The Education Forum

The Worst Books Ever on the JFK Assassination

Guest Robert Morrow

Guest Robert Morrow

This - along with my other list of Best books ever on the JFK is a work in progress. What books do YOU think should be on this list? ... or on the best books list. Keep those picks coming! [This list was edited, expanded and re-ranked on 12/1/10.]

Having said that there are still golden nuggets of truth you can find in these books, just that the percentage might be 5%-10% good stuff vs. 95% quality stuff in LBJ: Mastermind of JFK's Assasssination, JFK and the Unspeakable, Brothers and the Dark Side of Camelot - all of whom are excellent books.

1 The Warren Report: The Official Report on the Assassination of President John F. Kennedy FBI/CIA/LBJ/ 7 CON MEN 1964

2 Reclaiming History Vincint Bugliosi 2007

3 Case Closed Gerald Posner 1993

4 ABC News Presents the Kennedy Assassination - Beyond Conspiracy 2003 Peter Jennings 2003

5 Marina and Lee Priscalla Johnson McMillan 1977

6 Counterplot Edward Jay Epstein 1969

7 Legend Edward Jay Epstein 1979

8 JFK Assassination Logic: How to Think About Claims of Conspiracy John McAdams 2011

9 Legacy of Secrecy: The Long Shadow of the JFK Assassination Lamar Waldron and Thom Hartmann 2008

10 Ultimate Sacrifice: John and Robert Kennedy, the Plan for a Coup in Cuba, and the Murder of JFK Lamar Waldron and Thom Hartmann 2008

11 Live By the Sword: The Secret War Against Castro and the Death of JFK Gus Russo 1998

12 Brothers in Arms: The Kennedys, the Castros, and the Politics of Murder Gus Russo and Stephen Molton 2009

13 Conspiracy of One Jim Moore 1991

14 Final Disclosure: The Full Truth about the Assassination of President Kennedy David Belin 1988

15 False Witness: The Real Story of Jim Garrison's Investigation and Oliver Stone's Film JFK Patricia Lambert 2000

16 Portrait of the Assassin Gerald Ford and John Stiles 1965

17 November 22, 1963: You are the Jury David Belin 1973

18 Oswald's Ghost (DVD) Hugh Aynesworth, Robert Dallek, etc 2008

19 Breaking the News Hugh Aynesworth 2003

20 Inside the Target Car Discovery Channel 2008

21 Oswald's Game (Paper) Jean Davison 1986

22 Plot or Politics Rosemary James and Jack Wardlaw 1967

23 Regicide: The Official Assassination of John F. Kennedy Gregory Douglas 2002

24 A Simple Act of Murder: November 22, 1963 Mark Fuhrman 2007

25 The Truth About the Assassination Charles Roberts (Pierre Salinger Foreward) 1967

26 Disinformation, Misinformation, and the "Conspiracy" to Kill JFK Exposed Armand Moss 1987

27 Silencing the Lone Assassin: The Murders of JFK and Lee Harvey Oswald John A. Canal 2000

28 Opium Lords: Israel, the Golden Triangle, and the Kennedy Assassination Salvador Astucia 2002

29 Jack Ruby Garry Willis and Ovid Demaris 1994

30 When the News Went Live: Dallas 1963 Bob Huffaker 2007

31 With Malice: Lee Harvey Oswald and the Murder of Officer J.D. Tippit Dale K. Meyers 1998

32 Eyewitness to History: The Kennedy Assassination: As Seen by Howard Brennan Howard Brennan and Edward Cherryholmes 1987

