The Education Forum

Edwin Walker

Jim Root

ANYWAY, let's move away from all those time-wasting personal attacks, and get back to the exciting topic of Jim Root's thread -- the role of resigned Major General Edwin A. Walker in the assassination of JFK.

Allow me to recap.

Paul;'s recap is the same time wasting material that he has posted over and over on countless threads. It's a collection of factoids about Walker's career.

The conclusions are Paul's speculations. He fails to show that Walker had any connection at all to any plot to murder President Kennedy.

Allow me to recap:

Please think through your ideas before you post. This will reduce the amount of aggression that is directed towards you.

Although John's advice was made to another Forum member, it is quite applicable here.

Unable to rebut the torrents of justified criticism, Paul has been reduced to labeling everything a personal attack on him.

His recent exchange with Mark Knight is a perfect example.

Edited by Michael Hogan

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ANYWAY, continuing forward with this interesting thread on the JFK assassination and the role of Edwin Walker in it, we should reconsider the account given by Harry Dean, a long-time member of this Forum who has encouraged me and continues to encourage me in my free sharing of my research on this Forum.

Harry Dean was a former member of Fidel Castro's 26th of July Movement as well as a former Secretary of the FPCC. This was only because Harry was a successful fund-raiser for the Cuban cause in 1958-1959, when Fidel Castro was still regarded as a possible ally in the USA. But Harry also knows first hand how dangerous Communism can be, because even as a Secretary of the FPCC, he was subjected to a life-threatening interrogation in Cuba merely because he was an American.

Harry went to the FBI to assist the USA in retailiation for Cuban excesses, and supplied the FBI with lots of useful information about the FPCC in the USA. When the FPCC ordered Harry to infiltrate a CIA group (shortly before the Bay of Pigs) and the FBI encouraged Harry to play this "triple-agent" role, Harry decided that this would be his final task. He'd had enough.

So, Harry changed his name and moved his family to Southern California. He vowed to steer clear of leftist politics forever. In reaction, Harry joined a right-wing movement, the John Birch Society, which was extremely popular in Southern California in the early 1960's. Harry made many friends in the right-wing, and he gradually drifted so far to the right that he actually joined the Southern California Minutemen under Troy Houghton, who reported to Robert De Pugh.

The Minutemen, as it turned out, were far more right-wing than Harry had expected. The most common conversation at Minuteman training camps was about the need and the methods to assassinate JFK.

So, Harry should not have been too surprised when the FBI also caught up with Harry Dean in Southern California. They had been seeking information about the Minutemen, and they asked Harry to supply that information. Once again, Harry was happy to oblige for his country.

Things came to a head in early September 1963, when the inner circle of the John Birch Society in Covina, California -- those who were also members of the Minutemen -- held an exclusive meeting with Congressman John Rousselot, war-hero Guy Gabaldon, and ex-General Edwin Walker. In that meeting, it was solemnly agreed that direct steps would be taken to frame a known FPCC touting Communist from New Orleans, namely, Lee Harvey Oswald, into their sacred cause to kill JFK.

Harry Dean was in that meeting.

Harry Dean had regarded all such talk as bluff and bluster -- but he took his report to the FBI anyway. The FBI confirmed his suspicions -- it was all bluff and bluster, and they advised Harry to forget about it. Harry was happy to forget about it until the afternoon 22 November 1963 -- when it was announced two hours after JFK was killed, that the suspect Lee Harvey Oswald was arrested.

Harry Dean watched as all of his erstwhile friends in the John Birch Society and the Minutemen scattered. They never saw each other ever again. But he would never forget that fateful day in September, 1963, when Edwin Walker named Lee Harvey Oswald as the patsy of their plot to kill JFK.

In his sworn testimony to the Warren Commission, Edwin Walker insisted that he never heard the name Lee Harvey Oswald until 22 November 1963. Also, he swore, it never occurred to him that Lee Harvey Oswald had been his shooter on 10 April 1963, when Edwin Walker escaped death at his home at the hands of a late night assassin.

HOWEVER -- the confirmation that Edwin Walker knew about Lee Harvey Oswald before Marina Oswald told the world on 2 December 1963 can be found among Walker's personal papers that are safely archived today at UT Austin. One of those papers is material evidence that, only 18 hours after JFK was killed, Edwin Walker told a German newspaper, the Deutsche Nationalzeitung, that Lee Harvey Oswald had been his 10 April 1963 shooter!

