The Education Forum

David Lifton Zapruder film symposium in 2003

Kathy, what is your take on why there was no interviews of spectators at Love Field awaiting the return of JFK & no media interest in his parade car that he was ambushed & murdered in? TV coverage appears to have ended at Parkland with the spectators interviewed that exists in the original TV coverage broadcasts. The media filmed JFK's entourage leaving Parkland with the casket but apparently did not follow it to Love Field & continue filming there. Why is that? There's no footage of JFK's parade car being uploaded onto the C-130 that transported it & the SS followup car out of Love Field either (same aircraft that transported both cars into Love Field). If the crowds that greeted JFK at Love Field just a short time earlier were hanging around awaiting his return after his Trade Mart speech, shouldn't there have been media & spectators there at Love Field awaiting his return to fly out of Dallas? Also, why isn't the media on AF-1 reporting on the swearing in of LBJ? Isn't the swearing in a new President newsworthy?

Some of my text dropped off during the transmission of my previous post. To clarify what I was both stating & asking; JFK was expected to arrive in Dallas at Love Field, motorcade to the Trade Mart & give a brief speech, then motorcade back to Love Field to depart Dallas. It's not unreasonable to expect both spectators, police security & the media would be present on the return to Love Field from the Trade Mart yet there is footage of such. Even while JFK was being worked on at Parkland these same people would be expected to be in the vicinity of the Presidential entourage leaving Parkland to return to Love Field (both AF-1 & AF-2 were parked at Love Field; both transported the JFK entourage into Dallas & not unreasonable to expect them both to transport the entourage out. There should have been people along that route back to Love Field & at the airport. Mixed in should have been security & the media. Regardless if the entourage was followed or not leaving Parkland, they were expected to return to Love Field. At Love Field should have been spectators, security & media. Where is the TV coverage of the Presidential entourage returning to Love Field, loading JFK's casket aboard AF-1, the uploading of the JFK parade car onto the C-130 cargo transporter & the swearing in of LBJ? Not to mention interviews with the spectators at Love Field (inside or outside the perimeter)?

Was Dallas on 'lockdown' at the time? If so, is there evidence of who was issuing commands & what those commands were (such as the Dallas police audio tapes)?

Kathy what follows is notes from first 30 minutes or so of NBC broadcast, this was shorthanded to capture the main points, I bolded the disinformation broadcast as truth.

This disinformation mirrors CBS and ABC proclamations.

This disinformation had a purpose and that was to confound and confuse the unsuspecting viewer, this was not three national news organizations temporarily out of control.

Also note there is really very little good information, listen yourself and listen to exactly what they claim as truth.

JFK - shot

Mrs Kennedy - Oh no - HOW DID THEY KNOW THIS SO QUICKLY?

shots - 2

JC - hit in chest

Weapon - automatic

SS - had no chance to return fire

shots - 3

slumped

shot before entering a triple underpass

Man and women scramble on walk way

limo was open

catholic priests called

reporters reached car at hospital

Shots - fired at 12:45

shots fired as car was going under underpass

shots - came as motorcade made its way thru huge crowds

JC was seated on far side from JFK

Shots - came from a window of building overlooking parade route

Police fanned out around the area - no they rushed to rail yard!

Police - witnesses saw man with a gun in the window <- BRENNAN and a ninth grader EUINS out of 4-600 witnesses in DP there are two that look to the window - BS

The motorcade immediately speeded up - no it speeded up after supposedly three shots had been fired. They also neglect to announce the motorcade also slowed or halted as a result of the gunfire...even though every reporter in the motorcade would have known this as a fact!

parkland

shots - 3

shots - 4

shooter was a white man

Policeman said it was a high powered rifle

Pic shown of motorcade

JFK - emergency room - Gov - operating room

Police arrest man

Shooter had a high powered rifle

Arrested man says he can prove hes innocent

Jean Hill interview WBAP

Shots came from grassy knoll

shots - 2 hit JFK

Shot - more shots after JFK was hit <------------------

saw a man running on the grassy knoll

Police arrest man

weapon 30 30

JFK - last rites

JC - shot in the shoulder blade in the back

Edited by Robert Mady

Hello there, Kathy. That was great info you presented for download & I am sure it will help a lot of people interested in the JFK case. I will try to answer your question briefly & not drop too many of my own opinions in my answer as I am not a researcher. I will admit that it's been a long time since I read Manchester's 'Death Of A President' & I don't remember that much about it. Back in the mid 1960's that was the primary source of a lot of information on JFK's visit to, ambush & departure from Dallas. A lot more information has been published in the decades since.

When this topic was discussed in high school, what alarmed some of my educators became apparent as some students served in the military, city or state police or government. What may seem suspicious when comparing today's disaster response or command & control procedures could in fact be nothing more than changes in the way things are done today versus how they were done 'back in the day'. Things do change. This is where education helps younger people understand the history of events. Education is what this forum is all about.

The most common comments I have read about this topic center around the perception that the local & national media 'dropped the ball' from Parkland to Love Field & focused on DPD prisoner Lee Oswald. The perception is Oswald distracted the attention on the just killed & new President. As far as Presidential & entourage security, there is a common belief today that LBJ's swearing in at Love Field was unnecessary & that he, new & old 1st Lady & all dignitaries should have been transported (by vehicle or air) to nearby Carswell AFB where the military could insure their security & seclusion from the public for as long as was needed to determine the extent of persons involved in ambushing the Presidential motorcade. JFK's autopsy should have been performed at Carswell by Dr. Rose too & Texas laws would have been upheld. As per the Constitution, LBJ became President the instant JFK lost his life; the swearing in could have waited. If it was done to show the world that the US Government was still functioning, then why wasn't the TV networks broadcasting this fact from somewhere close to the action; LBJ now being 'the action'.