33 The JFK Myths: A Scientific Investigation of the Kennedy Assassination Larry M. Sturdivan 2005

34 Should We Believe the Warren Report? Stephen White 1968

35 Oswald's Tale: An American History Norman Mailer 2007

36 Rethinking Camelot: JFK, the Vietnam War, and US Political Culture Noam Chomsky 1993

37 Appointment in Dallas: The Final Solution to the Assassination of JFK Hugh McDonald 1992

38 The Garrison Case: A Study in the Abuse of Power Milton E. Brener 1969

39 LBJ and the JFK Conspiracy Hugh McDonald & Robin Moore

40 Riding the Tiger's Back: A Footnote to the Assassination of JFK Phillip Hemenway 1992

41 Passiongate Joanne Brown 1997

42 The Two Assassins Renatus Hartog and Lucy Freeman 1964

43 Broken Silence Ray "Tex" Brown and Don Lasseter 1996

44 Unsolved History: JFK [DVD] Dave Perry 0

45 The Great Zapruder Film Hoax: Deceit and Deception in the Death of JFK James Fetzer 2003

46 A Mother in History Jean Stafford 1992

47 The Death of a President, November 20-November 25, 1963 William Manchester 1967

48 JFK First Day Evidence: Stored Away for 30 Years in an Old Briefcase, New Evidence is Now Revealed by Former Dallas Police Crime Lab Detective R. W. Gary Savage 1993

49 The JFK Assassination, Dispelling the Myths Mel Ayton 2002

50 Umbrella man: Evidence of conspiracy R.B. Cutler 1975

51 The Perfect Assassin: Lee Harvey Oswald, the CIA and Mind Control Jerry Leonard 2002

52 Triangle of Death: The Shocking Truth About the Role of South Vietnam and the French Mafia in the Assassination of JFK Bradley Seymour and L.E. Seymour 2009

53 The Day Kennedy Was Shot: An Hour-by-Hour Account of What Really Happened on November 22, 1963 Jim Bishop 1984

54 Real Answers: The True Story Told by Gary Cornwell, Deputy Chief Counsel for the U.S. House of Representatives Select Committee on Assassinations, in Charge of the Investigation of the John F. Kennedy Assassination Gary Cornwell 1998

55 Kennedy and Lincoln: Medical and Ballistic Comparisons of Their Assassinations John K. Lattimer 1980

56 Mind Control, Oswald & JFK: Were We Controlled? Lincoln Lawrence and Kenn Thomas 1997

57 The Oswald File: Startling New Evidence and Undeniable Conclusions on the Man Sent to Kill Kennedy Michael Eddowes 1977

58 The Assassination of John F. Kennedy: Death of the New Frontier Karen Price Hossell 2002

59 Lee: A Portrait of Lee Harvey Oswald by His Brother Robert Oswald and Myrick and Barbara Land 1967

60 Definitive Proof: The Secret Service Murder of President John Fitzgerald Kennedy Dan Robertson 2007

61 The Actual Naming of John F. Kennedy's Assassins: The Vatican Ciphers Stephen Kellogg Brooks 2006

62 The Anatomy of Motive: The FBI's Legendary Mindhunter Explores the Key to Understanding and Catching Violent Criminals John Douglas and Mark Olshaker 2000

63 The Kennedy Assassination Peter Knight 2007

64 The Kennedy Detail Gerald Blaine and Lisa McCubbin 2010

65 "My God, I'm Hit!" Brian David Andersen 2007

66 Oswald's Politics Gary W. O'Brien 2010

67 Elm Street: Oswald a tue Kennedy! Francois Carlier 2008

===================================================

I am constantly updating, adding to, tweaking my "Worst Books of the JFK Assassintion." Having said that there are still golden nuggets of truth you can find in these books, just that the percentage might be 5% good stuff vs. 95% quality stuff in LBJ: Mastermind of JFK's Assasssination, JFK and the Unspeakable, Brothers and the Dark Side of Camelot - all of whom are excellent books.

