The Education Forum

Shooter, Radioman, Spotter

Reference has been made numerous time over the years to the gunman who is seen in one of the series of photographs taken as the motorcade, after entering Stemmon's Freeway has a car with photographers taking photos of the Kennedy limo, with a building in the background, in which a man with a rifle is standing on top of a building on the opposite side of Stemmon's Freeway. For years the only photograph I was aware of was in one of Penn Jones Forgive My Grief books. Then I discovered that Robert Groden

has what I am almost certain is the same photograph, where the sign on the building is not blurred.

If I am correct, the image in The Killing Of A President on page 45, is the same building as the blurred image in Penn Jones book, the sign states Corham.

If, I am correct this building is the Corham Artificial Flower Co., 1645 Stemmons Freeway. Telephone RI1-1073....

This has not been established beyond a shadow of a doubt, but ID'ing a building with an unidentified man with a rifle is still very important.

I just realized this had already been established; I don't have Pictures of The Pain

heres a reference

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?mode=searchResult&absPageId=226563

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reference has been made numerous time over the years to the gunman who is seen in one of the series of photographs taken as the motorcade, after entering Stemmon's Freeway has a car with photographers taking photos of the Kennedy limo, with a building in the background, in which a man with a rifle is standing on top of a building on the opposite side of Stemmon's Freeway. For years the only photograph I was aware of was in one of Penn Jones Forgive My Grief books. Then I discovered that Robert Groden

has what I am almost certain is the same photograph, where the sign on the building is not blurred.

If I am correct, the image in The Killing Of A President on page 45, is the same building as the blurred image in Penn Jones book, the sign states Corham.

If, I am correct this building is the Corham Artificial Flower Co., 1645 Stemmons Freeway. Telephone RI1-1073....

This has not been established beyond a shadow of a doubt, but ID'ing a building with an unidentified man with a rifle is still very important.

I just realized this had already been established; I don't have Pictures of The Pain

heres a reference

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?mode=searchResult&absPageId=226563

Robert,

Please tell me:

Which one of the 500-plus photos listed on the Mary Ferrell document you posted is it?

Thanks!

--Odd Tommy

Edited by Thomas Graves

heres a reference

http://www.maryferre...bsPageId=226563

Robert,

Please tell me:

Which one of the 500-plus photos listed on the Mary Ferrell document you posted is it?

Thanks!

--Odd Tommy

It is hard to determine how much can be determined about what, if any possible relationship would exist regarding a man with a rifle on top of a building.

Al I know is that until Richard Trask published Pictures of The Pain, I never knew the name of this building. And, in the late 1960's early 1970's, all JFK

researchers had to go on, was a photo taken on Stemmons Freeway with an image so blurred of the name of the building, that ID'ing the building

was the equivalent of explaining E=Mc2.....

Here is the salient point

New York Times, 6/26/2007, p7,

CORELLI--Ronald, 78, of Katonah on June 24, 2007. Formerly of Chappaqua. He was the owner and President of Corham Artificial Flower Company in White Plains. He was the loving husband of Angela and loving father to Randall, Elise, John, Jeanne, Christopher and Michael. Adored grandfather of 22. Visiting at Beecher Funeral Home, Inc. 418 Bedford Road, Pleasantville, Wednesday 24PM and 7-9PM. Mass of Christian Burial Thursday 10AM at St. Patrick's R.C. Church in Bedford. Burial at Gate of Heaven Cemetery. In lieu of flowers, donations to Priestly Fraternity of St. Peter, Griffin Road, P.O. Box 196, Elmhurst, PA 18416.

So, you basically have to ask yourself a question.

If you owned or managed a building, and a rifleman made his way to the top of it, and afterwards left the roof the same day that POTUS came to town,

and departed in a coffin, would you know about it?

It would be good if someone posted the image in question (though for some reason none of the images posted by Robin recently are visible, just ''posted image'' note.). From memory in a topic that devolved into a long discussion re hand-foot the building was id'd and, to me, it seemed (based on images used then) far too inconclusive to be said it was a person at all, rather more likely a part of the rooftops vents.

Well I just looked at the picture in TKOAP it is not clear enough to see anything on the roof of the Corham building

I have all 4 of Penn Jones books, do you have any clue which book the picture is in Robert?

I hate to sound like im lazy for not just flipping through my books to look, but my Penn Jones books are old and very valuable, I hate taking them out of my bookshelf for anything.

