Bill

thanks for the extra info.

Ian

Edited by Ian Kingsbury

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm too lazy to look it up myself, so I will ask this question-- Do we know, with any certainty, where else LHO was during the days immediately before and after his visit to the Atomic Energy Museum?

--Thomas

Thomas

my enthusiasm knows no bounds old bean .Oswald was giving his speech to the jesuits at the behest of his cousin Eugene Murret this was in Alabama on the 27th July 1963 .also 9 May 1963 Oswald had found work at the Reily Coffee Company, located two blocks from Guy Banister’s offices. Its owner, William B. Reily, was a right-wing reactionary. Reily provided financial support to such groups as Arcacha’s Crusade to Free Cuba and Ed Butler’s propaganda outfit, INCA. Oswald’s employment at Reily’s lasted until 19 July 1963.

June 1963 USS Wasp leafletting Oswald leafletted the crew of the USS Wasp, an aircraft carrier then in port, and seemed to invite arrest, June 1963.

19 July 1963 Oswald let go from Reily Coffee Company, supposedly for spending too much work time next door at Adrian Alba’s garage.

1. Crescent City Garage Home to the local government agencies’ motor pools. One day Alba recalled observing an FBI agent handing a white envelope to Oswald, who was standing in front of Reily’s. Alba watched as Oswald clutched the envelope close to his chest and walked back into Reily’s.

Ian

Ack, http://www.eurekaencyclopedia.com/index.php/Category:New_Orleans_Return

And A bit more here if you wish I can read it to you :D

http://www.slideshare.net/AJWeberman/nodule-x19-new-orleans-july-1963-to-september-1963

Edited by Ian Kingsbury

I'm too lazy to look it up myself, so I will ask this question-- Do we know, with any certainty, where else LHO was during the days immediately before and after his visit to the Atomic Energy Museum?

--Thomas

Thomas

my enthusiasm knows no bounds old bean .Oswald was giving his speech to the jesuits at the behest of his cousin Eugene Murret this was in Alabama on the 27th July 1963 .also 9 May 1963 Oswald had found work at the Reily Coffee Company, located two blocks from Guy Banister’s offices. Its owner, William B. Reily, was a right-wing reactionary. Reily provided financial support to such groups as Arcacha’s Crusade to Free Cuba and Ed Butler’s propaganda outfit, INCA. Oswald’s employment at Reily’s lasted until 19 July 1963.

June 1963 USS Wasp leafletting Oswald leafletted the crew of the USS Wasp, an aircraft carrier then in port, and seemed to invite arrest, June 1963.

19 July 1963 Oswald let go from Reily Coffee Company, supposedly for spending too much work time next door at Adrian Alba’s garage.

1. Crescent City Garage Home to the local government agencies’ motor pools. One day Alba recalled observing an FBI agent handing a white envelope to Oswald, who was standing in front of Reily’s. Alba watched as Oswald clutched the envelope close to his chest and walked back into Reily’s.

Ian

http://www.slideshare.net/AJWeberman/nodule-x19-new-orleans-july-1963-to-september-1963

bump for Thomas Graves

• 4 months later...

Here's a picture of the blond Oswald, photographed in Mexico. It doesn't look like Harvey or Lee. The picture, to me, depicts a slight man with a blond toupee -- like Andy Warhol used to wear. Did the Embassies really think that was real hair? I don't know who first posted this photo, but I found it in my picture archives.

Does anyone know anything more about this Blond Oswald?

Kathy Collins

Kathy

The person reminds me of DeWitt too or maybe Roy Hargreaves.

Ian

http://educationforu...ndpost&p=205748

De Witt is interesting. Does anyone know if there's any connection to Elizabeth De Witt, Ohio?

Here's a picture of the blond Oswald, photographed in Mexico. It doesn't look like Harvey or Lee. The picture, to me, depicts a slight man with a blond toupee -- like Andy Warhol used to wear. Did the Embassies really think that was real hair? I don't know who first posted this photo, but I found it in my picture archives.

Does anyone know anything more about this Blond Oswald?

Kathy Collins

Kathy

The person reminds me of DeWitt too or maybe Roy Hargreaves.

Ian

http://educationforu...ndpost&p=205748

De Witt is interesting. Does anyone know if there's any connection to Elizabeth De Witt, Ohio?

John

My apologies I was referring to Louie Steven Witt AKA Umbrella man .Are you alluding to DeWitt the friend of Dinkin?.

I overheard the name Dewitt(umbrella) whilst straining my ears back in the 70's trying to listen to a conversation taking place in a pub in London I can only assume this was about the time of the HSCA ,But the name (Dewitt) stuck in my head sorry for any confusion The synapses fire irregular pulses at my age.

Ian

Thank you for clearing that up Ian. All's good.

--Thomas

Thomas

Ian

bump for Thomas Graves

Thanks Ian!

Great stuff.

--Tommy

Edited by Thomas Graves

• 5 months later...

Here's another shot at reviving the blond Oswald story, with photos you probably haven't seen...keep in mind that the blond Oswald supposedly entered the Cuban consulate on Sept 27.

Here's photos of the blond man at the Cuban Embassy being "sent to the consulate" on Sept 26, on a film strip, #23 and #24

(fourth row, first and second photos, going left to right)

https://www.maryferr...476&relPageId=3

It looks like at least one of these photos matches the bottom two photos provided by the HSCA press office in 1978; unsure about both.

My first question: Can anyone tell if both of these HSCA photos match Film Strip #23 and #24?

http://www.maryferre...067&relPageId=4

Here's the fact sheet provided by the HSCA on how they got the September 26 photos:

http://www.maryferre...067&relPageId=2

Here's the log sheet of the CIA photographer referred to in the HSCA fact sheet (first paragraph):

https://www.maryferr...476&relPageId=2

My second and third questions:

Are people reasonably convinced that this man is Capehart?

If so, does this evidence indicate that Claude Capehart entered the Cuban embassy and then the Cuban consulate in an effort to "case the joint" before the man named Oswald visited the consulate on the 27th?

Bill, In response to your question, FWIW the person in the first two mary ferrell links I believe are one and the same.

I saw the Larry Hancock page, that covers this area, ie Capehart aka "Damon."

Below is a genealogy page on the Capehart's that Bernice once provided.

http://www.jenforum....essages/155.htm

Regarding the big question, whether that person is Capehart is really the sticking point, isn't it.

Although I can only speculate, my gut tells me it is. Which would make my answer to the very last question

not only Yes, but that there was likely only one reason Capehart was there, which was an agency person

talked him into, by hook or crook, to do the loose cannon bit when he couldn't get the visa to go to Cuba

"his face turned very red."

I know enough about infiltration-exfiltration ops and travel to countries not on the State Departments "approved list"

to know the method chosen was a backasswards way of getting to Havana, but the real purpose was to lay the

groundwork for a real invasion, reclamation of Cuba, but Lyndon didn't bite......apparently he felt that benefiting from the "gift" Presidency and back to business as usual in the Southern hemisphere, was enough for one day.

I noticed on the log of visitors Teresa Proenza is listed, she tried to link Oswald to the government sanctioned, Oswald did it version, more or less.....