Here is my Worst Books on the JFK Assassination list as of 4/4/11:

1 Programmed to Kill: Lee Harvey Oswald, the Soviet KGB, and the Kennedy Assassination Ion Mihai Pacepa

2 The Warren Report: The Official Report on the Assassination of President John F. Kennedy FBI/CIA/LBJ/ 7 CON MEN

3 Reclaiming History Vincint Bugliosi

4 Case Closed Gerald Posner

5 ABC News Presents the Kennedy Assassination - Beyond Conspiracy 2003 Peter Jennings

6 Marina and Lee Priscalla Johnson McMillan

7 Counterplot Edward Jay Epstein

8 Legend Edward Jay Epstein

9 JFK Assassination Logic: How to Think About Claims of Conspiracy John McAdams

10 Legacy of Secrecy: The Long Shadow of the JFK Assassination Lamar Waldron and Thom Hartmann

11 Ultimate Sacrifice: John and Robert Kennedy, the Plan for a Coup in Cuba, and the Murder of JFK Lamar Waldron and Thom Hartmann

12 Live By the Sword: The Secret War Against Castro and the Death of JFK Gus Russo

13 Brothers in Arms: The Kennedys, the Castros, and the Politics of Murder Gus Russo and Stephen Molton

14 Conspiracy of One Jim Moore

15 Final Disclosure: The Full Truth about the Assassination of President Kennedy David Belin

16 False Witness: The Real Story of Jim Garrison's Investigation and Oliver Stone's Film JFK Patricia Lambert

17 Portrait of the Assassin Gerald Ford and John Stiles

18 November 22, 1963: You are the Jury David Belin

19 Oswald's Ghost (DVD) Hugh Aynesworth, Robert Dallek, etc

20 The Night Watch: 25 Years of Peculiar Service David Atlee Phillips

21 Breaking the News Hugh Aynesworth

22 Inside the Target Car Discovery Channel

23 Oswald's Game (Paper) Jean Davison

24 Fatal Hour Robert Blakey and Richard Billings

25 Plot or Politics Rosemary James and Jack Wardlaw

26 A Simple Act of Murder: November 22, 1963 Mark Fuhrman

27 The Scavengers and Critics of the Warren Report Delacorte Press

28 The Truth About the Assassination Charles Roberts (Pierre Salinger Foreward)

29 Disinformation, Misinformation, and the "Conspiracy" to Kill JFK Exposed Armand Moss

30 Silencing the Lone Assassin: The Murders of JFK and Lee Harvey Oswald John A. Canal

31 Opium Lords: Israel, the Golden Triangle, and the Kennedy Assassination Salvador Astucia

32 Jack Ruby Garry Willis and Ovid Demaris

33 When the News Went Live: Dallas 1963 Bob Huffaker

34 With Malice: Lee Harvey Oswald and the Murder of Officer J.D. Tippit Dale K. Meyers

35 Eyewitness to History: The Kennedy Assassination: As Seen by Howard Brennan Howard Brennan and Edward Cherryholmes

36 The JFK Myths: A Scientific Investigation of the Kennedy Assassination Larry M. Sturdivan

37 Should We Believe the Warren Report? Stephen White

38 Oswald's Tale: An American History Norman Mailer

39 Rethinking Camelot: JFK, the Vietnam War, and US Political Culture Noam Chomsky

40 Appointment in Dallas: The Final Solution to the Assassination of JFK Hugh McDonald

41 The Garrison Case: A Study in the Abuse of Power Milton E. Brener

42 LBJ and the JFK Conspiracy Hugh McDonald & Robin Moore

43 Riding the Tiger's Back: A Footnote to the Assassination of JFK Phillip Hemenway

44 Passiongate Joanne Brown

45 The Two Assassins Renatus Hartog and Lucy Freeman

46 Broken Silence Ray "Tex" Brown and Don Lasseter

47 Unsolved History: JFK [DVD] Dave Perry

48 A Mother in History Jean Stafford

49 The Death of a President, November 20-November 25, 1963 William Manchester

50 JFK First Day Evidence: Stored Away for 30 Years in an Old Briefcase, New Evidence is Now Revealed by Former Dallas Police Crime Lab Detective R. W. Gary Savage

51 The JFK Assassination, Dispelling the Myths Mel Ayton

52 Umbrella Man: Evidence of conspiracy R.B. Cutler

53 The Perfect Assassin: Lee Harvey Oswald, the CIA and Mind Control Jerry Leonard

54 Triangle of Death: The Shocking Truth About the Role of South Vietnam and the French Mafia in the Assassination of JFK Bradley Seymour and L.E. Seymour

