The Education Forum

Who Was [Is?] Willie Randall?

While researching on the Mannlicher-Carcano, I came across Warren Commission exhibit CE 1331:

CE 1331

What I found interesting was that the SS was seeking not only records of transactions dealing with Lee Harvey Oswald, but those dealing as well with one Willie Randall. A Google search on "Willie Randall" turned up only references to a jazz musician by that name.

I attempted to search the archives here on the forum for Willie Randall as well, but came up empty handed.

Anyone have a clue why the Secret Service was also interested in Willie Randall, in association with the Mannlicher-Carcano and/or the scope?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While researching on the Mannlicher-Carcano, I came across Warren Commission exhibit CE 1331:

CE 1331

What I found interesting was that the SS was seeking not only records of transactions dealing with Lee Harvey Oswald, but those dealing as well with one Willie Randall. A Google search on "Willie Randall" turned up only references to a jazz musician by that name.

I attempted to search the archives here on the forum for Willie Randall as well, but came up empty handed.

Anyone have a clue why the Secret Service was also interested in Willie Randall, in association with the Mannlicher-Carcano and/or the scope?

It would appear that the Klein's Sporting Good's 'How Oswald Got His Rifle that Killed Kennedy' crap

led to a proverbial rat's nest of other possibilities?

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...bsPageId=336164

Any other clues as to why Willie Randall was a person of interest to the SS?

• 1 year later...

Guessing that this was William Randall [not Randle], Linnie Mae's husband, and Buell Wesley Frazier's Brother-in-Law.

http://www.jfk-assassination.de/warren/wch/vol2/page211.php

No mention of a scope. and nothing on the husband at all anywhere...

We made a thorough search of Frazier's car with negative results, the proceeded to Frazier's home, 2439 West 5th, Irving (1/2 block from the Paine home) and made a search of the Randle home (also Frazier home) and confiscated a 303 calibre rifle, full clip, and partial box 303 calibre ammunition belonging to Wesley Frazier (placed in Property Room).

Is Mae Randall's name mispelled throughout the Whitewash?

CE 1331

Mark,

Can't help you regarding Randall but in that document you posted, I noticed that SA Horn contacted Manuel Pena from the Los Angeles Police department one day after the assassination.

Pena of course was the one with Agency connections who ran the investigation into the killing of RFK. Small world.

James

Lee, yes I realize her name was spelled Randle so unless one was a spelling error I guess there is no connection there. But the fact that her husband's name was William is certainly curious.

William Randle

Wiilie Randall

Hmmm!!

Food for thought anyway.

Hi Tim - actually the reverse - I believe the spelling of her name was RANDALL - not Randel. Try a google search on Linnie Mae 'Randall' for example. Duke Lane may know the answer.

- lee

Did anyone else ever notice that the SOLE U.S. importer of the riflescope founf on the MC rifle mentioned only ONE other customer for them, besides Klein's Sporting goods? That one customer: Dave's House of Guns, in Dallas, TX!

Yet here's the affidavit of David Goldstein, owner of Dave's House of Guns:

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/goldst_d.htm

Funny that Dave WASN'T ASKED about the MC or any Jap riflescope at all...but was ONLY questioned about Oswald's handgun.

That might just indicate that the FBI really didn't WANT Dave Goldstein's answers about the MC or the riflescope on the record.

Maybe Dave Goldstein had a record of transactions with Willie Randall/Randle, too...?

Lee, yes I realize her name was spelled Randle so unless one was a spelling error I guess there is no connection there. But the fact that her husband's name was William is certainly curious.

William Randle

Wiilie Randall

Hmmm!!

Food for thought anyway.

Hi Tim - actually the reverse - I believe the spelling of her name was RANDALL - not Randel. Try a google search on Linnie Mae 'Randall' for example. Duke Lane may know the answer.

- lee

LINNIE M RANDALL 04 Dec 1909 29 Apr 1993 75862 (Trinity, Trinity, TX) (none specified) 461-40-2208 Texas

Just a curious coincidence. Her affidavit is signed 'Randle.' Plus this Linnie M Randall is much older. Of course they also spelled her name "Lionie" and "Lennie" Mae, and who knows what this is: LEON RANDLE, LENNIE MAY. There is one doc with Wesley Randle.

These could be interesting...

