The Education Forum

Hot new book "Against Them" by Tegan Mathis

Guest Robert Morrow

Guest Robert Morrow

I agree that The Ends of Power is a good book, but think you misrepresent the nature of the "Bay of Pigs Thing." While the CIA may very well have had a hand in Kennedy's death, there is little evidence to suggest Nixon believed they'd PLANNED it. The "Bay of Pigs Thing" comment was made BEFORE the CIA's hit attempts on Castro became public knowledge, and are most logically a reference to these attempts and the possibility they blew back on Kennedy in particular, and the CIA's assassination capacity, in general. Nixon, as Eisenhower's VP, knew of these attempts. He probably even authorized them. By reminding Helms that Hunt was involved in the "Bay of Pigs Thing" Nixon was trying to get Helms to stall the FBI's Watergate investigation. It worked, for a spell. Just long enough to get himself re-elected.

Pat,

I think you're off base here and am a little surprised by that. Do you honestly

think that Nixon was simply being cute? Explain Helms's reaction then? Few

presidents have understood power politics more than Nixon and Nixon was

clearly trying to poke at the CIA using information that Nixon certainly was

in the loop for. If your argument hinges solely on *planning* culpability then

I don't think you have much to go on.

When you look at it all in context, it makes perfect sense. The CIA considered its assassination capacity, and its attempts on Castro, Top Secret #1, so much so that its internal IG report on its attempts on Castro was locked up in a safe only accessible to the Director. Helms was extremely defensive of the CIA's secrets. So was Hunt, at least then. It seems more than a coincidence that Hunt and Liddy discussed killing Jack Anderson, the one journalist pushing the "Kennedy and the CIA tried to kill Castro but Castro got Kennedy first" story.

So, in essence, I don't feel Nixon was being "cute." He was, as ever, playing HARDBALL politics, in effect telling Helms "You help us keep Hunt out of it, or we'll be sure your role in the assassination attempts on Castro gets blown, and well, y'know, Congress won't like that, will they? They might even cut your funding. Or, perhaps, just perhaps, re-open an investigation into Kennedy's death. Which nobody really wants. Capiche?"

Pat,

I have read many of your posts, and respect your opinions regarding the assassination. However, I must agree with most of what the others have posted here previously regarding Nixon's and Helms' knowledge of the assassination. Helms knowledge of the Castro assassination attempts had to run much deeper than that. He HAD to know that Angleton was running a special op with Oswald as a intelligence dangle down in Mexico and other places.(sheep dipping him as a Communist/agent provocateur) Helms almost certainly had to know that (even if it was after the fact) David Atlee Phillips was setting up Oswald as a patsy in places like New Orleans and Dallas and that the possiblity existed that a)a rogue plot involving CIA officers like Dave Phillips, David Morales, Carl Jenkins, etc. had turned an assassination team meant for Castro against JFK.(which I doubt) or b.)The operation was tasked to Helms by Allen Dulles at the behest of very highly influential, vested interests who wanted Kennedy gone for a whole host of reasons. Helms was a "Patriot" in his own mind, and I believe he surely felt that private corporations and the ruling elite of the United States were the true "interests" he was tasked with protecting in the "Free World". IF he was told thru Allen Dulles that the majority of the ruling elite felt that Kennedy was a "threat to National Security" and had to go, then I believe he would have willingly taken part in an operation run by CIA and Cuban Exiles to facilitate the assassination.

I think that Nixon either heard it was coming down, or saw the tell tale fingerprints of an assassination team and figured the rest out on his own about the CIA's culpability.

So, in the final analysis, its IMHO that Nixon knew he was pushing Helm's buttons by stating this would open up the "Whole Bay of Pigs thing"..

-Greg

If Richard Helms was running the JFK assassination, and he very well could have been, he was doing it at the behest of very powerful and politically active businessmen outside of government. If Allen Dulles tasked this to Helms - which is very possible - then Allen Dulles was doing it on behalf of very powerful outside actors.

These actors have names: Lyndon Johnson (their water boy), H.L. Hunt, Clint Murchison, Sr., Nelson and David Rockefeller. Nelson Rockefeller was the governor of New York from 1959-1973; he had strong presidential ambitions and he was no fan of the Kennedys. Yet he was close personal friends with Lyndon Johnson. In fact, LBJ and Lady Bird used to vacation out west on the ranch of Lawrence Rockefeller.

