The Education Forum

Face in crowd at Love Field.

I read an article once, about an incident in Canada, where a man thought to be David Ferrie was speaking

with an associate in public. A canadian overheard him talking about the assassination.

What caught my attention in this article was a statement which said Ferrie talked about someone involved

in the assassination being dumb enough to be photographed at Love Field.

I scanned Love Field photos and did find one face, and, if it is who it looks like, he said he was in California

at the time of the assassination.

This was posted at Lancer by me a few years back. It got some attention, but, I felt it was not given the

scrutiny it deserved.

Here is the face in the crowd and next to it is a photo of Clay Shaw.

I'm sure someone else could pull a much clearer image from the picture than I did. I was very new to

working with images at the time I cropped and enlarged this blurry thing.

I read an article once, about an incident in Canada, where a man thought to be David Ferrie was speaking

with an associate in public. A canadian overheard him talking about the assassination.

What caught my attention in this article was a statement which said Ferrie talked about someone involved

I scanned Love Field photos and did find one face, and, if it is who it looks like, he said he was in California

This was posted at Lancer by me a few years back. It got some attention, but, I felt it was not given the

scrutiny it deserved.

I'm sure someone else could pull a much clearer image from the picture than I did. I was very new to

That's really interesting Chuck. Would you mind posting the original photo you took the image from?

It does look a lot like Shaw, except for the upper lip which isn't as long as Shaw's. Though that part of the image is pretty blurry.

Edited by Myra Bronstein

scrutiny it deserved.

There sems to be a good paper/witness trail that Shaw was on the West Coast at the time.

scrutiny it deserved.

That's really interesting Chuck. Would you mind posting the original photo you took the image from?

It does look a lot like Shaw, except for the upper lip which isn't as long as Shaw's. Though that part of the image is pretty blurry.

I will when I find it.

I have 1000's of images and the labeling on most of them is the original name, usually just numbers,

associated with the image when obtained from the net.

I will have to go through and make an honest attempt at proper naming and filing of these images.

(Not any time soon)

If anyone has Love Field Images available perhaps they could post links to them?

If I remember correctly the man is located just a little bit to the right of center in the photo and he is in the back half of the crowd.

The forehead, eyes and especially the nose appear to be extremely similar in both images...IMHO.

Isn't it curious that the Ferrie conversation, about someone he knows being in a Love Field photo, results in

my finding what appears to be a Clay Shaw doppleganger?

Thank you for your response.

scrutiny it deserved.

There sems to be a good paper/witness trail that Shaw was on the West Coast at the time.

I trust you will forgive me if I am skeptical of any paperwork/witness which gives a CIA operative an alibi?

We have learned we can not rely upon the paper/witnesses from the Warren Report nor can we fully trust

those provided by the other "investigations" undertaken over the years.

scrutiny it deserved.

I trust you will forgive me if I am skeptical of any paperwork/witness which gives a CIA operative an alibi?

We have learned we can not rely upon the paper/witnesses from the Warren Report nor can we fully trust

those provided by the other "investigations" undertaken over the years.

Garrison mentions, at length in On the Trail of the Assassins, discussions between Shaw and Ferrie wherein they're discussing the alibis they'll use well in advance. It was a prime consideration. Since (as Chuck said) Shaw was CIA (was it Helms that admitted that?--I think so), it would be quite easy for him to get fake evidence to support his alibi.

More pics of Shaw for comparison. The upper lip can look shorter depending on angle and expression.

Edited by Myra Bronstein

Here is the image the man in question came from.

Edited by Chuck Robbins

double post. refreshed page...this was result. Sorry

Edited by Chuck Robbins

More pics of Shaw for comparison. Myra Bronstein

Unfortunately, the Shaw look-alike in the Love Field photo that Chuck posted looks to be of average height. I read somewhere that Shaw was quite tall. Six-five or so. He sure looks tall in the lower photo which Myra posted of him surrounded by reporters and/or lawyers outside the courthouse.

FWIW, Thomas

Edited by Thomas Graves

According to Richard Giesbrecht, the man who overheard this conversation at the Winnipeg airport, the man "dumb enough to be photographed at Love Field" was named "Isaacs." Unless we can find Shaw's use of that name as an alias, it seems a dead end.

While I understand your skepticism regarding the authenticity of Shaw's alibi for his whereabouts on that day, Stephen Roy is correct to point out that all indications are that Shaw was in San Francisco to deliver a speech. He arrived on November 21 and returned a few days later. [Even Garrison didn't see fit to dispute this, which I'm sure he must have investigated.] While his presence on the West Coast doesn't necessarily absolve Shaw of having played a hypothetical role in the assassination, it all but rules out his presence at Love Field.

More pics of Shaw for comparison. Myra Bronstein

Unfortunately, the Shaw look-alike in the Love Field photo that Chuck posted looks to be of average height. I read somewhere that Shaw was quite tall. Six-five or so. He sure looks tall in the lower photo which Myra posted of him surrounded by reporters and/or lawyers outside the courthouse.

FWIW, Thomas

Yup, he's too short. (And his upper lip's too short!) Good eye though Chuck.

If we have decided that the man in question is not Shaw, I would like to divert this thread to other so-called faces in the crowd.

I'm going off memory here (dangerous ploy) but I seem to recall that a European publication claimed a photo was taken along the parade route which showed Allen Dulles and Jack Ruby amongst the sea of faces. The claim was also made that great lengths were taken to make sure the image was not published in the United States.

All highly dubious of course but here is that image with the individuals in question circled.

FWIW.

James

If we have decided that the man in question is not Shaw, I would like to divert this thread to other so-called faces in the crowd.

I'm going off memory here (dangerous ploy) but I seem to recall that a European publication claimed a photo was taken along the parade route which showed Allen Dulles and Jack Ruby amongst the sea of faces. The claim was also made that great lengths were taken to make sure the image was not published in the United States.

All highly dubious of course but here is that image with the individuals in question circled.

FWIW.

James

Ruby, I don't think so. The nose doesn't seem right. The hairline either, tho' that could just be a difference of angle.

Dulles, certainly looks like him. I can't imagine him standing at the front of the crowd though where the President could see him. I doubt a definitive id could be made given the quality of the motorcade picture and the angle of "Dulles." Unfortunately.

On edit: Removed photos for space.

Edited by Myra Bronstein

FWIW.

James

I wonder what they're looking at at such an acute angle away from JFK and Jackie?

FWIW, Thomas

Back in the early 1990's, the Dallas West End was the home of the JFK Assassination Information Center. I used to go there quite a bit and saw a lot of interesting items, one of which pertains to the subject of this thread, maybe Jack White will see this, and add what info he may have. There was a Poster of "DCM & the Umbrella Man" there; which may or may not have been where I saw....a picture of the Dark Complected Man at......Love Field! He [if it indeed was him] was, in the not too distant background as JFK and Jackie get into the Limo, and if memory serves correctly is within 10-12 feet by the time they are comfortably seated and the limo begins to slowly pull away from the crowd. For all I know, I may be the only one, who is familiar with the image, but I am reasonably sure I have also seen this person even in the television footage of Love Field, years ago.

Also, I would think if anyone was a candidate for the person referenced as being at Love Field, and is known as Isaac or Isaac's, it would be Harold Isaacs as I have seen his name mentioned in the context of communicating with either Ruth Paine or Priscilla McMillan after the assassination. From the - For what it's worth, department