The Education Forum

Sterling and Peggy Seagrave: Gold Warriors

And if we have the author's attention:

Did you run across references to Field Operations Intelligence in relation to treasure recovery/transfer?

Hi Charles ~

Sorry, but Peggy only lets me out of my cage every other day.

No. Not that I recall. I know the term, but don't associate it with recoveries of Japanese loot in the PI. There everything seems to have been done by Willoughby's G-2 (with help from US Army Corps of Engineers) until CIA came on the scene and privatized it. However, in Japan, Willoughby re-focussed on having leftists and liberals assassinated, and employing Kodama, Sasakawa and other war criminals excused from Sugamo Prison -- so the US Army carried out most recoveries in the Home Islands. This is supported by US Army archives that cite an astonishing quantity of recovered war loot and drugs. This meant a number of organizations became involved in Japan.

Sterling

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And if we have the author's attention:

Did you run across references to Field Operations Intelligence in relation to treasure recovery/transfer?

Hi Charles ~

Sorry, but Peggy only lets me out of my cage every other day.

No. Not that I recall. I know the term, but don't associate it with recoveries of Japanese loot in the PI. There everything seems to have been done by Willoughby's G-2 (with help from US Army Corps of Engineers) until CIA came on the scene and privatized it. However, in Japan, Willoughby re-focussed on having leftists and liberals assassinated, and employing Kodama, Sasakawa and other war criminals excused from Sugamo Prison -- so the US Army carried out most recoveries in the Home Islands. This is supported by US Army archives that cite an astonishing quantity of recovered war loot and drugs. This meant a number of organizations became involved in Japan.

Sterling

Sterling,

Many thanks. The FOI business is more than a hunch, less than a defensible hypothesis. At least for the time being.

Field Operations Intelligence has been referenced only twice -- to my knowledge -- in the canon, most recently and intriguingly by Dick Russell in "The Man Who Knew Too Much," and even there just briefly. That Richard Case Nagell connects to FOI -- or so he claimed -- and to intelligence ops in Japan, and to relatively arcane insights into Willoughby (who at the time of publication of Russell's tome was not at all appreciated by the JFK community) was enough to activate the radar.

Nagell played the FOI card very close to his vest. He intimated that the organization was important and, to paraphrase, above top secret.

Yeah, I may be far off the mark on this one. But the scent lingers in the air, like cordite on a warm, late November afternoon in the South, so we press on.

Charles

Mr. Seagrave thanks for writing here on the forum; as humble tribute I have tried posting your book around on various mainstream sites like those

affiliated with St. Louis Post Dispatch and Des Moines Register. Might seem a waste of time, but these get a lot of viewers, and IF FRAMED THE RIGHT WAY

can attract readers to the forum and perhaps get a few extra amazonian sales. I included a review of some of other books by the guy from Harvard in

in order to ward off those who would shout "conspiracy theory" on que as if it were a new pledge of allegiance. I held the H like a cross in an exorcism,

that's how superfically this term has become!

Something to think about in a journalistic environment in which the real McCoys got stung thirty years ago.

My question concerns Al Haig and his Saucy "57" bond.

Am I correct in infering that this is the only time one of these extra special bonds was cashed?

You mention that Haig first visited Bush 41 in an effort to learn how to make the Japanese budge from their position that all of

the bonds were frauds. Do you think that this meeting was adversarial or cooperative? I ask this because I am unclear about the

relationship between Bush and Haig. I have read in some places that they didn't like each other an there Bush had Haig ejected

after Haig's -- some say strategically misquoted-- "Im in charge here" immediately following the Reagan assassination attempt.

On the other hand the book Silent Coup seems to implicate Haig in a right wing, CIA connected coup to remove Nixon becasue of opposition

to hs moves away from the Gold Standard and towards the USSR and China.

Do you have any thoughts on this Haig- Bush relationship or frostbite? Did it effect their meeting over the 57 in any way?

I was unaware of Haig's background with McArthur and his little fascist. Are you aware of any links that Haig may have maintained with China

OSS types through the years, perhaps via ONI?

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Mr. Seagrave,

I consider Col. L. Fletcher Prouty to be a mentor of mine since I first came upon his works being distributed by a company based in Costa Mesa, CA, known as The Noontide Press, in 1990.

Have you ever been contacted by Len Osanic to appear on Black Op Radio to speak about your books and your contribution to the cause? Len is the archivist for all of Prouty's works and has kept his site known as www.prouty.org going since before I remember finding it on the web in 1997, when I first went on-line. As I write this to you, there is an 8 X 10 framed photo of Prouty looking down on me from the wall to the right of my computer. A birthday gift to me from Len a few years back.

I don't get a chance to go to the site as much as I used to, but I catch the archived shows of BOR, especially when Len sends me a link to something he feels I need to know. I have met with Len a couple of times on his trips down to L.A., and he always has a home at my house, and use of my truck, if he needs it. I really want to purchase your full set of works, as soon as possible. My e-mail address is tmauro@pacbell.net. Do you take B of A VISA? Because, the more I read of your posts, the more imperative the need for me to get my hands on your books.