LBJ was in tight with the Rockefellers and that is not a good sign.

Nixon was definitely pushing the buttons of Richard Helms and it was most definitely NOT about the Agency's murder attempts on Castro. It was about the JFK assassination.

I believe Haldeman (before he lied and changed his story under pressure from the Nixonites) and I believe Joe Dimona is a straight shooter in this affair.

It strikes me that the Rockefellers are the big-oil internationalists here, compared to the Texas small-oil isolationists that they did business with.

The major foreign policy and intelligence players - Harriman, Dulles-Helms, Hoover, LBJ, Nixon, Bundy, McCloy, and others - are under the control of the Internationalist Tier, whatever these players' co-relations with the Isolationist Tier.

Both tiers would have suffered under the oil depletion allowance changes. But which tier installed the Federal Reserve? Which was most invested in a profit-making, map-changing war in Southeast Asia?

Approval, coordination, and coverup - Internationalist Tier?

Assassination planning and funding - Isolationist Tier?

Was the Isolationist Tier potentially a cut-out for the Internationalist Tier?

Edited by David Andrews

I just discovered this book tonight:

"Against Them: How & Why Alexander Haig, Bob Woodward, Donald Rumsfeld, & Richard Cheney Covered Up the JFK Assassination in the Wake of the Watergate Break-In" by Tegan Mathis.

http://www.amazon.com/Against-Them-Assassination-Break--ebook/dp/B006A1L8E0/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1327575195&sr=1-1

You can buy it on Amazon Kindle for $9.99. I skimmed parts of it and it looks to be excellent so far. Buy this book immediately; I did.

The author spends a lot of time deconstructing Lynn Cheney's book Executive Privilege. Lynn Cheney is the wife of Dick Cheney, the Vice President under George W. Bush and former Defense Secretary under George Herbert Walker Bush and former chief of staff under Gerald Ford.

I have only skimmed parts of this book but it looks to be excellent.

I always thought that crowd under Ford and Nixon knew what had happened in the JFK assassination. Notice how they kept showing up in high level politics for decades after Watergate.

Product Description:

"In 1974, Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein published All the President's Men, the real-life whodunit that introduced Deep Throat to the American people. A White House insider turned confidential informant, Deep Throat had provided the young Washington Post reporters with enough insider information about the Watergate break-in to force President Richard Nixon from the Oval Office. As a condition of receiving the information, they promised not to reveal Deep Throat's identity until after his death.

In the summer of 1999, Bob Woodward dropped in on a retired FBI official named Mark Felt at his home in Santa Rosa, California. During that visit, Woodward convinced Felt to assume the role of Deep Throat. Mired by health issues, the elderly Felt made his belated Deep Throat debut in the spring of 2005, telling the world, "I'm the guy they used to call Deep Throat."

By any cursory examination of the facts, Mark Felt was not Deep Throat. Felt had been a straight-laced FBI man, hopelessly loyal to J. Edgar Hoover's "Seat of Government." Deep Throat had been a chain-smoking Scotch drinker, supposedly disillusioned by the trappings of Washington politics.

In Against Them, Tegan Mathis reveals for the first time anywhere that Deep Throat was actually a hard-partying White House aide named Richard Bruce Cheney. When Bob Woodward asked Mark Felt to assume the role of Deep Throat, he only did so to provide cover for the next vice president of the United States of America. A few loose ends had to be tied down before the 2000 presidential election, so Bob made the extraordinary trip to Santa Rosa to cut a deal.

But that's just the beginning of the story. The author goes on to explain, through a meticulous examination of rather bizarre new evidence, how and why Alexander Haig, Bob Woodward, Donald Rumsfeld, and Richard Cheney used their bogus Deep Throat story to cover up the John F. Kennedy assassination in the wake of the Watergate break-in.

This is the book Americans have been waiting for since November 22, 1963."

You wasted your money, IMO. I'm 99.9% positive Cheney was not in a position to know what Deep Throat knew. It boggles my mind that people are always looking beyond Felt. Having the number 2 man in the FBI conspire against a sitting President is a HUGE story, but just not juicy enough for some, I guess.

