The Education Forum

HARTMAN's Touch History;

HARTMAN's Touch History; a Grass Raised Bullet Track & Curb Nick

Good Day All.... For those who have not viewed it yet, I was recently watching MARK OAKES on-camera interview of EDNA HARTMAN. (the OAKES video is copyrighted 1992)

I was struck by her solid credibility and several very interesting and important observations that EDNA has detailed for us....

Prior to the attack, the HARTMAN's had been attending a court trial and the judge had stopped the proceedings early because the judge was going to the Trade Mart for the luncheon with President KENNEDY (could this have been the same judge whose "County Courts" building second floor courtroom windows that GADDY, MOONEYHAM, and others watched and heard the attack from?). Apparently after the trial was stopped, the HARTMAN's went just down Main Street to get something to eat, and watch President KENNEDY drive by.

During the attack they each remembered hearing 2 or more shots from a couple blocks away while near "Mullendore's Cafeteria," located on the Record & Main Streets intersection northeast corner.

They immediately ran west to Houston Street where they first encountered a dazed red-haired woman wearing a rose-color dress who EDNA asked what had happened? The dazed woman told the HARTMAN's that JFK had just been shot. (this rose-color-dress woman may be visible in the WILLIS #5 photo slide)

They also were attracted to see a woman laying atop a boy on some grass (probably the NEWMAN's).

They then spoke with a DPD-uniformed policeman who was standing with a boy (EUINS?) who also confirmed the president had been shot

EDNA told OAKES that they

<QUOTE>

saw a policeman going up over the grassy knoll by the picket fence

<END QUOTE>

so they moved down into the north infield grass and ended up standing near the Elm Street south curb sewer. EDNA was looking down and around in the grass surrounding the cement apron of what EDNA called the "manhole sewer," and she was immediately attracted to notice a small hole opening in the nearby grass, where, around this hole opening, the grass was raised up noticeably around the hole opening, and a raised furrow track extended in a straight line from the hole opening.

EDNA said of the bullet track that they looked at, and, also, physically explored with their hands and fingers, that the bullet track was

<QUOTE>

a piece of dirt raised up like a ground mole would, but it didn't go down, it went in the--across the ground, under it, and I bent over and I traced it for several feet back, and a policeman appeared ((JOE FOSTER?)) and traced it with me, and I said

'What in the world is this? It's like a ground mole hole, but I've never seen one so long'

and he (the DPD policeman) said

'That's where a bullet went through'

and it traveled quite a ways back, but it did not come out of the ground. I said

'Well, it did not come out?'

and he said

'No. It's still in there'

and as we turned around to go back to the curb to see where it had come from--there was a nick there in the curb--and just then all the motorcycles came at one time underneath...underneath 183.

<END QUOTE>

(((( THERE WAS A NICK THERE--not 157' further away southwest where the "Tague curb impact" was--IN THE CURB !! ))))

The FBI did not take their statement until July 1964 (warrenatti CD1518). EDNA said the FBI acted like when the HARTMAN's went to the FBI to volunteer their detailed observations that their detailed observations were not important to the FBI nor the investigation, and it did not matter to the FBI whether the HARTMAN's made a statement or not.

EDNA said the FBI told them that the bullet track was caused by "pieces of bone from the skull of the president," but EDNA said "I told them I did not believe a bone could do all of that."

EDNA told OAKES,

<QUOTE>

The angle it (the bullet track) was, it could not have been from the president's skull

<END QUOTE>

When OAKES asked EDNA if the HARTMAN's ever told the FBI that--based on the direction the raised-grass bullet track furrow was pointing at--if the HARTMAN's had ever told the FBI that they thought the bullet track furrow pointed at the depository?, EDNA said no, they did not tell the FBI that.

Geographically speaking, the bullet track was approximately 112' forward of President KENNEDY's Zf-313 position, very slightly left of limousine-forward, and to the right of the president's Zf-313 facing direction, with the limousine front glass windshield frame, windshield glass, and pushed-up left and right undamaged (but blood-splattered) sun visors directly in between the President KENNEDY at Zf-313 and the bullet track in the grass that the HARTMAN's and the DPD-uniformed policeman observed and explored....

An additional crucial consideration is that with President KENNEDY's headtop 4' above (422.6' HASL) his Zf-313 street point (418.6' HASL), the point of HARTMAN's grass bullet track (413.3' HASL) was 9.3' below the top of President KENNEDY's headtop, again, keeping in mind the higher-than-JFK limousine windshield & sunvisors were in between the president and the grass bullet track.

In 1982 EARL GOLZ (who is currently working on completing his book based on his interviews and research since the early 1970's) wrote that WAYNE HARTMAN said he could--and did--fit 3 fingers into the bullet track hole. GOLZ wrote that the HARTMAN's saw the bullet track in grass about 5' south of the Elm Street south curb sewer "manhole cover," and that the HARTMAN's said that the bullet track was 1.5" wide, extending horizontally just under the grass roots for a length of 18" to 24". GOLZ also wrote that the HARTMAN's said the bullet track was

<QUOTE>

not in line with the shots fired from the depository building

<END QUOTE>

but was

<QUOTE>

aligned in the direction of the grassy knoll across the street and to the right front of the limousine.

<END QUOTE>

The location that the HARTMAN's described for the bullet furrow in the grass is detailed on my "DP.jpg" professionally surveyed Dealey Plaza map, linkable to below, after my signature.