Here is an English translation of the headline of that article. http://www.pet880.co...Deutsche_NZ.jpg

The full article (and its English translation) can be found at the Mary Ferrell web site.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

<edit typos>

Edited by Paul Trejo

Paul, if you would only stick to posting words that are true, I wouldn't need to point out the falsehoods you have spread. This is, after all, the Education Forum, and is meant to be used as an educational resource. Your posts I have questioned are either lies, or they are so poorly researched that they have little to no truth in them.

I was attempting to give your research skills the benefit of the doubt.

Here's a helpful hint: Since you are already on the internet when you are posting on the Education Forum, if you're not sure about the veracity of something you're about to post, it's quite easy to open an additional window on IE, Chrome, or Firefox and to search for the exact information you wish to post about.

Then, if you continue to post things that are untrue, your motives will be transparent.

ANYWAY, continuing still further with this interesting thread on the JFK assassination and Edwin Walker's role in it, we should also consider the opinion by John Dolva who has been on the Forum for many years, and has carefully researched the White racist movement in the USA, and its probable support of the JFK assassination.

JFK was a well-known supporter of Martin Luther King, Jr. as well as the Civil Rights movement in general, and of course the White racists in America hated JFK for that, just as they continue to hate Black Americans to this very day.

In 1963 there were some very active White racists in the South that John Dolva researched, including the Mississippi State Sovereignty Commission (MSSC), the Louisiana State Sovereignty Commission (LSSC), the White Citizens' Council (WCC), the Citizens' Council Forum (CCF), the South Carolina States' Rights Party (SCSRP), and the Conservative Society of America (CSA).

One of the most interesting facts that John Dolva learned in his research, was that resigned General Edwin Walker was a frequent speaker at the MSSC, the WCC and the CCF. Tracing these leads, I found two films by the CCF featuring Edwin Walker. I posted them to YouTube at these URLs:

Film One: youtube.com/watch?v=ZeQKuJTJi48

Film Two: youtube.com/watch?v=Y9yUW019xoA

This is material evidence that Edwin Walker was a contributor to the White racist movement in the USA in 1962-1963.

The WCC was the sworn enemy of the NAACP and Martin Luther King, Jr. and claimed that they were Communist organizations working for Moscow. They would do anything short of using KKK methods to slam down the NAACP (and when that didn't work, they called in the KKK, as has been amply documented).

Ultimately, the KKK would get involved at the grass roots level in holding down the Civil Rights movement in 1963, as shown by the murder of Medgar Evers in his own driveway in Mississippi, and the burning of a Black Baptist Church with small schoolchildren still inside. That is the action of White racists in America, running amok shortly before JFK was assassinated.

The KKK, furthermore, printed a bulletin in Louisiana declaring that JFK was a Communist, wanted for TREASON, because of his betrayal of Cuba and his support of Martin Luther King, Jr. (This artifact can be found in the Louisiana Department of Archives and History.

(Notice how closely this KKK language matches the language of the "Wanted for Treason: JFK" handbills that circulated around Dallas on 22 November 1962.)

White racists today do not like to hear that Edwin Walker was so close to the JFK assassination and Lee Harvey Oswald in 1963, although the evidence is piling up.

White racists don't want to hear that historians are now smelling their foul odor close to the JFK assassination. (That's possibly one reason that some people here are attacking my posts.)

I think that Edwin Walker research will show that White racism was the ultimate cause of the JFK assassination. Furthermore, I suspect that some White racists are running scared today.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

White racists today do not like to hear that Edwin Walker was so close to the JFK assassination and Lee Harvey Oswald in 1963, although the evidence is piling up.

White racists don't want to hear that historians are now smelling their foul odor close to the JFK assassination. (That's possibly one reason that some people here are attacking my posts.)

I think that Edwin Walker research will show that White racism was the ultimate cause of the JFK assassination. Furthermore, I suspect that some White racists are running scared today.

The foul odor is Paul Trejo's insinuation that some of his Forum critics are motivated to do so because they are "White racists."

Trejo's imaginings are groundless, like so much of the other stuff he advances. Where is the evidence for his ugly claim?

What Paul Trejo calls attacks are, in most cases, just members calling him out for his unsupported and illogical claims, theories and conclusions.

Paul wants to blame everyone else and everything else for the overwhelming rejection of his methods.

