The Education Forum

Tosh Plumlee: Timeline

Tosh, you have come under a lot of attack from Gerry Hemming about your past. I thoought it might be a good idea to start a thread where you could post a timeline of your past activities. I have asked Gerry to do the same but so far he seems reluctant to do so.
John:

Yes John; I will be happy to post a"Time Line". I think it is a good idea in view of what all has transpired these past few months. I will have it ready for forum members and posting within the next few days.

I have to go out of town on business for about two, perhaps three days. I will have it ready for all to see upon my return. Thanks for the invitation. Tosh Plumlee

Tosh, you have come under a lot of attack from Gerry Hemming about your past. I thoought it might be a good idea to start a thread where you could post a timeline of your past activities. I have asked Gerry to do the same but so far he seems reluctant to do so.

WILLIAM R PLUMLEE

I enlisted and was assigned to military specialized operations at Fort Bliss, Texas in April of 1954.(RA18389060; Recon Training Command, RTC-D8)

I was associated with various Military Intelligence units of the Fourth Army based at Fort Bliss, Texas, and also the Fourth Army Reserve, located at Dallas Love Field, Dallas Texas. This service period was in the early to mid fifties and into the early sixties.

Approximately 1962 through 1963, I was assigned to Task Force W Section- C-7 tab B and D know as the Cuban Project which operated at the time from the JM/WAVE station attached to Miami, Florida's 'Cuba Desk' of the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA).

I operated as a contract "Undercover pilot" and also, at times, I was assigned to specialized Cuban operations of the CIA's "Covert Action Group" (CAG) I was engaged in many secret operations through out the early sixties.

Some years later, after brief retirement, known by some as the forum as 'The Farm'. I reactivated myself and became attached as an undercover operative and contract pilot for the federal government during President Reagan's "Drug War". (1979-86)

I was attached to a secret team known as 'America-Mexico Special Operations Group' ("AMSOG"), HQ'ed Panama Southern Command. I was also a pilot and associated with the Contra Resupply Network.

I have testified four times in close door session, to various Senate and congressional investigative committees (Director FBI 1964; J Hoover; Senator Church, 1976-75; closed-door testimony, classified TS; to Congressmen Tom Downing's investigators, before the HSCA was formed; (1975) to Senator John Kerry's Committee of 1988-91 Senate Foreign Relations Committee twice, August 2, 1991 & May 7-15, 1992 also classified " "TS Committee Sensitive" and the "Tri-State Drug Task Force", (Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico) chaired by Arizona Governor, Bruce Babbit.

The cover operation contact cut out was the Phoenix Organized Crime Div. Phoenix AZ,1975-86. I worked with Senator Gary Hart and his security adviser Bill Holden, on previous intelligence matters with the NSC and the drug war with Colombia and Costa Rica. I worked UC operations with KiKi Camarena and his pilot, before they were murdered and I was a Military/DEA contract pilot, attached to Panama and Colombia, Costa Rica Investigative Task Force on Narcotics.

I have a secret classified file as defined within the National Security statutes under the name of William Robert (Tosh) Plumlee aka William H "Buck" Pearson code named "Zapata", Miami Cuba Desk, 1960-63 MI/CIA OMC-TFW7; Section C (locate Tab B & D) classified information; portions declassified Aug 1998. Associated with Operation 40 connected to the NSC and the "White House Situations Rooms briefings. I was a contract operative for the CIA, associated with Tracy Barns, Wild Bill Harvey, Frank Bender, John Martino and many others. All my previous testimony concerning government investigations has been under oath.

William R. Plumlee

WILLIAM R PLUMLEE

I enlisted and was assigned to military specialized operations at Fort Bliss, Texas in April of 1954.(RA18389060; Recon Training Command, RTC-D8)

I was associated with various Military Intelligence units of the Fourth Army based at Fort Bliss, Texas, and also the Fourth Army Reserve, located at Dallas Love Field, Dallas Texas. This service period was in the early to mid fifties and into the early sixties.

Approximately 1962 through 1963, I was assigned to Task Force W Section- C-7 tab B and D know as the Cuban Project which operated at the time from the JM/WAVE station attached to Miami, Florida's 'Cuba Desk' of the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA).

I operated as a contract "Undercover pilot" and also, at times, I was assigned to specialized Cuban operations of the CIA's "Covert Action Group" (CAG) I was engaged in many secret operations through out the early sixties.

