The Education Forum

Roy Hargraves

Guest donwheeler

Guest donwheeler

Hi, Everyone

I was searching for information about the late Roy Hargraves.

I found a Francophone group in Belgium that was asking for photos

of him.

I have many photos of him , but was wondering why they were wanted, and by whom .

I can't seem to reach that board by eMail..

Key Words,

Umbrella man, Interpen, None dare call it Treason, Cuba, JFK,

Hemet, California, COINTELLPRO

Thank you ,

don wheeler

Long Island, New York

Guest donwheeler

Thank you for the reply.

I will be posting more at a later time and date.

60 + years ago a group of 5 siblings were seperated, adopted into

different faimlies, and their names changed.

After a 50 year seperation, I was able to track these people down

and have a reunion with all but one who had died as an infant.

The late Roy Hargraves was my brother.

d.w.

• 3 years later...
Roy Hargraves - anti-Castro fighter, closely associated with Gerry Hemming and Felipe Vidal Santiago, member of Interpen, veteran of many missions into Cuba with Vidal. Expert in explosives and IMO was the Umbrella Man on Elm.

James

Then how come he's not shown in "Familiar Faces in Dealey Plaza (2)" James?

I think he was umbrella man too, FWIW.

I also think Orlando Bosch was DCM. If you agree then I wonder why he isn't included in FFiDP as well.

Myra,

I don't believe that Bosch was DCM.

If Hargraves was TUM then it stands to reason that Felipe Vidal Santiago was DCM. I think that potential identification is stronger than the possibility of Hargraves. Again, just my opinion.

I didn't include them in the 'Familiar Faces' as at the time I was working on some new information and held off.

James

Edited by James Richards

Don,

WOW! What a fascinating story!! The last sentence gave me chills.

I join the others in a very belated welcoming to you(3 yrs), and I, too, look forward to reading your posts.,( whenever they come.)

Kathy Beckett

Hi Kathy.

Might want to check the date.

For anyone's information, I have heard that the family name may have originally been 'Ming.' Roy went on to marry his girlfriend Betty, whom I believe also had some interesting family relationships herself. I can't seem to find her full name anywhere.

From Weberman...

http://www.ajweberman.com/nodules2/nodulec9.htm

ROY HARGRAVES was HEMMING'S primary action agent. HARGRAVES (CIA SF #518 334) was born February 14, 1940, in St. Louis, Missouri. He was 5' 10" tall, 165 pounds, hazel eyes and brown hair. His father was a laborer. On May 16, 1957, HARGRAVES was charged with AWOL and escape at Lackland Air Force Base, Texas. He received a dishonorable discharge from the Air Force in 1958, after nine months of confinement in a military prison. HEMMING told this researcher: "He was charged with being AWOL and they were going to raise it to desertion. The Feds wanted to charge him with the Mann Act. HARGRAVES was trying to get his discharge cleared up in 1962. OSWALD would do the same a year later. There's some coincidence for you. People got the impression he was my enforcer and it made them nervous." On February 13, 1958, HARGRAVES was arrested for burglary in South Phoenix, Arizona. On May 5, 1958, he was charged with Grand Theft. His probation was revoked and he was sent to the Arizona State Penitentiary for two to three years. On May 23, 1958, the Board of Paroles and Pardons, Phoenix, Arizona, sentenced him to two to three years in prison. On December 12, 1959, he was "rel by expiration.' In June 1960 he was in Bossier City, Louisiana, and Benton, Louisiana, where he was arrested for investigation of burglary. On April 17, 1961, he was arrested for vagrancy in El Paso, Texas. By May 1961 he was back in Miami where he was arrested for vagrancy and shoplifting. HARGRAVES listed his occupation as "decorator." [NARA FBI 124-10031-10034]
ORIGINATOR : CIA

TO : MFR

TITLE : MFR RE: 518 - 334

DATE : 03/23/1971

PAGES : 1

DOCUMENT TYPE : PAPER - TEXTUAL DOCUMENT

SUBJECTS : HARGRAVES ROY; JFK ASSASSINATION

CLASSIFICATION :

RESTRICTIONS : OPEN IN FULL

CURRENT STATUS : OPEN

DATE OF LAST REVIEW : 05/24/2004

COMMENTS : JFK42 : F6 : 20040225-1048836 :

Who else listed their occupation as 'decorator' during this time - I can't remember...