He would do better to look inward. although most of his posts make it appear that he is incapable of doing so.

The evidence mounts that White racism was the villain that assassinated JFK.

We already have two prime suspects -- Guy Banister of New Orleans, and Edwin Walker of Dallas. Their interaction with Lee Harvey Oswald in 1963 should be the subject of a global effort of JFK researchers on this, the 50th anniversary of the JFK murder.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

While I agree that the militant right is a good candidate I suggest that racism is the delivery vehicle of the repecussions of JFK's 1963 civil rights act backed by a president with a well proven trackrecord of backing up his words with action would cause an enormous shift in the economy and power that would be another sort of shermans march in effect on the livelyhood of millions of people. This is where the anticipated pain would be felt hence a counter action that resulted in the assassinations. Civil Rights IS a Communist priority. It's not wrong to ally civil rights with communist activity nor to ally the KKK with fascism. Communism calls for a shift in social and economic power and becomes a viable option during times of widespread social unrest. This is what Oswald meant with his writings about the Minutemen: This is also the opportunity for their supremacy. That supremacy however is the last gasp of capitalism. With it they can reestablish their supremacy. In other words the militant right fights for capitalism because their interests converge. I think Kennedy was caught between a rock and a hard place as a result of his actions. IOW the system killed JFK. The system lives.

Economics (which is about where we end up having pointless exchanges)

While I agree that the militant right is a good candidate I suggest that racism is the delivery vehicle of the repecussions of JFK's 1963 civil rights act backed by a president with a well proven trackrecord of backing up his words with action would cause an enormous shift in the economy and power that would be another sort of shermans march in effect on the livelyhood of millions of people. This is where the anticipated pain would be felt hence a counter action that resulted in the assassinations. Civil Rights IS a Communist priority. It's not wrong to ally civil rights with communist activity nor to ally the KKK with fascism. Communism calls for a shift in social and economic power and becomes a viable option during times of widespread social unrest. This is what Oswald meant with his writings about the Minutemen: This is also the opportunity for their supremacy. That supremacy however is the last gasp of capitalism. With it they can reestablish their supremacy. In other words the militant right fights for capitalism because their interests converge. I think Kennedy was caught between a rock and a hard place as a result of his actions. IOW the system killed JFK. The system lives.

Economics (which is about where we end up having pointless exchanges)

John, this is where our views diverge. Communism as a utopian dream, and especially in its form of the USSR, is a thing of the past. It was never viable, and of course JFK himself, being a favorite child of the very rich under Capitalism, had no interest in the Communist utopia.

But more pointedly, the position at which you rest is to identify the killers of JFK as "the system." In other words, an abstraction; like saying, "the CIA did it," or "the Mafia did it," without getting down to the ground-crew. My task, from the start, has been to identify the specific ground-crew.

We still agree that the militant right is a good candidate, and I presume that we still agree more specifically White racists were a direct force in the ground-crew. We apparently won't agree about the debatable value of Communism, which, for all intents and purposes in America and Europe, no longer exists as a viable political force.

Your mention of Fascism is topical -- when Americans think of Fascism in the 20th century we often think of the Third Reich and Adolf Hitler. His movement was attractive to many because of his Anticommunism -- and I say that is where he got his numbers and power. However, his movement was bizarre to many because of his doctrine of White Supremacy, which became the ruin of his beloved Germany in 1945. He picked a fight with the whole wide world -- and we should not wonder that he lost miserably. Sic semper tyrannis.

Guy Banister of New Orleans and Edwin Walker of Dallas attempted to advance that same strategy -- mixing racial hatred with Anticommunism. Some Americans were fooled by it, but most Americans were not. Their strategy worked to the moment of killing JFK. Their strategy ultimately failed to mobilize the USA in the direction they had envisioned as the outcome of killing JFK.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

Paul

The Decalogue was there long before Sir Thomas' book.

Corruption invades all ,be it capitalism ,communism or Fascism

It was not an ideal that killed JFK it was men with rifles.

Ian

But more pointedly, the position at which you rest is to identify the killers of JFK as "the system." In other words, an abstraction; like saying, "the CIA did it," or "the Mafia did it," without getting down to the ground-crew. My task, from the start, has been to identify the specific ground-crew.

The evidence mounts that White racism was the villain that assassinated JFK.

