Jump to content
The Education Forum

Glen Sample

  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About Glen Sample

  • Rank

Recent Profile Visitors

6,475 profile views
  1. James, No mention of John Sawtooth was made by Loy. It appears to me they were in vastly different leagues.... Glen
  2. I have decided to review Vincent Bugliosi's book "Reclaiming History" in reference to the comments and criticism he makes towards "The Men on the Sixth Floor" Please feel free to follow the following link to Amazon and comment on the article or even vote on it. I also welcome your input on this forum. Thanks, Glen Sample http://www.amazon.com/gp/community-content...mp;x=6&y=11 Six mistakes Bugliosi makes regarding my book. April 13, 2009 A response By Glen Sample to Vincent Bugliosi's critique of "The Men on the Sixth Floor" contained in his Book "Reclaiming History." Vincent Bugliosi's "Reclaiming History", a five pound monster of a book, is thought by many to be the nail in the coffin of conspiracy theorists. Indeed, his experience as a prosecutor has served him well in his response to some of the silly JFK assassination theories that have been forwarded over the decades. Like shooting fish in a barrel, Bugliosi takes them all on, dismissing them one after another. For this I applaud him. I have a few problems, however, with the way he has described my research. Let me explain. I am the author of "The Men on the Sixth Floor", a book that Mr. Bugliosi describes as a "pathetic story" that no rational person would believe. Lets see. The second paragraph contains the first annoying problem. He misnames my main character. He calls Loy Factor "Lawrence Lloyd Factor, a Chickasaw Indian from Fillmore, Oklahoma. Actually, Lawrence Loy Factor was his name. Now, this may seem a small point, but it was definitely a red flag for me, because after all, this is supposed to be the last word in the JFK case; the crushing blow to "conspiracy buffs" the world over. Lets not start the process by misnaming the story's main character. The second bone I have to pick with Mr. Bugliosi is the liberty he takes in explaining the details of our book. For example in the same paragraph as the misnamed Loy Factor occurs, he says that Factor, for "some undisclosed reason" decided to tell his cellmate, Mark Collom, the "Whopper" of a story about his participation with the assassins of JFK. Actually, the reason was disclosed. Mark and Loy were both quarantined for a period of many weeks together in the prison hospital. Their friendship grew, and thus Loy's trust in Mark allowed him to disclose this secret that previously had only been revealed to Loy's deceased wife. Mark helped Loy by reading his trial transcripts and helping Loy with his case. Decades later, when Mark and I found Loy in rural Oklahoma, it was obvious that a bond still existed between the two men. Bugliosi strives to give the impression, that Factor was spinning this tale to anyone who would listen, when the opposite is true. Factor told no one else this story. Twenty years later, when Mark and I eventually found and interviewed him, he was afraid to talk and even refused further interviews. It was only through our patience, gentle coaxing and Loy's trust in his old friend, that he agreed to talk further. Thirdly, a description of Loy Factor's initial introduction to Mac Wallace lacks integrity and is a thinly disguised arrogant barb, designed to malign Loy and his story. Mr. Bugliosi describes wrongly that Wallace approached Factor at the funeral of U.S. Senator Sam Rayburn's funeral and "asked about Loy's ability as a marksman." Factor, he says, responds by saying "it was right good." That is not what happened. Wallace introduced himself to Factor and the two men conversed for some time, until finally President Kennedy arrived by limousine. It was then that Loy made the observation that the president lacked security. Then the conversation turned to Loy's interest in guns and hunting. It was Loy who broached the subject of his ability as a marksman, not Mac Wallace. And Loy never responded by saying it was "right good." Bugliosi then takes his fourth punch with a rather silly observation. In our acknowledgements, Mark and I express our thanks to the many researchers, writers and witnesses who have helped us along the way. We also thank our wives, who, as one can imagine, were inconvenienced by our long ordeal of travel, research, interviews, time and expense etc. in compiling the information for our story. "They not only allowed us our fantasy, but they encouraged it", is what we wrote. Mr. Bugliosi describes this as a "Freudian slip", saying that the statement actually meant that the authors didn't believe what they themselves