Some years later, after brief retirement, known by some as the forum as 'The Farm'. I reactivated myself and became attached as an undercover operative and contract pilot for the federal government during President Reagan's "Drug War". (1979-86)

I was attached to a secret team known as 'America-Mexico Special Operations Group' ("AMSOG"), HQ'ed Panama Southern Command. I was also a pilot and associated with the Contra Resupply Network.

I have testified four times in close door session, to various Senate and congressional investigative committees (Director FBI 1964; J Hoover; Senator Church, 1976-75; closed-door testimony, classified TS; to Congressmen Tom Downing's investigators, before the HSCA was formed; (1975) to Senator John Kerry's Committee of 1988-91 Senate Foreign Relations Committee twice, August 2, 1991 & May 7-15, 1992 also classified " "TS Committee Sensitive" and the "Tri-State Drug Task Force", (Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico) chaired by Arizona Governor, Bruce Babbit.

The cover operation contact cut out was the Phoenix Organized Crime Div. Phoenix AZ,1975-86. I worked with Senator Gary Hart and his security adviser Bill Holden, on previous intelligence matters with the NSC and the drug war with Colombia and Costa Rica. I worked UC operations with KiKi Camarena and his pilot, before they were murdered and I was a Military/DEA contract pilot, attached to Panama and Colombia, Costa Rica Investigative Task Force on Narcotics.

I have a secret classified file as defined within the National Security statutes under the name of William Robert (Tosh) Plumlee aka William H "Buck" Pearson code named "Zapata", Miami Cuba Desk, 1960-63 MI/CIA OMC-TFW7; Section C (locate Tab B & D) classified information; portions declassified Aug 1998. Associated with Operation 40 connected to the NSC and the "White House Situations Rooms briefings. I was a contract operative for the CIA, associated with Tracy Barns, Wild Bill Harvey, Frank Bender, John Martino and many others. All my previous testimony concerning government investigations has been under oath.

William R. Plumlee

Most of my "TIME LINE" has already been posted on this forum over a year ago. However it was not of much interest and I moved on to other matters. I have only posted this in order to keep my word. I am not sure what this forum wants of me?

Reference:

QUOTE(Antti Hynonen @ Oct 26 2004, 09:54 AM)Back to Questions for Tosh:

Tosh, you have probably already covered something regarding the following, at least to some extent. However, I'd appreciate your replies whenever you get a chance.

1) Regarding what you were asked to do on 11/21/1963 - 11/23/1963, who hired you?

2) What exactly where you asked to do?

3) Did the people that hired you, or the ones that were with you, discuss Dealy Plaza, the motorcade, and the President specifically prior to your arrival in Dallas?

4) How many of the same people did you fly out of Dallas on 11/22/1963 as you flew in? Were there any new people on board?

5) Did anyone from the group, you were associated with around those days, ever discuss what went down on 11/22/1963 after the events had taken place?

Thanks!

WILLIAM R. PLUMLEE:

Antti: Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I will do my best to be brief on my answers.

(1) Background: I was attached to a MI unit as a contract pilot. I had also been a contract pilot for the CIA for a number of years before November 1963. (1956-63.) I had previously worked for a number of aviation companies, some CIA front companies, some contract companies for "specialized operations" of which some were attached to JM/Wave's CAG (Covert Action Group) forerunner of (MASOG, of S/E Asia), and other classified sections imbedded within military operations authorised by the Pentagon.

Most of our operations were Top Secret and 'cut outs' were used, as well as sequenced code names assigned to operatives, to protect the operatives and the missions from exposure. (William BUCK PEARSON not Buck Parsons)

My case officers of the time were Rex Beardsly, Robert Bennette, Larry Allen, Wm Carr, and others I can't recall at the moment. Most of these operatives and case officers were associated with William 'Wild Bill" Harvey",Wild Bill" Donovan, Tracy Barnes, Rip Robertson, and others who were previous OSS personal from WWII. I was employed By many different front companies which were (some years latter) proved to be CIA "cut-outs" and front companies of a civilian nature that were engaged in secret military contract type operations and assignments.

This was during the "Cold War" with Russia. I was, or had been a pilot on arms and ammo transportation before Castro came to power and gun-running to anti-Castro operatives inside Cuba and southern Florida after 1959

I was dispatched by Robert Bennette (Be-net-tee) and another I can't recall at the moment, to Lantana Florida from Loxahatchi (?) Florida, in a D-18 Twin Beach aircraft.., We changed aircraft to a DC 3..,at Tampa Florida and picked up other personal for a secret mission into Dallas, via New Orleans. At N.O. other operatives boarded the DC-3. and others from Florida got off.

