The Education Forum

Jack Ruby

I believe that Saul was one of several watchers for Oswald.

Attached is one of several images of Saul attending a

Cuban parade in Florida.

johnw :rolleyes:

Several more views of Saul.

johnw

John,

In the photos you've posted, "Saul at the Parade" certainly resembles "Mexico City Oswald" facially, but what about that belly/paunch "Saul" has but "Oswald in Mexico City" doesn't have?

Wasn't the guy who went to the Cuban and Russian embassies in M.C. described as having an "athletic build?"

--Thomas

Edited by Thomas Graves

• 9 months later...
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe that Saul was one of several watchers for Oswald.

Attached is one of several images of Saul attending a

Cuban parade in Florida.

johnw :rolleyes:

Several more views of Saul.

johnw

John,

In the photos you've posted, "Saul at the Parade" certainly resembles "Mexico City Oswald" facially, but what about that belly/paunch "Saul" has but "Oswald in Mexico City" doesn't have?

Wasn't the guy who went to the Cuban and Russian embassies in M.C. described as having an "athletic build?"

--Thomas

Mrs Eva Grant Graham's friendly call to the Los Angeles CIA field office in 1968.....

1993.07.24.11:22:32:870570

9 Dec 1977

Russ B. Holmes

CI/OG

MRS. EVA GRAHAM H. HELIOTROPE AVENUE AVENUE, APT 203, LOS ANGELES, CAL

Sanitized Version

Subject: Mrs Eva Graham 334 Heliotrope Avenue, Apt. 203, Los Angeles, California

telephone number (662-8055)

13 May 1968

1. Subject telephoned the LAFO on the listed number at 1120 on 15 May 1968. She identified herself as a sister of Jack Ruby and said she wanted to alert us to a

local TV program which maligns the Agency.

2. Subject stated that she and the family attorney Alan Adelson of Detroit were invited with Mark Lane to the Les (Aspen) Show. Two tapes were made at 5746 Sunset

Boulevard. The first was from 1430 to 1530, Monday, 13 May. It was aired Wednesday night, 15 May at 2300. The second tape was made Tuesday, 14 May, from 0930

to 1045. It will be shown the evening of 16 May.

3. Although it will not appear in the show, Mrs. Graham says that Lane told her family attorney, Adelson that ‘President Kennedy had said that he was

going to get rid of the CIA,” which is why the CIA was involved.

4. Mrs. Graham says she knows that Lane is a xxxx and anti-US as well as anti-administration. She feels he is going out of his way to create problems and

may be as Communist. The Les Crane shows, whether because of Lane’s appearance or possibly as a general thing seemed to be frequented by “hippy types,”

some of whom in her judgement appeared to be “high.

5. Mrs Graham advised also that Adelson told her that Lane said that Les Crane wants to buy the picture “Rush To Judgement” for TV viewing.

This, Mrs Graham says is something she hopes could be prevented since it is full of criticisms of the US and bitterly anti-US.

6. Mrs. Graham although seemingly nervous, was direct, lucid courteous. She had no complaint about the agency but decried efforts of Lane and others to

ignore the Warren Report, involve CIA and attack the FBI.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Tom Scully

The set up and the follow through of the hit on Oswald really was a work of art in its execution. The lighting required for televised reporting of Oswald's transfer, taking place in a basement, put the security force responsible for protecting Oswald at a disadvantage since the bright lights made it more difficult to see who was emerging from behind those lights.

Ruby himself was a Trojan horse in that basement, as he had cultivated a presence at the DPD HQ and was a familiar and uneventful face to so many of the DPD personnel; he was at the friday night press conference, and spotted in the hall that night, as well.

Finally, what other way could Oswald have been taken out that would have so effectively eliminated the incredulity that naturally followed the shooting of Oswald, than to televise the crime, live, coast to coast, while a huge number of the citzenry had the eyes glued to their TV screens for the third day in a row?

A hit designed by geniuses, so well thought out that its impact was blunted, in advance, to the extent that it could possibly be, the lights that permitted the televised record that was the ultimate insurance against too many doubts as to how it could possibly happen, were the same lights that helped to mask Ruby's approach.

Genius in its design that also made it impossible to thoroughly investigate the angle of a conspiracy, vs. random luck amidst an unconnected series of coincidences? But, since in its own way it was so brilliant in its planning and execution, if it was planned, how could it all have been coincidence, right down to Ruby just being probably the most likely man for the job, purely by happenstance, chosen by no one, acting on spontaneous impulse...the official narrative.

Guest Tom Scully
http://www.mail-archive.com/ctrl@listserv.aol.com/msg108836.html

[CTRL] Fwd: [cia-drugs] Another JFK Enigma: Japanese "Journalist" in Photograph with...

Kris Millegan

Wed, 29 Oct 2003

...> Let it suffice to say that Japanese elite are part of the Them. One

> can safely assume that if the plot to murder JFK was carried out by

> international banking interests, as I suspect,3 Japanese would be

> involved at the highest levels of planning. Also note that one of the

> three spheres of influence and focus in the Trilateral Commission is

> Japan. Although the Trilateral Commission did not come into existence

> until 1973, working relationships between Japanese elite and their

> counterparts in the West were well underway by the late 1940s. I

> would assume there were profound Western connections to the Empire of

> Japan (pre-WW2) but I have not looked into that area of inquiry.

>

> So, if the Japanese man in the photograph is Atsuyuki Sassa, a man

> with formal national security training from the most prestigious

> university in Japan, what was he doing at Dallas Police Headquarters,

> within a few feet of Jack Ruby, all those years ago?...

I wonder if Jack and Mr. Sassa went out for a night cap or an early breakfast together after that Friday

night "presser" at the DPD?

http://cryptome.quintessenz.at/mirror/jp-journo-id2.htm

exhibit-2424-2.jpg

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/arrb/index7.htm

Testimony of Richard Russell

Hearing of 3/24/95 -- Boston, Massachusetts

Next, the board would like to hear from Dick Russell. Mr. Russell is the author of the 1992 book The Man Who Knew Too Much.