I just got off the phone with Len Osanic, informing him that I'm in the middle of posting this to you on The Education Forum. He would love to hear from you, and extends the invitation to appear on his Black Op Radio Show, airing from Vancouver, B.C. every Thursday evening from 17:30 to 18:30 PST. His e-mail address is osanic@prouty.org. Please get back to me regarding the purchase of your books, ASAP, if at all possible. I am known for purchasing books for gift-giving, as a way of getting the message across, and your message has been my message for 40 or more years, and most definitely for the last seventeen.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely yours,

Theresa C. Mauro aka Ter

Culver City, CA

Hi Ter ~

We've been in touch with Len Osanic, who kindly provided us with a CDROM of some of Fletcher Prouty's archives. We haven't done any live interviews in a long time, except by email where we can reflect on things before we reply. We're allergic to the media because we've been burned by both a British TV producer and a Japanese TV producer. The Brit turned out to be working for some folks at the US Embassy who wanted to smear us, and the Japanese were sent to find out exactly where we lived -- which resulted in threatening midnight phonecalls from US Treasury agents to my wife's elderly parents in North Carolina, and an attempt to trick us into going to the US Consulate in Marseille for "an IRS audit" where we would have been "disappeared". We managed to block the harrassment by reporting all this to the French DEST, whose HQ is just down the road. /// The only book we sell at our website is the first edition of GOLD WARRIORS, and three CDs of documentation (BofA cards accepted, especially yours). The rest are either available at Amazon.com or at Abebooks.com (a global net of used book dealers). Probably the best edition of Gold Warriors is the paperback, which has two new chapters added. But for those with the hardback, John Simkin has now posted PDF versions somewhere here. (I'm still a novice finding my way around here.)

Sterling

Dear Mr. Seagrave,

Thank you, so much, for your reply. I went to your web site, which directed me to amazon.com. I have purchased Gold Warriors, The Soong Dynasty, and The Last Empress. They were out of Ferdinand Marcos. I have since purchased another copy of Gold Warriors for a dear friend of mine in Northern California, who just underwent surgery for Pulmonary Fibrosis, and was so thrilled to have a copy in hand to read during his recovery. And, I was informed just last week by my partner, Jeff, that I am not at liberty to give away my copy, since he has decided to make it his copy. He remarked that he finds the content of information of such important documentation, that it is to be kept in his possession. This is coming from a Viet Nam vet, and I'm not about to argue with him. Besides, he never forgave me for giving away all my Prouty books and CD's. But, it's extremely important to get the word out to the most diversified population I can think of. A lot of people would never have heard about Prouty, such as my Sociology of Law professor, an attorney in her own right, had I not passed his works on to her. So, I've just ordered up another 2 copies of Gold Warriors, and I really need to get my hands on the CD's because they're not being offered on Amazon. And yes, the copies I've been purchasing are in paperback, and at a very good price, I might add. I will go back to Bowstring, straight away, and order the CD's', as soon as I finish this post.

I'm very dismayed to hear of the way your family has been harassed and subjected to such egregious indignities by U.S. gov. emissaries. I don't blame you for taking leave of the States. It's been a sorry excuse for something masquerading as a democracy. Then again, the very principles upon which it was based were one-sided to begin with, pertaining strictly to those of the white male, and landed gentry. A troubling legacy, akin to a festering sore, was all that could be expected to develop in the hearts and minds of those who swallowed the doctrine of Manifest Destiny. And, without so much as a blink of an eye, or a xxxxx of the conscience, to the atrocities being committed against the native inhabitants, and the African slaves being imported.

From what I've just read of your personal accounts, nothing seems to have changed all that much. Anyone, so bold as to attempt to go up against Mockingbird, will be subjectively reminded of just how much contempt is going to be held for them. Therefore, I completely understand your need for treasuring your privacy, and for wishing to maintain as low a profile as possible. I'm grateful to you and Peggy for having had the courage to document this part of history, making it accessible to a whole new generation, who'll hopefully become inspired to ask the pointed questions, in spite of being accused of asking them, have the courage to recognize the need for, and demand their government be held accountable. I can't think of any greater homage owed to those pioneers such as yourself, Prouty, Garrison, et.al. who've risked everything, that the truth may be heard.

Thank you, again.

Warmest regards,

Ter

• 4 months later...
.....I think of the apex of this group as the Druids. Below them are their servants. People like McCloy, the Dulles Brothers, were just outsiders who became insiders because they had talent and could do the leg work. We added two additional chapters to the trade paperback from Verso, which explains a lot about these networks.

Mr. Seagrave,

Thanks for joining this Forum. I've enjoyed reading all of your posts. Based on information in this and other threads I just ordered the hardback edition of Gold Warriors. I'm looking forward to reading it.

Could you briefly elaborate on the two additional chapters contained in the paperback version? Thank you very much.

Mike Hogan

Guest David Guyatt

Quote:

We're allergic to the media because we've been burned by both a British TV producer and a Japanese TV producer. The Brit turned out to be working for some folks at the US Embassy who wanted to smear us,

Unquote

Sterling,

Maybe the allergy is of your own making?

On the First Circle documentary, you must take much of the blame for this. You ran into that steel hammer, head first, eyes-open in your anxiety to get your book promoted. I think they saw you coming and smiled.

But there was another option in the wings, as you know. Richard would have treated the subject fairly and with respect. But the impression I have is that he didn’t much care to be played. You told me you were meeting with the First Circle people but not to worry about it, as it had nothing to do with what we were interested in….

Had Richard known in advance that there was not one, but two other contenders in the ring, I don’t think he would’ve entertained the idea at all. But he didn’t know did he -- not from you anyway. Finding out discretely from industry sources that development money was not only “in place” but that filming was due to start in "two weeks time" came as an unpleasant surprise – given the effort already undertaken in good faith.

But even so - and despite my personal animosity towards you for reasons that you are more than familiar with - I don’t like seeing an important work tarnished by outright propagandistic disinformation. Heck those First Circle guys even had Imelda making fun of you and we both know she was up to her filthy neck in one black gold deal after another. They even showed an image of my website, but didn’t have the good grace to ask if they could.

Maybe you should update that photo of yours. It was twenty-five years out of date, seven years ago. Face it, you ain’t that young anymore…

David

• 11 years later...
  • 1 year later...