Not to nitpick, but I don't believe that Oswald even was at the Atomic Energy Museum, but someone from Dallas who was there

forged his name on the register.....

Edited by Robert Howard

There are a couple of other very important things I want to mention that I believe can provide, at least as detailed an analysis of the big picture of all of this Mexico City deception, that, basically falls under this is everything I know.

First, I have literally close to 1000 books that, in one way or another are JFK assassination and/or related to the history of intelligence operations.

I read the Lopez Report, as soon as I joined mary ferrell's website.....about five years ago

Here are my views about the deep snow stuff.....

John Newman is the main researcher I consider on MC, unfortunately one of the few books I do not have is Jefferson Morley's Our Man In Mexico, although I have read it and checked it out.

First, In Oswald and the CIA, Newman mentions [this is 1995] be forewarned, that "Parts of the Lopez Report, a few of them large and several of them small, are still classified." page 353

Second, On page 361, apparently the source is Nechiporenko's book, the text reads "As Oswald left the compound, he pulled his coat over his head to conceal his face from photographic coverage."

Also noteworthy is the fact that "Yatskov, Kostikov and Nechiporenko then conferred and decided that Yatskov and Kostikov immediately report the Oswald events in a coded cable to Moscow [KGB] Center."

There is a Warren Commission document that strongly, IMO suggests that not only were all of these conversations were being listened in on by the CIA, but that a conversation between Cuban President Osvald Dorticos and Joaquin Hernandez Armas may have been subject to deliberate "interference," and maybe even insertion of comments they did not even make, the telephone connection definitely fades in and out, although the former could have been poor connections without any sinister cause. See below

Commission Document 1551 - CIA Helms Memorandum of 22 May 1964 [T-8] 24 pages with Attached Report

179-40001-10363 to be kept in my safe except when Slawson and Coleman are working on it. Julia Eade

Transcripts of telephone conversations between Osvaldo Dorticos, President of Cuba and Joaquin Hernandez, Armas [Cuban Ambassador to Mexico]

SYMBOLS USED.

page 5, He will probably want to talk about VARICH (phonetic)

Neither party can hear the other, JHA is extremly aggravated

DORTICOS: A comrade of ours that was at the Embassy (signal fades) with the young lady recently detained

HLDO: (interrupts and says they will attempt to place the call through the New York circuit.

page 15, DORTICOS: Is it true that some blackmail boys, which you mention in your confidential report here - -form the Federal Police in that country attempted to force SILVIA DURAN to say, with promises of leniency that we had offered money to “the American.”

JHA: No, nothing about money.......

I took advantage that one of our planes was leaving with our mail

page 18, END OF FIRST CONVERSATION

The other point I am trying to make is, that it is possible that the coded message [to KGB headquarters in Moscow] was immediately intercepted and knowing its contents possibly within hours by the CIA Western Hemisphere station personnel would have provided some idea of how well what I believe was

a counter-intelligence dangle was going......

Another point....

Home/Archive/Documents/JFK Assassination Documents/JFK Documents - Central Intelligence Agency/Oswald 201 File (201-289248)/Oswald 201 File, Vol 56/

NARA Record Number: 1993.06.22.19:24:22:430330

CHARLES WILLIAM THOMAS

https://www.maryferr...do?docId=110411

Robert: Charles Thomas, severed his employment with the State Department effective July 31, 1969.....[After you read Mollenhoff’s article at the bottom of this post, you may, as I did, wonder whether it was the State Department who severed their employment of Thomas, or, whether his suicide was a suicide at all.]

5. Oswald was wearing a black sweater and was accompanied by two other Americans, one was very tall and slender with long blond hair which hung across his forehead.

He had a gaunt face and a rather long protruding chin. The other was also rather tall and had short light brown hair, but he had no distinguishing characteristics.

12. Also shortly after the assassination, an American woman named June Cobb came and spent several days in Sra. de Paz’s house. She was sent by their mutual friends, Eunice Odio, a Costa Rican who is now June Cobb’s roommate and who was formerly the mistress of Vasqon Amoral when he was with the Rockefeller Foundation.....

Robert: In the above account Alvarado Ugarte, the redheaded Cuban is mentioned at another meeting involving Oswald, he was the Nicaraguan intelligence officer who recanted his story about Oswald, one wonders if the claims made above are more of the same.

And finally Luis Alberu, a CIA spy in the Cuban Embassy and the “twist party” as reported by Elena Garro de Paz. June Cobb had been living with Elena for only about a month when the story of the twist party came up. See Newman page 381......Newman writes : ......The trail of evidence on this report by Cobb is as intriguing as this—probably false—story itself. The memo was apparently “lost” in the files, perhaps because it had not been placed in either the Elena Garro or Oswald “P” [personality] files at the CIA Mexico City station. Instead it was put into a “local leftist and Cuban project file.” The HSCA found out about it from another source— a chronological history of the Oswald case designated Wx-7241, prepared by Raymond Rocca for the CIA in 1967.

Here is where it gets weird...After Newman delves into the Teresa Proenza affair, [according to Newman, the CIA planted false papers on her that made it look like the Cuban Vice Minister of Defense, was a CIA agent who had betrayed the Soviet Missile buildup in Cuba to the Americans; he, his wife and a subordinate of the Vice Minister of Defense and Proenza were all thrown in a Cuban prison, even though the vice minister was a hard-line Communist, and all were, in fact innocent;

see pp 387, Oswald and the CIA Newman.

Then, a couple of pages later Newman writes about more deception involving David Atlee Phillips with regards to not knowing Sylvia Duran’s weakness, as an excuse to not trying to recruit her, when the Mexico City station knew exactly what her weakness was.

He then cites the Lopez Report in a section that reads....The Committee staff members told Mr. Phillips about the reporting on file concerning Ms. Duran from one of the stations [1 entire line redacted]. At one point [name redacted] had reported to his case officer that all that would have to be doneto recruit Ms. Duran was to get a blond, blue-eyed American in bed with her.

And what is more compelling about Mr. William Thomas is that he had contacted Secretary of State William P. Rogers, about the Oswald twist party telling him, in a letter, “I believe this story merits your attention......Since I was the Embassy officer in Mexico who acquired this intelligence information”

Thomas wrote, “I feel a responsibility for seeing it through to its final evaluation.”

Newman reveals that not only had Thomas been working forthe CIA all along, for Branch 4 of the Covert Action Staff, but that his previous assignment had been to Haiti, from January 8, 1961 until the summer of 1963. DeMohrenschildt arrived there on June 2, 1963, and in the fall of 1969, the same year he left the employ of the State Department, Thomas became involved in DeMohrenschildt’s business deals with the Haitian government, even after he was no longer employed there.

Many people wonder out of all of the myriad of persons intertwined within the assassination of JFK, where is the proverbial center of the conspiracy. The following is as close to the center, when you factor in all of the above that I have been able to document, that presents my belief and that is the fact that Ann Goodpasture, who was all over the Oswald Mexico business, “also was a member of Staff-D, the small Agency component responsible for communications intercepts, in addition within Staff D was hidden the ZR/RIFLE project, the Agency’s program to develop a capabilty for assassination.”

[see pp 374-75 Oswald and the CIA Newman]

Some time ago, I found an obituary for Charles W. Thomas. It is undoubtedly the same Charles W. Thomas who was involved in the Oswald in Mexico stories....