Paul

The Decalogue was there long before Sir Thomas' book.

Corruption invades all ,be it capitalism ,communism or Fascism

It was not an ideal that killed JFK it was men with rifles.

Ian

Yes, Ian, that's precisely my point, too. The ground-crew is what matters most of all, ultimately.

Now, it has taken 50 years to get to this point -- because before the ground-crew can be identified, the larger picture has to be brought into focus.

For this reason I am grateful for John Dolva, who for years on this Forum has guided our attention to the White racist wing of politics in the USA. This is the big picture. I think history has confirmed this in its review of 1962-1963 and the crisis of Civil Rights during the JFK administration.

Finally it is time to direct our attention to the ground-crew -- to the "men with rifles" as you say, Ian.

And I believe that historical research now has enough material evidence on the political connections of Guy Banister and his political ambitions for racial segregation of US public schools. We also have enough material evidence on the poliical connections of ex-General Edwin Walker (the only US General to resign in the 20th century) and his political ambitions for racial segregation of US public schools (and especially Ole Miss University in 1962).

With these two White racists, we have the leaders of the ground-crew, in my current theory. We must drill down, therefore, down into the personal and paramilitary connections of these two men in 1963 -- and discover which of these connections was a personal acquaintance of Lee Harvey Oswald.

There, IMHO, we will find the ground crew -- the men with rifles -- who murdered JFK on 22 November 1963.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

Guest Tom Scully

Paul, are you sure you are posting so many post on a thread relevant to your points, theories, and gelatinous evidence?

Interesting article by Mark Stout titled:

"The Pond: Running Agents for State, War, and the CIA, The Hazards of Private Spy Operations"

https://www.cia.gov/library/center-for-the-.../article07.html

I have drifted into information concerning "The Pond" over the past few weeks and have began to cross check information that I have gathered over the years with these new revelations. Just scratching the surface it seems.

The Pond was the name given to a super secrete spy organization ran by John V. "Frenchy" Grombach for a period of about 13 years between 1942 and 1955. This organization originally worked under the auspices of Military Intelligence although Grombach was on loan to OSS at times during WWII and the information points to the fact that John J. McCloy, if not the father of the Pond was in fact its wetnurse.

After the war Grombach's group worked for the military, the State Department, the CIA and provided information to Joseph McCarthy during the days of the Red Scare and the McCarthy hearings. Grombach led crusades against Alfred MacCormick, Allen Dulles, William Donovan and even John J. McCloy, depending upon his priotities at the time. He fought for the abolition of the OSS and tried to destroy the CIA after he was bypassed for the leadership position within that organization.

While much about The Pond remains a mystery what is for sure is that Grombach was a powerful person in the field of intelligence and continued to peddle his wares, information and influence beyond what would be officially considered his time of usefullness.

Some areas that are of interest for myself:

Grombach was closely associated with the creation of OSS/SI which was headed by Whitney Shepardson (I have started a topic on Shepardson that I hope to continue adding to).

OSS/SI seems to have been the group that watched over OSS Stockholm Station during WWII and Grombach can be/is being tied to members of the OSS Stockholm team. This was a surprize so I reviewed Anthony Cave Brown's book "Wild Bill Donovan the Last Hero" (Times Books, 1982). Stockholm receives no mention whatsoever from the OSS Chief/Brown although that particular station can be credited with some very important successes of the OSS. For example, Fortitude North (allied deception planning prior to the D-Day landings), Himmler's peace feelers to the Allies in 1944, negotiations leading to the survival of 100-200,000 Hungarian Jews, tracking of ball bearings into Germany, German production of oil and synthetic fuels, piece feelers from Japan, etc. including the interception of the Finnish Intelligence corp and cryptological team that began the Venonal Project (ie. Frank Rowlett and Meredith Gardner, Oswald investigators).

A member of this OSS Stockholm team was Richard "Dick" Helms. When I cross checked Grombach to the book by Peter Grose (Gentleman Spy, the Life of Allen Dulles, Houghton Mifflin, 1994) I found five entries dealing with this mysterious fellow. Each entry sparked interest but two really caught my eye.

