The Education Forum

TAGUE's Curb

Robert, He does not know which shot hit him. He does recollect that the first shot sounded like a firecracker and that the 2nd and 3rd shots sounded different. He also remarked that the 2nd and 3rd shots happened in quick succession, at maybe a 1 to 1.5 second interval. He stated he heard a total of three shots.

He had no idea at the time of the shooting what had happened in the Limo.

There also seems to be quite a bit of controversy pertaining to the FBI and the curb according to Tague. I don't have the details on that, sorry.

As I said before, I have often wondered about the Tague shot for years, but when one puts the situation in the right perspective, by that I mean, in the moment, Mr Tague would not have had the thought "Well, I'll just make myself famous, I'll say I was hit at the same time the President of the United States was". It is my opinion that Mr Tague was hit by a piece of the curb or bullet during the shooting of the president.

Personal experience: A little piece of shrapnel hit the TC's hatch on my M1 tank and then struck my left shoulder leaving a scratch. I never felt anything at all. The next morning, while waiting merrily in the chow line for my cold green eggs and coffee, the Sgt. behind me said, "Holy xxxx Sgt. Newton, the back of your MOPP suit is covered in blood." The only thing I had noticed when getting out of my track was that my left sock felt wet and squishy for some unknown reason.

A witness standing between Commerce and Main Streets, near the Triple Overpass, James Tague, reported a stinging sensation on his cheek coinciding with the sound of the second gunshot. A fresh ballistic impact mark was discovered on the concrete curb of Main Street about fifteen feet away from where he was standing, and at a recorded location of 23.5 feet from the juncture of the southern curb of Main and the eastern edge of the Triple Overpass. You will see in the photo to the left here that this mark has a distinctive linear component of about 40 degrees from the curb face.

Read full story here.

http://kegisland.com/tague--curb-missile-strike.html

I'm not convinced by any points here (including my own). Hard evidence is a photo or a witness describing the wound and the blood drop/s. Hard evidence is a complete timeline.

btw I'm not suggesting the blood drop/s was/were there while between work and dp. I suggest that a hyped up rather dissolute looking young chap on the way to his bride to be witnessing what he saw could conceivably cause a healing nick to open and sweat/salt cause a momentary sting. The little blood ooze stops cooling by the wind and the cut is 'anaesthatised', blood drop/s surface clots almost instantaneously and the fibrin in the blood immediately starts to close the nick.

That was rather amusing to write all that. What really drives me is a consideration about what if the Tague shot was not in the picture ever.

Boy, John, that is putting it out there in the way that i have been going back and forth for years. I finally wrote above that it happened as reported, but I have been leaning toward a razor cut the whole time, just didn't want to say it. I would not purposely discredit Mr.Tague for any reason, but this could certainly would change the whole landscape of things.

John and Terry,

I think that if the Warren Commission had found a way to "dispose" of the Tague shot and curb testimony they would have gladly done that. Tague does not report noticing that he was bleeding until Wathers points out the blood. Walthers in his WC testimony doesn't remember anything about Tague bleeding because he states that he was intent on finding where the shots came from and "...at the time I wasn't interested in whether he was cut or not…".

Note that Walther, in his WC testimony was absolutely sure that the mark on the curb was a "...fresh ricochet mark. I have seen them…"

Yet the kinetic energy that this bullet fragment carried was just enough to momentarily sting Tague and had it not been for the blood this presumable aggregate of concrete fragments were not in any way supported by any comments of any person in any of the cars behind him, yet to Walthers it was a definite ricochet? Why would he use the word ricochet anyway? All he can reasonably say is that there was a chipped out bit of concrete that was not as polluted as the surrounding concrete. Given that the torchoid-wheel weight clip and lead strike is not at all unusual an argument can be made it is to be expected to find such marks. I read somewhere that if the tague shot had not been in the picture the sbt would not have been necessary but it allowed for the witnessed shot sequences and allowed for the missing shot and discounted the need to explain the bullet that hit Kennedy and then the bullet that hit Connally which instantly was recognised as a strong indicator of multiple shooters. I got a rough idea that Tom has taken this further and created another scenario that accounts for all injurires and does not need a 'missing bullet', Anyway, I'm still not convinced of anything. In time perhaps an irrefutable piece of evidence or reasoning will appear that satisfies even me.