55 The Day Kennedy Was Shot: An Hour-by-Hour Account of What Really Happened on November 22, 1963 Jim Bishop

56 Real Answers: The True Story Told by Gary Cornwell, Deputy Chief Counsel for the U.S. House of Representatives Select Committee on Assassinations, in Charge of the Investigation of the John F. Kennedy Assassination Gary Cornwell

57 Kennedy and Lincoln: Medical and Ballistic Comparisons of Their Assassinations John K. Lattimer

58 Mind Control, Oswald & JFK: Were We Controlled? Lincoln Lawrence and Kenn Thomas

59 The Oswald File: Startling New Evidence and Undeniable Conclusions on the Man Sent to Kill Kennedy Michael Eddowes

60 The Assassination of John F. Kennedy: Death of the New Frontier Karen Price Hossell

61 Lee: A Portrait of Lee Harvey Oswald by His Brother Robert Oswald and Myrick and Barbara Land

62 Definitive Proof: The Secret Service Murder of President John Fitzgerald Kennedy Dan Robertson

63 The Actual Naming of John F. Kennedy's Assassins: The Vatican Ciphers Stephen Kellogg Brooks

64 The Anatomy of Motive: The FBI's Legendary Mindhunter Explores the Key to Understanding and Catching Violent Criminals John Douglas and Mark Olshaker

65 The Kennedy Assassination Peter Knight

66 The Kennedy Detail Gerald Blaine and Lisa McCubbin

67 "My God, I'm Hit!" Brian David Andersen

68 Oswald's Politics Gary W. O'Brien

69 Elm Street: Oswald a tue Kennedy! Francois Carlier

70 Tears of Autumn Charles Mccarry

71 Nemesis Peter Evans

72 Flashback: The Untold Story of Lee Harvey Oswald Ron Lewis

73 John F. Kennedy Assassination: a Mafia Conspiracy Jim Gatewood

74 Mortal Error: The Shot that Killed JFK, a ballistics expert's astonishing discovery of the fatal bullet that Oswald did not fire Bonar Menninger

75 Kennedy Assassination Tapes Max Holland

76 The Great Zapruder Film Hoax: Deceit and Deception in the Death of JFK James Fetzer

77 Need to Know: Inside the Warren Commission Max Holland

78 Vantage Point Lyndon Johnson

79 In History's Shadow: An American Odyssey John Connally

80 Libra Don DeLillo

81 Target JFK: Final Chapter in the Assassination Nunzio Addabbo

82 Oh, No … Jackie-O!, the Unspeakable is Spoken January Jones

83 Jackie, Ari and Jack: the Tragic Love Triangle January Jones

84 Secrets of a Homocide (video) Dale Meyers

Edited by Robert Morrow

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good list.

Two exceptions:; Legend, and JFK First Day Evidence.

Those are poor books but they have things of value in them that the others do not.

Oh--this is a rather big "Claim" and I guess there are very few nuggets...I simply wouldn´t have the time to dig up this mud of lies, errors and hypocrisies.....and I have a lot of time...

@R. Morrow: good list, thx...

KK

PS

I would put from the list: THE GREAT ZAPRUDER FILM HOAX...this book is alright to me...

Edited by Karl Kinaski

23 Umbrella man: Evidence of conspiracy R.B. Cutler 1975 s.n. (1975)

Are you kidding me!?

Do you own TUM Robert?

I dont think that you do, because if you did it wouldnt be on your worst books list

I do own Cutlers TUM, and while I do not agree with Cutlers TUM theory, the plats and the tracking of TUM and DCM alone make the book a valuable resource

Conspiracy of One by Jim Moore has to be the funniest book I have ever read. The authors writing style and sluething reminds me of DVP.

I think the first edition came out around 1991.

Guest Robert Morrow

Keep those picks coming folks! Thanks for the input. Both JFK lists are a work in process with books being constantly added, taken off and re-ranked. On the Best JFK books list I give emphasis to books that cover the Lyndon Johnson and CIA angles of the operation. On the Worst Books list - although I agree some stuff in there is useful - I mark down any farcical lone nut theory disinfo.

