The Education Forum

Gordon Novel

This month's VANITY FAIR has an interesting piece on the Michael Jackson

child molestation and conspiracy trial.

It seems Gordon Novel is working closely with the Jacksons on the

"conspiracy" against Michael Jackson, i.e., the mob and SONY are

out to get Michael Jackson for his money.

I thought this would be a good place to post some anecdotes on

JFK assassination figure GORDON NOVEL, and comment on his claims.

Does anyone believe he was at the grassy knoll with a camera and had it

taken away from him?

taken away from him?

No. If anyone had tried to take his camera, Gordon would have hit them with his umbrella.

Ron

taken away from him?

No. If anyone had tried to take his camera, Gordon would have hit them with his umbrella.

Ron

I agree with Ron. I am 95% certain Novel was standing by the

Stemmons sign with an umbrella.

I think it is odd that he is involved with Jacko, since anything he

does seems CIA connected.

Jack :rant

I understand that Gordon was involved with UFOs for a time. Was he debunking them, promoting them, or what was the deal there? And what does it mean?

Ron

JFK assassination figure GORDON NOVEL, and comment on his claims. (Shanet Clark)

If anyone feels the need to be driven insane, then research Gordon Novel. He is one of the more bizarre individuals one could encounter. He had solid connections to Mitch WerBell, Clay Shaw, John DeLorean, Larry Flynt, Carlos Marcello, plus his name pops up in things like UFO research, the Oklahoma City bombing, Waco, plus a multitude of other controversial happenings.

I saw an interview with him on the History Channel not so long ago where he claimed Carlos Marcello showed him the photographs of Hoover and Tolson in somewhat of a compromising situation.

I believe it was Mary Ferrell who made the comment that Novel was the most dangerous man in America.

FWIW.

James

JFK assassination figure GORDON NOVEL, and comment on his claims. (Shanet Clark)

If anyone feels the need to be driven insane, then research Gordon Novel. He is one of the more bizarre individuals one could encounter. He had solid connections to Mitch WerBell, Clay Shaw, John DeLorean, Larry Flynt, Carlos Marcello, plus his name pops up in things like UFO research, the Oklahoma City bombing, Waco, plus a multitude of other controversial happenings.

I saw an interview with him on the History Channel not so long ago where he claimed Carlos Marcello showed him the photographs of Hoover and Tolson in somewhat of a compromising situation.

I believe it was Mary Ferrell who made the comment that Novel was the most dangerous man in America.

Then why did she defend him so often ?  Why did she ask him for his new phone number and address each time he moved ?  He moves a lot.  No children.

Mary Ferrell always did her best to improve Gordon Novel's reputation among conspiracy theorists.  She told one researcher by phone in 1994 that his move from Louisiana to Columbus, Ohio had nothing to do with then - Governor Jim Rhodes' ties to the Nicoletti crime family.  (Life magazine exposed that connection in 1969.) 

Mary said Gordon's choice of Columbus in 1967 had nothing to do with the anti - Kennedy bias of the mostly republican denizens of that city.  Nothing to do with the presence of conspiracy theorist Mike Hurwitz or the presence of newspaper critic Ron Pataky. 

Why, then ?  Mary said Gordon Novel moved there simply because his then - wife lived there.  She had family there.  Nothing fishy about that.  Gov. Rhodes refused Jim Garrison's extradition order.  Nothing fishy about that.  Ronald Reagan refused it, too.

James

Novel once phoned me long distance from Florida, berating me

for saying he was the Umbrellaman. He talked for 45 minutes; I

got in about a dozen words. His every third word was "motherxxxxer".

He claimed that he was in a meeting at the Stork Club in New York

at the time of the assassination, and had at least a dozen witnesses

who would say so. He threatened to kill me, then changed his mind

to suing me for a "motherxxxxing million dollars and ruining my life

so I would suffer more than death."

Mary Ferrell was on friendly terms with Novel and other such people,

believing in the theory of the "Godfather"...be closer to your enemies

than your friends. Mary played both sides of the street to gather

her vast information. It was she and Robert Cutler who arranged

a lie test for Novel about whether he was in the Plaza on 11-22.

He flunked the test.

Jack B)

How many people on this forum think Mary Farrell was OK and that she was all that she should be as a good person to help let the truth come out?