were writing. I can assure you that the authors did believe their story. Hundreds of e-mails and letters from all over the world have voiced the same sentiment from others also. Actually "Reclaiming History" quotes Robin Ramsay's ("Who Shot JFK?) statement that the authors (Sample & Collom) have "solved the case". The fifth misrepresentation that Mr. Bugliosi makes is concerning the murder trial of Mac Wallace in 1952. He writes: (quote) "In 1952, he (Wallace) was convicted in Austin, Texas, of murdering a golf pro, John Douglas Kinser, who had been having an affair with Wallace's estranged wife. He received a five-year suspended prison sentence. The authors see the dark hand of LBJ in the very light sentence, since Wallace's lawyer, John Cofer, was one of LBJ's main lawyers in his successful post-election legal battle for the U.S Senate against former governor Coke Stevenson in 1948. How Cofer would have the power to bring about Wallace's light sentence, the authors don't say. In a 1986 interview with the Dallas Times Herald, D. L. Johnson, one of the jurors in the Kinser case, said that he was the only juror who favored an outright acquittal for Kinser and that he forced the guilty-with-a-suspended-sentence verdict by threatening to cause a hung jury if he didn't get his way." (end quote) While most of the above quote is true, Bugliosi asserts that our "seeing the dark hand of LBJ" is a strange assumption on our part! Attorney Cofer was one of many players in this trial, tightly manipulated by Lyndon Johnson and his Texas connections. Bugliosi neglects to tell his readers that D.L. Johnson was the first cousin and good friend of Gus Lanier, who during the trial sat at the defense table of Wallace and his main lawyers. (Who also included another LBJ friend - Polk Shelton) He also leaves out an important snippet from an intelligence file included in our book: (quote from "The Men on the Sixth Floor") "And apparently the Johnson influence went even deeper. In Wallace's Naval intelligence file, supplied to us, (dated 20 July, 1961) Johnson is alluded to as bribing Bob Long, the prosecuting attorney in the case. The following quote is from page 4 of the 19 page file, paragraph 10. The SUBJECT referred to is Malcolm Wallace: "Billy Roy WILDER and Richard C. AVENT, both assistant district attorneys who assisted in the procurement of SUBJECT's file, added their comments concerning rumors which persisted at the time of SUBJECT's trial. WILDER alleged that Bob LONG, former district Attorney, was reported to have been the recipient of valuable property in the city of Austin as a result of his suppression of certain aspects involving political ramifications." (end quote) Also William Barrett, the famous newspaper writer from Dallas, was convinced of LBJ's involvement in the Wallace murder trial. We report on this in our book: (Quote from "The Men on the Sixth Floor") I was able to contact Mr. Barrett when I returned from Dallas. He confirmed the above information, and told me without hesitation that in his own mind, he is absolutely sure, beyond doubt, that Malcolm Wallace had the help of Lyndon Johnson in his legal battle. Much later, we found The Texas Observer article (Nov. 7, 1986) by Bill Adler, which added further support to a "fixed" jury in the Wallace case: "Not long after the trial, several of the jurors telephoned Doug Kinser's parents to apologize for voting for a suspended sentence, but said they did so only because threats had been made against their families, according to Al Kinser, a nephew of Kinser's who along with his father, still runs the Pitch and Putt golf course." (end quote) Mr. Bugliosi implies that anyone "seeing the dark hand of LBJ" in the murder trial of Mac Wallace is irrational. I disagree. In fact, the "dark hand of LBJ" can be seen in another murder - that of Henry Marshall. And that was the sixth mistake that Mr. Bugliosi makes in reference to our book - that there is no credible evidence that Malcolm Wallace murdered Henry Marshall. But there is ample reason to believe that Wallace was the murderer. One very strong reason is found in chapter 13 in our book - The Estes Documents. Although Mr. Bugliosi valiantly tries to discredit the source of these letters to and from the U. S. Justice Department and Billie Sol Estes, the fact remains that in 1984 Billie Sol Estes names Malcolm Wallace as the killer. But prior to these letters, Estes appeared before a Robertson County Texas grand jury and testified under oath to the same thing. Below is a news story of the confession that Mr.Bugliosi for some reason left out: (quote) By David Hanners Staff writer of The News. Franklin, Texas - "Convicted swindler Billie Sol Estes told a grand jury