The Education Forum

Nicholas Katzenbach, AG under LBJ, Dead at 90

Former LBJ Attorney General Nicholas Katzenbach, who was Assistant Attorney General under RFK during the JFK administration, has died. He was 90.

http://news.yahoo.com/nicholas-katzenbach-aide-kennedy-johnson-dead-90-010900900.html;_ylt=A2KJ3CUSLKtPa0EA4ALQtDMD

Guest Tom Scully

Lee,

............................................................................................

....When Stern was giving the 1978 interview you posted, he had to be aware that in the year follwing the publishing of the WC report, Earl Warren chose the son of organized crime principal, Paul Ziffren as Warren's law clerk.

The CIA combined its "investigations" of Stern with Howard Willens, described as number 3 in the U.S. DOJ, with a troubling past including an arrest in 1947 on the charge of breaking street lights. Willens's father, Joseph is of concern to the CIA because of his 1930 arrest on a minor charge, a 1940's accusation of mortgage fraud, and his travels to South America, the Soviet Union and several Soviet bloc countries.

Somehow the CIA did not include in it s report, the fact that Willens's father purchased the residence next door to Tony Accardo's in 1958. :

http://www.maryferre...307&relPageId=3

Howard Willens designed the organizational structure of the WC and of its investigative priorities, minimizing the need to fully investigate Jack Ruby's Cuban connections:

http://educationforu...=0

http://educationforu...=0

Samuel Stern is Anaconda Copper's counsel just 4 months before the coup in Chile that resulted in the death of the elected leader, Allende, and ushered in the 17 years long reign of terror of Gen. Pinochet.:

http://www.google.co...iw=1280&bih=783

Size of US Copper Profits in Chile Disputed Here; Procedures...

- New York Times - May 5, 1973

Shortly after, Samuel A. Stern of the Washington law firm of Wilmer, Cutler Pick - ering counsel for Anaconda, said he had "never heard those numbers for .

Was Anaconda counsel and CIA asset Samuel A. Stern working hand in hand in South America with James Greene, who Stern must have remembered from his WC days?:

http://www.google.co...facffac0e408c2c

Unknown Diplomal Reconciles Peru, Companies .

Palm Beach Post - Feb 10, 1974

President Nixon appointed Greene In July to reach an nccomVnodatlon with Peru over its nationalization plans which put the Interests of the United States, ...

http://www.jfk-assas...ol9/page278.php

Warren Commission Hearings: Vol. IX - Page 278 « Previous | Next »

(Testimony of George S. De Mohrenschildt Resumed)

...Mr. Jenner.

the Commercial Bank of Haiti to be of further advantage to the people of Haiti."

Mr. Jenner.

You have read the two columns appearing under that heading that you described.

Now, would you read the column to the right of those two columns?

Mr. DE MOHRENSCHILDT. "Mr. C. J. Charles, honorary citizen of the city of New York. Mr. Clemard Joseph Charles, president and director of the Bank Commercial of Haiti, Port-au-Prince, has come back yesterday morning with his charming wife, Sophie, from a trip of 2 weeks in New York, and was accompanied by Mr. James R. Green, vice president of the Manufacturers Hanover Trust Co., which is a large bank of Wall Street, New York.

"Mr. Green spent just a few hours in the capital, just sufficient time to visit the Commercial Bank with which Hanover Trust Co. wants to do business. Mr. Charles is very satisfied from the contacts which he has made during this trip, and satisfied with the promotion of his commercial bank. The Haitian banker was honored by Mayor Wagner of the city of New York, and has made his assistant, Mr. O'Brien, give the key of the city as an honorary citizen, to Mr. Charles."

Mr. Jenner.

Mr. Reporter, would you mark that "George S. De Mohrenschildt Exhibit No. 1"?

Mr. DE MOHRENSCHILDT. This is by the way the photograph of a paper....

Ahhhh, the loss of another of the Princeton crowd!

.....................................................................................................................

.............In my next post, I'll put up some more background on Alan Quasha's father, Lt. Col. William H. Quasha.

I also want to get deeper into this. I am wondering if the employment recruiting gambit is partially a front for intelligence recruiting and OPS. I've posted an outline of the background of RS Reynolds, Jr. and here is a 2007 bio of the man, born in 1932.:

http://www.businessw...0110_313016.htm

What I've found below is the employment recruiting agency, Thorndike Deland, inherited by his son, Rawle Deland. Rawle's wife is Theodora Cogswell. HSCA documents describe her, in relation to "Livingston," as Jack Cogswell's sister who works for the CIA. The documents also say that Jack, aka James Kelsey Cogswell, III, put the HSCA onto Joseph F. Dryer, Jr., because of his knowledge of DeMohrenschildt. The documents also reveal that the aunt of Cogswell and his sister, Theodora, was a CIA "secretary" who retired in 1954. The documents say that Cogswell is shown drawings of "Bishop" and Cogswell said the drawings resembled a Freeport executive.

