The Education Forum

The importance of Connie Kritzberg, reporter for Dallas Times Herald on 11/22/63

Guest Robert Morrow

Guest Robert Morrow

Connie Kritzberg, reporter for the Dallas Times Herald, states that the FBI was editing her news reporting immediately following the JFK assassination, trying to make it appear as if there were just one shooter. Kritzberg's account is highly significant because it is a striking example of the FBI already in high gearon Day One in its cover up of the JFK assassination. The FBI added the sentence "A doctor admitted that it was possible there was only one wound."

Connie Kritzberg, who was a reporter for the Dallas Times Herald at the time of the assassination, had interviewed Dr. Malcolm Perry, who had said the throat wound had been an extrance wound, which would have indicated a shot from the front. When Kritzberg wrote an article about the assassination, she found that the FBI had added a sentence to her article after she turned it in on 11/22/63 to her editors for the 11/23/63 afternoon edition (Dallas Times Herald was the afternoon paper; the Dallas Morning News was the morning paper.) The FBI had added the sentence A DOCTOR ADMITTED THAT IT WAS POSSIBLE THERE WAS ONLY ONE WOUND." to her copy. The FBI did this sometime after 6PM on Friday 11/22 and sometime before the running of the presses on Saturday morning. Midnight 12AM might be a good guess at when an FBI agent added this sentence to her copy.

Kritzberg is a critically important witness and her story is not well known. Larry Hancock knows her well. Connie Kritzberg was a reporter for the Dallas Times Herald; she interviewed the Parkland doctors who actually called her paper late in the afternoon on 12/22/63 after they were done giving interviews to other media.

Connie is age 79 now (2011 year). She has been a JFK researcher herself over the years, knew Madeleine Brown quite well and Connie is in the "LBJ and Clint Murchison, Sr did it camp." Post assassination she went to work for one of the Murchison companies and she will tell you in 1963 - although Clint had had a stroke by then - he was fully able to conduct business (i.e. kill the president). He was not in the disabled shape Joe Kennedy was in.

Kritzberg's story is an EXTREMELY important story. Basically she says that the FBI went to her editors and altered her story (inserting a sentence) to conform to the lone nutter propaganda they were pushing within hours of the assassination. Larry Hancock guesses this might have occurred around midnight, but it could have happened any time from 6PM Friday to perhaps 9AM in the morning.

The title of her story in the paper Dallas Times Herald, dated 11/23/63 was:

"Neck Wounds Bring Death to President"

"Wounds in the lower front portion of the neck and the right rear side of the head ended the life of President John F. Kennedy, say doctors at Parkland Hospital.

Whether there were one or two wounds was not decided. The front neck hole was described as an entrance wound. The wound at the back of the head, while the principal one, was either an exit or tangentially exit wound. A DOCTOR ADMITTED THAT IT WAS POSSIBLE THERE WAS ONLY ONE WOUND."

The sentence in all capital letters is the sentence the FBI added to her article according to Constance's editors who told her that around noon on Saturday 11/23, when she called in mad about the alteration of her article. She knew she had not written that sentence. She demanded to know WHO did and her editor said it was the FBI.

Connie's book is JFK: Secrets From the Sixth Floor Window, which I highly recommend.

http://www.amazon.com/JFK-Secrets-Sixth-Floor-Window/dp/0963906216

Connie Kritzberg's other book is November Patriots, half of which is her "faction" novel and the other half is Larry Hancock's straight research.

http://www.amazon.com/November-Patriots-Constance-Kritzberg/dp/0966728106/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1305172290&sr=1-1-fkmr0

November Patriots also has a nice chapter at the end written by Madeleine Brown on the Texas Mafia. She recounts how she saw Malcolm Wallace target shooting at the gun range a few days before the JFK assassination.

Connie Kritzberg, author of "Secrets From The Sixth Floor," Kritzberg was a reporter at the "Dallas Times Herald" on November 22, 1963, and interviewed two significant figures in the assassination. She remained a reporter until the 1980s and has written several papers and two books on the assassination. She was certain of a cover-up from 1963 on. When working in Washington, D.C. in 1968, she was a volunteer in Bobby Kennedy's campaign for President until he was assassinated. TOPIC: November 22, 1963, The Dallas reporter's experiences included Dr. Malcolm Perry's statement that the neck wound was an entrance wound, and a coverup of the statement by the FBI.

HERE IS AN EMAIL DATED 5/11/11 FROM CONNIE KRITZBERG TO ROBERT MORROW:

"The information given you by Rob Morrow was true. I had been promoted from obituary writer to “Home Editor” but was called back to cityside to work in a rewrite slot covering the President’s visit. I interviewed Drs. Kemp Clark and Malcolm Perry, then wrote the “Neck Wounds” story. As I assume you know, reporters don’t write the headlines. Earlier in the afternoon, soon after the assassination, I had interviewed Mary Moorman and Jean Hill, and written their story. My last work on cityside that day was an on-the-street “mood” story.

I had the weekend off because of my main assignment to the women’s section. Saturday was the first day I saw wounds story. I was at home, and was startled by addition of one sentence: “A doctor admitted that it was possible there was only one wound.”

I immediately called the city desk, believe the editor I talked to was Tom LaPere, Asst Editor. It was quiet—I asked, “Who added that sentence to my story?” He answered quickly, “The FBI.”

I think I said something like, “OK.”

I am 79 years old, have slightly slurred speech, but brain still working.

Connie Watson Kritzberg"

Edited by Robert Morrow

Guest Robert Morrow

I suggest that JFK researchers copy this post to their computers because this copy of the 11/23/63 story in the Dallas Times Herald by Connie Kritzberg does not appear anywhere else on the internet.

I just copied (typos and all) the article "Neck Wounds Bring Death to President" for your/our/the public's benefit.

I regularly speak with Connie Kritzberg (age 79 currently in 2011). Connie's mind at age 79 is as sharp as a tack. If you want Connie Kritzberg's phone number just give me a call or email me at Morrow321@aol.com.)

Connie has told me she finished writing her story about 3:30-3:45 PM on Friday, 11/22/63. The Parkland doctors had called the Dallas Times Herald after they had given interviews to all the other media. They were trying to cover their bases in getting the information out.

Connie says she left her office that night around 8:45PM - 9PM at night. It was after this time the FBI inserted a sentence into her article. A key, critical sentence that supports the lone nutter theory.