that Lyndon B. Johnson was one of four men who planned the 1961 murder of an agriculture official, three sources close to the grand jury said Thursday. The sources said Estes testified that the group feared the official would link Estes' illegal activities to Johnson. Estes, who was given immunity from prosecution to testify before a Robertson County grand jury Tuesday, told grand jurors that Johnson felt pressure to silence Henry Harvey Marshall of Bryan, a regional U.S.... Department of Agriculture official in charge of the federal cotton allotment program, sources said.... The sources, who asked to remain anonymous because grand jury testimony is secret under state law, said Estes testified that he had attended at least three meetings with Johnson - two in Washington and one at the Driskill Hotel in Austin - during which they discussed the need to stop Marshall from disclosing Estes' fraudulent business dealings and his ties with Johnson. Estes testified that he later balked at the idea of killing Marshall, according to sources. Marshall had resisted attempts to transfer him from Bryan to Agriculture Department headquarters in Washington in order to silence him. Sources said Estes' testimony implicated: Johnson, who had just been elected vice president. Estes and his family have repeatedly said that Estes was a political ally of LBJ, and that Estes made repeated campaign contributions to LBJ's campaigns. Johnson assumed the presidency on the death of John F. Kennedy, on Nov. 22, 1963. He was elected in 1964 to a full term, but chose in 1968 not to seek re-election. He died at his ranch in Stonewall, Texas, on Jan. 22, 1973. Clifton C. Carter, a close Johnson political aide and troubleshooter who later served as Executive Director and Treasurer of the Democratic National Committee. Carter died of natural causes in Arlington (Va.) Hospital Sept. 21, 1971. Malcolm Everett (Mac) Wallace, the president of the 1945 student body at the University of Texas at Austin and a onetime U. S. Agriculture Department economist. Wallace, whom sources said Estes identified as Marshall's killer, previously had avoided a prison term on a 1952 murder conviction in Austin. Wallace died, sources said, in a Northeast Texas automobile accident in 1971. A relative found Marshall's body June 3, 1961, on his Robertson County ranch. He had been shot five times, and his bolt-action .22 caliber rifle was found nearby. (NOT a shotgun as Bugliosi states) His death originally was ruled a suicide by a local justice of the peace, but the ruling came into question a year later when news broke of Marshall's investigation of Estes' cotton allotments. U.S. Marshall Clint Peoples, who as a Texas Ranger captain began investigating the Murder in 1962, said Thursday that Marshall "was blowing the whistle" on Estes' scheme to defraud the government's cotton allotment program. Peoples, who persuaded Estes to testify before the grand jury Tuesday, refused to name the people whom Estes implicated in the conspiracy. "I asked him (Estes) why he didn't testify at the first grand jury in 1962, and he said if he had, he would have been a dead man," said John Paschall, the district attorney. Paschall said records from the 1962 grand jury revealed that Marshall approved 138 cotton allotments for Estes from Jan. 17 to June 3, 1961. But, Peoples said, "The facts are that Henry Marshall was told to approve them (Estes' cotton allotments)." Before 1961, Estes, a Pecos millionaire who had made much of his money through federally subsidized farm programs, had become a key Democratic power broker and fund-raiser for the campaigns of Johnson, Yarborough and then-Gov. John Connally. Less than a year later, Estes' multi-million dollar empire - built on non-existent grain storage elevators and cotton allotments he obtained fraudulently - collapsed. In March 1962, Estes was indicted on fraud charges. Two months later, U.S. Agriculture Secretary Orville Freeman said Marshall had been the only man who could provide some of the answers to questions about Estes' involvement in the cotton allotment program. Days later, a state district judge in Bryan authorized the exhumation of Marshall's body. An autopsy by Harris County Medical Examiner Joseph Jachimczyk revealed that Marshall suffered not only five gunshot wounds to his lower left abdomen but also carbon monoxide poisoning and a head injury. The bruise to Marshall's head occurred before his death, Jachimczyk said, and would have been incapacitating." Sybil Marshall, the wife of the slain Agriculture Department official, said Thursday, "I'm kind of shocked. I don't know what to think." Mrs. Marshall said her family always believed her husband had been murdered. "I can't believe