The Education Forum

Why was Tippit killed?

Is there a consensus on why Tippit was killed and if it was planned in advance?

Some possible reasons:

-Because he was one of the shooters in Dealey Plaza and was eliminated soon after so he wouldn't talk.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Tippit, I am satisfied, was up to his neck in the conspiracy to kill President Kennedy. A Bircher, a marksman and a member of the police force which almost openly connived at the ambush in Dealey Plaza, he was most probably one of the actual snipers - and was quickly silenced for that very reason. And the description which Howard Brennan has given of the Man in the Window makes it a near-certainty, in my opinion, that Officer J. D. Tippit impersonated Lee Harvey Oswald at the deadliest part of the frame-up."

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/JFKtippet.htm

-So that there would be an excuse to kill Mr. Oswald, since killing a police officer is obviously a big offense.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The murder of a police officer would also show that the patsy was on a killing spree and was a public menace.

-To have spare body parts for the cover-up.

----------------------------------------------------------

It's clear that the body evidence was tampered with. The x-rays were not of President Kennedy's brain. David Lifton's theory is that the tampering was done with the body, not with the x-rays and photos. It's not the president's brain that was x-rayed and is missing from the national archive. Is it Tippit's brain?

"The second brain examination, evidently of a brain not the President's, was conducted in order to create a record of a brain specimen that was consistent with the official story that President Kennedy had been shot from behind."

http://www.assassinationscience.com/george.html

"a number of ominous documents and depositions were released over the ARRB's (Assassination Records Review Board) tenure. According to an electronic correspondence between ARRB's Doug Horne and assassination researcher Dr. David Mantik, they include but are not limited to:

3) The sworn testimony of JFK autopsy photographer John Stringer to the ARRB in the summer of 1996 conclusively proved that the photographs of "a brain" in the JFK Collection in the Archives could not be the photographs he shot at a post-autopsy supplemental brain exam----essentially proving that the brain photos in the archives are not of President Kennedy's brain, but rather some other brain.

4) The sworn testimony of former FBI agent Frank O'Neill to the ARRB in September of 1997 indicated that the brain photos in the Archives could not be Kennedy's brain because at autopsy, JFK's brain "was over half gone.""

http://pages.prodigy.net/whiskey99/chapter2.htm

-Some or all of the above?

----------------------------------

-Another reason?

-----------------------

On edit: Fixed a typo--"tapered" to "tampered"

Edited by Myra Bronstein

Is there a consensus on why Tippit was killed and if it was planned in advance?

Some possible reasons:

-Because he was one of the shooters in Dealey Plaza and was eliminated soon after so he wouldn't talk.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Tippit, I am satisfied, was up to his neck in the conspiracy to kill President Kennedy. A Bircher, a marksman and a member of the police force which almost openly connived at the ambush in Dealey Plaza, he was most probably one of the actual snipers - and was quickly silenced for that very reason. And the description which Howard Brennan has given of the Man in the Window makes it a near-certainty, in my opinion, that Officer J. D. Tippit impersonated Lee Harvey Oswald at the deadliest part of the frame-up."

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/JFKtippet.htm

-So that there would be an excuse to kill Mr. Oswald, since killing a police officer is obviously a big offense.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The murder of a police officer would also show that the patsy was on a killing spree and was a public menace.

-To have spare body parts for the cover-up.

----------------------------------------------------------

It's clear that the body evidence was tapered with. The x-rays were not of President Kennedy's brain. David Lifton's theory is that the tampering was done with the body, not with the x-rays and photos. It's not the president's brain that was x-rayed and is missing from the national archive. Is it Tippit's brain?

"The second brain examination, evidently of a brain not the President's, was conducted in order to create a record of a brain specimen that was consistent with the official story that President Kennedy had been shot from behind."

http://www.assassinationscience.com/george.html

"a number of ominous documents and depositions were released over the ARRB's (Assassination Records Review Board) tenure. According to an electronic correspondence between ARRB's Doug Horne and assassination researcher Dr. David Mantik, they include but are not limited to:

3) The sworn testimony of JFK autopsy photographer John Stringer to the ARRB in the summer of 1996 conclusively proved that the photographs of "a brain" in the JFK Collection in the Archives could not be the photographs he shot at a post-autopsy supplemental brain exam----essentially proving that the brain photos in the archives are not of President Kennedy's brain, but rather some other brain.