The story of Dallas Times Herald reporter Connie Kritzberg is not well known, yet it is of blockbuster significance because it is a clear example of the FBI more concerned with promoting lone nutter propaganda than investigating the truth of the JFK assassination. I think this is evidence that J. Edgar Hoover had foreknowledge of the JFK assassination and had an FBI team in place ready to cover up the crime and non-investigate. Because of the closeness of Hoover and Lyndon Johnson and the Texas oil barons, it is just another reason I think all those parties were involved in the JFK assassation (think Clint Murchison,Sr. and H.L. Hunt).

The FBI was covering up the JFK assassination immediately, pushing the lone nutter theory – even editing an article in the Dallas Times Herald 11/23/63

FBI adds sentence: “A doctor admitted that it was possible there was only one wound.” to an article “Neck Wounds Bring Death to President” by Connie Kritzberg. Connie did NOT write that sentence; she wroted the turned in the article to her editor at the Dallas Times Herald about 3:45 PM on 11/22/63. Her article included the typos “gangential” for “tangential.” She called her editor on Saturday morning about noon on 11/23/63 and asked immediately WHO put that sentence in which Connie did NOT write; her editor immediately replied: “The FBI.” This, of course, is of blockbuster significance because it shows the FBI in the immediate hours after the JFK assassination MORE concerned with pushing lone nutter propaganda than finding out WHO killed John Kennedy; and that points to FBI participation or foreknowledge in the JFK assassination.

Dallas Times Herald 11/23/63 (it was an afternoon paper) (typos are included “gangential” instead of “tangential”)

Wounds in the lower front portion of the neck and right rear side of the head ended the life of President John F. Kennedy, say doctors at Parkland Hospital.

Whether there were one or two wounds was not decided.

The front neck hole was described as an entrance wound. The wound at the back of the head, while the principal one, was either an exit or gangential entrance wound. A doctor admitted that it was possible there was only one wound.

[My note – “A doctor admitted” is the sentence that the FBI added to the story as per the account of Connie Kritzberg who actually wrote this story. The next day 11/23 Kritzberg called her editor about noon and before Connie could even finish her question "Who added that sentence to MY story?" the editor blurted out that the FBI added this sentence which supports the lone nutter theory.]

Dr. Kemp Clark, 38, chief of neurosurgery and Dr. Malcolm Perry, 34, described the President’s wounds. Dr. Clark, asked how long the President lived in the hospital, replied, “I would guess 40 minutes but I was too busy to look at my watch.”

Dr. Clark said the President’s principal wound was on the right rear side of the head.

“As to the exact time of death we elected to make it – we pronounced it at 13:00. I was busy with the head wound.”

Dr. Perry was busy with the wound in the President’s neck. “It was a midline in the lower portion of his neck in front.”

Asked if it was just below the Adam’s apple, he said “Yes. Below the Adam’s apple.”

“There were two wounds. Whether they were directly related I do not know. It was an entrance wound in the neck.”

The doctors were asked whether one bullet could have made both wounds or whether there were two bullets.

Dr. Clark replied, “The head wound could have been either an exit or a gangential entrance wound.”

The neurosurgeon described the back of the head wound as:

“A large gaping wound with considerable loss of tissue.”

Dr. Perry added, “It is conceivable it was one wound, but there was no way for me to tell. It did however appear to be the entrance wound at the front of the throat.”

“There was considerable bleeding. The services of the blood bank were sent for and obtained Blood was used.”

The last rites were performed in “Emergency Operating Room No. 1.

There were at least eight or 10 physicians in attendance at the time the President succumbed. Dr. Clark said there was no possibility of saving the President’s life.

The press pool man said that when he saw Mrs. Kennedy she still had on her pink suit and that the hose of her left leg were saturated with blood. In the emergency room, Mrs. Kennedy, Vice Pres. Johnson and Mrs. Johnson grasped hands in deep emotion.

