The Education Forum

New Kennedy Books (An Ongoing List)

Waldron has written over 1700 pages on this case in his last two books. What else does he have to say that deserves a new book for the 50th?

Good point.

But maybe he was able to find 20 or 30 more people that he can pretend had direct "connections" to the assassination. After all, the well of imagined suspects never runs dry for CTers.

Clint Hill just wrote a book.

Two of them (in late 2010 and April 2012).

Man, is Lisa McCubbin some bad news or what?

Or what.

Edited by David Von Pein

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But there are so many non-distinctive books that a really good book would likely be passed over in all the busyness.

I guess it depends on your definition of "non-distinctive". To some, Roger Stone's loony book up there about LBJ might be considered a classic. (Robert Morrow probably will think so.) While to others, it's not worthy to line the bird cage.

Take Vince Palamara's overboard critique of Doug Horne's five volumes of body-altering garbage (with this review being written in 2009, after Vince P. had already fully endorsed and praised Vincent Bugliosi's book two years earlier):

"Douglas P. Horne, the author of this latest masterpiece, "Inside The Assassination Records Review Board," has achieved a literary feat worthy of a Pulitzer Prize. His 5 volume study (5 books in one, so to speak) reads almost like the Defense's side of the case; the perfect answer to the Prosecution's ("Reclaiming History") masterful plea to the bench. I am amazed and highly impressed with the book as both a very inspired, well put together piece of art (it's a great read!) AND for the substance--and length---of the (counter) argument." -- Vincent M. Palamara; December 16, 2009

Complete review (full of hilarity):

http://www.amazon.com/review/R23U3HRSNOQ2X3

So, as we can see, one man's Pulitzer Prize winner is another man's trash.

Edited by David Von Pein

Guest Robert Morrow

"To some, Roger Stone's loony book up there about LBJ might be considered a classic."

I think both Richard Nixon and Barry Goldwater thought Lyndon Johnson murdered John Kennedy. And as close as Roger Stone was to Nixon in the 1970's, I think he will give us some insights into Nixon's thoughts. Nixon would refer to the JFK assassination as the "whole Bay of Pigs thing" and when Nixon was asked about the Warren Report, he would just snort and say "It's bullxxxx." As I often remind folks, LBJ participation and an angry CIA/military intelligence over Cuba policy are not mutually exclusive concepts when it comes to the JFK assassination. In fact, that is exactly how I think it went down.

Here is Nixon joking about LBJ killing JFK in an oblique way:

Lyndon Johnson knew all about the Nixon campaign's dirty dealing to subvert the Vietnamese peace process in 1968. So what was LBJ going to do? Expose Nixon on this? And have Nixon say, well so what, YOU murdered John Kennedy!

As for Barry Goldwater's thoughts on who murdered JFK:

Sen. Barry Goldwater (1973) was convinced that Lyndon Johnson was behind the JFK assassination

Goldwater told Jeffrey Hoff that in October, 1973

At the 2012 Dallas JFK Lancer conference I ran into JFK researcher Jeffrey Hoff of Arizona. Jeffrey Hoff was a leadership position in the local Cochise County Democratic Club from 1980-1983. He used to be a member of SDS in the 1960's. Now he installs "off the grid" solar systems. I briefly interviewed Hoff on Saturday, November 17, 2012 in Dallas, TX, at the JFK Lancer conference.

Jeffrey Hoff told me that in October, 1973 he met Barry Goldwater at a Republican political picnic in Willcox in Cochise County, AZ. I asked him how he ended up at a Republican picnic and he told me his friend Louise Parker, a friend and "real estate lady" from an Arizona "pioneer" family, had invited him. She said do you want to meet Barry Goldwater? Hoff said yes.

When Hoff met Sen. Barry Goldwater, Hoff, who had a keen interest in the JFK assassination, brought up that topic. Sen. Barry Goldwater told Hoff in October, 1973, that he (Goldwater) was convinced that Lyndon Johnson was behind the JFK assassination and that the Warren Commission was a complete cover up. Hoff got the impression that Goldwater had told others privately the same thing. I asked Hoff how confident was Goldwater when he was making these statements. Answer: Goldwater was very confident.

Jeffrey Hoff currently (2012) lives about 35 miles from Pierce, AZ. Lyndon Johnson died in January, 1973. J. Edgar Hoover had died in May, 1972. Allen Dulles died in January, 1969.

Barry Goldwater also read and complimented Fred Newcomb's book Murder From Within (1974) on the JFK assassination. Newcomb pointed the finger at the Secret Service, with deep suspicions of LBJ.

Barry Goldwater: "... the book ... seems to be very concise, detailed and documented" which he told Fred Newcomb in a letter complimenting his book. (Sen. Jesse Helms and Russell Long also read this book according to Tyler Newcomb, the son of Fred Newcomb.)