he would do that to himself (commit suicide), she said. "He was a good man." Estes, despite two federal trials and subsequent prison terms in the following two decades, steadfastly had refused to discuss his relationship with Lyndon Johnson or the Marshall murder. Called to testify before a 1962 grand jury investigating Marshall's death, Estes repeatedly invoked his constitutional right against self-incrimination, according to press reports at the time. "Daddy's silence... allowed Lyndon Johnson to become president," Estes' daughter, Pam Estes, wrote in a book about her father titled BILLIE SOL, which was released last week. "During that time, Daddy had been supplying Lyndon Johnson with large infusions of cash, not only for his own political needs but for people Johnson himself chose to help. "Sometimes Johnson would send people like Ralph Yarborough directly to Daddy for fund-raising help. On other occasions, Johnson would get bundles of cash from Daddy and distribute it himself. Since those transactions were all cash, there is no reliable way of knowing how much money went to Johnson or what became of it. "Daddy has steadfastly refused to talk about that part of his life with anyone, even me," she wrote. Wallace, whom sources said Estes named as the triggerman in Marshall's murder, at one time had dated Johnson's sister, Josefa, according to a friend of the Johnson family who asked not to be identified. Johnson's sister died in 1961. However, Horace Busby, a close friend of Johnson's, said Johnson met Wallace only once, when Carter brought Wallace to Johnson's home in Washington. Wallace was convicted in 1952 of killing John Douglas Kinser of Austin. Testimony in that case revealed that Kinser had been having an affair with Wallace's wife. Wallace was sentenced to a five-year prison term, which was suspended. Wallace was represented in his 1952 trial by Austin criminal defense lawyer John Cofer, now deceased. Cofer, a longtime LBJ confidant, had represented Johnson in the Jim Wells County "Box 13" voter fraud case in 1948. Because of the slim edge of 87 votes he received from Box 13, Johnson won a runoff election against Coke Stevenson for the U.S. Senate. Cofer defended Estes in his 1962 fraud trial. Ms. Estes said in her book that Cofer was hired "at the insistence of Lyndon Johnson." Cofer rested Estes' case without calling any defense witnesses. "I feel that that was done to make sure there was no opportunity of implicating Lyndon Johnson during any testimony or cross examination," Ms. Estes wrote. "It should be clear by now that it was Lyndon Johnson who paved the way for the preferential treatment Daddy received from the Agriculture Department," she wrote..." (end quote) There is more evidence that Malcolm Wallace was the murderer of Henry Marshall, but space on this venue does not allow for it. These are six examples of how Vincent Bugliosi's "Reclaiming History" has distorted the facts of our book. It makes me wonder how many other distortions exist within his books pages. Glen Sample
  3. Robin, Yes thanks, that is exactly the one I was looking for! Thanks so much. Glen
  4. Hello all. Recently, somewhere on this forum, I saw a photograph of Lt. J. C. Day, pointing to the northwest corner of the TSBD where he says the Carcano was found. I have been unable to find it again. Does anyone know where this rare photograph can be found? I'm interested in what appears behind Lt. Day. A clear shot of the southwest corner of the TSBD, unobstructed by any stacks of books. At least that is what I Think it shows! Glen
  5. James, Sorry, I'm not familiar with that name. (but Roberson was the name of the county) Glen
  6. The following e-mail from "booger county" presents a new twist in the death of Henry Marshall. I wish Floyd Stephens was still among us. He was researching the involvement of his late father in the murder of Marshall. He would have loved this! I have done a little name redacting here. Quote: "To answer your questions here ... First of all, _______ personally told her story to her youngest sister (my mother), _______, around 1975 ... That's apparently how frightened she was for her own safety and that of her family ... to have waited so long to share it with anybody else. I knew her well --- and though she lacked a higher education, she was of average intelligence. However ... Robertson County is also called "Booger County" for a very good reason! It has a long-standing (and well-deserved) reputation for corruption of every sort imaginable ... and being a life-long resident there, ______ was very aware of the dangers and the risks involved for herself ... with very little to gain from it ... by speaking openly about it, or worse --- going to the