Edited by Robert Morrow

HERE IS ONE OF THE first report articles compiled by Michael Parks...fyi alt.conspiracy.jfk on Aug. 22,'96 =by bhart@cyberramp.net (Michael Parks) =3D his comments remain ]] == FIRST REPORTS OUT OF DALLAS TAKEN FROM THE DALLAS TIMES HERALD, =11/24/63 ...as police prepared to transfer Oswald...to the county jail =on Sunday, they indicated there was little hope at that point of =obtaining a confession of the President's murder. Another employee of =the firm (TSBD) was interviewed at length Saturday after appearing =voluntarily. Capt. W.P. Gannaway of the Police Department's Special =Services Bureau said this man's name has been in the subversive files of =the department since 1955. He was not jailed and police said he was not =arrested. =------------------------------------------------------------------- 2. =FIRST REPORTS OUT OF DALLAS TAKEN FROM THE DALLAS TIMES HERALD, 11/23/63 =Officer Tippit was shot TWICE by the fleeing man - who police said was =Oswald - and who was arrested within less than an hour in an Oak Cliff =theater. In the BACK of the President's head was a gaping hole in some =respects simular to the head wound Lincoln suffered in the Ford Theater. =Another bullet hole was in President Kennedy's neck, just below the =adam's apple. When Dr. Clark first looked at the stricken President, he =saw "a large gaping wound in the back of the head. There was loss of =tissue." He indicated that he knew at that instant there was no hope. =Wounds in the lower front portion of the neck and the right rear side of =the head ended the life of President John F. Kennedy, say doctors at =Parkland Hospital. Dr. Perry was busy with the wound in the President's =neck. "It was a midline in the lower portion of the neck in the =front.....Below the Adam's apple.....It was an entrance wound in the =neck." Back at Parkland, two unidentified plainclothes officers were =asking to be taken to Gov. Connally's room so they could recover the =bullet slug. (SAY WHAT???!!! M.P.) Sheriff Decker's voice came on. ="Notify my office to empty. Send everybody...." (This statement was not =completed in this paper. M.P.) At 2:30 P.M., police announced their =search of the Texas Book Depository Building was finished. Famed surgeon =Dr. Robert R. Shaw, who previously had performed the first chest and =heart surgery in Afghanistan, was the chief surgeon on Govt. Connally's =case. ------------------------------------------------------------------ =4. FIRST REPORTS OUT OF DALLAS TAKEN FROM THE DALLAS MORNING NEWS, =11/25/63 The Justice Department announced in Washington that Assistant =Atty. Gen. Jack Miller Jr., who heads its criminal division, was flying =to Dallas to confer with U.S. District Attorney Barefoot Sanders. A =spoksman refused to say whether the federal government considered the =assassination case closed or whether there was a possibility others were =involved. (This was found in the Early City or 3 star Edition. This note =was dropped in all later editions of the paper. M.P.) Sheriff Bill =Decker said officers "did everything humanly possible" to protect both =President Kennedy and the man accused of assassinating him. "I don't =think it would make a bit of difference if Oswald had been transferred =at night," Decker said. "If someone is determined to commit murder, it's =almost impossible to stop him." Officers said Rubenstein apparently =mingled with reporters and photographers and, in this way, got a chance =to shoot Oswald. Wade recalled he saw Rubenstein with reporters Friday =night when they interviewed Oswald briefly. Rubenstein, who introduced =himself to Wade, may have been plotting the slaying at that time. (This =was found in the Early City or 3 star Edition. It was dropped in later =editions of this paper. M.P.) Rubenstein, who was described as a man =with a quick temper, is expected to plead temporary insanity. (Again, =this was found in the Early City or 3 star Edition and was dropped in =later editions. M.P.) In a telephone conversation with Homicide Capt. =Will Fritz, Mrs. (Eva) Grant (Ruby's sister) said: "You know that no one =else could have gotten in that building - but all the boys (policemen) =knew Jack." Dallas detectives found two large wads of bills and silver =when they searched his (Ruby's) apartment Sunday afternoon. One was in a =closet and the other was found in a chest drawer. The amount was not =disclosed. In an article written for the Associated Press by Dallas =policeman M.N. McDonald and printed in this paper, he states: "I was =cruising towards Oak Cliff, across the river (Trinity that splits Dallas =almost in half). I got a call about 1:30 p.m. The radio dispatcher, G.D. =Henslee, first told me to check the alleys. The next tip was that a guy =that fitted the description they were giving was in a branch library out =in Oak Cliff. This didn't take long to be a phoney. The next one said a =man acting funny was holed up in the balcony of the Texas Theater. I =headed that way in a hurry. The cashier at the picture show was the one =who called in to say this guy was acting supicious and hidden out in the =balcony." Hugh Aynesworth did a large article about Ruby killing Oswald. =In later editions of this paper, the following quotes were added to his =article: "Chief Curry noted he could have moved Oswald secretly 'in the =dark of night,' but had promised reporters and photographers from =throughout the free world that he would make the transfer during the =day." "Police took precautions against any incident. Six armed policemen =surrounded the cart and attendants as it was moved to the green =ambulance." "One reporter said he heard the slayer add, "I did it for =Jackie so she wouldn't have to go through all that...coming back here =for the trial and everything." "But in Evansville, Ind., entertainer =Bill Demar told the Associated Press he is positive Oswald was a patron =in Rubenstein's night club nine days ago. Demar, who has a memory act, =said Oswald was amoung those who called out an object for him to =remember." =------------------------------------------------------------------ 3. =FIRST REPORTS OUT OF DALLAS TAKEN FROM THE DALLAS TIMES HERALD, 11/22/63 =The motorcade had just turned into Houston Street from Main Street when =a shot rang out. Pigeons flew up from the street. Then, two more shots =rang out and Mr. Kennedy fell to the floor of the car. The shots seemed =to come from the extension of Elm Street from just beyond the Texas =Textbook Depository building at the corner of Elm and Houston Streets. =Sgt. G.D. Henley, police dispatcher, directed ALL available police units =to the downtown area near the western edge of downtown Dallas. Witnesses =said six or seven shots were fired. The BURSTS were clearly heard. =Reporters about five car lengths behind the chief executive heard what =sounded like three BURSTS of gunfire. Fire equipment was rushed to the =building from which the shots were believed to have been fired. Firemen =roped off the area as SECRET SERVICE men (?) and city police swarmed =through the building. Partolman W.E. Barker saw workers in the Texas =School Book Depository pecking on a window from the third floor and =pointing to a man wearing horn-rimmed glasses, a plaid coat and rain =coat. The officer immediately arrested the man for =questioning......Officers on the case would not explain what connection =the man might have with the shooting nor would they identify him. =------------------------------------------------------------------ 5. =FIRST REPORTS OUT OF DALLAS TAKEN FROM THE DALLAS MORNING NEWS, 11/23/63 =The President died in a sixth-floor surgery room at Parkland Hospital at =1 p.m., about 40 minutes after the assassin had sent a Mauser 7.62 =bullet smashing into his head....(** or two star edition paper). The =President died in a sixth floor surgery room at Parkland Hospital at 1 =p.m., about 40 minutes after the assassin had sent a Mauser 6.5 rifle =bullet smashing into his head...