The Education Forum

Clendenin J. Ryan - Baltimore millionaire and CIA funder

From a previous posting by Paul Rigby:

p.142: "Who, Amoss wondered, might be willing to invest in such a scheme? [To smuggle Stalin's son out of the Soviet Union – PR] He found the answer through a complicated chain of contacts, beginning with Mrs. Mary Vaughan King, who runs the Baltimore public relations firm, Counsel Services, of which the colonel is a client. It led to Clendenin Ryan, a somewhat quixotic multi-millionaire, who once served as an assistant to Mayor La Guardia, ran for the New York mayoralty himself on an independent ticket and the governorship of New Jersey, published a semi-political magazine, and sent large sums abroad to break communist-inspired strikes and influence voters in favor of anti-communist candidates for high office."

Amoss ran International Services of Information and worked for Frank Wisner of the CIA. Even Carleton S. Coon worked for Amoss at the OSS as a Major under the Colonel. Coon and Amoss later worked with Robert Emmett Johnson in Baltimore at ISI. So now we have Amoss and Coon linked through Clendenin Ryan right into The Richard Condon Manchurian Candidate crowd like Brig Gen Bonner Fellers who was an ISI patron (Fighting Frank Bollinger), and "...that fascinating young man who wrote about man and God at Yale." (William F. Buckley, Jr. founder of YAF which was funded by Clendenin Ryan) and Ray S. Cline who was John Yerkes Iselin himself in Manchurian Candidate. Cline later took over control of R. E. Johnson when Cline ran WACL and murdered Archbishop Romero.

What was the magazine Clendenin Ryan published? The American Mercury from 1950-1952, the Buckley years.

What other groups did he help to fund and found later in his career? Young Americans for Freedom started at the Sharon estate of William F. Buckley, Jr.

The Conservative Press in Twentieth-Century America - Google Books Resultby Ronald Lora, William Henry Longton - 1999 - Social Science - 744 pages

The new purchaser of the Mercury was Clendenin J. Ryan, an erstwhile reformer who was a prominent financier and the son of an even more prominent financier, ...

books.google.com/books?isbn=0313213909...

The Other Side of the Sixties: Young Americans for Freedom and the ... - Google Books Resultby John A. Andrew - 1997 - Political Science - 287 pages

... David Franke, George Gaines, Robert Harley, James Kolbe, Richard Noble, Suzanne Regnery, Clendenin Ryan, Scott Stanley, John Weicher, and Brian Whelan. ...

books.google.com/books?isbn=0813524016...

Anybody have anything else on this guy Clendenin Ryan? Do a google or a yahoo search on this guy and it may

open your eyes. His family made their money in Copper apparently.

Apparently Clendenin Ryan funded Ulius Amoss and his gang of spies and assassins and somehow Richard Condon found out about Bonner Fellers, Ray S. Cline and Wickliffe Draper and Condon even inserted names of several American

Mercury writers to draw attention to this den of theives and their links to YAF, The American Mercury and The Pioneer Fund. Condon even mentioned American Mercury writers like Arnold Bennett, George Sokolosky, Westbrook Pegler and others from that circle of friends. Clendenin Ryan was involved with the Baltimore & Ohio railroad as well in some form or fashion and Condon mentions that company in ManCand, too.

Richard Condon apparently wanted us to be able to follow the path from Bonner Fellers in Cairo, Egypt through ISI via Amoss and Coon into Baltimore, MD where the trail would be picked up with The American Mercury crowd which was first started in Baltimore by H. L. Mencken then later bought by Clendenin Ryan, who funded several illicit ISI projects. The links back into YAF began with God and Man at Yale (Buckley) via Clendenin Ryan, the publisher of The American Mercury in the early 1950's. Ryan also helped start YAF. Later the Mercury moved to East 57th Street in NYC. Richard Giesbrecht also isolated American "Mercury" in his statement to the FBI.

when Draper was closely involved with that publication.

Will those who could not accept the fact that Richard Condon knew what he was talking about finally admit their

ill conceived notions? Does anyone else have any information on Clendenin Ryan to share here?

Clendenin Ryan was a student at the School of Foreign Service, Georgetown University, at the same time I was (1956-60). He was one of my roommates in a off-campus house during that period, along with David Franke. Our house was the scene of laying the groundwork for the modern Conservative movement that was about to be born.

From what I vaguely remember, as this occurred some 50 years ago, he was the son of Clendenin Ryan, and grandson of Thomas Fortune Ryan. During one of our talks, Clendenin told me that his father had contributed the beautiful stain glass window that adorns to this day the front of St. Patrick's on Fifth Avenue in Manhattan.

Clendenin, my former roommate, was tangentially involved in the founding of YAF. His contribution was in the area of activity, not in funding. YAF was founded by funds advanced by Charles Edison, son of Thomas Edison, for whom I worked following my graduation from Georgetown. Charles Edison, former governor of New Jersay and former Secretary of the Navy under FDR, had his home and office in the Towers of the Waldorf. His philosophy, which I have adopted to this day, is that the American Eagle must have two strong wings to fly a straight course: a left one and a right one. The right wing has been way too strong for the past 30 years; hopefully, the left wing will strengthen in 2008 and the Eagle will again soar straight-away.

Clendenin Ryan, former roommate and friend, died from cancer in the late 1960's, on a date that I cannot pinpoint from memory. My guess is that he was under 30 years of age when he passed.

I never met his father nor, of course, his grandfather. The posting above about his father's political activity comes as news as his son never mentioned any of this to me.

"His philosophy, which I have adopted to this day, is that the American Eagle must have two strong wings to fly a straight course: a left one and a right one. The right wing has been way too strong for the past 30 years; hopefully, the left wing will strengthen in 2008 and the Eagle will again soar straight-away."

A wonderful and commendable sentiment, to be sure. But, I have little hope of ever seeing this ideal come to fruition again, Doug. Unfortunately, both parties have become too definitively melded to ever make a reasonable judgment call, in our lifetime. At least, that's how it appears from my P.O.V.

I agree that the 2 parties have unfortunately morphed together.

Their loyalties are affixed to the lobbyists who buy their support and not to supporting and defending the Constitution (remember that oath of office).

Principal and debate are left on the cutting room floor as collateral damage.

And I would certainly like to see greater choice in 2008 than 2 New Yorkers, who agree on most things, running against each other.

If you added Bloomberg to the mix, you would have 3 largely indistinguishable candidates.

"Dominic, go frisk 'em", said the priest....and so he did.

John,

I am not sure how the Ryan/Behn battle played into the JFK thing as Behn had retired in 1956. He was 74 years old.

IT & T did indeed have a strong Latin American presence and they were utilized by CIA in various operations in that part of the world. The IT & T director for the Latin American division was Francis Harkins. He is definitely worth looking into.

My distinct impression is that Ryan placed 7 of his cohorts on the Board of ITT for a reason, to protect his family's

Copper mining interests throughout the world including Chile where ITT had a major presence as I understand it. Later when Orlando Letellier was murdered in Washington, DC in 1976 by the Novo brothers and some of the other South Florida Cuban exiles, the Chilean DINA and perhaps other Soldiers of Fortune via Nellie's Boys it sealed forever the hopes of the Marxist forces in Chile, saving not only the Ryan family Copper fortunes but everyone else's Copper and other miscellaneous interests in Chile from the Commies. One of Ryan's Boys on the ITT Board was later involved with Phelps, Dodge which also held vast Chilean Copper mining interests as well. President Salvador Allende was killed in 1973 and August Pinonchet took over in a military coup then but Letellier was always a threat to overthrow Pinonchet until his death in Washington, DC. When I post some of the anti-Communist rants from Amoss' INFORM publication which I just received, you will see just how vitriolic and flamboyant his cohorts could be in their denunciations of the Red Menace. Bottom line was that they all joined together to protect their personal or family foreign holdings from Communist appropriation. Whether it was United Fruit in Guatamala where Frank Wisner and Allen Dulles and E. H. Hunt led the revolts to protect American interests or Chile or Nicaragua or wherever in the Latin American hemisphere, you can be sure that Gen. Smedley Butler was correct in his assessment that he fought wars only to protect American corporate financial interests, nothing more nothing less. And the Catholic Church joined the battle to save not only their Church properties but their God given monopolistic right to pass the basket every week in front of the peasantry. "Dominic, go frisk 'em!", said the priest. And then the basket was passed around and the proceeds were stored in the Church coffers pending settlement of litgation for any future pedophile inspired lawsuits.

Regarding Broady and his connections, one that does stand out is Allan Kirby, who was mentioned in the 1954 Time Magazine story you posted. Kirby was a New York businessman who had a long time feud running with the Murchison brothers from Texas. Kirby was well acquainted with West Point graduate Arturo Espaillat who went on to work for Rafael Trujillo and was ultimately involved with his demise.

Seems to me there was another Kirby oil man involved with the Asheville Conference held by the Silver Shirts and their leaders like Rev Gerald L K Smith and William Dudley Pelley. Even the name John Raskob from Chase was part of The Plot to Take the White House according to Jules Archer which involved Gen Smedley Butler. Funny how each generation has to watch as these Fascist Bastidges try to take down a President or actually succeed in killing a President who will not let them have their way with the American and International war based economies, and we learn nothing from those object lessons. Nothing.

The photo of Hal Hendrix on John's Spartacus site was one I obtained from an article Hendrix wrote that appeared in a newspaper. It may have been one of the Miami publications but I am not sure. Someone else who knew Hendrix said it was him.

FWIW.

James

Well Hal Hendrix must have been very much younger then because by the early 1960's he looked totally different.