- lee

• 3 years later...

and NODULE X27

ROY EMORY HARGRAVES in Cuban affairs can be found in cases captioned 'ROY HARGRAVES

HARGRAVES has been described as a 'bomber.' i.e. HARGRAVES engaged in such activities as knocking on doors and throwing a hand grenade inside when the door was opened.

HARGRAVES is a mercenary, adventurer and soldier of fortune. In 1963 HARGRAVES was 23 years old, 5' 10", 165 pounds, brown hair, hazel eyes.

From November 1963, through March 1964 HARGRAVES was closely associated with and worked for Felipe Vidal Santiago. HARGRAVES helped Felipe Vidal Santiago to obtain arms, ammunition and a boat. He transported the boat and military equipment between Miami and the Florida Keys. When HARGRAVES was stopped by US Customs agents, Felipe Vidal Santiago clandestinely left the United States and infiltrated Cuba. Felipe Vidal Santiago was captured and executed by a firing squad in Cuba in April 1964."

[FBI 62-109060-4450]

ROY, according to Art Silva, had several telescopic sight rifles, grenades, mortars, dynamite etc. in his room. Also ROY had made a trip to Dallas, Texas, in late 1963 and was reported by Art Silva to have Secret Service credentials.

ROY was also associated with various Cuban resistance movements and was an ex-Marine. William Blanton Acker notes that instant article he read says a policeman stopped a man in Dallas who showed Secret Service credentials.

Acker says at a Christmas party in 1963 he was arguing with ROY and almost came to blows as ROY blamed former President Kennedy personally for the death of one of his close friends who was in the invasion at the Bay of Pigs.

Acker says that in late 1963 he met Art Silva in an open air sandwich shop in Miami to have a beer and Art Silva talked of his next door neighbor ROY and said ROY was working with the Cubans and would help William Blanton Acker get into the movement if he wanted to help out in winning back Cuba from Castro.

Art Silva also said, 'Somebody is going to die. Somebody who hasn't hurt anybody. He doesn't know it but he is going to die.' Acker says he asked Art ,'Who?' and Art Silva said he couldn't say. Art Silva also said "ROY is in something big, the biggest thing this country has seen.'

HEMMING 1994: It was not ROY HARGRAVES [behind the fence on the knoll]. The kid was pissed off with his dad at the time. He was a pudjoe, and looked nothing like his father. He used to hang around to hear war stories.

hargraves1.jpg

and NODULE X27

ROY EMORY HARGRAVES in Cuban affairs can be found in cases captioned 'ROY HARGRAVES

HARGRAVES has been described as a 'bomber.' i.e. HARGRAVES engaged in such activities as knocking on doors and throwing a hand grenade inside when the door was opened.

HARGRAVES is a mercenary, adventurer and soldier of fortune. In 1963 HARGRAVES was 23 years old, 5' 10", 165 pounds, brown hair, hazel eyes.

From November 1963, through March 1964 HARGRAVES was closely associated with and worked for Felipe Vidal Santiago. HARGRAVES helped Felipe Vidal Santiago to obtain arms, ammunition and a boat. He transported the boat and military equipment between Miami and the Florida Keys. When HARGRAVES was stopped by US Customs agents, Felipe Vidal Santiago clandestinely left the United States and infiltrated Cuba. Felipe Vidal Santiago was captured and executed by a firing squad in Cuba in April 1964."

[FBI 62-109060-4450]

ROY, according to Art Silva, had several telescopic sight rifles, grenades, mortars, dynamite etc. in his room. Also ROY had made a trip to Dallas, Texas, in late 1963 and was reported by Art Silva to have Secret Service credentials.

ROY was also associated with various Cuban resistance movements and was an ex-Marine. William Blanton Acker notes that instant article he read says a policeman stopped a man in Dallas who showed Secret Service credentials.

Acker says at a Christmas party in 1963 he was arguing with ROY and almost came to blows as ROY blamed former President Kennedy personally for the death of one of his close friends who was in the invasion at the Bay of Pigs.

Acker says that in late 1963 he met Art Silva in an open air sandwich shop in Miami to have a beer and Art Silva talked of his next door neighbor ROY and said ROY was working with the Cubans and would help William Blanton Acker get into the movement if he wanted to help out in winning back Cuba from Castro.

