The Education Forum

Kennedy Videos

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is Connally doing here, Ray? Could he be "reacting" to a bullet injury? This clip ends at Z225....

Z-FilmClipSBTInMotion3.gif

Yes, he could well be reacting to a bullet, but one being fired and not being hit. Why do you think Connally is wrong with when he says he was hit?

Because it doesn't fit your scenario?

So, even though he HASN'T yet been hit (according to you)---but he WILL be getting hit in the right wrist in just another couple of seconds---it's just a coincidence that Connally raises his right arm very quickly at Z226?

IOW -- Do you think the "arm/hat flip" was caused merely by John Connally HEARING the sound of a gunshot?

109.+Z225-Z226+Toggling+Clip.gif

Edited by David Von Pein

Ray, Dave:

Me and Bob and Ken have all left the field. I mean I think I accomplished what I set out to do, especially on the fictional rifle order.

If you keep on feeding the xxxxx, then you allow him to keep up this exhibition of nonsense which was already discredited by James, just a few weeks ago.

I mean I have no interest in doing this any more. And neither should you.

If you keep on feeding the xxxxx [T-word], then you allow him [David Von Pein] to keep up this exhibition of nonsense which was already discredited by James [Gordon], just a few weeks ago.

"Discredited by James"? Oh brother, that's a laugh.

The CTer excuses and SBT denials are truly a sight to behold in that discussion here at The Education Forum a few months ago. It's one of my very favorite pages to revisit (the one I've archived below), because like no other discussion I can think of, it exemplifies the truly desperate status of the Anti-SBT crowd.....

jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2015/01/jfk-assassination-arguments-part-887.html

Edited by David Von Pein

Ray, Dave:

Me and Bob and Ken have all left the field. I mean I think I accomplished what I set out to do, especially on the fictional rifle order.

If you keep on feeding the xxxxx, then you allow him to keep up this exhibition of nonsense which was already discredited by James, just a few weeks ago.

You are probably right, Jim. It's just that he spouts so much rubbish, I find it hard not to reply. I'll try to take your advice.

If you keep on feeding the xxxxx [T-word], then you allow him [David Von Pein] to keep up this exhibition of nonsense which was already discredited by James [Gordon], just a few weeks ago.

"Discredited by James"? Oh brother, that's a laugh.

The CTer excuses and SBT denials are truly a sight to behold in that discussion here at The Education Forum a few months ago. It's one of my very favorite pages to revisit (the one I've archived below), because like no other discussion I can think of, it exemplifies the truly desperate status of the Anti-SBT crowd.....

jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2015/01/jfk-assassination-arguments-part-887.html

WOW! You're the last to know DVP, A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! Only safe place is .John's (AAJ) David. I can just see it now, you and Marsh holdin' court... Appropriate to finish there, don't ya think?

...in case you haven't noticed[,] your film clip here is also rotating around it's [sic] y-axis (where 'y' is UP)...

But you'll be happy to know that it's snowing in the mountains.

LOL.gif

follow the bouncing ball Sherlock. The last resort of a failure, is punctuation.....Focus: the y-axis. I know it's difficult what with the drubbing you've been taking at the AMAZON forum, you'll limp through for another month or so....

Ben Holmes make you a believer yet? lmao!

Ray, Dave:

you're right Jim... he loses the feeders, he's done!

• 3 months later...

E-Mail Subject: Dan Rather

Date: Nov. 27, 2015

To: David Von Pein

---------------

DVP:

You stated that Dan Rather reported that JFK was transferred to an ambulance. I am aware that AP reported that factoid at about 12:49 CST (approx., I’m writing this from memory), but I did not know that Dan Rather actually read that dispatch over the air.

My request: could you please point me to the source of that particular piece of sound?

Your have archived quite a few radio stations on your YouTube channel, and I have no idea which one might be the one that carried that particular report.

Could you please point me to the source?

I would appreciate that.

Thank you.

DSL

================================================

DVP's Reply:

Here it is (linked below). It's a CBS radio report by Dan Rather, with Rather saying that JFK "was taken into an ambulance and rushed to Dallas' Parkland Hospital". This occurs at the 8:57 mark of Part 1 of my WCCO-Radio (Minneapolis) series, which equates to about 12:55 PM CST:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKonJj5E7uc&feature=youtu.be&list=PL0O5WNzrZqIPhgrlQXBmFIQtrdtAbxddF&t=536

And in video form, here's Dan Rather narrating a film and saying that an ambulance had transported JFK to Parkland (it's at the 2:13:02 mark in Part 2 of my 5-part CBS-TV series):

http://jfk-assassination-as-it-happened.blogspot.com/2012/03/cbs-tv.html

DVP

DAVID VON PEIN NOW SAYS (ON DECEMBER 2, 2015):

FYI for David Lifton....

