The Education Forum

JFK Lancer Conference

JFK Lancer will host the "November in Dallas 2005," annual research conference dealing with the murders of John and Robert Kennedy on November 18-20, 2005, in Dallas, TX to be held at the Crown Plaza Hotel.

Speakers will include Paris Flammonde, John Williams, Billie Sol Estes, Lamar Waldron, Joan Mellen, John Hunt, Stuart Wexler, William Law, Debra Conway, Larry Hancock, Larry Teeter, John Ritchson, and Stuart Wexler.

I hope to go this year. It would be great if members of this Forum could meet up at the conference. Please post on this thread if you intend to go. Also, use this thread to ask Larry about the conference. For further information see:

http://www.jfklancer.com/dallas05/index.html

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JFK Lancer will host the "November in Dallas 2005," annual research conference dealing with the murders of John and Robert Kennedy on November 18-20, 2005, in Dallas, TX to be held at the Crown Plaza Hotel.

Speakers will include Paris Flammonde, John Williams, Billie Sol Estes, Lamar Waldron, Joan Mellen, John Hunt, Stuart Wexler, William Law, Debra Conway, Larry Hancock, Larry Teeter, John Ritchson, and Stuart Wexler.

I hope to go this year. It would be great if members of this Forum could meet up at the conference. Please post on this thread if you intend to go. Also, use this thread to ask Larry about the conference. For further information see:

I'm trying to work out the details this week. I should know for sure in a few days and I will post again once I have everything settled. It would indeed be great if other Forum members could also attend. :blink:

I wanted to give everyone a bit of an update on speakers and content; we have added several new speakers since my intial post on the conference.

John Ritchson will present on the physical evidence and if you know John from his posts you can anticipate this will be a real treat. Combined with John Hunt's work on physical evidence handling by the FBI and the work done by Stuart Wexler and Tom Pinkston, this is definitely going to be an interesting conference for those of you interested in physical and ballistics evidence.

(note to John, I'm having difficulty reaching you so would you please drop me a note via email larryjoe@westok.net or via the forum so that I can maintain contact).

Ian Griggs will be presenting on his research into Kathy Kay and her history with remarks on husband number two Harry Olsen and the relationship between Jack Ruby and both of them. We missed Ian last year and are really happy to have hi and a other British researchers return to Dallas in 2005.

John Simkin will be presenting on a panel which I hope to expand to deal with several aspects of the Kennedy family (and their friends) response to the assassination.

Ben Rogers, Archivist for the Penn Jones Jr. Collection at Baylor will be present and demonstrating this new research resource. This collection is going online and should be of great interest to everyone. With further luck we may also have the archivist from Hood College and the Weisburg collection, pending his travel schedule.

We have also invited the group of Dallas reporters including Bob Huffaker and George Phenix to speak on their personal experiences as detailed in their new book "When The News Went Live."

In addition, we have also issued an invitation and have tentative acceptance from both Peter Dale Scott and Vince Palamara (schedule and travel permitting)... keep your fingers crossed.

I think we can promise that even expererienced researchers are going to encounter some fascinating new research at this year's conference.

I would absolutely love to go to Dallas. Last year was a bit of a fantasy of mine to go given that I didn't have a job. I may be able to attend this year, as my mother and father are taking retirement so I may get a govt student grant and a piece of their retirement packages.

I have yet to attend a conference or meetup of any kind relating to JFK. The closest I came was Dublin airport where I was supposed to be going to a DPUK meeting but realised my passport was 9 days out of date and ryanair was the only airline that would not accept it. I was very disappointed not to make the Canterbury conference this year, so hopefuly Dallas would make up for it.

I certainly think it would be great for forum members to meet up, it can only be good for community research. plus a bit of company 3,000 miles away from home wouldn't hurt.

John

John Ritchson and I have been going over formulating plans for making the trip down there this past year, and hopefully making a side trip to Austin to hook up with Dawn and Erick, depending on my cash flow and time allotted.

My new equipment won't be up and running until December or January, so I don't have to worry about leaving for applications classes until after the holidays.

It'll be great meeting up with everyone! I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Ter :)

Guest Stephen Turner

The good ole US is a bit of a frightening place at the moment for someone with a VERY left wing background. Iwould love to go though, but I sure wont be bringing any curtain rods. LOL.