Edited by John Bevilaqua

I even hesitate to offer this clandestine MJ12 group as being creditable... but I have little choice. The fact is that Clendenin J. Ryan reported directly to Admiral James Forrestal and Ulius L. Amoss reported directly to Hoyt S. Vandenburg and Gordon Gray's father Bowman Gray, had the Wake Forest Medical School named after him and was a true Eugenicist in the mold of Wickliffe Draper who started his campaign for involuntary sterilization at that school. And Richard Condon in The Manchurian Candidate knew all about all of these horrendous characters in 1958 when he wrote his novel about Eugenicists who used programmed assassins to carry out The Will of the Wasps to destroy the upstart mud races as they called them. Stay tuned.

http://againsttheirwill.journalnow.com

All the alleged original members of MJ-12 were notable for their military, government, and/or scientific achievements, and all were deceased when the documents first surfaced (the last to die was Jerome Hunsaker, only a few months before the MJ-12 papers first appeared).

The original composition was six civilians (mostly scientists), and six high-ranking military officers, two from each major military service. Three (Souers, Vandenberg, and Hillenkoetter) had been the first three heads of central intelligence.

Can anyone add any background info about these guys....

The named members of MJ-12 from this website http://www.thewhyfiles.net/majestic12.htm were:

(This is not my research, but rather a citation into a rather questionable and nefarious group. This topic has been picked up and disseminated by various questionable and sometimes over zealous websites...with an emphasis on UFO quacks and miscellaneous unexplained phenomena so Caveat Lector on this one. Later I will point out who from this group had ties back into the Wicklffe Draper Eugenics crowds and Brig. Gen. William H. Draper, Jr. pro-Nazi nexus of characters.)

For instance William H. Draper, Jr. and eventual Admiral James Forrestal worked together at Dillon, Read and with

Allen Dulles on the German Investment Finance operations which helped to solidify Hitler's financial backing even

before the war and then Christopher Simpson documented William H. Draper, Jr.'s opposition to the de-Nazification

of Germany and the breaking up of the cartels like I. G. Farben.

And General Hoyt Vandenberg of the 9th Air Force, had another Wickliffe Draper crony in Eugenics and fellow Harvard grad, Major Carleton "Indiana Jones" Coon, reporting to him through Ulius L. "Pete" Amoss, in Cairo, Egypt along with

Brig. Gen. Bonner Fellers who appeared in The Manchurian Candiate as Fighting Frank Bollinger.

And of course, Gordon Gray's father, Bowman Gray allowed Wickliffe Draper to use the Wake Forest Medical School

facilities named The Bowman Gray Medical School to carry out his program of Involuntary Sterilizations.

Rear Adm. Roscoe H. Hillenkoetter: first CIA director

Dr. Vannevar Bush: chaired wartime Office of Scientific Research and Development and predecessor National Defense Research Committee; set up and chaired postwar Joint Research and Development Board (JRDB) and then the Research and Development Board (RDB); chaired NACA; President of Carnegie Institute, Washington D.C.

James Forrestal: Secretary of the Navy; first Secretary of Defense (replaced after his death on MJ-12

by Gen. Walter Bedell Smith, 2nd CIA director)

Gen. Nathan Twining: headed Air Materiel Command at Wright-Patterson AFB; Air Force Chief of Staff (1953-1957); Chairman of Joint Chiefs of Staff (1957-1961)

Gen. Hoyt Vandenberg: Directed Central Intelligence Group (1946-1947); Air Force Chief of Staff (1948-1953)

Gen. Robert M. Montague: Guided missile expert; 1947 commander of Fort Bliss; headed nuclear Armed Forces Special Weapons Center, Sandia Base

Dr. Jerome Hunsaker: Aeronautical engineer, MIT; chaired NACA after Bush

Rear Adm. Sidney Souers: first director of Central Intelligence Group, first executive secretary of National Security Council (NSC)

Gordon Gray: Secretary of the Army; intelligence and national security expert; CIA psychological strategy board (1951-1953); Chairman of NSC 5412 committee (1954-1958); National Security Advisor (1958-1961)

Dr. Donald Menzel: Astronomer, Harvard; cryptologist during war; security consultant to CIA and NSA

Dr. Detlev Bronk: Medical physicist; aviation physiologist; chair, National Academy of Sciences, National Research Council; president Johns Hopkins & Rockefeller University

Dr. Lloyd Berkner: Physicist; radio expert; executive secretary of Bush's JRDB

According to other sources[citation needed] and MJ-12 papers to emerge later[citation needed], famous scientists like Robert Oppenheimer, Albert Einstein, Karl Compton, Edward Teller, John von Neumann, and Wernher von Braun were also involved with MJ-12.

Edited by John Bevilaqua

Gordon Gray: Secretary of the Army; intelligence and national security expert; CIA psychological strategy board (1951-1953) (John Bevilaqua)

A bit on Gray:

In 1976, President Gerald Ford expanded the Foreign Intelligence Advisory Board from 10 to 17 members. This panel was an effort to strengthen intelligence gathering capabilities.

Some of these members included Leo Cherne, Robert E. Murphy, Lyman Lemnitzer, Edward Bennett Williams, William J. Casey, Clare Booth Luce and Gordon Gray.

Interesting mix.

James

Gordon Gray: Secretary of the Army; intelligence and national security expert; CIA psychological strategy board (1951-1953) (John Bevilaqua)

A bit on Gray:

In 1976, President Gerald Ford expanded the Foreign Intelligence Advisory Board from 10 to 17 members. This panel was an effort to strengthen intelligence gathering capabilities.

Some of these members included Leo Cherne, Robert E. Murphy, Lyman Lemnitzer, Edward Bennett Williams, William J. Casey, Clare Booth Luce and Gordon Gray.

Interesting mix.

James

My interest in Gordon Gray is through his father Bowman Gray who donated enough money to have the Wake Forest Medical School named after him. Then Bowman Gray and others there allowed none other than Wickliffe P. Draper and his Pioneer Fund an inside track to start his infamous programs to promote Involuntary Sterilization at that school for over 2 decades. To their credit the Winston Salem Journal owned by these R J Reynolds Tobacco heirs published the expose and an apology of sorts for letting this happen on their watch. But Gordon and Bowman Gray will forever be linked into The Pioneer Fund and the fact that over 75,000 individuals were sterilized against their will. You all know that I am convinced that Wickliffe Draper was the person who advanced the cash to finance the JFK hit. Then a few years later after Rockwell Intl made millions on the Viet Nam War they bought out his failing Draper Corp. for $100,000,000.00 in Tax Pfd stock which was <A href="mailto:85@#$%"]85%[/email">85% tax free to corporate holders of this issue to avoid double taxation.

<A href="http://againsttheirwill.journalnow.com"'>http://againsttheirwill.journalnow.com" target=_blank>http://againsttheirwill.journalnow.com

The Gray family was also from Baltimore, MD which would explain his inclusion in this MJ-12 group which included the commanding officers of such Baltimore based stalwarts as Clendenin J. Ryan who reported to Admiral James Forrestal and Ulius L. Amoss who reported to Gen. Hoyt S. Vandenburg in the 9th Air Force in North Africa. Amoss once worked for the Baltimore and Ohio Railroad according to his obituary and Richard Condon made an oblique reference to this in ManCand. Bowman and/or Gordon Gray may be the mysterious missing Baltimore based Eugenicists in the Draper mold, who I have been seeking for several years now, it just occurred to me. And the Baltimore based Metals Processing Company involved in funneling cash to Nellie's Boys in South Florida certainly seems to be the right money laundering conduit for the CIA to be involved with Cuban and other Latin American Affairs including Iran Contra via Maryland National Bank. Does it not? Ask Robert Maxwell of the MNB he knows and he blew the whistle to no avail.

180px-Gordon_Gray_-_Project_Gutenberg_etext_20587.jpg

Gordon Gray (May 30, 1909 – November 26, 1982) was an official in the government of the United States during the administrations of Harry Truman (1945-53) and Dwight Eisenhower (1953-61) associated with defense and national security.

Gordon Gray was born in Baltimore, Maryland, the son of Bowman Gray, Sr. and Nathalie Lyons Gray. He was married in 1938 to the former Jane Boyden Craige, and they had four sons: Gordon Gray, Jr., Burton Gray, C. Boyden Gray and Bernard Gray. After Jane's death, Gray married the former Nancy Maguire Beebe. His father and later his brother, Bowman Gray, Jr., both were heads of R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Company.

Gordon graduated from the University of North Carolina in 1930, where he was a member of Delta Kappa Epsilon fraternity. The University presented Gray with an honorary law degree in 1949. He would later serve as president of the University of North Carolina System from 1950-1955.

He began his public life as a lawyer and was elected to the North Carolina General Assembly. Gray's service to the federal government began with his appointment as President Harry S. Truman's assistant secretary of war in 1947; two years later, he was appointed Secretary of the Army. He served in this post from 1949 until 1950. The following year he became director of the newly formed Psychological Strategy Board which planned for and coordinated government psychological operations; he remained in the post until May 1952, all the while continuing to lead the University of North Carolina. [1]

In 1954 Gray chaired a committee appointed by AEC chairman Lewis Strauss which recommended revoking Robert Oppenheimer's security clearance.[citation needed]

President Dwight D. Eisenhower appointed him to head the Office of Defense Mobilization in 1957, where he served until the office's consolidation in 1958. Eisenhower then appointed Gray his National Security Advisor from 1958 until 1961. He served on the President's Foreign Intelligence Advisory Board under Presidents John F. Kennedy, Lyndon B. Johnson, Richard M. Nixon and Gerald R. Ford. In 1976, he was awarded the United States Military Academy's Sylvanus Thayer Award.

Gray was also publisher of the Winston-Salem Journal, chairman of the board of Piedmont Publishing Company and chairman of the National Trust for Historic Preservation.

His son, C. Boyden Gray, served as White House counsel for President George Herbert Walker Bush. His nephew, Lyons Gray, is chief financial officer for the Environmental Protection Agency

It is alleged that Gordon Gray was a member of the UFO Conspiracy group known as Majestic 12.

