The Education Forum

Is this receipt for the Mystery Package

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_YwYqFBoL3ZA/S0nxNLG3A0I/AAAAAAAAAI8/Urm8NzsEjkg/s1600-h/PaperBagPackage.jpg

http://digitalcollections.baylor.edu/cdm/compoundobject/collection/po-arm/id/25951/rec/3

Hi Jim,

There’s at least one thing that makes me think the label was not placed over anything else, and that’s the small but discernable small letters, numbers, and symbols observable just above the off-label word “Texas”.

I’m sorry, I’m unable to post photos, but if you bring up the Baylor photo #4 and enlarge the off-label “Texas”, I think you’ll see what I mean.

From my point of view, those are some of the decoding hints that seem to be strewn subtlety around the label and the package itself. Those letters, numbers, and symbols also argue for the notion that there is encryption going on here.

The word Irving has some characters above it too, but I can’t make anything out of them.

The way the word “Irving” was written has always bothered me, especially because, from my point of view, everything that looks like a mistake or sloppiness usually transforms into something that looks intentionally meaningful.

The “I” in “Irving” looks fine, but where there should be an “r”, there’s what appears to be a capital “A” lying on its side. The next letter, “v”, looks okay, but the “in’ is all but nonexistent. And of course the last letter, “g” looks like a “y”.

This could very well be intentional, as it could, for example, translate to “I see and record”, if viewed as the phonetic Spanish I believe was intended in the words “Nassaus St” on the label (post #75)

So as apposed to the letters that spell “Irving”, what we really see is “I”, an “A”, (not “r”), a “v”, and a “y”.

“I” in Spanish also means “I”.

The sound of “A not r” in Spanish is “anotar”, and it means to annotate or record.

The sound “v” in Spanish is the word “ve”, and it means “see”.

“y” in Spanish is “and”.

“I, a not r, v, y” (phonetic Spanish)

“I anotar ve y.” (Spanish)

“I record and see” (English)

Phrased in English syntax: “I see and record”.

Added to the translation of phonetic Spanish from post #75 it would be, “I see and record. This note is you”. (at least this is what I get).

If these phrases were intentional, they may or may not have been important to include on the label. I think he just added them because he could - they aren’t his central set of messages. His central messages are easier and specific.

Tom

Edited by Tom Hume

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.jfkresearch.freehomepage.com/murr.htm (Use this for most things)

http://digitalcollections.baylor.edu/cdm/compoundobject/collection/po-arm/id/25951/rec/3 (Use this for a couple of things - no detail in label)

Until a better photo of the label becomes available, I think I’ll be giving this topic a rest.

Attempting to keep things simple, I’d like to state what I think the address line on the label is saying. I’ve suggested bits of this before, but I’d like to put it in one place. I think the designer of the label was trying to be complete and in some sense, clear and tidy – I would too.

The address line appears to read, “601 West Nassaus St”, but that’s not all there is to it.

It can be broken into two chunks: “601 West”, and “Nassaus St”.

First chunk: “601 West”:

The number “601” is changed into letters using the most simple and most common coding device: (A=0)(B=1)(C=2)(D=3)(E=4)(F=5)(G=6)(H=7)(I=8)(J=9)(K=10)(L=11)(M=12)(N=13)

(O=14)(P=15)(Q=16)(R=17)(S=18)(T=19)(U=20)(V=21)(W=22)(X=23)(Y=24)(Z=25)

This yields, “GAB WEST”.

The “W” in West has three additional letters embedded into it: “I, N, and R”.

This makes “GAB INRWEST”, a total of ten letters, all of which are used to make what I believe is the intended name anagram: “W.G. BANISTER”.

Second chunk: “Nassaus St”

Looking closely at these two words, they both appear to be more complex than that.

The “t” in “St” has a capital “A” lying horizontally on its stem. I believe this is not only intentional, but necessary to form the intended word.

“Nassaus”, which is already suspicious looking because of the “s” on the end, has another suspicious letter, “u”. Looking at it carefully, it could just as easily be regarded as “ie”, and the “i” even appears to be dotted. I believe this is not only intentional, but necessary to form the intended word.

The expression now contains these letters: NASSAIES STA”.

I believe the intended anagram, using all eleven letters, with none left over, is, “ASSASSINATE”.

Neat and tidy. One perfect anagram from what appears to be “601 West”, and one perfect anagram from what appears to be “Nassaus St”, and all on the address line.

Two perfectly clear and tidy expressions using every letter on the address line with no letters borrowed from other lines, and nothing left over, and oh so meaningful. “W.G. BANISTER”, and, “ASSASSINATE”. Did this happen by chance?

I’m no good at puzzles and I don’t even like them. I think that better minds than mine should be working on this and there’s an abundance of those right here on this forum.

Most of what follows are suspicions and speculations – some flimsy, and some well founded.

Put the label photo in your photography program so you can enlarge areas and adjust contrast, sharpness, etc. For most of this you’ll need the first link to the photo of just the label – it shows the most detail. The second link is to the Baylor package photo and it’s on page #4 of the link. This photo has too much light, washing out most of the detail on the label, but there will be times when it’s advantageous to use it.