First, on pages 276-279 we have a discription of the testimonys three men gave at a secret hearing in congress on June 27, 1947. The three men, in order, were Hoyt S. Vandenber, then head of the Central Intellligence Group, followed by John V. "Frenchie" Grombach who is described by the author as a "shadowy freelancer under contract" but whose invitation to this hearing shows obvious importance within the intelligence community. The final speaker was Allen Dulles who, "minced no words in puncturing the simple-minded prescriptions of the freelance sleuths and the notion that collection of intelligence and its analysis could be so neatly disconnected....Allen worried about 'these private collectors of information...I think it is impossible to continue with a series of agencies engaged in the work of secret inteligence...You are going to cross wires, and you are going to find that these various agents will become crossed.' he urged that control of secret collection operations be assigned exclusively to theproposed central agency..

"Vanenberg, though loyal to the uniformed services, whet even further that Allen in complaining about contract entrepreneurs like Grombach....."

Two paragraphs later (page 279)we read..."a loosely defined Central Intelligence Agency was established by law on July 26, 1947. The new agency assumed the functions of the galtering CIG, and absorbed the few OSS veterans remaining in the field - the PERSONAL NETWORKS (capital letters mine) NUTURED BY THE LIKES OF (RICHARD) HELMS and (JAMES JESUS) ANGLETON, who had been conserving their intelligence assets in Germany and Italy under the supervision of the War Department."

The use of the phrase "PERSONAL NETWORKS" says a lot considering the information that I am researching dealing with Helms at this time.

The second piece of information that I found most interesting upon cross checking Grombach in this context was on pages 405 - 408 of Grose's book. It deals with Dulles fight to maintain control of the U-2 within the hands of the CIA vs the Airforce. "General Curtis LeMay, chief of the Strategic Air Command and renowned in his day for tough-talking bravado, told a staff meeting, 'We'll let them develop it (the U-2) and then we'll take it away from them.' They tried; even a year later, in July 1955, as a prototype U-2 was checked out for its first test flight, Bissell warned Allen that the air force still had designs on the project. As the CIA men left the briefing room, Bissell remembers giving a final message to the director: 'Don't let Le-May get his cotton-picking fingers on the U-2.' Having brought his agency this far, Allen needed no such reminders."

"...Eisenhower had more confidence in the CIA than the Pentagon....

"Notably on the offense against CIA was Frenchie Grombach, pursuing his eight-year vendetta against the presumptuous civilian intelligence service. The agency, having tired of Grombach's flow of unevaluated barroom gossip, had canceled the contract that had kept him in business for the past three years, and he was seeking new buyers for the secrets uncovered by his private networks."

Grombach then passed information to "Major General Arthur Trudeau, an engineer and gifted battle commander from WWII and Korea, who had no particular background in intelligence. An admirer of MacArthur, he fell easily into his service's suspicions of CIA. Numerous reports were coming in from Grombach...Trudeau had asked the West German ambassador in Washington for an opportunity to discuss intelligence concerns with a couterpart from Bonn's armed forces... (Trudeau) was escirted into the embassy garden and introduced to the ambassador's house guest, Konrad Adenauer. Trudeau plunged in, confiding to the West German Chancellor his concers...and the dangers of NATO secrts being passed to Moscow. He pulled a packet of seven index cards from his uniform jacket and read out some of the derogatory reports coming in to military intelligence. Adenauer heard him out, then asked to have the general's cards for his own review.'

"Returning to Bonn, Adenauer and his aids went throug Trudeau's file cards with the local CIA station chief, James Critchfield, who recognized familiar half-baked accusations (from Grombach) that had already been checked out and dismisssed. He cabled a report to Allen, who reacted with a rate burst of outrage...at the audacity of the Pentagon general in passing unevaluated field reports, on his own initiative, to a foreign head of state. In July the new army chief of staff, GENERAL MAXWELL TAYLOR, summoned Trudeau for an explanation, and they went over the same seven index cards....A power struggle between a journeyman chidf of army intelligence and the revered head of the CIA was no contest at all, and within days Trudeau was transferred to another command in the Far East."

(I might point out that, according to Grose, six years later the information passed by Grombach to Trudeau/Adenhauer proved to be correct)

Private intelligence organizations controlled by the Grombachs, Helms and Angeltons of the world along with Military Intelligence infighting with CIA over projects like the U-2.......

What are we to make of this?

I will admit that this area is opening so many doors for me that it is overwelming my time and limited mental capabilities, It does seem that this long dusty trail that I am following continues to lead to the same people...McCloy, Taylor, Helms, Dulles, U-2, Signals Communications, etc., etc.

