The Education Forum

Who supports/promotes the shills?

how would i have known it's your own website if i didn't click on it, David?

Easy. By the visible URL (jfk-archives.blogspot...).

But here's the translation of Glenn's post above....

Glenn DID click the link, but when he found out that it said "DVP's Archives", he immediately left the page without bothering to check any of the source links DVP provided to back up the things he was saying in the article regarding John Connally's bullet fragments.

True or false, Glenn?

the difference in Pat's website and yours is probably the credibility and content.

Yeah, prob'ly.

~eyeroll~

Of course he [Patrick J. Speer] can cite his own website.

But you don't like the idea of me doing the same thing, right?

Nice double standard, Glenn.

Easy. By the visible URL (jfk-archives.blogspot...).

* How does that tell me it's yours, David?

True or false, Glenn?

* False, I read until i got to the part about someone shaving minute sections of lead from the lead core of the butt of the bullet.

Nice double standard, Glenn

* Not a double standard at all. I know what kind of material you present, and I know what kind he presents. His is credible in a good defense; yours is not. In fact, you'd be properly advised NOT to use your own material if you actually intend to be convincing.

any other questions, Dave?

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i mean, not that I'll reply, but fire away...

Time for a word or two in defense of the people who usually and predictably get slagged in threads like these: They are not stupid, they do not have a lesser knowledge of the evidence and they are not shills, agents or paid agents. They are sincere people who, whether you like it or not, interpret things differently than you, and they deserve the same courtesies as you, like not being constantly called names and put down.

this is my first real foray into a forum such as this, and i've been very impressed by the fantastic intellect in those with whom i do and do not agree. before this venture i would have laughed at the idea of someone spending this much energy and time just trying to dissuade others from getting in the longer line for no real reason. i don't scoff at that any more.

none of us are idiots - i value everyone's opinions. i don't value a transparent agenda in the face of good, solid reasoning, sincerity notwithstanding.

interpretation is one thing. denial is another (i'm a recovered alcoholic - i don't judge denial either). but plain bad logic is hard to put up with, and is what makes me think that there ARE shills, for whatever motive.

just plain old bad reasoning is what kills the credibility, in my mind, not interpretation or opinion.

So you think you have something interesting on your site. I've been there, didn't see anything worth while [sic].

Boy, there's a real surprise, Ken. A CTer finding none of the actual evidence against Oswald "worthwhile".

That's something brand new, huh?

There is NO evidence against Oswald, that's why what you have isn't interesting

Interpretation is one thing. Denial is another.

I completely agree.

Just check out the "SBT / Lapel Flip" thread for the true definition of "denial". It's vividly illustrated HERE.

just plain old bad reasoning is what kills the credibility, in my mind, not interpretation or opinion.

Hear, hear!

Such as the type of bad reasoning possessed by many conspiracy theorists that allows them to consider the idea that Lee Oswald was being framed in advance of the assassination, but despite that alleged fact, the real assassins decided to shoot John Kennedy with at least TWO rifles (in both front and rear locations) on 11/22/63.

Shouldn't THAT type of "bad reasoning" automatically "kill the credibility" of the person advancing such a cockeyed theory?

Edited by David Von Pein

Time for a word or two in defense of the people who usually and predictably get slagged in threads like these: They are not stupid, they do not have a lesser knowledge of the evidence and they are not shills, agents or paid agents. They are sincere people who, whether you like it or not, interpret things differently than you, and they deserve the same courtesies as you, like not being constantly called names and put down.

Stephen, I haven't been here long, but I haven't seen this "like not being constantly called names and put down." that you refer to. I do see standard terminology, Nutters and Cter's but that just for simplicity. Put down? Proven wrong? isn't that what both sides are doing?

Not a double standard at all. I know what kind of material you present, and I know what kind he [Pat Speer] presents. His is credible in a good defense; yours is not. In fact, you'd be properly advised NOT to use your own material if you actually intend to be convincing.

And none of the source material I present is "credible" either, is that correct?

IOW, the only "credible" and "convincing" stuff is the material put up by CTers. Right, Glenn? Despite the fact that no CTer in history has ever produced any solid (or physical) evidence to PROVE their claims of a JFK conspiracy. Gotcha.

Edited by David Von Pein

There is NO evidence against Oswald, that's why what you have isn't interesting

What was I just saying about "denial"? Ken is living, breathing proof of it.

And yet you still fail to produce any, the same as everyone else. When someone comes up with some evidence, we'll all know about it. 51+ years and still none. That's not denial, that's fact.

How does that ["JFK-Archives..." URL] tell me it's yours, David?

Well, you're right, it wouldn't automatically tell you that info if you've never visited any of my pages previously. But I assumed (perhaps incorrectly) that perhaps you *had* visited at least one of my "JFK Archives" pages in the past since 2010. I must have been mistaken in assuming that. Sorry.

Edited by David Von Pein

Not a double standard at all. I know what kind of material you present, and I know what kind he presents. His is credible in a good defense; yours is not. In fact, you'd be properly advised NOT to use your own material if you actually intend to be convincing.

And none of the source material I present is "credible" either, is that correct?

IOW, the only "credible" and "convincing" stuff is the material put up by CTers. Right, Glenn? Despite the fact that no CTer in history has ever produced any solid (or physical) evidence to PROVE their claims of a JFK conspiracy.

There has been very much proof of 'a' conspiracy because it has been clearly proven that there were more than one shooter and that single fact alone 'proves' a conspiracy. It does not 'prove' 'who' was involved, but it does prove 'a' conspiracy and that simple proof is the disproof that it was LHO. So you should stop talking about evidence to 'prove' a conspiracy, that is way in the past....

How does that ["JFK-Archives..." URL] tell me it's yours, David?

Well, you're right, it wouldn't automatically tell you that info if you've never visited any of my pages previously. But I assumed (perhaps incorrectly) that perhaps you *had* visited at least one of my "JFK Archives" pages in the past since 2010. I must have been mistaken in assuming that. Sorry.

just for the record " jfk-archives.blogspot..." will not link you to anything.. just click on that and see where you go.

Not a double standard at all. I know what kind of material you present, and I know what kind he presents. His is credible in a good defense; yours is not. In fact, you'd be properly advised NOT to use your own material if you actually intend to be convincing.

IOW, the only "credible" and "convincing" stuff is the material put up by CTers. Right, Glenn? Despite the fact that no CTer in history has ever produced any solid (or physical) evidence to PROVE their claims of a JFK conspiracy.

There are many people properly convicted and in prison based solely on circumstantial evidence. In fact, most people who are being exonerated are the ones who were convicted on "eye-witness" testimony.

a little perspective...

There are many people properly convicted and in prison based solely on circumstantial evidence. In fact, most people who are being exonerated are the ones who were convicted on "eye-witness" testimony.

a little perspective...

But CTers have no "solid" circumstantial evidence that PROVES any conspiracy either, IMO.

But, Glenn, you seem to be more reasonable than Ken "There is NO evidence against Oswald" Drew (can you even believe for one second anyone could utter such a thing?)....

Anyway, I was just wondering if you, Glenn Nall, could answer two quick questions for me (because I haven't read enough of your online posts to know what your thoughts are on these two major points)....

1.) Do you believe Lee Harvey Oswald was being "set up" as a fall guy for JFK's murder in advance of 11/22/63?

2.) Do you think that JFK was killed by gunmen firing at the President from both the front and the rear of JFK's limo?

Thank you.

Edited by David Von Pein