May 22, 1971, Suicide Opens Eyes by Clark Mollenhoff

he was 48 years old at the time of his death, his wife was named Cynthia

DOB circa 1923 DOD 1971

obit article below

pl_005062012_1314_14988_405.pdf

Edited by Robert Howard

Guest Tom Scully

SELECTED OUT!

Boston Globe - Mar 12, 1972

By Myra McPherson Last May month after her husband shot himself to death in ... Officer husband had been selected out fired without pension at the age of 46.

Selected Out - Washington Post December 19, 1971 by Myra McPherson

http://moviereview.n...19_1971WaPo.pdf

Every day, Cynthia Thomas goes to work at the place she feels killed her husband.....

(With almost no qualifications or prior experience, Willaim Greider points out that the widow of Charles William Thomas, PHd,

a man with 18 years at the State Department, is installed in a job at State just one pay grade below her dead husband's. It

resembled what a bribe intended as "hush money" might very well look like, and it did not work. Cynthia Thomas and a few others

were able to keep Macomber's good friend, the State Dept. personnel director Mace, from being appointed as Ambassador to Sierra Leone.....)

(quote)

Behind The Unrest at Foggy Bottom

By William Greider Washington Post October 10, 1971

http://moviereview.n...GreiderWaPo.pdf

MacomberThomasOneGradeBelowHusband.jpg

(/quote)

State Department Still In Personnel Imbroglio .

Spokesman-Review - May 30, 1971

... d-ind the Stale De partment had decided to hire Mrs. Cynthia Thomas, widow of the ... Another scandal that is brewing concerns the case of John Hemenway, ...

Senate Panel Refuses to Act On Ambassador Nomination

New York Times - Nov 4, 1971

A number of former State Department employes and MrI Cynthia Thomas, widow of a ... One of the witnesses against Mr. Mace was John D. Hemenway, a former ...

'Executioner' Rebuffed in Senate

Chicago Tribune - Dec 11, 1971

When Hemenway learned last July 15 of Mace's nomination, he launched a ... Inba dramatic hearing before-the For- eien Cimmi tee, Mrs. Cynthia Thomas, ...

The Mideast Connection For Heroin Trade .

Lewiston Daily Sun - Sep 5, 1972

John Harter. who fought and won an appeal against shabby treatment from the department, has told his story in a letter to Hays. ...

Turkish, Se Asia Drug Flow Eases; On...‎ The Robesonian

Changing Of The Guard ..Jack Anderson: .New Tidal Wave...

Times Daily - Sep 11, 1972

... foreign service officer, John Harter, who fought and won an appeal against shabby treatment from the department, has told his story in a letter to Hays. ...

Slows Flow Of Heroin .‎ Gadsden Times

Washington .Mi .Go- Round .Foreign Dope...‎ Beaver Country Times

Watergate Grand Jury Is Receiving Requests From Private...

New York Times - Jun 30, 1975

... citizen had already made public his letter to the foreman-came from John J. Harter, ... The letter sets forth coma plaints and allegations about Mr. Macomber's

MacomberHarter.jpg

John Sherman Cooper of the Warren Commission was Skull & Bones at Yale. Cooper was also a personal friend of John Kennedy and became an opponent of the Vietnam War.

I do not think Cooper was involved in the JFK assassination, but by signing the fantastically flawed Warren Report, he showed that he could be manipulated into going along with the cover up of the JFK assassination.

Overall, the man seems like a pretty good guy in relative comparision to the other politicians of the time.

http://en.wikipedia...._Sherman_Cooper

In May, 1922, two Yale junior class members from the state of Kentucky were among those "tapped" for Skull & Bones in a ceremony closed to the public by order of the faculty.

http://chroniclingam...w Norton George

...George Washington Norton, Jr. of Louisville, and John Sherman Cooper of Somerset.

41-1/2 years later, Cooper was "tapped" to "serve" on the Warren Commission, and, in between, and after, the following details are observed.:

(quote])http://international...s/2004mac06.txt

The Association for Diplomatic Studies and Training

Foreign Affairs Oral History Project

AMBASSADOR WILLIAM B. MACOMBER, JR.

Interviewed by: Roger Ernst

Initial interview date: September 30, 1989

....Q: Was this an internal job within the Department or were you involved with external coordination?

MACOMBER: Park and Fisher were constantly sitting on committees involving other government departments and I used to represent them on some occasions; but fundamentally I was an in-house staff officer.

Then I left and got a job on the Hill as administrative assistant to a senator, John Sherman Cooper, which was in effect being his chief of staff. I got that job through Charley Bartlett, a mutual friend, and also because Senator Cooper was running against Alben Barkley, and as Senator Cooper's chances were not very good, not many people were after the job. Cooper was a wonderful man and it was a great experience working on the Hill. ...

Atlantic Council of the United States

http://www.biblebeli...org.au/acus.htm

Names of US representatives on the Atlantic Council -- precursor of NATO. ... AC H. M. Fitch AC William H. G. Fitzgerald AC Alexander Fitz-Hugh AC Henry C. .... A. MacLachlan AC John Dewitt Macomber AC/CFR Harald B. Malgren AC/CFR ... AC Arthur L. Miller AC Francis P. Miller AC/CFR Harlan Miller AC Mrs. Walter I. ..

http://www.google.com/search?q=%22

Western interests and US policy ... - James R. Green, Atlantic ...

books.google.com/.../Western_interests_and_US_policy_options.htm...

Block all books.google.com results

Western interests and US policy options in the Caribbean Basin: report of ... By James R. Green, Atlantic Council of the United States ...

Western Interests and U.S. Options in the Caribbean Basin: Report ...

www.foreignaffairs.com/.../western-interests-and-us-options-in-the-ca...

Author Edited by James R. Green and Brent Scowcroft. Publisher Oelgeschlager. Year 1984 ... The first book, the Atlantic Council report, is favorable.

http://www.google.co...iw=1173&bih=736

"C": the secret life of Sir Stewart Graham Menzies, spymaster to ...

books.google.com Anthony Cave Brown - 1988 - 808 pages - Snippet view

Donovan was, however, far less ready for operations than he thought he was, and his stall for Sussex did not arrive in London until September.

The group was led by Lieutenant Colonel Francis P. Miller, a Rhodes scholar, a

high official of the Council on Foreign Relations, one of the organizers of the destroyers-for-bases campaign in 194o, and a well-known Democrat.

They took over a house in Grosvenor Square to plan and carry out the Ossex operations. Although Miller had had no previous experience of clandestine warfare, he came imbued with Donovan's desire for "an equal, independent,

http://educationforu...ndpost&p=241124

......So what we've got here is Ernie Byfield Sr. and Jr., hosts of Irv Kupcinet in the Pump Room from 1943 to 1960. All three were close to Patrick Hoy, hired away from Byfield in 1960 by Henry Crown as liason between Crown Hilton General Dynamics Arvey, and the Chicago Syndicate's Sidney Korshak and Gus Alex Sam Giancana and Tony Accardo. Kupcinet's co-columnist is life long Jack Ruby friend, Jimmy Colitz.

