The Education Forum

Buddy Walthers

Eddy Raymond (Buddy) Walthers was born in 1929. He worked as a taxi driver before joining the Dallas Police Department in December, 1955. He was promoted through the ranks, but a colleague, Roger Craig, claimed that Walthers success was a result of the close relationship he enjoyed with Bill Decker, the sheriff of Dallas. Craig later wrote: "Walthers... had absolutely no ability as a law enforcement officer. However, he was fast climbing the ladder of success by lying to Decker and squealing on his fellow officers."

Walthers was on duty in Dealey Plaza on 22nd November, 1963, and was the first police officer to question James T. Tague, who was cut by a flying object during the assassination. In Rush to Judgment, Mark Lane claims that "Walthers spoke with Tague and, examining the ground nearby for bullets, found a mark on the curb. Teague said, 'There was a mark quite obviously that was a bullet, and it was very fresh'. The piece of curb itself, exposed to the elements for three-quarters of a year, was at last taken away to the FBI laboratory."

Soon after Walthers interviewed Tague he was seen by witnesses with two men. A sequence of photos show one of the men picking something up out of the grass and then putting it in his pocket. Some researchers claim that these men were FBI or CIA agents. Walthers initially claimed a bullet was found. However, he later changed his mind and said it was actually a piece of JFK's head. Some researchers have suggested that it was a bullet that could not be linked to Lee Harvey Oswald that was being placed in the agent's pocket.

According to Michael Benson (Who's Who in the JFK Assassination) when Jack Ruby was arrested for killing Lee Harvey Oswald, his possessions were searched and among them was Walther's signed permanent pass to the Carousel Club.

In his book, When They Kill A President, Roger Craig claims that: "Buddy had a powerful hold on Decker. I base this on the fact that Buddy's popularity with Decker greatly increased after the assassination."

Attempts were made by Jim Garrison to persuade Walthers to testify at the Clay Shaw trial. In June, 1968, Walthers reported a bombing outside his home in Oak Cliff. It has been suggested that this was an attempt to warn him off talking to investigators such as Garrison about what he knew about the assassination of John F. Kennedy. The Shaw trial was due to take place in February, 1969.

On 10th January, 1969, Bill Decker sent Walthers and Alvin Maddox to a motel to question Walter Cherry, an escaped convict and a man suspected of a double murder. When the two detectives entered the room Buddy Walthers was shot dead by Cherry.

post-7-1206552898_thumb.jpg

• 11 months later...
Eddy Raymond (Buddy) Walthers was born in 1929. He worked as a taxi driver before joining the Dallas Police Department in December, 1955. He was promoted through the ranks, but a colleague, Roger Craig, claimed that Walthers success was a result of the close relationship he enjoyed with Bill Decker, the sheriff of Dallas. Craig later wrote: "Walthers... had absolutely no ability as a law enforcement officer. However, he was fast climbing the ladder of success by lying to Decker and squealing on his fellow officers."

Walthers was on duty in Dealey Plaza on 22nd November, 1963, and was the first police officer to question James T. Tague, who was cut by a flying object during the assassination. In Rush to Judgment, Mark Lane claims that "Walthers spoke with Tague and, examining the ground nearby for bullets, found a mark on the curb. Teague said, 'There was a mark quite obviously that was a bullet, and it was very fresh'. The piece of curb itself, exposed to the elements for three-quarters of a year, was at last taken away to the FBI laboratory."

Soon after Walthers interviewed Tague he was seen by witnesses with two men. A sequence of photos show one of the men picking something up out of the grass and then putting it in his pocket. Some researchers claim that these men were FBI or CIA agents. Walthers initially claimed a bullet was found. However, he later changed his mind and said it was actually a piece of JFK's head. Some researchers have suggested that it was a bullet that could not be linked to Lee Harvey Oswald that was being placed in the agent's pocket.

According to Michael Benson (Who's Who in the JFK Assassination) when Jack Ruby was arrested for killing Lee Harvey Oswald, his possessions were searched and among them was Walther's signed permanent pass to the Carousel Club.