• 6 months later...
Good Day.... Thank You to the several kindly researchers that have confirmed that the curb section near JAMES TAGUE that was impacted by one of the assassination bullets fragments was removed on 8-5-64.
(in at least one documentary, possibly "TMWKK", I have watched a segment that shows probable Dallas city workers sectioning-out and removing a bullet fragment-impacted section)
This brings me to an interesting question that maybe someone can help answer....
As is clearly documented in the following 5-31-64-dated Dealey Plaza map....
.... surveyed by ROBERT H. WEST (the longtime Dallas County Surveyor for Dallas County before/during/after the assassination who after 11-22-63 also worked for several government and media persons investigating the assassination), Mr. WEST has indicated the precise location where a bullet fragment impacted that same curb section near Mr. TAGUE.
On his DP map, along with arrowing that bullet impact location, Mr. WEST has written,
" SECTION OF CURB REMOVED "
( "removed" = past tense )
Can you provide any fact(s) ((or even just your opinion)) as to why Mr. WEST wrote on a 5-31-64-dated survey map that the section of the curb that was bullet fragment-impacted had already been removed 66 days before 8-5-64?
Several months ago I asked TOM PURVIS (before he passed-on) if he knew any facts about this because Mr. PURVIS claimed to have known Mr. WEST.
Mr. PURVIS had never noticed that Mr. WEST had 5-31-64-written that the section had already been "removed," and he stated that he and Mr. WEST had never discussed these discrepancies related to the bullet fragment-impacted curb section.
Best Regards in Research,

+ ++Don

Donald Roberdeau
United States Navy
U.S.S. John F. Kennedy, CV-67, plank walker
Sooner, or later, The Truth emerges Clearly

For your key considerations + independent determinations....

Homepages Website: President KENNEDY "Men of Courage" speech, and Assassination Evidence,
Witnesses, Photographers, Outstanding Researchers Discoveries, Suspects, + Key Considerations....
http://droberdeau.blogspot.com/2009/08/1-men-of-courage-jfk-assassination_09.html

The Dealey Plaza Detailed Map: Documented 11-22-63 Victims Precise Locations +
Reactions, Evidence, Witnesses Locations, Photographers, Suspected Bullet Trajectories,
Outstanding Researchers Discoveries, + Important Information + Key Considerations, in
One Convenient Resource....
(updated map, + new information)

Visual Report: The First Bullet Impact Into President Kennedy: While JFK was Still Hidden
Under the "Magic-limbed-ricochet-tree"....

Visual Report: Reality Versus C.A.D. : the Real World, versus, Garbage-in-garbage-out....
http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/5066/jsf.gif

Discovery: "Very Close JFK Assassination Witness ROSEMARY WILLIS
Zapruder Film Documented 2nd Head Snap:
West, Ultrafast, and Directly
Towards the Grassy Knoll"....

T ogether
E veryone
A chieves
M ore

For the United States:
Edited by Don Roberdeau

• 1 month later...
.... Good Day .... It has been privately speculated by a fellow long time researcher that the 5-31-64 date Mr. WEST wrote on the referenced surveyed map was the date that his surveyors license was renewed.

That cannot be for the simple reason that the date Mr. WEST has written on several of his different DP maps is different for each of those several different maps. (if the date was his licensing date then that date would remain the same on each of his different maps)

While being shown one of his differently-dated DP maps during his 1969 testimony in the CLAY LaVERGNE SHAW trial, he also answered a question about that different DP map's date when he testified to the date of that DP map being drawn as 4-31-64.

The question remains: Does anyone have any facts or opinion as to why Mr. WEST wrote that the TAGUE curb had already been "REMOVED" 66-days before a curb section was filmed being removed 8-5-64?

(The very important, possibly revealing, consideration of there currently existing, according to several sources, a foreign-substance patch covering-over the bullet/bullet fragment impacted point on a primary evidence, copperless curb section in the U.S. National Archives is, indeed, a very interesting and separate
consideration)

Best Regards in Research,

+ ++Don

Donald Roberdeau
United States Navy
U.S.S. John F. Kennedy, CV-67, plank walker
Sooner, or later, The Truth emerges Clearly

For your key considerations + independent determinations....

Homepages Website: President KENNEDY "Men of Courage" speech, and Assassination Evidence,
Witnesses, Photographers, Outstanding Researchers Discoveries, Suspects, + Key Considerations....
http://droberdeau.blogspot.com/2009/08/1-men-of-courage-jfk-assassination_09.html

The Dealey Plaza Detailed Map: Documented 11-22-63 Victims Precise Locations +
Reactions, Evidence, Witnesses Locations, Photographers, Suspected Bullet Trajectories,
Outstanding Researchers Discoveries, + Important Information + Key Considerations, in
One Convenient Resource....
(updated map, + new information)

Visual Report: The First Bullet Impact Into President Kennedy: While JFK was Still Hidden
Under the "Magic-limbed-ricochet-tree"....

Visual Report: Reality Versus C.A.D. : the Real World, versus, Garbage-in-garbage-out....
http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/5066/jsf.gif

Discovery: "Very Close JFK Assassination Witness ROSEMARY WILLIS
Zapruder Film Documented 2nd Head Snap:
West, Ultrafast, and Directly
Towards the Grassy Knoll"....

T ogether
E veryone
A chieves
M ore

For the United States:
Edited by Don Roberdeau