The Education Forum

Is this receipt for the Mystery Package

Ok, I'll try to follow that and have set aside a few hours now.

I won't tilt the images because of the inevitable artifacts until a final image is ready for posting

edit add: Could you also post a link to the best full envelope photo too please?

Edited by John Dolva

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Tom. I'll have to say goodnight for now.

Tom, I am sure you already knew, but I have not seen reference to it in a quick perusal of this thread, that 601 turned upside down and backwards yields the number "109".

109 was the number of the JFK's Patrol Boat in WWII. The movie "PT 109" had just been released in the summer of 1963.

Tom, I think you have the necessary skill set to do the graphics and what may seem difficult will quickly become not so. I think in the long run it is better all around if you do the graphics. I think that doing it will set you free to do more in the future.

What do you think?

edit add I still wish to help, and I think helping you do it if necessary is in the end best imo. I and others can help with techniques. I think that, if it happens will be a benefit to a number of people without diverting from the basic points you wish to make. So, I'm not bailing out at all, but rather helping in a way I think is more helpful. ?

Edited by John Dolva

I continue to find this package intriguing. There doesn't seem to be anything but speculation about its significance.

I wonder where it is today?

Hi John, sorry for not responding – I’ve had computer problems.

The package seems to be at NARA. My information is that Fred Newcomb got photos of the package and label from NARA some years ago, and that last year, Fred’s son was supposedly in the process of publishing a DVD containing much of his father’s research, including the photos. I’ve been sitting idly by, waiting for that to happen. Some better photographs are essential for figuring out weather or not the package contains intended messages.

I’ve seen enough signs to convince at least myself that the package and label were carefully constructed for a purpose, and even though I’ve made some stabs at decoding the messages, I’m perfectly willing to be wrong about everything I’ve claimed to suspect the meaning is. My real goal has been to start a dialogue so that brains better than mine would take a closer look at it, decide if it was created with intent, and if so, decode its meaning.

To that end, rather than posting any more name-anagram possibilities and suspected decoding procedures, I think I’ll go searching again for a better photo. In a few days, I intend to post a short history of the package and my beliefs about it.

Tom

....The package seems to be at NARA. My information is that Fred Newcomb got photos of the package and label from NARA some years ago, and that last year, Fred’s son was supposedly in the process of publishing a DVD containing much of his father’s research, including the photos. I’ve been sitting idly by, waiting for that to happen. Some better photographs are essential for figuring out weather or not the package contains intended messages.

Tom, as you know Murder From Within was reprinted, updated and published a few months ago. I thumbed through it and I don't think there was a picture of the package.

And if there had been, the resolution would not have been what you were looking for.

I suspect you are planning to contact Tyler Newcomb directly. As of the book's re-release, his father Fred was still living.

Thank you Michael, I didn’t know any of this. I had it in my mind that Fred had passed on, but now that you've jogged my memory, I think Tyler may have said his father was in a retirement community out West here someplace. And yes, I was planning to contact Tyler. The last I heard, Bill Kelly had been in touch with Tyler about the photos and other matters, and there was talk of a DVD, not a book. Michael, are you suggesting that I try contacting Fred Newcomb directly?

Perhaps I should also ask this: Does anyone personally know either Fred or Tyler Newcomb and be willing to try to get good copies of the two photos under discussion, the package and the label?

Tom

Edited by Tom Hume