Extracts:

RUSSELL: As you said, I'm the author of The Man Who Knew Too Much, which is an 824-page book about the assassination.

CHAIRMAN TUNHEIM: Mr. Russell, did you ever attempt to gain information from any Japanese sources, Japanese government sources, in particular?

RUSSELL: I never went to Japan myself. I know that, during the course of the FRONTLINE investigation, a researcher whom I know did spend some time tracking down people in Japan and wasn't really able to come up with much.

I don't know if he looked in the right places. I mean Japan is very secretive about all this. You know, they sent an investigator of their own to this country, named Atsuyuki Sassa, I believe, immediately after the assassination, to try to find out what the American government was looking at, and I personally think that there may be some very interesting material in Japan. Exactly where you would look -- as I said, I know that the intelligence agency there, the CIA's counterpart, was called the Cabinet Research Office, and I think they should be requested to see what they have on Oswald.

He was stationed there, of course, for a long time. The Japanese police, I'm told, surveilled him, took pictures of him outside the Soviet Embassy in Tokyo on occasion when he walked in, and I definitely think it would be a fertile area for pursuit.

Source: hardcopy U.S. News and World Report, June 8, 1964, p. 38 (p. 39 had been removed, apparently as part of an unrelated following article.)

U. S. NEWS & WORLD REPORT, June 8, 1964

NEW LIGHT ON THE ASSASSINATION: A SECRET AGENT'S STORY

More light on President Kennedy's assassination comes from a Japanese agent's report to his Government, published here for the first time. The agent was assigned to the FBI investigation of the Kennedy-Oswald murders because the Japanese feared a wave of assassinations in Japan. Glenn Troelstrup, in the Tokyo Bureau of "U.S. News and World Report," talked to the agent and sent this dispatch.

TOKYO

In January [1964], the Japanese Government secretly assigned a special security agent from the Japanese national police to join quietly with the American FBI in its investigation of the assassination of President Kennedy.

The agent was 33-year-old Atsuyuki Sassa. I have just spent four hours with agent Sassa and Kuniyasu Tsuchida, director of the Tokyo metropolitan police guard division.

Only one man. It may take more than the Warren Commission report to convince many people that the assassination was not part of a larger conspiracy. The official report to the Japanese Government, however, holds that President Kennedy was shot by Lee Harvey Oswald and that it was the "impulsive act" of that one man.

Said agent Sassa: "President Kennedy was hit by a steel-jacketed high-powered bullet. It hit the back of the skull, pushing ahead a skull fragment the size of a quarter through the side of his brain.

"A sliver off the bullet came out of the lower left of the neck, giving rise to early speculation that it was from a shot made from in front of the car."

Sassa continued: "President Kennedy was dead before he arrived at the hospital. If he had not been a President, no doctor would have tried an operation."

Then why was it attempted? "There was one chance in a million he could be revived," Sassa said.

"There have been one or two examples of similar head injuries resulting from auto accidents in which the victims miraculously survived. So the operation was carried out for three reasons:

"A miracle chance to revive the President.

"To make use of time -- an hour or more -- to ensure the safety and departure from the area of Vice President Johnson.

"To permit last rites of the Catholic Church to be carried out before an official death was recorded."

In refutation. At this point, Sassa tore into what he called the "emotionally imaginative speculations" of American expatriate writer Thomas Buchanan, which are being widely circulated in Asia. Buchanan has theorized that Oswald and Jack Ruby were hirelings of wealthy U. S. right-wing interests who connived with the Dallas police to carry out the assassination.

Refuting Buchanan's theories, Sasso reported, are these facts:

"The bullet sliver wound on the President's neck left a scar so clean it was overlooked at first. Then it was thought it might be an entrance wound from a shot fired in front of the Presidents car. Later, however, the sliver was found on the car floor. Its route was traced in the autopsy. But even without that evidence, to make such a wound from the front the assassin would have had to be on the pavement ahead of the car. Also his shot would have had to penetrate the front windshield.

"No shot from a nearby bridge could have made such a hit.

"The accusers say that three shots cannot be fired from a telescopic-sight equipped, high-powered rifle in slightly over five seconds. Well, the FBI officially timed the shooting as taking over six seconds -- from 6.5 to 6.6 seconds. Also remember that you count after the first shot is squeezed. That means Buchanan contends two more shots couldn't be fired accurately in about 6 seconds. Do you see the psychological falsification or trap in the Buchanan argument? Any marksman can do what was done and hit the target. Any nonexpert can do it and come close. Remember the President's car was moving slowly away from the assassin. His telescopic sight cut the distance down to about one fourth of its actual length.

"The trick in firing successive shots with a telescopic sight is to let the rifle rock upwind and back into position for firing without ever taking your eye off the sight and the point where the sight cross hairs intersect. This fact is so well known among police officials that I'll tell you frankly that there is absolutely nothing we can do in Japan to prevent the assassination of some important person by some rifleman similar to Oswald."

Fear in Japan. Saasa then paused to explain that the Japanese have had a number of assassination attempts and that there was fear of a chain reaction from the President's assassination.

"You see," he said, "these things usually come in strings. We have have had a number of assassinatien attempts in Japan over the Past decade. We feared..

Role of Tippit. Sassa turned again to Buchanan's writings:

"Buchanan holds that Policeman Tippit [J. D. Tippit, killed by Oswald about an hour after the President's assassination] was in on a right-wing plot to kill Kennedy. But let's look at the facts:

"There are over a thousand men on the Dallas police force. More than half were assigned to guard the President. Buchanan says Tippit was driving alone, something unusual.

"Of course it was unusual not to have two men in a police cruiser. But the reason is that half of the force was on guard duty."