Best Regards in Research. Honored to be yours in the pursuit of The Truth,

Don

Don Roberdeau

U.S.S. John F. Kennedy, CV-67, "Big John," plank walker

Sooner, or later, The Truth emerges Clearly

http://members.aol.com/DRoberdeau/JFK/DP.jpg

http://members.aol.com/DRoberdeau/JFK/ROSE...NOUNCEMENT.html

http://members.aol.com/DRoberdeau/JFK/BOND...PINGarnold.html

http://members.aol.com/DRoberdeau/JFK/GHOS...update2001.html

http://hometown.aol.com/DRoberdeau

T ogether

E veryone

A chieves

M ore

TEAMWORK.gif

DHS3elevatedYELLOW.gif

"Brehm seemed to think the shots came from in FRONT OF or BESIDE the President." (my EMPHASIS)

----CHARLES F. BREHM, a combat gunfire experienced, United States Army Ranger, World War II and D-day veteran, quoted only minutes after the attack, and while he is still standing within Dealey Plaza ("Dallas Times Herald," 11-22-63, final edition)

"He was coming down the street and my five-year-old boy and myself were by ourselves on the grass there on Commerce Street, and I asked Joe to wave to him and Joe waved, and I waved--and the ma--the man----As he--as he was waving back he was--he was----the shot rang out and he slumped down in his seat and his wife reached up toward him and he was slumping down and the second shot went off and it just--just knocked him down in the seat. ... Two shots. ... No sir, I did not see the man who did it. I--I----All I--all I did was look in the mans' face when he was shot there and saw that expression on his face and he grabbed himself and slide, and the second one whenever it went----I'm positive it hit him--I hope it didn't--but I'm positive it hit him and he went all the way down in the car, then they speeded up and I didn't know what was going on so I just grabbed the boy and fell on him and hoped that there wasn't a maniac around.

----CHARLES F. BREHM, a combat gunfire experienced, United States Army Ranger, World War II and D-day veteran, recorded within an hour after the attack for tv and radio

(BREHM's 22NOV63 written affidavit statements to the Dallas police have "disappeared" from the Dallas police file)

"When the President's automobile was very close to him and he could see the President's face very well, the President was seated, but was leaning forward when he stiffened perceptibly at the same instant what appeared to be a rifle shot sounded. According to BREHM, the President seemed to stiffen and come to a pause when another shot sounded and the President appeared to be badly hit in the head. Brehm said when the President was hit by the second shot, he could notice the President's hair fly up, and then roll over to his side, as Mrs. KENNEDY was apparently pulling him in that direction.

BREHM said that a third shot followed and that all three shots were relatively close together. BREHM stated that he was in military service and he has had experience with bolt-action rifles, and he expressed his opinion that the three shots were fired just about as quickly as an individual can maneuver a bolt-action rifle, take aim, and fire three shots.

BREHM stated he definitely knew that the President had been shot and he recalled having seen blood on the President's face. He also stated that it seemed quite apparent to him that the shots came from one of two buildings back at the corner of Elm and Houston Streets."

----CHARLES F. BREHM, a combat gunfire experienced, United States Army Ranger, World War II and D-day veteran, statement to the FBI, 24NOV63

"I saw a piece fly over in the area of the curb where I was standing. .... It seemed to have come left, and back. .... Sir, whatever it was that I saw did fall, both, in that direction, and, over into the curb there."

CHARLES F. BREHM, a combat gunfire experienced, United States Army Ranger, World War II and D-day veteran, statements during the 1966 assassination documentary film, "Rush to Judgment"

"After the car passed the building coming toward us, I heard a . . . surprising noise, and [the President] reached with both hands up to the side of his throat and kind of stiffened out . . . And when he got down in the area just past me, the second shot hit which damaged, considerably damaged, the top of his head. . . . That car took off in an evasive motion . . . and was just beyond me when a third shot went off. The third shot really frightened me! It had a completely different sound to it because it had really passed me as anybody knows who has been in down under targets in the Army or been shot at like I had been many times. You know when a bullet passes over you, the cracking sound it makes, and that bullet had an absolute crack to it. I do believe that that shot was wild. It didn't hit anybody. I don't think it could have hit anybody. But it was a frightening thing to me because here was one shot that hit him, obviously; here was another shot that destroyed his head, and what was the reason for that third shot? That third shot frightened me more than the other two, and I grabbed the boy and threw him on the ground because I didn't know if we were going to have a 'shoot-'em-up' in this area." ... "I was telling them that there were rifle shots and that they came from up in the corner of the School Book Depository or up in the corner of the building across from it."

----CHARLES F. BREHM, a combat gunfire experienced, United States Army Ranger, World War II and D-day veteran, to Larry Sneed, "No More Silence" (1988)

Edited by Don Roberdeau

Geographically speaking, the bullet track was approximately 112' forward of President KENNEDY's Zf-313 position, very slightly left of limousine-forward, and to the right of the president's Zf-313 facing direction, with the limousine front glass windshield frame, windshield glass, and pushed-up left and right undamaged (but blood-splattered) sun visors directly in between the President KENNEDY at Zf-313 and the bullet track in the grass that the HARTMAN's and the DPD-uniformed policeman observed and explored....

I can't comprehend what you're saying. How could the bullet track be 112 feet in front of JFK's position at Z313, yet just "slightly left" of the front of the limo and just ahead of the windshield, sun visors, etc.? This would seem to indicate that the shooter was firing from far down the fence, near the underpass, and that he couldn't hit the side of a limo. I always assumed that the furrow found by the Hartmans pointed more toward the Badgeman or Hatman positions, not further down Elm Street.