so-called "authorities" there. But the details of it that she eventually shared with my mother -- which doesn't completely "jive" with the video documentary -- is that while she was out on her farm property that day -- she first witnessed a helicopter flying overhead, which circled around widely as though "searching" for someone, then she noticed that it landed (outside of her visual range), disappearing behind some trees which were situated between herself on the Rabe property and the Marshall property. Shortly thereafter, she heard several quick successive shots of gunfire, immediately followed by the departure of the helicopter. Ofcourse, she didn't fully realize what was going on with all that until Marshall's bullet-ridden body was later discovered by others ... in the same general vicinity of where she had witnessed the helicopter land behind the trees. I asked my mother this evening if she is certain that ______ told her that there was a helicopter involved in the actual murder ... and not a "search" helicopter used at some point later on to find Marshall's body. (Because quite frankly ... sometimes my mother gets details a little bit mixed up ... She is 77 years old now.) However, she is adament that ______ told her that she had noticed the helicopter first, followed by the gunshots, then the helicopter lifted up and departed. Which, upon reflection, explains how it happened that Henry Marshall was easily "located" out in a large foliage-laden stretch of property by the murderer(s) in the first place. I suppose that such transportation would not negate the hitman (fitting Wallace's description) from first driving into town and inquiring with a local gas station attendant regarding where the Marshall farm was located. Practically the entire county consists of farmland, so obviously he needed to locate the farm first ... and then go find Mr. Marshall out on it. So the quick use of a helicopter to thereafter effectively carry out the deed is plausible, in my view. And as far as I know, ______ did not mention whether she witnessed more than one person in the helicopter. She simply stated that there was a helicopter involved. She also did not mention the distance involved ... only that it happened within earshot, and that the trees obscured her view. To answer your question about Don Marshall ... I have never met him. But I'll wager that if you ask him whether he knew the Rabe family ... or even the old 'Moody's Cafe' in Franklin ... he will respond that he does. All close kin to me ... the Moodys, the Lewises, the Andersons, the James, the Davidsons, the Rabes --- both sides of my family (maternal and paternal) have lived in that area since the mid-1800's. And ofcourse ... several of them are buried in the same Franklin Cemetery where Mr. Marshall was laid to rest. I feel very badly for the Marshall family ... and cannot even imagine their pain and the high level of frustration they must have endured, and still do. Awful!"
  7. Francesca, Yes, I'm still out here..... I am not aware of any aliases used by Malcolm Everett Wallace. Just Mac. While we're at it, has anyone ever heard of Mac ever having a pilot's license, flying a plane or helicopter? I have an interesting story that the neighbor to Henry Marshall's "place" has related in connection with the day of his murder. Should I start a new thread on this? Glen Sample
  8. $100,000 will get you the window that D. H. Byrd had removed from the TSBD and displayed at his home. http://cgi.ebay.com/John-F-Kennedy-Assassi...1QQcmdZViewItem From the auction description: Up for auction for the first time, the actual window and frame from the shooter’s nest on the 6th floor of the Dallas Texas School Book Depository where Lee Harvey Oswald fired off those fatal shots that took the life of our 35th President of the United States - John F. Kennedy. Here is your opportunity to own a piece of history. This window and frame was on display for over ten years at the Sixth Floor Museum in Dallas, Texas. The window and frame has been picked up by it's owner Caruth Byrd and is now in his possession. This valuable historical artifact is now being offered for sale to an avid JFK collector by Caruth Byrd, whose family owned the Texas School Book Depository at the time of the assassination, Nov. 22, 1963. Also included in this auction is a leather booklet with all the official documentation and contracts related to the window and frame's authenticity. The assassination of John F. Kennedy changed history and this is perhaps the most famous window ever offered up for sale in the world. This authentic, documented piece of American history will only become more valuable with time. Don’t miss this opportunity to own a piece of history.
