The Education Forum

The Strange Case of J. Timothy Gratz

John Simkin

I was reading Richard E. Sprague's book, The Taking of America, today. I came across an interesting passage suggesting that the Power Control Group was involved in the plot to assassinate George Wallace. It includes this passage:

<span style='color:blue'>What evidence is there that Bremer's attempt on Wallace was a directed attempt by a conspiratorial group? Bremer himself has told his brother that others were involved and that he was paid by them. Researcher William Turner has turned up evidence in Milwaukee and surrounding towns in Wisconsin that Bremer received money from a group associated with Dennis Cossini, Donald Segretti and J. Timothy Gratz. Several other young "leftists" were seen with Bremer on several occasions in Milwaukee and on the ferry crossing at Lake Michigan. </span>

That would not be our Tim Gratz would it?

http://www.ratical.org/ratville/JFK/ToA/ToAchp8.html

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was reading Richard E. Sprague's book, The Taking of America, today. I came across an interesting passage suggesting that the Power Control Group was involved in the plot to assassinate George Wallace. It includes this passage:

What evidence is there that Bremer's attempt on Wallace was a directed attempt by a conspiratorial group? Bremer himself has told his brother that others were involved and that he was paid by them. Researcher William Turner has turned up evidence in Milwaukee and surrounding towns in Wisconsin that Bremer received money from a group associated with Dennis Cossini, Donald Segretti and J. Timothy Gratz. Several other young "leftists" were seen with Bremer on several occasions in Milwaukee and on the ferry crossing at Lake Michigan.

That would not be our Tim Gratz would it?

http://www.ratical.org/ratville/JFK/ToA/ToAchp8.html

GREAT book and it's online for all to read.

I await Mr Gratz' response with baited breath, anticipating a prompt denial.

I did notice the Donald Segretti connection some time back.

Gee....wonder what this means :ph34r:)

Dawn

There is another interesting link between Arthur Bremer and E. Howard Hunt. On 15th May Arthur Bremer attempted to assassinate George Wallace. As a result Charles Colson ordered Hunt to break into Bremer's apartment to see if he could find any information that the Democratic Party was involved in the assassination. However, some have claimed that Hunt's role was to remove incriminating documents from Bremer's home. Some people believe that the documents that Hunt got from Bremer's apartment were in his safe in the White House. These were passed by John Dean to L. Patrick Gray, acting head of the FBI. Gray destroyed these documents six months later at his home. There are some people who believe these were never destroyed but were used to blackmail others into silence about what they knew about the assassination of JFK.

Some people believe that the documents that Hunt got from Bremer's apartment were in his safe in the White House.

Hunt claims that he never went to the apartment. In Undercover, he says that Colson called and ordered him to get into the apartment and see what he could find, but Hunt wondered how he was going to get into an apartment that was secured by FBI agents, and his wife Dorothy told him to ignore the order. Hunt was going to go anyway, but Colson called him back and told him to forget about it.

Ron

. As a result Charles Colson ordered Hunt to break into Bremer's apartment to see if he could find any information that the Democratic Party was involved in the assassination.

..... There are some people who believe these were never destroyed but were used to blackmail others into silence about what they knew about the assassination of JFK.

___________________________--

Oh if only someone could prevail upon Chuck Colson to tell all. Bare his "Christian" soul. I have no reason to believe he is not a Christian, but he has never been forthcoming, and certainly does not respond to people like us with questions about his FULL role in Watergate.

I wrote to him two years ago and did not receive a response.

I wrote to him two years ago and did not receive a response.

It's Colson's position that we'll all know the truth in the Sweet By and By.

Ron

Edited by Ron Ecker

Tim's been tumbled!

Although I am certain that J. Timothy Gratz is our Tim Gratz, this in itself does not mean that Richard E. Sprague/William Turner is right that "Bremer received money from a group associated with Dennis Cossini, Donald Segretti and J. Timothy Gratz". We know that Tim was connected to Segretti. I will be interested to hear if he was also associated with Dennis Cossini.