And anyone who can figure this one out, about MJ12, gets a Gold Medal. Even Lt. Colonel Philip J. Corso ended his career claiming he had witnessed Alien Autopsies in Area 51. This is the same Corso who worked for Strom Thurmond

and once appeared before Sen. John McCain of Arizona claiming that he personally knew of thousands of Korean POWs

MIA after the war who were deliberately abandoned by Eisenhower. McCain just shook his head, looked down and

bit his tongue while he quietly chastised Corso for having the audacity to even utter such a statement about Eisenhower. This Corso is the same guy who was cited by John Armstrong as a credible witness in the JFK conundrum. Oh well, he said as he just looked down and shook his head.

I really can not figure out why these 12 were such avid UFO event followers. Maybe they were just using this topic

as an experiment in just how far they could carry out Mind Control and Brainwashing in order to push the Big Lie onto

the unsuspecting public. Sort of like setting up a reason for justifying the equivalent of an Orson Welles rebroadcast of The War of the Worlds radio program. Except now Wolf Blitzer and Peter Jennings are cast in the role of Orson Welles and they are teleprompted to broadcast the Welles radio or TV show every night to infinity filling our brains with the concept that we are actually fighting a massively powerful alien or Muslim force armed to the teeth and capable of destroying the American way of life right on our very soil. When in fact there might only be a few thousand fanatics

who have in fact been brainwashed using Manchurian Candidate style programming techniques to believe that the USA

is a massively powerful alien Christian force armed to the teeth and capable of destroying the Muslim way of life right on their very soil. And in this fashion the Pentagon gets Billions of dollars every year and we get a Welles broadcast

24/7 to shake our boots and make us sh** bricks, and get all the grannies to cringe in fear and keep financing the Pentagon efforts at wiping out this Muslim threat. And it all started with the Japanese Kamikaze pilots in Harbin, Manchuria who eventually became Muslim Kamikaze pilots on 9/11 about 55 years after the fact. We should just have left this technology alone and let it die after Willoughby went through Harbin in 1945 and discovered these programs.

The Manchurian Candidate himself, Anastase Vonsiatsky, must be laughing in his Jack Boots right now at what he has created.

Edited by John Bevilaqua

Jim

Grey is Boyden Greys father.

18 acres under glass

is grey senior's biography of the Eisenhower cabinet

these washington insiders perpetuated the Prescott Bush

moderate wing of the nationalist republican group

later the family took control on Indianapolis and Eli Lilly

as you know

'

great photos in 18 acres under glass and BOYDEN GRAY is a

pivotal figure in the Reagan Bush Bush years, ...............

Bowman Gray, Sr. From SourceWatch

This article is part of the Tobacco portal on Sourcewatch, sponsored by the American Legacy Foundation. Join our team of citizen journalists researching and exposing tobacco industry secrets.

Bowman Gray, Sr. "was the benefactor whose bequest made possible the medical school's (Wake Forest University School of Medicine) move from the town of Wake Forest to Winston-Salem and its expansion to a four-year program."[1]

Biography

"Gray was born May 1, 1874 in Forsyth County. He began working with R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Company in 1895 at a salary of $5.75 per week. In 1931, he became chairman of the company and remained in that position until his death in 1935."[2]

"Gray, Bowman (1 May 1874-7 July 1935), tobacco executive, was born in Winston, the son of James Alexander Gray and Aurelia Bowman. He attended local schools and was enrolled in The University of North Carolina for the year 1890-91. Withdrawing, he became a clerk in the Wachovia National Bank of which his father was cashier and one of the founders. He joined the R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Company as a salesman in 1895 and covered the state of Georgia where he was remarkably successful. After two years he was promoted to eastern sales manager and stationed in Baltimore, Md., where his two sons were born. Further promotion came in 1912, when he was made vice-president and director of the company with offices in Winston. In 1924 he became president, succeeding William Neal Reynolds, and in 1931 he became chairman of the board, the post he held at the time of his death.

"Much credit has been ascribed to Gray for the rise of the Reynolds company from fourth to first place in size among tobacco manufacturing plants. Gray, a Methodist, donated the property on which Centenary Methodist Church was built in Winston-Salem. He also contributed generously to orphanages and hospitals. At the time of his death, Gray's holdings in the Reynolds company alone were valued at $12 million. A benevolent fund that he created made possible the establishment of the Bowman Gray School of Medicine of Wake Forest College in Winston-Salem.

"In Baltimore on 1 Oct. 1902, he married Nathalie Fontaine Lyons, daughter of Hyman Hart and Ann Elizabeth Maffit Lyons of Asheville. They were the parents of two sons, Bowman Gray, Jr., and Gordon Gray. Gray died of a heart attack on a cruise ship off the coast of Norway and was buried at sea off North Cape above the Arctic Circle." From the Dictionary of North Carolina Biography (Cache File).

Other Related SourceWatch Resources

C. Boyden Gray

Gordon Gray, Sr.

James Alexander Gray, father

Lyons Gray

This article may include information from Tobacco Documents Online.

Bush, Draper and Gray families all worked together for Eugenics...

and to snuff JFK, too, who was anti Eugenics.

Jim

Grey is Boyden Greys father.

18 acres under glass

is grey senior's biography of the Eisenhower cabinet

these washington insiders perpetuated the Prescott Bush

moderate wing of the nationalist republican group

later the family took control on Indianapolis and Eli Lilly

as you know

'

great photos in 18 acres under glass and BOYDEN GRAY is a

pivotal figure in the Reagan Bush Bush years, ...............

Eugenics, a brief history

eu·gen·ics

Pronunciation: yu-'je-niks

Function: noun

Date: 1883

: a science that deals with the improvement by control of human mating, of hereditary qualities of a race or breed

Eugenics
began as a breeding science for horses in the late 19th century in the US. In the early 1900s No. Carolina and Virginia used it to control the population of humans that were deemed inferior though mental; retardation and handicapped. Hitler's Nazi Germany showe an interest in eugenics and expanded its use to control the population of those deemed unfit or unnecessary people: handicapped, gypsies, indigents, slavs, and Jews. This is the core of the Master Race way of thinking and it is alive and well in our world today. One can understand the need for birth control in today's world but who gets sterilized and who doesn't is not always a voluntary decision. The survivors make up the master race; the characteristics of which are highly defined by race purists. Here is a brief history.

General Draper was an advocate of eugenics. In 1932, William Draper financed the International Eugenics Congress and helped select Ernst Ruaudin as chief of the world eugenics movement. They promoted what he called Adolf
Hitler's "holy, national and international racial hygienic mission."
They worked closely with Prescott Bush who shared the same views on eugenics. In Prescott’s first run for office in 1950 he was exposed as an activist in the fascist eugenics movement. Due to the exposure, Prescott lost his first bid for office.

Meanwhile, General Draper founded the
Population Crisis Committee,
joining with the Rockefeller and Du Pont families to promote eugenics for population control. The administration of President Lyndon Johnson, advised by General Draper on the subject, began financing birth control in the tropical countries through the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID).

General Draper was George Bush's guru on the population question. But there was also Draper's money--from that uniquely horrible source--and Draper's connections on Wall Street and abroad. Draper's son and heir, William H. Draper III, was co-chairman for finance (chief of fundraising) of the Bush-for-President national campaign organization in 1980. With George Bush in the White House, the younger Draper heads up
the depopulation activities of the United Nations
throughout the world.

On Eugenics ----
"The [government] must put the most modern medical means in the service of this knowledge.... Those who are physically and mentally unhealthy and unworthy must not perpetuate their suffering in the body of their children.... The prevention of the faculty and opportunity to procreate on the part of the physically degenerate and mentally sick, over a period of only 600 years, would ... free humanity from an immeasurable misfortune."

-- Adolph Hitler

"The per capita income gap between the developed and the developing countries is increasing, in large part the result of higher birth rates in the poorer countries.... Famine in India, unwanted babies in the United States, poverty that seemed to form an unbreakable chain for millions of people--how should we tackle these problems?.... It is quite clear that one of the major challenges of the 1970s ... will be to curb the world's fertility."

-- George Bush Sr.

These two quotations are alike in their mock show of concern for human suffering, and in their cynical remedy for it: Big Brother must prevent the 'unworthy' or 'unwanted' people from living. Because of Geroge Bush 250 million brown skinned people have been sterilized at the US taxpayer's expense - $300 million a year.

Sterilization:

The U.S. Agency for International Development says that surgical sterilization is the Bush administration's "first choice" method of population reduction in the Third World. The
United Nations Population Fund claims that 37 percent of contraception users in Ibero-America and the Caribbean have already been surgically sterilized.

In a 1991 report, William H. Draper III's agency asserts that
254 million couples will be surgically sterilized over the course of the 1990s;
and that if present trends continue, 80 percent of the women in Puerto Rico and Panama will be surgically sterilized.

The U.S. government pays directly for these sterilizations.

Mexico is first among targeted nations, on a list which was drawn up in July 1991, at a USAID strategy session. India and Brazil are second and third priorities, respectively. On contract with the Bush administration, U.S. personnel are working from bases in Mexico to perform surgery on millions of Mexican men and women. The acknowledged strategy in this program is to sterilize those young adults who have not already completed their families.

The spending for birth control in the non-white countries is one of the few items that headed upwards in the Bush I administration budget. In 1992 USAID said its
Population Account would receive $300 million,
a 20 percent increase over the previous year. Within this project, a significant sum is spent on political and psychological manipulations of target nations, and rather blatant subversion of their religions and governments.

In 946-47 Gordon Gray and Dr. Claude Nash Herndon conducted experiments in "medical genetics" at Bowman Gray Medical School. Dr. Clarence Gamble, heir to the Proctor and Gamble soap fortune, was the sterilizers national field operations chief.