Sassa also said this about police work at the time of the assassination:

"The FBI and Dallas police were concentrating their surveillance on some 20 potentially dangerous ultra-rightists in the Dallas area. They were not paying much attention to leftists. Recent assaults, such as that upon Adlai Stevenson, had been made by rightist elements. We've made the same mistake in Japan. I served as a bodyguard for Russia's Anastas Mikoyan, for example. We watched the rightists, not leftists.

"I met a number of Dallas policemen who were fast frequently in Ruby's place [Jack Ruby shot Oswald to death two days after the President's assassination], and regularly accepted free drinks. No good policeman leaves without paying for his own drinks no matter what the deal is with the management. But I could find no indication of any police connivance in exposing Oswald to possible assassination. In any security operation there's yudan [negligence]. It's always obvious later. We are guilty of this in Japan too. In retrospect, we've done some foolish things."

[Following page not available from source.]

Edited by Tom Scully

• 3 months later...

[...] I saw this document on maryferrell.org a couple of days ago, and decided it was worth everyone having a look.....

CONFIDENTIAL COMMUNICATION

DECEMBER 1, 1963

U.S. ATTORNEY GENERAL ROBERT F. KENNEDY & MR. ALLEN W. DULLES

WHITE HOUSE 1600 PENNSYLVANIA AVE.

WASHINGTON, D.C.

DEAR SIRS: THERE ARE POSSIBLY NO TWO MEN ALIVE IN AMERICA WHO HAVE BROUGHT AS MUCH INJURY TO MY LIFE THE PAST FEW YEARS THAN ROBERT KENNEDY AND ALLEN DULLES, YET, RECALLING A TIME WHEN I HELD YOU BOTH IN HIGHEST ADMIRATION, I LOOK TO THOSE DAYS FROM WHICH I FEEL COMMENDED TO DIRECT THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION TO YOUR ATTENTION.

THE FOLLOWING MAY HAVE NO BEARING ON THE TRAGIC ASSASSINATION OF PRESIDENT KENNEDY, BUT I NEVER THE LESS SUBMIT IT FOR YOUR STUDY AND CONSIDERATION.[/i]

1.Monday, November 25, 1963, while watching television camera scenes of Lee Harvey Oswald being moved from the Dallas City Police basement, and subsequent murder at about 11:20 A.M., I was immediately taken back by the announcement that our witnessing of Oswalds murder was committed by one Ruby, Jack Ruby.

2. When Jack Ruby’s picture was released over the television, I said to my friend in our Shaw Hotel room, “my god, I know that man!”

I know that man, but where do I know him from, and with whom?

3. During the past 8 day’s I have tried to back-track my life in the most recent years and in various cities where I have might have known this man or those to whom he was associated. If my memory serves me right, Jack Ruby was visiting syndicate members in San Diego between the last months of 1961 and early months of 1962. The meeting of the Syndicate Members was at the “Brass Rail,” a bar-restaurant owned by two Hungarian members. It is used as a homosexual bar, much as the New York Syndicate under the former Gallo gang used some dozen homosexual bars as ‘fronts.” Today the Syndicate in New York and Chicago are using Exotic Dance bars, strip-tease bars, harem dancing bars, and the giant hot-dog house as “fronts.”

4. Jack Ruby is known as a “fingerman” in these operations, and not only is it probable for him to have had a hand in stimulating the assassination of President Kennedy by Oswald, but likewise pre-arranged the attitudes for the assassination which was ordered from the East Coast. Oswald was a “sitting duck” to be used for the actual killing of President Kennedy. I sincerely believe that Oswald was to have met his accomplice in the theater, supposedly been highly paid, thence escaped to Mexico & Cuba. If I am right in my deductions, that it was The Syndicate that instigated the thought of the assassination, then Oswald would have been liquidated within a few hours of President Kennedy’s death anyway.

5. I have a very strong feeling that Jack Ruby might well have been the “finger-man” who set up the murder of

Nick deJohn in San Francisco. You should really confront the above-mentioned to Jack Ruby, it might jar him a bit!

Please know that I deeply regret that so much action was taken against my mail and other outlets while in San Diego 1961, for as I then suggested in my communications, I could have indeed forwarded some very strong evidence against the welfare of our people which eminated from near the border

I wish you every good luck by the investigations, stressing the most careful analysis and protection to those who might give testimony during the trial.

I likewise suggest that Mr. Robert Kennedy personally take greater precautions for himself and family until such time as he retires as Attorney General.

I prefer not to sign my name, rather just enclosing one of my old cards to acknowledge the sender of this letter. As you know from my past letters, I have very little confidence in the local FBI office maintaining silence regarding my name. please do not acknowledge this letter to them here.

Respectfully Yours

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...amp;relPageId=2

To be quite honest, I am posting this letter to show a cross-section of some of the material I run into at maryferrell.org.

To a degree the letter seems like a very credible document, but on the other hand, what area of government operations could RFK and Dulles possibly be in a position to have caused problems for anybody?......That is my problem with it, ie the document in question.

Does anybody know what year Nick deJohn was murdered? I believe it was circa 1953-56.......

Whoever wrote the above letter was confusing the still-existing gay "Brass Rail" bar (in the Hillcrest area of San Diego) with the no-longer-existing, Mafia-owned, downtown San Diego "Gold Rail" bar, which was owned by the most feared hitman on the west coast, Frank "The Bomp" Bompensiero, and two close relatives of LA mafia boss Jack Dragna. :hotorwot

FWIW, a couple of years ago I spoke with a manager of the Brass Rail and asked him if the bar had ever been owned by a couple of Hungarians. The answer was "No."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Bompensiero

http://www.sandiegoreader.com/news/1999/mar/11/cover-fateful-check-us-grant/

Tommy :sun

Edited by Thomas Graves

The set up and the follow through of the hit on Oswald really was a work of art in its execution. The lighting required for televised reporting of Oswald's transfer, taking place in a basement, put the security force responsible for protecting Oswald at a disadvantage since the bright lights made it more difficult to see who was emerging from behind those lights.

