The Education Forum

Vincent Bugliosi weighs in on JFK assassination

BIGGEST BOOK YET ON JFK'S KILLING

By CINDY ADAMS

New York Post

February 2, 2007 -- PROSECUTOR on the Charles Man son murder trial, Vincent Bugliosi, a name from headlines past, was DA in L.A. eight years. He also wrote award-winning crime books like "Helter Skelter," "Till Death Do Us Part" and "Outrage: The Five Reasons Why O.J. Simpson Got Away With Murder." He's at it again.

Not prosecuting. Writing.

Bugliosi's just written a 1,600-page, 1,500,000-word book. The thing's larger than most coffee tables. Start it in junior high, you'll finish as a senior citizen. The title: "Reclaiming History: The Assassination of President John F. Kennedy."

So, why? He's setting the record straight forever and always. The man takes apart every single theory ever perpetrated. He follows the Oswald line, Ruby line, conspiracy line, every line ever even sniffed at. Following each to its nth degree with every twist around every corner behind every tree down every alley inside every crevice, he's five years late delivering the manuscript.

This book's like a train hurtling through a tunnel because his ultimate conclusion? The final revelation? There ain't no revelation. It was what it was. It wasn't more than it was. A nut killed the president of the United States, and that's it, period.

Bugliosi originally wanted this in separate volumes but that was - pardon the expression - shot down because readers usually buy only one. While no human alive will stick through to the end, it'll sell to every library, archive, historical society, etc. Publisher Random House, price $50, pub. date May 19.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By CINDY ADAMS

New York Post

February 2, 2007 -- PROSECUTOR on the Charles Man son murder trial, Vincent Bugliosi, a name from headlines past, was DA in L.A. eight years. He also wrote award-winning crime books like "Helter Skelter," "Till Death Do Us Part" and "Outrage: The Five Reasons Why O.J. Simpson Got Away With Murder." He's at it again.

Bugliosi's just written a 1,600-page, 1,500,000-word book. The thing's larger than most coffee tables. Start it in junior high, you'll finish as a senior citizen. The title: "Reclaiming History: The Assassination of President John F. Kennedy."

So, why? He's setting the record straight forever and always. The man takes apart every single theory ever perpetrated. He follows the Oswald line, Ruby line, conspiracy line, every line ever even sniffed at. Following each to its nth degree with every twist around every corner behind every tree down every alley inside every crevice, he's five years late delivering the manuscript.

This book's like a train hurtling through a tunnel because his ultimate conclusion? The final revelation? There ain't no revelation. It was what it was. It wasn't more than it was. A nut killed the president of the United States, and that's it, period.

Bugliosi originally wanted this in separate volumes but that was - pardon the expression - shot down because readers usually buy only one. While no human alive will stick through to the end, it'll sell to every library, archive, historical society, etc. Publisher Random House, price $50, pub. date May 19.

So, yet another LHO- did- it book from the former DA. Ho -hum.

Dawn

Don't move that back wound, Vince. And don't tell us that all those folks at Parkland and Bethesda were wrong about a large exit wound in the back of the head.

So, yet another LHO- did- it book from the former DA. Ho -hum.

Perhaps so Dawn....but I'm actually looking forward to its release. The major media will no doubt play it up big, and Bugliosi will certainly be appearing frequently to promote it. Maybe it will rekindle an interest in a subject that is unfortunately moribund. Certainly in the interest of a semblance of fairness, some major researchers that dispute his findings will have an opportunity to appear on the networks as well.

I guess we will have to wait and see if that happens.

Thanks to Doug Caddy for the heads up and for the other important timely news he often posts.

By CINDY ADAMS

New York Post

Think Bugliosi is hoping, Mark Lane is asleep?

By CINDY ADAMS

New York Post

I sure wonder when and why he went to the dark side. I actually admired him after None Dare Call it Treason. I bought at least 60 copies and gave them away, no joke, including sending one to each member of the Supreme Injustices, and most Dem members of congress (I think Ted Kennedy was the only one to send a thank you note).

I wonder which book is the aberration--the Posneresque JFK book or the Supreme Court smackdown.