(*** or three star edition paper). The =assassin, firing from the sixth floor of the Texas School Book =Depository Building near the Triple Underpass sent a Mauser 6.5 rifle =bullet smashing into the President's head...(**** or four star edition =paper). He (the assassin) fired at least three carefully measured shots =into the car. (**) The original plans for President Kennedy's visit =called for a fast ride from Dallas Love Field to a Trade Mart luncheon. =Then Democratic leaders urged the President to ride in motorcade through =Fort Worth and Dallas to give more voters a chance to see him. Jack C. =Cason, president of the depository, said the sixth floor was used soley =as a "dead storage" area. It was stacked about eight feet high with =books. Cason, who left the scene about 30 minutes before the president's =caravan rode down Main Street, said the firm often had difficulty =finding employes who had fallen asleep amidst the stacks of books. ="Somethimes it will be three or four days without anybody going up to =the sixth floor to get anything," Cason said. He said the "dead storage" =area was used to keep books already stocked in the basement and on the =second and fourth floors. Only when they ran out of copies there does =anybody generally go to the sixth floor. Cason said the killer was =apparently "well aware" of the building's layout because there was no =elevator that goes up to the sixth floor from the front entrance. He =would have had to get off the elevator on the fourth floor, walk to the =back of the building and get the stairs or one of the two freight =elevators on the sixth. They (the local police) arrested several =persons, amoung them a Fort Worth man who was said to be driving a car =linked with the slayer. Dealey Plaza and assassination witness Mary E. =Woodward stated: "...After acknowledging our cheers, he (JFK) faced =forward again and suddenly there was a horrible, ear-shattering noise =coming from behind us and a little to the right. My first reaction, and =also my friends', (Maggie Brown, Aurelia Alonzo and Ann Donaldson) was =that it was a joke, someone had backfired their car. Apparently the =driver and occupants of the President's car had the same impression, =because instead of speeding up, the car came almost to a halt. Things =are a little hazy from this point, but I don't believe anyone was hit =with the first bullet. The President and Mrs. Kennedy turned and looked =around, as if they, too, didn't believe the noise was really coming from =a gun. Then after a moment's pause there was another shot and I saw the =President start slumping in the car. This was followed rapidly by =another shot. Mrs. Kennedy stood up in the car, turned half-way around, =then fell on top of her husband's body.....Next to us were two Negro =women. One collapsed in the other's arms, weeping and uttering what =everyone was thinking: 'THEY shot him'." "THEY'VE shot him...THEY'VE =shot the President," screamed a middle-aged man holding the hand of a =small boy. Dozens of people thought the reports from the killer's muzzle =were just firecrackers. A FEW pointed towards the textbook building. BUT =MOST ran to the west side of the building thinking the shots came from =behind the bushes and a fence dividing the street from a railroad yard. =Deputy Police Chief George Lumpkin used scores of firemen and policemen =in a systematic search of the building. An officer entered and told the =lawmen that a policeman, J.D. Tippit, had just been killed. No details. =An employe of the textbook firm walked up: "I don't know if you're =interested in this...but one of the fellows who works here is gone. =Can't find him anywhere." Mrs. John Connally told the governor's =administrative aide Julian Read Friday she believes the assassin's first =bullet struck President Kennedy." =------------------------------------------------------------------ 6. =FIRST REPORTS OUT OF DALLAS TAKEN FROM THE FORT WORTH STAR TELEGRAM, =11/24/63 A paraffin test showed positive results on both the hands and =cheek of the 24-year-old ex-Marine. This, officers said, showed that the =man had fired a gun, probably a rifle. Joe Rodriguez Molina, a co-worker =of Oswald's, was given a lie detector test and was being questioned. His =home was also searched. As evidence mounted Saturday night, information =from a Dallas couple placed Oswald at the intersection of the building =used by the assassin a short time after the fatal shots were fired. Leon =Stanfield and his wife, Diane, who had heard an early radio report of =the shooting, told police they stopped their car for a red light at the =intersection and asked a young man they later identified as Oswald: "Is =the President dead?" Mrs. Stanfield said the man replied, "No, he's =going to wait and let us hang him." Oswald was on the Federal Bureau of =Investigation's list as a suspected subversive. Police here said the FBI =knew Oswald was in Dallas working in a building that fronted the =President's motorcade route. A spokesman for the FBI in Washington, =however, denied Saturday that the FBI had questioned Oswald or had him =under surveillance at any time in recent months. =------------------------------------------------------------------ 7. =FIRST REPORTS OUT OF DALLAS TAKEN FROM THE DALLAS MORNING NEWS, 11/24/63 =A fingerprint expert has obtained evidence which allegegdly links Lee =Harvey Oswald with the assassination of President Kennedy. (No name to =this expert or what the fingerprint was found on. M.P.) "We've got a =print that matches Oswald's," one investigator said. (Again, no name or =location of where this print was found. M.P.) They (investigators) said =that three spent shells found near the officer's body (Tippit) matched =those in the revolver which Oswald carried in the near-by Texas Theater. =Fritz said a bus transfer slip confirms Oswald's admission that he drove =from the area where President Kennedy was shot to Oak Cliff, where =Officer Tippit was slain, in a bus and a taxi. (There had been VARIOUS =reports that a man fitting Oswald's discription was seen entering a =station wagon.) "The witness said Tippit pulled his car over to the curb =and there was a conversation between Tippit and the murderer," Wade =said. "Tippit got out of his car and started towards the murderer who =pulled his pistol and fired three shots into Tippit's body. He then =ejected the cartridge hulls, reloaded his revolver and fled." The Texas =School Book Depository is privately owned by Jack C. Cason and O.V. =Truly. Oswald was classified as a part-time employe - a handy man - and =earned $1.25 a hour, Cason said. Truly (R.S., the superintendent of the =TSBD) said he saw Oswald about the building Friday prior to the shooting =and said there was "no indication of nerviousness." The next time he saw =Oswald was right after the shooting when he and a Dallas policeman =started a check of the building. "The policeman threw a gun into =Oswald's stomach and asked me if Oswald belonged there. I told him 'yes' =and we both went on up the stairs for a check on the other floors. =Oswald looked a bit startled - just as you or I would if someone =suddenly threw a gun on you - but he didn't appear too nervious nor =panicky." Truly aid he placed "no significance" on Oswald's presence =there "until later when we found him missing and I reported it." The =building was built in 1903 and is owned by the D. Harold Byrd =Associates. The school depository firm moved in in 1960 and took a 15 =year-lease. It was previously occupied by a wholesale grocery firm. =Cason said they remodled most of the building, except the sixth floor =where Oswald allegedly stalked his victim. On the first floor is the =general shipping area and the second is the company's administrative =offices. The third