As for Umbrella Man. I AGREE he was probably part of the assassination, but probably only as a spotter for the snipers along with his walkie-talkie carrying "dark complected man." But he was not shooting darts at anyone that day. Folks, last time I checked, they were shooting BULLETS at Dealey Plaza not dart guns! Having said that I wish I had this book if it has useful plats, because I do think "Umbrella Man" is probably one of the murderers of JFK.

Edited by Robert Morrow

This - along with my other list of Best books ever on the JFK is a work in progress. What books do YOU think should be on this list ... or on the best books list. Keep those picks coming!

1 The Warren Report: The Official Report on the Assassination of President John F. Kennedy by FBI/CIA/LBJ/ 7 CON MEN 1964 Your Tax Dollars

2 Reclaiming History Vincint Bugliosi 2007 W.W. Norton & Company

3 Case Closed Gerald Posner 1993 Anchor Books, Doubleday

4 Marina and Lee Priscalla Johnson McMillan 1977 Harper and Row

5 Counterplot Edward Jay Epstein 1969 Viking

6 Legend Edward Jay Epstein 1979 Ballantine Books

7 Conspiracy of One Jim Moore 1997 Summit Publishing Group

8 Final Disclosure: The Full Truth about the Assassination of President Kennedy David Belin 1988 Scribner

9 Portrait of the Assassin Gerald Ford and John Stiles 1965 Simon and Schuster

10 November 22, 1963: You are the Jury David Belin 1973 Quadrangle- New York Times Book Co.

11 Oswald's Game (Paper) Jean Davison 1986 W.W. Norton & Company

12 Legacy of Secrecy: The Long Shadow of the JFK Assassination Lamar Waldron and Thom Hartmann 2008 Counterpoint

13 Ultimate Sacrifice: John and Robert Kennedy, the Plan for a Coup in Cuba, and the Murder of JFK Lamar Waldron and Thom Hartmann 2008 Counterpoint

14 Live By the Sword: The Secret War Against Castro and the Death of JFK Gus Russo 1998 Bancroft Press

15 Brothers in Arms: The Kennedys, the Castros, and the Politics of Murder Gus Russo and Stephen Molton 2009 Bloomsbury USA

16 Regicide: The Official Assassination of John F. Kennedy Gregory Douglas 2002 Monte Sano Media

17 A Simple Act of Murder: November 22, 1963 Mark Fuhrman 2007 Harper Paperbacks

18 The Great Zapruder Film Hoax: Deceit and Deception in the Death of JFK James Fetzer 2003 Open Court

19 False Witness: The Real Story of Jim Garrison's Investigation and Oliver Stone's Film JFK Patricia Lambert 2000 M. Evans and Company, Inc.

20 Opium Lords: Israel, the Golden Triangle, and the Kennedy Assassination Salvador Astucia 2002 Dsharpwriter

21 Jack Ruby Garry Willis and Ovid Demaris 1994 Da Capo Press

22 Breaking the News Hugh Aynesworth 2003 International Focus Press

23 Umbrella man: Evidence of conspiracy R.B. Cutler 1975 s.n. (1975)

24 The JFK Assassination, Dispelling the Myths Mel Ayton 2002 Woodfield Publishing

25 JFK First Day Evidence: Stored Away for 30 Years in an Old Briefcase, New Evidence is Now Revealed by Former Dallas Police Crime Lab Detective R. W. Gary Savage 1993 Shoppe Press

26 With Malice: Lee Harvey Oswald and the Murder of Officer J.D. Tippit Dale K. Meyers 1998 Oak Cliff Press

27 Eyewitness to History: The Kennedy Assassination: As Seen by Howard Brennan Howard Brennan and Edward Cherryholmes 1987 Texian Press