I vividly recall my educators in Middle School calling students in from recess & announcing that JFK had been attacked in Dallas. Where I was living with my parents at the time not many of my classmates had any idea of where Dallas was. We were sent home by terrified educators afraid the USA was about to be attacked with nuclear weapons from the Soviet Union and/or Cuba. This fear may have lost its meaning because of the end of the Cold War.

I hope I covered close to everything in this reply, Kathy. I have seen in YouTube videos that a search for information about the C-130 cargo plane that transported JFK's touring car, several passengers & 2 Secret Service agents along with the SS follow-up car is underway. It is hoped among the persons on that flight might turn photos of the ambushed JFK car or information that can help answer questions about a bullet hole being in the windshield or not. There are so many different ambush analysis scenarios on the Internet, in books & TV documentaries that it's no wonder the global public is confused & suspicious about many aspects of JFK's demise (if not all aspects).

Hello Brad:

If you want to take a somewhat different look at journalists and the Kennedy assassination, I would recommend you read Barbie Zelizer's Covering The Body - The Kennedy Assassination, The Media, and the Shaping of Collective Memory.[university of Chicago Press, 1992/1993.] If you have done so already, I apologize for the repetition.

Gary Murr

Kathy

You may excuse whomever you choose, to me the news media and entertainment industry has become the greatest enemy the American citizen has ever faced.

IF you recall my focus on the news reader was on RATHER who knowingly with malice openly lied to the American public about what he observed in the Zapruder film while not disclosing vital information that may have resulted in demands from the American public for a full immediate disclosure.

YES the news readers read the script, who was writing the scripts or where were the scripts coming from?

You don't think ABC, NBC and CBS at various levels understood exactly what was really happening?

The majority of the American public knew almost at once and with absolute certainty after OSWALD was murdered that KENNEDY was killed as a result of a conspiracy, but the news media could not comprehend this and continue to deny the reality of conspiracy even today.

Sorry it is just inexcusable, The news media as we know must be dismantled in tiny independent segments with full autonomy from government and corporate corruption.

Edited by Robert Mady

FWIW, Brad, I have a detailed analysis of the aftermath of the assassination in chapter 21. Johnson and later Kennedy's body were sped to the airport without fanfare. No one in the media was told where they were going. Acting Press Secretary Malcolm Kilduff and White House photographer Cecil Stoughton made sure the swearing-in was recorded, and photographed, and then broadcast around the world.

There is nothing suspicious in these activities, by themselves. What I find most suspicious, however, is Johnson's willingness to lie about these events, not only among friends, but in his statement to the Warren Commission. He claimed, for example, that he first saw Mrs. Kennedy on the plane while accompanied by his wife, when the truth, according to Jackie and a member of the plane's staff, and then confirmed by Johnson's secretary, Marie Fehmer, was that he was in the bedroom dictating to Fehmer when Mrs. Kennedy came in and surprised them.

Edited by Pat Speer

I taped the same 6 hours of NBC coverage that Kathy is referring to, sometime back in the 1980s. The History Channel used to air it around every anniversary. To be fair to those reporters, the technology was primitive and they probably didn't have the capability to conduct a bunch of remote interviews.

However, overall the media in 1963 did a pathetic job; they established the pattern for the next fifty years, with their absolute failure to question anything the authorities were saying, or do any investigating themselves. If there had been a Harold Weisberg or a Sylvia Meagher on the staff of The New York Times or CBS News, and they were permitted to act like real journalists, this case would have been solved a long time ago.

The lapdog nature of the press was best illustrated by the December 11, 1963 FBI teletype to J. Edgar Hoover, proudly boasting that NBC had promised to "televise only those items which are in consonance with bureau report (on the assassination)." It certainly seems as if every television network adhered to that, and abides by it even now.

But to get this thread back on topic, thanks to Douglas Caddy for sharing the video. That was David Lifton at his best.

Don, I currently trust information and conjecture from only a very few JFK researchers and Mr. Lifton is one of these people.

Lifton proposed the alteration of JFK's body which must have been shocking at the time and I would guess he took a lot of abuse for publishing Best Evidence. He is a meticulous researcher and a fine writer and I am personally thankful for his contributions.

I think he is a true American Hero for standing up and standing firm on what he uncovered. Lifton provided a gigantic leap in knowledge that was necessary to piece together the assassination mystery.

Lifton mentions working on another book or two, I look forward to seeing them soon.

I do wish he would address the questions posted.

Don, it must be the case that any news readers job is not to editorialize or openly dispute material placed in front of them to read, it is not the news readers that bear the brunt of criticism, it is the news media as a whole that aligned their industry with the conspiracy and cover-up efforts.

RATHER is different, he saw the reality depicted in the Zapruder Film and made a conscious choice to boldly lie to the American Public to help sell the fiction of the lone nut theory, he sold his soul for some reason.

It is also a fault of the American Public for blindly trusting that which appears on our screens to be truth!

I believe to make excuses for the utter failure of the news media to present FACTS to the American Public is misguided sympathy in that a quick review of news casts show that they barraged the American Public with disinformation that without doubt was intended to confuse and confound us so that we could not understand what happened or what was happening. The news media in effect made sure that the American Public was neutralized to assure a smooth transfer of power, news media has maintained one continuous uninterrupted lie to prevent the truth from gaining effect.

You are totally missing the reality of news media, the news media did not do a pathetic job they did their job and they did it superbly, results speak for themselves. You still are believing the news media is to disseminate news when in reality the news media primary function is to shape public opinion for the benefit of governmental powers and corporations.

Edited by Robert Mady