and fourth floors are occupied by publishers' =manufacturing representatives. The fifth floor and basement are used for =filling book orders. Cason said the sixth floor is seldom used. He said =an employe might go up there two or three times a week. There are two =freight elevators that go to the sixth floor, but a passenger elevator =only reaches the fourth floor. Lee Harvey Oswald, charged with murdering =President Kennedy, was interviewed by the FBI here six days before the =Friday assassination. But word of the interview with the former defector =to Russia was not conveyed to the U.S. Secret Service and Dallas police, =reliable soures told The Dallas Morning News Saturday. However, in =Washington, a spokesman for the FBI said it was "incorrect" that the FBI =had questioned Oswald or had him under surveillance at any time in =resent months, the Associated Press reported. The interview reportedly =was held Nov. 16 - at a time when the Secret Service and police =officials were coordinating security plans for the President's ill-fated =Dallas visit. These sources said the Oswald interview added more data to =an already "thick file" the FBI has on the 24-year old avowed Marxist =who defected to Russia in 1959 and returned in 1962. In retracting his =earlier statement about the FBI interview, Curry told gathered =reporters: "I do not want to accuse the FBI of withholding information. =They have no obligation to help us." In an article printed in the Early =City Edition from the North American Newspaper Alliance, written by =Priscilla Johnson on her interview with Oswald in Moscow, she states: ="He had no friends in Russia and he didn't speak a word of the =language." =------------------------------------------------------------------ 8. =FIRST REPORTS OUT OF DALLAS TAKEN FROM THE DALLAS MORNING NEWS, 11/28/63 =Here are more tidbits from an article Oswald Planned to Ride by Scene, =taken from the Dallas Morning News, 11/28/63. Again, the earliest =reports are the most accurate. All EMPHASES are my own. (Up till now =this story tells of Oswald's escape from the TSBD, the Tippit killing =and him fleeing from the scene. I pick it up at this point. M.P.) Oswald =was reported in a used furniture store that occupies a tall, =weather-beaten green frame building at 413 E. Jefferson. About the same =time, spectators at a service station further west up the street saw him =run into a vacant lot, where police say the killer discarded his newly =acquired jacket and three pistol shells. (This makes ya wonder just how =many shell where found. If three were found here and the Davis sisters =found two and so did Benavides, that makes Oswald carrying a =seven-shooter. M.P.) Then followed a chase in and out of alleyways in =the Jefferson - Beckley - Cumberland - Zang area. About 1:45 p.m. Julie =Postal, cashier at the Texas Theater at 231 W. Jefferson saw a hurrying =stranger rush past her into the theater. TO THIS DAY, SHE CAN'T RECALL =WHETHER OR NOT HE BOUGHT A TICKET. "I was so upset listening to the =radio about the President and all," she said. (Brewer rushed up, Postal =called the police and the story continues): The cashier immediately =called police - who had just sped en masse to a false alarm at the =Dallas Library branch on Jefferson, further to the east. The police =sirens wailed again. Oddly enough, it was at th ------=_NextPart_000_002E_01C7AAFF.20C0FF10Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1"Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"><HTML><HEAD><META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =charset=3Diso-8859-1"><BASE=20href=3Dhttp://spot.acorn.net/jfkplace/08-Parks-36-items/first.reports><META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2900.3086" name=3DGENERATOR><STYLE></STYLE></HEAD><BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff><DIV> </DIV>[[ the following series was posted on =alt.conspiracy.jfk on=20Aug. 22,'96 by bhart@cyberramp.net (Michael Parks) =3D his comments =remain ]]=20=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D==3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D==3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D==20------------ First Reports out of Dallas, November 1963 ------------- 1. =FIRST=20REPORTS OUT OF DALLAS TAKEN FROM THE DALLAS TIMES HERALD, 11/24/63 ...as =police=20prepared to transfer Oswald...to the county jail on Sunday, they =indicated there=20was little hope at that point of obtaining a confession of the =President's=20murder. Another employee of the firm (TSBD) was interviewed at length =Saturday=20after appearing voluntarily. Capt. W.P. Gannaway of the Police =Department's=20Special Services Bureau said this man's name has been in the subversive =files of=20the department since 1955. He was not jailed and police said he was not=20arrested. =------------------------------------------------------------------- 2.=20FIRST REPORTS OUT OF DALLAS TAKEN FROM THE DALLAS TIMES HERALD, 11/23/63 =Officer=20Tippit was shot TWICE by the fleeing man - who police said was Oswald - =and who=20was arrested within less than an hour in an Oak Cliff theater. In the =BACK of=20the President's head was a gaping hole in some respects simular to the =head=20wound Lincoln suffered in the Ford Theater. Another bullet hole was in =President=20Kennedy's neck, just below the adam's apple. When Dr. Clark first looked =at the=20stricken President, he saw "a large gaping wound in the back of the =head. There=20was loss of tissue." He indicated that he knew at that instant there was =no=20hope. Wounds in the lower front portion of the neck and the right rear =side of=20the head ended the life of President John F. Kennedy, say doctors at =Parkland=20Hospital. Dr. Perry was busy with the wound in the President's neck. "It =was a=20midline in the lower portion of the neck in the front.....Below the =Adam's=20apple.....It was an entrance wound in the neck." Back at Parkland, two=20unidentified plainclothes officers were asking to be taken to Gov. =Connally's=20room so they could recover the bullet slug. (SAY WHAT???!!! M.P.) =Sheriff=20Decker's voice came on. "Notify my office to empty. Send everybody...." =(This=20statement was not completed in this paper. M.P.) At 2:30 P.M., police =announced=20their search of the Texas Book Depository Building was finished. Famed =surgeon=20Dr. Robert R. Shaw, who previously had performed the first chest and =heart=20surgery in Afghanistan, was the chief surgeon on Govt. Connally's case.=20------------------------------------------------------------------ 4. =FIRST=20REPORTS OUT OF DALLAS TAKEN FROM THE DALLAS MORNING NEWS, 11/25/63 The =Justice=20Department announced in Washington that Assistant Atty. Gen. Jack Miller =Jr.,=20who heads its criminal division, was flying to Dallas to confer with =U.S.=20District Attorney Barefoot Sanders. A spoksman refused to say whether =the=20federal government considered the assassination case closed or whether =there was=20a possibility others were involved. (This was found in the Early City or =3 star=20Edition. This note was dropped in all later editions of the paper. M.P.) =Sheriff=20Bill Decker said officers "did everything humanly possible" to protect =both=20President Kennedy and the man accused of assassinating him. "I don't =think it=20would make a bit of difference if Oswald had been transferred at night," =Decker=20said. "If someone is determined to commit murder, it's almost impossible =to stop=20him." Officers said Rubenstein apparently mingled with reporters and=20photographers and, in this way, got a chance to shoot Oswald. Wade =recalled he=20saw Rubenstein with reporters Friday night when they interviewed Oswald =briefly.