The experiment worked as follows. All children enrolled in the school district of Winston-Salem, N.C., were given a special intelligence test. Those children who scored below a certain arbitrary low mark were then cut open and surgically sterilized. These are quotes from the official story of the project:

In Winston-Salem and in [nearby] Orange County, North Carolina, the Sterilization League's field committee had participated in testing projects to identify school age children who should be considered for sterilization. The project in Orange County was conducted by the University of North Carolina and was financed by a Mr. Hanes, a friend of Clarence Gamble and supporter of the field work project in North Carolina. The Winston-Salem project was also financed by Hanes. Hanes was underwear mogul James Gordon Hanes, a trustee of Bowman Gray Medical School.

The medical school had a long history of interest in eugenics and had compiled extensive histories of families carrying inheritable disease. In 1946, Dr. C. Nash Herndon ... made a statement to the press on the use of sterilization to prevent the spread of inheritable diseases....

The first step after giving the mental tests to grade school children was to interpret and make public the results. In Orange County the results indicated that three percent of the school age children were either insane or feebleminded. Then the field committee hired a social worker to review each case and to present any cases in which sterilization was indicated to the State Eugenics Board, which under North Carolina law had the authority to order sterilization.

Race science experimenter Dr. Herndon provided more details in an interview in 1990. Alice Gray was the general supervisor of the project. She and Hanes sent out letters promoting the program to the commissioners of all 100 counties in North Carolina. "What did I do? Nothing besides riding herd on the whole thing! The social workers operated out of my office. I was at the time also director of outpatient services at North Carolina Baptist Hospital. We would see the targeted parents and children there. I.Q. tests were run on all the children in the Winston-Salem public school system. Only the ones who scored really low were targeted for sterilization, the real bottom of the barrel, like below 70." I can see that Forest Gumpf somehow slipped through their net.

Herndon went on to say, "did we do sterilizations on young children? Yes. This was a relatively minor operation. It was usually not until the child was eight or ten years old. For the boys, you just make an incision and tie the tube. We more often performed the operation on girls than with boys. Of course, you have to cut open the abdomen, but again, it is relatively minor."

In 1950 and 1951, John Foster Dulles, then chairman of the Rockefeller Foundation, led John D. Rockefeller III on a series of world tours,
focusing on the need to stop the expansion of the non-white populations.
In November 1952, Dulles and Rockefeller set up the
Population Council
, with tens of millions of dollars from the Rockefeller family.

At that point, the American Eugenics Society, still cautious from the recent bad publicity vis-a-vis Hitler, left its old headquarters at Yale University. The Society moved its headquarters into the office of the Population Council, and the two groups melded together. The long-time secretary of the American Eugenics Society, Frederick Osborne, became the first president of the Population Council. The Gray family's child-sterilizer, Dr. Herndon, became president of the American Eugenics Society in 1953, as its work expanded under Rockefeller patronage.

Meanwhile, the International Planned Parenthood Federation was founded in London, in the offices of the British Eugenics Society. The undead enemy from World War II, renamed
"Population Control",
had now been revived.
George Bush
was U.S. ambassador to the United Nations in 1972, when with prodding from Bush and his friends, the U.S. Agency for International Development first made an official contract with the old Sterilization League of America. The League had changed its name twice again, and was now called the "Association for Voluntary Surgical Contraception." The U.S. government began paying the old fascist group to sterilize non-whites in foreign countries.

The Gray family experiment had succeeded.

In 1988, the U.S. Agency for International Development signed its latest contract with the old Sterilization League (a.k.a. Association for Voluntary Surgical Contraception), committing the U.S. government to spend $80 million over five years. Having gotten away with sterilizing several hundred North Carolina school children, the identical group was then authorized by President Bush to do it to 58 countries in Asia, Africa and Ibero-America. The group modestly claims it has directly sterilized only two million people, with 87 percent of the bill paid by U.S. taxpayers.

Meanwhile, Dr. Clarence Gamble, Boyden Gray's favorite soap manufacturer, formed his own "Pathfinder Fund" as a split-off from the Sterilization League. Gamble's Pathfinder Fund, with additional millions from USAID, concentrates on penetration of local social groups in the non-white countries, to break down psychological resistance to the surgical sterilization teams.
has changed its name to Engender Health. In the end we can see the long term goal of creating a master race is behind the mission statement. Will they all have blonde hair and blue eyes and an IQ of 140? Meanwhile the Bush regime is responsible for sterilizing hundreds of millions brown skinned people across the globe.

Bush Family Eugenics should start at home... with the Grays and Drapers.

A bit on Gray:

Interesting mix.

James

http://ecosyn.us/Bush-Hitler/Bush_Eugenics.html

Then came Draper and The Pioneer Fund and they said... Let There Be Death.

The Pioneer Fund is a U.S. non-profit foundation established in 1937. It is currently headed by psychology professor J. Philippe Rushton. Its stated purpose is "to advance the scientific study of heredity and human differences." The fund focuses on projects it perceives will not be easily funded due to controversial subject matter.

Two of the Pioneer Fund's most notable recipients are the Minnesota Twin Family Study and the Texas Adoption Project, which studied the similarities and differences of identical twins and other children adopted into non-biological families. The Pioneer Fund has been one of the main sources of funding for the partly-genetic hypothesis of IQ variation among races.

Their funding and publications have generated controversy since the 1994 publication of The Bell Curve, which drew heavily from Pioneer-funded research. The fund has also received criticism for its perceived stance on eugenics.[1] The Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC), a civil rights advocacy organization, has characterized the Pioneer Fund as a hate group.[2] The SPLC cites the Pioneer Fund's funding of some organizations and individuals the SPLC considers racist.[3] It has also been criticized by some scientists and journalists, and in various peer-reviewed academic articles.[4] . Ulric Neisser, who was the chairman of the American Psychological Association's (APA) 1995 taskforce on intelligence research, has said, "Pioneer has sometimes sponsored useful research - research that otherwise might not have been done at all. By that reckoning, I would give it a weak plus."[5]

Contents

[hide]

• <LI class=toclevel-1>
1 Early history <LI class=toclevel-1>2 Current funding
  • <LI class=toclevel-2>
2.1 Scientific research
2.2 Political and legal funding

<LI class=toclevel-1>3 Controversy

• <LI class=toclevel-2>
3.1 Criticism
3.2 Responses to criticisms

<LI class=toclevel-1>4 Notes <LI class=toclevel-1>5 References <LI class=toclevel-1>6 See also <LI class=toclevel-1>7 External links

• <LI class=toclevel-2>
7.1 Critical

[*]7.2 Pro

<script type=text/javascript> //

[edit] Early history

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:John_Ma...l_Harlan_II.gif magnify-clip.pngJohn Marshall Harlan II, one of the first five Pioneer Fund directors, later became a U.S. Supreme Court justice.The Pioneer Fund was incorporated on March 11, 1937. The first five directors were:

• Wickliffe Preston Draper, heir to a large fortune and the fund's de facto final authority, served on the Board of Directors from 1937 until 1972. During World War I, he served in the British army and fought in the battles of Neuve-Chapelle, Aubers Ridge, Messines and Ypres. He was awarded the British Star Medal (1914-1915) and the Belgian Croix de Guerre for his service. Later, he joined the American army where he was eventually promoted to lieutenant colonel in the cavalry. [6] The Pioneer Fund describes him as someone who dedicated "his life to intellectual pursuits and philanthropy." [7] Pioneer Fund critic William H. Tucker, however, describes Draper as someone who "aside from his brief periods of military service ... never pursued a profession or held a job of any kind." [8] According to a 1960 article in The Nation, an unnamed geneticist said Draper told him he "wished to prove simply that Negroes were inferior."[9] He is said to have funded advocates of repatriation of blacks to Africa and anti-Semitic and neo-Nazi advocates such as Willis Carto. Draper allegedly made large financial contributions to efforts to oppose the American Civil Rights Movement and the racial desegregation mandated by Brown v. Board of Education, such as $215,000 to the Mississippi State Sovereignty Commission in 1963.[8]
  • Harry Laughlin was the director of the Eugenics Record Office at the Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory on Long Island, New York, funded by the Carnegie Institute of Washington. He served as the president of the Pioneer Fund from its inception until 1941. He was one of the eugenics movement's most energetic legislative activists. He worried about miscegenation and had proposed a research agenda to assist in the enforcement of Southern "race integrity laws" by developing techniques for identifying the "pass-for-white" person who might "successfully hide all of his black blood". He singled out Jews as a group "slow to assimilate," a problem related to his doubts that their loyalty was directed primarily to "American institutions and people" rather than to "Jews scattered through other nations." Eleven months after the Nuremberg Laws, Laughlin wrote to an official at the University of Heidelberg, which had awarded him an honorary doctorate, arguing that the United States and the Third Reich shared "a common understanding of ... the practical application" of eugenic principles to "racial endowments and... racial health."[8]
  • Frederick Osborn wrote in 1937 that the Nazi Law for the Prevention of Hereditarily Diseased Offspring was "the most exciting experiment that had ever been tried".[10][11] Osborn was the secretary of the American Eugenics Society, which was part of an accepted and active field at the time, the Chairman of the Advisory Committee on Selective Service during World War II and later the Deputy U.S. Representative to the U.N. Atomic Energy Commission.
  • Malcolm Donald was the Draper family lawyer, trustee of the Draper estate. He was a former editor of the Harvard Law Review and a brigadier general during World War II.
  • John Marshall Harlan II. Harlan's firm had done legal work for the Pioneer Fund. He was the only director whose name did not appear on the incorporation papers. He was director of operational analysis for the Eighth Air Force in World War II, and was appointed to the Supreme Court of the United States by President Dwight D. Eisenhower. During his confirmation process, he voiced support for the decision in Brown v. Board of Education, but on the bench limited civil rights in Swain v. Alabama and dissented on Miranda v. Arizona.

