The Education Forum

The Girl in the Polka Dot Dress

FYI / FWIW,

Today (10/29/2016), I saw this ABC footage of the aftermath of the RFK assassination, which I had not seen before.
53 minutes into the video, there's a live interview with a girl who is wearing a dress with dots all over it. I'm wondering if this could be the famous "Girl in the Polka-Dot Dress"?....

P.S. / ADDENDUM --- In another part of the above video, I felt quite embarrassed for ABC anchorman Howard K. Smith, who kept insisting that the gunshots fired by the assassin were fired over a 60-second timespan, which is ludicrous, of course, given the eyewitness reports that had already been aired by the time Smith erroneously kept telling his viewers that three of the gunshots (60 seconds apart!) could be heard on the ABC videotape. That gaffe must have been embarrassing for Smith in later years.

dvp-video-audio-archive.blogspot.com/2012/03/assassination-of-robert-f-kennedy.html Edited by David Von Pein

FYI / FWIW,

Today (10/29/2016), I saw this ABC footage of the aftermath of the RFK assassination, which I had not seen before.

53 minutes into the video, there's a live interview with a girl who is wearing a dress with dots all over it. I'm wondering if this could be the famous "Girl in the Polka-Dot Dress"?....

P.S. / ADDENDUM --- In another part of the above video, I felt quite embarrassed for ABC anchorman Howard K. Smith, who kept insisting that the gunshots fired by the assassin were fired over a 60-second timespan, which is ludicrous, of course, given the eyewitness reports that had already been aired by the time Smith erroneously kept telling his viewers that three of the gunshots (60 seconds apart!) could be heard on the ABC videotape. That gaffe must have been embarrassing for Smith in later years.

dvp-video-audio-archive.blogspot.com/2012/03/assassination-of-robert-f-kennedy.html

That is Valerie Schute who wore a completely different polka dot dress army green with yellow dots

Since this is here now, I should post my review of Fernando Faura's The Polka Dot File

http://ctka.net/2016/faura/faura.html

Faura was a regular journalist in LA at the time and he got involved with the RKF case and did some of the very best work on the Girl in the Polka Dot Dress.