6 replies to this topic

#1 Daniel Burnet

Daniel Burnet

Experienced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:34 PM

Project Hammer and Brigadier General Cocke Cocke was heavily involved with highly secret project called Project Hammer, a covert and complex money-moving operation involving banks throughout the world. In April 2000, shortly before he died of pancreatic cancer, Cooke gave a sworn deposition stating many facts about Project Hammer and his involvement in CIA and complex financial operations. Cocke testified that Project Hammer was started by some unknown people in high government positions, that much of the money was diverted into covert activities, and that it was started as a secret program to repatriate dollar assets from several prior decades, starting with World War II. This also involved much of the gold bullion hidden in the Philippines by the Japanese during World War II. Cocke testified:

It was mainly to bring monies back to the United States from all types of activities, both legitimately and illegitimately. Not that they were in the smuggling business per se, but they were all in the arms business; they were all retracing dollars of one description or another that had accumulated all through the 40s and 50s. And that probably is as broad a definition as I can give you. All kinds of nationalities were involved, and all kinds of people became involved. Cocke was asked if various agents of the U.S. government were involved, to which Cocke replied: Yes. Obviously the CIA, the FBI, the national security agencies of all types, and the Pentagon in the broadest sense; and the Treasury, Federal Reserve. Nobody got out of the act; everybody wanted to get in the act. Included in his sworn testimony was that Citibank was the main bank involved, especially the New York and Athens offices, with many other banks acting as correspondent to Citibank, and that Citibank was the disbursing bank.

Additional Information Concerning General Cocke During 2005 I received several e-mails from a person who worked with General Cocke before Cocke death in 2000. He confirmed some of the statements I made in Defrauding America and Disavow. The person, who was still in covert activities, identified himself only as "Clark." The following are some of the statements he made in his emails to me: I have attached a copy of my credential which were authorized by General Cocke. There were only seven of us and we were known as the seven deadly sins. We were his best-kept secret. This card was issued a few months before he passed away in April of 2000. Cocke had a Special Operations Team that was formed in the early 80s. This team was not part of the government per se. It was made up of ex-military guys such as myself. If the General wanted something done that had to be kept secret from everyone, he called on what he called "his Team." I was the Team Commander so I knew most of what went on. Most everything that went on with General Cocke was highly secret. I knew he had secret meetings with many of the presidents. Cocke was one of the most powerful and feared men in Washington, D.C. Although he was behind the scenes, he was calling the shots. He did a lot of secret banking all over the world for the government and died a very wealthy man His father was the one who created Bank of America. Cocke would provide me with passports from other countries as well as U.S. passports under different names. He and several others ran everything. Admiral Turned and two other Generals, one army and the other Air Force, were all part of the group that was headed by Cocke. The General and his group needed his own people with no influence from the outside; therefore he formed a Special Operations Team, which was sometimes just called "The Team." Basically, the Team didn't exist to anyone other than Cocke and his group and I'm not sure how much the group even knew about us. If we showed up somewhere, the story was we were never there and we don't exist. Just like Area 51 a few years ago. It was not part of the Special Operations Command and was basically an entity of its own made up of ex-military personnel. His reasoning for using ex-military guys was, if something went wrong they could deny our existence completely and prove we were not on military payroll. I had to sign a secrecy agreement with Cocke and I still keep those secrets.

I was in charge of the team for Cocke and still have the team together. Some of the members have changed, but the team still exists. Shortly before the General passed away, he told me to keep the team intact because we would be called upon again to continue working for different government agencies to serve our country. Cocke would provide me with appointments with other governments as Trade Attaché or Ambassador at Large or military attaché that would allow me to move freely in and out of other countries using diplomatic passports, therefore never showing an exit stamp on my U.S. passport. When I would ask, "Who do I say I work for if questioned," his response was, "When it's not convenient for you to say you work for CIA then you say D.O.D., When it's not convenient to say you work for D.O.D., and then say CIA, but you always work for me and I will keep you out of trouble." Anything and everything we did was secret and clandestine. Nothing was ever over.

Rodney Stich (2008-05-01). Explosive Secrets of Covert CIA Companies (pp. 12-15). Silverpeak Enterprises, Inc.. Kindle Edition.