My duties were the co-pilot on this operation E. Rojas, previous Cabana Airlines Captain was the Captain (pilot) for this flight. I went on Covert payrolls in the mid fifties and continued, off and on for many years. John Farentello (?) was my original recruiter for Florida. However I was first picked up at Fort Bliss, Texas AAA-RTC- D-8; US Army Military INTEL, in 1954. (RA-18389060) Captain Edward G Seiwell from Dallas Love Field, Fourth Army Reserve, was one of many case officers I was assigned to while working the Cuban Desk. (Miami/Dallas)

(2) I was asked to fly as co-pilot for a group of military and CIA operatives on a mission of which I did not know at the time what it was. I found that (what the mission was officially) when in Tampa Florida from Rojas, Sergio. and Bennette.

(note; I had heard a rumor at Lantana that information had been received from two Cubans in Miami that an assassination attempt was going to be made on the President. But I was under the impression it was to be in Austin, Texas, later it was said (Rosellie) to be at the Adolphus Hotel in Dallas

I was not "field"operational at that time, except as the pilot for the flight. It was later, on the flight, and at Garland Texas, that I became aware of the full scope of the operation, through Sergio, Rojas, and Bennette.

(3) No. I had no way of knowing what was being discussed in the back of the aircraft. It was at Red Bird, I think that I became fully aware of the scope of the operation and the routing of the Motorcade being changed to the Plaza. (my viewpoint and speculations at the time)

(4) Rojas, Sergio, Gator, and me. Perhaps there was one other but I do not know or remember for sure. If there was another it was not Oswald, Rosellie, Nicolettie (?) or anyone of that group. There were no new people who boarded at Red Bird, that I know off.(

(5) Yes. Sergio and I discussed it many times and talked it through with others in Miami (Frank Struges none operational) John Farentello; John Martino; also none operational: Sergio at West Palm Beach on the record and off ( as friends as well as professionals at the Dark Horuse bar)

I am in process of preparing an "Officail Noterized Transcript under Oath", if you will, and will post it soon for anyone that is interested. It will be my Official Transcript, signed my me. Something no other person or media types have.

Anything in previous print is subject to question and has not been authorizations or approved by me, or supports my signatures. Thanks for the questions. Forgive the "long winded". responds. Its not easy to say a simple yes or no to these type questions. I am trying my best to be brief.

Thanks again Tosh

--------------------

Thank you for producing this clear timeline. It will be interesting to see if Gerry Hemming follows you example on his timeline.

I believe that Operation 40 played a key role in the assassination of JFK. Could you tell us as much as you can about who and what it involved?

Thank you for producing this clear timeline. It will be interesting to see if Gerry Hemming follows you example on his timeline.

Yes thank you Tosh. I, however, would not count on Gerry to be so forthcoming. He may produce something, but will it be the truth? I doubt it.

Dawn

I believe that Operation 40 played a key role in the assassination of JFK. Could you tell us as much as you can about who and what it involved?

John: I will get what little factual information I know about OPS-40 to you as soon as I have the time to write it up. As you know any detailed organizational matters and the why's and how and who, as to the formation, I would not know. If I did tell you anything in reference to that.., it would only be speculation on my part. That is how operations are or were done on a "need to know bases". I was not at the "planning" level to know those things. Sometimes I was dispatched to members of ops forty as their operational support member. What and why they were doing what they were doing I would not know..., nor would I ask.

On another matter... food for thought...concerning a creck in the Limo windsheld, which I have been asked about. I hope the following might be of help for those interested:

note: portions posted a few years ago on Lancer, I think:

Reference pilot Tosh Plumlee:

"...While on the south knoll, Sergio and I were attempting to evaluate the most logical places where shooters might be located, but everything was confused, the timing was off, team members were late getting into position. They were not where they were supposed to be and the limited radio contacts that we had with them were not working, or spotty at best. It was soon after our arrival that the motorcade arrived. When the shots rang out, I had the impression of 4 or 5 shots, with one being fired from behind and to my left on the South Knoll, near the underpass and south parking lot. While leaving via the south side of the underpass near the train tracks, Sergio and I smelled gunpowder.

Speculation:

(The south knoll shot could have come from atop the south end of the overpass (where the railing slants away from the middle part), in which case the shooter would be behind (and probably shooting through an opening in) the heavily built railing.

At this point (shooters viewpoint) the street makes a slight curve toward the shooter and puts JFK "zero degree angle" and moving toward the shooter, therefore taking Mrs. Kennedy out of the killzone (... moveing her conter-clockwise (left) and back from the shooters line of fire. The target was moving head on toward the south knoll shooter.