In his book, When They Kill A President, Roger Craig claims that: "Buddy had a powerful hold on Decker. I base this on the fact that Buddy's popularity with Decker greatly increased after the assassination."

Attempts were made by Jim Garrison to persuade Walthers to testify at the Clay Shaw trial. In June, 1968, Walthers reported a bombing outside his home in Oak Cliff. It has been suggested that this was an attempt to warn him off talking to investigators such as Garrison about what he knew about the assassination of John F. Kennedy. The Shaw trial was due to take place in February, 1969.

On 10th January, 1969, Bill Decker sent Walthers and Alvin Maddox to a motel to question Walter Cherry, an escaped convict and a man suspected of a double murder. When the two detectives entered the room Buddy Walthers was shot dead by Cherry.

At maryferrell.org in the comments section someone cited the following book......

Brush with History: A Day in the Life of Deputy E.R. Walthers

By Eric Tagg

Published by Shot in the Light Pub., 1998

and stated that in it, the informant [i would imagine informing to the Dallas Police Department] regarding the activities at 3126 Harlandale was none other than Buddy Walters mother.

See

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...wRec.do?id=9917

Posted as a curiosity.

The image below shows Buddy Walthers' wife posing with the two actors who starred in the TV series 'Adam-12'. I can't recall their names off hand. This would have been circa early to mid 1970's.

As an aside, one of the Cuban exile informants the DPD had on the payroll was a man named Rafael Diaz - Alpha 66 member and a regular at the Stevens Theater where J.D. Tippit moonlighted.

I don't know if he was T-2 but the fact is there were many T-2's at the time. The T designation meant that identities must be protected.

Another T-2 was Charles 'The Blade' Tourine.

FWIW.

James

Posted as a curiosity.

The image below shows Buddy Walthers' wife posing with the two actors who starred in the TV series 'Adam-12'. I can't recall their names off hand. This would have been circa early to mid 1970's.

As an aside, one of the Cuban exile informants the DPD had on the payroll was a man named Rafael Diaz - Alpha 66 member and a regular at the Stevens Theater where J.D. Tippit moonlighted.

I don't know if he was T-2 but the fact is there were many T-2's at the time. The T designation meant that identities must be protected.

FWIW.

James

Martin Milner and Kent McCord.....The Adam 12 Stars......

Yeah, wonder how far we would have come, if we knew the identities of every single informant in the Warren Commission?

I'd settle for about a handful...lol

Nice Work James....Also I would like to see the picture of Decker and Walther's you mentioned Robert....

There are some important people named Diaz.......

James ever heard of Modesett...ONI?

Posted as a curiosity.

FWIW.

James

Yeah, wonder how far we would have come, if we knew the identities of every single informant in the Warren Commission?

Nice Work James....Also I would like to see the picture of Decker and Walther's you mentioned Robert....

Robert,

I gather that would be Jack Modesset? He is a very interesting character and seriously overlooked in the grand design.

Modesset was a crony of Hal Feeney, another rarely mentioned player amongst the South Florida revolutionary groups.

Diaz was one of the Alpha 66 guys associating with Manuel Orcaberrio. Interesting that Tippit was right amongst these guys at the Stevens Theater.

James

Posted as a curiosity.

FWIW.

James

Robert,

I gather that would be Jack Modesset? He is a very interesting character and seriously overlooked in the grand design.

Modesset was a crony of Hal Feeney, another rarely mentioned player amongst the South Florida revolutionary groups.

Diaz was one of the Alpha 66 guys associating with Manuel Orcaberrio. Interesting that Tippit was right amongst these guys at the Stevens Theater.

James

I am not a big fan of Gus Russo, I believe the subtitle to his book could read, 101 Ways the KGB and Castro could have Killed Kennedy.

The ONI Modesett, Feeney Gordon allegations are very compelling, but unless I am quite mistaken none of them are mentioned in the Warren Commission Report or the Hearings. So, the question if I am right is, how could a Castro Cuba Balbuena link to the JFK Assassination, be left out of the very report that seemingly would have wanted to find evidence of Castro involvement...I felt after reading the passages in Russo's book, that this was a big fishing expedition, that led to nowhere, and my suspicions were not comforted when I read that John Gordon, I believe it was, had a piece of paper that supposedly verified his Kennedy persecutions, [funny how both JFK and RFK were dead when this supposedly happened,] and he cut the paper into six pieces and gave each piece to a different family member to save for posterity.....Not to mention that he was basically elated when he heard RFK had been assassinated, as he felt that RFK would have been a mob President.....