In another email: I can tell you from the days of JFK, Erle Cocke was responsible for setting up ways to hide large amounts of money all over the globe. This money belonged to Senators, congressmen, and high ranking White House officials up to and including the President during each changing administration, up to the time of the General's death in April of 2000. Which means, the General worked for every president from JFK to GW Bush to find ways to hide and launder money for the government or government agencies such as the CIA. There was a Navy Captain and also Admiral Stansfield Turner, ex CIA director, who were close to the General and often had lunch or dinner with him to discuss business. Meetings were often held at the Mayflower hotel. He also was the key negotiator who set up the ownership of the HSBC bank[6] by the CIA among other well-known world banks.

Rodney Stich (2008-05-01). Explosive Secrets of Covert CIA Companies (p. 16). Silverpeak Enterprises, Inc.. Kindle Edition.

Until now the affidavit has only been available as a series of individual image files. I have uploaded a PDF version of it to Scribd, where it can be easily read and downloaded.

Edited by Daniel Burnet, 31 October 2012 - 07:38 PM.

#2 Daniel Burnet

Daniel Burnet

Experienced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:35 PM

Namebase page for Erle Cocke Jr., with links.

COCKE ERLE JR
pages cited this search: 18

The names below are mentioned on the listed pages with the name
COCKE ERLE JR
AIR AMERICA
  • Lernoux,P. In Banks We Trust. 1984 (70)
API DISTRIBUTORS INC
  • Christic Institute. Sheehan Affidavit. 1988-03-25 (34)
ASTON JOHN
  • Wall Street Journal 1982-08-24 (22)
BEAZLEY DONALD E
  • Kwitny,J. The Crimes of Patriots. 1987 (13)
BLACK EDWIN F (GEN)
  • Kwitny,J. The Crimes of Patriots. 1987 (13 41)
  • Wall Street Journal 1982-08-25 (14)
BOONE PAT
CARTER LEO
CIVIL AIR TRANSPORT
COLBY WILLIAM EGAN
EVANS NEIL
FARRIS GEORGE
  • Kwitny,J. The Crimes of Patriots. 1987 (13 201-203)
GEHRING ROBERT WALLACE
  • Kwitny,J. The Crimes of Patriots. 1987 (40)
GUYATT DAVID
  • Lobster Magazine (Britain) 2004-#47 (50)
HAND MICHAEL JON
  • Stich,R. Russell,T.C. Disavow: A CIA Saga of Betrayal. 1995 (89)
HOLMGREN DALE C
HOUGHTON BERNARD MAURICE
JANSEN ROBERT RED
JANTZEN ROBERT JOHN
KHUN SA
KING BUD K.L.
LOWE ANDREW
LUDWIG DANIEL KEITH
MANOR LEROY J (GEN)
  • Gritz,J. Called to Serve. 1991 (381)
MASON JOHN H
MCDONALD WALTER JOSEPH
MOSS EDWARD K
  • Kessler,R. The Richest Man in the World. 1986 (188)
NUGAN FRANK JOHN
NUGAN HAND BANK
PAUKER GUY J
PHILLIPS EUGENE (COCKE & PHILLIPS INTERNATIONAL)
  • Kwitny,J. The Crimes of Patriots. 1987 (40)
PHILPOTTS DOUGLAS
  • Kwitny,J. The Crimes of Patriots. 1987 (200)
PROUTY L FLETCHER
RILEY MURRAY STEWART
SHAW GEORGE (NUGAN HAND BANK)
SOUVANNA PHOUMA
THOMSON ELIZABETH
  • Kwitny,J. The Crimes of Patriots. 1987 (202)
VASEY LLOYD R (JOE)
WAINWRIGHT HARRY
WHITLAM GOUGH
WILSON BOB (R-CA)
WILSON EDWIN PAUL
WILSON WILLIAM A
  • Trento,J. Prelude to Terror. 2005 (289)
YATES EARL P
ZYLKA WILLIAM
Trento,J. Prelude to Terror. 2005 (288-289)

#3 Len Colby

Len Colby

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,224 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:31 PM

Project Hammer and Brigadier General Cocke Cocke was heavily involved with highly secret project called Project Hammer, a covert and complex money-moving operation involving banks throughout the world. In April 2000, shortly before he died of pancreatic cancer, Cooke gave a sworn deposition stating many facts about Project Hammer and his involvement in CIA and complex financial operations. Cocke testified that Project Hammer was started by some unknown people in high government positions, that much of the money was diverted into covert activities, and that it was started as a secret program to repatriate dollar assets from several prior decades, starting with World War II. This also involved much of the gold bullion hidden in the Philippines by the Japanese during World War II. Cocke testified:

