• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Pat Speer

Pat Speer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,364 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 10:34 AM

Hi, this is Pat Speer, one of the regular contributors over on the JFK Assassination Forum. Recently, we were discussing the death of Italian oilman Enrico Mattei. While there is very little available on the recent investigations into his death available on the internet in English, there appear to be hundreds of hits on this in Italian. I am particularly interested in the purported statements of Gaetano Ianni. If someone here could google "Gaetano Ianni" and "Enrico Mattei," read a few of the Italian articles, and summarize them on the JFK Asssassination Forum thread "Enrico Mattei" it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by Pat Speer, 05 August 2005 - 10:36 AM.

#2 John Simkin

John Simkin

• admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16,089 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 11:45 AM

Hi, this is Pat Speer, one of the regular contributors over on the JFK Assassination Forum.  Recently, we were discussing the death of Italian oilman Enrico Mattei.  While there is very little available on the recent investigations into his death available on the internet in English, there appear to be hundreds of hits on this in Italian.  I am particularly interested in the purported statements of Gaetano Ianni.  If someone here could google "Gaetano Ianni" and "Enrico Mattei," read a few of the Italian articles, and summarize them on the JFK Asssassination Forum thread "Enrico Mattei" it would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have an Italian friend, Caterina Gasparini, who speaks perfect English. She is also a member of the wider Education Forum. I will email Caterina and ask her if she is willing to help.

#3 Adam Wilkinson

Adam Wilkinson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 06 August 2005 - 08:55 AM

Pat, you should be able to translate the pages. There are many ways to translate pages over the internet. However, if that does not work, I can speak and read Italian and should be able to help.

Edited by Adam Wilkinson, 06 August 2005 - 08:56 AM.

#4 Caterina Gasparini

Caterina Gasparini

Experienced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 07 August 2005 - 11:42 AM

Hi, this is Pat Speer, one of the regular contributors over on the JFK Assassination Forum.† Recently, we were discussing the death of Italian oilman Enrico Mattei.† While there is very little available on the recent investigations into his death available on the internet in English, there appear to be hundreds of hits on this in Italian.† I am particularly interested in the purported statements of Gaetano Ianni.† If someone here could google "Gaetano Ianni" and "Enrico Mattei," read a few of the Italian articles, and summarize them on the JFK Asssassination Forum thread "Enrico Mattei" it would be greatly appreciated.† Thanks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have an Italian friend, Caterina Gasparini, who speaks perfect English. She is also a member of the wider Education Forum. I will email Caterina and ask her if she is willing to help.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is the summary of what is written at
http://www.strano.ne...ono/crono97.htm

"In 1997 the Public Prosecutorís Offices in Caltanisetta and Pavia started investigating on Matteiís death after the declarations of two repented mafiosi, Giovanni Brusca and Salvatore Riggio and the declaration of Gaetano Iannž, head of the Stidda in Gela. Their words seemed to confirm what had been said by another Mafioso, Giuseppe Di Cristina, mafia head in Riesi, killed on 30 May 1995, who said that Mattei had been killed by the Mafia "to do a favour".
The analysis of Matteiís corpse seemed to confirm the hypothesis of an attack.
A previous partisan of the Catholic groups led by Mattei, Raffaele Morini, had found and given the Public Prosecutorís Office in Pavia pieces of Matteiís plane with traces of TNT."

The other sites I found contain the same information.
The only one in English is
http://enrico-mattei.biography.ms/

#5 John Simkin

John Simkin

• admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16,089 posts

Posted 07 August 2005 - 12:44 PM

"In 1997 the Public Prosecutorís Offices in Caltanisetta and Pavia started investigating on Matteiís death after the declarations of two repented mafiosi, Giovanni Brusca and Salvatore Riggio and the declaration of Gaetano Iannž, head of the Stidda in Gela. Their words seemed to confirm what had been said by another Mafioso, Giuseppe Di Cristina, mafia head in Riesi, killed on 30 May 1995, who said that Mattei had been killed by the Mafia "to do a favour".
The analysis of Matteiís corpse seemed to confirm the hypothesis of an attack.
A previous partisan of the Catholic groups led by Mattei, Raffaele Morini, had found and given the Public Prosecutorís Office in Pavia pieces of Matteiís plane with traces of TNT."

The other sites I found contain the same information.
The only one in English is
http://enrico-mattei.biography.ms/

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Caterina, thank you very much for this. Is the Mattei case much talked about in Italy?

#6 Len Colby

Len Colby

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,224 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 06:26 PM

Pat, you should be able to translate the pages. There are many ways to translate pages over the internet. However, if that does not work, I can speak and read Italian and should be able to help.

Computer translations don't work very well.

#7 Adam Wilkinson

Adam Wilkinson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 04:22 AM

True, I once attempted to translate a Spanish site, It made less sense with the english translation than it did in the Spanish. :rolleyes:

#8 Terry Mauro

Terry Mauro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts
  • Interests:JFK Assassination Research student since 1964
    Nuclear Medicine Technologist since 1976
    The study of Positron Emission Technology since 1976
    The study of Computerized Axial Tomography since 1976
    The study of PET-CT combined since 2004
    Presently employed as a Senior Staff Nuclear Medicine Technologist and Bone Densitometry Technologist at Santa Monica-UCLA Medical Center and Orthopaedic Hospital since July 2006.
    Music
    Dance
    Journalism
    Lippit Morgan horses

Posted 10 May 2009 - 04:16 PM

KENNEDY ADMINISTRATION VIEWED MATTEI AS PRO-U.S. IN FIGHT AGAINST
BRITAIN

May 9 - In a conversation with EIR, Benito Livigni, a former
collaborator of Enrico Mattei and an expert on the history of
Mattei and ENI, pointed to the fact that Enrico Mattei, Italy's
anti-colonialist leader in the 1950s and '60s, was negotiating an
anti-British strategic partnership with the Kennedy
Administration. Of particular significance is a report, Livigni
said, written by U.S. Undersecretary of State George Ball to
President Kennedy in summer 1962, after he met Mattei in Rome.
The document, a copy of which is in Livigni's hands, says that in
case of a U.S.-British fight, Mattei and Italian State President
Gronchi (a friend of Mattei's) would be in the pro-U.S.A. camp,
whereas other leaders in Europe would align with Britain. Ball
characterizes as "Europist" the pro-British faction and as
"Atlanticist" the pro-U.S. faction.
This paper, together with the British Foreign Office
documents targetting Mattei as a threat to the British colonial
system, put the assassination of Mattei and even of JFK in the
strategic perspective of a British operation to eliminate what
the British saw as an existential threat to their Empire.
Livigni was the first researcher to dig out British Foreign
Office papers on Mattei, and published them in a book in 1995, in
which he identified Lyndon LaRouche as the executor of Mattei's
pro-development fight. Livigni's latest book, entitled {The
Predators of Oil and Finance}, contains large sections on
LaRouche and EIR articles. Bookstore orders for the book, the
publisher reports, have already exhausted stocks. Livigni is
currently working on a new project, on JFK and Mattei's "parallel
lives." [ccc]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users