The Education Forum

Has anyone read Peter Dale Scott's Watergate book?

Myra Bronstein

The title sure indicates a JFK-Watergate connection.

For anyone who read it, did it help to illuminate Watergate for you?

Well here's an exerpt from his JFK book via John's Spartacus page:

"(22) Peter Dale Scott, Deep Politics and the Death of JFK (1993)

The Watergate break-in of 1972 (in which, I have always been convinced, Nixon was not so much a guilty perpetrator as a guilty victim) followed Nixon's secret negotiations with Hanoi for disengagement from Vietnam, significantly advanced by his May 1972 visit to Moscow, where he signed the first Strategic Arms Limitation Agreement."

Edited by Myra Bronstein

[quote name='Myra Bronstein' date='Dec 9 2006, 07:51 AM' post='84423']

The title sure indicates a JFK-Watergate connection.

For anyone who read it, did it help to illuminate Watergate for you?

Well here's an exerpt from his JFK book via John's Spartacus page:

"(22) Peter Dale Scott, Deep Politics and the Death of JFK (1993)

The Watergate break-in of 1972 (in which, I have always been convinced, Nixon was not so much a guilty perpetrator as a guilty victim) followed Nixon's secret negotiations with Hanoi for disengagement from Vietnam, significantly advanced by his May 1972 visit to Moscow, where he signed the first Strategic Arms Limitation Agreement."

Yes Myra. Great book. Fabulous researcher. Another little masterpiece of his is Crime and Cover-Up The CIA, The Mafia, and the Dallas-Watergate connection.

Dawn

Peter Dale Scott is the elder stateman of JFK assassination research, who has written a lot of the most prolific resarch done on the same topic, he has another work which should be available to anyobe who is serious about having the 'whole story' aka material required to unravel the JFK Saga, entiled "The Dallas Conspiracy unpublished"

I asked Mr Scott about how one would obtain a copy as it is so hard to find, on his thread in the "History Books - Deep Politics & The Death of JFK " section of the Forum.

"The Dallas Conspiracy" (ca. 197l). Has been cited and listed in published bibliographies (e.g. Anthony Summers, Conspiracy). For sale in specialized bookstores. 300 pp.

The above paragraph is from Peter Dale Scott's own website

see

http://socrates.berkeley.edu/~pdscott/bib5.html

I have to mention that Mr Scott has also been at the cutting edge of research into 9-11 and is not exactly the Maytag Repairman when it comes to having 'lot's of time available.' as well as the fact that he, being the author of the work in question is the only person who can determine "how essential" this work is re making it available to the rest of the research community, which I respect and more importantly, trust his judgement. Even his most recent work.....

Drugs, Oil, and War: the United State in Afghanistan, Colombia, and Indochina (Lanham, MD: Rowman & Littlefield, March 2003

......is pertinent to the topic we are all researching.

It goes without saying as far as I am concerned, that without individuals of the character of Peter Dale Scott, JFK Research would be "stuck in the 60's."

Also maryferrell.org is in the process of making works such as Harold Weisberg's Whitewash and Oswald in New Orleans and other IMO significant works available, of which hard to find would be the understatement of the decade, perhaps, if Mr Scott deemed it a good idea, that would be a method of making it available but that is merely an idea.

Edited by Robert Howard

Peter Dale Scott is the elder stateman of JFK assassination research, who has written a lot of the most prolific resarch done on the same topic, he has another work which should be available to anyobe who is serious about having the 'whole story' aka material required to unravel the JFK Saga, entiled "The Dallas Conspiracy unpublished"

I asked Mr Scott about how one would obtain a copy as it is so hard to find, on his thread in the "History Books - Deep Politics & The Death of JFK " section of the Forum.

"The Dallas Conspiracy" (ca. 197l). Has been cited and listed in published bibliographies (e.g. Anthony Summers, Conspiracy). For sale in specialized bookstores. 300 pp.

see

I have to mention that Mr Scott has also been at the cutting edge of research into 9-11 and is not exactly the Maytag Repairman when it comes to having 'lot's of time available.' as well as the fact that he, being the author of the work in question is the only person who can determine "how essential" this work is re making it available to the rest of the research community, which I respect and more importantly, trust his judgement. Even his most recent work.....

