The Education Forum

Mary Pinchot Meyer Case said to be solved...

Peter Janney is a good researcher, the son of a CIA official, who has used his father's contacts to acquire information unavailable to others.

Mary Pinchot Meyer was the wife of CIA officer Cord Meyer, and the daughter of the powerful Pennsylvania Republican Pinchot family, who JFK visited on Sept.24, 1963, the first stop on his Conservation Tour.

JFK had met Mary Pinchot while a student at Choate, introduced by his room mate William Atwood, who JFK would later appoint as an ambassador, and who was responsible for the back-channel UN negotiations with Castro that ended with the assassination.

JFK MISTRESS MURDER SOLVED!

Published on: November 4, 2011

by NATIONAL ENQUIRER staff

The KENNEDY clan is terrified over an upcoming book that promises to name the killer of JFK's White House mistress MARY PINCHOT MEYER!

Massachusetts author Peter Janney claims to have solved the mystery behind themurder of the 43-year-old socialite, who carried on a two-year affair with President John F. Kennedy while he was in office.

While the Kennedy family is not implicated in the crime,they do not want to revisit sordid details of the past that will be revealed inthe book, noted the source.

"It's sure to open old wounds," the source said about "Mary's Mosaic: Mary Pinchot Meyer & John F. Kennedy and their Vision forWorld Peace."

"The book will describe how JFK cheated on first lady Jackie – and then all the murky details of how gorgeous blonde Mary was killed almost a year after his assassina­tion."

Incredibly, The ENQUIRER was the FIRST to break the news of the steamy relationship in our March 2, 1976, issue, and our scoop inspired author Janney.

"I have been researching her story since The ENQUIRER story first broke in 1976," Jan­ney admitted.

The affair in­cluded almost 30 "trysts," and it's been reported that Mary brought marijuana or the mind-altering drug LSD for the sexual encounters.

On Oct. 12, 1964, 11 months after the Kennedy assas­sination,and two weeks after the Warren Commission report on his death was made public, Mary was shot to death while out for a walk in Washington.

A man named Raymond Crump was arrested, but the gun used in the shooting was never located and Crump was acquitted of all charges. The murder has remained unsolved ever since.

"Janney's book will finally uncover the CIA's suspected role in Mary's death and will drop other bomb shells," said the source. "The Kennedys are bracing for the disclosures."

Edited by William Kelly

Peter Janney is a good researcher, the son of a CIA official, who has used his father's contacts to acquire information unavailable to others.

Mary Pinchot Meyer was the wife of CIA officer Cord Meyer, and the daughter of the powerful Pennsylvania Republican Pinchot family, who JFK visited on Sept.24, 1963, the first stop on his Conservation Tour.

JFK had met Mary Pinchot while a student at Choate, introduced by his room mate William Atwood, who JFK would later appoint as an ambassador, and who was responsible for the back-channel UN negotiations with Castro that ended with the assassination.

One of the important aspects of this book is that it will show that Nina Burleigh's book on the subject, "A Very Private Woman: The Life and Unsolved Murder of Presidential Mistress Mary Meyer" (1998) was a CIA limited hangout.

One of the important aspects of this book is that it will show that Nina Burleigh's book on the subject, "A Very Private Woman: The Life and Unsolved Murder of Presidential Mistress Mary Meyer" (1998) was a CIA limited hangout.

I came close to buying this book, but the Amazon reviews of it were awful so I took a pass on it.

I am excited about this new book, though, and I will buy and read it, but waiting 6 months for it will be tough.

I have always viewed her murder as post-Dallas cleanup work by the JFK assassination perpetrators or their emisarries.

I enjoyed "An American Affair" with Gretchen Mol as a fictionalized version of the MPM story, but YMMV.

Hopefully, this time the book will be published.

Journalist and author Zalin Grant re-investigated the murder of Mary Meyer beginning in November of 1993.

You can find his fresh take on the case in his article MARY MEYER: A HIGHLY SUSPICIOUS DEATH - Did Camelot Get Away With Murder? at his always informative site, Zalin Grant's War Tales.

As he did with his investigation of former DCI William E. Colby's suspicious death in 1996, Grant visited the scene, scoured police files, and interviewed witnesses (including acquitted suspect Raymond Crump Jr's attorney, Dovey Roundtree).

Most disturbing is what Grant found when he sought out the original physical evidence in the Mary Meyer homicide file in D.C.