The 1937 incorporation documents of the Pioneer Fund list two purposes. The first, modeled on the Nazi Lebensborn breeding program,[12] was aimed at encouraging the propagation of those "descended predominantly from white persons who settled in the original thirteen states prior to the adoption of the Constitution of the United States and/or from related stocks, or to classes of children, the majority of whom are deemed to be so descended". Its second purpose was to support academic research and the "dissemination of information, into the 'problem of heredity and eugenics'" and "the problems of race betterment".[11] The Pioneer Fund argues the "race betterment" has always referred to the "human race" referred to earlier in the sentence, and critics argue it referred to racial groups. The document was amended in 1985 and the phrase changed to "human race betterment."

The Pioneer Fund supported the distribution of a eugenics film titled Erbkrank ("Hereditary Defective" or "Hereditary Illness") which was published by the pre-war 1930s Nazi Party. William Draper obtained the film from the predecessor to the Nazi Office of Racial Policy (Rassenpolitisches Amt) prior to the founding of the Pioneer Fund.[8] According to the Pioneer Fund site, all founders capable of doing so participated in the war against the Nazis.[13]

Draper secretly met Dr. C. Nash Herndon of Bowman Gray School of Medicine at Wake Forest University in 1949. Little is known about their meetings, but Herndon was playing a major role in the expansion of the compulsory sterilization program in North Carolina.[14]

In the 1950s and 1960s Draper supported two government committees that gave grants for genetics research. Harry F. Weyher, Jr. was his lawyer. The committee members included Representative Francis E. Walter (chair of the House Un-American Activities Committee), Henry E. Garrett (an educator known for his belief in the genetic inferiority of blacks), and Senator James O. Eastland of Mississippi.[15]

Subsequent directors included:[13]

[edit] Current funding

Most of the Pioneer Fund's grants go to scientific research, including to researchers at 38 universities, and a smaller amount has gone to political or legal organizations, mostly to immigration reform/reduction organizations. This section's figures are from 1971-1996 and are adjusted to 1997 USD.[16]

[edit] Scientific research

Many of the researchers whose findings support the hereditarian hypothesis of racial IQ disparity have received grants of varying sizes from the Pioneer Fund.[17] Large grantees, in order of amount received, are

• Thomas J. Bouchard at the University of Minnesota. As compiled in 1997, the recipient of the largest amount of funding ($2.3 million USD) was Thomas J. Bouchard's landmark twin study, the Minnesota Study of Identical Twins Reared Apart (MISTRA), better known as the Minnesota Twins Project. The Minnesota Twins Project compared identical and fraternal twins who had been brought up in different families. Another notable twin study that was partially funded by the fund is the Texas Adoption Project, which compared adopted children to their birth and adopted families. The studies, along with similar studies, have demonstrated that as much as half of intelligence and personality are inherited (See Intelligence quotient#Genetics vs environment).
  • Arthur Jensen at the Institute for the Study of Educational Differences
  • J. Philippe Rushton at the University of Western Ontario is the current head of the fund since 2002. In 1999, Rushton used some of his grant money from the Pioneer fund to send out tens of thousands of copies of an abridged version of his book Race, Evolution and Behavior to social scientists in anthropology, psychology, and sociology, causing a controversy.[18] The book describes Rushton's differential K theory. Tax records from 2000 show that his Charles Darwin Institute received $473,835 — 73% of that year's grants.[2]
  • Roger Pearson at the Institute for the Study of Man. Eugenicist and anthropologist, founder of the Journal of Indo-European Studies,[19] received over a million dollars in grants in the eighties and the nineties.[8][17] Using the pseudonym of Stephan Langton, Pearson was the editor of The New Patriot, a short-lived magazine published in 1966-67 to conduct "a responsible but penetrating inquiry into every aspect of the Jewish Question," which included articles such as "Zionists and the Plot Against South Africa," "Early Jews and the Rise of Jewish Money Power," and "Swindlers of the Crematoria.".[17] The Northern League, an organization founded in England in 1958 by Pearson, supported Nazi ideologies and included former members of the Nazi Party.[8]
  • Richard Lynn at Ulster Institute for Social Research (also on Mankind Quarterly editorial board)
  • Linda Gottfredson at the University of Delaware.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:MRI_brain.jpg magnify-clip.pngThe Pioneer Fund funds research on the basis and correlates of human ability and diversity. Notable topics in this research are the heredity and neuroscience of intelligence.Other notable recipients of funding include:

Note that the fund has only funded some of their research, not necessarily their most important contributions.

[edit] Political and legal funding

The Fund has given support to immigration reductionist organizations, primarily to the Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR), but also to the American Immigration Control Foundation (AICF), and ProjectUSA. During the campaign over California's Proposition 187 critics claimed that the Pioneer Fund was channeling money in favor of the initiative through contributions to the FAIR.[20]

A minor grantee is the paleoconservative and white nationalist journalist Jared Taylor, the editor of American Renaissance and a member the advisory board of the white nationalist publication the Occidental Quarterly.[3] Many of the key academic white nationalists in both Right Now! and American Renaissance have been funded by the Pioneer Fund, which was also directly involved in funding the parent organization of American Renaissance, the New Century Foundation.[17]

[edit] Controversy

[edit] Criticism

In addition to the funding and the connections to persons and organizations mentioned above, there are reported links between various past contributors to the science journal receiving funding from Pioneer Mankind Quarterly and Nazism. Italian biologist and Mankind Quarterly associate editor Corrado Gini authored an article titled "The Scientific Basis of Fascism" and was once a scientific advisor to Mussolini. The editorial board member Otmar Freiherr von Verschuer was Josef Mengele's mentor before and during the Holocaust and is suspected of being his collaborator.[21][22][23] The already mentioned Roger Pearson was a former editor.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Otmar_von_Verschuer.jpg magnify-clip.pngOtmar Freiherr von Verschuer, circa 1920s-1940s, measures twin girls as part of an anthropometric study of heredity.The Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC), a nonprofit organization, lists the Pioneer Fund as a hate group citing the fund's history, its funding of race and intelligence research, and its connections with some individuals they feel are racist.[24]

They also state: "Race science has potentially frightening consequences, as is evident not only from the horrors of Nazi Germany, but also from the troubled racial history of the United States. If white supremacist groups had their way, the United States would return to its dark days. In publication after publication, hate groups are using this "science" to legitimize racial hatred. In Calling Our Nation, the neo-Nazi Aryan Nations publishes a piece by a New York psychologist surveying the work of Jensen, Garrett and numerous others. National Vanguard, the publication of former physics professor William Pierce (see The Alliance and its Allies) and his neo-Nazi National Alliance, runs a similar piece that concludes that "it is the Negro's deficiency ... which kept him in a state of savagery in his African environment and is now undermining the civilization of a racially mixed America."[25]

In accord with the tax regulations governing nonprofit corporations, Pioneer does not fund individuals; under the law only other nonprofit organizations are appropriate grantees. As a consequence, many of the fund's awards go not to the researchers themselves but to the universities that employ them, a standard procedure for supporting work by academically based scientists. In addition to these awards to the universities where its grantees are based, Pioneer has made a number of grants to other nonprofit organizations, corporations some feel have been created to channel resources to a particular academic recipient while circumventing the institution where the researcher is employed.[26][27]

In 2002, William H. Tucker criticized the Pioneer's grant-funding techniques: "Pioneer's administrative procedures are as unusual as its charter. Although the fund typically gives away more than half a million dollars per year, there is no application form or set of guidelines. Instead, according to Weyher, an applicant merely submits 'a letter containing a brief description of the nature of the research and the amount of the grant requested.' There is no requirement for peer review of any kind; Pioneer's board of directors—two attorneys, two engineers, and an investment broker—decides, sometimes within a day, whether a particular research proposal merits funding. Once the grant has been made, there is no requirement for an interim or final report or even for an acknowledgment by a grantee that Pioneer has been the source of support, all atypical practices in comparison to other organizations that support scientific research."[28]

Rushton, the current head, has spoken at conferences of the American Renaissance magazine, in which he has also published articles.[3] Anti-racist Searchlight Magazine described one of these as a "veritable 'who's who' of American white supremacy."[4].

The Pioneer Fund was described by the London Sunday Telegraph (3/12/89) as a "neo-Nazi organization closely integrated with the far right in American politics."

[edit] Responses to criticisms

The Pioneer Fund's history after its 1937 incorporation focused on improving hereditary characteristics, which at the time was pursued through the scholarly field eugenics. The scientific community had enthusiasm for what they saw as the promise of eugenics, and most developed nations employed some form of it, most commonly compulsory sterilization of those considered to have incurable hereditary diseases. High school and college textbooks from the 1920s through the 40s often had chapters touting the scientific progress to be had from applying eugenic principles to the population. Following World War II, however, eugenics became associated with the brutal policies of the Nazis and fell out of favour.

In addition to this historical focus of the Pioneer Fund, some of the fund's previous members and grantees, including its main founder Wickliffe Preston Draper, have supported ideas such as racial segregation. The fund's administrators state that any criticism should be directed at these past individuals, not the entire organization, which funds much notable scientific work. The fund claims that it holds no political position or any inappropriate bias in choosing grantees.

Pioneer supports research some consider controversial; for example, the study of the disparity between racial groups in average cognitive ability test scores (race and intelligence). Such studies examine the genetic and environmental factors underlying these group differences.

The Pioneer Fund has stated that it rejects racism, and has claimed that it is the victim of smear campaigns waged by those who consider a discussion of race to be taboo. In addition, it has asserted that the majority of the criticism directed at the Fund falls into such categories as to make it more-appropriately directed at individuals than at an organization as a whole. [citation needed]

The Fund writes on their website that one should consider the historical context surrounding such beliefs, as many mainstream scientists of the first half the twentieth century supported racialist views seen by some as politically incorrect today. They say that Wickliffe Draper's views on race do not influence decisions made by the Fund today.