28 JFK Myths: A Scientific Investigation of the Kennedy Assassination Larry M. Sturdivan 2005 Paragon House Publishers

29 Rethinking Camelot: JFK, the Vietnam War, and US Political Culture Noam Chomsky 1993 South End Press

30 Riding the Tiger's Back: A Footnote to the Assassination of JFK Phillip Hemenway 1992 Heidelberg Graphics

31 Passiongate Joanne Brown 1997 The NF Journal Press

32 Broken Silence Ray "Tex" Brown and Don Lasseter 1996 Pinnacle

33 A Mother in History Jean Stafford 1992 Pharos Books

As I find many of the Oswald-did-it books illuminating, I would exclude many of the books on this list. Two of the CT books, however, stand out in their crappiness: Passiongate and Broken Silence. It seemed clear to me that neither of the writers of these books could possibly believe what they were writing, and that they were just trying to cash in.

''What books do YOU think should be on this list ... or on the best books list. Keep those picks coming!

1 The Warren Report: The Official Report on the Assassination of President John F. Kennedy by FBI/CIA/LBJ/ 7 CON MEN 1964 Your Tax Dollars''

The Presidential Commissions '' The Official Report...) is a slim volume of a huge archive ( 26 volumes of testimony and exhibits replete with reasons to consider the Report (aka Warren Report, a Nick given the report in an atmosphere of the drive to Impeach Earl Warren by the JBS andf others of that ilk, a very early divertion. (imo)) flawed,. The (or much of it) data that points to a conspiracy, has resided for a long time in Complete sets of first printings. I would therefore place the Presidential Commission volumes, in tandem with the Report in the Best section. (should really get around to scanning the original hardcover front page/s and the spine, I know its like pushing a barrow of s..t uphill, but even the most fundamental things about the assassination are given a flavour)

I totally agree with Pat. There are some single assassin books that I have learned a great deal from but disgaree with the conclusions. I think Dale Myers' book With Malice has some horrible horrible conclusions but it has some great research material in it. Same would be said for Norman Mailer's Oswald's Tale.

Hey Lee,

I'm curious as to what you found of value in Mailer's book?

Martin,

Well first off, I can stand on it to change light-bulbs. It's got a great cover with the Neely Street address in negative. It cost me a quid.

Seriously, I just like the way Mailer writes. He has always been a writer who holds my attention. I completely disagree with the psychology he gives Oswald but it's still interesting to read because he does get a lot of the historical stuff correct with addresses, dates, relationships, and the family history part.

I don't know. Call me a bit weird but I much prefer arguing with Mailer while reading him, than let's say reading No Case to Answer and agreeing with almost everything that Ian Griggs writes. Know what I mean? I think I've stated on here more than once, I learn more from debating than I ever will from agreeing.

Lee

As I recall Mailer's book broke a lot of ground on Oswald's time in Russia, and that he actually spoke to some of those who knew Lee.

With Malice is almost funny.

He brings up two strongly exculpatory pieces of evidence: the Oswald non-matching fingerprints on the car, the wallet left at the scene to frame Oswald.

Neither one stops Myers from convicting Oswald.

Well, if you can put together that Rube Goldberg Secrets of a Homicide video contraption, I guess you can believe anything.

http://www.ctka.net/dale.html

He sure made some money off it though via ABC's "irrefutable" claim for it.

BTW, how in the bag was that show? Well, Myer's pal Gus Russo was the led consultant.

When one of the staffers called David Wrone, he apparently did not know that Wrone was a critic. So when something was mentioned supporting the Commission, Wrone disagreed and said he would get something to correct it. When he came back, the line was dead.

That's objective journalism for you.

Jim,

I’ve just now read your article at…

http://www.ctka.net/2008/bugliosi_myers.html

You write…

“If Russo needs someone to get off three shots in six seconds for his book, Vaughn can do that. (It doesn't matter if he isn't firing at moving targets or if the gun isn't loaded.)”

Could you please tell me exactly what you mean by “It doesn't matter if…the gun isn't loaded”.

Thanks.

Todd

With Malice is almost funny.

He brings up two strongly exculpatory pieces of evidence: the Oswald non-matching fingerprints on the car, the wallet left at the scene to frame Oswald.

Neither one stops Myers from convicting Oswald.