Ruby himself was a Trojan horse in that basement, as he had cultivated a presence at the DPD HQ and was a familiar and uneventful face to so many of the DPD personnel; he was at the friday night press conference, and spotted in the hall that night, as well.

Finally, what other way could Oswald have been taken out that would have so effectively eliminated the incredulity that naturally followed the shooting of Oswald, than to televise the crime, live, coast to coast, while a huge number of the citzenry had the eyes glued to their TV screens for the third day in a row?

A hit designed by geniuses, so well thought out that its impact was blunted, in advance, to the extent that it could possibly be, the lights that permitted the televised record that was the ultimate insurance against too many doubts as to how it could possibly happen, were the same lights that helped to mask Ruby's approach.

Genius in its design that also made it impossible to thoroughly investigate the angle of a conspiracy, vs. random luck amidst an unconnected series of coincidences? But, since in its own way it was so brilliant in its planning and execution, if it was planned, how could it all have been coincidence, right down to Ruby just being probably the most likely man for the job, purely by happenstance, chosen by no one, acting on spontaneous impulse...the official narrative.

Thanks for your thoughts on this Thomas and Tom,

And also for Robert's incisive posts.

They do not go unnoticed.

BK

[...] I saw this document on maryferrell.org a couple of days ago, and decided it was worth everyone having a look.....

DECEMBER 1, 1963

WASHINGTON, D.C.

DEAR SIRS: THERE ARE POSSIBLY NO TWO MEN ALIVE IN AMERICA WHO HAVE BROUGHT AS MUCH INJURY TO MY LIFE THE PAST FEW YEARS THAN ROBERT KENNEDY AND ALLEN DULLES, YET, RECALLING A TIME WHEN I HELD YOU BOTH IN HIGHEST ADMIRATION, I LOOK TO THOSE DAYS FROM WHICH I FEEL COMMENDED TO DIRECT THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION TO YOUR ATTENTION.

THE FOLLOWING MAY HAVE NO BEARING ON THE TRAGIC ASSASSINATION OF PRESIDENT KENNEDY, BUT I NEVER THE LESS SUBMIT IT FOR YOUR STUDY AND CONSIDERATION.[/i]

1.Monday, November 25, 1963, while watching television camera scenes of Lee Harvey Oswald being moved from the Dallas City Police basement, and subsequent murder at about 11:20 A.M., I was immediately taken back by the announcement that our witnessing of Oswalds murder was committed by one Ruby, Jack Ruby.

2. When Jack Ruby’s picture was released over the television, I said to my friend in our Shaw Hotel room, “my god, I know that man!”

3. During the past 8 day’s I have tried to back-track my life in the most recent years and in various cities where I have might have known this man or those to whom he was associated. If my memory serves me right, Jack Ruby was visiting syndicate members in San Diego between the last months of 1961 and early months of 1962. The meeting of the Syndicate Members was at the “Brass Rail,” a bar-restaurant owned by two Hungarian members. It is used as a homosexual bar, much as the New York Syndicate under the former Gallo gang used some dozen homosexual bars as ‘fronts.” Today the Syndicate in New York and Chicago are using Exotic Dance bars, strip-tease bars, harem dancing bars, and the giant hot-dog house as “fronts.”

4. Jack Ruby is known as a “fingerman” in these operations, and not only is it probable for him to have had a hand in stimulating the assassination of President Kennedy by Oswald, but likewise pre-arranged the attitudes for the assassination which was ordered from the East Coast. Oswald was a “sitting duck” to be used for the actual killing of President Kennedy. I sincerely believe that Oswald was to have met his accomplice in the theater, supposedly been highly paid, thence escaped to Mexico & Cuba. If I am right in my deductions, that it was The Syndicate that instigated the thought of the assassination, then Oswald would have been liquidated within a few hours of President Kennedy’s death anyway.

5. I have a very strong feeling that Jack Ruby might well have been the “finger-man” who set up the murder of

Nick deJohn in San Francisco. You should really confront the above-mentioned to Jack Ruby, it might jar him a bit!

Please know that I deeply regret that so much action was taken against my mail and other outlets while in San Diego 1961, for as I then suggested in my communications, I could have indeed forwarded some very strong evidence against the welfare of our people which eminated from near the border

I wish you every good luck by the investigations, stressing the most careful analysis and protection to those who might give testimony during the trial.

I likewise suggest that Mr. Robert Kennedy personally take greater precautions for himself and family until such time as he retires as Attorney General.

I prefer not to sign my name, rather just enclosing one of my old cards to acknowledge the sender of this letter. As you know from my past letters, I have very little confidence in the local FBI office maintaining silence regarding my name. please do not acknowledge this letter to them here.

Respectfully Yours

To be quite honest, I am posting this letter to show a cross-section of some of the material I run into at maryferrell.org.

To a degree the letter seems like a very credible document, but on the other hand, what area of government operations could RFK and Dulles possibly be in a position to have caused problems for anybody?......That is my problem with it, ie the document in question.

Does anybody know what year Nick deJohn was murdered? I believe it was circa 1953-56.......

Whoever wrote the above letter probably confused the gay "Brass Rail" for the mafia "Gold Rail" which was owned by the most feared hitman on the west coast, Frank "The Bomp" Bompensiero, and two close relatives of LA mafia boss Jack Dragna. :hotorwot

--Thomas

dead link removed

Edited by Thomas Graves

• 1 month later...

DECEMBER 1, 1963

WASHINGTON, D.C.

Respectfully Yours

Whoever wrote the above letter probably confused the gay "Brass Rail" (which used to be downtown San Diego but which is now a couple miles north in the Hillcrest neighborhood) for the Mafia's "Gold Rail" which was owned by the most feared hitman on the west coast, Frank "The Bomp" Bompensiero. :hotorwot

--Thomas

dead links removed; live ones added:

edited and bumped

Edited by Thomas Graves

• 1 month later...

As someone who has read JFK and The Unspeakable and Harvey and Lee, as I was perusing some rather obscure portions of the Warren Commission documents, I was more than slightly surprised to discover that Mr. January knew, or at the least was acquainted with the Carousel Club and Jack Ruby.