Article link: http://www.pythiapress.com/wartales/Meyer.html

Zalin Grant's website: http://www.pythiapress.com/wartales/colby.htm

-- Steve

Journalist and author Zalin Grant re-investigated the murder of Mary Meyer beginning in November of 1993.

You can find his fresh take on the case in his article MARY MEYER: A HIGHLY SUSPICIOUS DEATH - Did Camelot Get Away With Murder? at his always informative site, Zalin Grant's War Tales.

As he did with his investigation of former DCI William E. Colby's suspicious death in 1996, Grant visited the scene, scoured police files, and interviewed witnesses (including acquitted suspect Raymond Crump Jr's attorney, Dovey Roundtree).

Most disturbing is what Grant found when he sought out the original physical evidence in the Mary Meyer homicide file in D.C.

Article link: http://www.pythiapress.com/wartales/Meyer.html

Zalin Grant's website: http://www.pythiapress.com/wartales/colby.htm

-- Steve

Interesting article. Zalin Grant says:

Raymond Crump, Jr, age 25, an African American, was taken by police when he was found in the canal towpath area a few minutes after Mary Meyer was killed. A witness said he saw a black man near the body of Ms. Meyer shortly after he heard the two shots. He identified the man he saw as being five-eight and 185 pounds. Crump was five foot five and a half inches tall and weighed 145 pounds.

The D.C. police took Ray Crump into custody and he was charged with the first degree murder of Mary Meyer. As the trial revealed, there was no physical evidence—no blood, no hairs, no fibers—nothing that linked Crump to her murder. No eyewitness claimed to have seen the killing. The gun was never found.

Alfred Hantman, the assistant U.S. Attorney charged with prosecuting the case, told the judge and jury on the first morning of the trial in July 1965:

“This case in all its aspects is a classic textbook case in circumstantial evidence.”

Actually it was a classic textbook case on how to frame a black man for a murder he didn’t commit—something that had already taken place more than a few times in American history.

And the frame-up would have succeeded had it not been for the presence of an African American lawyer by the name of Dovey Roundtree.

Despite this, Nina Burleigh, the author of "A Very Private Woman: The Life and Unsolved Murder of Presidential Mistress Mary Meyer", says that Crump was probably guilty of the crime. Of course, she used to work for Ben Bradlee, who played an important role with Angleton in the cover-up.

• 4 months later...
Is there some way for forum members to see Damore's manuscript and/or get the name of the supposed CIA contract agent who he says did the professional hit?

I have asked my informant if I can name Mary Pinchot Meyer's killer on the Forum. I am awaiting his reply.

Hello -

My name is Peter Janney and I am the person John is referring to. I have actually been researching the life and death of Mary Pinchot Meyer for over thirty (30) years now. I am in the midst of producing a full length Hollywood drama called "Lost Light" which deals with Mary's relationship with JFK and her death. I also writing a book on the same subject ("Mary's Mosaic") which I am hard at work at.

I am going to post a much larger reply than I can at the moment in few days or so, but let me say this as an introduction:

Mary Meyer most certainly had a relationship with Tim Leary. I own all of Leo Damore's research on Mary Meyer. Damore was a prodigious researcher, just read his book Senatorial Priveledge and you can see for yourself. Damore even knew what room number Mary stayed in at the Ritz Carlton when she first came to meet Leary in the Spring of 1962. I also have a two hour tape recorded interview with Leary and Damore talking about the Meyer-JFK relationship. There are details on that tape that Leary talks about that he could have never known about if he had not known Mary back in the 1960s. Mary Meyer and JFK did take LSD together at Joe Alsop's house in Georgetown in the early Spring of 1963. I believe this experience was a catalyst for JFK's evolution of his political dispostion toward world peace initiatives. Soon after this experience JFK gave his legendary commencement speech at American University on June 10, 1963. More on that later.

Mary Meyer was not murdered; she was assassinated. I believe I am well on my way to proving this. The assassin's name was William L. Mitchell and he testified at the Crump murder trial as the "jogger" who passed Mary on his way back to Key Bridge. He testified that a black man, allegedly Ray Crump, was following Mary after he passed her. It was a complete frame up, again generated by certain individuals within the CIA.

Leo Damore interviewed "William L.Mitchell" ("Mitchell" told Damore that his name was an alias and that he had several aliases that he used) on March 31, 1993 on the phone for several hours. He allegedley recorrded the call but I could never find the tapes. "Mitchell" confessed to Damore that he had been ordered to take out Mary Meyer. Immediately, after the call, Damore called his attorney. His attorney took five (5) pages of notes on that call and he saved them and has given the notes to me.

