The Education Forum

Joseph Adams Milteer

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some have claimed that one of the photographed spectators on Houston Street is Milteer, but I don't think the resemblance is very convincing. Also, the Secret Service said that Milteer was at home at the time of the assassination. I haven't seen the SS document, but it's HSCA JFK doc 00814 according to Fourth Decade (v. 1, number 6, p. 18).

Joseph Adams Milteer told Miami police informant, Willie Somersett, that he would be at the scene of the assassination of JFK. Anyone believe they can spot him in Dealey Plaza?

Milteer was discovered in Houston Street images by Robert Groden

when he was employed by the HSCA in the 70s. It is covered in the

HSCA volumes. Below, from Groden's TKOAP.

Jack

Milteer was discovered in Houston Street images by Robert Groden

when he was employed by the HSCA in the 70s. It is covered in the

HSCA volumes. Below, from Groden's TKOAP.

Jack

And like a billion other things, Groden was wrong.

Be specific. Maybe not room for a billion. Maybe a thousand?

Maybe a hundred? Maybe ten? Make it easy for you. JUST ONE?

Opinions mean nothing. Cite facts, not generalities.

Jack

PS...Robert and I disagree about the Zapruder film. Which of

us is correct?

Edited by Jack White

Oh, the authenticity of the autopsy photos (which he stole and circulated illegally), the authenticity of OJ's shoes, the likelihood of a Dal-Tex shooter on the fire escape, etc.

Oh, the authenticity of the autopsy photos (which he stole and circulated illegally), the authenticity of OJ's shoes, the likelihood of a Dal-Tex shooter on the fire escape, etc.

Hey...you are ZERO FOR THREE* so far. Try again. And do not blame him

for Nigel's nice photo sequence. And his family did not dump him. His four

children are very devoted to him. His wife divorced him because she

is suffering from cancer and he was away from home so much. He is

still very concerned about Chris.

Jack

*Robert and I worked for two days analyzing and enlarging the alleged OJ

Buffalo shoe photos, and found about a dozen points of fakery. They were

photoshopped by someone out for big bucks from a tabloid.

Yes, and what a bangup job you two did ... until you were humiliated in court by a young photographer with the goods on OJ. Keep digging that hole, Jack.

Yes, and what a bangup job you two did ... until you were humiliated in court by a young photographer with the goods on OJ. Keep digging that hole, Jack.

Stick to the facts, please. No such thing happened.

Jack

Joseph Adams Milteer told Miami police informant, Willie Somersett, that he would be at the scene of the assassination of JFK.

I hope someone will correct me if this is wrong but, as far as I know, the only source for this is a memo written by Bernard "Bud" Fensterwald. I don't believe Somersett himself ever said anything like this to anyone in the Miami police Dept., although his reports to the police on his discussions with Milteer -- both before and after the assassination -- were extremely detailed.

For example, Somersett gave police a very detailed account of meeting Milteer on the day after the assassination in Jacksonville, Florida and accompanying him on a long drive into Georgia. Somersett recounted the substance of his conversations with Milteer in a tape-recorded meeting with Miami police which contains absolutely no hint that Milteer said anything about having been in Dallas the day before. Nor does that report contain any hint that Somersett had any reason to think that Milteer might have been in Dallas.

It seems that either someone gave Fensterwald bum information or Fensterwald himself was instigating a wild goose chase.

According to The Taking of America 1-2-3 by Richard Sprague:

"Zebra Books, the publisher of Fensterwald's book, is a CIA-

controlled organization that has also published another

disinformation book, "Appointment in Dallas," by Hugh

MacDonald.[13]"

http://www.acorn.net/jfkplace/03/Whole/TOA

Edited by J. Raymond Carroll

Jack,

I agree with Brendan, the two men are not the same. I agree they look somewhat alike, but that is all.

First. the face of the man on Houston Street is thiner than the images of Milteer. Milteer shows a much fatter face.

Second, the man on Houston Street has little hair at the front of his head, whereas Milteer has a full head of hair.

It would even appear, though this may be a miss-interpretation of the photo, that the man in Houston Street has a smaller mouth than Milteer. Milteer appears to have quite a wide mouth.

If you are convinced these are the same person, can you explain these differences?

James.

Milteer told Somersett on 11/23/63 that he had been in Dallas, Fort Worth, Houston, and other cities, but he didn’t say when.