Also, Bugliosi was actually an attorney in a case related to Senator Bobby Kennedy's murder, and he was on the correct side. (I'm not referring to his TV mock "trial" of LHO.) It was described in "The Assassination of Robert F. Kennedy"

http://www.amazon.com/Assassination-Robert...4930282-0043924

'Setting the record straight forever and always..', 'reclaiming history' - Bugliosi's book is meant to be a 5000lb gorilla ready to be dropped on the heads of anyone that questions the official story, and a meaty-looking 'rebuttal' (however suspect the content) built to physically tower over all the recent quality assassination books that have come out from more well-intentioned (i.e sane, accurate and critical of the official story) researchers. I can see the approving mainstream TV pieces and copious fawning Amazon reviews already. What a load of rubbish - think a major TV mini-series based on it will be in the works before we know it?

This should be the biggest pro-official story push we'll see until the next one, the 50th anniversary in 2013.

By CINDY ADAMS

New York Post

Geeze, Now I'm begining to doubt if Charlie Manson is guilty, and maybe the Supreme Court didn't get the election ruling wrong after all.

Of course the Bug knows that a prosecutor is suppose to keep an open mind, not speculate about theories, and follow the evidence from the scene of the crime, where ever it goes, but alas, Random House - ha, now that makes sense.

It's not five years overdue. Bugliosi got a piece of the $5 mil five year deals like Posner, Mailer and others were handed out - most through Random House when Harold Evans was the main publisher. A former London Sunday Times editor with Ian Fleming, Evans helped expose Philby as a KGB agent, but when it comes to Oswald, they put the blinders on.

Writing, not prosecuting is right.

"To have a conspiracy, it is not necessary that the conspirators enter into any formal agreement. All that is necessary is that there be a meeting of the minds; and that they be working together towards a common goal."

- Vincent Bugliosi Summation at Manson Trial. This is a pretty good read, with Manson's interspersed commentary quite telling and humerous. I now believe there is more to the so-called Mason murders, and that he and the family were probably part of a MKULTRA op gone berserk.

If Bugliosi's "vicarious liability rule" used to convict Manson is applied to the Kennedy assassination, Ruth and Michael Paine were just as guility as Oswald, if in fact Oswald was the assassin.

BK

In collecting various books over the last year on the JFK assassination, the CIA, deep politics and related conspiracy theories, I've seen a number of the broader discussions reference Manson. Peter Levenda's magnificent, overwhelming, startling, head-scratching and ever so slightly bonkers 3 volume opus SINISTER FORCES digs into the issue of Manson and the CIA/MK-ULTRA/covert ops issue quite deeply, even to the extent of naming his final wrapping-it-all-up volume of the three THE MANSON SECRET. (Levenda is an excellent writer, outstanding researcher, and just ever so slightly nutty in the breadth of what he's chosen to cover in those books - I can't comment too deeply as I haven't finished the first one yet and have only dipped in to the other two - but there's a substantial piece on the JFK assassination in one that I'll have to discuss here once I'm more clued up and have read the thing. Levenda, just like John Judge, also dives into the Jonestown/CIA issue as well). Back on topic to Manson, I remember a pithy Mae Brussell comment in an old interview transcript where she queries where Manson was getting all the money to run his protected out-in-the-desert compound, and another more recent online blog referencing a news article discussing how a certain cop had come forward at one point and noted that certain powerful authority figures 'higher up' than his police department had essentially ordered Manson to be left alone, rather than being nabbed for one of the numerous drugged-up teenage girl abduction/rape dramas that played out a lot at his locale. The idea was that 'something big' was coming and Manson was to be left alone. After relaying all of the above to a friend here in Melbourne, he succinctly noted, "Well, Manson did eventually kill the hippie movement..."

I'd love to see a 1500 page, 5-year researched decent coffee table book that pushed the whole Cuban Exile/JMWAVE/CIA-did-it thesis in a well-written and well-illustrated manner, but maybe we can't expect this sort of thing from an establishment journo.

This is so ridiculously obvious a question, that I am reluctant to post it to this forum.......But I will !

How am I to believe that an individual, who had pronounced two decades ago, that he believed "the results" of the Warren Commission Report, would embark on "impartial" investigation, of his already deeply held and very publicly announced pre-conclusion.

He had Titled the book prior to writing it.

This is more like something that I would have expected from the "old Soviet Union"!

Does ANYONE truly believe that this man can provide the answers to the questions which this forum alone can present?

I believe very strongly in capitalism and I seldom criticize even its "exploitation" !

However "prosecutor" Bugliosi embarking on this, I feel, is very nearly a sacrilege to a man of his previously deserving stature in relation to the law.