I've already posted on other threads that Jack Cogswell (and Theodora) were the fist cousins of Louisa Catherine Hull, daughter of their father's sister, Bianca Cogswell and Clarence Erskine Clement. This cousin married Harry Hull, who roomed for a two week period in DC with DeMohrenschildt in the home of Paul Joachim.

In 1954, the Cogswells' first cousin on their mother's (Hennenger) side, Susan Estabrook Lewis, marries for life, the former OSS chief secretariat, Alvah Woodbury Sulloway

Louisa Catherine Hull died earlier this year and the nice write up of her life describes her working for the Office of Strategic Service in San Francisco. Jack Cogswell was an Exeter classmate of Nicholas Katzenbach and Cogswell married Will Farish, III's first cousin Joan in 1953. he best man was George O. Walbridge, 2d, who shows up in a 1955 Havana newspaper photo posing with his boss, Lem Billings, and the former press secretary of Carlos Prio. Walbrige was a WWII PT Boat buddy, and Billings was a Princeton friend and wedding usher of their boss, the president of Emerson Drug Co. and the nephew of Nona DeMohrenschildt, Francis McAdoo.

(Cogswell, III worked for the CIA, raised money to finance at least one plot to assassinate Castro, knew and socialized with George DeM. and with DeM's other contact, Joseph F. Dryer, was a friend of AMRAZZ-1, aka Joaquin Godoy, and with Antonio Veciana, and had an only sister, Theodora, described in an HSCA report as being acquainted with "Livingston" aka Mitchell Werbell.)

http://www.google.co...biw=840&bih=417

Miss Cogswell, Sarah Lawrence Alumna, Engaged to Rawle...

- New York Times - Sep 29, 1946

... Theodora Lyman, to Rawle Deland, son of Mr. and Mrs. Thorndike Deland of Scarsdale. Miss Cogswell was graduated from the Masters School in Dobbs Ferry, ...

Number Of False Credentials On Rise .

Bulletin Journal - Dec 19, 1982

A good third of them said they had encountered rising deception. we're not talking about the majority of jobhunters, however," Rawle Deland of Thorndike ...

Please understand...I posted this NOT to praise Caesar....er, Katzenbach....but to simply note that he has died.

Lest anyone get the wrong idea about my post.

Guest Robert Morrow

Nicholas Katzenbach (like Ted Sorensen, Arthur Schlesinger, Bill Moyers, Jack Valenti, Allen Dulles, Nelson Rockefeller) was also a member of the Council on Foreign Relations the CIA and Rockefeller influenced organization that has been covering up the JFK assassinaiton full bore for 38 years.

Katzenbach was also a Rhodes Scholar.

Remember, Katzenbach was a Kennedy man, working under Attorney General Robert Kennedy, so there is no need to give RFK a pass on this.

The CFR's abysmal record on the JFK assassination, particularly the media cover up: http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=16612

Robert, do you have any evidence the CFR has actively covered up the assassination? Occasionally, I'll come across an old copy of Foreign Affairs at a book store or Library and browse for awhile. I've never seen an article on the Kennedy assassination. And the articles on foreign policy that I've read have mostly been supportive of the CT position Kennedy was a challenge to the status quo. I remember reading one in particular that blamed our falling out with Cuba on...not Castro, but America's oil companies and their representative in Washington, Secretary of the Treasury under Eisenhower--and the man Eisenhower told LBJ to rely upon after Kennedy was murdered--Robert Anderson.

As far as Katzenbach--I think he was an honest man--but a bit of a suck-up and easily manipulated.

Edited by Pat Speer

Guest Tom Scully

Robert, do you have any evidence the CFR has actively covered up the assassination? Occasionally, I'll come across an old copy of Foreign Affairs at a book store or Library and browse for awhile. I've never seen an article on the Kennedy assassination. And the articles on foreign policy that I've read have mostly been supportive of the CT position Kennedy was a challenge to the status quo. I remember reading one in particular that blamed our falling out with Cuba on...not Castro, but America's oil companies and their representative in Washington, Secretary of the Treasury under Eisenhower--and the man Eisenhower told LBJ to rely upon after Kennedy was murdered--Robert Anderson.

As far as Katzenbach--I think he was an honest man--but a bit of a suck-up and easily manipulated.

