Greg Parker

Thanks for passing my message along. I will post the link to Colin's thread.

No, I am not particularly concerned about invoking anyone's wrath. I simply thought it was the polite thing to do to ask permission, just in case Colin was not in favour of seeing his thread linked to here. I thought he was a member here, but did not see his name on the members' list, and did not know what his current thoughts were about the Ed Forum.

• 1 month later...

I have hidden two posts on this thread, a post by Robin Haines and a response by Ron Ecker.

Robin’s post had no right to be on this thread. That whole topic is in the “Dark Politics” thread and the administrators do not want it on this forum.

I am sorry to have hidden Ron Ecker's post. Having hidden Robin’s post it felt right that Ron’s post - which was clearly a response to Robin’s post - should also be hidden in case members had wondered what had frustrated Ron Esker.

James