I thought David might want to know of another instance in which a TV reporter said that JFK had been taken to Parkland Hospital in an ambulance. I noticed today in my NBC-TV coverage that Chet Huntley of NBC News also erroneously reported very early in the NBC coverage on 11/22/63 that the wounded President had been "transferred to an ambulance". That clip with Huntley comes 10 minutes and 35 seconds into Part 1 of my new high-quality version of the NBC assassination coverage (below), which equates to about 1:00 PM Dallas time.

Addendum:

Walter Cronkite of CBS also mentions the "ambulance" in his second bulletin that aired on CBS-TV at 12:43 PM CST. So I'm guessing that I could easily find similar references to the same incorrect AP report about the ambulance on ABC as well. If one network was saying it, you can bet they all were.

Edited by David Von Pein

E-Mail Subject: Dan Rather

Date: Nov. 27, 2015

To: David Von Pein

---------------

DVP:

You stated that Dan Rather reported that JFK was transferred to an ambulance. I am aware that AP reported that factoid at about 12:49 CST (approx., I’m writing this from memory), but I did not know that Dan Rather actually read that dispatch over the air.

My request: could you please point me to the source of that particular piece of sound?

Your have archived quite a few radio stations on your YouTube channel, and I have no idea which one might be the one that carried that particular report.

Could you please point me to the source?

I would appreciate that.

Thank you.

DSL

DVP's Reply:

Here it is (linked below). It's a CBS radio report by Dan Rather, with Rather saying that JFK "was taken into an ambulance and rushed to Dallas' Parkland Hospital". This occurs at the 8:57 mark of Part 1 of my WCCO-Radio (Minneapolis) series, which equates to about 12:55 PM CST:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKonJj5E7uc&feature=youtu.be&list=PL0O5WNzrZqIPhgrlQXBmFIQtrdtAbxddF&t=536

And in video form, here's Dan Rather narrating a film and saying that an ambulance had transported JFK to Parkland (it's at the 2:13:02 mark in Part 2 of my 5-part CBS-TV series):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzqkcC7r96o&feature=youtu.be&list=PL0O5WNzrZqIMRSDT19pXjBuGLcXKqS-3r&t=7982

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzqkcC7r96o

DVP

DAVID VON PEIN NOW SAYS (ON DECEMBER 2, 2015):

FYI for David Lifton....

I thought David might want to know of another instance in which a TV reporter said that JFK had been taken to Parkland Hospital in an ambulance. I noticed today in my NBC-TV coverage that Chet Huntley of NBC News also erroneously reported very early in the NBC coverage on 11/22/63 that the wounded President had been "transferred to an ambulance". That clip with Huntley comes 10 minutes and 35 seconds into Part 1 of my new high-quality version of the NBC assassination coverage (below), which equates to about 1:00 PM Dallas time.

Addendum:

Walter Cronkite of CBS also mentions the "ambulance" in his second bulletin that aired on CBS-TV at 12:43 PM CST (at the 13:51 mark in the video below). So I'm guessing that I could easily find similar references to the same incorrect AP report about the ambulance on ABC as well. If one network was saying it, you can bet they all were.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0qdvCQY22g?list=PL0O5WNzrZqIMRSDT19pXjBuGLcXKqS-3r&t=831

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0qdvCQY22g

The CBS-TV Part 1 coverage posted here has been edited from 2:24:23 - 2:24:33. Who did this and why?

Ken

There's no missing footage there, Ken. The "edit" you detect is merely a "splice" that I made when stringing together my earlier 85-part version of the CBS coverage (yes, 85 parts!) to make it the current 5-part version.* The splice is detectable in the audio, but there is no footage cut out at all.

* Prior to about 2011, YouTube would only allow a maximum of 11 minutes per video. But that restriction is no longer in effect, so I re-edited my 85-part (10 minutes each) series into just five parts.

Edited by David Von Pein

There's no missing footage there, Ken. The "edit" you detect is merely a "splice" that I made when stringing together my earlier 85-part version of the CBS coverage (yes, 85 parts!) to make it the current 5-part version.* The splice is detectable in the audio, but there is no footage cut out at all.

* Prior to about 2011, YouTube would only allow a maximum of 11 minutes per video. But that restriction is no longer in effect, so I re-edited my 85-part (10 minutes each) series into just five parts.