I for one do not think she was. Just curious. Yeah, she ran Lancer but I have heard so many say she was a bad apple. Any comments on this.

Good stuff, keep it rolling ........

Was he the Umbrella Man?

Or just a crazy man interposing in an historical event?

Here is John Simkin's file on GORDON NOVEL:

Gordon Novel came from New Orleans. According to Alan J. Weberman: "In his youth, Gordon Novel belonged to a neo-Nazi group and was arrested and charged with bombing a Metairie, Louisiana, theater that admitted blacks". In the early 1960s Novel ran an electronics firm which specialized in selling equipment used for bugging.

It was claimed by Jim Garrison that Novel was formerly a member of the Central Intelligence Agency and was an associate of Sergio Arcacha Smith, David Ferrie and Guy Banister. It was also reported that Novel worked with the Cuban Revolutionary Front during the Bay of Pigs operation via the CIA proprietary, the Evergreen Advertising Agency.

According to William Torbitt Novel had been seen by a Dallas attorney having meetings with Jack Ruby and William Seymour in the Carousel Club during October and November, 1963. Another author, Paris Flammonde (The Kennedy Conspiracy), claims that Novel was questioned on five separate occasions following the assassination of John F. Kennedy.

Jim Garrison discovered that Sergio Arcacha Smith, David Ferrie and Guy Banister had been involved in a CIA operation to pick up "war material" for the Bay of Pigs attack at from the Schlumberger Well Company. Garrison subpoenaed Novel but he fled to Ohio. However, the James Rhodes, the Governor of Ohio, refused to extradite him unless Garrison agreed not to question him on the assassination.

A few weeks after Novel fled from New Orleans a woman cleaning his old apartment found a penciled draft of a letter wedged under a plastic cover alongside the kitchen. The letter was addressed to a Mr. Weiss. This letter was passed to Jim Garrison who concluded that it was a letter to Novel's CIA contact. "I took the liberty of writing you direct and apprising you of current situation, expecting you to forward this through appropriate channels. Our connection and activity of that period involves individuals presently about to be indicted as conspirators in Garrison's investigation."

Novel also said in the letter: "We have temporarily avoided one subpoena not to reveal Double Chek activities or associate them with this mess. We want out of this thing before Thursday 3/67. Our attorneys have been told to expect another subpoena to appear and testify on this matter. The fifth amendment and/or immunity (and) legal tactics will not suffice." Alan J. Weberman has pointed out that E. Howard Hunt worked for Double Chek in Miami.

In an article in Ramparts Magazine, William Turner claims that Novel admitted that the pick up at the Schlumberger Well Company was one of "the most patriotic burglaries in history." Novel is also said to have confessed that on the day the munitions were picked up, he "was called by his CIA contact and told to join a group which was ordered to transport munitions from the bunker to New Orleans."

In 1974 Jack Anderson reported that as a result of Watergate Charles Colson asked Novel to build a "degaussing gun" to erase tapes stored at the CIA and the White House that would incriminate Richard Nixon.

GORDON NOVEL now goes by the alias "General Maximo Overkill"

Vanity Fair, July 2005: page 82

:):DB):D:)

Edited by Shanet Clark

A few weeks after Novel fled from New Orleans a woman cleaning his old apartment found a penciled draft of a letter wedged under a plastic cover alongside the kitchen. The letter was addressed to a Mr. Weiss. This letter was passed to Jim Garrison who concluded that it was a letter to Novel's CIA contact. "I took the liberty of writing you direct and apprising you of current situation, expecting you to forward this through appropriate channels. Our connection and activity of that period involves individuals presently about to be indicted as conspirators in Garrison's investigation."

Novel also said in the letter: "We have temporarily avoided one subpoena not to reveal Double Chek activities or associate them with this mess. We want out of this thing before Thursday 3/67. Our attorneys have been told to expect another subpoena to appear and testify on this matter. The fifth amendment and/or immunity (and) legal tactics will not suffice." Alan J. Weberman has pointed out that E. Howard Hunt worked for Double Chek in Miami.