4) The sworn testimony of former FBI agent Frank O'Neill to the ARRB in September of 1997 indicated that the brain photos in the Archives could not be Kennedy's brain because at autopsy, JFK's brain "was over half gone.""

http://pages.prodigy.net/whiskey99/chapter2.htm

-Some or all of the above?

----------------------------------

-Another reason?

-----------------------

These are very good questions. Tippit, like Ruby, was clearly a major part of the operation that day.

I hope we can find the answers to some of these questions.

Officer Tippit

Edited by Peter McGuire

Another reason?

I suspect Tippit’s role was to kill Oswald while resisting arrest. It made no sense that he was where he was. Nor would he have been able to identify Oswald from the description that had been given. Nor was Oswald acting suspiciously at the time. Oswald realised what was about to happen and shot Tippit dead.

I believe this is the most likely explanation, however, I accept that some of the evidence suggests that it was not Oswald who killed Tippit. Whereas I think there was only a 10% chance that Oswald killed JFK it raises to about 55% for Tippit. Even so, given the evidence available, and the way it was treated by the Dallas police, I don’t think he would have been convicted of the murder if he had been brought to court.

Another reason?

I suspect Tippit’s role was to kill Oswald while resisting arrest. It made no sense that he was where he was. Nor would he have been able to identify Oswald from the description that had been given. Nor was Oswald acting suspiciously at the time. Oswald realised what was about to happen and shot Tippit dead.

John,

I don't have a problem with your theory in-and-of-itself, but then what are we to make of the claims of witnesses Acquilla Clemons and Frank Wright to the effect that Tippit was killed by two men? If Oswald shot Tippit, and if Oswald was accompanied by another man, then who was his (probable) accomplice?

--Thomas

Edited by Thomas Graves

Since we are speculating, why are we certain that Tippit's murder is, by necessity, linked to the assassination of JFK ? This is certainly a tangent that has kept many bright minds busy and confused for 43 years.

Perhaps it could very well have been a personal matter, one that in no way involved the assassination, but ocurred, at a related time in a possibly related area.

Since we are speculating, I would like to throw in one of my speculations that I am of course unable to substantiate with fact or documentation.

I do not believe that LHO, who obviously had developed "street savvy", would have been foolish enough to return to his home when he probably realized that he had been "Patsied", in the Dealey Plaza event, and very likely was being sought as a suspect.

There is only one witness to Oswald entering his rooming house. I do not feel that Oswald kept his pistol hidden in such an "unsecured" location. I feel that he retrieved his pistol from the Paine garage, when it began, for some reason, to dawn on him, that he was involved in a "something" that was over his head and very scary.

I will continue to speculate that only Wes Frazier and sister Linnie Mae reported Oswald as having a "paper package". NO ONE saw Oswald approach or enter the TSBD carrying any "package". I propose that Wes Frazier was a one time intelligence asset.

Since I now have set the stage for a little more of my possible paranoia, I might as well continue.

I feel that when Oswald stated during his police interview, that he "did not" own a rifle....he was telling the truth. I feel that at some time prior to the assassination, the conspirators, approached Oswald thru one of their "minor assets", possibly Wes Frazier, to make an offer to purchase his rifle at a somewhat elevated price. An offer that Oz could not refuse ! The rifle was placed (hidden) somewhere in the TSBD prior to the assassination date.

I think that the curtain rod story set forth only by Wes and his Sister involved them in a small but very important aspect of this plot. They probably had no idea of why the authorities were using them to establish this scenario, and were later in fear for their lives if they departed from this set up.

There was NO PACKAGE. Wes goofed up while trying to explain the "length" of a package that never existed.

Now for my bigger speculation ! I believe that Wes Fraziers job was to lure Oswald to the Paine house.

He could have done this by telling Oz that Marina for several weeks was having a male visitor every Thursday night. Perhaps this visitor was hinted to be James Hosty. Perhaps this is what prompted the Oswald/Hosty "note" at the FBI office two weeks prior.

Oswald visited Marina....of course NO agent Hosty!

Since, as I mentioned earlier, Oz new that he was involved in "some kind of intelligence action", tho he knew not what....he was worried. He retrieved his pistol from the Paine garage and had it with him on the morning of 11/22.

In my paranoid speculations, Wes Frazier was a very small but most important "cog" in the plan.

Just think....If LHO had died of a heart attack on the day before the assssination....very little need be changed. A bill of sale would turn up that would "prove" beyond any doubt that Wes had bought this rifle from his co-worker and that it was Wes that had shot the President !

Well.....since my delusions are beginning to fade away, I will return to my straight jacket !

Charlie Black

Edited by Charles Black