Come on Pat lol....It "boggles" my mind how many people don't connect dots in this world and look beyond old tired Mark Felt. I'm shocked people would even dare not to look beyond felt considering Deepthroat's role. I'd definitely look at Haig, Cheney, Woodward, etc before Felt. Firstly, the public's 'red flags' should have went up the moment JFK people were involved., that = CIA lol. Look at Cheney lol.....you honestly believe he is a man that knows nothing? Take a glance, hell take a quick glance at his political life (public and not public) and tell me you don't get the slightest hint that Cheney is perhaps a man who knows more than the public think he does, especially considering how long he has been a "public" servant? Connect the dots. If he knows something of the JFK murder, I for one would never put it past him. Its not about "juicyness" its about common sense. Unless Felt is/will be proven to be CIA deep cover, etc etc. then he was basically "low level" (relatively speaking) compared to the real power players at that time. Woodward is definitely "CIA" (ONI perhaps?) and, to me, was a smelly rat throughout that entire saga up until today even. I also suppose you think nothing of....uh oh, guess who?, Cheney AND Rumsfield again during the Frank Olsen affair as well? Connecting dots?, well thats not terribly difficult, placing the dots in this or that part of the 'grand chessboard' well...that is another challenge in itself.

Edited by B. A. Copeland

Guest Robert Morrow

It strikes me that the Rockefellers are the big-oil internationalists here, compared to the Texas small-oil isolationists that they did business with.

The major foreign policy and intelligence players - Harriman, Dulles-Helms, Hoover, LBJ, Nixon, Bundy, McCloy, and others - are under the control of the Internationalist Tier, whatever these players' co-relations with the Isolationist Tier.

Both tiers would have suffered under the oil depletion allowance changes. But which tier installed the Federal Reserve? Which was most invested in a profit-making, map-changing war in Southeast Asia?

Approval, coordination, and coverup - Internationalist Tier?

Assassination planning and funding - Isolationist Tier?

Was the Isolationist Tier potentially a cut-out for the Internationalist Tier?

I think you are right on that - except that in 1963 H.L. Hunt individually was probably richer than any individual Rockefeller, although collectively the Rockefeller family had much more money. The Rockefeller "bankers" were really oil men - huge interests in Standard Oil and Exxon. The Texas "oil men," especially Clint Murchison, Sr. did a lot of innovative banking. Murchison was close personal friends with John J. McCloy, Rockefeller agent and chairman of the Council on Foreign Relations from 1953-1970.

I love job descriptions: "Approval, coordination, and coverup" for the East rockefellers/CIA/CFR complex and "Assassination planning and funding" for the Texas oil men H.L. Hunt and Murchison, Sr.

I object to the labels - internationalist and isolationist. True, the Rockefellers who gave the land for the United Nations in New York were much more globalist one-world government than say H.L. Hunt. Maybe you are on to something.

Here is what many JFK researchers tend to overlook: LYNDON JOHNSON was closely plugged in with both groups - the CIA/CFR establishment Rockefellers - very close to them. And also to the ultra-reactionary H.L. Hunt who had owned LBJ since the late 1940's when he was giving him free interests in lucrative oil deals. H.L. Hunt, who had his own intelligence network, was a combination of Jesse Helms, Strom Thurmond, Bull Conner and Curtis LeMay. In fact H.L. Hunt helped to fund the Vice presidential campaign of Curtis LeMay for the American Independent ticket in 1968, led by George Wallace.

I have a friend who is a long time John Bircher and she told me she was present in the early 1970's when Bunker Hunt, the son of H.L. Hunt, gave a $1 million check to the John Birch Society.

The nexus of the JFK assassination is Lyndon Johnson who was friends with all the critical players of the plotters and cover up society.

There is this FALSE DICHOTOMY between the east coast CIA/inner circle CFR/Rockefeller crowd and the Western, Texas oil H.L. Hunt reactionary John Birch faction.

THEY BOTH WANTED TO PUT A BULLET IN JOHN KENNEDY'S HEAD and both factions were closely aligned with Lyndon Johnson (and Hoover, too).