Charles Murray, co-author of the Bell Curve, addressed the fund's history in response to criticism of it: "[T]he relationship between the founder of the Pioneer Fund and today's Pioneer Fund is roughly analogous to the relationship between Henry Ford and today's Ford Foundation."[29] In the 1920s, Henry Ford authored anti-Semitic literature. A response to this comparison is that unlike the Pioneer Fund, the Ford Foundation is not still funding researchers who have a systematic tendency to make claims asserting the genetic basis of a given group's intellectual inferiority.[citation needed]

Behavioral geneticist David T. Lykken wrote "If you can find me some rich villains that want to contribute to my research - Qaddafi, the Mafia, whoever - the worse they are, the better I'll like it. I'm doing a social good by taking their money... Any money of theirs that I spend in a legitimate and honorable way, they can't spend in a dishonorable way"[30]

Science writer Morton Hunt received Pioneer funding for his book and wrote: "One could spend hundreds of pages on the pros and cons of the case of the Pioneer Fund, but what matters to me—and should matter to my readers—is that I have been totally free to research and write as I chose. I alerted Pioneer to my political views when making the grant proposal for this book but its directors never blinked."[31]

[edit] Notes

1. <LI id=_note-0>
^ Lombardo, Paul A. (2002). "The American Breed": Nazi Eugenics and the Origins of the Pioneer Fund. Albany Law Review, vol. 65, p. 743
Rushton, J. Philippe (2002). The Pioneer Fund and the Scientific Study of Human Differences. Albany Law Review 66:209.
Lombardo, Paul A. (2002). Pioneer's Big Lie. Albany Law Review, vol. 66, p. 207 <LI id=_note-1>^ Southern Poverty Law Center Map of Hate Organizatons. Retrieved July 16, 2006. <LI id=_note-Berlet>^ a b Berlet, Chip. Into the Mainstream: An array of right-wing foundations and think tanks support efforts to make bigoted and discredited ideas respectable. Intelligence Report, Southern Poverty Law Center. Retrieved July 16, 2006. <LI id=_note-2>^ [1] Critics of the fund include the SPLC, IQ critic William H. Tucker, and historian Barry Mehler and his Institute for the Study of Academic Racism. Researchers who have been the subject of criticism for accepting grants from the fund have long argued the public debates have been disconnected from the expert debates. Robert A. Gordon, for example, replied to media criticisms of grant-recipients: "Politically correct disinformation about science appears to spread like wildfire among literary intellectuals and other nonspecialists, who have few disciplinary constraints on what they say about science and about particular scientists and on what they allow themselves to believe,"(Gordon 1997, p.35) <LI id=_note-3>^ According to critic Ulric Neisser, who was the chairman of the APA's 1995 taskforce on intelligence research. Neisser gave support for Richard Lynn's argument in a review of Lynn's history and defense of the fund, The Science of Human Diversity: A History of the Pioneer Fund (2004). Neisser stated that "Lynn's claim is exaggerated but not entirely without merit: 'Over those 60 years, the research funded by Pioneer has helped change the face of social science.'" Neisser concludes, in agreement with Lynn and against William Tucker's critical 2002 book The Funding of Scientific Racism, that the world was ultimately better off having had the Pioneer Fund: "Lynn reminds us that Pioneer has sometimes sponsored useful research - research that otherwise might not have been done at all. By that reckoning, I would give it a weak plus." <LI id=_note-4>^ The Science of Human Diversity: A History of the Pioneer Fund, Richard Lynn, Rowman & Littlefield 2001, ISBN 0-7618-2041-8 pp. 3–19.) <LI id=_note-Pioneer_Fund_Founders>^ Pioneer Fund FoundersRetrieved April 11, 2007. <LI id=_note-Tucker>^ a b c d e f Tucker, William H (2002). The Funding of Scientific Racism: Wickliffe Draper and the Pioneer Fund. University of Illinois Press. ISBN 0-252-02762-0 <LI id=_note-May>^ May, R. W. (May 14, 1960). "Genetics and Subversion." The Nation 190:421. <LI id=_note-5>^ Osborn, Frederick (24 February 1937). 'Summary of the proceedings' of the Conference on Eugenics in Relation to Nursing. American Eugenics Society Archives. <LI id=_note-Mehler-fascism>^ Cite error 8; No text given. <LI id=_note-crawford>^ Crawford, James (1993). Hold Your Tongue: Bilingualism and the Politics of "English Only." Addison Wesley Publishing Company, ISBN 978-0201624793 <LI id=_note-pioneer-founders>^ a b Pioneer Fund. Founders and Former Directors. Retrieved July 16, 2006. <LI id=_note-begos>^ Begos, Kevin (December 11, 2002). Benefactor With a Racist Bent: Wealthy recluse apparently liked the looks and potential of Bowman Gray's new medical-genetics department. Winston-Salem Journal <LI id=_note-lichtenstein>^ Lichtenstein, Grace (December 11, 1977). Fund Backs Controversial Study of "Racial Betterment." New York Times <LI id=_note-Mehler-grantlist>^ Mehler, Barry. Pioneer Fund Grant Totals, 1971-1996. Retrieved July 16, 2006. <LI id=_note-Mehler-funding>^ a b c d Mehler, Barry (July 7, 1998). Race Science and the Pioneer Fund Originally published as "The Funding of the Science" in Searchlight, No. 277. <LI id=_note-Tucker-Conclusion>^ Tucker, William H. [http://www.press.uillinois.edu/epub/books/tucker/concl.html Conclusion: Pioneer or Pamphleteer] The Funding of Scientific Racism: Wickliffe Draper and the Pioneer Fund. <LI id=_note-jies>^ The Journal of Indo-European Studies via A. Richard Diebold Center for Indo-European Language and Culture. <LI id=_note-Shearer>^ Shearer, SR. The Pioneer Fund: The Nazi Connection. Retrieved July 16, 2006. <LI id=_note-6>^ http://www.eugenics-watch.com/intro.html <LI id=_note-7>^ http://bethuneinstitute.org/documents/naziconnection.html <LI id=_note-8>^ http://www.crimelibrary.com/serial_killers...i_3.html?sect=6 <LI id=_note-9>^ http://www.splcenter.org/intel/intelreport....jsp?pid=106#14 <LI id=_note-10>^ http://www.splcenter.org/intel/intelreport...cle.jsp?pid=625 <LI id=_note-11>^ http://www.press.uillinois.edu/epub/books/tucker/intro.html <LI id=_note-12>^ http://www.ferris.edu/isar/Institut/pionee...spread/pfp6.htm <LI id=_note-13>^ http://www.press.uillinois.edu/epub/books/tucker/intro.html <LI id=_note-Murray-critics>^ Murray, Charles (May 1995). "The Bell Curve" and its critics. Commentary, v99 n5 p23(8). <LI id=_note-ohman>^ Patricia Ohman (7 March 1984). Do they get what they Pay for? Minneapolis City Pages, p. 8.
^ Hunt, Morton (1998). The New Know-Nothings: The Political Foes of the Scientific Study of Human Nature Transaction Publishers: ISBN 0-7658-0497-2

[edit] References

[edit] See also

[edit] External links

[edit] Critical

[edit] Opinion pieces

[edit] Scholarly studies

[edit] Pro

Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pioneer_Fund"

• 2 weeks later...

This article reminds me yet again that there was a reason why Richard Condon in ManCand included a reference to

the Forrestal class of Aircraft Carrier linked to a 25cent jar of F. W. Woolworth's vanishing cream, a most unlikely

combination as anyone would admit. Ryan's commanding officer was James Forrestal and Ryan worked closely with

Allan Kirby, among others, whose family owned the entire F. W. Woolworth's chain to take over ITT from Sosthenes

Behn. Can anyone link Forrestal to either Manchurian Candidate programming or MKULTRA or any other similar

type of activity? I know he is mentioned as being part of the MJ-12 group but other than that?

By the way, the american intelligence officer mentioned herein is none other than Ulius L. Amoss... from Baltimore.

In Dubious Battle from Time Magazine Monday, Nov. 27, 1950

When Clendenin J. Ryan, millionaire, amateur political reformer and onetime assistant to New York's Mayor La Guardia, decided last summer to write a book on politics, he got together with Author & Lecturer William Bradford Huie. Turned by a self-described "yarn spinner," Huie's sensational stories, such as his highly exaggerated account of the missing uranium at Chicago's Argonne Laboratory (TIME, May 30, 1949), made lively, if occasionally misleading, reading. But they dropped the book for something much bigger. Huie and Ryan decided to buy the faltering American Mercury. Since the Mercury's circulation was down to 45,000 and it was losing $50,000 a year, Ryan was able to buy it for only $27,500. He became publisher and made Huie editor.

Related Articles

This week Publisher Ryan and Editor Huie brought out the first issue of the New American Mercury. Its avowed purpose: "To re-create the magazine in the Mencken tradition" and joust with bureaucrats, commissars and pressure groups as Mencken had tangled with boobs, censors and yahoos. But the first issue showed that Huie was no Mencken.

Presumably intended to fall into the Mencken tradition was Editor Huie's own lead article, "Untold Facts in the Forrestal Case." Based on word-of-mouth reports about the contents of Forrestal's private papers, it belabored the backbiters and columnists responsible, as Writer Huie put it, for the "destruction" of the late Defense Secretary. Huie, whose book, The Case Against the Admirals, was an air-power fanatic's assault against Forrestal's program for a balanced defense force, now lauded Forrestal as the only Administration leader who had fully realized the threat of Russia and knew how to fight the Reds. Wrote Huie: "In December, 1947, when France was paralyzed by a general transportation strike, Forrestal summoned his most trusted friends to Washington. His friends produced $50,000 immediately; the money was carried that night to Paris by an American intelligence officer and paid next day to a prominent Communist leader. The strike ended within twelve hours."

