The Education Forum

Related Unsolved Homicides

RELATED UNSOLVED HOMICIDES – And their Jurisdictions. Human Hearts to chew.

[Note: This is not a list of mysterious deaths related to the assassination of JFK, which includes suposidely natural deaths, accidental deaths and suicides. This is a list of confirmed homicides that are subject to periodic cold case reviews by official investigative authorities.]

UNSUB : Unknown Subject/suspects

1) Henry Marshall – June 3, 1961– Franklin, Texas. Gassed with Carbon Monixide, shot seven times with rifle, originally ruled suicide.

2) John F. Kennedy – November 22, 1963 – Dallas, Texas. Shot in head by sniper(s).UNSUB#1 & UNSUB#2. (John B. Connally and James Tague also wounded by same assailants).

3) J.D. Tippit – November 22, 1963 – Dallas, Texas. Dallas policeman shot by pedestrian. UNSUB #3.

4) Lee Harvey Oswald – November 24, 1963 – Dallas, Texas. Suspect shot by JACK RUBY in police custody.

5) Karyn Kupcinet – November 28, 1963 – Los Angeles, California. Strangled in apartment. UNSUB #4.

6) Jack Zangretti – Dec., 1963 – Lake Lugert, Texas. Chicago mobster shot by UNSUB #5.

7) Jim Koethe – Sept. 21, 1964 – Dallas, Tx.. Reporter assaulted in apartment by UNSUB #6. (Same MO as #4).

8) Mary Pinocot Meyer – October 12, 1964 – Georgetown Canal, Washington D.C. Assaulted by UNSUB #7.

9) Elidio Delvalle – February, 1967 – Miami, Florida. Murdered in automobile on streetcorner by UNSUB

10) Martin Luther King, Jr. – 1968 – Memphis, Tenn. Shot by sniper UNSUB

11) Robert F. Kennedy – June, 1968 – L. A., California. Shot by handgun UNSUB #10 with Sirhan B. Sirhan.

12) Salvadore Allende – September 11, 1972 – Santiago, Chile. Assassinated during military coup.

13) Charles Horman – September, 1972 – Santiago, Chile. Murdered by assassination squad of Augusta Pinochet.

14) Jose Dela Torriente – April 12, 1974 – Florida. Former Collins Radio Cuban, shot by sniper UNSUB #11

15) Dave Yaras – 1974 – Chicago. Mobster murdered gangland style. UNSUB #12

16) Charles Nicoletti – 1974 – Chicago. Murdered gangland style. UNSUB #13

17) Sam Giancana – 1975 – Chicago. Murdered gangland style. UNSUB #14

18) John Roselli – July, 1976 – Florida. Shot on boat, chopped and deep sixed in oil can. UNSUB #15

19) Orlando Letelier/Ronnie Moffitt – September, 1976. Dupont Circle, Washington D.C. Double bombing victims.

20) Navy Lt. Pitzer. Bethesda, Maryland. Suspicious death, considered murder. UNSUB #16

"I met Murder on the way –

He had a mask like Castlereagh:

Very smooth he looked, yet grim;

Seven bloodhounds followed him.

All were fat; and well they might

Be in admirable plight,

For one by one, and two by two,

He tossed them human hearts to chew."

- The Masque of Anarchy. From: "Studies In Murder" by Edmund Lester Pearson.

Edited by William Kelly

6) Jack Zangretti – Dec., 1963 – Lake Lugert, Texas. Chicago mobster shot by UNSUB #5.

Jack Zangretti, Lake Lugert, Oklahoma,

Edited by John Dolva

Bill, on the surface I can't imagine #4, LHO, as being the victim in an unsolved homicide. His murder was eyewitnessed by millions on TV, and the shooter was apprehended immediately after the act. While we may never know Ruby's true motive in the murder, the case would be considered "solved" by any Perry Mason standard of guilt or innocence.

Could you possibly clarify your reasoning on labeling this one "unsolved" ?

Bill, on the surface I can't imagine #4, LHO, as being the victim in an unsolved homicide. His murder was eyewitnessed by millions on TV, and the shooter was apprehended immediately after the act. While we may never know Ruby's true motive in the murder, the case would be considered "solved" by any Perry Mason standard of guilt or innocence.

Could you possibly clarify your reasoning on labeling this one "unsolved" ?

Hey Mark, I see your point, though a jury failed to convict him.

If elimantation is the motive to kill LHO, as it was with JFK, then there's most certainly to it, and more guilty parties than just the triggerman. Of those on the list, it isn't one that has much chance of seeing court proceedings again.

BK

RELATED UNSOLVED HOMICIDES – And their Jurisdictions. Human Hearts to chew.

[Note: This is not a list of mysterious deaths related to the assassination of JFK, which includes suposidely natural deaths, accidental deaths and suicides. This is a list of confirmed homicides that a subject to periodic cold case reviews by official investigative authorities.]

UNSUB : Unknown Subject/suspects

1) Henry Marshall – June 3, 1961– Franklin, Texas. Gassed with Carbon Monixide, shot seven times with rifle, originally ruled suicide.

2) John F. Kennedy – November 22, 1963 – Dallas, Texas. Shot in head by sniper(s).UNSUB#1 & UNSUB#2. (John B. Connally and James Tague also wounded by same assailants).

