The Education Forum

JFK Autopsy in Dallas?

In viewing Oswald's autopsy photos I noticed that the towel under his head bears a striking similarity to the one seen in JFK's autopsy photos.

JFK's autopsy number is in the same format as LHO's and Tippit's. In fact, if you were to alter Two of Tippit's autopsy numbers, you would have JFK's autopsy number.

In other words, what are the odds that two hospitals, in different states, would use the same date format and also perform virtually the same number of autopsies?

Just a thought, it may mean absolutely nothing.

Chuck

Edited by Chuck Robbins

Tippit's autopsy number is ( M 63 352 ) Parkland Hospital

Oswalds autopsy number is ( M 63 356 ) Parkland Hospital

Chuck were did you find jfk's autopsy number. ?

Is there a photo depicting this number, or is it on a document. ?

In viewing Oswald's autopsy photos I noticed that the towel under his head bears a striking similarity to the one seen in JFK's autopsy photos.

JFK's autopsy number is in the same format as LHO's and Tippit's. In fact, if you were to alter Two of Tippit's autopsy numbers, you would have JFK's autopsy number.

In other words, what are the odds that two hospitals, in different states, would use the same date format and also perform virtually the same number of autopsies?

Just a thought, it may mean absolutely nothing.

Chuck

Chuck:

You may find this interesting, and relevant to your question:

http://www.manuscriptservice.com/AutopsyRoom

Allan

Edited by Allan Eaglesham

I just saw it the other night and I am sure it was on a document. There was a crease or line going through the top of the numbers. The numbers for JFK were, now this is strictly from memory, 63 272. I will do my best to find it for you so we can be sure of the numbers.

Chuck

I just saw it the other night and I am sure it was on a document. There was a crease or line going through the top of the numbers. The numbers for JFK were, now this is strictly from memory, 63 272. I will do my best to find it for you so we can be sure of the numbers.

Chuck

A63-272

I imagine the 63 in all three numbers referes to the year. So in one case it was 272 and the other 352/356

63 does indeed indicate the year. 352 is a consecutive number indicating Tippit's autopsy was the 352nd autopsy performed in Dallas in 1963. Since LHO's was 356, that would indicate there were 3 autopsies performed between Tippit's on Friday 11/22 and LHO's on Sunday the 23rd. If JFK's autopsy had been performed in Dallas, his autopsy number would have been somewhere around 63-352. I would think the JFK autopsy would have been given priority over Tippit's.

Since JFK's autopsy was performed at Bethesda Naval Hospital, it was the 272nd autopsy performed there in 1963.

Not sure of the "A" alphabetical designation at Bethesda, or the "M" in Dallas.

Autopsies are not only performed in murder cases, but in most non-natural deaths, such as suicide, accidents, etc. Natural death autopsies can be requested by next of kin.

RJS

Robin,

It's on the autopsy report. Appendix IX of the Warren Commission Report:

http://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk...eport_0281b.htm