It was mainly to bring monies back to the United States from all types of activities, both legitimately and illegitimately. Not that they were in the smuggling business per se, but they were all in the arms business; they were all retracing dollars of one description or another that had accumulated all through the 40s and 50s. And that probably is as broad a definition as I can give you. All kinds of nationalities were involved, and all kinds of people became involved. Cocke was asked if various agents of the U.S. government were involved, to which Cocke replied: Yes. Obviously the CIA, the FBI, the national security agencies of all types, and the Pentagon in the broadest sense; and the Treasury, Federal Reserve. Nobody got out of the act; everybody wanted to get in the act. Included in his sworn testimony was that Citibank was the main bank involved, especially the New York and Athens offices, with many other banks acting as correspondent to Citibank, and that Citibank was the disbursing bank.

Additional Information Concerning General Cocke During 2005 I received several e-mails from a person who worked with General Cocke before Cocke death in 2000. He confirmed some of the statements I made in Defrauding America and Disavow. The person, who was still in covert activities, identified himself only as "Clark." The following are some of the statements he made in his emails to me: I have attached a copy of my credential which were authorized by General Cocke. There were only seven of us and we were known as the seven deadly sins. We were his best-kept secret. This card was issued a few months before he passed away in April of 2000. Cocke had a Special Operations Team that was formed in the early 80s. This team was not part of the government per se. It was made up of ex-military guys such as myself. If the General wanted something done that had to be kept secret from everyone, he called on what he called "his Team." I was the Team Commander so I knew most of what went on. Most everything that went on with General Cocke was highly secret. I knew he had secret meetings with many of the presidents. Cocke was one of the most powerful and feared men in Washington, D.C. Although he was behind the scenes, he was calling the shots. He did a lot of secret banking all over the world for the government and died a very wealthy man His father was the one who created Bank of America. Cocke would provide me with passports from other countries as well as U.S. passports under different names. He and several others ran everything. Admiral Turned and two other Generals, one army and the other Air Force, were all part of the group that was headed by Cocke. The General and his group needed his own people with no influence from the outside; therefore he formed a Special Operations Team, which was sometimes just called "The Team." Basically, the Team didn't exist to anyone other than Cocke and his group and I'm not sure how much the group even knew about us. If we showed up somewhere, the story was we were never there and we don't exist. Just like Area 51 a few years ago. It was not part of the Special Operations Command and was basically an entity of its own made up of ex-military personnel. His reasoning for using ex-military guys was, if something went wrong they could deny our existence completely and prove we were not on military payroll. I had to sign a secrecy agreement with Cocke and I still keep those secrets.

I was in charge of the team for Cocke and still have the team together. Some of the members have changed, but the team still exists. Shortly before the General passed away, he told me to keep the team intact because we would be called upon again to continue working for different government agencies to serve our country. Cocke would provide me with appointments with other governments as Trade Attaché or Ambassador at Large or military attaché that would allow me to move freely in and out of other countries using diplomatic passports, therefore never showing an exit stamp on my U.S. passport. When I would ask, "Who do I say I work for if questioned," his response was, "When it's not convenient for you to say you work for CIA then you say D.O.D., When it's not convenient to say you work for D.O.D., and then say CIA, but you always work for me and I will keep you out of trouble." Anything and everything we did was secret and clandestine. Nothing was ever over.

Rodney Stich (2008-05-01). Explosive Secrets of Covert CIA Companies (pp. 12-15). Silverpeak Enterprises, Inc.. Kindle Edition.

In another email: I can tell you from the days of JFK, Erle Cocke was responsible for setting up ways to hide large amounts of money all over the globe. This money belonged to Senators, congressmen, and high ranking White House officials up to and including the President during each changing administration, up to the time of the General's death in April of 2000. Which means, the General worked for every president from JFK to GW Bush to find ways to hide and launder money for the government or government agencies such as the CIA. There was a Navy Captain and also Admiral Stansfield Turner, ex CIA director, who were close to the General and often had lunch or dinner with him to discuss business. Meetings were often held at the Mayflower hotel. He also was the key negotiator who set up the ownership of the HSBC bank[6] by the CIA among other well-known world banks.