Art Silva also said, 'Somebody is going to die. Somebody who hasn't hurt anybody. He doesn't know it but he is going to die.' Acker says he asked Art ,'Who?' and Art Silva said he couldn't say. Art Silva also said "ROY is in something big, the biggest thing this country has seen.'

HEMMING 1994: It was not ROY HARGRAVES [behind the fence on the knoll]. The kid was pissed off with his dad at the time. He was a pudjoe, and looked nothing like his father. He used to hang around to hear war stories.

hargraves1.jpg

IMHO, this deserves a bump. :)

IMHO, this deserves a bump. :)

Thanks Thomas -- Here is a little more info on Hargraves:

Noel Twyman, the author of Bloody Treason, did an interview with Roy Hargraves. It can be found in Larry Hancock's great book Someone Would Have Talked. You can read it at Amazon by using the 'Look Inside' feature. A summary of the interview can be found in the Bloody Treason eBook.

Here are a couple highlights:

Bloody Treason eBook Appendix D

SUBJECT: Noel Twyman Meeting with Roy Hargraves

DATE: February 10, 2001

Roy now admits that he went from Miami to Dallas with Vidal on November 18, 1963 and returned to Miami on the afternoon/evening of November 22. They flew by private jet both ways. There were others, unnamed with them on the plane. Roy would not reveal who provided the plane. Roy would not say what he did in Dallas, or who he met there. Roy said that he did not shoot JFK, didn’t even know that JFK was to be in Dallas.

At the end of the meeting when we were looking at photos of Dealey Plaza from Groden’s book of photos, Roy reiterated that Vidal was the man on Elm Street with the walkie-talkie. I asked Roy if he was speculating on this. He said no, he was not speculating. He said compare Roy’s photo to the Saturday Evening Post photos. He explained that Vidal did not know what was coming down and was following specific instructions to do exactly specific things, thus explaining Vidal’s arms being raised up.

Roy said “Black Dog Man” was there to signal the bomber (to blow up the car on the other side of the underpass.)

Roy said it was Colonel William Bishop who ordered Vidal to come to Dallas at that time and that it was under Vidal’s instructions that Roy come along.

Roy said later that if he met the torturer General Escalante he would kill him on the spot for what he did to Vidal.

CIA File - Hemming and Hargraves

ROY TRIVIA: has Tattoo on right arm that reads "Death before Dishonor"

post-6350-072370700 1304637591_thumb.jpg

So-Called mercenaries in 1962, part of a group allegedly sponsored by US Intelligence at No Name Key in Florida for the purpose of overthrowing Castro’s Cuba or assassinating Castro

1 – Steve Wilson

2 – Roy Hargraves

3 – Lawrence Howard

4 – Little Joe Cavendish Garman

5 – William Seymour

6 – Bill Dempsey

7 – The Leader, Gerry Hemming

8 – Ronald Ponce de Leon

Zach

Edited by Zach Robertson

It also should be noted that most deniable projects which were never "ordered" or "directed" could still be documented and given a Crypt. Vest Pocket Ops were never registered in the CIA Crypt system so they were never sanctioned. Those Ops would be covered by soft files only; they are soft because they never make it into the system.

Although we have no idea what they really were, both Hargraves and Lee Harvey Oswald had "soft" files - possibly a few documents sitting in an officers' desk and definitely not circulating throughout the system.

Zach

Edited by Zach Robertson

• 3 months later...

So-Called mercenaries in 1962, part of a group allegedly sponsored by US Intelligence at No Name Key in Florida for the purpose of overthrowing Castro’s Cuba or assassinating Castro

1 – Steve Wilson

2 – Roy Hargraves

3 – Lawrence Howard

4 – Little Joe Cavendish Garman

5 – William Seymour

6 – Bill Dempsey

7 – The Leader, Gerry Hemming

8 – Ronald Ponce de Leon

Here is a larger version of the above image. It was Jim Garrison, district attorney of New Orleans, who first investigated these men and their possible connection to the JFK assassination.

Interpen.jpg

Zach

hi zach; here is another comp done by james richards, you may be interested in..if not in your files, looking for the copy of original you posted but of course, never where you look.thanks for the information...and one of hargraves under arrest...and faces in dealey also..take care .b

Edited by Bernice Moore