It is not my intention to cast aspersions on the work of author's John Armstrong or James Douglass, but I do believe this aspect of documents regarding Wayne January and the Redbird Airport goings on, is something people should be aware of, after all, the devil is in the details.

Commission Document 106 - FBI Clements Report of 31 Dec 1963 re: Ruby

page 47

The following interview was conducted by SA's KENNETH B. JACKSON and JOHN V. ALMON on November 29, 1963.

AT DALLAS, TEXAS.

WAYNE JANUARY, owner, American Aviation Company, Room 101, Terminal Building,

Redbird Airport, advised that from February through April 1963, he,

together with several friends, on occasion frequented the Carousel Club, Dallas, Texas

which he understands is owned by one Jack Ruby.

JANUARY stated that during February 1963, he received an anonymous telephone call from a man

who offered him the sum of $50, 000.00 to fly to Laredo, Texas and back with no questions asked.

JANUARY said he surmised that this individual planned to transport narcotics to Dallas and

for this reason he declined the offer. JANUARY further stated that during March, 1963, he

received a second anonymous telephone call from a man who wanted him to fly

$12,000.000.00 worth of gold dust to Mexico City where he was to pick up the currency and

return with it back to Dallas.

He stated that this individual offered him $400,000.00 to make this flight

which he also declined.

JANUARY stated during the latter part of July, 1963, a man and a woman whom he had never

seen before contacted him at his office at which time they inquired about chartering a plane

for a trip to "Old Mexico." JANUARY stated that when he asked this man questions essential

to such a flight he was definitely evasive in his answers.

JANUARY explained that this individual did not appear to know exactly where he desired to go

in Mexico but said something about the West Coast. Furthermore, he did not appear to know

when he desired to return or exactly how many passengers could be expected on the flight.

JANUARY said that this man, after stating that he did not wish to make the flight for a couple

of months, stated that he would consider the information which JANUARY had given him and

let him know at a later date.

He said that when the couple left he observed a third man who had been waiting in their automobile

during the entire conversation, and after observing a photograph of LEE HARVEY OSWALD

on television it now seems to him that this man somewhat resembled OSWALD

that they did not appear to him to be persons of sufficient financial means

to charter a trip such as the one discussed.

reiterated that the man was not OSWALD although he was not definitely sure in this respect.

JANUARY was unable to offer any additional information which might be of assistance in

identifying the man and woman who inquired about the flight to Mexico. He said

JANUARY reiterated the fact that the man, accompanied by the unidentified woman, who made

inquiries concerning a chartered flight to Mexico, was not LEE HARVEY OSWALD

and said that he has no records, or any other method of identifying the persons who contacted

him during the latter part of July, 1963.

JANUARY further commented that he never visited the Carousel Club, when he did not observe

several plainclothes officers, and when a friend of his attempted to date one of the performers

KATHY KAY, she informed this friend that she had to go with another man, whom she identified

as a plainclothes officer.

JANUARY concluded with the opinion that JACK RUBY was not the type individual who

would have killed, or attempted to kill, anyone charged with the assassination of the President.

He said he does not think that RUBY would care that much, even about his own mother.

http://www.maryferre...06&relPageId=68

And although I do not place much credibility in the foregoing allegation, I believe,

"Leaks or revelations are often more compelling because of what they don't reveal."

FBI 62-109060 JFK HQ File, Section 193

July 9, 1977 Fred Coleman, Fred Burns, Coweta, Oklahoma pilot alleges he flew Jack Ruby to Mexico before assassination

El Paso.

This memorandum reflects the result of an interview with Fred Coleman Route 2 Box 103A Coweta, Oklahoma on May 9 1977

The records of the Dallas Texas Office of the Federal Bureau of Investigation do not reflect any identifiable information

regarding Fred Coleman, Fred Burns or (First Name Unknown) Gonzales

[ ] Coweta, Oklahoma, telephone [redacted] voluntarily contacted SA [redacted] at Kips Big Boy Restaurant, located at 37th Street

and Memorial, Tulsa, Oklahoma, and provided the following information.

[ ] advised that he lived in El Paso, Texas, from approximately 1956 until 1967 and had a partnership in a Chevrolet-Cadillac

Agency in El Paso with an individual named [redacted] . [redacted] also advised that he had 51- percent stock in the Crystal-Ray Airport located in El Paso, Texas during this period of time that he lived there. Other jobs held by [redacted] were flight instructor for Southwest Aviation Rangers, Pilot and employee of telephone company.

[ ] advised that [ ] introduced him to (first name unknown) Gonzales, a Mexican-male, 5'11"-6', medium build who wore a pencil-thin mustache, weight approximately 175 pounds and wore very expensive clothing on occasion and at other times casual clothing such as a sports coat.

He stated that Gonzales made arrangements for him [ ] to fly individuals across the border from El Paso close to Juarez,

Mexico, where these individuals would meet with other persons and then he would fly them back to El Paso.

[ ] made many such trips and one of these trips ended up in his plane being crashed in Mexico, somewhere close to Big Bend National Park he advised this incident was written up in the newspapers with the names of the other two individuals. He was not prosecuted for this incident.

prosecute him for this minor offense. [ ] advised that he made one of his trips from El Paso to near Juarez, Mexico on the same night that FBI agents captured an airline hijacker at El Paso airport

[ ] advised that he purchased a B51 airplane for Gonzales sometime in 1962 and flew this airplane off the coast of Florida on a small island for Gonzales. He was supposed to have taken plane to Yucatan, Mexico however he refused to do this and was told to go to the alternate site in Florida. He advised that Gonzales stated this plane was to be used for the efforts to overthrow Fidel Castro in Cuba and that he was offered a job

as a pilot by Gonzales and he refused.

[ ] advised that approximately one month before the assassination of President John F Kennedy he flew an individual on two occasions from El Paso to Mexico to meet with persons there. This individual he flew from El Paso to Mexico was named Jack (last name unknown).