Using the label photo, turn the image upside down, and “601” becomes “109” as in John Kennedy’s PT-109. Convert “10” and “9” to letters using the above chart, and that makes “KJ”, or “JK”.

While the label is upside down, look inside the “0” and fool with your editing adjustments, you may see, as I do, a large, nicely formed, and dimly shaded capital “F”, to complete the expression “JFK”. If that “F” is in fact there, I have no idea how it was made.

The “O” in Oswald contains a large “C” as part of Oswald’s typical formation of his capital “O”. While the tail of this formation continues off to the right, stopping just above the “s”, the heavier line of the “C” itself, stops abruptly inside the “O”. It’s clearly intended to be a “C” in my opinion. Inside the “C” are two “L’s” – one right side up, and one upside down. This is seen best in the Baylor photo (page #4 of the link).

With the “O” also containing a “C” and two “L’s”, we have a good start on “E. Collins”, and the “i, the “n”, the “e” and the “s”, for that name are all in adjacent letters. (remember, the “W” in West also has an “n”, an “i”, and an “r”).

And I suspect a story here: Ed Collins is firing toward the west from high up in the School Book Depository building. You may find this too, or you may find something else, or you may find nothing.

There’s a lot going on around the word “Lee”. Just below and too the right of the second “e’s” tail swoop, appear to be the numbers “114”. If read backward, that’s 411, and continuing to move in that reverse direction, we pass the “e” in Lee, encounter a small “M” sitting at the top of the “1” in “601”. If we momentarily regard that “1” as something else it looks like, an “l”, then we have “411 Elm”, the address of the Texas School Book Depository.

If we change the “l” back to a “1” (one) in our minds momentarily, we can see an “M” sitting on top of the “1”, which is also connected to the capital “D” below it, making “M1D”, which is the scoped sniper rifle version of the “M1”

Looking back at the “114” that is just below and to the right of the tail-swoop on the second “e” in Lee, the “4” has at least two symbols near it – a triangle just above, and a triangle made up of three dots just to the right.

I can only guess what these symbols are for, but one meaning could be a reminder that letters and numbers can be changed into things they also look like, decoded or encoded using the device above, or in the case of the number “4”, it can be changed into an “E” or be used to mean a third thing, what it also sounds like - “For”.

Whatever the intended meaning, it directed me to look to the very beginning of the address label that starts off with a “For”. There are some hand written letters added. At the bottom of the “F” in “For”, there is another capital “F” lying horizontally, and above that there is a lower case “i”. Another lower-case “i” just like it is added to the “r” in For. With these added letters, there is a good start on the name “F. Fiorini”, but I don’t see an “n” as yet, so pursuing this will have to await a better photo.

The “N” in Nassaus has a break in boldness near the top. I suspect an intentional “r” and “L” embedded in this capital “N”. The “a” next to it, the one with the line drawn through it, seems to be drawn quite boldly on the right side which seems to form a “z”. The next letter “s” is also formed in a way that leads to other suggestive possibilities. (refer to the Baylor photo for this). Also, the “T” in Texas just below the “N” appears to be formed to also double as a “Y” tilted on its side.

This whole area is highly suggestive of Loran Hall, AKA: Lorenzo Pacillo, or Larry Howard, AKA: Alonzo Escruido, or possibly both. I suspect that he/they are also engaged in an activity from a specific location and shooting in a certain direction. I’d like to know what real puzzle solvers come up with here.

Once again, these are all opinions and suspicions of mine.

There are indications both on an off label that we are supposed to multiply the “6” in 601, times the letter “L” in Lee directly above it, and also multiply the “0” in 601 times the first “e” in Lee directly above it. This yields 6x11=66, and 0x4=0, and “0” converts to “A”, so our answer is “66A” or “Alpha 66”. Since the “D” in Dallas is indented so far, there’s even room for our answer. If we wanted to bolster the name “Gabaldon”, we could change the “66” to “GG” and have “G.G. Gabaldon”, standing for “Guy ‘Gabby’ Gabaldon”.

I suspect there might have been an intention by the designer of the label to allow us to make many if not all of the pertinent names and words out of just the capital letters on the label, and these would include the below label “I” and “T” in “Irving Texas” (if that’s what it actually says). These would be “LOGABWNSDTIT”. But there are no instructions, and there are two problems with this: There’s no “E”, and no “K”, and although I can offer a rational for both of those, without instructions, there are just too many letters available to be meaningful at this point.

Another construction possibility, is that each name that’s supposed to be easily decoded can be individually put inside it’s own individual box, it’s own complex picture frame if you will, without including any extra letters.

I suspect that the creator of the label crossed out the word Dallas and did so for several reasons. He wanted the package to end up in the dead letter office at Irving, or delivered postage-due to the Paine’s house. Also, he needed the letters in Dallas to form the words he wanted. And, he wanted Dallas lined through so he’d have the two “L’s” crossed to double as two “T’s”.

