The Education Forum

Now That It Has Been Verified That Prayer Man Is In Reality Prayer Woman

Guest Duncan MacRae

Dude attitude in the crossed arms, that's what I get.

It's always funny and cautionary at the same time when you see someone marry their pet theory.

When one presents speculation as fact one does dis-service to one's cause and generates group think in one's fans...

Just say'n

Until/unless we get a clearer copy/scan/whatever, it isn't "proven" whether Prayer Man is a man or a woman.

Until such time, we're sounding like a drunken Harry Caray in the broadcast booth: "It might be...it could be...IT IS!"

I'll reserve judgement until such a time as there is a clearer image. In the interim, I'll state that I believe that there is a better-than-even chance that the person in question is male, again using clues such as those pointed out by Mr. Davidson and by Mr. Varnell.

Until/unless we get a clearer copy/scan/whatever, it isn't "proven" whether Prayer Man is a man or a woman.

Until such time, we're sounding like a drunken Harry Caray in the broadcast booth: "It might be...it could be...IT IS!"

I'll reserve judgement until such a time as there is a clearer image. In the interim, I'll state that I believe that there is a better-than-even chance that the person in question is male, again using clues such as those pointed out by Mr. Davidson and by Mr. Varnell.

some are sounding off with, as you say Mark, "It might be...it could be...IT IS!"... Frankly utter foolishness.

Until I read the following thread here: http://www.reopenkennedycase.org/apps/forums/topics/show/13249659-fun-with-pictures?page=last

There appears a breath of sanity concerning the what is it: PM/PW issue... and possibly a reason for the issue in the first place.

As the above ROKC poster mentions: "But the real arguments for Oswald being Prayer Man are not the images. They are all the witness statements... ."

Makes one wonder why the great "bender of light" Craig Lampoon Lamson hasn't jumped on this with both feet.

Who'd a thunk Craig the lone nut version of Jack White...strangely silent, wonder why?

The witness statements perhaps? :)

Edited by David G. Healy

some are sounding off with, as you say Mark, "It might be...it could be...IT IS!"... Frankly utter foolishness.

Until I read the following thread here: http://www.reopenkennedycase.org/apps/forums/topics/show/13249659-fun-with-pictures?page=last

There appears a breath of sanity concerning the what is it: PM/PW issue... and possibly a reason for the issue in the first place.

As the above ROKC poster mentions: "But the real arguments for Oswald being Prayer Man are not the images. They are all the witness statements... ."

Makes one wonder why the great "bender of light" Craig Lampoon Lamson hasn't jumped on this with both feet.

Who'd a thunk Craig the lone nut version of Jack White...strangely silent, wonder why?

The witness statements perhaps? :)

Don't say his name three times!

From the look of the raised arm, Prayer Man looks to me like a guy who could be putting something (say, a pack of cigarettes) in his shirt pocket. (And a man is more likely to have a shirt pocket than a woman.) Only problem there is that it looks like the hand may be too low for a shirt pocket.

Out of curiosity, I looked at photos of the shirt Oswald was wearing when arrested. It appears to have no pockets at all.

I agree. The image is such an indistinct and unclear mess, who knows what it shows exactly? Nobody can KNOW for certain.

But I am certain it isn't Lee Harvey Oswald.

Frame-From-Wiegman-Film.jpg

Edited by David Von Pein

I'm guessing this has been done before, but I'll ask anyway (because I don't follow any of the "Prayer Man" threads to any great extent) ---

Has anyone done any work to enhance Tina Towner's film to search for the "Prayer Person" in that film? Towner's film unquestionably must have captured the "Prayer Person". Or is the Towner footage just simply too dark to be of much use?....

Edited by David Von Pein

As I said HERE in August 2013, it's interesting to note "Stetson Man" (on the left) as he seems to look up toward the upper floors of the TSBD just after the shots were fired....

prayermandesh12fps100c4k1m.gif

In addition, I noticed something else in the film frame below today....

It looks to me as if the man on the far right (in the foreground) might be looking UP toward the upper TSBD floors too. It's kind of hard to tell, but he might be. Does anyone agree? It's not the slightest bit important really, it's just something that caught my eye today....

Dealey-Plaza-TSBD-11-22-63.png

Edited by David Von Pein

Dude attitude in the crossed arms, that's what I get.

It's always funny and cautionary at the same time when you see someone marry their pet theory.

When one presents speculation as fact one does dis-service to one's cause and generates group think in one's fans...

Just say'n

While this comment was directed toward Duncan MacRea it applies equally to the ROKCer who wrote:

<quote on>

The beauty of all this is that this will haunt Duncan MacRae, Albert and/or Brian Doyle, Pat Speer (yes you too!!!), Craig Lamson (most mundane photographer on the planet), Mark Knight, Cliff Varnell and a few others for years to come.

<quote off>

Excuse me?

What's wrong with "dude attitude in the crossed arms?"

For that I'm like...Lamson?

Wow...the Red Herring Cult strikes again.

ROKCer people say they're sick of my concentration on the physical evidence yet if Greg Parker is any judge none of them understand a thing about my argument.

FWIW, I'm on a first name basis with a 2-time winner of the Los Angeles Drama Critics Circle Award for Costume Design.

I had planned on sending along a link to MacRea's "big button" photo comparison anticipating a hearty laugh at what a joke MacRea's argument is.

Now...y'all know where to stick it.

FWIW.....

I really have no idea if the "Prayer" person is a male or a female, but I took note of this statement in Commission Document No. 706 (also found in CE1381) by Mrs. Pauline Sanders, a 55-year-old white female, who was standing on the TOP STEP of the Book Depository Building at the time of the President's assassination.

Sanders, however, said she was standing on the EAST side of the top step, so that wouldn't exactly fit the bill for "Prayer Person's" position. But it's pretty close.

In her March 19, 1964, FBI statement, Mrs. Sanders said that another woman, Sarah Stanton (age 41), was "standing next to me" on the steps of the Depository. Here is Stanton's 3/18/64 FBI statement.

So that means there were definitely two different women (aged 55 and 41) standing on the steps of the TSBD during the time of the assassination (and very likely on the top step, and that looks like the same step where "Prayer Person" is located).

And here is an FBI report regarding an interview with Pauline Sanders on 11/24/63 (CE1434).

Frame-From-Wiegman-Film.jpg

Edited by David Von Pein