If there was a crack in the windsheld the shot would show a direct line leading up and back to the south knoll shooter at the RR tracks west edge, south end of the Tripple Underpass.

John: I will get what little factual information I know about OPS-40 to you as soon as I have the time to write it up. As you know any detailed organizational matters and the why's and how and who, as to the formation, I would not know. If I did tell you anything in reference to that.., it would only be speculation on my part. That is how operations are or were done on a "need to know bases". I was not at the "planning" level to know those things. Sometimes I was dispatched to members of ops forty as their operational support member. What and why they were doing what they were doing I would not know..., nor would I ask.

On another matter... food for thought...concerning a creck in the Limo windsheld, which I have been asked about. I hope the following might be of help for those interested:

note: portions posted a few years ago on Lancer, I think:

Reference pilot Tosh Plumlee:

"...While on the south knoll, Sergio and I were attempting to evaluate the most logical places where shooters might be located, but everything was confused, the timing was off, team members were late getting into position. They were not where they were supposed to be and the limited radio contacts that we had with them were not working, or spotty at best. It was soon after our arrival that the motorcade arrived. When the shots rang out, I had the impression of 4 or 5 shots, with one being fired from behind and to my left on the South Knoll, near the underpass and south parking lot. While leaving via the south side of the underpass near the train tracks, Sergio and I smelled gunpowder.

Speculation:

(The south knoll shot could have come from atop the south end of the overpass (where the railing slants away from the middle part), in which case the shooter would be behind (and probably shooting through an opening in) the heavily built railing.

At this point (shooters viewpoint) the street makes a slight curve toward the shooter and puts JFK "zero degree angle" and moving toward the shooter, therefore taking Mrs. Kennedy out of the killzone (... moveing her conter-clockwise (left) and back from the shooters line of fire. The target was moving head on toward the south knoll shooter.

If there was a crack in the windsheld the shot would show a direct line leading up and back to the south knoll shooter at the RR tracks west edge, south end of the Tripple Underpass.

NOTE: Notice the overhead picture of the "Tripple Underpass" on each end there is a concrete railing pillared which cruves thirty degrees to the east on each side of the underpass. People standing on the underpass ( 40 feet north of this position) and focused on the arrival of the President, would not be able to see a person come from the south parking lot and hide behind this curved railing with concrete slats and take a shooting position. Sergio and I did not notice this possible hiding place until many years after the event.

NOTE: Notice the overhead picture of the "Tripple Underpass" on each end there is a concrete railing pillared which cruves thirty degrees to the east on each side of the underpass. People standing on the underpass ( 40 feet north of this position) and focused on the arrival of the President, would not be able to see a person come from the south parking lot and hide behind this curved railing with concrete slats and take a shooting position. Sergio and I did not notice this possible hiding place until many years after the event.[/b]

William, having been there, would you say that the carpark that appears from the later aerial photo (seen here also in the corner of the 1960's aerial b/w photo) that appears to exit on to feeder heading south is a possible escape route?

NOTE: Notice the overhead picture of the "Tripple Underpass" on each end there is a concrete railing pillared which cruves thirty degrees to the east on each side of the underpass. People standing on the underpass ( 40 feet north of this position) and focused on the arrival of the President, would not be able to see a person come from the south parking lot and hide behind this curved railing with concrete slats and take a shooting position. Sergio and I did not notice this possible hiding place until many years after the event.[/b]

William, having been there, would you say that the carpark that appears from the later aerial photo (seen here also in the corner of the 1960's aerial b/w photo) that appears to exit on to feeder heading south is a possible escape route?

John D:

I'll use the RR tracks as north south reference (right side of picture being south) The auto which we used after we crossed over the RR tracks was parked at the bottom of the hill down from the RR tracks (west) It was muddy If I remember right the street that goes north and south is or was a divided street (industrial blvd) at the time. I think there was construction at or around this location (not sure) However, again-- if I remember right --we had to go north and make a U-Turn on the west side of the Triple Underpass to go south on Industrial to the Sportatorum and the Cadiz Street Via dock (?spl) which crossed the Trinity River into Oak Cliff. I can't remember for sure where the "one way" on Commerce going north started... but I think we turned west on main , but not sure. I was not paying to much attention as to which way we were going or why. By then I was really shook up and despondent.

The south parking lot was south end of the RR tracks and east. We had checked that area earlier but perhaps missed something in the cars parked there before the assassination. There was no picket fence just a line of trees, if I remember right.

