The Education Forum

Dark complected man

Was the Cuban packing a sidearm? Look at the shape of the bulge.

Jack

That is, without a doubt, the best view of DCM I've seen to-date. Thank you.

I'm not sure it is a sidearm, but it could answer (quite easily) the question I had which was: "if he's using a radio in the other photographs, where did it go?" Walkie-Talkies from that era were substantially larger than today's, and were not as easy to conceal. If one was pocketed or belt-clipped under the jacket, it could very easily look like this.

No question, though, there is something under that jacket (other than the DCM himself)!

Frank,

In at least one of the other photos in which DCM appears (after getting up and walking away down Elm St.), he can be seen tucking somthing into one of his back pockets. Most likely the radio/"walkie-talkie."

--Thomas

Jack

Excellent observation, Jack. Don't know why I didn't notice that before you brought it to my attention.

--Thomas

PS Go Frogs.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jack

That is, without a doubt, the best view of DCM I've seen to-date. Thank you.

I'm not sure it is a sidearm, but it could answer (quite easily) the question I had which was: "if he's using a radio in the other photographs, where did it go?" Walkie-Talkies from that era were substantially larger than today's, and were not as easy to conceal. If one was pocketed or belt-clipped under the jacket, it could very easily look like this.

No question, though, there is something under that jacket (other than the DCM himself)!

I favor a concealed gun in a canted holster.

Jack

Would you say that this man is 5'11", 158 lbs, has brown hair, wears dark glasses, and has a dark complexion?

Maybe.

The physical description provided above is not that of the Dark Complected Man, but of Manuel Rodriguez Orcarberro.

See 5/26/64 FBI Report of SA Wallace Heitman, page 5

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...p;relPageId=223

Steve Thomas

I was just thinking-- What a stroke of brillance by the conspiritors to have a dark-complected person working with a caucasian! They would appear, on face value, simply to be two complete strangers thrown together in a crisis. Especially given the racial politics and climate in '63 in the South. Comments?

--Thomas

Would you say that this man is 5'11", 158 lbs, has brown hair, wears dark glasses, and has a dark complexion?

Maybe.

The physical description provided above is not that of the Dark Complected Man, but of Manuel Rodriguez Orcarberro.

See 5/26/64 FBI Report of SA Wallace Heitman, page 5

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...p;relPageId=223

Steve Thomas

I was just thinking-- What a stroke of brillance by the conspiritors to have a dark-complected person working with a caucasian! They would appear, on face value, simply to be two complete strangers thrown together in a crisis. Especially given the racial politics and climate in '63 in the South. Comments?

--Thomas

P.S. I said Bernardo de Torres (as possible DCM) in an earlier post. I meant to say Felipe Vidal Santiago.

Sorry for the confusion. --Thomas

P.S. I said Bernardo de Torres (as possible DCM) in an earlier post. I meant to say Felipe Vidal Santiago. (Thomas Graves)

Hi Thomas,

It seems that researchers are split between DCM being Orlando Bosch or Felipe Vidal Santiago. I for one have swayed strongly toward Vidal for quite some time and his sidekick being Roy Hargraves.

I am going to be hard pressed to change my mind but over the last few months, another combination has been thrown into the mix, Evelio Duque and Jerry Buchanan. I present it here as just another possibility and as a combination of characters which are curious to say the least. These two guys worked together on a regular basis and the Agency had a keen interest in Duque.

Bottom line is that DCM was positioned right amongst the action and his behavior (pre and post shooting) was supicious to say the least.

FWIW.

James

P.S. I said Bernardo de Torres (as possible DCM) in an earlier post. I meant to say Felipe Vidal Santiago. (Thomas Graves)

Hi Thomas,

It seems that researchers are split between DCM being Orlando Bosch or Felipe Vidal Santiago. I for one have swayed strongly toward Vidal for quite some time and his sidekick being Roy Hargraves.

I am going to be hard pressed to change my mind but over the last few months, another combination has been thrown into the mix, Evelio Duque and Jerry Buchanan. I present it here as just another possibility and as a combination of characters which are curious to say the least. These two guys worked together on a regular basis and the Agency had a keen interest in Duque.

Bottom line is that DCM was positioned right amongst the action and his behavior (pre and post shooting) was supicious to say the least.

FWIW.

James

Tosh Plumlee identified DCM to Jim Marrs and me as a Cuban he knew

nicknamed GATOR, because an aligator had bitten off two of his fingers.

Tosh?

Jack

I am not generally one for seeing people in the patterns of light and dark in the bushes (not that I disparage such searches), but I've always been amazed this photo doesn't get more attention. Is it just me, or is it pretty apparent that the dark-complected man is speaking into a walkie-talkie of some sort. The bulge in his hands is pretty blurry, but you can see the grey strip of the antenna against the suit of the person behind him.

The picture is from Ron Ecker's "The Umbrella Man" page: http://www.hobrad.com/acreumbr.htm

Rex

dcmanradio.jpg

Rex,

Exactly.