People get confused because they see the John Birch Society of today (and in years past) that has politically opposed the Council on Foreign Relations and the Rockefellers. But in 1963 the leadership of both factions were totally on board with the desire for Kennedy to go and both were aligned with their presidential water boy: Lyndon Baines Johnson. This unity of interest is represented by the close personal friends that LBJ had with both H.L. Hunt and Nelson Rockefeller.

Edited by Robert Morrow

Guest Robert Morrow

Ray Lee Hunt (born 1943).

I want you to read the curriculum vitae of Ray Lee Hunt, who is the son of H.L. Hunt. Read it closely and see all the hot button groups in intelligence, oil, and politics that he is associated with.

Here is Ray Lee Hunt's Wikipedia bio: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_Lee_Hunt

Think about H.L Hunt's relationship to the oil business, politics and intelligence and how they were all intertwined.

Now think about big time heavy hitter Ray Lee Hunt's relationship to the oil business, politics and intelligence and how they are all intertwined.

Does a lightbulb turn on in your head?

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Ray_L._Hunt

Ray Lee Hunt was about age 20, in school at SMU, in 1963 when JFK died. His dad, H.L. Hunt was one of LBJ's biggest supporters and closest friends. Ray Lee Hunt is very tied into the Bush family, so much so that GWB put him on the President's Foreign Intelligence Advisory Board, a plum position.

Ray Lee Hunt also is very active in the oil business in Yemen where he scored a gargantuan oil find, raising his net worth from maybe $200 million to $4 billion+

Just like LBJ looked out for H.L. Hunt's oil business, GWB looks out for Ray Lee Hunt's oil business.

People like me think LBJ, HL Hunt and CIA GHW Bush were all involved in the JFK assassination.

And their kids GWB, Ray Lee Hunt have incentive to keep the cover up going forever. I just heard Jeb Bush (2016) referred to as a "saint" among conservatives tonight on the TV by WashPost reporter Karen Tumulty.

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Ray_L._Hunt

Ray L. Hunt

From SourceWatch

Ray Lee Hunt is a "Dallas businessman whose association with Hunt Oil Company began in 1958 as a summer employee in the oil fields. He was educated at Southern Methodist University (SMU) and received a degree in economics in June 1965. While at SMU, he was designated a University Scholar, served on the student senate, received the Outstanding Business Student Award and was president of his fraternity, Phi Delta Theta.[1]

Hunt now serves as Chairman of the Board, President, and CEO of Hunt Consolidated, Inc.; Chairman of the Board and CEO of Hunt Oil Company; and Chairman of the Board, Chief Executive Officer and President, RRH Corporation. He has been Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Hunt Private Equity Group since its inception in 1990.[2]

Hunt was appointed in October 2001 by President George Walker Bush to the President's Foreign Intelligence Advisory Board.[3]

Hunt joined the Halliburton Company Board in 1998. He is Chairman of the Compensation Committee and member of the Audit and the Management Oversight Committees. He also serves as a member of the boards of directors of PepsiCo, Inc., King Ranch, Inc., Electronic Data Systems Corporation, the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, and Security Capital Group Incorporated.[2][1][3]

Hunt currently serves as a Member of the Board of Trustees of the Center for Strategic and International Studies in Washington, D.C.; the Board of Trustess for the George Bush Presidential Library Foundation;Cite error: Closing </ref> missing for <ref> tag at SMU Cox School of Business; the Board of Directors of the Texas Research League; the executive committee of the Southwestern Medical Foundation in Dallas; and the Board of Trustees of Southern Methodist University.[1]

Hunt has served as chairman of the National Petroleum Council in Washington, D.C. (an industry advisory organization for the Secretary of Energy) and served as its chairman from June 1991 to July 1994. In 1980-81 he served as president of the Domestic Petroleum Council [1] He is currently a member of the board of directors of the American Petroleum Institute. He also has served as president of the Dallas Petroleum Club.[1]

In 1987, Hunt was given The Order of Marib by the government of the Republic of Yemen. He is the only non-Yemeni ever to be so designated.[1]

Advisory Board, George W. Bush Institute [4]

================================================================================

Ray Lee Hunt bio in Wikipedia 2012:

Ray Lee Hunt (born 1943) inherited most of father H.L. Hunt's Hunt Oil Co. along with his three sisters. In 1982, Forbes magazine estimated Ray Hunt's family's total net worth to be $200 million. Ray made a huge oil find in Yemen in 1984. It took two years for Hunt, partnering with other companies, to lay a pipeline and build a refinery for the oil. In 2006 Forbes estimated that Ray’s family's net worth increased from $200 million to $4.6 billion. He is a graduate of Southern Methodist University, Dallas, TX, where he was a member of the Phi Delta Theta fraternity, and now serves on its Board of Trustees. Former owner of Southwest Media Corporation of Texas which D Magazine of Dallas, Houston City Magazine, Texas Homes and Sport Magazine.