Speculation:

I think the shooter went back to the south parking lot and left in an auto going south out of the parking lot; then left for half block, then right going past the Dallas Rail Road Terminal and across the bridge into Oak Cliff.

He could of fired from the south end of the overpass then walked the ten feet or so into the parking lot while everyone even Sergio and I were stunned. He could of been long gone before Dallas PD even reacted. It took awhile to block off all escape routes. Time frame less than five minutes for Sergio and I to cleared the area and perhaps even less for the south knoll shooter.

note: This was told in brief to Special Agent of the Denver FBI Scot Warner at the " Colorado State Reformatory in Jan. 1964. I had bee extradited from West Palm Beach Florida to Colorado concerning an "Insufficient fund check" that was never produced in court. I was sentenced By Judge Finsilver (who later was appointed a "Federal Judge") to an "INDEFINATE term in the Colorado State Reformatory. (This is NOT a prison. I was released two weeks after the WC concluded their hearings and I was on two years supervised parole. No checked were ever produced in a court of law. I was warned while in custody that . "If I continued to talk about the Kennedy assassination... I would never get out". I was told by my Miami case office to ride it out for a few months for my own safety. That I did.

Perhaps this is more than your question. When you answer one thing it leads to another. This has been in the record for over forty plus years. Its not new material. Just been tampered with for whatever reasons.

Edited by William Plumlee

Thank you, William, the extra 'color' to the situation helps. Just to make sure I got you right. Is it to car park A (east of rr) or B (west across rr) that you say is route? If A, do you consider B a possibility?

(just so you know where I'm coming from. I have no problems with a south knoll shooter. I've looked at just that concrete fence that you mention and also considered escape routes(in my case across the rr). But only from photos and maps))

EDIT:: in the other image there seems to be a good indication that at least one person was at the south end of the triple underpass as the Limo was speeding off.

Edited by John Dolva

Thank you, William, the extra 'color' to the situation helps. Just to make sure I got you right. Is it to car park A (east of rr) or B (west across rr) that you say is route? If A, do you consider B a possibility?

(just so you know where I'm coming from. I have no problems with a south knoll shooter. I've looked at just that concrete fence that you mention and also considered escape routes(in my case across the rr). But only from photos and maps))

EDIT:: in the other image there seems to be a good indication that at least one person was at the south end of the triple underpass as the Limo was speeding off.

John D: Very good work on the photos. Tom Wilson before he died was also looking into this area and once told me he thought he also saw a person behind this concrete pillar.

As to your question: I speculate that it would be the parking lot "A" south and east of the RR tracks. ( south end of Tripple Underpass) The reason. If the person went west "B" from the south parking area and over the RR tracks then our driver, who was at the bottom of the hill "B" leading from the RR tracks, would have seen him, because that is the only location to get to this west muddy parking area from the RR tracks. We would have been right behind him perhaps one minute or two. We would have seen him walking in the area or getting into another near-by car if he had went over the same route Sergio and I had followed.

I speculate that there were two persons who made their escape from the shooting position ( spotter and shooter... the spotter would perhaps be hidden at the extreme north and west side of the lot in the shadows behind and to the right of the shooter... the 3rd person, a driver, perhaps located in the south parking area ready to move out with the two others would not be far away. This is speculation.

We did not see anything after the shooting that would cause us to look into this possibility at that time.

Edited by William Plumlee

Especially interested in the names of the people concerned and any information on individual operations.

If the person went west "B" from the south parking area and over the RR tracks then our driver, who was at the bottom of the hill "B" leading from the RR tracks, would have seen him, because that is the only location to get to this west muddy parking area from the RR tracks. We would have been right behind him perhaps one minute or two. We would have seen him walking in the area or getting into another near-by car if he had went over the same route Sergio and I had followed.... We did not see anything after the shooting that would cause us to look into this possibility at that time.

It sounds so matter-of-fact when Tosh says, "We did not see anything after the shooting that would cause us to look into this possibility at that time." My understanding is that Tosh and Sergio needed to get their butts out of there, toot sweet! Their sense of what had just transpired was probably more informed, and therefore more immediately fearful, than even Oswald's. Just as the B&W Moorman is like a Rorschach test for the north knoll, Cancellaire is the same for the south knoll. I have seen and cannot dispute a number of images that are potentially valid.

Here's a photo I took from the south side, precisely where John Dolva shows the isolate figure with partical face showing. A perfect straight-on shot. Al Carrier has argued, I believe, that in his view this trajectory best explains Kennedy's headwound and why the rear evulsion would have been on the right rear rather than left:

T.C.