The odd looking second “a” in Dallas is worth some consideration. I suspect it could be a compound letter, “cia”, all in one. This would allow one to construct the name “Win Scott” all in one strait shot and have a “CIA” logo right in the middle of the name.

As stated, the “W” in West has three other letters embedded in it; an “n”, an “i”, and an “r”. This area needs a careful analysis because it’s highly suggestive of both “Win Scott”, and “Edwin Walker”. Also, the word “West” is a direction, a compass heading of 270 degrees, which makes the WINchester 270, a dandy sniper cartridge I understand, also a possible intent.

Also, with the “n” prominently attached to the “W” in West, it can be viewed as “nWest”, or “Northwest”. The compass heading for that direction is 315 degrees. 315 is a number anagram for 531, and 531 LaFayette St. was Guy Banister’s business address. Also, 315 converted to letters is DBF, which is sort of David Ferrie’s initials, “David ‘Bill’ Ferrie” (his middle name was actually William). Also, the first thing on the address line is “601”, and when converted to letters, it’s “GAB”, which is an anagram for the name of Guy Banister’s business – “GBA”, “Guy Banister Associates”.

As I’ve speculated in other posts, it seems possible to come up with phonetic Spanish sentences that are relevant. Whether they were intentional or not, I don’t know, but if they were, they seem more like an interesting commentary than specific information, and if intentional, I don’t think they’re a primary part of the message.

Oswald tells how to change numbers into letters and vice versa. He does this with the first expression on the address line, “6;01”. By putting a semicolon between the “6” and the “01”, he’s telling us to use the “01” method; 0=A, 1=B, 2=C, etc., - the one I learned in grade school.

He uses light lines and much heavier lines, usually appearing to have been drawn over two or three times. When you see this on the label, and it’s all over the place, suspect that there is a good reason for it – he’s showing you something, or making a distinction that will lead to something meaningful. I think that every mark on the label has meaning. What looks sloppy is not – it’s an amazing piece of chraftmanship.

And there’s much more to the message.

So if I think Oswald created this package and label as a message, possibly to the world, what is my suspected scenario?

Pure speculation: Oswald was a good spook. He did his job, played his roles, and he never ever wrote anything down that would blow his cover – just like he was taught.

He found himself playing the roles he was told to, and began to suspect that he was being set up as the patsy in the assassination of the President of the United States.

He wasn’t sure if he was being paranoid and everything would work out fine, or if he would soon wind up dead.

To insure that his story would get told, and possibly for revenge purposes, he left a message and possibly a series of messages, that would appear meaningless unless and until he suddenly became world famous and unable to speak. All the messages fell down the memory hole with the exception of this one.

Some of my suspicions are only half-baked, and some of them I feel more confident about. One suspicion I am confident about is that there’s a whole lot here that I know nothing about. I’ll repeat myself: I’m no good at puzzles and I don’t even like them. I think that better minds than mine should be working on this and there’s an abundance of those right here on this forum.

Tom

Edited by Tom Hume

Two perfectly clear and tidy expressions using every letter on the address line with no letters borrowed from other lines, and nothing left over, and oh so meaningful. “W.G. BANISTER”, and, “ASSASSINATE”. Did this happen by chance?

I’m no good at puzzles and I don’t even like them. I think that better minds than mine should be working on this and there’s an abundance of those right here on this forum.

Tom

Tom, it is unlikely that those two terms would appear in the same crytpo-message by accident.

I, for one, believe you are onto something important. Yet I don't pretend to follow your cryptological program yet.

I wonder if most people here feel the same. You say you're no good at puzzles -- or rather you don't like them -- but you seem to have a natural talent for code-breaking.

You mentioned earlier that you play jazz music -- and that is among the more complicated uses of the human mind.

So, I believe you are a natural-born code-breaker. How you developed your talent, I don't know, but clearly you did.

I have just one thing to add here -- Harry Dean told me in response to reading your thread that although he can't fully follow your theory, either, when he was an undercover operative for the FBI they ordered him to come up with his own code or they would come up with one for him. It was Standard Operating Procedure. Harry came up with his own.

One wonders, given this input, whether Lee Harvey Oswald came up with his own code, or whether he was assigned one by any of the Intellgence Communities with which he was connected.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo, MA

<edit typos>

Edited by Paul Trejo

Perhaps this technique/cypher could be applied to the diaries in an "unknown" language?.

Dimly lit label photograph: http://www.jfkresearch.freehomepage.com/murr.htm

Brightly lit package photograph (page #4) http://digitalcollections.baylor.edu/cdm/compoundobject/collection/po-arm/id/25951/rec/3

I’m not so sure there is much coding going on here other than A=0, B=1, C=3, etc.

Here’s where I completely loose all credibility or not.

There is no external key to untangling the meaning of Oswald’s Tale on the label of the Undeliverable Package.

There is enough on the surface such as, “W.G. Banister” and “Assassinate”, and other things I have mentioned, to know that this is a message and that it’s important.

The real key to finding out what the entire message is, is knowing that the label was crafted using two different types of ink, and the label “GLOWS IN THE DARK”.