He was a major backer of U.S. President George W. Bush and a member of the President's Foreign Intelligence Advisory Board.[1]

In September 2007, Ray struck an oil deal with the Kurdistan Regional Government in the disputed territories of Ninewa near Dahuk governorate with an estimated value of $8 to $14.5 billion. The federal Iraqi Oil minister has denounced this deal as illegal, because under current Iraqi law only the central government is authorized to enter into contracts, though the Kurdistan Region believes it has a constitutional right to do so. The Kurds refuse to share details about the deal but insist that they will share profits. Likewise, Hunt Oil has refused to answer questions about the deal from US government officials who called for details when the deal became public. A U.S. Congressional committee concluded that George W. Bush administration officials knew that Hunt oil was planning to sign the oil deal with the regional Kurdistan Regional Government that ran counter to American policy and undercut Iraq’s central government. The issue is still open and the State Department's Office of Inspector General is reviewing the issue.[2]

In November 2009, native Peruvians under the coalition of the Native Federation of the Rio Madre de Dios, (FENAMAD), issued an eviction notice to Ray Hunt and the Hunt Oil Company from the Amarakaeri Reserve. In the letter FENAMAD wrote, "Having peacefully exhausted all protest, without receiving any answer, we hereby communicate to you that we have agreed to a fifteen-day period for you to definitively withdraw from the Amarakaeria Communal Reserve since you do not have the indigenous community's consent."

A Press Release issued by Amazon Watch stated that "The Reserve was first established in 2002 after years of indigenous petitioning to protect the rainforest area of the vast Madre de Dios and Karene watersheds and to provide protected zones for the Harakmbut indigenous peoples to live, fish, and hunt. The area in dispute, besides being a declared nature reserve, crosses the headwaters of several important river basins, and lies in the buffer zones of Manu and Bahuaja Sonene National Parks, two of the most biodiverse national parks in the world."

Edited by Robert Morrow

Guest Robert Morrow

I think you are right on that - excepet that in 1963 H.L. Hunt individually was probably richer than any individual Rockefeller, although collectively the Rockefeller family had much more money. The Rockefeller "bankers" were really oil men - huge interests in Standard Oil and Exxon. The Texas "oil men," especially Clint Murchison, Sr. did a lot of innovative banking. Murchison was close personal friends with John J. McCloy, Rockefeller agent and chairman of the Council on Foreign Relations from 1953-1970.

I agree with most of your post, Robert (except for the LBJ = nexus angle),

but no Texas oil man came close to the wealth, power, or expertise of any

of the Rockefellers. Just because they hid their wealth extraordinarily well,

don't think that their pinkies weren't bigger or stronger than pawns like Hunt.

Oh sure, Hunt may have been rich, powerful, and crazy (note: I said may),

but each Rockefeller at that time (let's take Nelson and David though) was conservatively

worth perhaps 1-2 orders of magnitude more than Hunt. On top of that, they

controlled networks that were, by that time, more than half a century old.

There's really no comparison. It's like comparing Derek Jeter to George Steinbrenner.

On the night of 12/31/63 when Lyndon Johnson was spending some special time with his longtime mistress, Madeleine Duncan Brown, he did not tell her that the Rockefellers killed JFK. He said that it was the Texas oil men and "renegade intelligence bastards" (read CIA) in Washington DC that killed John Kennedy.

I go with the evidence and Madeleine Duncan Brown is very credible to me. Having said that, the Texas oil men and LBJ were so close to the Rockefellers that I think they knew about the killing of JFK and approved of it. But I am much more sure about the Texas oil men and of course, Johnson was in on it himself.

In the night of 12/31/63 or early in the morning of January 1, 1964, just 6 weeks after the JFK assassination, Madeleine asked Lyndon Johnson:

"Lyndon, you know that a lot of people believe you had something to do with President Kennedy's assassination."

