The Education Forum

Oswald's signatures

Steve Thomas

Handwriting experts claimed that in all times, various documents that bore the signature of Lee Harvey Oswald were signed by the same person.

Below are examples of L.H.O's signatures.

1) Application to the Cosmos Shipping Co., New Orleans dated 8/6/63 WC Exhibit 774 (17H)

2) Affidavit of Support addressed to American Embassy dated 1/17/62 WC Exhibit 775(17H)

3) Application for a New Orleans Public Library Card WC Exhibit 777 (17H)

4) Application to the A.C.L.U. WC Exhibit 783 (17H)

5) Application for P.O. Box 2915 dated 10/9/62 WC Exhibit 792 (17H)

6) Change of Address card for P.O. Box 2915 dated 5/12/63 WC Exhibit 794 (17H)

7) Job application at TSBD 10/15/63

8) Oswald’s passport application 6/24/63 CE 781

post-669-040292600 1316185459_thumb.jpg

It is my belief that these signatures were not made by the same person, but at least one other.

I say that because of how the letter "S" in Oswald was formed. In some cases the "s" was formed by a continuation of the letter "O" and the letter "S" begins at the top left of the letter. In other cases, the letter "S" was formed by the author picking the pen up off the page to begin the letter "S" at the bottom left corner.

I once saw a signature of LHO when he was 16, before he ever got involved with the Marines (but I don't know where that was). In that signature, the letter "S" started in the bottom left corner.

What I haven't done is compare these signatures with dates and times of the "Many Faces of Lee Harvey Oswald" work that Jack White has done to see if those signatures that I believe to be forgeries compare to documents that some consider to be suspect for reasons other than the signature.

Steve Thomas

Handwriting experts claimed that in all times, various documents that bore the signature of Lee Harvey Oswald were signed by the same person.

Below are examples of L.H.O's signatures.

1) Application to the Cosmos Shipping Co., New Orleans dated 8/6/63 WC Exhibit 774 (17H)

2) Affidavit of Support addressed to American Embassy dated 1/17/62 WC Exhibit 775(17H)

3) Application for a New Orleans Public Library Card WC Exhibit 777 (17H)

4) Application to the A.C.L.U. WC Exhibit 783 (17H)

5) Application for P.O. Box 2915 dated 10/9/62 WC Exhibit 792 (17H)

6) Change of Address card for P.O. Box 2915 dated 5/12/63 WC Exhibit 794 (17H)

7) Job application at TSBD 10/15/63

8) Oswald’s passport application 6/24/63 CE 781

post-669-040292600 1316185459_thumb.jpg

It is my belief that these signatures were not made by the same person, but at least one other.

I say that because of how the letter "S" in Oswald was formed. In some cases the "s" was formed by a continuation of the letter "O" and the letter "S" begins at the top left of the letter. In other cases, the letter "S" was formed by the author picking the pen up off the page to begin the letter "S" at the bottom left corner.

I once saw a signature of LHO when he was 16, before he ever got involved with the Marines (but I don't know where that was). In that signature, the letter "S" started in the bottom left corner.

What I haven't done is compare these signatures with dates and times of the "Many Faces of Lee Harvey Oswald" work that Jack White has done to see if those signatures that I believe to be forgeries compare to documents that some consider to be suspect for reasons other than the signature.

Steve Thomas

Steve;

"It is my belief that these signatures were not made by the same person, but at least one other."

Without going into any great detail (which ultimately can not be proven and/or disproven), there was another who signed "Oswald" virtually identical to how LHO signed his last name.

Unfortunately, there are unsufficient examples in which to compare and make an absolute determination.

Tom

P.S. If of any merit, "handwriting analysis" was also one of those brief courses of instruction which were taken (given) by the Question Documents Division of the FBI.