Sheesh...That is one incredible pile of drivel, or I do not know what the word means.

I suppose he felt really good about his perceptions after Nixon resigned in 1974......

Talk about living in a parallel universe.

"Walthers was on duty in Dealey Plaza on 22nd November, 1963, and was the first police officer to question James T. Tague, who was cut by a flying object during the assassination. In Rush to Judgment, Mark Lane claims that "Walthers spoke with Tague and, examining the ground nearby for bullets, found a mark on the curb. Teague said, 'There was a mark quite obviously that was a bullet, and it was very fresh'. The piece of curb itself, exposed to the elements for three-quarters of a year, was at last taken away to the FBI laboratory."

Soon after Walthers interviewed Tague he was seen by witnesses with two men. A sequence of photos show one of the men picking something up out of the grass and then putting it in his pocket. Some researchers claim that these men were FBI or CIA agents. Walthers initially claimed a bullet was found. However, he later changed his mind and said it was actually a piece of JFK's head. Some researchers have suggested that it was a bullet that could not be linked to Lee Harvey Oswald that was being placed in the agent's pocket. "

or a piece of lead weight from a torccidal wheel weight strike in order to insure it wouldn't become an issue in order to reinforce trajectory issues

• 3 years later...

The only reason I am updating this thread, is in hopes that someone can answer a question.

In Tagg's biography of E.R. Buddy Walthers, there is a passage that reads......

.....main spokesman for the Cult Awareness Network involved with litigation against the Church of Scientology among others. He was a friend of Aldous Huxley and also served the defense team of Patty Hearst.....

Brush With History page 93, by Walthers, E.R. (1998)

Could someone with the book tell me who the person is being referenced?

Edited by Robert Howard

Guest Tom Scully

I'll take MKUltra psyciatrists for $50m Alex !

(I don't have access to the Tagg book's text, but I got the google....)

- Vincent Bugliosi Summation at Manson Trial. This is a pretty good read, with Manson's interspersed commentary quite telling and humerous. I now believe there is more to the so-called Mason murders, and that he and the family were probably part of a MKULTRA op gone berserk.

BK

I have been thinking this for a while now. Didn't Squeaky Fromme, supposed follower of Manson, pretend to try to shoot Ford? Of course there was no bullet in the chamber and she seemed to know it, which only makes it more interesting...

http://www.10zenmonk...ot-gerald-ford/

I think Manson and his klan warrant more scrutiny as a possible MKUltra project. They were trained to kill, that seems clear. But the potential motive of discrediting the hippie/liberal movement--mentioned in this thread--is sure interesting.

Ok, found this on a website. Again, sure is interesting.

http://www.justicefo.../tavistock.html

This is a short segment of a looong article. I'm unfamiliar with the site though, so I can't vouch for its credibility. The bold text was added by me.

"Manchuria in California?

As Carol Greene has demonstrated in her 1992 book Morder aus der Retorte: Der Fall Charles Manson, (Test-Tube Murder: The Case of Charles Manson) Charles Manson, before he committed mass murder, was himself an NIMH "research subject.'' Manson was released from a California prison in March 1967. He was required by law to report regularly to a parole officer named Roger Smith, who was based at the Haight-Ashbury Medical Clinic in San Francisco. This was an NIMH project designed to observe and in effect supervise the first large-scale drug addiction of white teenagers, thousands of whom were the clinic's clients. Clinic director David E. Smith was also the publisher of the Journal of Psychedelic Drugs, and a leading national advocate for the legalized use of narcotics. Within the clinic arrangement, Charles Manson's parole officer was officially commissioned to scientifically investigate the effects that various kinds drugs had on addicts served by the NIMH clinic. David Smith also collaborated with another NIMH project: a behavioral study of children in communes. He was an expert on the breeding of violent anti-social characters in the mind-crushing environment of the hippie or cult commune.