Ernie Byfield, Jr. joins the army and the OSS, and is the best man in the 1943 wedding of William HG Fitzgerald, later the senior SMOM in the United States. An usher in that wedding, Oliver W. Hammonds, a WWII army intelligence officer, becomes Jack Crichton's co-director in ARABIAN SHIELD DEVELOPMENT CO. Hammonds' brother-in-law is Chase Manhattan bank director and SMOM Robert W. Flowerree with close ties to Loyola U. in New Orleans.

Fitzgerald was a senior partner at Hornblower & Weeks. The daughter of his partner, Ralph Hornblower, married Dr. Daniel Catlin, the brother-in-law of William H. Quasha's son, Wayne. Fitzgerald's son, Desmond, married Helen Muffie Stone, granddaughter of Godfrey Stillman Rockefeller and daughter of Robert G. Stone, Jr., the Harvard Endowment Fund official who made the large, losing investment in Alan Quasha's Harken Energy, resulting in bailing out George W. Bush's failed oil business activity and positioning Bush as a multimillionaire and viable Texas gubernatorial candidate. Stone, Jr., according to Russ Baker, in his book, Family of Secrets, was rewarded with a directorship at R.S. Reynolds with co-director, Jonathan Bush. Reynold's father was a close friend of Frank Vanderlip, Jr., the godfather of William H. Quasha's daughter, Jill.

Quasha's other son, Alan, the chairman of Harken Energy, had bought out Bush's bankrupt business, Spectrum 7 and invited Bush to join Harken's board. Alan married the daughter of the Nelson Rockefeller owned William Ronan, onetime chairman of the NYC's MTA, and longtime chairman of the Tri-State Port Authority.

Byfield Jr. was married from 1955 until her death in 1970 to Russian noblewoman Valentina Osterman. Valentina's sister Nina married the first cousin and business partner of B. Rionda and George Braga, Placido Ervesun. GHW Bush escorted the daughter of the late Edward Hooker, step-nephew and oil business partner, George DeMohrenschildt down the aisle when she wed B. Rionda Braga's son, Ames.

Byfield, Jr.'s mother, Gladys Rosenthal Tartiere leased her Middleburg, VA estate to JFK from December, 1960 until March, 1963. Byfield, Jr. married Italian countess Diana Masiere in the 1970s. Byfield and Masiere were married nearly thirty years and after his death, Diana Masiere Byfield married Robert S. McNamara in 2004.

(/quote)

Points to consider.:

Whitney Shepardson's son, John, described in 1990 how close his father was to Lt.Col. Francis P. Miller, the WWII commanding officer of Lt. William B. Macomber.:

http://www.nytimes.c...ed=print&src=pm

http://www.ibiblio.o...SMC-OSS-11.html

Herringbone Cloak GI Dagger

Marines of the OSS

Pg. 151

....William Butts Macomber was a 23-year old Yale man who had enlisted in the Class III Marine Corps Reserve during March 1942. Although only of medium height, Macomber was constructed along the lines of a #10 wood screw. During his college days, Bill Macomber played varsity football, lacrosse, and captained the Eli wrestling squad. During one summer vacation, he had sailed with several North Atlantic convoys as an engine room wiper.

Bill Macomber came from the sort of background which Donovan seemed to most prize. His great grandfather, I.W. Butts had been a newspaper publisher, businessman and politician in upstate New York. His grandfather, Francis Macomber, an eminent jurist and Justice of the New York State Supreme Court. Young Macomber had come to Yale by way of Phillip's Academy in Andover, Massachusetts, where he excelled in sports and was president of the debating society.9

Macomber wanted to be a Marine officer. He took extra course work in his pre-law program in order to graduate before his class. Then, upon reaching Parris Island, he was disqualified because of poor eyesight. But anyone with the combative nature of a wrestler was not about to be deterred by such a setback. Macomber petitioned for a waiver, and this request was duly granted.10

Commissioned a Second Lieutenant on 1 December 1943, he was already slated for duty with OSS. After initial training in the U.S., Macomber flew to England. Assigned to the SO Branch, Macomber was immediately tapped for the role of weapons instructor with a team of reinforcements for the SO/SOE FREELANCE circuit which was operating in the vicinity of Puy de Dome, Cantal.....

The British and American intelligence commands could not reach a cooperative accomodation in the training of infiltration operatives, such as Macomber. Soon a division occurred with 22 Ossex teams of three training under the command of Lt. Col. Francis P. Miller and separately, 29 Brissex teams under British command.

This training activity, begun in Sept., 1943 and involving so few Americans under secrecy and the command of only a Lt. Col., seems an intimate group.

Other details making Macomber interesting are that he was the best man in the weddings of George Bush's sister, and 27 years later, also of Thomas J. Devine. In Sept., 1960, Macomber requested that the FBI investigate Lee Harvey Oswald and a handful of other defectors.:

http://educationforu...ndpost&p=170455

Joan Mellen:

NOTES....

--Document id number: 1993.06.10.18:04:90000. JFK 201-289248. OSW 12. Vol/Folder V53B. Title: Comparative Statistics Concerning Bloc and US Defectors. 9/23/60. Who from: Richard D. Gatewood, IRC/STATE. Whoto: William B. Macomber, Jr. /State. NARA.

Macomber was Prescott Bush's guest at the ceremony where JFk was sworn in as a senator.

Macomber attended a 1971 meeting with Nixon white house officials where he committed his support in a planned campaign to discredit Daniel Ellsberg. Macomber in the same year facilitated a white house staffer's request to give E. Howard Hunt access to 240 secret 1963 Diem related State Dept. cables, without asking about or arranging for verification of Hunt's level of security clearance. Hunt's purpose was to construct forgeries of the cables to implicate JFK and RFK in the assassinations of Vietnamese leader Diem and his brother.

[PDF]

* " ,o D aloes

jfk.hood.edu/.../Hunt%20Diem%20Cable%20fakes/Hunt%20Diem%...

File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - View as HTML

ment cables, apparently with no check at all on Hunt's own security status. Youn=g's ... quate authority and security clearance, State Department ... Macomber could not recall a conversation with Young concerning Hunt. Bray said, however, that records ... ly noted, however, that as of. July, 1971, Young had been .......

As the heat built up, one report was that Macomber was sent to Turkey to shield him from direct inquiry.:

Hunt Authorized To Copy Secret Papers .

Sarasota Herald-Tribune - May 10, 1973

Ma comber authorized Mr. Hunt's access to the files." Macomber is now US ambassador to Turkey. Tuesday, Macomber was said by the State Department to have re ...

Hunt Was Given Access To 240 Vietnam...‎ New York Times

State Department Confirms Hunt Had...‎ St. Joseph Gazette

Pentagon denied Hunt access to secret...‎ The Sun (Pay-Per-View)

Nixon's Words on Diem; Basis of '71 Comment on US Complicity...

New York Times - May 9, 1973

Was his com- ment in any way related to the cable forged by E. Howard Hunt Jr., a Watergate conspir- ator, which made the same as- at almost the same mo- ..

(quote]

http://educationforu...52

DULLES UNDER KNIFE 2 1/2 HRS.