Rodney Stich (2008-05-01). Explosive Secrets of Covert CIA Companies (p. 16). Silverpeak Enterprises, Inc.. Kindle Edition.

Until now the affidavit has only been available as a series of individual image files. I have uploaded a PDF version of it to Scribd, where it can be easily read and downloaded.

So your only evidence comes from Stich? He is not exactly the most credible source, he makes all sorts of claims based on nothing but supposed confidential sources. He claimed to have tapes recorded by CIA agents of Rockefeller speaking to Hoover in which they implicated themselves and others in the JFK assassination. Supposedly he gave the tapes to Larry McDonald just before the congressman was killed in the KAL 007 shootdown, but never explained why he failed to make copies of the supposed tapes.

#4 Daniel Burnet

Daniel Burnet

Experienced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:21 PM

So your only evidence comes from Stich? He is not exactly the most credible source

I don't take Stitch at his word. However, he did a good job of summarizing the deposition - which I linked to. I was too tired and too busy at the moment to write a summary myself and since the emails passage was right next to Stitch's summary of the deposition, I included that.

I'd also check Crimes of Patriots.

Also, please don't say things like "your only evidence." This isn't my evidence. I didn't go out and find it, and I haven't taken the time to vet it. I'm putting it up here so others can review it. It isn't my evidence, it is simply evidence - and up to the individual whether or not that's good evidence.

I have no horse in this race, please don't assume I do. I've gotten this before, where people assume I have an agenda or belief about something when I really don't.

Notice I didn't call the thread Project Hammer or Rodney Stitch says - it's Brigadier General Erle Cocke, Jr. I thought people might to examine his role in numerous affairs a little bit more closely.

Edited by Daniel Burnet, 01 November 2012 - 02:23 PM.

#5 Daniel Burnet

Daniel Burnet

Experienced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:38 PM

From Crimes of Patriots:

Herman was surprised to find that Nugan Hand's Washington phone number led to the public relations firm of Cocke & Phillips International. One partner in the firm, Eugene Phillips, assured reporter Herman that he and his partner, Erle Cocke, Jr., had nothing to do with Nugan Hand, and merely allowed Admiral Yates to use
their firm as his office. Though Herman had no choice but to accept the statement at the time, the evidence suggests it simply wasn't true-as was largely acknowledged, in interviews, by the firm's leading partner, Brigadier General Erle Cocke, Jr.

COCKE: A World War II hero, he then held various Pentagon posts throughout the 1950s and 1960s, including civilian aide to the Secretary of the Army, while also working as an executive of Delta and-simultaneously-Peruvian airlines (Washington office). Obviously able to wear many hats, Cocke was an executive director of the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development during the same period. He is a past National Commander of the American Legion. Named honorary commander of the Nationalist Chinese air force, he also received the French Legion of Honor and equivalent top medals from Spain, the Philippines, and Italy.

Treasury Department records show that General Cocke registered as the "person in charge" of Nugan Hand's Washington office. The general says he must have been registered as such by Admiral Yates, who he says never told him about it. But he agrees he's a good friend of Yates. He also agrees he met with Hand, Nugan, and Houghton in Washington and Hong Kong, that he arranged high-level meetings for Yates and Nugan in Jimmy Carter's White House (Cocke is a native Georgian who had strong ties there) to discuss Nugan Hand involvement in resettling Indo-Chinese refugees, and that he frequently talked with and even counseled at least one Nugan Hand depositor.

On May 14, 1979, Admiral Yates filed a legally required form with the U.S. secretary of the treasury in Washington ("Attn: Office of International Banking and Portfolio Investment"), registering Nugan Hand International, Inc., of 1629 K Street, N.W., Washington, as the American representative office of the Nugan Hand Bank and several other Nugan Hand affiliates. The office, he submitted, was engaged in "liaison and international trade related advisory services" and "public relations."

In the space for "name of person or persons in charge of the representative office," Yates listed two names: his own, and that of Brigadier General Erie Cocke. Cocke was a Dawson, Georgia, boy, whose acquaintanceship with residents of the Georgia-dominated Jimmy Carter White House was being exploited for all it was worth in those years. Cocke's consulting business was called Cocke & Phillips International, and it had the same address as Nugan Hand International. In fact, Nugan Hand's office was in Cocke's office.