Milteer seemed to know what he was talking about in that he accurately predicted that JFK would be shot from a tall building with a high-powered rifle. But he also seemed like something of a crackpot. Somersett said that Milteer told him after the murder that “this group that this Oswald belonged to which was Pro-Castro had been promptly infiltrated, and of course, money had been put into the right hands, furnished to the right people to do the job without throwing anything on the patriots. . . . But the thing that had to be done now was to get a pamphlet out, through the world laying the murder of Kennedy at the foot of the Jews.” Milteer and others were going to get busy on that.

This raises a couple of questions. First, what pro-Castro group did Oswald belong to (the one that he was handing out leaflets for?) that could have pulled off the assassination, and second, what known effort was made by anyone (prior to the appearance of Piper’s book Final Judgment blaming the Israelis) to blame the assassination on the Jews? I know of none.

http://www.cuban-exile.com/doc_051-075/doc0062e.html

I see you have graduated from "teacher" to "preacher," but I'm in no mood for your sermon. Dawn whats-her-face makes specious Nazi analogies all the time. Has she been banned? Bob Groden is not a member of this forum; he is a public figure--a highly controversial one at that. By callously using his family as a prop in TMWKK, HE made his family life fair game, not me. Just the other day someone insinuated that Tippitt paid for a waitress's abortion. Did you jump on them? Even if true, that certainly had no relevance to 11.22.63. You don't think people here have been Googling my name to get info on my life? Jack White said he's done exactly that. And I dare say your definition of "trolling" is a tad elastic and self-serving. I provide dissent and badly-needed diversity to this inmate-run asylum.

I realize that Jack googled your name and I also realize that had Jack of googled your name without separating "Brendan" and "Slattery" that he would not have gotten nearly as many hits, but Jack was wanting to know more about "YOU" and didn't go into your family's personal life. Dawn makes comparisons concerning your research approach, but still doesn't attack your intimate personal life. Even if what you said about Robert was true - it had no place on this forum. What's worse is that you said something about Groden and his family without knowing a damned thing about what you were talking about and it is crossing the line. Anyway, I only tried to warn you of something I had seen happened before ... it's like trying to warn a moth from not flying into the range of the campfire. Take it for what it is worth!

Bill Miller

Edited by Bill Miller

This raises a couple of questions. First, what pro-Castro group did Oswald belong to (the one that he was handing out leaflets for?) that could have pulled off the assassination, and second, what known effort was made by anyone (prior to the appearance of Piper’s book Final Judgment blaming the Israelis) to blame the assassination on the Jews? I know of none.

Milteer accurately predicted the assassination and how it would occur -- or we might now more accurately say how it would be made to appear to have occurred -- but it does not neccessarily follow that everything he told Somersett was the truth, and it is likely that Milteer only had limited information about the inner workings of the plot.

Blaming the assassination on the Jews may have been just his own idea of how to capitalize on the assassination (Milteer was a serious anti-semite), and he may have been subsequently advised not to pursue this line of propaganda. However, the involvement of Jack Ruby, whom many ordinary Americans immediately concluded must have been involved in the assassination, did add a Jewish flavor to public perceptions at the time. Contemporaneous newspaper accounts (e.g. the New York Times Monday Nov. 25th, 1963) show that people interviewed at random assumed, after the Oswald shooting, that Ruby signified a conspiracy.

Re Milteer: this is vague, but perhaps others can help tighten the focus with more details. It is from

p. 466 of Ultimate Sacrifice

The rifle from Klein's arrived at Oswald's post office box on march 25,

1963. On March 31, Oswald conveniently had his wife, Martina, take the

famous photos of him holding the rifle, photos that would be found after

JFK's death. (Oswalds's trip to New Orleans, where he had been interviewed

by the INS inspetor had to have occured before thsi incident) On April 4-6,

1963, several mutual associates of Banister and Walker were at a major

conference for racists and eactionaries in New Orleans. (Also attending was

white supremacist Joesph Milteer, who would reveal details about the JFK

assassination to a gov. informant prior to JFK's death.) On April 10, 1963,

someone tooka a shot at General Walker's House.

Does anyone know more of any more specific information tying Banister and/or Walker to right wing specifically racial groups? I know these 'issues' (hatreds) were deliberately mixed together from on high (washington D.C.) so it is often hard to separate them. Nevertheless there were some groups that were specifically race-oriented, like Milteers, and like the one in Mississippi, that John Dolva has researched. What I am interested in is specific connections between these groups and the major assassination suspects.