The Education Forum

How could the FBI have found shirt fibers on the rifle ?

Gil Jesus

I consider it nonsense that fibers from the brown shirt were found on the rifle. One of the things that convinces me of this is the diagram of the second floor of the TSBD, CE 497.

http://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh17/html/WH_Vol17_0119b.htm

Mrs. Reid testified that she saw Oswald walking across the second floor in a T-Shirt. ( 3 H 276 ) He was heading for the front stairwell to go down to the first floor.

If you look at CE 497, you'll see that the front stairwell only went up as far as the second floor.

For the rifle to contain the fibers from the brown shirt, Oswald had to have fired the rifle while wearing the shirt.

If that were true, a T-shirted Oswald on the second floor means that he would have had to discard the brown shirt after the shooting, either before or during his flight down the REAR STAIRWELL to the second floor. Therefore, the brown shirt had to have been left on one of the floors, 2 thru 6. After his encounter with Baker & Truly, he walked past Reid toward the FRONT STAIRWELL that led only to the first floor and away from wherever he had previously discarded the shirt.

So if he shoots the rifle with the shirt on, is seen on the second floor after the shooting without it, and never comes in contact or even within close proximity to where he "ditched" it before leaving the building, how is it that he's wearing the shirt when he's arrested ?

IMO, the FBI lied. There were never any brown shirt fibers found on the rifle.

Edited by Gil Jesus

I consider it nonsense that fibers from the brown shirt were found on the rifle. One of the things that convinces me of this is the diagram of the second floor of the TSBD, CE 497.

http://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh17/html/WH_Vol...

Mrs. Reid testified that she saw Oswald walking across the second floor in a T-Shirt. ( 3 H 276 ) He was heading for the front stairwell to go down to the first floor.

If you look at CE 497, you'll see that the front stairwell only went up as far as the second floor. For the rifle to contain the fibers from the brown shirt, Oswald had to have fired the rifle while wearing the shirt.

A T-shirted Oswald on the second floor means that he discarded the brown shirt after the shooting, either before or during his flight down the REAR STAIRWELL to the second floor. Therefore, the brown shirt had to have been left on one of the floors, 2 thru 6. After his encounter with Baker & Truly, he walked past Reid toward the FRONT STAIRWELL that led only to the first floor and away from wherever he had previously discarded the shirt.

So if he shoots the rifle with the shirt on, is seen on the second floor after the shooting without it, and never comes in contact or even within close proximity to where he "ditched" it before leaving the building, how is it that he's wearing the shirt when he's arrested ?

Thanks Gil for a thought-provoking post.

Here is another link to CE 497: http://www.aarclibrary.org/publib/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh17/pdf/WH17_CE_497.pdf

http://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh17/html/WH_Vol...

If you look at CE 497, you'll see that the front stairwell only went up as far as the second floor. For the rifle to contain the fibers from the brown shirt, Oswald had to have fired the rifle while wearing the shirt.

A T-shirted Oswald on the second floor means that he discarded the brown shirt after the shooting, either before or during his flight down the REAR STAIRWELL to the second floor. Therefore, the brown shirt had to have been left on one of the floors, 2 thru 6. After his encounter with Baker & Truly, he walked past Reid toward the FRONT STAIRWELL that led only to the first floor and away from wherever he had previously discarded the shirt.

Thanks Gil for a thought-provoking post.

Here is another link to CE 497: http://www.aarclibrary.org/publib/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh17/pdf/WH17_CE_497.pdf

I cover the thread evidence in excruciating detail in chapter 4 of my webpage, starting with the section called Threads of Evidence. I believe it's quite clear that threads were found on the rifle, but that they were planted subsequent to the rifle's being recovered and dusted by the DPD.

So-called Evidence

Let's not forget that Oswald told police that when he went back to his rooming house he changed his shirt (WR626)

Relation or not between the original shirt and the shirt on the "Billy Lovelady" figure on the TSBD steps in Altgens 6? (Since Oz is running around inside the TSBD in his T-shirt...)

Did he really change his outer shirt or just say so?

Edited by David Andrews

Let's not forget that Oswald told police that when he went back to his rooming house he changed his shirt (WR626)

.....................................................................................................

Let's not forget that he told the police that the shirt he'd worn to work that morning was red or reddish in color and that he'd put it in a drawer with other dirty clothes before going to the Texas Theater. Question: Did the police find a reddish-colored shirt with a button-down collar in a drawer with dirty clothes in his room? And BTW, where did they find his grayish trousers? In the same drawer? Just curious,

--Tommy

Edited by Thomas Graves

Question: Did the police find a reddish-colored shirt with a button-down collar in a drawer with dirty clothes in his room? And BTW, where did they find his grayish trousers? In the same drawer? Just curious,

--Tommy

Among the items found by the police in the search of Oswald's room at 1026 No. Beckley, was a "red & grey short sleeved shirt".

post-3674-052313800 1317555536_thumb.gif

And although there are no grey pants specifically mentioned, the police photo of the evidence recovered appears to show a pair of grey pants.

post-3674-055349100 1317555672_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gil Jesus