Hey Pat, if you accept that somebody selected Jack Ruby and decided when it was time for him to move against

Oswald, it shouldn't be too big a step to be interested enough to take a thorough look at this and decide if there is a more likely

cast of coincidental characters. Consider who knew Ruby and who benefited most from the deaths of JFK and LHO, afterwards.

Points to consider.:

Whitney Shepardson's son, John, described in 1990 how close his father was to Lt.Col. Francis P. Miller, the WWII commanding officer of Lt. William B. Macomber.:

http://www.nytimes.c...rint&src=pm

And :

http://educationforu...showtopic=18388

(Just to clarify, John Shepardson's descriptions of FDR and Willkie are amazingly distorted, right wing partisan garbage.: http://en.wikipedia....olitical_career

Joseph Graham "Gray" Davis, Jr. (born December 26, 1942) is an American Democratic politician who served as California's 37th Governor from 1999 until being recalled in 2003......

Davis was nicknamed Gray by his mother.[7] His father, Joseph Graham Davis, Sr., an advertising manager at Time, Inc. and an alcoholic, was the son of William Rhodes Davis.[6]

In his book, "A Man Called Intrepid", author William Stevenson claims that the famed British spy, William Stephenson killed William Rhodes Davis.[29]

http://educationforu...38;#entry161918

http://books.google....e davis indiana

Mystery Man: William Rhodes Davis, Nazi Agent of Influence‎ - Page 152

by Dale Harrington - History - 1999 - 276 pages

“Pryor telephoned Wilkie from Davis’s home and told him of the oilman’s willingness to pay for the Lewis broadcast. Wilkie wanted to immediately meet this mysterious man who would make an offer of such dimensions. Pryor used his private plane to fly Davis to meet with Wilkie, who was then at his home in Rushville, Indiana. After Davis repeated his offer to Wilkie in person, the Republican nominee pointed to the contribution limits of the federal election law and suggested that the money be given to various Wilkie clubs to maintain the legalities. Davis concluded the meeting by reiterating to Wilkie his offer to carry the cost of a nationwide radio speech by his friend John L. Lewis, who would publicly endorse Wilkie...

...Wilkie’s willingness to take Davis’s money puts a tarnish on Wilkie’s incorruptible image both because of Davis’s known Nazi connections and Wilkie’s early public insistence that the federal campaign finance laws be adhered to in the spirit as well as the letter of the law. When Wilkie was later asked if he was aware of Davis’s contributions to the Republican Party,

Wilkie lied and said he never knew about these funds. These questionable actions show that Wilkie, like many politicians, was more interested in winning than in the morality of what he had to do to win.”...

A few minutes later Hitler walked in and they all jumped to attention and remained standing. Hitler said: "Gentlemen, I have reviewed Mr. Davis' proposition and it sounds feasible, and I want the bank to finance it.

Edited by Tom Scully

R.I.P.

I'll always remember how you stood up at Oxford and Alabama.

Guest Robert Morrow

Pat, because the CIA and Rockefellers have been in leadership positions of the Council on Foreign Relations for over 6 decades, the CFR has been the #1 engine of the cover up of the JFK assassination. Just look at the performance of the 3 CFR members on the Warren Commission farce: Allen Dulles who was president of the CFR in 1949; John J. McCloy who was chairman of the CFR from 1953 to 1970 and Gerald Ford, another CFR member. I should not have to mention the role of George Herbert Walker Bush who I think was involved in the JFK assassination and who has been a director of the CFR.

The very fact that "Foreign Affairs" has published absolutely NO ARTICLE ever on the JFK assassination should speak volumes. No article for 5 decades on this topic? It is called whistling as you walk past the graveyard at midnight.

Just skim this link and see the CFR members' views on the JFK assassination: http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=16612&st=30

They ranged from lone nutter to Castro did it to Russians did it with the vast majority being lone nutters.

Whenever you see a "respected" talking head on TV say something really stupid about the JFK assassination, just google their name and the letters "CFR" and you will be amazed at how often you get a direct hit.

The reason the CFR is so committed to the lone nutter fantasy is that the CFR is tied to the CIA with an umbilical cord and that military intelligence (with the cooperation/encouragement of Lyndon Johnson) murdered John Kennedy. The vast majority of CFR members were not involved in the JFK assassination; rather they are willfully self ignorant people who know what party line they must push to reap the professional rewards of CFR membership.

I have never heard a CFR member, Trilateral Commission member, Bilderberg banking conference attendee, Bohemian Grove attendee, or Rhodes Scholar speak credibly on the JFK assassination.

A special word about the Council on Relations role in the 1963 Coup d’Etat and cover up: no other organization has been more responsible for the murder and cover up of John Kennedy than the CFR. The inner core of the CFR are high level US intelligence men who have used CFR members as a horse jockeys, whipping the media with their riding crops to tow the CIA line.