In all, wrote Huie, Forrestal spent $150,000 of his own and his friends' money on such payoffs in France and Italy. When Forrestal was finally "driven from office" and suffered a nervous collapse, Huie implied, the Navy turned Forrestal's suite in a Navy hospital into a kind of prison and barred him from people he wanted to see, notably Msgr. Maurice S. Sheehy of Catholic University, Washington, a Navy chaplain. Predicted Huie: "Unless the Administration can prevent it, there will be a Congressional investigation."

• 1 year later...
John,

I am not sure how the Ryan/Behn battle played into the JFK thing as Behn had retired in 1956. He was 74 years old.

IT & T did indeed have a strong Latin American presence and they were utilized by CIA in various operations in that part of the world. The IT & T director for the Latin American division was Francis Harkins. He is definitely worth looking into.

Regarding Broady and his connections, one that does stand out is Allan Kirby, who was mentioned in the 1954 Time Magazine story you posted. Kirby was a New York businessman who had a long time feud running with the Murchison brothers from Texas. Kirby was well acquainted with West Point graduate Arturo Espaillat who went on to work for Rafael Trujillo and was ultimately involved with his demise.

The photo of Hal Hendrix on John's Spartacus site was one I obtained from an article Hendrix wrote that appeared in a newspaper. It may have been one of the Miami publications but I am not sure. Someone else who knew Hendrix said it was him.

FWIW.

James

My thinking is that the murder of Orlando Letelier, U.S. Ambassador from Chile, allegedly by the Novo brothers and Frank Strugis

was just a continued link in an attempt at regaining appropriated Copper mining interests, then protecting the copper interests from the Commies. Phelps, Dodge, Freeport McMoran, ITT and Clendenin J. Ryan's family all had reasons to kick the Commies out of Chile now that JFK was dead and they used some of the same anti-Castro Cuban exiles who helped them get rid of JFK. It was a United Fruit Guatamala or Pantapec Oil and Mexico type of issue, where paid mercenaries were used to either protect or recover industrial interests lost to the communists. Ryan wanted to put his friends on the ITT Board because he felt that Behn was not doing enough to protect Chile from Communist insurgents and he was later proven to be correct. Salvador Allende later came into power and made life difficult for American Copper Mining interests in Chile for years.

Hendrix was a small headed, beady little sneak with giant, oversized thick lensed, black horn-rimmed glasses which made

his eyes look like those of a preying mantis or grasshopper. I knew him in the early 1960's and that photo must have

been either really old or not even an actual photo of Hal Hendrix. He once accidently published a story in The Miami

News about a revolution in a Caribbean counry, perhaps the Dominican Republic, the day before it happened. Can not

recall the leftist leader who was toppled but it caused quite a stir. His name was Juan Bosch as I recall now. No relation

to Orlando Bosch of Alpha 66 in Miami however. Juan Bosch wrote a scathing indictment of US imperialist foreign policy strongarm

tactics either just before or after he was deposed as head of his nation for not kow-towing to US foreign investment interests enough to satisfy their greedy souls. He moved to Miami and appeared on local TV several times.

Edited by John Bevilaqua

Guest Tom Scully
This article reminds me yet again that there was a reason why Richard Condon in ManCand included a reference to

the Forrestal class of Aircraft Carrier linked to a 25cent jar of F. W. Woolworth's vanishing cream, a most unlikely

combination as anyone would admit. Ryan's commanding officer was James Forrestal and Ryan worked closely with

Allan Kirby, among others, whose family owned the entire F. W. Woolworth's chain to take over ITT from Sosthenes

Behn. Can anyone link Forrestal to either Manchurian Candidate programming or MKULTRA or any other similar

type of activity? I know he is mentioned as being part of the MJ-12 group but other than that?

By the way, the american intelligence officer mentioned herein is none other than Ulius L. Amoss... from Baltimore.

In Dubious Battle from Time Magazine Monday, Nov. 27, 1950

When Clendenin J. Ryan, millionaire, amateur political reformer and onetime assistant to New York's Mayor La Guardia, decided last summer to write a book on politics, he got together with Author & Lecturer William Bradford Huie. Turned by a self-described "yarn spinner," Huie's sensational stories, such as his highly exaggerated account of the missing uranium at Chicago's Argonne Laboratory (TIME, May 30, 1949), made lively, if occasionally misleading, reading. But they dropped the book for something much bigger. Huie and Ryan decided to buy the faltering American Mercury. Since the Mercury's circulation was down to 45,000 and it was losing $50,000 a year, Ryan was able to buy it for only $27,500. He became publisher and made Huie editor.

Related Articles

This week Publisher Ryan and Editor Huie brought out the first issue of the New American Mercury. Its avowed purpose: "To re-create the magazine in the Mencken tradition" and joust with bureaucrats, commissars and pressure groups as Mencken had tangled with boobs, censors and yahoos. But the first issue showed that Huie was no Mencken.

Presumably intended to fall into the Mencken tradition was Editor Huie's own lead article, "Untold Facts in the Forrestal Case." Based on word-of-mouth reports about the contents of Forrestal's private papers, it belabored the backbiters and columnists responsible, as Writer Huie put it, for the "destruction" of the late Defense Secretary. Huie, whose book, The Case Against the Admirals, was an air-power fanatic's assault against Forrestal's program for a balanced defense force, now lauded Forrestal as the only Administration leader who had fully realized the threat of Russia and knew how to fight the Reds. Wrote Huie: "In December, 1947, when France was paralyzed by a general transportation strike, Forrestal summoned his most trusted friends to Washington. His friends produced $50,000 immediately; the money was carried that night to Paris by an American intelligence officer and paid next day to a prominent Communist leader. The strike ended within twelve hours."

In all, wrote Huie, Forrestal spent $150,000 of his own and his friends' money on such payoffs in France and Italy. When Forrestal was finally "driven from office" and suffered a nervous collapse, Huie implied, the Navy turned Forrestal's suite in a Navy hospital into a kind of prison and barred him from people he wanted to see, notably Msgr. Maurice S. Sheehy of Catholic University, Washington, a Navy chaplain. Predicted Huie: "Unless the Administration can prevent it, there will be a Congressional investigation."

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/USApearsonD.htm

(2) Drew Pearson, comments made to Jack Anderson in 1948.

Jack, Forrestal is the most dangerous man in America. Sure he's able. Of course he's dedicated. But to what? He's

a man who lives only for himself. He has broken his word, turned his back on his friends. He is driven by one ambition; he has always craved to be top man - first of Wall Street and now of the United States. Any principles he has are the kind that will cause another world war - unless he's stopped first.

(5) Drew Pearson, Washington Merry-Go-Round (15th December, 1948)

Ever since election day, Secretary of Defense Forrestal has been frantically painting himself a true and loyal Democrat. But there is has been frantically painting himself a true and loyal Democrat. But here is an off-the-record talk indicating the kind of men Forrestal puts in high position...

Practically all Latin America is watching the State Department to see what we do about recognizing the new Army dictatorship in Venezuela... the State Department's trigger-recognition of Latin dictators has brought forth a rash of military revolts, the latest being the Nicaraguan-inspired march against the peaceful government of Costa Rica...

Secretary of Defense Forrestal still favors his plan of sending more arms to Latin America under a new lend-lease agreement, despite the fact that new arms to Latin American generals are like a toy train to a small boy at Christmastime. They can't wait to use them - usually against their own President.

General Somoza, the Nicaraguan who has now inspired the fracas in Costa Rica, was trained by the U.S. Marines, later seized the Presidency of Nicaragua. President Trujillo, worst dictator in all Latin America, was also trained by the U.S. Marines. Unfortunately, under the Forrestal-Marine Corps program, we train men to shoot and give them the weapons to shoot with. But we don't give them any ideas or ideals as to what they should shoot for.

Back in the 1920's, Secretary Forrestal's Wall Street firm loaned 20 million dollars to Bolivia, used to buy arms to wage war against Paraguay. Some time after Forrestal loaned this money to Bolivia, the Remington Arms Co., of which Donald Carpenter is now vice president, stepped in to profit by it. Remington got a contract for 7.65 mm. and 9 mm. cartridges. Carpenter had just joined the firm when this sale was made. So Forrestal and Carpenter, once operators in indirectly fomenting war in Latin America, are now together in running American defense.

http://news.google.com/archivesearch?q=chi...;hl=en&um=1

Allende Plans To Nationalize Du Pont Company .

St. Petersburg Times - Google News Archive - Oct 27, 1971

Salvador Allende announced plans Tuesday to nationalize the -owned Du Pont industrial explosives plant and turn it over to the army for the benefit of ...

http://news.google.com/archivesearch?as_us...amp;btnG=Search

DuPont Holdings Seized by Chile

Pay-Per-View - Los Angeles Times - ProQuest Archiver - Mar 29, 1972

Uncovering of Alleged Right-Wing Plot | Keesing's World News...

Subscription - Keesing's Record of World Events - Keesing's Worldwide - Aug 1, 1972

Elections held in the University of Chile in April and for the trade union ... of the Dupont Nemours Company for $1000000, announced on March 29, 1972 . ...

http://heritage.dupont.com/floater/fl_carp...r/floater.shtml

DuPont Heritage: Walter S. Carpenter Jr.Walter S. Carpenter Jr.(1888-1976) served DuPont for eight decades. ... of his senior year, he quit school to manage DuPont’s Chilean nitrate interests. ...

http://sthweb.bu.edu/archives/index.php?op....&Itemid=99

Walter S. Carpenter, Jr.

...Born in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania to Walter Samuel Carpenter and Isabella Morgan, Carpenter studied mechanical engineering at Cornell University, and participated in DuPont’s summer programs at Gibbstown and Carneys Point, New Jersey, before dropping out of school his senior year to manage DuPont’s Chilean nitrate interests.