  9. I received two emails from Floyd Stephens last year and provided him with any information that I had that might help him in his research project. In response to my encouraging him to post in the forum what he had learned, he wrote that for the time being he wanted to proceed quietly without drawing too much attention to his endeavor. I respected his desire to do so. However, in light of his passing, I think it might be his wish that the contents of his two emails to me be posted now as a means of furthering research into a great historical event, JFK's assassination. These are reproduced below. Of course, there is no way of knowing what he learned subsequently to writing his emails that might have changed the content of these. ------------------------------------------ A couple of questions about Billie Sol, Jun 24 2006, 02:35 AM Mr. Caddy My name is Floyd Stephens and I am a new member of the forum. I have read your bio and wonder if you would be open to a couple of questions about your contact with Mr. Estes. I have seen your correspondence to the department of justice and their replies via the net , but how and when did you come to know and represent Mr. Estes. I guess what I am getting at is did you represent Mr. Estes at Franklin, were you at the 1984 grand jury hearing with him. Secondly, were you present for Mr. Estes' short lived meeting with the FBI agents. Is there any light you can shed as to his change of mind concerning that meeting. Do you still represent or keep in touch with Mr. Estes any more. I have talked to Glen Sample in California a couple of months ago, we had a real nice conversation and he has an amazing story. A puzzle he started piecing together that led him to Johnson by way of Mr. Estes via Malcolm Wallace via Loy Factor. This puzzle is still yet in complete, in talking with Glen I ask what's the next piece to which he responded find out about Mr. Estes' meeting with Marina Oswald Porter. In his recent book Mr. Estes writes of his meeting with Marina and he made a curious statement.... You see Marina knew both Jack Ruby And Malcolm Wallace, and I'll say no more than that. I attempted to bring this up to Mr. Carroll and seek his response through the Marina Oswald topic within this forum, but was immediately shot down in his usual holier than thou attitude. I did not think that this question was out of line, but he did. Do you have views to Mr. Estes' statement? I never paid that much attention to the assassination, until about two years ago right after my Fathers passing. Two days after his funeral his house was burnt and the next day the rest of the structures that were adjacent to his home were torched also. I was told that the house was burnt to destroy any old evidence my father may have had that would connect him or the sheriffs department to the death of Henry Marshall, say what! And then there's that strange suicide, the mortician had some concerns of foul play, but the authorities closed the case any way that very afternoon. And this time I'm not talking about Henry Marshall in 1961 , but rather one of the sheriffs departments main suspects in the above mentioned arson in 2004, some things never change when your form Booger County. I thank you in advance for any reply you may have, and wish only the best for you in your endeavors. Respectfully, Floyd Stephens Class of 1977, Franklin, Texas ---------------------- May our conversation continue?, Jun 25 2006, 01:21 AM Dear Mr. Caddy I was delighted to receive your response and look forward to anything that you can provide me with. About three months after my Fathers death I sought out and found Mr. Estes up in Grandbury. We talked of Franklin and Henry Marshall it seems he was also a little curious about what I know. Mr. Estes and I have talked on the phone about 7 or 8 times, in fact he called me last week while he was killing time up at Scott and White Hospital in Temple Texas. His wife was up there for a couple of days and his other daughter Cathy lives in Leander Texas about 8 miles from me. Mr. Estes said that he is still having a little trouble with his leg that he broke last year. I am going to visit him in Grandbury in a couple of weeks. He hasn't elaborated much on his discussion with Marina, but I am working on him. One of my old friends in Franklin told me of a visit that Mr. Estes paid to Sheriff Howard Stegall the morning of his first grand jury appearance in Robertson County back in 1962. He remembered the white caddies pulling up his Fathers driveway, it only took a minute or so before Howard ran them off, yelling don't you ever come back here again. I haven't related this story to Mr. Estes yet , but I plan to try to get his version of it. He has recently been discussing the Henry Marshall thing in much more detail speaking of my Father and the Sheriff as he knew or knew of them. I don't press him too hard, but yet I long to know what he knows. I first became aware of the Henry Marshall thing over twenty-five years ago when my Mother told me that my father was involved in a killing with some of his law enforcement buddies there in Franklin. She had no details for me of the crime but knew for sure that my Father was involved. This stunned me, because I had spent my highschool years in Franklin and never heard of Henry Marshall or any kind of killing to which she referred. I was in the same class as the son and daughter of L M Owens the brother-in-law that found Henryand I delivered eggs to the sheriffs son-in-law Pryce Metcalf's egg processing facility. I hauled hay with the son of the local game warden who was on the scene June 3 1961. Could every one know but me? I left Texas when I was 4 or 5 and didn't return until I was in highschool. The people were always nice to me and everyone knew who I was and knew my Father. I now that they did