Drugs, Oil, and War: the United State in Afghanistan, Colombia, and Indochina (Lanham, MD: Rowman & Littlefield, March 2003

It goes without saying as far as I am concerned, that without individuals of the character of Peter Dale Scott, JFK Research would be "stuck in the 60's."

Also maryferrell.org is in the process of making works such as Harold Weisberg's Whitewash and Oswald in New Orleans and other IMO significant works available, of which hard to find would be the understatement of the decade, perhaps, if Mr Scott deemed it a good idea, that would be a method of making it available but that is merely an idea.

Thank you Robert for linking Dr. Scott's COPA speech. It's close to an hour but well worth the time, I just viewed it.

Dawn

see

Thank you Robert for linking Dr. Scott's COPA speech. It's close to an hour but well worth the time, I just viewed it.

Dawn

Hey! All pro-democracy Texan's have to stick together, I may be moving from, nut country especially if they erect that George W Bush Library here; rumor has it, that it will include the largest collection of Readers Digest Condensed Books ever seen.

It really makes one feel proud of the highway system here to travel the splendid George Bush Turnpike and then mosey on over to LBJ Freeway. Maybe the next freeway in Big D can be called the Donald Rumsfeld Highway.....that would be the trifecta!

Edited by Robert Howard

[quote name='Peter Lemkin' date='Dec 10 2006, 06:18 AM' post='84592']

[quote name='Robert Howard'

Don't miss the Questions and Answers that follow - on Google a separate hour video...in some ways better than the speech.

Thanks Peter. I did not realize there was a Q and A., will be sure to catch it. Just google PDS and 9-11?

Dawn

• 1 month later...

I know Rex Bradford at the Mary Ferrell site has just reprinted Scott's DEEP POLITICS 2, but I'm curious as to whether the book includes DEEP POLITICS 3 as well, as last time I checked I thought that Scott had released some material as DP2 in the 90's and then previewed what was apparently DP3 on Rex's History Matters site. (I could be wrong). I agree about the fine quality of PDF's talk and Q&A, and feel that both are outstanding viewing, the latter only briefly soured by the female questioner who seems to try Scott's patience (she tried mine as well) with what I gather were some fairly off-topic comments. As an aside, I'm happy to read on Scott's site that his new ROAD TO 9/11 book now has an estimated date of publication, and disappointed to learn that I'll have to wait to nearly the end of this year to read it.

• 3 months later...
Guest David Guyatt

I hear whispers thatPDS is due to publish a book on 911 and the twin towers...

Barely changing the subject, why doesn't this site have a thread on Pearl Harbour btw? It's a classic. Much significant material remains classified and thus hints at a deeper, darker truth.

• 3 years later...

Bringing this thread back from the past, Southeast Louisiana University has two copies of Peter Dale Scott's THE DALLAS CONSPIRACY listed in their JFK papers archive, about halfway down the page linked below in a box of 'Supplemental Material' (items 20 and 21). The library advises that inter-library loans can make materials available (possibly through photocopies) to interested parties at other libraries throughout the US and even internationally, but also notes that some materials may not be available, including 'unpublished manuscripts'. Jim DiEugenio might have scratched his head at what PDS was getting at with the book but I'd still like to read it someday. If someone ever pays the library a visit with an iPhone 4 and photographs the pages, I'll volunteer to type the sucker up. Hey, if Rex Bradford brought out an archival edition ala Pete's WAR CONSPIRACY, I'd buy it. Then again PDS may well have his own reasons as to why he prefers the manuscript be off the market.

http://www.selu.edu/acad_research/programs/csls/historical_collections/archival_collections/h_k/kennedy_john_f_assas.html

The archive collection also features another unpublished book I've never heard of, notably -

"6. When They Kill a President, unpublished manuscript by former Dallas Deputy Sheriff Roger Dean Craig (xerox copy)"

The plural in the title makes me wonder if it's worth a look.