The address line starts out “6;01”. This is a major reason for the semicolon between the “6” and the “01”. “01” is the symbol for ON/OFF.

Incert picture

Before you change the “601” to “GAB”, just change only the “6” to “G” and read the first four characters on the address line, and read what they look like, not what you think they are: “G O l W” or “G l 0 W” – “GLOW”.

Now read only the first four capital letters on the first two lines in a clockwise direction. “G” (which has been changed from a “6”), “L” (in Lee), “O”(in Oswald), “W” (in West). Again it’s “GLOW”. The “W” in West also contains an “i” and an “n”. “GLOW in”, and the rest of the letters are nearby.

Start from the “G” again, and read the capital letters in a downward direction: “G” (in 601/GAB), “D” (in Dallas), “I” (in Irving): “G.D.I.”, or “G.I.D.”, or “Glow In Dark”.

The striking difference between the dark label photograph we have, and the brightly lit package photograph we have, has always bothered me. I’ve been focusing heavily on the darker lines, the bolder lines on the label photo, and noticing that the heavier lines both carried meaning and changed meaning. Looking at the brightly lit (Baylor) package photograph, most all of that goes away.

I’ll give some examples: The semicolon in the darkly lit label photograph is very distinct. In the brightly lit package photograph, it is gone – not there. Darkly lit you see it, brightly lit you don’t.

The ending tail swoop of the second “e” in Lee, is forked, forming a horizontal “V” shape. We kind of need that “V” to make the name he’s wanting us to make. In the package photograph, that “V” is gone. Darkly lit you see it, brightly lit you don’t.

At the very end of the address line on the darkly lit label photograph, the “t” in “St” has a distinct “A” lying horizontally across the stem. We need this “A” to elegantly complete the anagram “Assassinate”. In the brightly lit package photograph, this “A” is gone.

At the second “e” in Lee, right between the loop of the “e” and the tail swoop, there are three distinct dots forming a triangle. Not only is this symbol one of the symbols for electricity, these dots are completely missing in the brightly lighted package photo.

There are ghost letters that I’ve been too timid to mention. One of them I have talked about is the very nice but very faint capital “F” sitting upside down in the very center of the “0” in “601”. Remember that if you turn the label photograph upside down, the “601” becomes “109” as in JFK’s PT-109. “10” decodes to “K”, and “9” decodes to “J”. While the label is upside down, look carefully at the center of the “0”. Use your contrast, brightness, exposure, etc. tools to bring this out if you need to. You will see a very nicely formed capital “F” to complete the expression “JFK”. It’s there, and it looks faint because it was made with a light shade of “GLOW IN THE DARK” ink.

At the moment, another more important meaning for this “F” is that it’s inside the “O” which is not only the symbol for “OFF” in the “01 - on/off” sense, but it also spells “OF”.

And there are many other “ghost” images like this strewn around the label and package, and stories being told, and the naming of names, mostly hidden until the lights are low.

There are other signals on the label and package that will indicate this thing glows in the dark and we need to turn the lights off. Look for them.

I’ve been staring at this label photo for a year and a half (interrupted by a coronary bypass), and I’ve got some major chunks of the story. A better photograph of the label would most certainly improve things, but what needs to happen, is somebody competent needs to start working on this – not me. The package is sitting at the NARA waiting.

When I got interested in this package a year and a half ago, Bill Kelly said to me in a post, “DON’T LET GO!” And I haven’t. That seemed like a challenge, but it was also something I wanted to do because I felt the package and it’s label were important. I think I was right.

So Bill, it’s my turn to challenge you. The NARA is just down the street from you, you know how to get things done, and you’re my favorite researcher/writer. Consult with who ever you need to validate or discredit the major thrust of my outrageous claims. If you find validity, take this ball and run with it, and “DON’T LET GO”.

This label is Oswald’s Tale, and it needs to be told.

Tom

Edit: I just noticed one more thing: The “w” in Oswald has a little hook on its left peek which gives that portion of the “w” a “c” shape (this is typical Oswald). If we regard this as a “c”, it makes the right side of the “w” into a “u”. Starting from the beginning of the word then, “Oscu”. In Spanish this means “DARK”.

Edited by Tom Hume

http://www.jfkresearch.freehomepage.com/murr.htm

The word Lee:

Look carefully at the second “e” in Lee. It is crossed at the top forming an “A”, and shaded in a way that makes the bottom of the loop in “e” into a “v”.

This changes the name “Lee” into “Leave”. My on-line Spanish translators say that “Leave” is the same in Spanish and English.

The next name, “Oswald”, has an added crook at the top of the left peak in the “w”. (disregard the markings on the left of this first peak, that seems to be a stream of bullets being fired at the "w" from the top of the “s” by Eddie Collins) This crook makes the “w” into two letters, a “c” and a “u”. The first three letters in “Oswald”, then, become “Oscu”, and my on-line Spanish translator says that means “Dark”.

In Spanish then, the top line reads: “Leave Dark”.