Pay-Per-View - Chicago Tribune - ProQuest Archiver - Nov 4, 1956

A dip- assistant, William B. Macomber and two other aids, and Allan Dulles, brother and head of the central intelli. genre agency, also were pres- ent.

Dr. Kissinger's Role in Wiretapping: Hearings Before the Committee on...‎ - Page 392

by United States Congress. Senate. Committee on Foreign Relations, United States, Senate, Congress, Committee on Foreign Relations - Wiretapping - 1974 - 409 pages

Some press accounts appeared to indicate that CIA careerist Macomber, ostensibly

representing the Department of State, J. Fred Buzhardt, representing the....

(/quote)

This "message" to insiders could not have come at a more convenient time, IMO.:

(quote) http://educationforu...39

Miss Alexandra Mills Is Bride of TJ Devine

New York Times - Apr 15, 1973

William B. Macomber Jr., United States. Ambassador to Turkey, was best man. Mrs. Devine attended the Green Vale ... Mr. Devine is with Train, Cabotj Inc.; a private New York investment concern. After a wedding trip; the couple will reside in ... ................................ What is nagging at me is that Cogswell, a CIA asset I have written extensively about, was not only married in 1953 to Joan Farish, first cousin of Bush best friend Will Farish, III, son of the William Farish who was an usher in Tom Devine's father- in-law's, Samuel Wynn Mills's (Yale S&B 1937 wedding, and Cogswell's best man was working for Lem Billings and his boss Francis McAdoo at Emerson Drug, but Cogswell also had an only sibling married to Rawle Deland.

Deland ended up running the family founded, executive recruiting firm, Thorndike Deland. That firm and RS Reynolds struck a common chord in my suspicious mind.:

https://members.aesc...ticle_FINAL.pdf

...Russell Reynolds Associates, founded in 1969 by Russell S. Reynolds, Jr., a Yale

graduate and former commercial banker with J.P. Morgan, cultivated a style of its

own. By 1984, the firm’s Park Avenue headquarters featured a Steinway piano

in the reception area and a Winston Churchill painting in one of the interviewing

rooms.

Reynolds, now chairman of RSR Partners, said, “I owe everything I know about

the search business to William Clark,” who ran a highly regarded search firm that

bore his name and had been spun off from accounting firm Price Waterhouse.

Reynolds had worked at William H. Clark Associates for three years before setting

out on his own.

Jonathan Bush is an RS Reynolds director. William B. Macomber, Jr. was Tom Devine's best man, Nancy Bush's best man, and I've linked Macomber, Ernest Byfield, Jr. and William Casey to the tiny, top secret OSSEX circa D-Day 1944, OSS infiltration program. Byfield, Jr. was the best man of William HG Fitzgerald, Oliver W. Hammonds was an usher and became Jack Crichton's co-director and accountant at Arabian Shield Corp.

Fitzgerald was a longtime co-director and officer with Macomber's brother, John, at the Atlantic Council.

Fitzgerald's son married Robert G. Stone, Jr.'s daughter. Stone was made a co-director at RS Reynolds for what Russ Baker suspected was a quid pro quo for the heat Stone took in pouring Harvard investment funds into Quasha's Harken Energy which turned Bush, Jr.'s fortune and reputation around, overnight.

Tom Devine is a longtime board member of Stone's Texas firm, Stonetex, founded in 1950. So was Stone's brother, David, who was implicated in the CIA funding of student orgs. in 1967, in collaboration with the Boston lawyer who ran and represented Dr. Tom Dooley, and who was nailed to the setting up of at least two CIA proprietary Corps.

Frank Vanderlip, Jr. hosted an engagement dinner, to celebrate the wedding engagement of RS Reynolds's father in 1928. In 1966 the NY Times mentioned that Vanderlip, Jr. was the godfather or Quasha's sister, Jill.

So on the surface it appears as a series of cooperative incidents between a relatively small, super secretive, tight knit group, over a long number of years and there are an astounding number of coincidental "building blocks".

At the heart of it is Skull and Bones, CIA, General Dynamics, Big Texas Oil, Chicago Mob.... not that dissimilar from what Torbitt detailed.... and it may have taken JFK out, and put two Bushes in.

(/quote)

"The message" seemed to be that Macomber, unlike his friend Mace, was untouchable, so back off!

.. http://en.wikipedia..../James_Stillman

.......James Jewett Stillman

The son of Elizabeth Pamela Stillman (née Goodrich) and Charles Stillman, James Stillman was born in Brownsville, Texas. Charles Stillman had significant business interests which James acquired in 1872. He expanded those to control of sixteen Texas banks and a significant land holdings in the Rio Grande Valley, particularly Corpus Christi and Kerrville, Texas. Along with W. H. Harriman, Jacob Henry Schiff and William Rockefeller he controlled the most important Texas railroads (including the Texas and Pacific Railway, the Southern Pacific Railroad, the International-Great Northern Railroad, the Union Pacific Southern Railway, the St. Louis, Brownsville and Mexico Railway, and the Mexican National Railroad) and the National City Bank of New York.

In 1876 Stillman supported Porfirio Díaz's overthrow of the government of Mexico by the Revolution of Tuxtepec.

Legacy

He is considered to have been one of the 100 wealthiest Americans, having left an enormous fortune.[1] His oldest son, James A. Stillman, also served as president of National City Bank of New York. Stillman was related to even greater wealth by marriage: his two daughters, Sarah Elizabeth Stillman and Isabel Goodrich Stillman, married the sons (William Goodsell Rockefeller and Percy Avery Rockefeller respectively) of business associate and friend, and senior executive of Standard Oil, William Rockefeller. His grandson, James Stillman Rockefeller, served as president of National City from 1952 to 1959 and chairman from 1959 to 1967.

http://en.wikipedia....ell_Rockefeller

William Goodsell Rockefeller (May 21, 1870 – November 30, 1922)He was the third child of Standard Oil co-founder William Rockefeller (1841–1922) and his wife, Almira Geraldine Goodsell. Rockefeller married Sarah Elizabeth Stillman, daughter of National City Bank president James Jewett Stillman, on November 21, 1895. His father had become a large shareholder of the National City Bank and his alliance with the Stillman family was sealed by the marriage of his two sons with two Stillman daughters. Rockefeller's brother, Percy Avery Rockefeller, married Isabel Goodrich Stillman. He died on November 30, 1922.[1]

Children

1. William Avery Rockefeller II (August 8, 1896 – October 14, 1973)
  2. Godfrey Stillman Rockefeller (May 1, 1899 – February 23, 1983)
  3. James Stillman Rockefeller (June 8, 1902 – August 10, 2004)
  4. John Sterling Rockefeller (October 28, 1904 – May 10, 1988)
  5. Almira Geraldine Rockefeller (December 28, 1907–1997)[2]
    MISS ROGKEFELLER ED IN 6RBEqqICH; Christ uplscopa! Church...

New York Times - May 30, 1948 Church !s the Scene of Her Marriage to Robert Gregg Stone Jr, i Special to Tag ... daughter of Mr. and 1W_rs. Godfrey Stillman Rockefeller of Greenwich and. ..