Bill there is NO doubt in my mind that Mac Wallace killed Henry Marshall. You can add former Tx Ranger Clint Peoples- (who was responsible for getting Marshall's deah re-investigated and the "suicide" theory tossed- to the list of killed by Mac Wallace. (imho)

Did Wallace also shoot JFK? On this I have more questions than I have answers. I do know that Nathan Darby made the match and I was able to finally " see" it in 10/03 (after not really "seeing it" in 98 , simply because I did not understand the science of fingerprinting and was too impatient to "get it" ). But thanx to Nathan and Richard Bartholomew explaining it to me together...I was able to see that the latent on the 6th floor is that of Mac Wallace. What it proves is another story.

Dawn

Death of Hale Boggs in plane disappearance somewhere in AL......

Got you on Marshall murder, Dawn.

As for Boggs, Peter, you must understand that his is not a list of suspicious deaths, but of deliberate homicides, which are still open cases and that official investigations are continuing.

BK

As for Boggs, Peter, you must understand that his is not a list of suspicious deaths, but of deliberate homicides, which are still open cases and that official investigations are continuing.

BK

Bill:

On what basis do you describe the Pitzer case as an unsolved homicide with an on-going investigation?

Thank you.

Allan

BK

Bill:

On what basis do you describe the Pitzer case as an unsolved homicide with an on-going investigation?

Thank you.

Hi Alan,

A few years ago I talked with an official Navy investigator who was looking into the case. So I know there is/was an official investigation as recently as a few years ago. Somebody else must consider it suspicious besides me.

While the Navy might not consider it a homicide, I think enough evidence could be presented to a local grand jury to investigate it as such.

You know more about the evidence in the Pitzer case than I do.

Do you agree?

BK

Coincidence?

........ unlikely.

there are others, like the late John Liggett.

Were Danny Casolero, Abbie Hoffman and John Lennon all part of the program?

15) Dave Yaras – 1974 – Chicago. Mobster murdered gangland style. UNSUB #12

David Yaras died of a heart attack. It was his son Ronnie, who was killed in 1974. Ronnie was whacked by Sam Cagnina III (though Sam has denied this to me in letters from prison- he's in on unrelated charges). Sam the Fat Man was a Trafficante family associate. Ronnie's death as part of an ongoing "war" between mob-connected lounge and bar owners that spilled over into Miami from Tampa.

THere's so little known about David Yaras. I was going to jump onboard a book his granddaughter was writing, but she died last year and the other author has shelved the project.

Obviously there was some mix-up in the information stream, because I've seen references to David Yaras being murdered on various JFK timelines, but have never seen any other details about it.

Edited by Scott Deitche

Bill:

Up to a couple of years ago, I was of the strong opinion that Lieutentant Commander William B. Pitzer had been murdered. I pushed as hard as I could for a reopening of the case, and was in communication with Naval Investigative Service S/A Dave DiPaola. He instituted a review of available information, to appraise the need to reopen the case. He decided that there was no "heartbeat," as he called it, and the case remained closed. After I obtained a copy of a photograph of the death scene -- which seemed to show a left-temple bullet wound -- I met with S/A DiPaola at the National Naval Medical Center, Bethesda. He gave me three and a half hours of his time; feeling that the photograph was open to interpretation, he did not agree with me that the case should be reopened. Later I was able to see the autopsy photographs and came to the conclusion that there is no direct evidence for homicide.

More details on the above are available at the URLs I provided in an earlier post in this thread.

For what it is worth -- a lay opinion -- I believe that William Pitzer killed himself. Unfortunately, the autopsy photographs are in the possession of members of the family who will not release them for examination by forensic experts. I have tried several times to obtain copies under the FOIA, without success. If anyone knows of a FOIA lawyer willing to work pro bono and sue for release of the photographs, please e-mail me at aeaglesh@twcny.rr.com.

Allan

Edited by Allan Eaglesham

Coincidence?

........ unlikely.

there are others, like the late John Liggett.

Were Danny Casolero, Abbie Hoffman and John Lennon all part of the program?

Hey Shanet:

Nice to see you back.

FWIW I have a lot suspicions about all of the above. Casolero was a definate political hit. Lennon and Hoffman have been way under researched. But I really do not believe Hoffman killed himself. And JL's

murder has MC all over it.

I need to look at that Ligget hour again on TMWKK. Very strange, his life and death.

Dawn

ps I was also very suspicious from the moment Boggs disappeared and that was before I knew who he was.

Once I learned in 73 or so he'd been a Warren Commissioner who was also a dissenter, I really became doubtful that his demise was accidental. Then last year I learned he'd been Garrison's source. Garrison for years said it was Huey Long who told him to look into the Kennedy assassination, but it was actually Hale Boggs, according to Joan Mellen.

That cinched it for me that it was murder. (Also his son has some very interesting comments online). His daughter is in the media and keeps her lips sealed. "Mockingbird" lives.

• 2 weeks later...

My purpose for creating a list of related cold case unsolved homicides and their jurisdictions is to see if there is a young, independent minded and unpolitical assistant district attorney or prosecutor in any of those jurisdictions to re-review the evidence in any of the cases, and thus begining a new investigation cycle.

If that one investigator begins a Task Force, even of volunteers and establishes liason with assistant DAs in each of the other jurisdictions, they could share the evidence they have developed, and follow new leads in each other's jurisdictions - and at least begin trying to solve some of these cases.

BK