Changing the “6” in 601 to a “G”, the first four capital letters on the label are, “L”, “O”, “G”, and “W”, an anagram for “GLOW”.

Leaving the “01” in 601 alone, and reading them as letters they look just like, the first four letters on the address line are, “G” “O” “L”, and “W”, an anagram for “GLOW”. The “W” also contains an “i” and “n”, making “in”.

Starting at “G” and reading the capital letters in a downward direction, we have “G”, “D” (from Dallas), and “I” (from Irving). “G.D.I.”, or the initials for “GLOW IN DARK”, “G.I.D.”

“Leave Dark”, “Glow in Dark”, “Glow”, “G.I.D”.

Also, the "601" is interrupted by a semicolon, "6;01", setting these numbers apart. "01" is a universal code for ON/OFF.

Put this together with the striking difference between the photograph of the address label, obviously taken in low light, and photograph of the package, obviously taken in bright light, and there is no doubt in my mind that this label, and package too perhaps, was meant to be viewed in low-light to reveal all of its messages.

Ian said: “Perhaps this technique/cypher could be applied to the diaries in an "unknown" language?”

Excellent point Ian. Why don’t you see if it turns out to be this phonetic Spanish he’s using on the label?

Paul said: “I have just one thing to add here -- Harry Dean told me in response to reading your thread that although he can't fully follow your theory, either, when he was an undercover operative for the FBI they ordered him to come up with his own code or they would come up with one for him. It was Standard Operating Procedure. Harry came up with his own.”

“One wonders, given this input, whether Lee Harvey Oswald came up with his own code, or whether he was assigned one by any of the Intellgence Communities with which he was connected.”

Yes, and the obvious question becomes, if this package was made to glow in the dark, was that Oswald's own personal method of coding, and if so, how many pieces Oswald’s personal writings taken into evidence are done in this way – how many “GLOW IN THE DARK”? (and what do they say?).

Tom

Edited by Tom Hume

Ok, I agree that it can be important to understand this package.

Here's an idea. A simple hard to break encryption is the old book, page #, letter. What was the most guaranteed to be recorded or preserved or prominent publication Oswald had around the time this possibly coded message was created? His diary? His manuscript? The Militant? Whatever.

http://www.jfkresearch.freehomepage.com/murr.htm

Hi John,

You know you started this whole thing. Your post #373 on the “Decision to Assassinate” thread of November 28, 2010 is:

“Hey, Tom, while derided in some quarters it's not silly really, imo. Like you say it is a stimulant. I've done the same, feeling silly. eg I used to read it as 691 IWest Nassaua st finding quickly the anagram of assassinate in there. Ok, seeing as it's a s not an a, I ditch it of course. But, I think the 'I' before the W has always been ignored. It also took me on a convoluted tenuous path to a corner on the road to the Sportsdome (or a shooting range south.).”

It was actually a brilliant idea, John, regarding that vertical line to the left of the “W” as a "1" (one). That could be one of its functions in this puzzle, but also one of those many things can't be decided until there's a better photo. Anyway, If you look very closely between what you called a “1” (one) and the “W”, you might see a plus sign (+) with a circle around it. When things get that small it hard to tell artifacts from real stuff, but it looks like a plus sign to me. If so, I'd take that to mean we could add that “1” to “West”, and since west is 270 degrees, that makes “271”. The next three letters after “West” are “Nas” and that could possibly be referring to NSAM 271. Not sure if this is an artifact either, but if you use your sharpness, saturation, etc. controls, you will see a lower case “m” attached to the right side of the “s”. The “m” is on its side, and appears to be very nicely formed and plain as day. This would make “271 NASM", or rather, "NSAM 271", one of the messages here, and there are many folks that think that NSAM 271 was the last straw leading to assassination.

To answer your question about where to look in other examples of Oswald’s writing, I don’t know, but this seems to have huge possibilites. Oswald was using two different inks to create this label; one for the address itself, and the other “glow-in-the-dark” ink to add different characteristics to the individual letters, sometimes to change the meaning of a letter, and sometimes creating compound letters, sometimes drawing pictures and diagrams, creating pictograms using certain parts of letters, and all or most of this required low light conditions.

We are very lucky to have the low-light label photograph, possibly taken at a slow shutter speed or even time exposure. If not for this, we wouldn’t be able to see all the stuff we can see.

I was just reading a little about questions some have concerning Oswald’s use of different inks on some of the extant Oswald documents:

http://ajweberman.com/noduleX20-SEPTEMBER%20AND%20OCTOBER%201963%20MEXICO%20CITY.htm

The obvious thing to do would be to look at all of the evidence in low light and see what reveals itself. Short of that would be the tedious chore of studying each Oswald document, looking for evidence of over-writing, and trying to figure out an alternative hidden meaning.

Tom

Edited by Tom Hume

Thanks Tom. I have my moments. :) But, anyway, I think a lot can be speculated, I don't know about other forms of encryption-decryption. It'd have to be something simple. What about most frequent letters and most frequent doubles? LL is one, which makes the SS after N and A LL. So N is K and ...