Besides his Georgia connections, Cocke had a name of his own that he could exploit. His entry in Who's Who in America includes the following passage: "Entered U.S. Army as It. Inf. [Iieutendant, infantry], 1941; wounded 3 times; prisoner of war 3 times (actually 'executed' by German firing squad and delivered the coup de grace but survived, 1945); disch. as major, Inf., 1946; brig. gen. N.G. [National Guard]." There follows a list of citations eight tiny-type lines long, from the Silver Star to the Chamber of Commerce award as outstanding young man of the year, 1949.

Cocke had gone on to hold various posts at the Defense Department, was an executive at Delta Airlines, and for a while served as national commander of the American Legion.

General Cocke says he never knew that his good friend Admiral Yates had registered him with the Treasury Department as the "person in charge" of Nugan Hand's office. He says he thought Nugan Hand was just renting space from him, though he agrees they shared a phone number, address, and receptionist.

Yates told the Stewart Royal Commission that Cocke was a consultant to Nugan Hand, attended an International Monetary Fund meeting as its representative, and let Bernie Houghton use his office on business related to American clients whose money was taken in Saudi Arabia.

The commission found a letter Yates wrote to Hand saying that Cocke was to be paid $2,000 a month, though both Yates and Cocke said payments were never actually made. The commission reported as a finding of fact that Cocke "agreed to work as a consultant for Nugan Hand (while retaining his own consultancy practice) and assisted Admiral Yates in the formation of Nugan Hand (International) Inc."

Cocke acknowledges he visited Nugan Hand's office in Hong Kong, and that he welcomed Messrs. Nugan, Hand, and Houghton in Washington. He acknowledges he arranged White House meetings for Admiral Yates and Frank Nugan to advance their plans to move Indo-Chinese refugees to a Caribbean island, and to salvage U.S. military equipment. But General Cocke denies that he ever did any work for the Nugan Hand deposit-taking enterprise.

Enter Moosavi Nejad, 52, an Iranian lawyer, who says otherwise. Nejad, his wife, and their four young children sought refuge in the United States from Khomeini justice in 1979. In the Cocke-Nugan Hand suite, he gave $30,000 to Nugan Hand representative George Farris, a Green Beret veteran whom Hand had befriended in Asia. According to Farris's army records, he also served as a "Military Intelligence Coordinator."

On Farris's instructions, he turned over a check for $30,000, which Farris forwarded to the Nugan Hand Bank account at Irving Trust in New York City.

General Cocke flatly denies Nejad's assertions that the general reassured him time and again about the safety of the deposit, though the general agrees they met in the K Street office and talked often. Nejad says Cocke told him, "Your money is in good hands. This bank is all right. Don't worry. I have even deposited there. I have been to Hong Kong [to see the bank]."

While denying the sales pitch, Cocke does agree that he told Nejad early on that he had $30,000 of his own money invested in Nugan Hand-more than Nejad. And he agrees that after the bank's collapse, he gave Nejad the name of a Hong Kong lawyer to represent him in the bankruptcy, and that the lawyer was Nugan Hand's
former in-house counsel, Elizabeth Thomson (who declines to talk to a reporter).

General Cocke says he lost the money he had invested in Nugan Hand. Nejad says General Cocke told him the deposit was retrieved after the collapse, and that Nejad could get his money, too, if he went to Hong Kong and hired Ms. Thomson. "He said, 'If you want to keep your money from going away, hire this lady.'" Nejad hired American counsel instead.

General Cocke admits he "made a terrible mistake to have rented them [Nugan Hand] space." But he says he is still friendly with Farris-and with Admiral Yates, who he says "was just as much a victim as everybody else."

#6 Daniel Burnet

Daniel Burnet

Experienced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:45 PM

Confirmation of his father's position:
http://books.google.... cocke"&f=false

See also, Caro's Master of the Senate: The Years of Lyndon Johnson

"Although Atlanta banker Erle Cocke Sr. had the title of Russel's "convention manager," most of the contacts with individual delegates were handled by the young Texan whose political competence was already well known in Washington.

As well as a bio entry for him

#7 Daniel Burnet

Daniel Burnet

Experienced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:49 PM

https://www.maryferr...sPageId=1605062

Does anyone else have any information on him?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users