=20Rubenstein, who introduced himself to Wade, may have been plotting the =slaying=20at that time. (This was found in the Early City or 3 star Edition. It =was=20dropped in later editions of this paper. M.P.) Rubenstein, who was =described as=20a man with a quick temper, is expected to plead temporary insanity. =(Again, this=20was found in the Early City or 3 star Edition and was dropped in later =editions.=20M.P.) In a telephone conversation with Homicide Capt. Will Fritz, Mrs. =(Eva)=20Grant (Ruby's sister) said: "You know that no one else could have gotten =in that=20building - but all the boys (policemen) knew Jack." Dallas detectives =found two=20large wads of bills and silver when they searched his (Ruby's) apartment =Sunday=20afternoon. One was in a closet and the other was found in a chest =drawer. The=20amount was not disclosed. In an article written for the Associated Press =by=20Dallas policeman M.N. McDonald and printed in this paper, he states: "I =was=20cruising towards Oak Cliff, across the river (Trinity that splits Dallas =almost=20in half). I got a call about 1:30 p.m. The radio dispatcher, G.D. =Henslee, first=20told me to check the alleys. The next tip was that a guy that fitted the =description they were giving was in a branch library out in Oak Cliff. =This=20didn't take long to be a phoney. The next one said a man acting funny =was holed=20up in the balcony of the Texas Theater. I headed that way in a hurry. =The=20cashier at the picture show was the one who called in to say this guy =was acting=20supicious and hidden out in the balcony." Hugh Aynesworth did a large =article=20about Ruby killing Oswald. In later editions of this paper, the =following quotes=20were added to his article: "Chief Curry noted he could have moved Oswald =secretly 'in the dark of night,' but had promised reporters and =photographers=20from throughout the free world that he would make the transfer during =the day."=20"Police took precautions against any incident. Six armed policemen =surrounded=20the cart and attendants as it was moved to the green ambulance." "One =reporter=20said he heard the slayer add, "I did it for Jackie so she wouldn't have =to go=20through all that...coming back here for the trial and everything." "But =in=20Evansville, Ind., entertainer Bill Demar told the Associated Press he is =positive Oswald was a patron in Rubenstein's night club nine days ago. =Demar,=20who has a memory act, said Oswald was amoung those who called out an =object for=20him to remember."=20------------------------------------------------------------------ 3. =FIRST=20REPORTS OUT OF DALLAS TAKEN FROM THE DALLAS TIMES HERALD, 11/22/63 The =motorcade=20had just turned into Houston Street from Main Street when a shot rang =out.=20Pigeons flew up from the street. Then, two more shots rang out and Mr. =Kennedy=20fell to the floor of the car. The shots seemed to come from the =extension of Elm=20Street from just beyond the Texas Textbook Depository building at the =corner of=20Elm and Houston Streets. Sgt. G.D. Henley, police dispatcher, directed =ALL=20available police units to the downtown area near the western edge of =downtown=20Dallas. Witnesses said six or seven shots were fired. The BURSTS were =clearly=20heard. Reporters about five car lengths behind the chief executive heard =what=20sounded like three BURSTS of gunfire. Fire equipment was rushed to the =building=20from which the shots were believed to have been fired. Firemen roped off =the=20area as SECRET SERVICE men (?) and city police swarmed through the =building.=20Partolman W.E. Barker saw workers in the Texas School Book Depository =pecking on=20a window from the third floor and pointing to a man wearing horn-rimmed =glasses,=20a plaid coat and rain coat. The officer immediately arrested the man for =questioning......Officers on the case would not explain what connection =the man=20might have with the shooting nor would they identify him.=20------------------------------------------------------------------ 5. =FIRST=20REPORTS OUT OF DALLAS TAKEN FROM THE DALLAS MORNING NEWS, 11/23/63 The =President=20died in a sixth-floor surgery room at Parkland Hospital at 1 p.m., about =40=20minutes after the assassin had sent a Mauser 7.62 bullet smashing into =his=20head....(** or two star edition paper). The President died in a sixth =floor=20surgery room at Parkland Hospital at 1 p.m., about 40 minutes after the =assassin=20had sent a Mauser 6.5 rifle bullet smashing into his head...(*** or =three star=20edition paper). The assassin, firing from the sixth floor of the Texas =School=20Book Depository Building near the Triple Underpass sent a Mauser 6.5 =rifle=20bullet smashing into the President's head...(**** or four star edition =paper).=20He (the assassin) fired at least three carefully measured shots into the =car.=20(**) The original plans for President Kennedy's visit called for a fast =ride=20from Dallas Love Field to a Trade Mart luncheon. Then Democratic leaders =urged=20the President to ride in motorcade through Fort Worth and Dallas to give =more=20voters a chance to see him. Jack C. Cason, president of the depository, =said the=20sixth floor was used soley as a "dead storage" area. It was stacked =about eight=20feet high with books. Cason, who left the scene about 30 minutes before =the=20president's caravan rode down Main Street, said the firm often had =difficulty=20finding employes who had fallen asleep amidst the stacks of books. ="Somethimes=20it will be three or four days without anybody going up to the sixth =floor to get=20anything," Cason said. He said the "dead storage" area was used to keep =books=20already stocked in the basement and on the second and fourth floors. =Only when=20they ran out of copies there does anybody generally go to the sixth =floor. Cason=20said the killer was apparently "well aware" of the building's layout =because=20there was no elevator that goes up to the sixth floor from the front =entrance.=20He would have had to get off the elevator on the fourth floor, walk to =the back=20of the building and get the stairs or one of the two freight elevators =on the=20sixth. They (the local police) arrested several persons, amoung them a =Fort=20Worth man who was said to be driving a car linked with the slayer. =Dealey Plaza=20and assassination witness Mary E. Woodward stated: "...After =acknowledging our=20cheers, he (JFK) faced forward again and suddenly there was a horrible,=20ear-shattering noise coming from behind us and a little to the right. My =first=20reaction, and also my friends', (Maggie Brown, Aurelia Alonzo and Ann =Donaldson)=20was that it was a joke, someone had backfired their car. Apparently the =driver=20and occupants of the President's car had the same impression, because =instead of=20speeding up, the car came almost to a halt. Things are a little hazy =from this=20point, but I don't believe anyone was hit with the first bullet. The =President=20and Mrs. Kennedy turned and looked around, as if they, too, didn't =believe the=20noise was really coming from a gun. Then after a moment's pause there =was=20another shot and I saw the President start slumping in the car. This was =followed rapidly by another shot. Mrs. Kennedy stood up in the car, =turned=20half-way around, then fell on top of her husband's body.....Next to us =were two=20Negro women. One collapsed in the other's arms, weeping and uttering =what=20everyone was thinking: 'THEY shot him'." "THEY'VE shot him...THEY'VE =shot the=20President," screamed a middle-aged man holding the hand of a small boy. =Dozens=20of people thought the reports from the killer's muzzle were just =firecrackers. A=20FEW pointed towards the textbook building. BUT MOST ran to the west side =of the=20building thinking the shots came from behind the bushes and a fence =dividing the=20street from a railroad yard. Deputy Police Chief George Lumpkin used =scores of=20firemen and policemen in a systematic search of the building. An officer =entered=20and told the lawmen that a policeman, J.D. Tippit, had just been killed. =No=20details. An employe of the textbook firm walked up: "I don't know if =you're=20interested in this...but one of the fellows who works here is gone. =Can't find=20him anywhere." Mrs. John Connally told the governor's administrative =aide Julian=20Read Friday she believes the assassin's first bullet struck President =Kennedy."