Thoughts about the Pond?

Jim Root

OSS: The Secret History of America's First Central Intelligence Agency - Page 183

books.google.com/books?isbn=1599216582

The British had been determined to keep American amateurs from upsetting their own difficult relations with the ... Since the Nazi occupation of June 1940, the Norwegian military underground (MILORG) had anxiously and jealously watched SOE officers developing their own ... in Stockholm, the Westfield Mission.79 The SO commander was 43-year-old George Brewer, Jr., a former Yale English teacher ..

Amateur agent - Page 107

books.google.com/books?id=-EARAQAAIAAJ
Ewan Butler - 1963 - Snippet view - More editions

Our regular and reliable informants all had ties in Stockholm, and were in any case too well known to the Gestapo to be safe in ... a counterpart of S.O.E. British officers were seconded to help in the building of the Office of Strategic Services, and in ... By 1943 an O.S.S. mission had appeared in Stockholm, under the command of George Brewer junior, who seemed to PINPRICKS AND PRISONERS 107.

MISS EL BREWER WED IN ELMSFORD; She Is Attended by Seven...

New York Times - Dec 20, 1942

19 -- The marriage of Miss Effie Leighton Brewer, daughter of Major George Emerson Brewer, US.., and IVLrs. Brewer of this place, to David Coit Davenport, son

Been a long time since I logged into this site but I am happy to read that intelligent discssion still being delivered. Please excuse my spelling error in advance!

Myy study of Walker includes going to his hometown, interviews with people who knew him and his mother, local research from his youth in both Texas and New Mexico. I then followed his career to West Point and beyond till his death.

What is most interesting for myself is the connections that I found, beginning prior to WWII, that can be associated with the assassination of JFK. While at West Point Walker was a student of Maxwell Taylor. Their relationship would continue right up until, it seems, Walkers resignation from the Military.

Walker's involvement in intelligence seems apparent throughout his career and an early connection to William Friedman and his team of cryptologist (including John Hurt) led to my making the connection of the "Raliegh Call" to the NSA's John Hurt. I especially like connections to Operation Stella Polaris and the Venona Project where Hurt and Walker can be tied together.

The John Hurt of William Friedman's team (later the NSA) is easily connected to two of John J. McCloy's great coups as Asst. Sec. of War under Stimson....namely prior knowledge of Japan's intention to declare War on the US (just hours prior to Pearl Harbor) and McCloys suggestion that Japan would be willing to surrender without dropping the Atomic Bomb (if e were willing to allow the Emperor to remain in Japan). I have previously shown that the same John Hurt is associated with Frank Rowlett and Meredith Gardner who woud be tasked by the Warren Commission (via the CIA via the NSA) to investgate LHO for possible intelligence connections.

Walker during WWII was tasked with moving the Nazi "loot" found at Merker's mine, negotiated the surrender of Norway by the Germans and the repatriation of both German and Russian Soldiers. During the US's successful intervention in the Greek Civil War Walker was running the Greek Desk at the Pentagon, during the Korean War Walker negotiated the prisoner exchange between China and the US, during the First Straits of Tiawan Crisis he was the Army's point man on scene. Walker was selected by his old friend Max Taylor to go to Little Rock, trained rangers for Korea, was involved with special forces beginning in WWII and commanded a unit that had over 100 future intelligence opperatives recruited from it. Walker was in Hawaii when the first covert troops were sent to Vietnam via his post and had been involved in the training of most of that group. Walker's unit, during WWII, captured the most sophisticated radar instalation that the Japanese possessed and Edwin Walker was traveling to Germany to take command of the 24th ID at the same time that Oswald was mysteriously arriving in Helsinki aboard a plane or planes that nobody bothered checking the passenger lists on (see previous posts of mine dealing with that subject).

But for me, despite this breif discription of Walker's career, I do not believe that Walker was actually involved in the assassination of JFK directly but I do firmly believe that he immedietly knew who was! Walker's communication with the German newspaper Overseas Weekly the morning following the assassination of JFK, while Walker was in Sherveport, LA is, to me, interesting. I do believe that Walker recognized Oswald and that he had reason to belive that he would be connected not only to Oswald but then, also, to the assassination of JFK which, then led to Walker's neeed to communicate with the Germans and to declare that Oswald had shot at him as well. Self survival, I believe, is the key to Walker's actions after the assassination.