He shot up out of bed and began pacing and waving his arms screaming like a madman. I was scared!

"That's bull___, Madeleine Brown!" he yelled. "Don't tell me you believe that ____!"

"Of course not." I answered meekly, trying to cool his temper.

"It was Texas oil and those %$%& renegade intelligence bastards in Washington." [said Lyndon Johnson, the new president; Texas in the Morning, p. 189] [LBJ told this to Madeleine on 1/1/64 in the locally famous Driskill Hotel, Austin, TX in room #254. They spent New Year's Eve `64 together here (12/31/63).

Room #254 was the room that LBJ used to have rendezvous’ with his girlfriends - today it is known as the LBJ Room, and rents for $600-1,000/night as a Presidential suite at the Driskill; located on the Mezzanine Level.]

Edited by Robert Morrow

I bought it as I was starting to delve into Watergate, through Hougan and Caddy's work...

I thought it was a joke, honestly.

I wrote on my FB page.."without a doubt, the most insane book I've read for a decade....why it wasn't called the "Cheney Code" I've no idea.....Lynne Cheney reveals all of Watergate's secrets in code form in her book "Executive Privilege"...

I was asking for others thoughts on the author...he stretches credibility beyond any sense. Has anyone heard more about this writer?...

Guest Robert Morrow

Folks, I have not read this book yet. The concept is very interesting. The key point is that Lynne Cheney wrote a book, Executive Privilege, in 1979 in code about the JFK assassination, Executive Privilege. There are some things I do not agree with in this book, but if for no other reason it puts the spotlight on Lynne Cheney, it is worth the $9.99 off Kindle. Soon to be in book form.

That alone is signficant. I have ordered a copy of her book. You can get her book here.

http://www.amazon.com/Executive-Privilege-Lynne-cheney/dp/0671240609/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1327777219&sr=1-1 Apparently, Lynne Cheney's book is a roman a clef, a "novel with a key."

Dick Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld were key aides to Gerald Ford back in the 1970's. Gerald Ford, of course, was the FBI insider & CIA insider & CFR man who helped to cover up the JFK assassination.

I would think those guys, perhaps Cheney his chief of staff, would know something about the JFK assassination.

Here is an email from "Tegan Mathis" (probably a nom de plume) to me on 1/28/12:

Mr. Morrow,

I ran across your post (and your email address) in the Education Forum during a web search and decided to share a couple thoughts about the ongoing thread.

First of all, thank you for bringing attention to Against Them. I welcome all opinions, and I have no misconceptions about how difficult it is going to be to get people to take this book seriously. After all, who in his or her right mind is going to believe that Dick Cheney's wife once wrote a cryptic novel about the JFK assassination? It's a ridiculous suggestion. But the fact of the matter is that she did. She really did.

And while Richard Cheney is definitely Deep Throat, I think it's important for people to understand that there never really was a Deep Throat. Bob Woodward never really did meet with a secret informant in DC parking garages. That story was constructed after the fact to keep attention off Alexander Haig (and Caspar Weinberger). Richard Cheney (and Mark Felt, to a lesser extent) provided the inspiration for the Deep Throat character. This is all explained in my book.

The great challenge, of course, is getting people to take the time to read it. The truth is much stranger than the fiction, so most people are content with the fiction. And that's why the assassins haven't been brought to justice.

"Tegan"

P.S. A print version will hopefully be available very soon.

Edited by Robert Morrow

Hmm, good to see the Author monitoring this thread....

"And while Richard Cheney is definitely Deep Throat, I think it's important for people to understand that there never really was a Deep Throat"

Typical of the prose in the book....

As you know, Robert, I read all and everything that comes along...and was dipping my toe in Watergate...

It has made me interested in Cheney's book, at some future date...but this work itself stretches absurdity to a new ground...sorry to say...it's a hard book to even review...if someone Is writing a roman a clef, I'm suspicious when Only one writer to the exclusion of others has unlocked it.

The Bible code for Political history...

A lot of the subjects I'm interested in usually come around to having a book that claims all is revealed in someone else work...but you have to decode it first....

I've little more to add than that is probably a waste for most people...

a couple of bucks?..sure, why not...but I can see A Lot of flak heading Mathis's way....