know. A year or two after my Mothers revelation I heard a story as related to by my father to another person from my past. This was the story of what happened that afternoon that Henry Marshall died. It was a tell of a botched payoff that got out of hand, everything was going OK, then Henry said that he would be part of it and he was leaving, he began to fight with the group and that's when someone hit him in the head with a rifle. The whack caved in his orbital bone and left his eyeball dangling, that's when they knew Henry must die and that's when he died. I have shared this story with only a select few. No one in Franklin knows that I know what went down back then. I continue to research on a low key, slowly piecing together what I may find along the way. I noticed a generations theme forming within the story that I am putting together, sort of a Sin of The Fathers type of premise. I believe that Franklin and what happened there is the geniuses of the conspiracy. One thing lead to another and it kept compounding until it consumed a president and forever tainted the fabric of our country. To me Franklin has became a microcosm, sort of a biopsy of the conspiracy to be studied and understood. From this knowledge I hope to better understand what happened in a broader since to our nation as a whole, how the Sin of The Fathers has transpired through the generations to bring us to the point where we are at today. Douglas, please hold these things I communicate to you in confidence. I find it much easier to do what I am doing with out drawing attention to myself. Respectfully, Floyd Stephens Hello Douglas, Nice to hear from you. Your letters from Floyd show the kind and respectful researcher he was. Glen Sample
  10. Glen: He did make contact with Marina and mainly with Mr. Porter, her husband. While he (Mr. Porter) was in the hospital Marina threw out the books Floyd sent. She told him on the phone that she did not wish to discuss this matter. Floyd relayed this to me in our last conversation, less than two weeks ago. I am posting this because secrecy in matters as grave as these can be most dangerous. Dawn Dawn, I found this in yesterday's Austin American-Statesman: "Also Monday, Floyd Collins Stephens, 47, was driving a pickup north on Research Boulevard near Jamestown Drive about 4:30 p.m. when he lost control and hit two retaining walls, police said. Stephens was taken to Brackenridge Hospital, where he died." Is this the right Floyd? If so, chalk up another single car accident in Texas. Glen Glen: Yes, that is him. But there was an autopsy and it was a heart attack. I am in the process of trying to obtain further information, just got off the phone with the woman who called me last night. She had no idea that he was involved in this research. His wife also may not know. Ed Tatro told me today to have them look through his personal effects for Tic Tacs. Do you know if the book he was working on may be on his computer? When we talked last it was just about his dealings with Marnia and Ralph Porter. I was planning to call him this week to re-schedule a trip to see Billie Sol. Dawn ************** I'm sure that his book was on his computer. He sent me some of his work in e-mail attachments. I was looking through past e-mails and noticed that he was a friend of the Stegall family. Went to school with Sheriff Stegall's son, etc. Stegall was the Sheriff that found Marshall's body and called it a suicide. Floyd Felt that his own father was involved somehow in the Marshall murder. He was working on his book with a goal of finishing it in 2010. Glen
  11. Glen: He did make contact with Marina and mainly with Mr. Porter, her husband. While he (Mr. Porter) was in the hospital Marina threw out the books Floyd sent. She told him on the phone that she did not wish to discuss this matter. Floyd relayed this to me in our last conversation, less than two weeks ago. I am posting this because secrecy in matters as grave as these can be most dangerous. Dawn Dawn, I found this in yesterday's Austin American-Statesman: "Also Monday, Floyd Collins Stephens, 47, was driving a pickup north on Research Boulevard near Jamestown Drive about 4:30 p.m. when he lost control and hit two retaining walls, police said. Stephens was taken to Brackenridge Hospital, where he died." Is this the right Floyd? If so, chalk up another single car accident in Texas. Glen
  12. This is indeed bad news. Floyd and I communicated many times by phone and e-mail. I am not a paranoid person, but this makes me a little concerned. Floyd was working on the Marshall murder aspect of this case. He has some solid information and I personally warned him about the direction that he was heading. He was also trying to make contact with Marina Oswald concerning the statement in Billie Sol's book that Marina KNEW Malcolm Wallace. He mailed Marina Billie Sol's book along with my book and asked her to respond. Floyd's Father, I am convinced, was somehow connected to the Marshall murder. Floyd was a "phisically involved" researcher. How sad. Glen Sample
  13. Aubry Mayhew claims to have the actual window, but He wasn't the owner in '63 when Byrd removed the "snipers nest" window and took it to his home. I have heard from individuals who visited Byrd's home in the past and saw the window, proudly displayed in his "trophy" room. Glen Sample http://www.jfkphenomenon.com/window.html
  14. Thank you Dawn. I've been reading this forum for quite a while and hope to contrubute more in the future. I think I feel more "at home" here than some of the other forums. I was not aware of Nathan Darby's death until I read some of your posts. Sadly, my good friend and co-author Mark Collom passed awy also, on Nov. 9th. He lived in Burleson, Tx, and our last trip together was to Austin to visit Nathan. Glen
  • Create New...