Great news Terry, I'm glad you are planning on coming! Please share with

John that I've been trying to reach him; I know his presentation topic but

sometime in the next couple of months I will be finalizing the actual speakers

schedule and will need to know if he has any preferences as well as provide him

with some other background material including the final schedule (well as final as it gets until everyone actually appears in Dallas...grin).

John Ritchson and I have been going over formulating plans for making the trip down there this past year, and hopefully making a side trip to Austin to hook up with Dawn and Erick, depending on my cash flow and time allotted.

My new equipment won't be up and running until December or January, so I don't have to worry about leaving for applications classes until after the holidays.

Ter :)

Great news Terry,  I'm glad you are planning on coming!  Please share with

John that I've been trying to reach him;  I know his presentation topic but

sometime in the next couple of months I will be finalizing the actual speakers

schedule and will need to know if he has any preferences as well as provide him

with some other background material including the final schedule (well as final as it gets until everyone actually appears in Dallas...grin). 

Ter ;)

"Please share with John that I've been trying to reach him; I know his presentation topic but sometime in the next couple of months I will be finalizing the actual speakers schedule and will need to know if he has any preferences as well as provide him with some other background material including the final schedule (well as final as it gets until everyone actually appears in Dallas...grin)."

I sure will, Larry. I'm trying to call him as I'm typing this, right now. I just got his voicemail recording and repeated your message to him, that I quoted above. If you don't have his phone number, e-mail me at: tmauro@pacbell.net and I'll send it off, straight away.

Warmest regards,

Ter ;)

Hi John,

As of last week I am all booked up and ready for Dallas! I had planned on going maybe next year but seeing as quite a few 'Brits' are going, I couldn't resist the temptation. It would be great if we could all meet up - go for a meal or something, maybe Jack Ruby's haunt the night before the assassination, Campisi's! I never made it there in 2003 and I understand the food is very good (not being biased of course :-) I'm sure we can all arrange something, would be nice to have as many people going as possible.

regards

Francesca

Aha, glad you did decide to come Francesca! I will look forward to seeing all the British attendees and have high hopes that we will be providing you all with a very exciting conference this year!

I also wanted to take this opportunity to announce that the newest speaker to come on board for the conference is Bill Miller. Bill will be presented a variety of photo studies of DP and among those will be his work on the controversial issue of Gordon Arnold and Arnold's story of his presence in DP.

-- Our last group visit to Campisi's was great fun but although I remember the the conversations I can't seem to recall the food at all?

-- Larry

Aha, glad you did decide to come Francesca! I will look forward to seeing all the British attendees and have high hopes that we will be providing you all with a very exciting conference this year!

thanks, I can't wait for November! Am really looking forward to seeing everyone again and just being back in the place. I really enjoyed hearing your presentation on the Kirknewton Intercepts at Canterbury.

I also wanted to take this opportunity to announce that the newest speaker to come on board for the conference is Bill Miller. Bill will be presented a variety of photo studies of DP and among those will be his work on the controversial issue of Gordon Arnold and Arnold's story of his presence in DP.

that sounds good, was always interested in the Gordon Arnold story.

-- Our last group visit to Campisi's was great fun but although I remember the the conversations I can't seem to recall the food at all?

Is that because you were all 'on the drink'? :-) No but seriously, Im sure someone mentioned that the food there was good, Im interested in going for the history of the place too, as well as sampling the food. The Italian restaurants I tried last time in Dallas were all very good.

Only thing I found difficult in Dallas was getting a decent cup of tea! :-)

Think I'll have to take my own teabags this time.....

regards

Francesca

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all, just to keep everyone updated, I'd like to announce that we are pleased to have Jim Marrs return as a speaker at this year's Lancer conference.

Jim will be addressing the fundamental and hard core issues in JFK research, including the range of possible motives for a conspiracy against JFK along with issues dealing with both document and witness reliability.

-- Larry

Hello all, just to keep everyone updated, I'd like to announce that we are pleased to have Jim Marrs return as a speaker at this year's Lancer conference.

Jim will be addressing the fundamental and hard core issues in JFK research, including the range of possible motives for a conspiracy against JFK along with issues dealing with both document and witness reliability.

That is good news. I am glad Jim is back on the case.

Have you considered inviting Victor Marchetti? I am sure he will have a lot of interesting things to tell researchers about the activities of the CIA in the 1960s. He was of course Richard Helms' assistant at the time.