As to Walker's Pro Blue involvement? It can be traced back years before his arrival to take command of the 24th ID. And, in interviews with people involved with Overseas Weekly at the time, we find that OW's involvement in the frying of Walker can be traced to Oswald's first letter that indicated that he wanted to return to the US (Warren Commission report says this letted did not exist, just as the Raleigh Call is not mentioned, Hosty's third note is not made a commission exhibit and the passenger lists of Oswald's travel to Russia were apparently overlooked). Too me it makes since that if Oswald were to return to the US after the downing of the U-2 and the failure of the Paris Summit in 1960 (two issues that Oswald would be speaking about just weeks before the assassination of JFK at Spring Hill College) and be able to identify Walker if he were the man who had helped him to enter the Soviet Union (check prior posts of mine dealing with intelligence information that provided information about what a person would need to do to receive a visa into Russia within 24 hours that was sent one day prior to Oswald's arrival in Helsinki) as G. P. Hemming told me Walker was!

In my humble opinion Walker is not a conspirator but if we move beyond the presentation of Walker being as a Right Wing crackpot and look at him as a highly complicated and sophisticated tool of US intelligece at the highest level (under John J. McCloy) we can really start to unravel a conspiracy theory that does fit all the pieces!

Keep up the fine work all,

Jim Root

Without Reservations: From Harlem to the End of the Santa Fe Trail - Page 265

books.google.com/books?isbn=0943734363

Samuel B. Ballen - 2001 -

...Ethel and I were invited to dinner at the home of Dave Davenport who also had Priscilla McMillan, his cousin, as a guest. ... David Davenport was a former CIA man who had become disenchanted and was now semi-retired to his youthful locus of Santa Fe.

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?mode=searchResult&absPageId=733406

aarc-fbi211-07_0001_0146.jpg

Las Vegas Optic, Monday, July 31, 1967 : Front Page

newspaperarchive.com › HomeLas Vegas Optic

... the First Judicial District court by Miss Joanne McAdams of Santa Fe asking for ... Hasty and her mothers husband Jerome Hasty and David Davenport a friend

http://newspaperarch...1-10-02/page-10
Oct 2, 2001 Funeral services and memorials DAVID COIT DAVENPORT

Obit Image describes Davenport's work in intelligence:

PriscillaDavenportObitLargeCrop.jpg

Paul, have you even read (and comprehended) Jim Root's posts on this thread and on others? Your posts do not compliment Jim Root's research and opinions in the slightest way. Some of us are not going to sit by and do nothing while you continue to use this thread as your personal latrine. We will post research in this thread, complimentary to Jim Root's fine work and great effort. Your intense hypocrisy is displayed whenever you mention Jim Root in one of your posts. Can you even see the difference in the alignment of the details I have posted in this post, along with complete quotes of posts by Jim Root, compared to the near total contradiction of the repetitive and unsupported, vague, "ground crew", and "CIA street crew" stuff you post about here, over and over?

Edited by Tom Scully

Paul, are you sure you are posting so many post on a thread relevant to your points, theories, and gelatinous evidence?

Paul, have you even read (and comprehended) Jim Root's posts on this thread and on others? Your posts do not compliment Jim Root's research and opinions in the slightest way. Some of us are not going to sit by and do nothing while you continue to use this thread as your personal latrine. We will post research in this thread, complimentary to Jim Root's fine work and great effort. Your intense hypocrisy is displayed whenever you mention Jim Root in one of your posts. Can you even see the difference in the alignment of the details I have posted in this post, along with complete quotes of posts by Jim Root, compared to the near total contradiction of the repetitive and unsupported, vague, "ground crew", and "CIA street crew" stuff you post about here, over and over?

Tom, I not only enjoy Jim Root's posts, but I've enjoyed a PM with Jim Root. We don't have to agree on everything to appreciate points in common -- and we still mind our manners. That's evidently where you could use some work. Tom, yet you're a Moderator! (I once tried to "ignore" all your messages, but found out the Forum won't let us "ignore" Moderator posts. Thank goodness other Moderators here are fair-minded.)

Anyway, to respond to your implied nonsense that I must agree with everything Jim Root ever wrote in order to participate in his thread, I'll make a few point by point observations.