Damore told me personally in 1993 that he had interviewed the assassin, but I was too heart broken at the time from a broken engagement to really get into it with him at the time.

I shared my taped interview between Leary and Damore with David Talbot and he credits me for that in his footnote. As much as I respect Jim Eugenio, he is wrong about Leary and Mary Meyer and I believe I have enough evidence to prove that.

Please feel free to post questions and I will try to respond. More later. Thank you.

According to Bill Wolfsthal at Skyhorse Publishing, Peter Janney's book will be "available everywhere (in stores and on line) on April 2."

http://www.amazon.com/Marys-Mosaic-Conspiracy-Kennedy-Pinchot/dp/1616087080

• 2 weeks later...

I came across this book in my local Barnes & Noble today and sat with it for over an hour - couldn't put it down. The author is an extremely skillful and engaging writer who has done an incredibly masterful job of putting this story together. This work is solid reportage that contributes unimpeachable evidence of CIA complicity in the JFK murder. I'm ordering on Kindle tonight!

I came across this book in my local Barnes & Noble today and sat with it for over an hour - couldn't put it down. The author is an extremely skillful and engaging writer who has done an incredibly masterful job of putting this story together. This work is solid reportage that contributes unimpeachable evidence of CIA complicity in the JFK murder. I'm ordering on Kindle tonight!

I received my copy from Peter on Saturday. I read it in manuscript form several months ago. It is a book I highly recommend.

That's nice you still have bookstores in your area. Where I live, they're pretty much extinct. I loved picking up a book out of the blue at the bookstore and browsing it eventually to buy it. Can't get that same experience online.

Anyway....back to topic, will definitely be buying this based on your recommendations.

That's nice you still have bookstores in your area. Where I live, they're pretty much extinct. I loved picking up a book out of the blue at the bookstore and browsing it eventually to buy it. Can't get that same experience online.

Anyway....back to topic, will definitely be buying this based on your recommendations.

I definately 'hear what you're saying'; I've just gotten really used to the convenience of reading books on iPad/Kindle, plus there is a cost savings. I also like the idea of being easier on the environment (part of my low impact lifestyle), saving trees. Then there is the issue of storage; I have literally run out of places to put books in my house!

Edited by Shepard G. Montgomery

Doug Horne has posted his detailed review of Mary's Mosaic at the Amazon website.

There is a shorter review by the biographer of Dovey J. Roundtree, Kathleen McCabe.

http://www.amazon.com/Marys-Mosaic-Conspiracy-Kennedy-Pinchot/dp/1616087080/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

David Mantik has also added a short review. He calls Mary's Mosaic "Magnificent--and courageous, too!"

"If Peter Janney's CIA-father (Wistar) were still alive, we would likely not be reading this book. After all, it provides convincing evidence that Wistar knew that Mary had died even before the police had identified her body, which means that he (Wistar) had foreknowledge of the murder plot. Peter also makes a strong case that Ben Bradlee (of the Washington Post) likewise had advance knowledge, perhaps also tipped off by Wistar.

When one's own father is so deeply committed to a cover-up, it requires enormous courage to disclose the family jewels. But courage is what Peter has--in spades. His relentless pursuit of long-hidden links and evasive witnesses leads to his final denouement--a truly remarkable Cold War murder mystery played out on the shores of the Potomac.

If Peter is correct about Mary's execution and cover-up, then the CIA did not hesitate to throw away the life of an innocent black man, Ray Crump. That recklessness, all by itself, speaks volumes about the Cold War morals of the CIA.

The two highly compartmentalized NPIC episodes with the Zapruder film on successive nights (November 23 and 24, 1963) are profoundly alarming. Short of some degree of film alteration between those two dates, why else was this secret so highly guarded? After all, Dino Brugioni, who was on call that weekend for the NPIC, only learned of the second event after Peter told him about it! Furthermore, Brugioni's recollections are so at odds with the extant film that they also raise overwhelming suspicion of film tampering that same weekend.

With this book, Peter achieves a remarkable triumph--setting the historical stage (with many quotations and facts) for telling his personal story, which is so intertwined in this saga. Although it was a very different era--and that enemy spoke Russian--one can only wonder: With the current War on Terror, how much have the stratagems (and values) changed today?"

http://www.amazon.com/Marys-Mosaic-Conspiracy-Kennedy-Pinchot/dp/1616087080/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top