Parole officer Roger Smith remained on Manson's case after he was no longer his parole officer, as an adviser and observer of the increasingly insane man. Charles Manson took up with a British-origin satanic killer cult called The Process--Church of the Final Judgment, a spin-off from Scientology. When he started with The Process is not clear, but there are some reports that it was in that summer of 1967. Its British founders had put the U.S. headquarters of the cult into the Haight-Ashbury section, two blocks from where Manson was living, and they recruited from among the "flower children'' for the jobs of drug-running, assassination, and race riots.

David Berkowitz, convicted in the New York "Son of Sam'' serial murders, was an initiate of The Process. Manson is most widely known for his communal Family, which carried out the satanic Tate-LaBianca murders. But here we note that Lynette "Squeaky'' Fromme, who became the head of the Family after Manson was arrested in October 1969, was herself imprisoned for the 1975 attempted assassination of U.S. President Gerald Ford. Another associate of the Manson Family, Sarah Jane Moore, was also imprisoned for a failed assassination attempt on President Ford. Had either been successful, Nelson Rockefeller would have become President.

There is a certain psychiatric agency, the American Family Foundation, which exists officially to guard the public from injurious cults. AFF is the mother organization for the so-called Cult Awareness Network (CAN). Dr. Louis Jolyon West is a director of AFF. An expert in brainwashing for the Air Force and the CIA, West first achieved fame from his MK-Ultra feat--he injected LSD-25 into an elephant and killed it. West researched "the psychology of dissociated states'' for the CIA, using LSD and hypnosis. His friend Aldous Huxley suggested to Dr. West during an MK-Ultra experiment that West hypnotize his subjects prior to administering LSD, in order to give them "post-hypnotic suggestions aimed at orienting the drug-induced experience in some desired direction.''

Dr. West was called upon by the government to examine Jack Ruby, who had killed Lee Harvey Oswald before Oswald could stand trial for his alleged role in the assassination of President John Kennedy. West declared Ruby to be in a "paranoid state manifested by delusions, visual and auditory hallucinations, and suicidal impulses.'' Ruby was convicted in 1964, but conveniently died in 1967 while awaiting what could have been a revealing re- trial.

Dr. West lived in Haight-Ashbury during the summer of 1967, to study the hippies. In the 1970s, West became famous again for his plans to create a Center for the Study and Reduction of Violence. Its staff was to investigate the genetics and biochemistry of their prisoners, including "hyperkinetic children,'' whose every motion would be electronically monitored by Orwellian guards. Though backed by Gov. Ronald Reagan, the plan was defeated.

Rabbi Maurice Davis is another "expert'' guarding America from cults as a director of the American Family Foundation. Davis worked at the NIMH Lexington Addiction Research Center as a chaplain, serving the slave victims of the MK-Ultra drug experiments as they were brought into cult participation. Rabbi Davis then moved to Indianapolis and sponsored the career of Rev. Jim Jones, whose followers were murdered with poisoned Kool-Aid in Guyana.

The bulk of the start-up financing for the American Family Foundation was channelled through a New York law firm running two funding satellites of the Josiah Macy, Jr. Foundation. The same law firm was the legal representative of The Process--Church of the Final Judgment.

The Process Church employs neo-Nazi themes, as do other British-origin movements such as the Satanists associated with California's Anton Lavey and Col. Michael Aquino. Charles Manson's swastika tatoo attests to this. Many of the psychotic potential presidential assassins have been "neo-Nazis.'' These include Ronald Reagan's deeply brainwashed assailant John Hinckley, and some of those who have threatened President Clinton.

To help turn up the possible source for this curious zombie pattern, we review the case of NIMH leader Seymour Kety--as of recent report the chairman of the Professional Advisory Section of the Scottish Rite Masons' Schizophrenia Research program. This is the Dr. Kety who, with his NIMH predecessor Dr. Felix, helped shape the programs that made Charles Manson a satanic beast. A Scottish Rite brochure reports on the meetings of the Rite's Grand Commander and Supreme Council with their psychiatrists to plan for the future. The brochure explains that Dr. Kety "can trace his interest in the genetics of schizophrenia to a report by Dr. Franz Kallmann at one of these meetings years ago. Dr. Kety's own genetic studies have become landmarks in the field, as the first convincing demonstration of an inherited factor.'' Not the first, perhaps, because Kallmann provided Adolf Hitler with "convincing'' pretexts to exterminate mental patients."