[ ] advised that he did not know at the time but after the assassination of John F. Kennedy when pictures were displayed in various newspapers he advised that this person he flew to Juarez, Mexico was Jack Ruby. He stated that on this second occasion that he flew Ruby to Mexico to meet with an individual he met with a person who looked very much like the photographs of Lee Harvey Oswald. [ ] stated this is the only times that he has met either of these individuals and although he made several flights of this nature after the assassination of Kennedy, he never saw these individuals again. He stated that one month after this assassination, two FBI agents located him in El Paso and asked him if he was involved in smuggling activities between the United States and Mexico via airplane at which point he lied to the FBI agents and told them that he had not been involved in any flights where no flight plan was filed. He advised he did this inasmuch as he felt that he would be prosecuted for illegal activities

[ ] stated that the reason he was coming to the FBI with this information at the present time is that he felt that the statute of limitations on any of his illegal activities had passed and he would not embarrass himself or his family by coming forth with information now.

Coleman

Name [redacted]

Sex Male

Race White

Date of Birth [redacted]

Place of Birth Oklahoma, City, Oklahoma

Height 5'101/2"

Weight 160

Hair Grey

Eyes Blue

Social Security Number [redacted]

Residence Coweta, Oklahoma

http://www.maryferre...87&relPageId=69

I used to get really excited when I saw a document such as the one I have posted above,

but that was before I started spending a great deal of time looking at documents referenced

as indicative of a relationship between Oswald and Ruby. Although, I don't believe Ruby and Oswald

didn't know each other, but absolute irrefutable proof of a relationship is, how do you say,

elusive. Although it is just an opinion, to me, the strongest indication of a relationship,

is the expression on Lee Oswald's face, moments before he was shot in the Dallas Municipal

Building.

If you decide to look [at documents] for yourself, a great deal of

such documents are usually framed in the context of a "Communist Party" affiliation, or a "Castro did it"

allegation.

[see Peter Dale Scott Phase One and Phase Two Oswald Deceptions]

What makes the above interesting to me is Mr. Coleman/Burns, description of the Hispanic

individual seems strikingly reminiscent of someone who is in the New Orleans film footage

taken from August 9, 1963 when Oswald was arrested in the [staged] fracas with Carlos Bringuer, where there

are several "Latins" who are behind Oswald as he exits the inside of a building, and look

rather uncomfortable in front of the camera. I am sorry I cannot be more specific.

At any rate, the fact that he made this type of allegation, and his description of Mr. Gonzalez

is not unimportant, even if it were not true, if that makes sense.

What has become acutely critical is the need, inasmuch as is possible, to determine

the center of the conspiracy, as opposed to the periphery.

One last thing, a great deal of dead ends in the investigations

such as in the era of the Inspector General's Report

involved headline news stories, chiefly as

a result of Jack Anderson's "investigative reporting"

President Johnson Sitting on Political H-Bomb

Was Robert Kennedy Responsible for his Brothers Murder?

I might have called them "planted deceptions,"

even though whether Jack Anderson, knew he was being "played"

is another story, nevertheless one of the

most pertinent allegations was that the "assassins" of

President Kennedy were originally anti-Castro operatives

who had been captured in Cuba, in February or March 1963

in a DGI rollup, and consequently "turned" and placed in the US

where the wicked deed was done. In all of my research, I have

never seen any reference to, at least a CIA penetration

operation that was "rolled up" in the time frame alleged,

which leads me strongly to consider that the reason

I have never seen "proof" of when this pivotal event

took place, is that it never did take place.

Edited by Robert Howard

• 1 year later...
Guest Robert Morrow

Jack Ruby in a letter smuggled from jail, pinned the JFK assassination on Lyndon Johnson. I don't know if this is because Ruby was involved in the plot, or just involved in the cover up or because Ruby had been reading some of the very early books on the JFK assassination. I know he read the book "A Texas Looks at Lyndon: A Study in Illegitimate Power" by J. Evetts Haley.

Jack Ruby’s Letter From Jail:

[Grammatical errors are reproduced from the original]

Dear Joe

You have known me a long time, and certainly have judged me as to my character and my behavior when I operated my niteclubs for 18 years in Dallas, and have never been involved in anything illegal in all the years I’ve spent in Dallas. Of course you know how regretful I am for the embarrasement I’ve caused the Dallas Police when I lost my head that Sunday morning. Especially since I’ve had so many Dallas Police as my friends. Well, what I’m going to write now is going to shock you. That I’m being framed for being in on the assassination, that I had been used to silence Oswald.

The reason why I know all of these things, is because of the many tricks and ruses that were played on me during my incarceration here at the county jail. You will find out at a future date that what I am stating here will be true. You must believe me Joe, that the only reason I committed that horrible crime, because of my love for the President and his wife.

Please remember me to Joe Cody, Mike Eberhardt, Blankenship, Carlson, Buddy Mineter, Walter Fannin, Bill Everett, Tommy Tilson, Perry, Capt. Dyson, Cornwall Ganaway, and all the rest that are too many to mention here. Someday Joe, you will find out what President Johnson is! What he had to do with the assination. One thing for certain Joe, he could’nt stand a polygraph test.

Remember Joe, he was the only one who gained by the assination, and the Jews are being used as a scapegoat for his crime. How did Oswald, who never worked a day in his life, suddenly decide to take a job at the most vulnerable spot to commit the crime. He went to work a week or ten days at the book building before even Kennedy knew he himself was coming to Dallas. Kennedy did’nt know he was coming to Dallas until a week before he made the trip. Who up in Washington was so close to the President to know this information and pass it on to Oswald. Figure that one out. Also that shot he took at Gen .Walker was a fake pretence to make it look as though he was crazy. He could’nt hit Walker at 15 ft. and yet he hit a bull’s eye at 200 yds ???