I find the documents in the pdf interesting. Don't know what to make of them either..

Thanks Tom. I have my moments. :) But, anyway, I think a lot can be speculated, I don't know about other forms of encryption-decryption. It'd have to be something simple. What about most frequent letters and most frequent doubles? LL is one, which makes the SS after N and A LL. So N is K and ...

I find the documents in the pdf interesting. Don't know what to make of them either..

Granted that it's too early to draw conclusions about details, I'd like to take a step back and assess what Tom and John have dug up here.

If there is merit to this line of research -- and it appears that there is -- then we now have further evidence that Lee Harvey Oswald was working with one or more of the Intelligence Communities in 1963, very likely the FBI.

It is interesting that President Gerald Ford, who was on the Warren Commission, wrote a book about Lee Harvey Oswald the year after the Warren Commission concluded its investigation.

President Ford's book, Portrait of the Assassin (1965), begins with a startling confession -- that the Warren Commission struggled during its full first month of sessions because Dallas D.A. Henry Wade told J. Lee Rankin about documented evidence that Lee Harvey Oswald was a contract informer for the FBI.

Of course J. Edgar Hoover denied it loudly and firmly, and swore, under oath to the Warren Commission that this was not true in any way, shape or form. Hoover also locked Oswald's FBI file away for 75 years.

Yet Gerald Ford could find nothing wrong in Henry Wade's testimony, and it took a solid month to convince the Commission to finally reject Wade's evidence and move forward with J. Edgar Hoover's well-publicized, pre-fabricated conclusion for the Warren Commission.

Jim Garrison was another believer in Wade's theory. But what Jim Garrison and later researchers lacked these forty-nine years has been material evidence to link LHO with the FBI.

It just might be the case that Tom and John have discovered the material evidence - after all these years.

If so, then we have a whole new ball game. Incidentally, this places the testimony of Harry Dean back on a front-burner.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

http://oswaldsmother.blogspot.com/2010/01/mysterious-package.html

If you’re undecided whether or not to take my arguments seriously; that this is a coded message that glows in the dark, this will convince you.

The semicolon between the “6” and the “01” tells us, among other things, that something about this label is in binary code – and it is.

Using the entire name line, address line, city and state line (except for Dallas which is crossed out), and the below label city and state line, there is a proof positive message in binary code.

“Lee Oswald 601 West Nassaus St Texas Irving Texa”

Using the standard A=0, B=1, C=2, etc. to give a numerical value to letters, the odd numbered letters are a “0” (zero), and the even numbered letters are “1”, (one).

The binary code for the label then, is:

01111100 01101110 01001111 00101110 01010101

In binary code, this makes:

“InO. U”

These are the periodic table elements INDIUM, OXYGEN, AND URANIUM (Indium combined with Oxygen Glows)

THESE THINGS MAKE STUFF GLOW IN THE DARK.

Statisticians can check me on this, but the odds against something like this happening by chance has got to be twenty-four zillion to one.

The next question is: How many other extant pieces of Oswald's writings glow in the dark?

Another question that can be answered right now, today, is how much of Oswald's extant writing is actually in binary code?

Tom

Standard number/letter coding device used by Oswald:

(A=0)(B=1)(C=2)(D=3)(E=4)(F=5)(G=6)(H=7)(I=8)(J=9)(K=10)(L=11)(M=12)(N=13)

(O=14)(P=15)(Q=16)(R=17)(S=18)(T=19)(U=20)(V=21)(W=22)(X=23)(Y=24)(Z=25)

Change letters to binary code: (numbers are either odd or even - zeros or ones)

(A=1)(B=0)(C=1)(D=0)(E=1)(F=0)(G=1)(H=0)(I=1)(J=0)(K=1)(L=0)(M=1)(N=0)

(O=1)(P=0)(Q=1)(R=0)(S=1)(T=0)(U=1)(V=0)(W=1)(X=0)(Y=1)(Z=0)

Binary to text:

http://www.roubaixinteractive.com/PlayGround/Binary_Conversion/Binary_To_Text.asp

Edited by Tom Hume

A very interesting thread on one of the most perplexing pieces of evidence in the case.

For a very long time I've thought it likely Oswald mailed this package to himself as a last ditch sort of insurance against the plotters framing him. It's more than silly that he would have put wrapping paper from his workplace in it- surely that's among the most idiotic of the planted pieces of evidence in the case.

I have to admit I never considered the possibilities that the label itself might be a message. It's a remarkably good idea.

I will offer my two-cents on this if I might.

Mr. Hume goes to great lengths to find complicated codework in the label. Oswald was probably very pressed for time to get this insurance policy out at the right moment.

One also needs to consider his age and general way of doing things. Consider his reading habits that summer and fall, when trying to decipher this.

It seems to me that Oswald has left us with a real key to how he felt about himself, what he was doing in this label. You can see with whom he tries to identify with by what he has left us with.

That second "O" within the first "O" of his last name...am I the only one who immediately sees what he means by this?

It gives Double O Oswald seven letters in his last name, for his hero and patron, "Double O Seven".