Robert G. Stone, Jr. was accused of buying GW Bush out of Harken Energy, and Stone's brother was David B. Stone.:

(quote)http://www.google.co...biw=811&bih=493

Today IN SOCIETY

Pay-Per-View - Daily Boston Globe - Nov 7, 1949

TheSpotlight ball committee includes Gordon Abbott Jr Louis L Allen Harcourt Amory Jr Henry B Cabot Jr Albert B Carter Jr Benjamin H Gaylord Arthur H King Roger A Perry Jr M Rackemann and Richard H Soule Others working on the committee are David B Stone and John R Suydam Jr .

....The obituaries of Albert Carter and Andre Rheault say that they were CIA, as do the wikipedia pages of Thomas Devine and Charles Whitehouse. It just seems to me that the wedding parties of Albert B. Carter, Jr. and Alexander Aldrich were chock full of CIA. Even some of the other ushers who are not identified as CIA, draw my interest. Charles Hubbard, the fellow usher of Edwin Bohlen, Thomas Devine, Alexander Aldrich, and Andre Rheault, (all chosen by the grrom, Albert B. Carter, Jr. of the CIA....) happened to be the step-son of Henry Brunie, the boss of Jack Crichton, and the best man in John McCloy's wedding. Brunie's wife, Anna Fuller Hubbard, the mother of Charles Hubbard, was an outstanding tennis player in the 1920s and 30s who competed against ....

http://www.nytimes.c...ml?ref=weddings

Alison Devine, William Bardeen - New York Times

New York Times - Sep 23, 2007

She is the daughter of Alix Mills Devine and Thomas J. Devine of New York. ... member of Nine Exploration, an oil and gas exploration company in Dallas.

http://www.corporati...c/34796020.aspx

Updated 3/30/2011 - This profile of Nine Exploration LLC was created using data from Texas Secretary of State

Officers

David S Crockett

Thomas J Devine

http://www.corporati...p/29448915.aspx

Stonetex Oil Corp. Company Profile - Located in Dallas, TX - David ...

- 1:15am

Mar 30, 2011 – Stonetex Oil Corp. has a location in Dallas, TX. Active officers include David S Crockett, Thomas J Devine, Jacob F Brown and David B Stone.

http://www.google.co..._gc.r_pw.&cad=b

Family of Secrets: The Bush Dynasty, America's Invisible ... - Page 341

Russ Baker - 2009 - 592 pages - Google eBook - Preview

... spoke with Robert G. Stone Jr., the longtime chairman of the seven-member Harvard Corporation, the university's ... Most in- triguingly, Stone turns out to have been in business with the “former” CIA officer Thomas J. Devine. ..

(/quote)

Do you believe the "force" is less organized and resourceful than it was from 1950 to 1966, then, yeah....I can understand your point. I believe they are, and have, more of everything than they did when they were projecting the influence described here.:

http://www.mail-arch...m/msg13543.html

The Higher Circles - The Governing Class in America

G. William Domhoff 1970

...STRAIGHTENING OUT STUDENTS

Young people between the ages of eighteen and twenty-five are terribly

concerned with ideological matters. Worse, they are often in rebellion

against the old ways as they struggle to establish their independence and

self-identity. They are thus susceptible to people with persuasive arguments

who want to enlist them in political causes....

What did the CIA get for its money? First, a flourishing anti-communist

alternative with which other non-communist students could interact,

particularly within the International Student Conference. Second,

intelligence about the personalities and social backgrounds of foreign

student leaders, which sounds harmless enough if it is not realized that such

mundanities are the crucial stuff of espionage agencies. Third, some say-so

in selecting officers and in shaping international programs. I should say

"perhaps" on this third point because there are conflicting reports about it.

In any case, it is not too important for my purpose in this essay, which is

to show how the power elite encourage and use organizations and programs that

fit their purposes.

NSA was not the only student organization utilized by the power elite. They

also bought into the aforementioned International Student Conference,

sponsoring its many programs of technical assistance, education, and student

exchanges.[9] Then too, between 1961 and 1965 they spent $180,000 on the

Independent Research Service, which sent American delegations to actively

oppose the communists at communist-oriented youth festivals. Stern notes that

the NSA as an organization remained aloof from such aggressive activities but

that "important NSA officers and exofficers were very active in the

Independent Research Service activities in Vienna and Helsinki."[10] One

Independent Research Service director became an NSA president, and then

received a "scholarship" from a CIA "foundation." The CIA was not alone in

its manipulations. It was not so crude as to hand the money over directly.

Frederic Delano Houghteling, for example, had to apply to two wealthy

philanthropists, one in Chicago and one in Wilmington, for the $10-12,000 NSA

received in 1950.[11] For later operations "foundations" were used. There are

several, but only the two most important ones will be noted here. The first,

the Independence Foundation, is a front in Boston about which little is

known. Its address is the same as that of the large corporate law firm of

Hale and Doff. Moreover, one of that firm's partners, Paul F. Hellmuth, is an

Independence Foundation trustee as well as a director of Cabot, Cabot, and

Forbes, the Nickel Plate Railroad, the Urban League, and the University of

Notre Dame. Another known trustee of the foundation is investment banker

David B. Stone, a graduate of Milton Academy and Harvard. Between 1962 and

1963 this foundation gave $256,000 to the NSA. It also provided NSA with

rent-free headquarters during the sixties.

Even more important than the Independence Foundation is the Foundation for

Youth and Student Affairs, which is an above-board operation founded in 1952.

In addition to giving hundreds of thousands of dollars to the NSA, it is also

the primary support for the International Student Conference. Along with the

San Jacinto Foundation set up by Texas oilman John Mecom, it gave the ISC $

1. 8 million between 1962 and 1964.[12] Some of its money comes from private

sources, some from the CIA. Among its eminent trustees of recent years are

five that are especially worthy of note here. The first two are Arthur A.

Houghton and Amory Houghton, Jr., members, of a prominent family that is in

every way at the heart of the Eastern branch of the American upper class.

Arthur Houghton, for example, is a Rockefeller Foundation trustee and a

director of US Steel. Another interesting trustee is Frederick W. Hilles, a

graduate of Taft School and Yale, and the vice president of the Yale

University Press. Yet another is Robert E. Blum, a director of Federated

Department Stores, Equitable Life Assurance Society and the Better Business

Bureau, among others. Finally, there is Gilbert W. Chapman, a listee in the

New York Social Register who graduated from Yale and is president of Pinnacle

Press and a trustee of the New York Public Library. Then too, the executive

secretary of the foundation, Harry Lunn, is a former NSA president. There can

be no doubt about the respectability and importance of the Foundation for

Youth and Student Affairs.