Was Sarah Jane Moore really associated with Manson like Fromme was???

Test-Tube Murder: The Case of Charles Manson eh? Wonder if there's an English version.

The C.I.A. Doctors: Human Rights Violations by American Psychiatrists

books.google.com Colin A. Ross - 2006 - 351 pages - Google eBook - Preview

The expert witnesses for Patty Hearst during her trial were Dr. Louis Jolyon West, Dr. Martin Orne, Dr. Margaret Singer, and Dr. Robert Lifton. Dr. West and Dr. Orne were MKULTRA contractors with TOP SECRET clearance. Dr. Singer was a ...

Phoenix Rising: The Rise and Fall of the American Republic - Page 357

books.google.com Donald G. Lett, Jr. - 2008 - 600 pages - Full view

... about a “mind control” device which supposedly could send subliminal messages over the telephone wires.231 The preeminent guru of the CIA's psychological warfare program was Dr. Louis West. West was good friends with Aldous Huxley

Tom aka Lifesaver....Thanks with what you furnished, I was sort of, able to piece together page 93 of Brush With History

.....main spokesman for the Cult Awareness Network involved with litigation against the Church of Scientology among others. He was a friend of Aldous Huxley and also served the defense team of Patty Hearst............77 straight days. The fact that Louis J West is listed as one of the researchers in this sinister project raises many questions with regard to Jack Ruby. If he was studying Ruby why haven't any of these......

Of course, Aldous Huxley died on November 22, 1963 also.....

There are several areas Buddy Walthers interfaces with.....3126 Harlandale, I was incorrect in an earlier post on this thread when I mentioned T-2 was his mother, in fact, if I am not mistaken it was his mother-in-law who was T-2 at the time of the alleged Oswald visit to that address.....There was a reason, obviously that I asked the question you answered Tom, if you like I can fill you in, if you are interested.

also see

https://groups.googl...jfk/0-L2aI60wvA

and

The Truth About Scientology Trevor Meldal-Johnsen and Patrick Lusey -Tempo Books -1980

Final Note: I was interested in the topic, originally after I had done a lot of research on ONI, as have

some other persons. As part of my leave no stone unturned approach, if you are interested in the US Navy

from pre-World War II to the JFK Assassination, at some point it behooves one to take a look at L. Ron

Hubbard, aka the founder of Scientology as well as the driving force behind Dianetics. My outlook

on Scientology is not conspiracy driven, but I am also interested in history especially controversial

history, what I learned about Scientology in the context of 1950 onwards to about 1980, would not

be unfavorable, in fact if appearances are correct, which, of course oftentimes they are not, they

have taken on some pretty powerful groups both within and without the U.S. government. But I

don't want to get off the subject matter.

Edited by Robert Howard

Guest Tom Scully

Yes, Robert, I am more than interested....please continue, and consider the following :

1. Psychiatric Abuse and MKULTRA
    http://www.reflectionsinthenight.com/psychiatric_abuse.htm
    A female psychiatrist arranged to send my brother to a sanitarium in the San Fernando ... My father and brother went to a psychiatrist, Dr. T, whose office was much closer, .... His Military record included Chief of Psychiatry at Barksdale AFB, Bossier City, ... In 1952 both were stationed in San Antonio Texas, West as Chief of ...
    Curriculum Vitae - Tempereau
    http://www.tempereau.com/clinton/curriculum%20vitae.htm

2. Dr. Louis Joyon "Jolly" West
    http://www.whale.to/b/west_q.html Director the Cult Awareness Network... funded under MKULTRA to study the .... Shortly after he had entered University of Wisconsin, he enlisted in the U.S. Army. ... of Psychiatry Service at the Lackland Air Force Base, San Antonio, Texas.

Seems so compatible with the background of the friendly M.D. Adele Edisen described.

Edited by Tom Scully