AGENCY : FBI

RECORD NUMBER : 124-10013-10331

RECORDS SERIES : HQ

AGENCY FILE NUMBER : 62-109060-674

DOCUMENT INFORMATION

ORIGINATOR : FBI

TO : [No To]

TITLE : [No Title]

DATE : 11/23/1963

PAGES : 3

DOCUMENT TYPE : PAPER, TEXTUAL DOCUMENT

SUBJECTS : LHO, POST-RP, ASSOC, PERSONAL, JFK, SUSPECTS, RANDLE,

BILL

CLASSIFICATION : UNCLASSIFIED

RESTRICTIONS : OPEN IN FULL

CURRENT STATUS : OPEN

DATE OF LAST REVIEW : 10/26/1992

AGENCY : HSCA

RECORD NUMBER : 180-10109-10213

RECORDS SERIES : NUMBERED FILES

AGENCY FILE NUMBER : 013848

DOCUMENT INFORMATION

ORIGINATOR : WC

TO : [No To]

TITLE : OSWALD-BACKGROUND

DATE : 11/30/1963

PAGES : 2

DOCUMENT TYPE : REPORT

SUBJECTS : FBI; OSWALD, LEE; POST RUSSIAN PERIOD; ASSOCIATES AND

RELATIVES; RANDLE, BILL; CASTER, BERRY J.

CLASSIFICATION : UNCLASSIFIED

RESTRICTIONS : OPEN IN FULL

CURRENT STATUS : OPEN

DATE OF LAST REVIEW : 12/17/1996

COMMENTS : Box 242.

Mark,

Regarding Goldstein, no one could follow up the FBI's interview post Warren Commission report as he died in September of 1964.

David Goldstein below.

James

James,

Thanks for the info on Goldstein's demise. I think I might have discovered that before somewhere, but it's good to be reminded. I wasn't really worried about why this wasn't followed up POST-WC; I'm just curious why this didn't set off any alarms PRIOR to the WC Report being issued.

Perhaps Goldstein MIGHT have had some records on either Oswald or Willie Randall/Randle...???

The fact remains...investigators discovered that there were TWO primary customers of the importer of the Japanese riflescope...one was Klein's, and the other was a gun shop IN DALLAS. Yet apparently nobody followed up on that information...and when they DID interview the proprietor of Dave's House of Guns, the question of the MC and/or the scope apparently never came up.

I guess the Klein's evidence was a "slam dunk"...so no further questions were necessary?

Lee,

We made a thorough search of Frazier's car with negative results, the proceeded to Frazier's home, 2439 West 5th, Irving (1/2 block from the Paine home) and made a search of the Randle home (also Frazier home) and confiscated a 303 calibre rifle, full clip, and partial box 303 calibre ammunition belonging to Wesley Frazier (placed in Property Room).

In one of those niggling little coincidences, the rifle they confiscated was a British Enfield

(see Property Room Invoice in the DPD Archives, Box 1, Folder# 7, Item# 47)

If Nancy Perrin Rich can be believed, the rifles Ruby and others were trying to get the Rich's to smuggle were British Enfields.

Steve Thomas

Lee,

In one of those niggling little coincidences, the rifle they confiscated was a British Enfield

(see Property Room Invoice in the DPD Archives, Box 1, Folder# 7, Item# 47)

If Nancy Perrin Rich can be believed, the rifles Ruby and others were trying to get the Rich's to smuggle were British Enfields.

Steve Thomas

Thanks for that Steve - I had a look. They even mispelled it 'Infield.' But the point is well made, and I can't shake a creepy feeling that there is a can of worms waiting to be opened behind Mark's thread here....

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/firearms_hsca.htm

(152) The 6.5-millimeter caliber Mannlicher-Carcano rifle is a bolt action military rifle used as the standard service rifle by the Italian military from 1891 to 1945. It was chambered for a 6.5-millimeter caliber Mannlicher-Carcano cartridge. It was comparable to the service rifles of other nations at that time. These rifles include the U.S. model 1903 Springfield and 1917 Enfield, chambered for the .30-06 Springfield caliber cartridge; the British .303 Enfield, chambered for the .303 British caliber cartridge; the German 8-millimeter Mauser, chambered for the 8-millimeter Mauser caliber cartridge; and the Japanese Arisaka, chambered for both the 7.7-millimeter Ariseka caliber cartridge and 6.5-millimeter caliber Japanese Arisaka cartridge. The standard military factory statistics for these cartridges are: (78)

http://www.assassinationresearch.com/v1n2/gtds.html

Early news reports seemed to identify the murder weapon as anything but a 6.5 mm. Mannlicher-Carcano. NBC and WBAP radio identified it as a British Enfield .303.

http://www.acorn.net/jfkplace/09/fp.back_i...ue/guns_dp.html

On the afternoon of the shooting, KBOX, a Dallas television station, broadcast that "a rifle has been found in a staircase on the fifth floor ... Sheriff's deputies identify the weapon as a 7.65 Mauser ... " [25] To add to the confusion WBAP-TV reported that a British Enfield 303 had been found in the Depository. [26]

- lee

Just read that RD Matthews applied the polygraph, and said that there was no test. The official version was that he passed the test, while others said he was too hysterical to take it.

Amazing how the law worked on 11/22 and in the days after.

I didn't tell Buell Wesley Frazier anything about bringing back some curtain rods. .

- lee