The Education Forum

New Edition of Gaeton Fonzi's Last Investigation

Marie Fonzi tells me that there is a new edition of Last Investigation being published by Skyhorse Publishing Co. "You can see the beautiful cover on Amazon.com. There are newly released photos of Gaet - my favorite is the one of him in front of the Capitol under the photo of Gonzales where the caption says Fonzi was never in Washington. I wrote the new Preface, which is filled with excerpts of Gaet's speeches and articles."

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Last-Investigation-Insiders-about-Assassination/dp/1626360782/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1377593892&sr=1-1&keywords=Gaeton+Fonzi

post-7-0-15841200-1377594311.jpg

Guest Robert Morrow

Antonio Veciana is a huge fan of Gaeton Fonzi and Veciana also speaks very highly of Fonzi's book The Last Investigation.

I spoke with Veciana about this topic in summer 2013 (this summer).

Veciana confirmed yet again that he saw Oswald with David Atlee Phillips in late August, 1963, in Dallas, TX, just before he was supposed to meet with his CIA handler Phillips (Maurice Bishop).

In my opinion, there is absolutely no way whatsoever that Veciana himself was involved in the JFK assassination.

Veciana did say he thought David Morales and David Atlee Phillips were involved in JFK's murder. I do not know how he came to this conclusion.

It's a lovely looking edition and nicely priced too. I've been re-reading the old softcover recently but will probably get this to have a definitive edition on my shelf.

Veciana makes an impression in Fonzi's book and his encounters with Phillips in that volume are very memorable. Hope's he's doing okay these days.

• 3 months later...

Antonio Veciana is a huge fan of Gaeton Fonzi and Veciana also speaks very highly of Fonzi's book The Last Investigation.

I spoke with Veciana about this topic in summer 2013 (this summer).

Veciana confirmed yet again that he saw Oswald with David Atlee Phillips in late August, 1963, in Dallas, TX, just before he was supposed to meet with his CIA handler Phillips (Maurice Bishop).

In my opinion, there is absolutely no way whatsoever that Veciana himself was involved in the JFK assassination.

Veciana did say he thought David Morales and David Atlee Phillips were involved in JFK's murder. I do not know how he came to this conclusion.

[emphasis added by T. Graves]

Bumped for Chris Newton who was recently wondering, on the "Bishop" thread, when it was "exactly" that Veciana saw Maurice Bishop (Dave Phillips) with Oswald in a downtown Dallas bank. The above "late August" statement by Veciana via Robert Morrow is the most detailed dating of the meeting I've seen so far. (I read somewhere recently that the HSCA thought it happened sometime in August or September, 1963.)

--Tommy :sun

Edited by Thomas Graves