But if you can tell me which volume it is in I will take a look

I also have POTP, I can look through that book for sure

Ok I just found the picture in POTP and it is very clear compared to the one in TKOAP

The only problem is that the picture (like all the pictures in POTP) is pretty small

I guess I could scan it, I see nothing on the roof of the Corham building that looks like a person

Kathleen Collins put up a suspect "Corham building" sniper photo at this thread, first post. It's actually the building to the right of Corham motors, figure seen just above the limo flag.

http://educationforu...showtopic=18289

New York Times, 6/26/2007, p7,

CORELLI--Ronald, 78, of Katonah on June 24, 2007. Formerly of Chappaqua. He was the owner and President of Corham Artificial Flower Company in White Plains. He was the loving husband of Angela and loving father to Randall, Elise, John, Jeanne, Christopher and Michael. Adored grandfather of 22. Visiting at Beecher Funeral Home, Inc. 418 Bedford Road, Pleasantville, Wednesday 24PM and 7-9PM. Mass of Christian Burial Thursday 10AM at St. Patrick's R.C. Church in Bedford. Burial at Gate of Heaven Cemetery. In lieu of flowers, donations to Priestly Fraternity of St. Peter, Griffin Road, P.O. Box 196, Elmhurst, PA 18416.

So, as I was saying, you have to ask yourself that question does someone get on top of a building without it's occupants or owner knowing anything about it.

There is a very odd coincidence about Corham Artificial Flower Company and one person in particular of persons associated in one way or the other with the assassination.

Be forewarned, it is just an observation, but I still find it interesting.

Ian Griggs - The Ruby Stripper Dealey Plaza Echo Vol 2 Issue 2......page 25

Kathy Kay aka Kay Helen Olsen aka Lilian Helen Harvey

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?absPageId=388548

"I also learn't that her occupation at the time of her marriage [to Kennerd Joseph Coleman USAF] was buncher in an artificial flower company.

Miss Yaeko Okui, who was a skilled musician and, of course met Lee Harvey Oswald also was well versed in flower arranging, [sogetsu School of Flower arranging] but not fake, or artificial flowers, as a matter of record, her travel to Dallas was a result of the efforts of Mr Gerardo Weinstein in the cotton, business, of all things...

She also had a cozy arrangement with Warren Leslie, who definitely was "more than just some guy who wrote a book about Dallas."

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?docId=11328&relPageId=4

- Who was Ronalds father?

- I suspect getting up on the roof is probably no problem. Not then. Some sort of record of who was working there might exist.

- With that info, Miss Okui reads like a Geisha.

She probably knew how to serve tea as well.

[...]

Wow, that's a great find by Robert Howard.

I wonder if she took care of J.A.'s orchids at the Queen Bee? Or maybe she provided "special services" at the Go-Jo-Enkanko Special Services Hotel?

--Odd Tommy

Edited by Thomas Graves

This is very interesting to me. Thanks for your time and effort on this theory.

One thing in the film and photos (where you put your boxes for us to follow along) that stands out to me. It appears in the video that just to the right of the image of the shooter (definitely movement there), there is also movement, which appears to be directly in sync with the movement of the limo.

At least that is what I see.

Thanks Trent.

I am inclined to agree with you - however, most of the experts I contacted about this believe this is simply wind in the bushes. I don't. The only confimation I ever received was tenuous at best. I once stumbled upon someone who claimed to have witnessed a film taken from perhaps this location - based upon the description provided [TSBD doorway in background, etc] - that's all I managed to get. I didn't see the film, and I have no way of knowing if this person was credible. That's how it goes.

Here's a crop - thanks to Robin Unger - this was one of his high quality frames. I interpolated it, cropped this section, and slightly tweaked it. Now I know what the wind looks like anyway.

- lee

LOL! Thanks for sharing what the wind looks like!

Although I am sure there is some issue involving physics, line of sight, or a previously unknown presence of a large fan in this area, the "it's just the wind" opinion is somewhat weak in my eyes.

The reason for this is that this wind seems to be blowing east to west, at the same speed of the limo. Now, with just a quick study of the video, that seems to be the only place that the wind is blowing in that direction.

The first thing I looked for was truly noticeable movement in clothing or hair by people in the crowd, but this is difficult to see, even if it is there. No luck.

The next reference I used was the flags on the front of the limo, and using this could be deceiving, because they will inevitably move with the movement of the limo. However, it appears possible that even with that movement, the flags do seem to be waving a little to the north side of Elm. Inconclusive, but it appears that way to me.

The next reference is the lady next to the Stemmons sign on the North side of Elm. She has that white handkerchief on her head which is definitely appearing to be blown in a North to Northwest direction.

Although neither of these is conclusive, it does give at least a possible direction of the wind at that time.

However, the East to West direction of the wind in that area that I spoke of would seem to be obstructed by that wall immediately behind and the wall to the east of "the shooter" and his friend "the wind".

I'm not ready to buy the "it's just the wind" theory yet.

Does the figure appear to be wearing a (motorcycle type)helmet Lee?

• 1 month later...

- Who was Ronalds father?

- I suspect getting up on the roof is probably no problem. Not then. Some sort of record of who was working there might exist.

Was not meant in any other way than written, tho the tea bit was more of a 'clue'. It's a pity such a possibly interesting minutae goes by the way through (the understandable) mis-readings. I don't think an ordinary Geisha would be of such interest and would such a Geisha be interested in someone like Oswald? In what circumstances could such a one be?