Lee, in one of his last efforts, is leaving the world notice that he was a good guy, a hero, and not the villain of the piece.

I suspect he played the double agent throughout his short career. The CIA recruits him, sends him to the Soviet Union where he plays the bad guy, giving away American secrets on order from his handlers in the CIA.

He comes back, and plays the part again as a pro-Cuba activist, perhaps this time for the FBI. He gets involved in an anti-FPFC campaign run by the CIA and FBI, which is part of the CIA's plan to dump a seemingly Soviet-run assassin into the FBI's lap in order to halt any post-assassination investigation.

Along the way, Oswald doubles again, infiltrates the plot and saves the day in Chicago. It's long been rumored a tipster named "Lee" saved the day there.

Oswald sees Dallas coming, does what he can, but the assassins have his number. It's Lee's last play at being Double O Seven. The writing is on the wall. He makes an effort- perhaps a bank safety deposit box is likely- to save himself by mailing himself a package with...something in it. A safety deposit box key?

If honest men had fetched the package, Oswald might still have prevailed even in death.

Just my thoughts of course.

Oswald I think, was unlikely to need obscure and hard to decipher code. He needed something that would appear to be an address that couldn't be delivered, yet, could lead to whatever evidence he had in his possession by people willing to look.

If it was really hard to decipher, it was useless.

Anyways, my thoughts on this fascinating matter.

Dimly lit label photograph: http://www.jfkresearch.freehomepage.com/murr.htm

Brightly lit package photograph (page #4) http://digitalcollections.baylor.edu/cdm/compoundobject/collection/po-arm/id/25951/rec/3

Hi Patrick,

I agree with most of what you said, but I might have a different take on a couple of issues. Before I try to address those, I’d like to pitch my last post. It now seems certain that in addition to other levels of encryption “Oswald” was using, he told us in simple binary code about the types of inks he was using to make his “glow-in-the-dark-level” messages – this is not only statistically significant, it almost couldn’t have happened by chance. This is not complicated decoding – those with basic scientific knowledge will see the beauty of what “he” did here I think. Check my last post.

So Patrick, I thought it was an “O”, within an “o”, within an “o”, for a long time and too, and also found symbolism in it. Then, studying the big loop in the big “O”, I saw where he had stopped short inside the big “O”, forming a “C” – he drew over it to accentuate it’s C-ness. The tail of this big curly-cue goes on to the right, but very lightly so. This is typical of this label - dark over-drawn lines, and lighter lines – and these are meaningful. Then, when I first saw the “Baylor” version of the full package photo, I realized it was not a small “o” inside the “C” at all, but actually two “L’s”, one upside down, and one right side up. Consult the link to the “Baylor” photo above.

With a “C” and two “L’s” all embedded in the “O” in Oswald, one might suspect he is talking about Eddy Collins here (Coll). The adjacent letters are an “s”, an “i” and an “n” embedded in the “W” below, and next to the “W” is an “e”. The letters: “O C L L i n s e”, all in one spot. This is an indication that he is making a name for us, all in a tight, close-nit, package – E. Collins. There are other examples of this type of thing.

And I apologize for making anagrams, but “Oswald” was making anagrams – that’s but one level of this incredible creation. There are lots of possibilities when it comes to anagrams, but I find one example so completely compelling that I think I “know” it’s what he wanted us to easily discover.

For a full explanation of this, look at my post #82. Here’s just my conclusion:

“Two perfectly clear and tidy expressions using every letter on the address line with no letters borrowed from other lines, and nothing left over, and oh so meaningful. “W.G. BANISTER”, and, “ASSASSINATE”. Did this happen by chance?”

When I finally saw this, it was one of those head smacking moments. Anyone that was good at this sort of thing should have seen that right off because it’s so obvious I think. “601 West” with the three extra letters in the “W” make the perfect anagram, “W.G Banister”. Nassaus St” with the extra two letters indicated make the perfect anagram “Assassinate”.

And just glancing at the label, it looks kind of innocent. But when one notices that complex “O” in Oswald, and the strange “W” in west, each of these containing three extra letters, It seems obvious that someone wants us to do more than just a surface reading.

And looking just at the capital letters on the left side of the label, we encounter the word “GLOW” done two different ways, and the initials “GID” for “Glow in Dark”. And the slight alteration in the “w” in Oswald, turning the “w” into a “cu”. Put together with the “Os” just before it spells “Oscu”, the Spanish word for “Dark”.

And then there’s the semicolon between the “6” and the “01” of “601”. That “01” being set off like that, might have told someone with a rudimentary knowledge of the binary system used in computers, that there might be a binary code here. And there is. Proof positive in my opinion, using all the letters on the address label (except of the crossed out Dallas) makes a pristine binary message telling us the types of glow-in-the-dark inks he was using – “InO. U” Indium+Oxygen, and Uranium.