--Thomas

Rex,

The strip that looks like an antenna could possibly be an artifact in the photo. I say that because there is a similar strip visible halfway down the man's back. And there is another one under the left shoulder of the motorcycle cop.

But then that strip right where an antenna would be sure is coincidental, isn't it? I hate coincidences.

Ron

Sorry Ron,

Sorry to rock your (slightly) contrarian boat, but it is an antenna. (Thank God the woman wearing the dark coak was passing behind DCM when the photo was taken, otherwise the antenna probably wouldn't have shown up in the photo.)

--Thomas

Edited by Thomas Graves

Tosh Plumlee identified DCM to Jim Marrs and me as a Cuban he knew nicknamed GATOR, because an aligator had bitten off two of his fingers.

Jack,

There was a dark skinned Cuban by the name of Alvarez (First name unknown) who went by the nickname Gator. He was allegedly associated with a commando group called the Black Falcons. Tony Cuesta was supposedly also a member of this organization.

It was told to me that at the time of the assassination, Alvarez was in Miami. Like all information of this type regarding where certain people were on the 22nd of November 1963, one should treat it with a grain of salt.

FWIW.

James

Hi Thomas,

FWIW.

James

Looking at James' post #21 this thread, interesting to note that Umbrella Man's right ear and Jerry Buchanan's right ear both stick out at quite a similar, sharp angle, don't they? They also have very similar eyebrows, nose, and overall facial structure in my humble opinion....

--Thomas

Edited by Thomas Graves

Tosh Plumlee identified DCM to Jim Marrs and me as a Cuban he knew nicknamed GATOR, because an aligator had bitten off two of his fingers.

Jack,

There was a dark skinned Cuban by the name of Alvarez (First name unknown) who went by the nickname Gator. He was allegedly associated with a commando group called the Black Falcons. Tony Cuesta was supposedly also a member of this organization.

It was told to me that at the time of the assassination, Alvarez was in Miami. Like all information of this type regarding where certain people were on the 22nd of November 1963, one should treat it with a grain of salt.

FWIW.

James

Do you have an Alvarez photo?

Jack

Sorry to rock your (slightly) contrarian boat, but it is an antenna.

Gary Mack has convinced me that it is indeed an antenna. But I find it odd that no one seems to see or understand why I suggested it could be an artifact. Does no one else see an identical though smaller strip behind the cop's left shoulder, and another identical though smaller strip sticking out from DCM's back? I see remarkable coincidence in this photo any way you look at it. If it's an antenna, there are two coincidental artifacts in the photo that look the same, as if they're conspiring to make you think it's not an antenna. How did this happen?

It brings other weird things to mind, such as how did the older tramp happen, as if planted there to look like two or three different suspects, for no other purpose than to boggle people's minds. I doubt that he was a plant (he was probably Gus Abrams), which makes it so weird.

James, thanks for that photo of Buchanan. It's the closest match I've seen to that frontal view of UM. To me that frontal view looks nothing at all like Hargraves or Novel and virtually eliminates them. It does look like Buchanan.

Jack,

FWIW.

James

Do you have an Alvarez photo?

Jack

Sorry, Jack, no.

James

DCM was packing more than a gun and holster under his jacket. In this photo it looks like he's packing Citizen Kane's sled Rosebud on his back. I'd sure like to know what it is.

dcmanwalk.jpg

Peter Lemkin Posted Today, 05:05 AM

QUOTE(Jack White @ Oct 4 2006, 04:35 AM)

Jack

Yes, that is the clearest photo I have too on the HUGE walkie-talkie or gun holster he is wearing under his jacket...I think the former.

I recieved an email from Gary Mack suggesting I consider that this man had a transistor radio under his jacket and not a walkie-talkie. Gary, 'ya gotta be kidding!...this guy was operational and not listening to the baseball game!....and no transistor radio was that big or that square!

Yes, if it were indeed a "transistor radio" why would he conceal it under his clothes? And the other guy is supposed to be one Louie Steven Witt with his umbrella hexing the President or whatever... please .... I think a kid could have come up with a better "story".

Guest Stephen Turner
Peter Lemkin Posted Today, 05:05 AM

QUOTE(Jack White @ Oct 4 2006, 04:35 AM)

Jack

Yes, that is the clearest photo I have too on the HUGE walkie-talkie or gun holster he is wearing under his jacket...I think the former.

I recieved an email from Gary Mack suggesting I consider that this man had a transistor radio under his jacket and not a walkie-talkie. Gary, 'ya gotta be kidding!...this guy was operational and not listening to the baseball game!....and no transistor radio was that big or that square!

Yes, if it were indeed a "transistor radio" why would he conceal it under his clothes? And the other guy is supposed to be one Louie Steven Witt with his umbrella hexing the President or whatever... please .... I think a kid could have come up with a better "story".

The story Witt told was that he took the umbrella to mock Kennedy for his cowardice over Cuba. The umbrella serving as a mute reference to British P/M Chamberlain's appeasement of Hitler at the Munich conference. Seems a rather obscure way to make your point, most people settle for a placard......