Elite CFR members such as Allen Dulles (CIA), CIA Nelson Rockefeller (CIA, George Herbert Walker Bush (CIA) and CIA McGeorge Bundy (CIA) were probably sponsors of the JFK assassination. Certainly leadership CFR members such as Allen Dulles, John J. McCloy, and Gerald Ford played the most critical roles in the Warren Commission farce. Add in cover up roles played by McGeorge Bundy (CFR/CIA), Nelson Rockefeller (CFR/CIA), Henry Kissinger (CFR/CIA), Richard Helms (CFR/CIA), William Colby (CFR/CIA), Nicholas Katzenbach (CFR), Jack Valenti (CFR), Bill Moyers (CFR), Henry Luce (CFR), Clair Boothe Luce (CFR), C.D. Jackson (CFR) William Coleman (CFR), James Reston NY Times (CFR), Anthony Lewis NY Times (CFR), Harrison Salisbury NY Times (CFR) William F. Buckley (CFR/CIA), William Paley CBS (CFR), Frank Stanton CBS (CFR) Walter Cronkite CBS (CFR), Dan Rather CBS (CFR), Bob Schieffer CBS (CFR), Barry Bingham, Sr. (CFR), Peter Jennings ABC (CFR), Daniel Schorr (CFR), Arthur Ochs Sulzberger NY Times (CFR), Michael Eisner Disney (CFR), Harrison Salisbury NY Times (CFR), Kenneth Gilmore Readers’ Digest (CFR), Tom Braden (CFR/CIA), Stephen Rosenfeld Washington Post (CFR), Bobbie Ray Inman (CFR/CIA), Arnold de Borchgrave (CFR), Donald Rumsfeld (CFR), Rupert Murdoch FOX (CFR), John McCain (CFR), Robert Gates CIA (CFR)… the list is almost endless. Note two things: 1) they are the key establishment players of BOTH major political parties spanning decades 2) their power and influence is directly proportional to the fantastic whoppers they tell about the 1963 Coup d’Etat. For the older CFR members it is a case of PARTICIPATION and COVER UP in the JFK

assassination. For the younger ones such as Bill Clinton (CFR), Douglas G. Brinkley (CFR), George Will (CFR/ABC), Charles Krauthammer (CFR/FOX), Bill Kristol (CFR/FOX), David Gergen (CFR), John Segenthaler (CFR), Frank Sesno (CFR), Michael Beschloss (CFR), Stephen M. Walt (CFR), George Stephanopolous (CFR/ABC), Jonathan Alter (CFR), Evan Thomas (CFR), Brian Williams (CFR/NBC), Daniel Pipes (CFR), Michael Gerson (CFR), Jon Meacham (CFR), Walter Isaacson (CFR), Fareed Zakaria (CFR) it is a case of WILLFUL IGNORANCE as they still push the Big Lie. Note: Chris Matthews of NBC's Hardball, another willfully ignorant man, is close friends with Richard Haass, the current president of CFR. I have never seen highly acclaimed political guru Michael Barone, a Bilderberger attendee, ever say anything credible on the JFK assassination. Nor have I ever heard NBC political analyst Chuck Todd, a man who eats, sleeps and breathes politics and political history, ever say anything credible about the ugly reality of the 1963 Coup d'Etat. It is self imposed ignorance resulting from elite peer pressure that makes it socially and politically impossible to tell the truth about murdered John Kennedy and why they did it.

Question: do we really expect the CFR to admit that some of its CIA inner circle members slaughtered John Kennedy and many more played integral roles in the cover up? No, but it is important to highlight that the Council on Foreign Relations has stunk up the place with tremendous amounts of radioactive horse manure relating to the 1963 Coup d’Etat.

On June 30, 2009, President Obama had a private dinner with 9 top presidential historians: Michael Beschloss (CFR), H. W. Brands, Douglas Brinkley (CFR), Robert Caro, Robert Dallek, Doris Kearns Goodwin, David Kennedy, Kenneth Mack, and Garry Wills. I have never heard any of these reputable scholars say anything credible about the JFK assassination. You will learn more about the relationship of Doris Kearns (later Goodwin) with Lyndon Johnson later. Robert Dallek and Robert Caro are especially obtuse on the subject of the JFK Assassination.

Larry Sabato (Rhodes Scholar), yet another highly acclaimed political professional and the director of the UVA Center for Politcs, has also been known to sell counterfeit money on the JFK assassination (see "JFK's Golden Anniversary," 2/18/10) It is really about a social and peer pressure to remain ignorant and not know the truth. I think Sabato is just too cowardly to learn and speak the truth.