When a man of his stature is "publicly announcing" that he , a man of the law, began with a preformed conclusion and worked for nearly two decades to "PROVE THAT PREFORMED CONCLUSION" greatly deflates his "stature" in my opinion.

But Vince is getting older.....and MONEY MATTERS !

Charlie Black

Edited by Charles Black

.....Peter Levenda's magnificent, overwhelming, startling, head-scratching and ever so slightly bonkers 3 volume opus SINISTER FORCES digs into the issue of Manson and the CIA/MK-ULTRA/covert ops issue quite deeply, even to the extent of naming his final wrapping-it-all-up volume of the three THE MANSON SECRET. (Levenda is an excellent writer, outstanding researcher, and just ever so slightly nutty in the breadth of what he's chosen to cover in those books....

Anthony, I think that's a great summation of Levenda and his trilogy, Sinister Forces.

I think VB is basically re-writing Case Closed, minus some of Posner's bigger distortions. On the face, one can make a good case for Oswald and Ruby being dual lone-nuts. But, when one looks at the medical, ballistic, eyewitness, and earwitness evidence one runs into some serious problems. I suspect Bugliosi ran into these problems a few years back, and has spent the last few years finding ways to argue around them. As a result, I suspect he'll pull a Fuhrman...he'll tell us the WC botched a couple of its conclusions, but never fear Oswald dood it. Hopefully, some CTs will be given the chance to respond. But I have a mighty queasy feeling in my stomach. The mainstream media just LOVES ole Vince.

- Vincent Bugliosi Summation at Manson Trial. This is a pretty good read, with Manson's interspersed commentary quite telling and humerous. I now believe there is more to the so-called Mason murders, and that he and the family were probably part of a MKULTRA op gone berserk.

BK

I have been thinking this for a while now. Didn't Squeaky Fromme, supposed follower of Manson, pretend to try to shoot Ford? Of course there was no bullet in the chamber and she seemed to know it, which only makes it more interesting...

http://www.10zenmonkeys.com/2007/01/02/the...ot-gerald-ford/

I think Manson and his klan warrant more scrutiny as a possible MKUltra project. They were trained to kill, that seems clear. But the potential motive of discrediting the hippie/liberal movement--mentioned in this thread--is sure interesting.

BK

I have been thinking this for a while now. Didn't Squeaky Fromme, supposed follower of Manson, pretend to try to shoot Ford? Of course there was no bullet in the chamber and she seemed to know it, which only makes it more interesting...

http://www.10zenmonkeys.com/2007/01/02/the...ot-gerald-ford/

I think Manson and his klan warrant more scrutiny as a possible MKUltra project. They were trained to kill, that seems clear. But the potential motive of discrediting the hippie/liberal movement--mentioned in this thread--is sure interesting.

Ok, found this on a website. Again, sure is interesting.

http://www.justiceforjeremiah.com/html/tavistock.html

This is a short segment of a looong article. I'm unfamiliar with the site though, so I can't vouch for its credibility. The bold text was added by me.

"Manchuria in California?

As Carol Greene has demonstrated in her 1992 book Morder aus der Retorte: Der Fall Charles Manson, (Test-Tube Murder: The Case of Charles Manson) Charles Manson, before he committed mass murder, was himself an NIMH “research subject.’’ Manson was released from a California prison in March 1967. He was required by law to report regularly to a parole officer named Roger Smith, who was based at the Haight-Ashbury Medical Clinic in San Francisco. This was an NIMH project designed to observe and in effect supervise the first large-scale drug addiction of white teenagers, thousands of whom were the clinic’s clients. Clinic director David E. Smith was also the publisher of the Journal of Psychedelic Drugs, and a leading national advocate for the legalized use of narcotics. Within the clinic arrangement, Charles Manson’s parole officer was officially commissioned to scientifically investigate the effects that various kinds drugs had on addicts served by the NIMH clinic. David Smith also collaborated with another NIMH project: a behavioral study of children in communes. He was an expert on the breeding of violent anti-social characters in the mind-crushing environment of the hippie or cult commune.