This brief recounting does not even begin to tap the involvement of the CIA

and the power elite in student organizations all over the world. For example,

it says nothing about the Institute of International Education, which brings

many foreign students to this country, helps develop agricultural and

business schools in foreign countries, provides counsel for corporations, and

keeps track of US students and scholars all over the world.[13] Two of its

known sources of income are the gala Diamond Ball that kicks off the New York

social season and the J. M. Kaplan Fund, one of many CIA conduits.[14]

Detailed studies of the FYSA, IIE and their many sister organizations will

have to be left to scholars wishing to research what C. Wright Mills called

"the cultural apparatus" and what Marxists call "ideological hegemony." In

the meantime, we can rest assured that the power elite are not neglecting

young minds: "The American operatives were competing directly with Communist

agents for the sympathy, loyalty, and support of the influential classes of

the emerging nations."[15] ...

http://www.smokershi...com/Central.htm

...Robert Guthrie Page, Skull & Bones 1922

Robert Guthrie Page, whose hometown was given as Madison, Wis., was slapped for Skull & Bones by Frederick McGeorge Bundy. Other members of Bones that year included Frederick W. Hilles, whose brother, Charles D. Hilles Jr., became a longtime director of the ASCC and its successor, the American Cancer Society. (Tap Day Exercises Are Held At Yale. New York Times, May 20, 1921.) He was the son of University of Wisconsin Law Professor William Herbert Page. He married Mrs. Jerry Townsend Walling in Santiago, Chile, while on professional business with the law firm Root & Clark. (Walling-Page Wedding Is Announced Here. Wisconsin State Journal, Jun. 14, 1931.) Page joined the board of the Hanover Bank in 1956. He had been the first commissioner for the southern district of New York of the Securities and Exchange Commission, until resigning to become president of the Phelps Dodge Corporation.

http://educationforu...showtopic=14613

...Below is displayed support for the observations that (John) Train's sister Margaret was married to a Russian Colonel assigned to the Tsar's palace security detail, and for sister Helen's marriage to a man, Charles D. Hilles Jr., who was the son of a former RNC chairman who was an investor along with the Guggenheim Brothers, in Anglo-Chilean Nitrate Corp. in 1925 and was a director. Hilles Jr. himselg was a corporate counsel and executive V.P. at IT&T, taking a leave of absence from IT&T in 1954 to serve as advisor to John McCloy's immediate replacement as High Commissioner of Germany....

(/quote)

Robert Guthrie Page was a law partner of John Train's Paris Review Co-founder, George Plimpton's father, Francis Plimpton. Twins David and John Lindsay were ushers in Nancy Bush's wedding. William B. Macomber was best man, and later, also best man in Thomas Devine's wedding.

George Lindsay, brother of David and John, became principle partner of Debevoise and Plimpton. Eli Whitney Debevoise was counsel to HICOG of Germany, John McCloy, and became deputy HICOG, under McCloy. McCloy was head trustee at Amherst College, and appointed Francis Plimpton's brother as Amherst president in 1960.

http://educationforu...76

The China diary of George H.W. Bush: the making of a global president- Page 311

books.google.com Jeffrey A. Engel - 2008

...Bemis, Lias and Devine had a meeting regarding my political future—very thoughtful of them.5

Robert, just to emphasize my point that they've intentionally made "all this" too complex to wrap your mind around, let alone ever solve.....:

CIA backed Eugene McCarthy in '68 v. RFK

Started by Paul Rigby, May 28 2007

(quote name='Tom Scully' timestamp='1298251484' post='219925')

Len,

In addition to Finney, ex-CIA Tom McCoy was hired and Herzog, who you cited in your post, seems kind of biased....

(quote)http://www.google.co...d42d5ed5aa1eb1e

McCarthy's National Field Director Quits

Pay-Per-View - Los Angeles Times - May 19, 1968

Also appointed to assist McCarthy in his West Coast campaign Saturdaywas Tom McCoy 50 an other former CIA official Ile will travel with the sr in Oregon and ...

http://news.google.c...ney mccoy&hl=en

Inside Report ..Mccarthy Amateur Aides! Downgraded For New...

Pittsburgh Post-Gazette - Jun 29, 1968

Moreover, Arthur Herzog, instant rapport with Finney," boycotted the Chicago meet and was ... Finney's men— official Tom mccoy and Herzog— will be upgraded. ... (/quote)

Nathaniel, nice surprise to read a new post from you, you're contributions have been missed around here.

(/quote)

Flawed Patriot: The Rise And Fall of CIA Legend Bill Harvey - Page 100

books.google.comBayard Stockton - 2006 - 357 pages - Google eBook - Preview

Dave and Star Murphy mention Rita Chappiwicki, who was Harvey's BOB secretary after Maggie Crane.1 Star once happened upon CG “shrieking” at Rita at a Berlin party. Maybe, indeed, there was more to Harvey's relationship with his ..

http://www.nytimes.c...dead-at-50.html

Rosalynn Carter's Secretary, Rita R. Merthan, Dead at 50

AP

Published: December 5, 1981

WASHINGTON, Dec. 4— Rita Regina Merthan, who worked as Rosalynn Carter's personal secretary, died today at Georgetown University Hospital.

She had been admitted to the intensive care unit Thursday suffering from cardiac arrest. Mrs. Carter issued a statement from her home in Plains, Ga., saying that she and former President Carter were ''sho cked by Rita Merthan's untimely death.''

''Rita was a highly qualified professional assistant who brought loyalty, competence and sound judgment to her work in the White House,'' Mrs. Carter said. ''She was also a close friend.''

The 50-year-old Mrs. Merthan, who was recording secretary at the National Women's Democratic Club, had also been employed as an executive secretary at the Central Intelligence Agency.

She is survived by her husband, Lawrence C. Merthan, a lawyer in Washington, a daughter, Mollie, 15, and by her mother, Mary Chapowicki of Worcester, Mass.

The funeral will be held Monday.

Eugene McCarthy & the Shadows of Time; A Maverick's Memories: The Ex-Senator Holds Forth Eugene McCarthy

By Jim Naughton Washington Post Staff Writer. Jun 2, 1987. p. C1

.....McCarthy confronted the great what's next without Abigail, his wife of 24 years. The couple seperated in August 1969, but never divorced.

Friends say they grew apart during the campaign as McCarthy enjoyed his celebrity. larry Merthan, McCarthy's lawyer and first legislative aide, says McCarthy became impatient with his wife's perfectionism. "He'd come into the office in the morning, 'Call Jesse Unruh to wish him Happy Birthday'. His whole day was mapped out and he got tired of it. Mind you, she was a good politician, he says........

http://www.nytimes.c...-c-merthan.html

LAWRENCE C. MERTHAN

Published: October 04, 1987

Lawrence C. Merthan, a lawyer and public relations specialist, died of cancer Wednesday at his home in Washington. He was 69 years old.

Mr. Merthan, a native of St. Paul, received his law degree from the University of Minnesota in 1949. His Washington career, spanning 28 years, included the job of legislative counsel to Senator Eugene J. McCarthy, Democrat of Minnesota. His last position was that of government relations counselor for Hill & Knowlton, the public relations concern.

He is survived by his wife, Claudia; a daughter,.....

Washington Post - October 2, 1987 pg. 48

.....Mr. Merthan practice law in St. Paul ....in 1958 and 1959, he was in Germany as a member of the U.S. Education Commission.....

So we are left to sort out themes.... Rockefeller, Skull & Bones, CIA, Samuel, Prescott, George, George W. Bush, and background players, Vanderlip of National City, Galen Stone Robert Stone, Jr., David Stone, Quashas connected to Vanderlip, Rockefeller, Bush,... Vanderlip, Stone, and Quasha families, in addition to Rockefeller and common ties, also have long histories with Manila. William and John Macomber, and Tom Devine seem one step away from many Skull & Bones "made" men, as if there to serve them. Perhaps the links between Byfield, Macomber, Robert G. Stone, Jr. and William HG Fitzgerald lead to assigning Jack Ruby when the problem of Oswald in DPD custody persisted well into the weekend....

