The Education Forum

Hale Boggs's Suspicious Aircrash

Shanet Clark

Hale Boggs, the second House member appointed to the Warren Commission,

died in a small plane crash and I believe his body was never found, nor the wrackage...in Alaska I believe. Rather than post this on the Wellstone?Fetzer??

thread, I will start a link closer to the heart of the ED FORUM members known interest;

so what did happen to Hale Boggs?

He was killed in a plane crash:

Total Persons on Board:

Four (also onboard was Begich's aide Russell Brown, and pilot Don Jonz.)

When:

October 16, 1972

Weather:

Low clouds, fog, drizzle

Flight Route:

Disappeared on a flight from Anchorage to Juneau, Alaska

Area Believed Crashed:

Disappeared as it was approaching the Chugach mountain range in southeast Alaska.

Reason for flight:

Political junket

Type Plane:

Cessna 310C (FAA Registration - N1812H)

Search efforts:

At the time, this was the biggest search in the history of the country, involving 40 military and 20 civilian aircraft. Everything from Coast Guard helicopters and cutters, to Air Force spy aircraft, as well as numerous private aircraft. After thirty-nine days the air search was abandoned.

http://www.check-six.com/lib/Famous_Missin...es/AAR73-01.pdf

Edited by Chuck Lacourrege

Guest David L Sharp

died in a small plane crash and I believe his body was never found, nor the wrackage...in Alaska I believe. Rather than post this on the Wellstone?Fetzer??

thread, I will start a link closer to the heart of the ED FORUM members known interest;

At the time of Boggs' death, on Oct. 16, 1972, he was House Majority Leader (58 years old). Boggs had ruffled several feathers in Washington, DC several months prior to his death when he made speeches on the House floor demanding the dismissal of FBI Director J. Edgar Hoover. Hoover subsequently died on May 2, 1972, so the problem resolved itself. Still Boggs' words were quite harsh, and it is completely realistic to think that many of Hoover's friends in power might have targeted Boggs for assassination even after Hoover's death which ended the infamous director's 48-year rule over the FBI.

Author Anthony Summers described Boggs' speeches against Hoover in the 1993 book, "Official and Confidential: The Secret Life of J. Edgar Hoover." According to Summers, Boggs "made speeches accusing the FBI of wiretapping members of Congress and infiltrating the universities." Boggs also compared Hoover's FBI to the Soviet Union and Hitler's Gestapo. Boggs said the Attorney General should "ask for the resignation of Mr. Hoover." (Summers, page 394)

Those were strong words. And frankly, it doesn't surprise me at all that Boggs' plane disappeared just six months later. Unfortunately, America isn't as free as many people would like to believe.

Salvador Astucia

Guest David L Sharp

In my previous comments about Hale Boggs, I forgot to mention that his speeches against J. Edgar Hoover were made on the House floor in April 1972. Hoover died on May 2, 1972, and Boggs' plane disappeared on Oct. 16, 1972--six months after making the anti-Hoover speeches.

Salvador Astucia

Guest David L Sharp

Sorry. Here's another follow-up and correction to my original comment about Boggs. After re-reading Anthony Summer's description of Boggs' public criticism of J. Edgar Hoover, the timeline is slightly different than I had previously thought. Boggs made the criticism of Hoover and the FBI in April of 1971, not 1972. So here is the actual timeline:

April 1971 - Boggs makes speeches critical of the FBI and Hoover. Boggs calls for Hoover's dismissal.

May 2, 1972 - Hoover dies.

Oct. 16, 1972 - Boggs' plane disappears in Alaska.

These three events occurred within an 18 month timeframe. Nevertheless, Boggs had revealed he was not a friend of the FBI, probably the most powerful force in the history of the American government, then and now.

Salvador Astucia

• 1 month later...

Group: Members

Member No.: 1708

We are bigger men than the ones in power.

We are critical and courageous, they are timid and docile.

We speak up at great risk, they clam up for personal gain.

We make sense, they make a mockery of reason.

We probe for the truth, they deny, deny and classify.

We speak out in dismay, they hide behind grim institutional walls.

We think, they only react.

We explore the world, they retreat from it's reality.

We struggle, they sit in wealth and arrogant contempt.

We see the truth, they are blinded by misplaced self-interest.

We fight for Constitution and Reason, they consolidate power irrationally.

We live in pride, they are shameless and neurotic in their denial.

We look for explanations, they only hunt for excuses.

We act in the tradition of patriots, they act in the tradition of treason.

We are free, they are indoctrinated, trained to go along, co-opted & intimidated.

We are people, and they are simply beasts with polyester suits and trophy wives.

We are self actualized, they are programmed.

Be brave, be courageous, be critical.....

we are better Americans, better scholars, better thinkers, better people.

...And then Shanet climbed down from the mountain and went unto Galilee

:ice