According to "newspaperwoman Sybil Leek and lawyer-turned-investigative-reporter Bert Sugar, while Bremer was at the Lord Elgin hotel in Ottawa, he met with a Dennis Cossini. Famed conspiracy researcher Mae Brussell and Alan Stang identified Cossini as a CIA operative. Cossini was found dead from a massive heroin overdose in July, 1972, just two months after the Wallace shooting. Cossini had no history of drug use." See:

http://www.webcom.com/ctka/pr599-bremer.html

Tim's been tumbled!

Although I am certain that J. Timothy Gratz is our Tim Gratz, this in itself does not mean that Richard E. Sprague/William Turner is right that "Bremer received money from a group associated with Dennis Cossini, Donald Segretti and J. Timothy Gratz". We know that Tim was connected to Segretti. I will be interested to hear if he was also associated with Dennis Cossini.

According to "newspaperwoman Sybil Leek and lawyer-turned-investigative-reporter Bert Sugar, while Bremer was at the Lord Elgin hotel in Ottawa, he met with a Dennis Cossini. Famed conspiracy researcher Mae Brussell and Alan Stang identified Cossini as a CIA operative. Cossini was found dead from a massive heroin overdose in July, 1972, just two months after the Wallace shooting. Cossini had no history of drug use." See:

http://www.webcom.com/ctka/pr599-bremer.html

[/quot_____________

Great piece, just re-read it last week, in fact.

Was gonna suggest it when I first saw this post.

Thanks for posting it for others to read.

Dawn

John, I was wondering how long it would take for someone to discover this passage.

In all candor, I consider it libelous and legally actionable. It clearly implies I was associated with a group involved with the Wallace shooting.

The only group with which I was associated was the College Republicans. I had never heard of Arthur Bremer until the Wallace shooting and never heard of Dennis Cossini until I myself happened across this passage in Sprauge's "book''.

Nor have I ever heard of an Irwin Gratz until Mark's post.

The record is clear that rather than being "associated" with Segretti, immediately after being approached by him I reported his activities. See the Senate Watergate Committee Report and ulasewicz's memoirs.

The passage even suggests I was a "young leftist"! Talk about adding insult to injury!

Decency requires, I suggest, that you publish a retraction stating you are not aware of any evidence whatsoever that I was ever associated with Segretti, Bremer or Cassini. I know Sprague is dead.

John, did you ever attempt to contact Willam Turner about the accuracy of the passage in Sprague's book before publishing it?

I consider most of Sprague's book to be as incorrect as this passage, by the way.

Edited by Tim Gratz

John wrote:

John, Sprauge may have Turner wrong here (I have more respect for Turner than Sprague). It would be interesting to learn the "group" to which he refers.

It is wrong to assert that I was "connected to Segretti". The Senate Watergate Committee Report almost elevates me to heroic status by noting that I was apparently the ONLY person approached by Segretti that REJECTED his approaches. Okay?

Edited by Tim Gratz

John, I was wondering how long it would take for someone to discover this passage.

In all candor, I consider it libelous and legally actionable.  It clearly implies I was associated with a group involved with the Wallace shooting.

Did you consider taking legal action against Sprague while he was alive?

Do you know why he named you as being part of this group? As you pointed out you are on record as having rejected Donald Segretti’s offer to join the “dirty tricks” campaign. Several people willingly joined Segretti and were later named during the Watergate investigation. Why didn’t Sprague name one of them? Why should he pick on you? I am sure there must be an explanation for this but I cannot at the moment see what it is.

John, Srague was already dead when I first read this, or I would surely have sued him!

Of course the Senate Watergate Committee Report had been published before he wrote this. The only thing I can think of why Sprague connected me is that Bremer and I were both from Wisconsin and Segretti had approached me in Wisconsin. But in my opinion this shows just how irresponsible some "journalists" can be. Sprague makes McCarthy look like a saint! I tend to doubt his whole statement that Bremer received money from a group connected to Segretti. With what "group" was Segretti connected with? CREEP? Why didn't Sprague name the group? Do you see why I have a personal reason to doubt every statement Sprague makes in his book? This just shows he didn't bother to check his facts.

Edited by Tim Gratz