=20------------------------------------------------------------------ 6. =FIRST=20REPORTS OUT OF DALLAS TAKEN FROM THE FORT WORTH STAR TELEGRAM, 11/24/63 =A=20paraffin test showed positive results on both the hands and cheek of the =24-year-old ex-Marine. This, officers said, showed that the man had =fired a gun,=20probably a rifle. Joe Rodriguez Molina, a co-worker of Oswald's, was =given a lie=20detector test and was being questioned. His home was also searched. As =evidence=20mounted Saturday night, information from a Dallas couple placed Oswald =at the=20intersection of the building used by the assassin a short time after the =fatal=20shots were fired. Leon Stanfield and his wife, Diane, who had heard an =early=20radio report of the shooting, told police they stopped their car for a =red light=20at the intersection and asked a young man they later identified as =Oswald: "Is=20the President dead?" Mrs. Stanfield said the man replied, "No, he's =going to=20wait and let us hang him." Oswald was on the Federal Bureau of =Investigation's=20list as a suspected subversive. Police here said the FBI knew Oswald was =in=20Dallas working in a building that fronted the President's motorcade =route. A=20spokesman for the FBI in Washington, however, denied Saturday that the =FBI had=20questioned Oswald or had him under surveillance at any time in recent =months.=20------------------------------------------------------------------ 7. =FIRST=20REPORTS OUT OF DALLAS TAKEN FROM THE DALLAS MORNING NEWS, 11/24/63 A =fingerprint=20expert has obtained evidence which allegegdly links Lee Harvey Oswald =with the=20assassination of President Kennedy. (No name to this expert or what the=20fingerprint was found on. M.P.) "We've got a print that matches =Oswald's," one=20investigator said. (Again, no name or location of where this print was =found.=20M.P.) They (investigators) said that three spent shells found near the =officer's=20body (Tippit) matched those in the revolver which Oswald carried in the =near-by=20Texas Theater. Fritz said a bus transfer slip confirms Oswald's =admission that=20he drove from the area where President Kennedy was shot to Oak Cliff, =where=20Officer Tippit was slain, in a bus and a taxi. (There had been VARIOUS =reports=20that a man fitting Oswald's discription was seen entering a station =wagon.) "The=20witness said Tippit pulled his car over to the curb and there was a =conversation=20between Tippit and the murderer," Wade said. "Tippit got out of his car =and=20started towards the murderer who pulled his pistol and fired three shots =into=20Tippit's body. He then ejected the cartridge hulls, reloaded his =revolver and=20fled." The Texas School Book Depository is privately owned by Jack C. =Cason and=20O.V. Truly. Oswald was classified as a part-time employe - a handy man - =and=20earned $1.25 a hour, Cason said. Truly (R.S., the superintendent of the =TSBD)=20said he saw Oswald about the building Friday prior to the shooting and =said=20there was "no indication of nerviousness." The next time he saw Oswald =was right=20after the shooting when he and a Dallas policeman started a check of the =building. "The policeman threw a gun into Oswald's stomach and asked me =if=20Oswald belonged there. I told him 'yes' and we both went on up the =stairs for a=20check on the other floors. Oswald looked a bit startled - just as you or =I would=20if someone suddenly threw a gun on you - but he didn't appear too =nervious nor=20panicky." Truly aid he placed "no significance" on Oswald's presence =there=20"until later when we found him missing and I reported it." The building =was=20built in 1903 and is owned by the D. Harold Byrd Associates. The school=20depository firm moved in in 1960 and took a 15 year-lease. It was =previously=20occupied by a wholesale grocery firm. Cason said they remodled most of =the=20building, except the sixth floor where Oswald allegedly stalked his =victim. On=20the first floor is the general shipping area and the second is the =company's=20administrative offices. The third and fourth floors are occupied by =publishers'=20manufacturing representatives. The fifth floor and basement are used for =filling=20book orders. Cason said the sixth floor is seldom used. He said an =employe might=20go up there two or three times a week. There are two freight elevators =that go=20to the sixth floor, but a passenger elevator only reaches the fourth =floor. Lee=20Harvey Oswald, charged with murdering President Kennedy, was interviewed =by the=20FBI here six days before the Friday assassination. But word of the =interview=20with the former defector to Russia was not conveyed to the U.S. Secret =Service=20and Dallas police, reliable soures told The Dallas Morning News =Saturday.=20However, in Washington, a spokesman for the FBI said it was "incorrect" =that the=20FBI had questioned Oswald or had him under surveillance at any time in =resent=20months, the Associated Press reported. The interview reportedly was held =Nov. 16=20- at a time when the Secret Service and police officials were =coordinating=20security plans for the President's ill-fated Dallas visit. These sources =said=20the Oswald interview added more data to an already "thick file" the FBI =has on=20the 24-year old avowed Marxist who defected to Russia in 1959 and =returned in=201962. In retracting his earlier statement about the FBI interview, Curry =told=20gathered reporters: "I do not want to accuse the FBI of withholding =information.=20They have no obligation to help us." In an article printed in the Early =City=20Edition from the North American Newspaper Alliance, written by Priscilla =Johnson=20on her interview with Oswald in Moscow, she states: "He had no friends =in Russia=20and he didn't speak a word of the language."=20------------------------------------------------------------------ 8. =FIRST=20REPORTS OUT OF DALLAS TAKEN FROM THE DALLAS MORNING NEWS, 11/28/63 Here =are more=20tidbits from an article Oswald Planned to Ride by Scene, taken from the =Dallas=20Morning News, 11/28/63. Again, the earliest reports are the most =accurate. All=20EMPHASES are my own. (Up till now this story tells of Oswald's escape =from the=20TSBD, the Tippit killing and him fleeing from the scene. I pick it up at =this=20point. M.P.) Oswald was reported in a used furniture store that occupies =a tall,=20weather-beaten green frame building at 413 E. Jefferson. About the same =time,=20spectators at a service station further west up the street saw him run =into a=20vacant lot, where police say the killer discarded his newly acquired =jacket and=20three pistol shells. (This makes ya wonder just how many shell where =found. If=20three were found here and the Davis sisters found two and so did =Benavides, that=20makes Oswald carrying a seven-shooter. M.P.) Then followed a chase in =and out of=20alleyways in the Jefferson - Beckley - Cumberland - Zang area. About =1:45 p.m.=20Julie Postal, cashier at the Texas Theater at 231 W. Jefferson saw a =hurrying=20stranger rush past her into the theater. TO THIS DAY, SHE CAN'T RECALL =WHETHER=20OR NOT HE BOUGHT A TICKET. "I was so upset listening to the radio about =the=20President and all," she said. (Brewer rushed up, Postal called the =police and=20the story continues): The cashier immediately called police - who had =just sped=20en masse to a false alarm at the Dallas Library branch on Jefferson, =further to=20the east. The police sirens wailed again. Oddly enough, it was at th=20</BODY></HTML>------=_NextPart_000_002E_01C7AAFF.20C0FF10--