Parole officer Roger Smith remained on Manson’s case after he was no longer his parole officer, as an adviser and observer of the increasingly insane man. Charles Manson took up with a British-origin satanic killer cult called The Process--Church of the Final Judgment, a spin-off from Scientology. When he started with The Process is not clear, but there are some reports that it was in that summer of 1967. Its British founders had put the U.S. headquarters of the cult into the Haight-Ashbury section, two blocks from where Manson was living, and they recruited from among the “flower children’’ for the jobs of drug-running, assassination, and race riots.

David Berkowitz, convicted in the New York “Son of Sam’’ serial murders, was an initiate of The Process. Manson is most widely known for his communal Family, which carried out the satanic Tate-LaBianca murders. But here we note that Lynette “Squeaky’’ Fromme, who became the head of the Family after Manson was arrested in October 1969, was herself imprisoned for the 1975 attempted assassination of U.S. President Gerald Ford. Another associate of the Manson Family, Sarah Jane Moore, was also imprisoned for a failed assassination attempt on President Ford. Had either been successful, Nelson Rockefeller would have become President.

There is a certain psychiatric agency, the American Family Foundation, which exists officially to guard the public from injurious cults. AFF is the mother organization for the so-called Cult Awareness Network (CAN). Dr. Louis Jolyon West is a director of AFF. An expert in brainwashing for the Air Force and the CIA, West first achieved fame from his MK-Ultra feat--he injected LSD-25 into an elephant and killed it. West researched “the psychology of dissociated states’’ for the CIA, using LSD and hypnosis. His friend Aldous Huxley suggested to Dr. West during an MK-Ultra experiment that West hypnotize his subjects prior to administering LSD, in order to give them “post-hypnotic suggestions aimed at orienting the drug-induced experience in some desired direction.’’

Dr. West was called upon by the government to examine Jack Ruby, who had killed Lee Harvey Oswald before Oswald could stand trial for his alleged role in the assassination of President John Kennedy. West declared Ruby to be in a “paranoid state manifested by delusions, visual and auditory hallucinations, and suicidal impulses.’’ Ruby was convicted in 1964, but conveniently died in 1967 while awaiting what could have been a revealing re- trial.

Dr. West lived in Haight-Ashbury during the summer of 1967, to study the hippies. In the 1970s, West became famous again for his plans to create a Center for the Study and Reduction of Violence. Its staff was to investigate the genetics and biochemistry of their prisoners, including “hyperkinetic children,’’ whose every motion would be electronically monitored by Orwellian guards. Though backed by Gov. Ronald Reagan, the plan was defeated.

Rabbi Maurice Davis is another “expert’’ guarding America from cults as a director of the American Family Foundation. Davis worked at the NIMH Lexington Addiction Research Center as a chaplain, serving the slave victims of the MK-Ultra drug experiments as they were brought into cult participation. Rabbi Davis then moved to Indianapolis and sponsored the career of Rev. Jim Jones, whose followers were murdered with poisoned Kool-Aid in Guyana.

The bulk of the start-up financing for the American Family Foundation was channelled through a New York law firm running two funding satellites of the Josiah Macy, Jr. Foundation. The same law firm was the legal representative of The Process--Church of the Final Judgment.

The Process Church employs neo-Nazi themes, as do other British-origin movements such as the Satanists associated with California’s Anton Lavey and Col. Michael Aquino. Charles Manson’s swastika tatoo attests to this. Many of the psychotic potential presidential assassins have been “neo-Nazis.’’ These include Ronald Reagan’s deeply brainwashed assailant John Hinckley, and some of those who have threatened President Clinton.

To help turn up the possible source for this curious zombie pattern, we review the case of NIMH leader Seymour Kety--as of recent report the chairman of the Professional Advisory Section of the Scottish Rite Masons’ Schizophrenia Research program. This is the Dr. Kety who, with his NIMH predecessor Dr. Felix, helped shape the programs that made Charles Manson a satanic beast. A Scottish Rite brochure reports on the meetings of the Rite’s Grand Commander and Supreme Council with their psychiatrists to plan for the future. The brochure explains that Dr. Kety “can trace his interest in the genetics of schizophrenia to a report by Dr. Franz Kallmann at one of these meetings years ago. Dr. Kety’s own genetic studies have become landmarks in the field, as the first convincing demonstration of an inherited factor.’’ Not the first, perhaps, because Kallmann provided Adolf Hitler with “convincing’’ pretexts to exterminate mental patients."

Was Sarah Jane Moore really associated with Manson like Fromme was???

Test-Tube Murder: The Case of Charles Manson eh? Wonder if there's an English version.