Some later date you will find out who was behind all of this by the actions of the President and then you will find out how he fooled the world. Joe make some phone calls to some Jewish people though the phone books etc. you will find that many have disappeared. Be careful Joe as to how you check on anything and also what I’m telling you here, and also who you can trust. Stay away from P.T. Dean, he is in the conspiracy.

I think my family has been done way with. For your own curiousity, try and call these numbers. Call from a phone booth, so they can’t trace these calls. If no one answers at these numbers you will know something is wrong.

Eileen Kaminsky

Ho-5-3280 Chicago

Marrian Carroll

SHELL DRAKE 3-0984 Chicago

Earl Ruby

353-3070

his cleaning plant

UN. 3-0400 Detroit

Joe, be careful in how you handle all of this. Joe, I know you will think that I’m out of my mind, because this is all too fantastic to believe, but what you got to lose, by just keeping your eyes open and being on the alert. Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction.

Remember me, as you always have known me Joe, I’ve never changed and have always been what you believed me to be. But if some people for political reasons, and power want to use me as a political scapegoat, than I am helpless to oppose them, because of being behind bars. Their would be no point in me trying to convince you as to my innocence as to a conspiracy, because you could’nt me anyway, but its a terrible feeling one has knowing you had such a great love for your country and your president and then someone can frame you and complete reverse that and make you out as a traitor. It hurts Joe when you know it it’nt true. Try and get the book Texan looks at Lyndon, and you will find out what kind of person he really is.

[Eric R. Tagg, “Brush With History: A Day in the Life of Deputy E. R. Walthers, pp. 86-87]

Edited by Robert Morrow

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Robert Morrow

New book on Jack Ruby assassinating Oswald. http://blog.nj.com/njv_paul_mulshine//print.html?entry=/2013/02/on_the_jfk_assassination_the_t.html

Also, here: http://www.politickernj.com/62933/eyewitness-reporter-turned-polling-director-carroll-writes-book-oswald-killing

Maurice "Mickey" Carroll will be self-publishing his book "Accidental Assassin — Jack Ruby and Four Minutes in Dallas."

On the JFK assassination, the truth hurts - but it doesn't pay

2371.png By Paul Mulshine/The Star LedgerThe Star-Ledger

on February 17, 2013 at 9:51 AM, updated February 17, 2013 at 9:52 AM

Fifty years ago, Maurice "Mickey" Carroll was a young reporter for the New York Herald Tribune whose duties led him to become an eyewitness to the shooting of Lee Harvey Oswald by Jack Ruby.

Or at least that’s what he thinks. What the conspiracy theorists say can be quite another matter. Did you know that the guy shot that day was not Oswald, but a body double? And it wasn’t Ruby who shot him. That was staged. The cops actually shot Oswald in the ambulance on the way to the hospital.

And of course there’s the role of the CIA in setting up the assassination. Or was it Vice President Lyndon Johnson? And then there’s the mystery gunman standing on the grassy knoll — lined up behind dozens of other mystery gunmen, each representing a different conspiracy.

None of that stuff has any relationship to reality, but it sells books and movie tickets. As for the truth, it can’t find a publisher. Carroll, who became polling director for the Quinnipiac Poll after years in the news business, will be self-publishing his book "Accidental Assassin — Jack Ruby and Four Minutes in Dallas." (See Max Pizarro's piece on that here.)

The four minutes in question ranged from 11:17 to 11:21 a.m. on Sunday morning, Nov. 24, 1963. Carroll had flown into Dallas the day before with Jimmy Breslin, just one of the prose stylists at a paper known as a haven for great writers.

"At 11:17, Jack Ruby is in a Western Union place sending money to a stripteaser who danced for him," Carroll said. "He wanders across the street to the police station, Oswald comes out, and he shoots him."

If Ruby had been planning to shoot Oswald, he wouldn’t have risked missing the opportunity by wiring that money, Carroll said. All of the evidence indicates the hot-tempered Ruby shot Oswald on the spur of the moment in a misguided attempt to salvage the honor of Dallas after the popular president was gunned down there.

Conspiracy theorists have made much of the lax security surrounding Oswald, but that’s just the way things were, Carroll recalled. Reporters had the run of the police station that morning. Carroll took an elevator up to the cell where Oswald was being held and asked him as he was being led downstairs whether he had shot the president. Had Oswald answered, those might have been his last words. Alas, he didn’t.

As for Ruby, there was no great mystery about why he was permitted to get so close to Kennedy’s assassin. He was a wannabe cop who gave the police entrée to the strip club he ran. But mystery is more attractive than non-mystery, and it wasn’t long before the first of the conspiracy theories emerged. Carroll’s editors gave him the job of keeping an eye on them.

"They assigned me to keep an eye on the nuts," said the 82-year-old Carroll, who has a home in Morris Township. To that end, Carroll compiled a list of

25 unanswered questions about the

assassination. When the Warren Commission report came out the following year, he found all 25 had been answered. But the 888-page report was tough reading for the general public, and that created an opportunity for the conspiracy crowd.

"To have the most glamorous president in history killed by a nobody just wasn’t right," he said.

It was correct, however. And Carroll had as good a look at the evidence as anyone. He even visited the rooming house where Oswald had stayed and talked to some of the roomers amazed that the guy down the hall shot the president.

This should make for great reading, but Carroll doesn’t have high hopes for making the best-seller list. As a pollster, he’s well aware of the polls showing that about three-quarters of Americans believe the conspiracy theories.

"This is for the record," he said. "When this comes out, nobody will buy it, but I will be denounced by some of the existing screwballs."

The problem with said screwballs is that their theories have so many holes that debunking them has become a field of research all its own. Noted author and attorney Vincent Bugliosi even put together a 1,512-page dissection of the flaws in the various theories.

Fear not, reader. Carroll’s tome will come in at about a tenth that length.

"It’s fairly short and beautifully written — as all Herald Tribune stories are," he said.

• 4 months later...