He began working with one of his two brothers, R. R. M. Carpenter, in 1911, helping guide the company’s development of celluloid and dyes. He married Mary Wootten in 1914. Carpenter was responsible for DuPont's 1933 acquisition of Remington Arms and its partnership with IG Farben for producing war supplies.

http://www.padrak.com/alt/BUSHBOOK_2.html

/ Note #b|"C. Douglas Dillon" was the boss of William H. Draper, Jr. in

the Draper-Prescott Bush-Fritz Thyssen Nazi banking scheme of the 1930s and

40s. His father, Clarence Dillon, created the Vereinigte Stahlwerke

(Thyssen's German Steel Trust) in 1926. C. Douglas Dillon made "Nicholas

Brady" the chairman of the Dillon Read firm in 1971 and himself continued

as chairman of the Executive Committee. C. Douglas Dillon would be a vital

ally of his neighbor Prescott Bush during the Eisenhower administration....

....From the late 1940s, Jupiter Island has served as a center for the direction of covert action by the U.S. government and, indeed, for the

covert management of the government. Jupiter Island will reappear later on, in our account of George Bush in the Iran-Contra affair.

http://books.google.com/books?id=bJoZGQZLF...el+january+1945

Two Against Hitler

By John Van Houten Dippel

...As Respondek explained after the war, IG Farben "supplied Du Pont with ... up

until January/February 1945, by means of a secure route through Basel. ...

http://www.trumanlibrary.org/hstpaper/carpenter.htm

Donald F. Carpenter Papers

Dates: 1941-1949

Chairman, Military Liaison Committee to the Atomic Energy Commission, Office of the Secretary of Defense, 1948; Chairman, Munitions Board, 1948-1949

Edited by Tom Scully

This article reminds me yet again that there was a reason why Richard Condon in ManCand included a reference to the Forrestal class of Aircraft Carrier linked to a 25cent jar of F. W. Woolworth's vanishing cream, a most unlikely combination as anyone would admit. Ryan's commanding officer was James Forrestal and Ryan worked closely with Allan Kirby, among others, whose family owned the entire F. W. Woolworth's chain to take over ITT from Sosthenes Behn. Can anyone link Forrestal to either Manchurian Candidate programming or MKULTRA or any other similar type of activity? I know he is mentioned as being part of the MJ-12 group but other than that? By the way, the american intelligence officer mentioned herein is none other than Ulius L. Amoss... from Baltimore.
http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/USApearsonD.htm

(2) Drew Pearson, comments made to Jack Anderson in 1948.

Jack, Forrestal is the most dangerous man in America. Sure he's able. Of course he's dedicated. But to what? He's

a man who lives only for himself. He has broken his word, turned his back on his friends. He is driven by one ambition; he has always craved to be top man - first of Wall Street and now of the United States. Any principles he has are the kind that will cause another world war - unless he's stopped first.

(5) Drew Pearson, Washington Merry-Go-Round (15th December, 1948)

Ever since election day, Secretary of Defense Forrestal has been frantically painting himself a true and loyal Democrat. But there is has been frantically painting himself a true and loyal Democrat. But here is an off-the-record talk indicating the kind of men Forrestal puts in high position...

Practically all Latin America is watching the State Department to see what we do about recognizing the new Army dictatorship in Venezuela... the State Department's trigger-recognition of Latin dictators has brought forth a rash of military revolts, the latest being the Nicaraguan-inspired march against the peaceful government of Costa Rica...

Secretary of Defense Forrestal still favors his plan of sending more arms to Latin America under a new lend-lease agreement, despite the fact that new arms to Latin American generals are like a toy train to a small boy at Christmastime. They can't wait to use them - usually against their own President.

General Somoza, the Nicaraguan who has now inspired the fracas in Costa Rica, was trained by the U.S. Marines, later seized the Presidency of Nicaragua. President Trujillo, worst dictator in all Latin America, was also trained by the U.S. Marines. Unfortunately, under the Forrestal-Marine Corps program, we train men to shoot and give them the weapons to shoot with. But we don't give them any ideas or ideals as to what they should shoot for.

Back in the 1920's, Secretary Forrestal's Wall Street firm loaned 20 million dollars to Bolivia, used to buy arms to wage war against Paraguay. Some time after Forrestal loaned this money to Bolivia, the Remington Arms Co., of which Donald Carpenter is now vice president, stepped in to profit by it. Remington got a contract for 7.65 mm. and 9 mm. cartridges. Carpenter had just joined the firm when this sale was made. So Forrestal and Carpenter, once operators in indirectly fomenting war in Latin America, are now together in running American defense.

Note #b|"C. Douglas Dillon" was the boss of William H. Draper, Jr. in

the Draper-Prescott Bush-Fritz Thyssen Nazi banking scheme of the 1930s and

40s. His father, Clarence Dillon, created the Vereinigte Stahlwerke

(Thyssen's German Steel Trust) in 1926. C. Douglas Dillon made "<B>Nicholas

Brady<B>" the chairman of the Dillon Read firm in 1971 and himself continued

as chairman of the Executive Committee. C. Douglas Dillon would be a vital

ally of his neighbor Prescott Bush during the Eisenhower administration....

Even I was amazed when I found out that one of my first jobs out of college was with a small

brokerage firm named: "G. H. Walker, Laird" in Providence, RI in the early 1970's After watching

them ream and rape small investors for almost 2 years I left in disgust. The manager was George

S. Kirkpatrick who turned out to be the son of Lyman S. Kirkpatrick of the CIA I later found out.

And the person named "G.H. Walker" was none other than George Herbert Walker (Bush). And

the person named Laird was "Melvin Laird", Nixon's Secretary of Defense and in charge of

discovering new marketing opportunities by fomenting world wars, for their Military Industrial

Complex investment banker clients.

Some of their highly touted new issue offerings included "Hasbro Toys" which went from $30 to $3

in only a few months and "Adams Drug" which also went from $30 to $3 like a ton of bricks. Other

big losers were StackBin, MetCeram, Bern Industries and Pacific Mortgage and Realty Trust.

We made up a fake name for a G.H. Walker, Laird, big loser Mutual Fund to be called:

"HasBin Burned, Crammed, Mortgaged and Drugged" as a composite for all the rip-offs foisted

on the American public from their St. Louis based brokerage firm. They were not amused.

As they were going out of business, they sold out first to White, Weld in Boston owned

by a Massachusetts politician named Weld, then later to Merrill Lynch.

RE: "The Brady Bunch"

You have to learn about the saga of Electric Utility and Railroad baron Anthony N. Brady, the original business partner of Thomas Alva Edison and Thomas Fortune Ryan who was the father of Clendenin J. Ryan before you can understand how private money was used to spread American Imperialism around the globe in order to protect private investments and the franchises of both the U.S. Military and the Catholic Church across the Globe.

Brady and Ryan were arch Conservative Catholics who linked up with some of the ancestors of those involved with the JFK hit, including William F. Buckley, Sr., George A. Draper, James Hugh Angleton and Charles A. Willoughby shortly after World War I in Mexico and New Mexico to track down the Mexican bandit Pancho Villa using the help of General John J. Pershing's cavalry. This group was so successful that these alliances would be recreated whenever the WASP or arch-Catholic establishment was threatened. This pattern would be repeated by friends and relatives of these four self appointed saviors of the human race and the Mother Church for almost 100 years.

The offspring of this original alliance also declared war on Saddam Hussein and Iraq using a tried and true pattern to safeguard private oil investment interests using the U.S. Military while defeating the Infidels and Heathens of the Muslim Empire. Former Treasury Secretary Nicholas F. Brady is the grandson of Anthony N. Brady and George H. W. Bush and family were very friendly with both the Tobacco Grays and the Textile Drapers who added their own unified quest for Master Race Eugenics based on tried and proved Yale University Skull and Bones connections.

The leadership of any country or any rogue banditos who got in their way were swiftly eliminated. From Pancho Villa to Geronimo to Sacco and Vanzetti to Alger Hiss to Jacobo Arbenz to Trujillo to John F. Kennedy to Martin Luther King to Archbishop Oscar Romero to Benigno Aquino. And the first ones to form selective private assassination squads were OSS agents like Ulius L. "Pete" Amoss and Draper Eugenicist Carleton "Indiana Jones" Coon who were directly or indirectly funded by the likes of Clendenin J. Ryan, Sr.

Ryan's son, Clendenin J. Ryan, Jr. was the college roomate of Douglas Caddy when Charles Edison the son of Thomas Alva Edison helped to fund William F. Buckley, Jr.'s Young Americans for Freedom organization (according to Caddy) and other organizations like the Committee of Citizens to Aid the Katanga Freedom Fighters. And the original Nicholas Frederic Brady, Sr. was called upon by William F. Buckley, Sr. to help him fight off attempts by the Mexican government to nationalize Pantapec Oil and to chase down Pancho Villa. They failed in the first attempt but succeeded in the second venture. The pattern was set for the balance of the 20th Century and into the 21st Century.

This link from the people who hunted down Pancho Villa to those who hunted down John F. Kennedy almost 50 years later is just a phenomenal piece of information. Buckleys, Angletons, Ryans, Drapers and Bradys, generation after generation of intrigue, intervention and apprehension and no one is any the wiser. Guess that is why they call it intelligent covert operations.

Too bad, I tried to get you all to listen and act on this new evidence but mostly for naught. Clendenin J. Ryan was so rich and so Catholic that he donated the massive stained glass window at St. Patrick's Cathedral in New York City. One of the Brady's received the highest laymen's distinction within the Church. And all this after they wreaked havoc on everyone who stood in their way.

Is it too late now to do anything about it? Probably.

• 2 years later...

Here is a LIFE Magazine article on Clendenin Ryan from 1949.

Wire-Tapping Mystery

There are 2 nice photos of Ryan and also an image of John Broady included.

Also for those that don't know, you can access all the LIFE Magazines from 1936-1972.

LIFE Magazine Archive

This is an invaluable resource for research.

Zach