In an article in Ramparts Magazine, William Turner claims that Novel admitted that the pick up at the Schlumberger Well Company was one of "the most patriotic burglaries in history." Novel is also said to have confessed that on the day the munitions were picked up, he "was called by his CIA contact and told to join a group which was ordered to transport munitions from the bunker to New Orleans."

In 1974 Jack Anderson reported that as a result of Watergate Charles Colson asked Novel to build a "degaussing gun" to erase tapes stored at the CIA and the White House that would incriminate Richard Nixon.

GORDON NOVEL now goes by the alias "General Maximo Overkill"

Vanity Fair, July 2005: page 82

:)  :D  B)  :D  :)

Does anyone know if this letter has been authenticated?? I read about it some time ago, before I did all my digging into Tracy Barnes and the Domestic Operations Division last year. As a result the real significance of this letter was lost on me. Double Chek was indeed a CIA front, operated by Tracy Barnes. Hunt was the Domestic Operations Division's chief of covert operations. It was Double Chek that paid the widows of the Alabama Air National Guardsmen killed at the Bay of Pigs. If Novel was working for Double Chek, Michael Jackson should give him a sip of his "pepsi" and get the man tipsy enough to tell us the truth.

Was this letter given to the ARRB by Harry Connick? Did it disappear somewhere down in the Big Easy? Or did Garrison make it up?

I found Mr. Novel's purported alibi, being at the Stork Club, interesting. The Stork Club was owned by Sherman Billingsley, was it not, who was not only very close to J. Edgar Hoover but was also the father-in-law to anti-Castro adventurer (and purported intelligence agent) Alexander Rorke, who disappeared 6 weeks before the assassination after having flown down to Mexico the same time Oswald was there.

Edited by Pat Speer

I found Mr. Novel's purported alibi, being at the Stork Club, interesting. The Stork Club was owned by Sherman Billingsley, was it not, who was not only very close to J. Edgar Hoover bu was also the father-in-law to anti-Castro adventurer (and purported intelligence agent) Alexander Rorke, who disappeared 6 weeks before the assassination after having flown down to Mexico the same time as Oswald's visit. (Pat Speer)

You are indeed correct, Pat.

JFK and Jackie at the Stork Club below.

James

According to William Torbitt Novel had been seen by a Dallas attorney having meetings with Jack Ruby and William Seymour in the Carousel Club during October and November, 1963. Another author, Paris Flammonde (The Kennedy Conspiracy), claims that Novel was questioned on five separate occasions following the assassination of John F. Kennedy.

Has anyone ever asked William Seymour about Novel?

How many people on this forum think Mary Farrell was OK and that she was all that she should be as a good person to help let the truth come out?

I for one do not think she was.  Just curious. Yeah, she ran Lancer but I have heard so many say she was a bad apple.  Any comments on this.

Yes. Your mind keeps going and going. Mary Ferrell was not part of a conspiracy, nor did somebody recruit her to sow confusion on the trail of the assassins. People have made the same accusation against Dr. Jerrold Post, still alive, whose psychiatric diagnosis of Oswald is on Dr. McAdams' web site. I have socialized with Dr. Post, and he's not part of any conspiracy.

I first hung out with him circa 1973, when he moonlighted seeing patients at a small office in his Bethesda, Maryland home. One of his evening visitors was a fortyish woman recently dumped by her husband. She made some foolish choices with her alimony money. She eventually died childless. Yet Dr. Post listened to her very intently.

So the good doctor was spewing priveleged doctor-patient intimacies to those with whom he socialized?

Class act, that Dr. Post...no WONDER McAdams thinks so well of him!

Edited by Mark Knight

So the good doctor was spewing priveleged doctor-patient intimacies to those with whom he socialized?

Class act, that Dr. Post...no WONDER McAdams thinks so well of him!

Dr. Post didn't have to spew anything. Somebody in my immediate family was the one who referred the woman to Dr. Post. Their therapy sessions lasted about two years, but I socialized with her occasionally for many years thereafter. She never resolved her issues. And Dr. Post is an honorable person. You can Google many of his statements. Relatively few concern Oswald. Mostly he diagnoses foreign terrorists and Saddam Hussein. That makes sense. Oswald can't do anything mean to people anymore. No more pouring an alcoholic drink over the head of a sergeant in the U.S. Marine Corps. No more punching Marina.