The book has been re-released (2011) and retitled as "Murder From Within: Lyndon Johnson's Plot Against President Kennedy."

Barry Goldwater column “Leftist Dementia” on Dec. 19, 1963 blames JFK assassination on “a single kill-crazy Communist.”

http://news.google.c...goldwater&hl=en

Goldwater sure changed his tune 10 years later (at least privately) and per Jeffrey Hoff.

Edited by Robert Morrow

But there are so many non-distinctive books that a really good book would likely be passed over in all the busyness.

I guess it depends on your definition of "non-distinctive". To some, Roger Stone's loony book up there about LBJ might be considered a classic. (Robert Morrow probably will think so.) While to others, it's not worthy to line the bird cage.

Take Vince Palamara's overboard critique of Doug Horne's five volumes of body-altering garbage (with this review being written in 2009, after Vince P. had already fully endorsed and praised Vincent Bugliosi's book two years earlier):

"Douglas P. Horne, the author of this latest masterpiece, "Inside The Assassination Records Review Board," has achieved a literary feat worthy of a Pulitzer Prize. His 5 volume study (5 books in one, so to speak) reads almost like the Defense's side of the case; the perfect answer to the Prosecution's ("Reclaiming History") masterful plea to the bench. I am amazed and highly impressed with the book as both a very inspired, well put together piece of art (it's a great read!) AND for the substance--and length---of the (counter) argument." -- Vincent M. Palamara; December 16, 2009

Complete review (full of hilarity):

http://www.amazon.co.../R23U3HRSNOQ2X3

So, as we can see, one man's Pulitzer Prize winner is another man's trash.

you're getting perilously close to that chickee-poo deep fryer again, son. What remaining brain cells are left need CT re-alignment...

Another brilliant say-nothing post from David "Zapruder Wasn't Even On The Pedestal" Healy.

If we were to remove the terms "hon", "poo", "deep fryer", ".John wannabe", and "carry on, son" from Healy's vocabulary, we'd have nothing left at all.

And this is a guy who actually had something he wrote PUBLISHED in a JFK book?

Yikes! Those poor readers!

Edited by David Von Pein

Another brilliant say-nothing post from David "Zapruder Wasn't Even On The Pedestal" Healy.

If we were to remove the terms "hon", "poo", "deep fryer", ".John wannanbe", and "carry on, son" from Healy's vocabulary, we'd have nothing left at all.

And this is a guy who actually had something he wrote PUBLISHED in a JFK book?

Yikes! Those poor readers!

you finally recognized .john-ites... congrat's Von Pein. You've attained deep fryer employee of the month, will that be plain or crispy, xxxxx?

Yep, we've kept you nutter-trolls busy defending the ridiculous 1964 Warren Commission Report/Fiasco for the past 10 years, that's a fact!

Edited by David G. Healy

I think most people would understand that a book like the Douglass book is a distinctive effort, even if we really don't like it a lot.

THat book was not timed with any anniversary.

It became popular by word of mouth and online notices.

But most of these things, I mean, like I said, they appear to be written simply because of the anniversary.

I revised and expanded my book since there was so much more new ARRB stuff in that field.

But these books? Its like the ARRB did not exist.

Yes indeed, Jim, the contributions of the ARRB are most vital to the case for reinvigorating research. I have no doubt your book is the better for it, and I believe that is why Horne's 5 volumes will have a lasting impact for many reasons, not the least of which is the Boyajian report, trashed by Livingston in his critique of Horne but ably --superbly defended --in the Amazon reviews of same lamentable Livingston tripe. I'm sure Livingston wishes the ARRB would just go away.

Guest Robert Morrow

Jerome Corsi has a book coming out on the JFK this fall and it is most certainly not a lone nutter book:

"In Who Really Killed Kennedy?, No. 1 New York Times bestselling author Jerome R. Corsi, Ph.D., provides readers with the ultimate JFK assassination theory book. One-by-one, each chapter will examine the strongest arguments regarding the killing of JFK, including theories surrounding the mob, the CIA, Cuban radicals, LBJ, right-wing extremists and more. By book's end, Who Really Killed Kennedy? will provide convincing analysis that existing evidence rules out the possibility that JFK was killed by a lone assassin. Fifty years after this epic American tragedy, there's still a gunman on the loose."

This is quite important because it is coming from the right wing of American politics. And I think the odds are extremely low that Corsi is going to pin it on Fidel Castro or the Russians.

http://www.amazon.com/Who-Really-Killed-Kennedy-Assassination/dp/193806710X/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1367219025&sr=1-1-fkmr0&keywords=jerome+corsi+jfk+assassination

• 2 weeks later...