(1) Walker's relationship with Four-star General Maxwell Taylor is notable, but it would be a mistake to make too much of it, because Maxwell Taylor was the one who recommended Major General Edwin Walker for his duty at Little Rock, Arkansas in 1957, and in 1959 Edwin Walker submitted his first resignation to the US Army because of that very duty.

It is one thing to note that Edwin Walker had a relationship with Maxwell Taylor, an Intelligence officer, and another thing to try to spin that into some clandestine CIA scenario -- when in reality Edwin Walker broke off his relationship with Maxwell Taylor when he resigned from the US Army in 1961 -- and actually, Edwin Walker attempted to resign from the US Army in 1959.

Eisenhower's Administration would not permit it -- since resignation was a fool-hardy act -- Walker could have just as easily resigned with full benefits. But Walker was hot headed. Anyway, it is plausible that Walker wanted to break his relationship with Maxwell Taylor in 1959 -- precisely because Walker joined the John Birch Society (which is documented) and the John Birch Society idiotically preached in 1959 (also documented) that President Eisenhower was a Communist agent.

In other words -- although Edwin Walker was well-connected to some of the best military minds in the USA and government Intelligence -- Walker threw it all away when he joined the John Birch Society and came to believe that the United Nations was a Communist plot -- and that the Supreme Court and Earl Warren were Communist agents. And that the racial integration of US public schools was a Communist plot.

In other words -- it is well documented by history that Edwin Walker -- who was a highly decorated and loyal American General (two-star) went over the deep end, and lost all credibility among intelligent officers when he joined that absurd right-wing movement called the John Birch Society.

(2) No FBI or CIA agent was permitted to be a member of the John Birch Society -- it was officially regarded as too unintelligent for intelligence officers. Walker broke the code of "brains" when he joined that ridiculous organization. This was made perfectly plain by Walker's performance before the Senate Subcommittee on Military Preparedness in April 1962. Walker became a laughing-stock among the mainstream at that point.

(3) Now, Jim Root doesn't believe that Walker was involved in the JFK assassination. We disagree on that opinion.

(4) Yet, Jim Root does believe, firmly, that Walker knew who was involved in the JFK assassination. We agree on that opinion.

(5) Jim Root and I believe that Walker's story in the Deutsche Nationalzeitung is important -- but for different reasons.

(6) Jim Root also believes that Walker had knowledge of Lee Harvey Oswald before the JFK assassination (and by implication, charges Walker with perjury to the WC for denying any such knowledge). I also believe that -- but for different reasons.

(7) In Jim Root's opinon, Edwin Walker is not a JFK conspirator, however, Jim Root also wishes to ignore the material evidence we have that Edwin Walker was an active and even fanatical follower of Robert Welch and the John Birch Society.

It is unclear to me how Jim Root will ignore the well-documented fact that Edwin Walker led the race riots at Ole Miss on 30 September 1962 in which hundreds were wounded and two were killed.

It is unclear ot me how Jim Root will ignore the well-documented fact that the John Birch Society rushed to Edwin Walker's aid with propaganda that JFK was responsible for those riots.

Only if we can ignore the historical facts about Walker's right-wing follies can anybody attempt to re-construct a theory about Walker's role as a clandestine and "sophisticated tool of US intelligece at the highest level under John J. McCloy."

(8) Finally, Jim Root did investigate Walker's personal life in his home town -- some of the most valuable research ever done on Walker's biography -- and learned that Walker had a reputation for being gay even before he went to military school. (This will eventually become invaluable in a psychological profile of Edwin Walker.)

Jim Root has some of the most complete information about Walker -- but Jim Root does not present a conclusion about Walker. Further, without any straightforward prospects for divorcing Walker from his right-wing follies 1959-1969, any attempt to make Walker look "sophisticated" will be an uphill battle.

I will refer the reader to the Senate Subcommittee on Military Preparedness of 1962, to Walker's testimony, as strong evidence in my favor. I would also refer the reader to these two films found in the Citizens' Council Forum archives of Mississippi to see the folly of Walker, and to gauge the difficulty of ever making him appear "sophisticated."

PART ONE: youtube.com/watch?v=ZeQKuJTJi48

PART TWO: youtube.com/watch?v=Y9yUW019xoA

I would be pleased to hear Jim Root's opinion on these two films of Walker. Your opinion, Tom, seems perpetually biased.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

I suppose one can make an argument that capitalism and fascism are ideals but only by ignoring better common usage of the word.

Follow the money.