Guest Tom Scully

hmmmm.....

I more than realize my viewpoint about discordant elements on the Forum is not going to be welcome

by anybody in particular. But I have been posting here for five years, some people might say I don't

tend to be strident, but at this point I really don't care.

I respect everyone here, even though there is a growing sentiment on my part, and others too, that

the Education Forum has seen better days.....

I am sorry, Robert, but I cannot disagree with you more. A new member has posted 56 times in less than 48 hours in another thread. His efforts and presentation are enthusiastically supported by a longtime member who seems to have persuaded others lately to vehmently disagree with him on almost everything he projects.

I fail to understand how any of that would distract you to the point you chose to focus on that sideshow, instead of reacting to my last post in this thread. Did you even read it? Please check out the .pdf files I linked to. They are other reports about the widow of the State Dept. official you inspired me to look into.

This forum is a sum of all the contributions to be found posted in it. Work with me as you have in the past. I try to keep my work unaffected by the sideshow, even as I feel obligated to take time out to be a kindergarten monitor.

Can we agree to influence each other to stay here and stay at this? I need your participation, Robert.

In my last post in this thread, I included :

....Jonathan Bush is an RS Reynolds director. William B. Macomber, Jr. was Tom Devine's best man, Nancy Bush's best man, and I've linked Macomber, Ernest Byfield, Jr. and William Casey to the tiny, top secret OSSEX circa D-Day 1944, OSS infiltration program. Byfield, Jr. was the best man of William HG Fitzgerald, Oliver W. Hammonds was an usher and became Jack Crichton's co-director and accountant at Arabian Shield Corp.....

George Ray was Oliver W. Hammonds's law partner in Dallas :

http://clubs.harvard...rtname=hcdallas

A BRIEF HISTORY OF

THE HARVARD CLUB OF DALLAS

February 1965 Memories Provided By

Dilworth S. Hager

....The Harvard Club was inactive in the early 40s, during the Second World War. They began to have meetings in 1946 or 1947. I remember that I went to a meeting in '46 or '47 and was accidentally elected President. Other Presidents in the late 40s and 50s were: Stewart Dyckman, George Ray, George Powell, Walter Bader, Oliver Hammonds, and Clinton Russell. Later Presidents were: Skip Garvey, Stewart Bennett, Bernard McGuire, Al Lurie, and Evan Nance. The Club has been fortunate in having active men in this office.

Mr. Stewart Ralston Dyckman

December 1, 1909 - August 12, 2007

Stewart Dyckman died peacefully in his 98th year. He was predeceased by his wife “Timmie” Winifred and his grandson Peter Machida.

He is survived by his son Alan Dyckman of Seattle and daughters Dr. Helen (Norm) Machida of Calgary, Anne (Ron) Cudmore of Ireland, and Claire Dyckman of Seattle. He will also be missed by his sister Frances Newsom of Dallas, and his grandchildren Rob and Heather Machida, Kris and Mark Cudmore and Chantae Dyckman.

Born in Dallas to a Canadian mother and American father, Stewart had fond memories of a Texas childhood with summers in Ontario, four years at Harvard, a bachelor decade in New York City where he met his wife Timmie, and some years in Dallas before moving to Calgary with his young family in 1952.

His passions were family, family travel and camping, farming, hunting, fishing, dancing and creative discourse or “snip” with his grandkids. He served as a Lieutenant Commander in the US Navy in the Pacific. His business career included Chase Manhatten Bank, the Republic National Bank of Dallas, Proctor and Gamble, and almost thirty years with Norcen in Calgary. Stewart loved teaching Sunday School in Calgary and in Seattle; sponsored several families to the US and Canada; and visited the elderly during his retirement years in Seattle. He felt most thankful for a very full life.

The family thanks the caregivers at Wentworth Court. In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made directly to the charity of your choice. To forward condolences visit www.leydens.com.

A Celebration of Stewart’s life will be held on Friday, August 17, 2007 at 3:00 p.m. at Leyden’s Chapel of Remembrance (17th Avenue and 2nd Street SW).

Below is a thumbnail of an image file attachment. The image file is of the 1939 Citizenship Naturalization document of George A. Bouhe. It includes the names, addresses and signatures of two sponsors of Bouhe, Stewart Dyckman and Alexander Daniloff. Stewart Dyckman's parents were Willaim A. Dyckman, son of William H. and Naomi Dyckman of Orange, NJ, and Clare M. Stewart, daughter of Douglas Stewart of Ottawa, CA, and granddaughter of a Nova Scotia lumber baron from Scotland. The W.A. Dyckman house is preserved in Dallas.

I expect that Bouhe went to Dallas at the behest of Stewart Dyckman.

New York Times - Oct 31, 1960

SEA CLIFF, L, I., Oct. 30u Alexander Daniloff of 48 Littleworth Lane, a translator at the United Nations for the last twelve years, died yesterday in the Community ...

AlexanderDaniloff%2520.jpg........

post-6258-0-85280000-1336990432_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tom Scully

Well, its nice to be needed, I suppose. I have a few things for everyone concerned. As much as he is not particularly a favorite among some here, it was David Lifton, who once said that the Oswald/Mexico topic was the Rosetta Stone of the assassination.

I believe there is a lot of merit to that.

Also, I would also suggest that this area has the potential to point the assassination in heretofore unchartered territory. Consider Claude Capehart, he was linked to Global Marine, which, in turn links to the 1970's story of the Glomar Explorer and the CIA's involvement in taking certain items from the submarine, and ostensibly giving a full military funeral at sea to some of the deceased Soviet sailors.....

Glomar Explorer, evokes Howard Hughes, and Howard Hughes evokes the 1960's era loan made to Donald Nixon, who, as we all know was the brother of a certain President who resigned in 1974. Global Marine put in a bid on the project but didn't get the contract.

that is a little "Food for Thought."

I would also mention that with all these threads about LeMay and the JCOS and that area, there is a linkage regarding Oswald, the real one, ostensibly to one Martin Marty Abelow, who worked for NASA, went to New Orleans at one point and was collecting souvenirs, which he brought back and was showing his NASA buddies, and who, get this, had been in Mexico also, my, my...

See WC 1033

https://www.maryferr...429&relPageId=2

Evoking, the DeMorenshildt's connection to an encounter with, was it Yuri Gargarin in Mexico, one of those cosmonauts

at any rate.

A phrase John Newman used in his Oswald book, regarding CIA activities in regard to Elden Hansen was "stepping in to his reality," and basically using it for their own purposes.

While some of these people being puppeteered by D.A. Phillips, Howard Hunt and so forth could have been unwittingly used the blond Oswald didn't "not know what he did," he would have known he was being put

into "an encounter fraught with implications."

I am going on memory, but if I am not mistaken George Michael Evica in And We Are All Mortal, proved how far ahead of his time he was, by pointing out Carlos Bringuer's link to AMBLOOD, associated persons/topics

Oswald, of course....Louis Luis Toriella/Castro assassination team/Gunatanamo.......

Final thought: Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere.

Edited by Robert Howard

Great.