Thanks, David.
I remember your earlier 85-part version of the CBS assassination coverage quite well. In particular, parts 14 and 15. I noticed Cronkite's considerably and significantly-edited "10 second" station break back then as well.
That's why on September 24, 2010 I asked you about it in a thread on this forum. As far as I can tell, I never received a response.
If you didn't edit it -- and I'll take you for your word that you didn't -- then I'd like to find out who did.
Are you aware that the station break announced by Cronkite after Dan Rather's first film report on the official CBS tape lasted much, much longer than 10 seconds?
Who did you get your copies from?
Ken

Are you aware that the station break announced by Cronkite after Dan Rather's first film report on the official CBS tape lasted much, much longer than 10 seconds?
Well, Ken, I suppose it's *possible* that when I first posted my 85-part series, and switched from one 10-minute segment to the next, I could have excised ("edited") a few seconds of DEAD SILENCE when the camera was focused on a static image of the American flag. Perhaps I felt that such an extensive period of DEAD SILENCE and flag viewing wasn't really necessary to retain as I went from one part to the next.
I can't really recall whether I cut out a few seconds of the dead silence or not. But perhaps I did, so that the next part in my 85-part version wouldn't be beginning with 10 seconds of dead silence.
But when I earlier said that "There's no missing footage", I was really thinking of footage where Walter Cronkite (or some other CBS reporter) was actually speaking and providing news. I wasn't really thinking about missing periods of DEAD SILENCE.
Is the possibility of a few seconds of total silence and dead air *really* an important issue to you, Ken?
If so, I must ask --- Why?*
* And I ask that question even though I, myself, definitely prefer all of my audio/video programs in my collection to be as "complete" and "unedited" as I can get them. But in this CBS instance, any "missing" footage amounts to pure nothingness (as far as actual "news content" is concerned). So why the need to belabor such a triviality?
Edited by David Von Pein

Well, Ken, I suppose it's *possible* that when I first posted my 85-part series, and switched from one 10-minute segment to the next, I could have excised ("edited") a few seconds of DEAD SILENCE when the camera was focused on a static image of the American flag. Perhaps I felt that such an extensive period of DEAD SILENCE and flag viewing wasn't really necessary to retain as I went from one part to the next.
I can't really recall whether I cut out a few seconds of the dead silence or not. But perhaps I did, so that the next part in my 85-part version wouldn't be beginning with 10 seconds of dead silence.
But when I earlier said that "There's no missing footage", I was really thinking of footage where Walter Cronkite (or some other CBS reporter) was actually speaking and providing news. I wasn't really thinking about missing periods of DEAD SILENCE.
Is the possibility of a few seconds of total silence and dead air *really* an important issue to you, Ken?
If so, I must ask --- Why?*
* And I ask that question even though I, myself, definitely prefer all of my audio/video programs in my collection to be as "complete" and "unedited" as I can get them. But in this CBS instance, any "missing" footage amounts to pure nothingness (as far as actual "news content" is concerned). So why the need to belabor such a triviality?
David,
You now concede that you may have edited Cronkite's station break "a few seconds" after Rather's critical "first films taken in the motorcade just after the assassination shots were heard" report (which, by the way, Cronkite interrupted while Rather continued reporting).
You refer to this possible edit of "a few seconds" three times in your post. Then you wonder if this is really important.
You finally ask:
"So why the need to belabor such a triviality?" By that, you mean the triviality of "a few seconds."
Only problem here:
I never said the edited footage was "a few seconds." You did.
I said it was significant and considerable. And I said the station break itself was much, much longer than 10 seconds.
This isn't a trivial matter. Moreover. . .
You obviously don't have a copy of the official CBS tape, nor have you even seen it.
So where did you get your copy? That would be a step in the right direction to find out who edited the station break way, way down to 10 seconds and, most importantly, why.
Ken
Edited by Ken Rheberg

Ken,

FYI....

I just now checked the raw (DVD-R) version of my CBS-TV 11/22/63 coverage. And, just as I suspected, when I switched from one 10-minute segment to the next (when I originally put together my 85-part CBS series several years ago), I edited out most of the complete silence that accompanied the "station break" that you are referring to, so that the succeeding 10-minute video in my series wouldn't be starting off with nothing but dead silence.

I timed the "station break" in my raw version, and it lasts for exactly 66 seconds. So, yes, it was, indeed, a lot longer than the "10 second" break that Cronkite said was going to occur. But the only thing on the screen during all of that 66-second period is the static image of an American flag (which is also seen for a few seconds in the version I have put on YouTube).

And in my raw version, which I purchased from another collector in about 2009, there is nothing being said by anyone during the 66-second station break, except for the words "...is Channel 2", which almost certainly refers to WCBS-TV (Channel 2) in New York City, which is the flagship station of the CBS network. However, I think those words were mistakenly broadcast, because it's not really the complete Channel 2 voiceover I.D.

My DVD has only a portion of the "Channel 2" station I.D., leading me to think it was inadvertently put on the air over the "CBS raw feed" version of the coverage, which I am almost certain IS the version I currently have -- because there are several other instances of "dead time" during station breaks and during the "As The World Turns" soap opera that is seen before Cronkite's first bulletin. And during those other "break" times, I have nothing but a blank (black) screen in my version of the coverage, with no local announcer cutting in to identify any station at all.

Anyway, hope this helps you a little, Ken.

/DVP

Edited by David Von Pein