For sake of completeness, I should add one more thing. There are 41 letters on the address label, and binary code can only use 40 of them. Therefore, the last letter, the “s” in Irving Texas needs to be dropped. However, that “s” doesn’t appear to be an “s” at all, but a “z”. Look at the Baylor package photo for this. This might mean that the last letter in “Irving Texas” (actually a “Z”) should be added to the U (Uranium) - I don't know, but one of the scientifically minded members of this forum might set me strait.

And then there’s the Spanish level, sometimes phonetic Spanish. The first “a” in Nassaus being lined through indicating the possibility that he’s wanting us to say “not a”. “Nota” in Spanish is note, and the “N” preceding it can be pronounced “En”, making “En Nota”, “In Note”. Finishing off that that line, we might have, “En Nota es os esta”, “In this note is you.” (there’s a capital “A” laying crossways on the “t” in “St),

I might not have this exactly right, but I think it turns out that the whole label can be read in phonetic Spanish, but it requires a good handle on those letters that are altered and those letters that are intentionally ambiguous.

So then, three levels to this message are, the anagram level, the phonetic Spanish level, and the binary level. There are at least two more; the glow-in-the-dark level, and the pictogram level.

Thanks to the fact that the label close-up photograph was taken in low light, we can see some of this glow-in-the-dark level, and some of the pictograms as well. There are many markings on the close-up label photo that are very clear, and just cease to exist on the Baylor full-package photo, obviously taken in brighter light.

To finish off for now, take a look at the Baylor photograph (page 4 on link), and enlarge the “Texas” in Dallas Texas. Look at the last two letters, what we think should be “as”. It looks like two letters and a number. From right to left, there’s an “8” on its side, a “J” on its side, and a contorted “a”. At least that’s what I take them to be. Convert the “8” to an “I”, and that makes “Aji”. In Spanish that’s chili or pepper, and in Japanese, the same word, used in the game “ Go”, (popular among US troops serving in Japan in the 1960’s, I was there too), might be eluding to one or more of the interesting connotations of that word.

The point I’m making with this is not an attempt untangle meaning, but to show a couple of obviously manipulated letters that take on a whole new meaning when recognized.

While you’ve got the Baylor photo up, look off-label just below the “Texas” in Dallas Texas. In the dark area there, where not much light hit that spot, we can make out a bunch of symbols. It’s hard to know what all of them are at this point, but it’s obvious that there are letters, numbers, and symbols that would be meaningful if we could see them and knew what they are.

I contend there are pictograms, the full meaning which will only be revealed in darkness. One of them that is partially visible and has interested me, is the “O” in Oswald containing as it does, a “C”, and two “L’s”. Adding these to the adjacent letters, “i, n, s, and e”, makes E. Collins. The tail extension of the swirl in the “O” is faint, but travels to the top of the “s”. From there, there appears to be a trail of bullets traveling from the top of the “s” in a downward direction to the “w”. One possible meaning for this is that Eddy Collins is firing toward the West from high up in the School Book Depository.

So Patrick, I think that if Oswald made this thing, I think he was a bloomin’ genius. Maybe five levels of meaning can come out of this label, and they all need to be interrelated, they all need to not interfere with the other levels. I don’t understand.

If Oswald did this, and I think he did, it would have taken some time, and maybe that’s why his landlady said that he come home from work every day and stayed in his room.

I think that what appears to complicated and sometimes necessarily arbitrary code breaking, would become simple and crystal clear under the right illumination or lack there of.

What’s more, I think that other extant documentary evidence may have been encoded in either binary form or using glow-in-the-dark inks.

Once again, we need a better version of the label photo, a hands-on and properly lighted inspection of the package, and somebody smarter than me working on this.

Tom

Edited by Tom Hume

Tom, I have been tracking this thread, and wanted to chip in with a couple thoughts. I believe the key to deciphering the label is related to who the intended audience is. And I think we can divide the possible audience into two broad classes. The first would be if the label were designed so that a general audience could understand a simply coded message. If LHO was using the package label as protection in the event he was apprehended by the police, I would expect the code to be simple and the message obvious so that a defense attorney could use it to prove Oswald's innocence. In that event we would need look no further than "W. G. Banister" and "Assassinate" which would be persuasive and easy to demonstrate, for instance, to a jury using simple number/letter substitution (as you have shown).

Another possibility is that the label was coded as a message for someone in the intelligence community. If this were the case, I would expect a more sophisticated method, possibly using a pre-arranged code already known to the intended other party(s).

Within this context, a proper question arises. Who was LHO trying to contact after he was charged with the murders? If there was a piece of evidence that could be used in his defense or point to the perpetrators, it would be a priority to have someone secure that evidence.

It is unfortunate that we have no tapes of the interrogation during the brief period LHO was in custody.

[...]

Another possibility is that the label was coded as a message for someone in the intelligence community. If this were the case, I would expect a more sophisticated method, possibly using a pre-arranged code already known to the intended other party(s).

Within this context, a proper question arises. Who was LHO trying to contact after he was charged with the murders? If there was a piece of evidence that could be used in his defense or point to the perpetrators, it would be a priority to have someone secure that evidence.

[...]

John Hurt?

--Tommy :)