Well, if you can put together that Rube Goldberg Secrets of a Homicide video contraption, I guess you can believe anything.

http://www.ctka.net/dale.html

He sure made some money off it though via ABC's "irrefutable" claim for it.

BTW, how in the bag was that show? Well, Myer's pal Gus Russo was the led consultant.

When one of the staffers called David Wrone, he apparently did not know that Wrone was a critic. So when something was mentioned supporting the Commission, Wrone disagreed and said he would get something to correct it. When he came back, the line was dead.

That's objective journalism for you.

Jim,

Again, I’ve just now read your article at…

http://www.ctka.net/2008/bugliosi_myers.html

Could you please explain what the following is supposed to mean?

“To counter the film JFK, Vaughn can write that for Oswald to have fired his rifle with Kennedy's limo below him, rather than further down on Elm Street, he would have been hanging out the Texas School Book Depository window. ( I was there in 1991, he wouldn't have been.)”

I’d like to address this, if need be, but frankly I have no idea what you are trying to say. Are you saying that I claimed somewhere that “for Oswald to have fired his rifle with Kennedy's limo below him, rather than further down on Elm Street, he would have been hanging out the Texas School Book Depository window”?

Thanks.

Todd

I think saying he was a ''curious case'' is pretty spot on. Possibly a clue may lie in the correct interpretation of his own description (as reported) of his ''world view''.

Todd, this is what you wrote in one of those JFK journals back in the early nineties.

That if someone was going to shoot at the limo on Houston, which was a point made in Stone's film, he would be hanging out the window exposing himself.

I remember it distinctly for the reason I wrote about.

Jim,

While my memory could be off, I don't recall writing anything for any of the JFK journals in the early 90's, and I’d appreciate a citation for your claim.

I don't think I've ever claimed that "if someone was going to shoot at the limo on Houston,...he would be hanging out the window exposing himself.".

While I do think that if someone were to shoot at the limo while it was on Houston he would be quite possibly exposing himself in the window to the spectators, police, and Secret Service agents below, I certainly don’t think he would have to be “hanging out the window” to do so.

Lastly, your “…that for Oswald to have fired his rifle with Kennedy's limo below him, rather than further down on Elm Street, he would have been hanging out the Texas School Book Depository window.”, says nothing about Houston Street, and the “rather than further” portion of “rather than further down on Elm Street” implies that when you wrote “with Kennedy's limo below him” you were talking about below him on Elm Street, not Houston Street.

Todd

Todd:

I definitely recall you writing that and it was in the context I wrote about--that it to counter Stone's film.

I don't have my files anymore.

IF I recall, it was not something like Third Decade. It was one of the smaller ones like maybe Deannie RIchards publication.

Jim,

You’re wrong on all counts.

I’ve never written anything published in a journal/newsletter to “counter Stone’s film”.

And I’ve only written for 2 journals/newsletters - The Continuing Inquiry in the early 1980’s and The Grassy Knoll Gazette in the mid 1980s,

And I’ve never written anything for Deannie RIchards publication.

So, I’d appreciate you correcting your article to remove the bogus claim that ““To counter the film JFK, Vaughn can write that for Oswald to have fired his rifle with Kennedy's limo below him, rather than further down on Elm Street, he would have been hanging out the Texas School Book Depository window. ( I was there in 1991, he wouldn't have been.)”

Also, could you please address the other issue I raised regarding your claims about me in your article?

Todd

Todd, I actually had the clipping.

It might not have been an article. It might have been a quote form you, but I definitely recall it and I clipped it.

LOL!

So now it's not an article from one of the “JFK journals back in the early nineties” but rather it "might" have been a “clipping” of a quote from me.

In another thread somewhere in this forum you wrote, asking another poster, "About these quotes for these witnesses: please supply the proper academic sourcing for them."

I as you now, can YOU provide the “proper academic sourcing” for YOUR claim about what I supposedly wrote (or what I supposedly said, depending on which version you choose to tell)?

And again, could you please address the other issue I raised regarding your claims about me in your article?