I ran across Ian Griggs [No Case To Answer] listing of Ruby's strippers, which is, well speaks for itself. I might add unless I am mistaken the only name I was familiar with that wasn't on his list was Marilyn Wysong.....

Additionally there was a maryferrell.org blurb that one of Ruby's strippers was living with a retired Corpus Christi Judge around the time of 1963/64, his name was Judge Cullen W. Briggs.

JOSEPHINE BRIGGS

WC Vol 24 p 438

Mary's Comments: On 12/6/63 Captain Fritz made two postcards "available" from Briggs.

1312 1/2 Commerce Street, Dallas: Jack Ruby's Carousel Club, by Ian Griggs
https://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?docId=16245&relPageId=14

One particular stripper Tuesday Ryan aka Ramona Wagner, is like other members of the Forum of interest to me......

Edited by Robert Howard

• 1 month later...

DECEMBER 1, 1963

WASHINGTON, D.C.

Respectfully Yours

Whoever wrote this letter probably confused the still-existent and gay "Brass Rail" bar (in Hillcrest, a couple of miles north of downtown San Diego) for the no-longer-existing, Mafia-owned, downtown San Diego "Gold Rail" bar, which was owned by the most feared hitman on the West Coast, Frank "The Bomp" Bompensiero, and two close relatives of former LA mafia boss Jack Dragna (who, by the way, was an associate of John Roselli).

FWIW, a couple of years ago I asked the manager of the Brass Rail if it had ever been owned by a couple of Hungarians. The answer was "No."

--Tommy :sun

Edited and bumped because Bill Kelley apparently found some value in it way back in March of 2011. Well, at least it didn't go "unnoticed" by him and that really really really made my day. LOL

Edited by Thomas Graves

• 2 months later...

DECEMBER 1, 1963

WASHINGTON, D.C.

Respectfully Yours

Robert,

Whoever wrote this letter confused (perhaps intentionally) the gay Brass Rail bar (in Hillcrest, a couple of miles north of downtown San Diego; "open since 1960") for the no-longer-existing, downtown San Diego Gold Rail bar, which was owned by the most feared hitman on the West Coast, Frank Bompensiero, and Frank Paul "One Eye" Dragna, son of Los Angles boss Jack Dragna (who, by the way, was an associate of Johnny Roselli).

FWIW, a couple of years ago I knocked on the door of the Brass Rail before it opened one morning (I'm not a patron -- LOL) and asked the manager if it had ever been owned by a couple of Hungarians.

The answer was "No."

Edited and bumped because Bill Kelley apparently found some value in it way back in March of 2011. Well, at least it didn't go "unnoticed" by him and that really really really made my day. LOL

Bumped again because the letter was printed in today's (11/21/13) edition of the San Diego Reader magazine, in an article by the illustrious Martin Potter.

PS The exclamation marks, excellent vocabulary, grammar and punctuation used by the writer reminds me of Gerry Patrick Hemming [R.I.P.] .

Edited by Thomas Graves

• 1 year later...

DECEMBER 1, 1963

WASHINGTON, D.C.

Nick deJohn [sic] in San Francisco. You should really confront the above-mentioned to Jack Ruby, it might jar him a bit!

Please know that I deeply regret that so much action was taken against my mail and other outlets while in San Diego 1961, for as I then suggested in my communications, I could have indeed forwarded some very strong evidence against the welfare of our people which eminated [sic] from near the border

Respectfully Yours

Robert,

Whoever wrote this letter confused (perhaps intentionally) the gay Brass Rail bar (in Hillcrest, a couple of miles north of downtown San Diego; "open since 1960") for the straight, no-longer-existing, downtown San Diego Gold Rail, which was owned by the most feared Mafia hitman on the West Coast, Frank Bompensiero, and "One Eye" Frank Paul Dragna, son of Los Angles mob boss Jack Dragna (an associate of Johnny Roselli). "Syndicate" members wouldn't have met at the gay Brass Rail, they would have met at the mafia-owned Gold Rail, which was situated very near the luxurious U.S. Grant Hotel in downtown San Diego.

FWIW, a couple of years ago I knocked on the door of the Brass Rail before it opened one morning (I'm not a patron -- LOL) and asked the manager if it had ever been owned by a couple of Hungarians.

The answer was "No."

"Bompensiero was proud of the Gold Rail. Actually, if you are to believe the license and the Yellow Pages listing, the “Gold Rail Steak House.” No steak was served. Law said you had to serve food. Bompensiero didn’t serve food." --Martin Potter

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Dragna

Bumped again because the letter was printed in today's (11/21/13) edition of the San Diego Reader magazine, in an article by the illustrious Martin Potter.

To answer Robert Howard's question, mafioso Nick de John was murdered May 7, 1947.

http://archives.chicagotribune.com/1947/05/10/page/3/article/former-chicago-hoodlum-slain-on-west-coast

PS The liberal use of quotation marks and hyphens in the letter, as well as the exclamation mark, the good vocabulary, the near perfect spelling, the excellent grammar, the proper use of commas, and the generally good punctuation (there are a couple of errors) reminds me very much of the writings of Gerry Patrick Hemming.

I think the letter was an elaborate joke by Hemming (e.g., the Shaw Hotel was a "Negro" hotel in Harlem -- why even mention that he and his friend were staying at the "Shaw Hotel" ; the "writer" comes across as being "possibly" gay himself -- how else would the "writer" have known about the gay Brass Rail (est. 1960) if he hadn't been there himself when he was in San Diego "in 1961," etc.). I think Hemming wrote this letter not only as a joke, but to also to direct RFK's attention away from the CIA and towards the Mafia in regard to the assassination of his brother And to send RFK on a couple of "wild goose chases," trying to figure out what the writer meant when he said his mail had been messed with in San Diego in 1961, and talking about threats to the welfare of our people emanating "from near the border," etc.

BTW, it's interesting that the "originator" of the document ("CIA") doesn't say where the letter was mailed from.

http://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=73129#relPageId=1&tab=page

Edited by Thomas Graves