Edited by Bernice Moore

• 2 years later...

Connie Kritzberg, reporter for the Dallas Times Herald, states that the FBI was editing her news reporting immediately following the JFK assassination, trying to make it appear as if there were just one shooter. Kritzberg's account is highly significant because it is a striking example of the FBI already in high gearon Day One in its cover up of the JFK assassination. The FBI added the sentence "A doctor admitted that it was possible there was only one wound."

Connie Kritzberg, who was a reporter for the Dallas Times Herald at the time of the assassination, had interviewed Dr. Malcolm Perry, who had said the throat wound had been an extrance wound, which would have indicated a shot from the front. When Kritzberg wrote an article about the assassination, she found that the FBI had added a sentence to her article after she turned it in on 11/22/63 to her editors for the 11/23/63 afternoon edition (Dallas Times Herald was the afternoon paper; the Dallas Morning News was the morning paper.) The FBI had added the sentence A DOCTOR ADMITTED THAT IT WAS POSSIBLE THERE WAS ONLY ONE WOUND." to her copy. The FBI did this sometime after 6PM on Friday 11/22 and sometime before the running of the presses on Saturday morning. Midnight 12AM might be a good guess at when an FBI agent added this sentence to her copy.

Kritzberg is a critically important witness and her story is not well known. Larry Hancock knows her well. Connie Kritzberg was a reporter for the Dallas Times Herald; she interviewed the Parkland doctors who actually called her paper late in the afternoon on 12/22/63 after they were done giving interviews to other media.

Connie is age 79 now (2011 year). She has been a JFK researcher herself over the years, knew Madeleine Brown quite well and Connie is in the "LBJ and Clint Murchison, Sr did it camp." Post assassination she went to work for one of the Murchison companies and she will tell you in 1963 - although Clint had had a stroke by then - he was fully able to conduct business (i.e. kill the president). He was not in the disabled shape Joe Kennedy was in.

Kritzberg's story is an EXTREMELY important story. Basically she says that the FBI went to her editors and altered her story (inserting a sentence) to conform to the lone nutter propaganda they were pushing within hours of the assassination. Larry Hancock guesses this might have occurred around midnight, but it could have happened any time from 6PM Friday to perhaps 9AM in the morning.

The title of her story in the paper Dallas Times Herald, dated 11/23/63 was:

"Wounds in the lower front portion of the neck and the right rear side of the head ended the life of President John F. Kennedy, say doctors at Parkland Hospital.

Whether there were one or two wounds was not decided. The front neck hole was described as an entrance wound. The wound at the back of the head, while the principal one, was either an exit or tangentially exit wound. A DOCTOR ADMITTED THAT IT WAS POSSIBLE THERE WAS ONLY ONE WOUND."

The sentence in all capital letters is the sentence the FBI added to her article according to Constance's editors who told her that around noon on Saturday 11/23, when she called in mad about the alteration of her article. She knew she had not written that sentence. She demanded to know WHO did and her editor said it was the FBI.

Connie's book is JFK: Secrets From the Sixth Floor Window, which I highly recommend.

http://www.amazon.com/JFK-Secrets-Sixth-Floor-Window/dp/0963906216

Connie Kritzberg's other book is November Patriots, half of which is her "faction" novel and the other half is Larry Hancock's straight research.

http://www.amazon.com/November-Patriots-Constance-Kritzberg/dp/0966728106/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1305172290&sr=1-1-fkmr0

November Patriots also has a nice chapter at the end written by Madeleine Brown on the Texas Mafia. She recounts how she saw Malcolm Wallace target shooting at the gun range a few days before the JFK assassination.

Connie Kritzberg, author of "Secrets From The Sixth Floor," Kritzberg was a reporter at the "Dallas Times Herald" on November 22, 1963, and interviewed two significant figures in the assassination. She remained a reporter until the 1980s and has written several papers and two books on the assassination. She was certain of a cover-up from 1963 on. When working in Washington, D.C. in 1968, she was a volunteer in Bobby Kennedy's campaign for President until he was assassinated. TOPIC: November 22, 1963, The Dallas reporter's experiences included Dr. Malcolm Perry's statement that the neck wound was an entrance wound, and a coverup of the statement by the FBI.

HERE IS AN EMAIL DATED 5/11/11 FROM CONNIE KRITZBERG TO ROBERT MORROW:

"The information given you by Rob Morrow was true. I had been promoted from obituary writer to “Home Editor” but was called back to cityside to work in a rewrite slot covering the President’s visit. I interviewed Drs. Kemp Clark and Malcolm Perry, then wrote the “Neck Wounds” story. As I assume you know, reporters don’t write the headlines. Earlier in the afternoon, soon after the assassination, I had interviewed Mary Moorman and Jean Hill, and written their story. My last work on cityside that day was an on-the-street “mood” story.

I had the weekend off because of my main assignment to the women’s section. Saturday was the first day I saw wounds story. I was at home, and was startled by addition of one sentence: “A doctor admitted that it was possible there was only one wound.”

I immediately called the city desk, believe the editor I talked to was Tom LaPere, Asst Editor. It was quiet—I asked, “Who added that sentence to my story?” He answered quickly, “The FBI.”

I think I said something like, “OK.”

I am 79 years old, have slightly slurred speech, but brain still working.

Connie Watson Kritzberg"

bump

Guest Robert Morrow

Connie Kritzberg is alive today and living in Moore, OK just outside of Oklahoma City. Her mind is still sharp although her medical problems are holding her back a bit. She can still type with one hand. She and her husband's house missed the epic Category 5 Moore, OK tornado by about 1/2 to 3/4 mile when it when through there this past spring on May 20, 2013.

Connie was very good friends with Madeleine Brown and she is friends with Larry Hancock as well.

Edited by Robert Morrow

• 7 years later...

And of course Connie was my author (well actually I was her researcher, she writes far better than I ever could) in our docufiction November Patriots and later after she had researched exactly how and when her original draft for the story changed, we wrote it up for the third edition of SWHT....she was always a wonderful source of information about that era in Dallas as well as the various people she knew in the news media there.