Guest Robert Morrow

Hmm, good to see the Author monitoring this thread....

"And while Richard Cheney is definitely Deep Throat, I think it's important for people to understand that there never really was a Deep Throat"

Typical of the prose in the book....

As you know, Robert, I read all and everything that comes along...and was dipping my toe in Watergate...

It has made me interested in Cheney's book, at some future date...but this work itself stretches absurdity to a new ground...sorry to say...it's a hard book to even review...if someone Is writing a roman a clef, I'm suspicious when Only one writer to the exclusion of others has unlocked it.

The Bible code for Political history...

A lot of the subjects I'm interested in usually come around to having a book that claims all is revealed in someone else work...but you have to decode it first....

I've little more to add than that is probably a waste for most people...

a couple of bucks?..sure, why not...but I can see A Lot of flak heading Mathis's way....

If this book does nothing else than alert us to the fact/possibility that Lynne Cheney wrote a roman a clef about the JFK assassination then it is a worthy effort. I was reading some stuff Mathis' book that I did not agree with. It might take me a while to get to it.

Here is my latest bibliography of the JFK assassination: http://lyndonjohnsonmurderedjfk.blogspot.com/ I plan to keep adding to get it up to several thousand books all JFK related or "deep politics" related.

I think that people spend too much time read "JFK only" books. That is not good. Jim DiEugenio does an excellent job of recommending "other" books that tell you WHY the JFK assassination occurred. DiEugenio often mentions JFK: Ordeal in Africa or Don Gibson's Battling Wall Street. Those 2 books show that John Kennedy and his Administration were at crosshairs with the business and foreign policy establishment consensus of his times... in a BIG way.

The book I recommend is "Power Beyond Reason: The Mental Collapse of Lyndon Johnson" by D. Jablow Hershman. It is must read or even a "must skim." Once you read that book you will understand that Lyndon Johnson was a psychopath in the classic sense of the word, capable of doing ANYTHING.

http://www.amazon.com/Power-Beyond-Reason-Collapse-Johnson/dp/1569802432

Another thing that is helpful for folks is understanding Gen. Smedley Butler's rejection of the Businessman's plot of 1933 - that was a precursor to the JFK assassination. That plot got swept under the rug and ignored by both press and academia. Yet it was critically important.

Additionally, google "Chip Tatum Pegasus" and familiarize yourself with how George Herbert Walker Bush was literally ready to murder Ross Perot in 1992 if he did not get out of the race - which Perot did in July, 1992. Perot knew all about the Bush/Clinton CIA drug smuggling.

An incensed Perot later got in the race ONLY to make sure Bill Clinton was elected. Perot and Clinton used to speak every day on the phone towards the end of the election. It was all about payback to GHW Bush who Perot rightfully detested.

Too bad we got Clinton out of that ...

My point is that you can learn a lot about the JFK assassination when you branch off into quality books that on the peripherary of the JFK assass, yet give you great insight into a certain aspect of it (books on CIA, CFR, biographies of key players, books on foreign policy, books on "deep politics" that have been covered up post JFK assassination.

Another fabulous book is "Barry and the Boys" about the life of CIA pilot and legendary drug smuggler Barry Seal. Barry Seal was murdered in Feb, 1986, outside his halfway house in New Orleans. I think the Bushes - GHW Bush and Jeb Bush and Oliver North in particular arranged for Columbians to murder Seal.

http://www.amazon.com/Barry-Boys-Americas-Secret-History/dp/0970659105 Some folks think a young Barry Seal flew a "get away" plane from Dallas on 11/22/63. It's possible.

Edited by Robert Morrow

I have most of those...I'm spreading out with books written by others involved in the war on Castro, Ed Arthur, Martino..etc...also...I agree, we need a full view of the time, place, personages....

You're bibliography is helpful..I have a encyclopedia type blog..eventually I'll have links to as many books as I can get...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Robert Morrow

The print edition of Against Them is now available for $23.95. I have the Kindle version but I have not completed it yet. It is an interesting book, although I am not saying I agree with everything in it. But it does alert us to Lynne Cheney's book, which apparently is about the JFK assassination.

http://www.amazon.com/Against-Them-Alexander-Assassination-Break/dp/1469934647